How can I WvW with guildmates

in WvW

Posted by: CajunSinjin.3410

CajunSinjin.3410

I joined a guild but appartently we are all on different servers. How can I play WvW with them? I thought we had this mega world and the all of the guilds could be together now?

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

You were mistaken. We have server segregation in WvW. Mega servers are for PvE.

You need some sort of segregation for WvW specifically, so that you have a cohesive server of players to get to know and rally behind.

I am genuinely curios, how did you believe WvW worked? there had to be teams set when the weekly matches reset. How were you assuming the three sides were determined?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

CajunSinjin.3410

It just seems silly that you can PvE with a guild but can’t WvW. Why can’t a guild be “assigned to a world” so that when you join that guild you are part of that world to WvW with. WvW is a big part of the game and I should be able to enjoy with guildmates.

in WvW

Posted by: Thegreatninjaman.5891

Thegreatninjaman.5891

I disagree with that Cajun. that would open the game up too all sorts of sneaky backstabbing tactics that would be unenjoyable and make every new member to a guild an enemy.

in WvW

CajunSinjin.3410

Well there should be something to be done. I just changed guilds after the one I was in evaporated and now I learn that my new friends and I can’t WvW together?!? That is unacceptable. I understand the need to protect the WvW nature but don’t you agree that I should be able to WvW with my guildmates?

in WvW

CajunSinjin.3410

I have a question to the Devs.

Is this designed to get people to throw gems away?

Apparently the only way this will work is if we pick a server and all agree to transfer to it. This will cost 1800 gems…..each……regardless of which server we pick (yes,I just checked tonight and they were all listed as Very High Population and all cost 1800 gems).

So we can hang out and PvE together but if we want to WvW together we are screwed unless we pay like $25 for each person. Now I understand why certain worlds suck at WvW. You can form a strong guild but unless you pay up you can’t WvW together and thus it will always be pick up zergs.

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Good idea, but i think players should assign to a guild and guilds should dish out to realms depend on something score system

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

This is why WvW guilds only recruit inside WvW and advertise on forums looking only for players on that server. If WvW means a lot to you, join a WvW guild on your server. There’s 5 guild slots for your account. Make use of them.

P.S 100% rep PvE guilds suck

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

You have to keep in mind that megaservers were implemented in April. WvW was designed with servers in mind. Communities formed on each server allowing each server to organize their WvW efforts. Destroying every WvW community could have possibly killed the game mode. Servers had to be kept for WvW.

The best advice I can give is to run dungeons with your guildmates. 1800 gems seems like a lot, but it’s less than 300 gold last time I checked which isn’t too difficult to achieve in pve.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: spacecase.8796

spacecase.8796

Well all i can say is that you can thank megaserver for this confusion as before to play properly with guildmates you would of joined the same server as its the only way you could play with each other without guesting but now the meagmess is here there is lots of this confusion..as to you’re problem it if theres quite a few of you all move to a lower tier if you want to WvW then cheaper option is to all move to lowers and help them get more player coverage or wait for another season and hope for free transfers to lower so you can all play together..and yes it suks and will cost you otherwise…sorry dude

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

I don’t want to sound like a kitten here, but the thing is that most wvw guilds do not form and then check if the members are actually on the same server. A wvw guild recruit inside of their world and don’t have to pay anything unless the guild decide to move to another server. If they decide to move then yes all pay for that. It is a part of the game. I might agree with you that 1800 gems is way to much, but consider we don’t pay a monthly fee or anything else, then i can understand that a-net need to get money elsewhere.

So my point is that you actually did not do the research you should have done before you made a choice, and you can’t really blame a-net for that

Also very few wvw players want mega servers in wvw. The day they add this, they will probably loose half of the population.

in WvW

CajunSinjin.3410

Here are two more thoughts on the subject

1) Influence is mostly earned in PvE but mostly spent in WvW. So if I join an WvW only guild all of the influence I earn in PvE will not go to the WvW guild until I’m playing with them in WvW The relationship between these two is not a clear split and needs to be addressed. I would think that if I joined a WvW guild, they would be kittened if I’m not earning influence for them for WvW activities but perhaps I’m wrong. I’m curious, how much influence a typical guild member earns from PvE versus WvW.

2) How to find a WvW guild? If you go out into WvW, unless you catch it at the right time you will not find a guild active out there, just a bunch of PUG players from different guilds like me. We need WvW server based forums to allow us to post in. They should be tied to the account so there can be no cross spying. That way you can post you want to join a WvW guild, plan attacks but members from other servers can access the forums. It should be simple as ANET know our accounts and which server our account is tied to.

I think #2 could go a long way to addressing this gap but the missing Influence when in both a WvW and PvE guild will be an issue.

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

CajunSinjin, it’s on you to determine what server a given guild advertising in LA or DR is based on for WvW if you intend to WvW with them, not ANet’s.

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

2) How to find a WvW guild? If you go out into WvW, unless you catch it at the right time you will not find a guild active out there, just a bunch of PUG players from different guilds like me. We need WvW server based forums to allow us to post in. They should be tied to the account so there can be no cross spying. That way you can post you want to join a WvW guild, plan attacks but members from other servers can access the forums. It should be simple as ANET know our accounts and which server our account is tied to.

What server are you on? Most (if not all) servers have set up community forums for their server. Usually they will validate you to make sure you are on their server by meeting you in WvW. As for finding guilds in WvW, many guilds run without tags so you may not notice them even though they are on. Ask in map chat if there are any guilds recruiting. If there are no guilds on when you play, it could be that you are playing during off hours.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

WvW guilds earn way more influence than PvE guilds. You don’t need to worry about that

gw2wvw.net also has links to all the server websites

There’s also the ‘Looking for’ subforum here

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: sukilih.6913

sukilih.6913

Also join voice comms like TeamSpeak, that will help finding a Wvw guild on your server alittle easier

Ron burgundy
TC- milk was a bad choice

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Here are two more thoughts on the subject

1) Influence is mostly earned in PvE but mostly spent in WvW. So if I join an WvW only guild all of the influence I earn in PvE will not go to the WvW guild until I’m playing with them in WvW The relationship between these two is not a clear split and needs to be addressed. I would think that if I joined a WvW guild, they would be kittened if I’m not earning influence for them for WvW activities but perhaps I’m wrong. I’m curious, how much influence a typical guild member earns from PvE versus WvW.

2) How to find a WvW guild? If you go out into WvW, unless you catch it at the right time you will not find a guild active out there, just a bunch of PUG players from different guilds like me. We need WvW server based forums to allow us to post in. They should be tied to the account so there can be no cross spying. That way you can post you want to join a WvW guild, plan attacks but members from other servers can access

1- no, not really. Wvw guilds earn a lot of influence in wvw too.
2- almost all servers have players who have set up a server forum and community voip servers and spam this info in wvw and major cities.

You really need to do more research.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

CajunSinjin.3410

Chaba,

Why are you being rude? I simply posed a couple of thoughts and you are telling me to do more research. If you don’t want to post anything helpful, then it would be best not to say anything at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Chaba,

Why are you being rude? I simply posed a couple of thoughts and you are telling me to do more research. If you don’t want to post anything helpful, then it would be best not to say anything at all.

I wouldn’t call it being rude. He is just pointing out that had you done some research, you “thoughts” would be very different.

Firstly, influence can be earned by completing events. WvW is filled with an incredible amount of events. Defense/offense events around any wvw objective restart instantly when it is contested. So your statement that most influence is gained from pve is not completely true.

Secondly, there are sooooo many ways to find a WvW guild and nearly every server has their own server forum. If you had looked, you’d see that there is a “Looking For” sub forum down below where guilds/servers/players post recruitment ads and there is a sticky with links to all server websites. Most guilds will post recruitment ads on their server websites as well.

It’s all about getting involved with WvW (which includes getting on ts!) which will provide you the best experience. If you want to play with your guildies, you have to play on the same server as them. If that is a problem for you then you’re outta luck. Either get them to transfer to your server or you transfer to theirs.

Also, most players who have played WvW for a long time know that if WvW becomes megaserver’d, it would die. Server communities are a big reason many people still play this game and to take that away would be devastating for anet’s pockets.

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

You can’t change WvW servers for free because then people would just swap over to mess up their enemies’ servers, or tour around servers excessively which would make WvW server populations and their rankings even more unstable.

PvE was changed so that you were no longer restricted to your server with the introduction of megaservers earlier this year. Guild influence and upgrades used to be tied to specific servers, that’s also no longer the case. We now have guilds that can function across servers in PvE, but not in WvW. There was never a point where they could function across servers in WvW, so the change has been towards greater freedom in guild membership, but there is still that necessary restriction.

I understand the need to protect the WvW nature but don’t you agree that I should be able to WvW with my guildmates?

Yes and yes, but what solution do you suggest that would maintain the integrity of WvW? If you make it so that guild membership decides your WvW alignment, you would have to make guild membership more restrictive (i.e. 1 guild / account, have to pay or wait to switch guilds). This isn’t optimal because even more people would be impacted!

I think you’ve recognized by now that there is a good reason why you can’t get what you want, so if you keep asking for it you’ll just baffle and frustrate everyone.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in WvW

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Well there should be something to be done. I just changed guilds after the one I was in evaporated and now I learn that my new friends and I can’t WvW together?!? That is unacceptable. I understand the need to protect the WvW nature but don’t you agree that I should be able to WvW with my guildmates?

You and your new guildmates can wvw together it’s fairly simple be on the same server… That’s it that’s the solution to your problem. There’s a few ways to get to that point though, find a guild on your server and leave the current guild. Or start saving up gold, or coughing up cash for the server transfer.

No, you shouldn’t be able to wvw with your guildmates. Either you or whoever recruited you should have known about the restrictions on the megaserver vs. wvw and should have discussed them. Unfortunately this system isn’t likely to change anytime soon, and PvE guilds keep recruiting and forgetting about this crucial issue. This is a problem that comes up quite frequently in my PvE guild and it’s really something that the officers should be addressing upon recruitment.

This is totally acceptable, this is absolutely user error. Should this be the situation, no. However with the current system this is how it works, and as the player it’s your obligation to understand how things work in the game, not Anet’s responsibility to make sure you do.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

in WvW

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

You need some sort of segregation for WvW specifically, so that you have a cohesive server of players to get to know and rally behind.

I am genuinely curios, how did you believe WvW worked? there had to be teams set when the weekly matches reset. How were you assuming the three sides were determined?

I’d have signed that before the introduction of mega servers. Now you “rally behind” a server that has no meaning outside of WvW, where WvW holds no longer any benefit to PvE and where yu can’t even rally people in the capitals because your “server” only exists in WvW … with all the imbalances in matchups.

It would, actually, make much more sense to build WvW servers based on guilds than on servers that have no impact outside of WvW because a guild is actually a community whereas the WvW server community is something we old farts from early beta on might feel and remember but it might be hard for a new player to understand the server concept as it is today.

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

in WvW

HtFde.3856

Yes and yes, but what solution do you suggest that would maintain the integrity of WvW?

Integrity? With all that server hopping?

It would actually make much more sense to have guild based alliances – you can track how many people from a guild do actively participate in WvW and adjust the amount of guilds in an alliance so that – for once – me might actually get balanced matchups.

So – do a nice big world, split it into x regions, have each region belong to one alliance and adjust alliance population by guilds and their active members doing WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Put your stuff in account bank, delete your toons and transfer free.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

If you want to find a WvW Guild, you should transfer to a highly active server like Blackgate. You’ll find many guilds running around the borderlands with similar skill levels as yours. It’s great way to make new “forever friends”!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

you want them to change everything because you didnt know what you were doing and didnt bother to ask until after you did it?

Aside from being able to Eotm (which is not real wvw but w/e) if you and your guildies are on the same side as it is color based not server based. For regular wvw you all need to be on the same server to play together. Always has been that way, should always be that way.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

(edited by X T D.6458)

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

If you want to find a WvW Guild, you should transfer to a highly active server like Blackgate. You’ll find many guilds running around the borderlands with similar skill levels as yours. It’s great way to make new “forever friends”!

BG isn’t the only server with WvW guilds. Almost all servers have WvW guilds, and many also have guilds who are PvX and do both WvW and PvE.

Though for the OP:

Servers only determine what side you are on in WvW, it’s been that way since beta. Servers used to also decide who you PvE’d with (unless guesting to another server for PvE.) Until they added Mega servers, which put everyone from the servers in a “melting pot” type of map. (Which allowed guilds to recruit via multiple servers easier for PvE. )

The way to play in WvW with your guild, or the people you want to WvW with is to all be on 1 server. However you can play in EOTM together provided the servers you are all on, are the same color in the matchups for wvw.

Maybe Anet should add in the popup on transferring servers/picking a server for 1st time, that it will determine the server you will be on for WvW. That way it would no longer be the responsibility of players to explain to new incoming GW2 players.

I mean yes it was great without the “mega servers” however they have perks as well, but it did greatly take away “server pride” and the reason for choosing servers unless a player WvW’s.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

(edited by Mishi.7058)

in WvW

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Chaba,

Self-entitlement, passive agression and over-defensiveness, the 3 ingredients that make these forums fun.

As to Chaba’s post, his advice would have actually solved your problem 100% 10 cases out of 10. It’s hillarious how you pick on him for pointing out the best possible thing you could have done. But I guess what he said isn’t exactly what you wanted to hear, was it?

OP, World vs World means that one server fights another. I can’t possibly see how you could assume it would be otherwise, and your coming on the forums complaining that you can’t play with your friends from another server because you didn’t think it through before you chose your servers won’t solve it. Transfer to another server or just accept the fact that you can’t play with them. Unless ANet drastically changes the way the wvw concept works, there won’t be any other way.

in WvW

HtFde.3856

OP, World vs World means that one server fights another. I can’t possibly see how you could assume it would be otherwise […]

I am not the OP but the whole server concept with the megaserver being in place is actually ridiculous and it is much easier to assume a guild based concept than a home-server based one … especially if people have prior experience with DAoC and the likes

Just because you’re used to it -maybe from early beta on when the server based concept actually made sense – doesn’t mean it has to be self-evident – which it isn’t – especially for players who never experienced the before-megaserver time

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

the problem with the “world” thing is that it is logically confusing

in pve, we have mega server, everything is linked up

now, as a completely new player, i am told to pick a new world and these new worlds has high low medium population whatsoever. so, most new players who first entered the game will have this idea that whoever you see on your current map are all from that particular world.

new players do not know what the hell is mega server

then, we have many kind of guilds recruiting irresponsibility, some guilds just want to gain numbers, some guilds don’t care and just want to recruit for the sake of recruiting

with these two factors, many new players are being misled

anet shouldn’t make any individual choose their server at the start of the game but rather, make them choose server when they first step into the wvw

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

I have a question to the Devs.

Is this designed to get people to throw gems away?

Apparently the only way this will work is if we pick a server and all agree to transfer to it. This will cost 1800 gems…..each……regardless of which server we pick (yes,I just checked tonight and they were all listed as Very High Population and all cost 1800 gems).

So we can hang out and PvE together but if we want to WvW together we are screwed unless we pay like $25 for each person. Now I understand why certain worlds suck at WvW. You can form a strong guild but unless you pay up you can’t WvW together and thus it will always be pick up zergs.

Frankly, I think allowing people to join a guild from more than one server what Anet’s biggest mistake. If you are running a guild group in WvW, there’s a chance you could inadvertently give strategy away against a person in your guild whose server you are currently facing (if you use Guild Chat, for instance).

Plus, what happens if you have multiple officers from different servers? The guild upgrades (+5 supply, guild catas, etc) – it’s like supplying weapons to your enemy during a battle. Makes no sense at all.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

If you are running a guild group in WvW, there’s a chance you could inadvertently give strategy away against a person in your guild whose server you are currently facing (if you use Guild Chat, for instance).

Plus, what happens if you have multiple officers from different servers? The guild upgrades (+5 supply, guild catas, etc) – it’s like supplying weapons to your enemy during a battle. Makes no sense at all.

So? I’m not a fan of telling guilds how they should be playing this game. And trying to create restrictions on guilds that make no sense doesn’t change the fact that anyone can buy another account and put it on another server without needing to be a member of a guild.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Oh look, just found this on the first page of this forum: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Guild-Cross-server-dueling-guild

Example of a guild that would be punished by restricting guilds to servers.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

If you are running a guild group in WvW, there’s a chance you could inadvertently give strategy away against a person in your guild whose server you are currently facing (if you use Guild Chat, for instance).

So? I’m not a fan of telling guilds how they should be playing this game. And trying to create restrictions on guilds that make no sense doesn’t change the fact that anyone can buy another account and put it on another server without needing to be a member of a guild.

So, no comment on guild resources? Frankly, guilds across servers is a stupid idea. One that raises more issues than any benefit it provides – unless you do away with WvW altogether. Based on what has happened to it, and what hasn’t happened to it in 2 years, that could be coming.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Frankly, I think allowing people to join a guild from more than one server what Anet’s biggest mistake. If you are running a guild group in WvW, there’s a chance you could inadvertently give strategy away against a person in your guild whose server you are currently facing (if you use Guild Chat, for instance).

And that’s why any serious wvw guild that worth a grain of salt only recruit people from their server (typically by asking them to join WvW first if they were picked on a PvE map).

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Chaba.5410

So, no comment on guild resources? Frankly, guilds across servers is a stupid idea. One that raises more issues than any benefit it provides – unless you do away with WvW altogether. Based on what has happened to it, and what hasn’t happened to it in 2 years, that could be coming.

I’ll reiterate. I’m not a fan of telling guilds how they should play. That includes how they decide to use their own resources that they built. Did you know that one can buy guild catas off the trading post?

What real issues does this raise over benefits? You haven’t really said. Like, it was a real big problem in the past for wvw guilds that transferred servers and had to completely rebuild all their upgrades and influence. All their past effort was made unavailable to them. You are somehow suggesting to go back to that and make it even worse, force members to not be members while transfers going on. It is far more beneficial to have a system that allows players to organize guilds in the way they want rather than shoehorn them into a single guild-type concept.

Chaba Tangnu

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

Chaba,

I’m not a big Chaba fan, but she wasn’t rude. She corrected your unfounded claim regarding influence, and gave you information where to hook up with WvW guilds by pointing out server forums.

Going by the information you offered, she’s right. If you did your homework beforehand, you wouldn’t have joined a guild on another server to play WvW with. You are now demanding that Anet changes the game to correct your mistake.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

The concept is server is really only relevant for WvW.