HoD sweeping in WvW

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Fury.6248

Fury.6248

I find it hilarious how angry you guys are at the fact that HoD is night capping if we have such a strong night presence that we just instacap everything at night how does that explain that we weren’t able to take anything during friday saturday and sunday? we have a strong night presence but I find it funny how this thread was made on the day we start winning.

Cause majority of adults have weekends off an you got beat while people could play. Next question?

Dragonbrand Server
Devious(DVS)

(edited by Fury.6248)

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

I find it hilarious how angry you guys are at the fact that HoD is night capping if we have such a strong night presence that we just instacap everything at night how does that explain that we weren’t able to take anything during friday saturday and sunday? we have a strong night presence but I find it funny how this thread was made on the day we start winning.

Excellent question, easy answer.

On the weekends sometimes I stay up real late getting drunk and playing video games.
On weekdays I have a job and a family that need me to be well rested and sober.

I am not unique in this respect.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

SBI depends the hours of the day, i know lot of people that works mostly all the day , then when we are online we push all and retake like always. actually theres are lot of slots available to enter to wvwv map, no people playign rigth now.

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Garillo.1349

Garillo.1349

im not going to sugar coat it.

HOD is properly prepared for the WvW of this game.
they have numbers
they have skill

the simple fact is neither SBI/JQ/ET alone have the ability to field and army the size of HOD combined during off hours. AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT TACTIC with WvW in its current state, it is he who has the largest army and the greatest coordination. thus HOD is currently the only server prepared to dominate WvW during the week days.

this week is a good fight and it has been interesting and ruin anyway is happy for the fight. we will be seeing you out there this afternoon.

Well it is kinda cheap that HoD relies on cleaning up maps when no one is on. It’s pretty much uncontested at 4am on a weekday. On weekends, the more appropriate rankings were shown. SBI 1st, ET 2nd, HoD 3rd.

HoD can’t go toe to toe with SBI. They’ll get shook. Same goes for ET. It all comes down to HoD capping everything when no one is on, leaving the other 2 teams to dedicating time cleaning up the map come normal hours.

Garillo -Guardian ** Dosbox- Engineer
Garillobot- Ranger * Shilombish Hokoffi- Necro
Ahalaia Afabi Sipi- Thief *

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Fury.6248

LOL @ Skill from WvW comment.

95% of WvW players are terrible/average. The other 5% get overlooked cause they do not count for enough people to make a difference. But those 5% are the ones who make you cry in tourneys in the mists.

Dragonbrand Server
Devious(DVS)

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Sky.9347

Just sharing from another thread because it seemed relevant:

But as you said, what really matters is staring at a keep filled to the brim with supplies, Fortified Walls, Reinforced Doors, Cannons, Oil, Guards, Vendors, half of the dominating servers map population catapulting and trebbing your spawn point.

This could be addressed by capping a keeps allowed upgrades at tier1/2/3 , respective to that keeps distance from the owners spawn.

Example:
The home borderland team is allowed to fortify to tier3 only on garrison, tier 2 in bay/hills , and is limited to tier1 upgrades at the briar/water towers, and tier1 at vale/water supply camps.

Likewise invaders could be limited to tier2 at enemy garrison, and tier 1 at the north east/west towers.

Overall effect would to limit fortification ability the deeper you push to the enemys spawn.

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Fury.6248

Exactly what garillo said. Weekends Friday – Sunday True Rankings. Monday-Thurs No Life Commitments paradise AKA carried by server population.

Dragonbrand Server
Devious(DVS)

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Keldrath.4735

Keldrath.4735

HoD got stomped while everyone was online over the weekend. Now that the adults are back to working they are making points back. Sounds like you have a lot of children/nighttime crew or jobless people on HoD. Friday – Sunday is the real match everything else is just for the teenagers and jobless to catch up. Either way not really something to be proud of. Considering that WvW is not a show of skill and individually most players are terrible.

you know how easy it would be for me to replace your “adults” with “children” and “working” with “school”

But I won’t because it’s stupid, but maybe pointing it out will show you how stupid it sounds when you say it.

80 Necromancer/Guardian/Mesmer
Isle of Janthir
Super Ultra Mega Awesome [SUMA]

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Fury.6248

HoD got stomped while everyone was online over the weekend. Now that the adults are back to working they are making points back. Sounds like you have a lot of children/nighttime crew or jobless people on HoD. Friday – Sunday is the real match everything else is just for the teenagers and jobless to catch up. Either way not really something to be proud of. Considering that WvW is not a show of skill and individually most players are terrible.

you know how easy it would be for me to replace your “adults” with “children” and “working” with “school”

But I won’t because it’s stupid, but maybe pointing it out will show you how stupid it sounds when you say it.

It was a nice way of putting it without calling the monday-thursday crew no lifers

Dragonbrand Server
Devious(DVS)

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Right and the collusion vs. HoD also didnt factor into it right?
Take your trolling somewhere else.

(edited by displacedTitan.6897)

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: insignia.3625

insignia.3625

It was a nice way of putting it without calling the monday-thursday crew no lifers

i think theres another description for that…. non-americans, maybe?

[SYN] Synapse
Titan Alliance, Henge of Denravi

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: cyflip.1765

cyflip.1765

It’s like in ancient time wars! Off hours is other server’s most vulnerable times, it’s called tactics as well isn’t it.. Now SBI and ET should get day people to sleep and get them up on night shift =D Although I’m not part of any of these servers.

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

Right and the collusion vs. HoD also didnt factor into it right?
Take you trolling somewhere else.

There was no collusion, HoD is the big gorrila, but nobody got together and agreed to ally against you. You just lost during the weekend because your primetime crew isn’t that good. You depend on winning with your off peak alliance when nobody is around to contest you.

I fought just as many SBI as HoD last weekend, that was true for everyone. If there were an alliance, then HoD would not be able to leave their spawn during primetime.

Perhaps ET and SBI should form a temporary alliance just to show you what that really means, but it doesn’t exist at this point and never did.

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Navaris.5087

Navaris.5087

Egh… Now people are going to transfer from SBI back to HoD…

Was nice for once to have a large guild showing due to less queue time.

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Venge.6893

Venge.6893

Personally, in the Eternal Battlegrounds at least, I think some of it has to do with the particular side. The Green Shard, with Lowlands Keep, just seems much more suited to defense and offense. It’s easy to get out of the keep and to the towers, the supply camps are easy to retake, all towers and supply camps are equidistant, and the road out of the keep is straight both to Stonemist and to Anz.

I think the Red Shard is pre-positioned to get tag-teamed in that it’s an easy and appealing road to Anz for Green Shard, and the uber-chokehold of Pangaloss makes an appealing target for Blue, since a large portion of average WvW Red Shard players, from any server, will just pour manpower into that choke.

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Garillo.1349

Garillo.1349

Realistically, the time at which servers are most active should be taken into account when creating the matchups.

Say that Team A dominantly caps more nodes between the hours of 2-4am (whatever time, pretend it’s global for example) They should be paired against other servers that share the same trend of capping more nodes around these hours- they’ve already show that they share a stagnant map other “off” hours. This promotes real competition and PvP rather than sweeping a sleeping map.

What’s to stop a “day” crew from coming in and balancing this out? Nothing. However, with transfers eventually not being free it would create a gold sink of sorts, having to pay to move to servers if you wanted to fight uncontested maps. It would also keep the servers shuffling ranks instead of a set 1-2-3. You would have your population that wants to rep their server, being paired accordingly to active hours, and then the population that wants to server hop to a winning team constantly moving to play in uncontested areas.

Something needs to be done to create matchups that fairly reflect rankings in relation to when a server is active.

Garillo -Guardian ** Dosbox- Engineer
Garillobot- Ranger * Shilombish Hokoffi- Necro
Ahalaia Afabi Sipi- Thief *

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Fury.6248

Bottom line is your only as good as the people you are playing. Winning when people are on low peak times gives you no respect. Winning vs low population servers gives you no respect. An well when people were on over the weekend you lost. So sorry if I had to put a end to your “Fantasy” even though its a fantasy game… your not pro when you can’t win Friday-Sun. So you can post all you want pretend all you want. Feel free to role-play as a champion all you want. In the end your only as good as the people you play and looks like most people are playing Friday-Sun and you came in last GG.

Dragonbrand Server
Devious(DVS)

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Keldrath.4735

Keldrath.4735

It also carries a lot of assumptions such as that there is only 1 shift for work during the day. people work all different shifts, 1st shift, 2nd shift, third shift. Honestly when it comes down to it, the adults are the ones that are more able to play at off hours, because they have more diversity in when they work as opposed to children who are in school. So it’s not even just non-americans either.

It’s just ignorant on many different levels. Didn’t even bring up the fact that the maps have player caps so even when “prime time” is on, not all of them can get in anyways.

80 Necromancer/Guardian/Mesmer
Isle of Janthir
Super Ultra Mega Awesome [SUMA]

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Binafus.8153

Binafus.8153

Last update

HOD -545
ET – 90
SBI – 70

I guess this is still considered the Asian players?

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Grim West.3194

Last update

HOD -545
ET – 90
SBI – 70

It’s 12 noon pst. Most people in NA are still at work or school. I think you just proved our point for us.

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Gaslov.9164

Gaslov.9164

Gaslov, you setting pretty low standards for yourself bro, in any competitive sport your only the undisputed champion if you beat everyone. An well getting owned over the weekend and catching up while most of the people who owned you are not playing doesn’t make you a champ or even a good player for that matter.

It must really sting to see your shot at being #1 slipping away…

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

@Fury, Grim West.
I wont bother to go around and collect things said by people on SBI and ET in reference to the fact that it was a gangup, frankly I dont care. We on HoD were having a blast getting double teamed. Also you were spawn camping us in EB friday night. ET was at our spawn while SBI was sieging lowlands. Convince yourselves that SBI and ET are omg so leet because you were winning this weekend. I never even stated HoD was better or it was anything but even, you two feel the need to toot your own horns because at the end of the week when winners are tallied… It wont be either of you. GG thanks for playing.

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Trik.1039

Trik.1039

WvW as it stands is primarily about numbers. You can’t see half (or sometimes the majority) of enemies when you run into them anyways. It’s about who has more AoE and more bodies to absorb AoE. There is some skill involved, but that is significantly diminished with server lag and rendering issues. That being said, WvW is about numbers ALL of the time, not just weekends or prime time. TA intentionally includes European and Oceanic guilds for 24/7 coverage. There is nothing stopping any other server from doing the same. If you know the rules of the game ahead of time and you plan ahead to maximize your potential within that rule set, I believe it’s called strategy.

Also when looking at WvW being a numbers game WITH a cap on each side (on each map), it is easy to see that any server that is the target of two servers should lose by design, assuming all servers have all WvW slots filled. If each server can have X players and server B and server C both attack server A from different directions, server A must defend at each location with roughly X/2 players while server B and server C can attack at each location with roughly the full X number of players. It’s pretty basic math. It’s only “even” when each server is pushing in two directions with around X/2 players. Yes, I am aware this oversimplifies things, as there are players that defend objectives and small groups that cap objectives in enemy territory, but it conveys the idea adequately.

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Fury.6248

It also carries a lot of assumptions such as that there is only 1 shift for work during the day. people work all different shifts, 1st shift, 2nd shift, third shift. Honestly when it comes down to it, the adults are the ones that are more able to play at off hours, because they have more diversity in when they work as opposed to children who are in school. So it’s not even just non-americans either.

It’s just ignorant on many different levels. Didn’t even bring up the fact that the maps have player caps so even when “prime time” is on, not all of them can get in anyways.

Exactly an HoD is carried by 10pm-7am thank them. I am not the ignorant one. Queue size data from 9-14 to 9-18 (NA) Check it. Grats on winning vs 30-40% of the playerbase. Haha.

Dragonbrand Server
Devious(DVS)

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Grim West.3194

@Fury, Grim West.
I wont bother to go around and collect things said by people on SBI and ET in reference to the fact that it was a gangup, frankly I dont care. We on HoD were having a blast getting double teamed. Also you were spawn camping us in EB friday night. ET was at our spawn while SBI was sieging lowlands. Convince yourselves that SBI and ET are omg so leet because you were winning this weekend. I never even stated HoD was better or it was anything but even, you two feel the need to toot your own horns because at the end of the week when winners are tallied… It wont be either of you. GG thanks for playing.

We were just responding to your nonsense about collusion. Really, if there was an alliance you would be stuck in your spawn during prime time.

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

insignia.3625

its obvious this fury dude has absolutely no map presence or is just plain ignorant.
he has no idea ruin dedicated 70-80 players to solely bear down on HoD during the weekend.
he has no idea that the bigger guilds in SBI opted to focus on HoD at the same time.
he has no idea that TA can hardly get any members into WvW due to the weekend queues.
he probably is one of those zerg pugs that run around smacking kitten, dying and respawn to do the same thing over and over again without objectives.

100g says im right.

[SYN] Synapse

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Fury.6248

HoD is far from #1 we can prove it in the mists daily.

Dragonbrand Server
Devious(DVS)

(edited by Fury.6248)

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Last update

HOD -545
ET – 90
SBI – 70

Try again in about 4hrs or so. Thats when most people are settled down and playing.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Sky.9347

The first thing I want to say is: HoD being 3rd place during the weekend is no more proof of skill than HoD being 1st place by the end of the week. They had a BRUTAL fight in store for them this weekend, and they will have another BRUTAL fight in store next weekend.

If anything, the top 4 servers are basically the same with level of organization and strategy.

WvW as it stands is primarily about numbers. You can’t see half (or sometimes the majority) of enemies when you run into them anyways. It’s about who has more AoE and more bodies to absorb AoE. There is some skill involved, but that is significantly diminished with server lag and rendering issues. That being said, WvW is about numbers ALL of the time, not just weekends or prime time. TA intentionally includes European and Oceanic guilds for 24/7 coverage. There is nothing stopping any other server from doing the same. If you know the rules of the game ahead of time and you plan ahead to maximize your potential within that rule set, I believe it’s called strategy.

Also when looking at WvW being a numbers game WITH a cap on each side (on each map), it is easy to see that any server that is the target of two servers should lose by design, assuming all servers have all WvW slots filled. If each server can have X players and server B and server C both attack server A from different directions, server A must defend at each location with roughly X/2 players while server B and server C can attack at each location with roughly the full X number of players. It’s pretty basic math. It’s only “even” when each server is pushing in two directions with around X/2 players. Yes, I am aware this oversimplifies things, as there are players that defend objectives and small groups that cap objectives in enemy territory, but it conveys the idea adequately.

But there IS something standing in the way… you see, all oceanic players currently have a server to play on. This isn’t 3 months prior to release. Yes, you guys were so forward thinking and amazing that you saw it coming and prepared and yadda yadda – GREAT! And guess what, you’ve won every single match since release (I guess). Awesome payoff for that foresight.

And now, unless something is done to balance out the servers somehow (I am not in favor of mechanics or systemic changes), W3 as an entire game mode will suffer and may even sputter out and fail in the near future.

Winning is cool. Winning all the time is cool, I guess. Winning forever because you are the only server with anyone left willing to even play the game is… cool?

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

insignia.3625

The first thing I want to say is: HoD being 3rd place during the weekend is no more proof of skill than HoD being 1st place by the end of the week. They had a BRUTAL fight in store for them this weekend, and they will have another BRUTAL fight in store next weekend.

If anything, the top 4 servers are basically the same with level of organization and strategy.

But there IS something standing in the way… you see, all oceanic players currently have a server to play on. This isn’t 3 months prior to release. Yes, you guys were so forward thinking and amazing that you saw it coming and prepared and yadda yadda – GREAT! And guess what, you’ve won every single match since release (I guess). Awesome payoff for that foresight.

And now, unless something is done to balance out the servers somehow (I am not in favor of mechanics or systemic changes), W3 as an entire game mode will suffer and may even sputter out and fail in the near future.

Winning is cool. Winning all the time is cool, I guess. Winning forever because you are the only server with anyone left willing to even play the game is… cool?

if we win this matchup, it would really be much more of an incentive for us TA to transfer, just saying.

[SYN] Synapse

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Sky.9347

insignia,

It doesn’t happen often… but I agree with you there. ;-)

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Grim West.3194

if we win this matchup, it would really be much more of an incentive for us TA to transfer, just saying.

That’s the theory but in practice it hasn’t worked has it..

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Grim West.3194

A gold medal in the Olympics means a lot when your the only country to show up right?
Bads trollin all day while getting beat when people show up… so funny.

Now you’re just trolling. Add something to the argument or leave the discussion.

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Gaslov.9164

Gaslov.9164

A gold medal in the Olympics means a lot when your the only country to show up right?
Bads trollin all day while getting beat when people show up… so funny.

Just transfer to Jade Quarry so you can feel like a winner.

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Fury.6248

Your the troll son. Pretend your good. If your not 10pm-7am you make no difference on HoD. An if you are well your playing vs no one. GJ. Add me so I can steamroll you kids in the mists.

Dragonbrand Server
Devious(DVS)

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Trik.1039

But there IS something standing in the way… you see, all oceanic players currently have a server to play on.

I believe transfers are still free. No matter what, some server is going to have more Oceanic players than another. If you were Oceanic time, I would expect you to want a more populated server for PvE purposes during your prime time. It would be great if a few servers had a heavy Oceanic and US presence because the WvW would just be that much more epic. However, it’s sort of on SBI, ET and JQ to recruit an Oceanic presence.

Regarding winning all the time, I agree. I think any one server should lose when two other servers of similar WvW presence actively target them. That’s not saying the other two servers completely ignore each other, but calling one server as primary target should pretty much force a loss on them. It’s a mechanic that prevents one server from dominating WvW forever.

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Squiggy.8732

Squiggy.8732

Every single point on every Post about HOD is moot. You have not seen every major guild on the server in WvW out in force. You have seen a small percentage of each on a map restricted to 166 people per side. When you see that there are 166 of one or two guilds on every map. Dont even bother with conclusions. Until then saying anything is pointless. 20 to 50 of one guild or another mixed in with militia per map has caused havoc.

Que times and the inability for guilds to get their teams all in, makes every discussion pointless. Wait and see, eventualy it will happen and that is when the real fun will begin.

This goes for every server. No one has bought there A game yet

Until the day arrives everything said means nothing.

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Agent.3490

Agent.3490

Haters gonna hate, thats why were #1 and undefeated haha keep qq’ing kids.

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

insignia.3625

tell me how we are rolling nobody.

Attachments:

[SYN] Synapse

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Fury.6248

A picture with 0 reference to the time period its taken means absolutely nothing. Where is your chat bubble replying to this forum topic? Where is the clock showing the time and date? Use your brain bro.

Dragonbrand Server
Devious(DVS)

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Fury.6248

HoD is a joke. My gamer tag is on the left try to prove me wrong we can go anytime in the mists. But when you get stomped your NAME will be showing in a fraps video posted on these forums.

Dragonbrand Server
Devious(DVS)

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Sky.9347

But there IS something standing in the way… you see, all oceanic players currently have a server to play on.

I believe transfers are still free. No matter what, some server is going to have more Oceanic players than another. If you were Oceanic time, I would expect you to want a more populated server for PvE purposes during your prime time. It would be great if a few servers had a heavy Oceanic and US presence because the WvW would just be that much more epic. However, it’s sort of on SBI, ET and JQ to recruit an Oceanic presence.

Regarding winning all the time, I agree. I think any one server should lose when two other servers of similar WvW presence actively target them. That’s not saying the other two servers completely ignore each other, but calling one server as primary target should pretty much force a loss on them. It’s a mechanic that prevents one server from dominating WvW forever.

Except that it does not work. Would be great IF it worked, but it doesn’t work because of off-hours capping.

off-hours presence > strategy <— this is a problem, in my opinion

I prefer to say off-hours presence so it applies to all servers, in all places. We are all just gamers trying to play a game here, but we do live very different lives in very different places across the world.

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

insignia.3625

wow. you are ignorant. you dont even know where the timestamp is and when this was taken?

lol i rest my case.
oh, let me help you out.
www.guildwars2guru.com forums or check the gw2junkies podcast.

[SYN] Synapse

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

insignia.3625

hey fury, i see what you mean now.
talking to you is just as futile as PvD.

[SYN] Synapse

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Sky.9347

A picture of what… 20 ET players at almost 4PM EST proves what, exactly?

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Trik.1039

HoD is a joke. My gamer tag is on the left try to prove me wrong we can go anytime in the mists. But when you get stomped your NAME will be showing in a fraps video posted on these forums.

sPvP and WvW are very different. You run specs in WvW that you would NEVER run in sPvP because the objectives are different and the number of people involved is VERY different. I would also like to throw out there that ‘stomping people’ in a video game is something that should be added to a resume. Yes, it’s THAT important. (Or was it completely unimportant and no one really cares? I get those mixed up sometimes.)

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Fury.6248

wow. you are ignorant. you dont even know where the timestamp is and when this was taken?

lol i rest my case.
oh, let me help you out.
www.guildwars2guru.com forums or check the gw2junkies podcast.

So 3:47pm on a picture of you runnning from Ruin most likely back to a keep that was upgraded during the night capping proves what exactly to those of us who are currently in a 12:57pm timezone and at work? That you suck an only win when we are not online?

Dragonbrand Server
Devious(DVS)

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Fury.6248

Trik, all the above baddies who brag that they are sooo good cause they play on HoD would disagree with you.

Dragonbrand Server
Devious(DVS)

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

Fury.6248

Yep and in WvW you get Pugs filling majority of your ranks, Gear advantages , lag , “Skill capping while people offline” all of which are on a even playing field and require the most skill possible to perform to win. /end sarcasm. On the other hand everyone gets the same gear/items in the mists and you can form non pug games.. HMmm Which one requires skill again?

Dragonbrand Server
Devious(DVS)

HoD sweeping in WvW

in WvW

insignia.3625

4pm at GMT+8 which is like 1am PDT?
im not sure which timezone to convert to but ruin had huge coverage during my peak hours (or your off-peak)

[SYN] Synapse