How do we get rid of the hackers?

in WvW

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Q:

ANeT, currently in our match-up there are a group of hackers who have completely messed up the balance of the game. the CD/DH/HOD match-up is a farce. How do we get rid of them if we have no way to report them? We can’t publicly name them because WE would get in trouble, even if we have total proof. Look at the BLs right now and see if you can look at how rapidly they fell.

Also, said hacker group is openly bragging about it and one of them has actually posted a video on youtube. They are spitting in all our faces and unafraid of any retaliation by ANeT.

Please help us. Give us a way to report them or some guidance on how to tell you of them.

Remember folks, don’t post anyone’s name that you believe is hacking.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

A:

You sure can report. Submit a ticket to CS using the Support button at the top of this page. Give exact spelling of the character names. Even better, if you can give the display names (Like Fred.1234) that helps. If it’s a guild, CS needs to know which people were involved, as indicting an entire guild for the actions of individual members isn’t something we’d want to do.

You normally cannot attach screenshots to the initial ticket, but if CS needs or wants them, they’ll let you know how to send them.

I hope that helps you!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Ohhh, yea it’s really bad this reset night.

The inability to report people in-game for hacking is a rather huge handicap. I think that needs to be included in the report reasons.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Well… to be fair this guy was reported back on Fort Aspenwood in June 2015… He was caught on youtube, and has now moved to HoD… The fact that he has been using these hacks for almost a year now with no repercussions shows how bad things are... I will PM Gaile information, cause sending reports to exploits@arena.net does not work.

Edit: Seems his account may have been terminated, or he just has a new one with the same name with a different #### at the end.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

(edited by Otaur.9268)

in WvW

Posted by: Rocketmist.5436

Rocketmist.5436

As a guild that is fighting this “hacker” group it is super annoying. Have to leave scouts at all the lords on two maps… The guy just ninja’d a T3 ramparts with tactics. He has legit flipped maybe 40-50 objectives this reset over the last 5 hours.

[TL] Guild Leader, Sea of Sorrows, SoS Council

in WvW

Posted by: Michelangelo.1742

Michelangelo.1742

As a guild that is fighting this “hacker” group it is super annoying. Have to leave scouts at all the lords on two maps… The guy just ninja’d a T3 ramparts with tactics. He has legit flipped maybe 40-50 objectives this reset over the last 5 hours.

I can confirm that, we have been trying to catch him (or them?) all night.

WvW Revenge Catch-up Mechanic & Contingent 1U1D!
Tidal Legion [TL] – Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

But… but… how do you kill that which has no life?

Sad to see there are those that actually play like this anymore.

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

And yet hordes of Mag’s abuse the inner SMC exploit to capture it…

Maybe relay that “sad to see” quote to your server at some point.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

When is ANet going to do anything about the hackers in HoD?

How about now?

The “not so” Secret (and banned) Lads of HoD:

• foamknight.8534 – It Goes It Goes Yuh
  • Michael.7943 – The Fame Monster
  • History o Silence.1734 – A Real Ranger

Edit: While I’m here…a report in-game is good, a report in-game AND an email to exploits@arena.net is even better!

Just remember some key things that really help with an investigation:

• What Time and Date was it? Easiest way to do this is to play with Server time on your minimap and take a screenshot when you make a report (don’t forget to send us that screenshot too!)
  • Right click – Report Player for Botting – We can find your report(s) and investigate them later if the first one doesn’t get the job done
  • Your Character or Display Name – Just because you are emailing us doesn’t mean that we can automatically match your account (especially if you email us from an address that doesn’t have a Guild Wars account on it)
  • Be Descriptive! – Names of locations, what you saw, what was happening (even if you didn’t see it), what borderlands? What matchup? More information the better!
Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

That doesn’t really apply to cheaters if you stopped and thought about it for more than 2 seconds. It could be as simple as loading an exploit and doing some capping within an hour….whereas other people are doing the same amount of capping in larger groups legitamitely over a period of 2-3 hours. My point is that it would be the opposite in many cases. aka The hacker has a life, those not hacking don’t have a life. lol

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

ANet is doing a great job killing this game mode, along with that the hackers will be gone too.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

How about now?

Edit: While I’m here…a report in-game is good, a report in-game AND an email to exploits@arena.net is even better!

• What Time and Date was it? Easiest way to do this is to play with Server time on your minimap and take a screenshot when you make a report (don’t forget to send us that screenshot too!)
  • Right click – Report Player for Botting – We can find your report(s) and investigate them later if the first one doesn’t get the job done
  • Your Character or Display Name – Just because you are emailing us doesn’t mean that we can automatically match your account (especially if you email us from an address that doesn’t have a Guild Wars account on it)
  • Be Descriptive! – Names of locations, what you saw, what was happening (even if you didn’t see it), what borderlands? What matchup? More information the better!

Oh what.

So can we out hackers on Reddit then? Maybe it’d be easier.

Although there’s nothing to really stop them from making free accounts again is there?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

How about now?

Reaction 1) GG. Well, played! I’m glad these sorry excuses of players get what they deserved.

Reaction 2) Why didn’t the exact same threads here got that kind of answer here? Why Reddit?

in WvW

Posted by: Tenna Tulre.2076

Tenna Tulre.2076

Being a guild leader (TNL) on HoD as well as Heibi, while I cannot speak for our entire server, it is the general consensus of our server that we do not tolerate what these hackers are doing. I know if one of my own guildies was hacking and I found out about it, I would report it. My own guild does not tolerate that lack of sportsmanship, nor do any of the community that I know of on HoD.

That said, on a more positive note (that is a little off topic), even if HoD managed to get to T3 this week for WvW via false measures of a few hackers, I do have to compliment and commend both SBI and SoS this week. I know everyone in my own guild is having an absolute blast with the challenge that has presented itself, whether it came from honorable means or not, and we are learning a lot from our other two competitors. I haven’t had this much fun in WvW since the Season 2 Tournament, and most of it is because of the challenge brought to us from SBI and SoS both. My guild is primarily a small roaming guild with small groups that run on the borderlands, and it is good to see the numbers again on the BL from our competitors as well as the challenges you all bring.

So, a definite /salute to SBI and SoS, and my small guild and I will continue to do what we can to keep up good sportsmanship as well as report what we can when we see problems happening that would otherwise alter the outcome of the match and/or promote poor sportsmanship in the game.

Level 80 Mesmer, Ele, Engi
Co-Guild Leader | The Nefarious Legacies [TNL]
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Tenna Tulre.2076)

in WvW

Posted by: Rocketmist.5436

Rocketmist.5436

Thanks TNL, props

[TL] Guild Leader, Sea of Sorrows, SoS Council

in WvW

Posted by: Baratta.1083

Baratta.1083

Props to Anet for ban hammer

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

You sure can report. Submit a ticket to CS using the Support button at the top of this page. Give exact spelling of the character names. Even better, if you can give the display names (Like Fred.1234) that helps. If it’s a guild, CS needs to know which people were involved, as indicting an entire guild for the actions of individual members isn’t something we’d want to do.

You normally cannot attach screenshots to the initial ticket, but if CS needs or wants them, they’ll let you know how to send them.

I hope that helps you!

Despite spending 8 hours scouting on our BL, I wasn’t able to lay eyes on this guy even once. He moves incredibly fast and flips objectives without having to take down walls. Thus, I can’t report him as he’s too sneaky…we really need some GM back-up.

in WvW

Sviel.7493

I hope that helps you!

Despite spending 8 hours scouting on our BL, I wasn’t able to lay eyes on this guy even once. He moves incredibly fast and flips objectives without having to take down walls. Thus, I can’t report him as he’s too sneaky…we really need some GM back-up.

in WvW

Posted by: Faux Taux.9834

Faux Taux.9834

I’m glad to hear the hackers have been found. Recently our guild moved back to HoD hoping to find more fights in WvW, and the first thing I ran into last week was witnessing the hackers while I was on DH.

While out solo roaming I was engaged with a group of DH for southeast tower. Just as DH was killing me I saw that their Undercroft flipped. As a roamer, I thought that I had provided a good distraction for my server mates. I put up a query in map chat to ask who else was on the BL and received silence.

After respawning from the beating DH gave me I saw that Palace flipped. And that’s when I thought it was weird. Less than 3 minutes from Undercroft to Palace. About 2 minutes later the necro tower, and 2 minutes after that the Academy tower. Finally 3 minutes later the southwest tower. 2 keeps and 3 towers in ten minutes? The most telling thing? All of the supply camps on DH belonged to DH. Can’t get into towers and keeps without supply, right? Seeing this I left WvW for the night. No point. Several nights later our 5 man group witnessed it again. Undercroft, Palace, and the necro tower in a few minutes.

At this point I’m personally stepping away from GW2. I’m glad the hackers were caught, but WvW (my primary game mode) is in real trouble. Witnessing the hackers work first hand left me with one simple question. What’s the point? Their actions hit me pretty hard regarding my favorite game mode. I’m just not seeing a point any longer.

Good luck all, and keep fighting for the game mode you enjoy! I’ll be waiting to hear when the WvW overhaul comes, and maybe my interest will be re-kindled.

Sad to say, this has put me off the game.

Faux

Sorrows Furnace

(edited by Faux Taux.9834)

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Hah, we actually had folks on reset night camping the keep lord room and gathering from nodes in the meantime with recorders ready. That was some degree of excitement though probably not for the right reasons.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

GW2 has needed in game GMs since release. Community sourced online GMs with power to report directly to ANet would also be a massive improvement.

I have seen a tremendous amount of hacking go completely unpunished in this game despite multiple reports. The old build trebs in unreachable places went on for months in T2. Killing lords under the ground, that went on for years.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

Hah, we actually had folks on reset night camping the keep lord room and gathering from nodes in the meantime with recorders ready. That was some degree of excitement though probably not for the right reasons.

One of my guild mates told me that the hack troll was indeed using our guild tag, but with a different description… [AIR] The Storm of Orders …was what the troll was using? Our guild tag is [AIR] The Order of Storms.

What a kitten. I always report trash immediately ingame when I see it.

p.s. Would be awesome to have a chance to /wave at you sometime this week.

Edit: /wave preferably before I get steam rolled by one of your zergs, lol.

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Just a warning, on the salt forums the troll is threatening to resume presumably with another account might be on another server as well. Unfortunately the idiots on there seem to be encouraging him.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

One of my guild mates told me that the hack troll was indeed using our guild tag, but with a different description… [AIR] The Storm of Orders …was what the troll was using? Our guild tag is [AIR] The Order of Storms.

What a kitten. I always report trash immediately ingame when I see it.

p.s. Would be awesome to have a chance to /wave at you sometime this week.

Edit: /wave preferably before I get steam rolled by one of your zergs, lol.

Kinda sad that they were trying to slander you and for what? PPT? PPT hacking? lol I guess someone has to set the low bar. But yea, we began to understand that they’re not part of your community and even if they were, it’s dumb to judge based on the worst from a community— certainly a glass house thing nonetheless. I certainly wouldn’t, and that goes beyond this game, lol.

Yea, EB at primetime alone isn’t very fun and we like to mob down a single target for the chance of getting a spike or something. If you can kite back with 1-2 to behind a corner and have some friends waiting, it should be a nice farm from the tail at least.

Well, that seems unfortunate that they’ve inflated your server’s rating in t3 and t3 is rather screwed up atm. You guys shouldn’t be here, and well nobody else really should either. Should be better in a few weeks.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Tenna Tulre.2076

Tenna Tulre.2076

It just sucks that a few bad apples have to spoil it for the rest. For [AIR], I’d definitely report them if I saw their guild tag. As long as you all have been on HoD, I really don’t know anyone who would be against your guild. And Faux, welcome back to HoD. It’s unfortunate that your guild’s return had to coincide with such horrid circumstances.

Level 80 Mesmer, Ele, Engi
Co-Guild Leader | The Nefarious Legacies [TNL]
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I hope that helps you!

Many people have reported hackers this way but did it ever helped? Nope nada.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: BLANE.8346

BLANE.8346

Happy to know the 3 notorious hackers from [HOPE] on HoD are banned.

They are bragging on gw2wvw forum that they will continue the hacking in tier 1 or tier 2 depending on the highest bidder.
more info here: http://www.gw2wvw.net/topic/db-yb-question

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

The better question is: How do we get rid of the loopholes in the game that allow hacking in the first place?

There will always be people out there who just want to watch the world burn. If there is a cheat, trick, loophole, or exploit, they will take advantage of it over and over again.

So again, how does Anet prevent the hacking in the first place?

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

This likely one reason so much of the stuff is account and soulbound. The group brags that they have “trusted friends” storing stuff for them for the next iteration. It part of the reason we have a TP rather then direct player trades. It part of the reason they have to track all gold transactions.

ANET might be advised to do some more forensics on the banned accounts to see what sort of interactions they had with other players in game. There likely a myraid of ways these low lifes try and work around the restrictions in place but it would seem to me one means may be how gear/mats/gold moved player to player. It just a shame that this might affect how the honest people play the game.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

For once I’m for the hacker. Feel free to screw up the tiers and match ups. The game could use it, nothing else works anyways lol

in WvW

Straegen.2938

The hacker on BG from the guild PINK is at it again. I thought this person left or was banned long ago but the last few days they have been hacking into low lands, destroying the siege and teleporting all over the place. How one person can troll an entire server years after release is amazing to me. ANet should have put a honey pot on this teleport hack a long time ago and just outright banned anyone that access it.

I am pretty sure this is the same fellow from a couple years ago doing the same thing they did then probably using the same hacking method.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

The hacker on BG from the guild PINK is at it again. I thought this person left or was banned long ago but the last few days they have been hacking into low lands, destroying the siege and teleporting all over the place. How one person can troll an entire server years after release is amazing to me. ANet should have put a honey pot on this teleport hack a long time ago and just outright banned anyone that access it.

I am pretty sure this is the same fellow from a couple years ago doing the same thing they did then probably using the same hacking method.

This same person has been doing the same thing for a very long time. This same person used to do the same thing when TC came to T1. I used to try to think positively and not believe the people who say Anet doesn’t care. I gave up on that after seeing the same hacker getting away with the same crap over a year later. Even when I sent an in game message, I think twice, to one of the GM’s. GG

in WvW

Posted by: Baratta.1083

Baratta.1083

You don’t get rid of them ever. Anet needs every customer they can keep at this point. HOD had hackers banned but only for four months. This was a small crew capping a BL in 10 minutes.
It is sad Anet needs customers so badly they will retain a handful who ruin game play for hundreds.

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

I hope that helps you!

Gaile, I have suspicion that almost none of my in game reports actually make it to support. However, ever single report made from the website makes it through.

The reason I think this is the number of times I have reported stuff over and over via in game reports with attached pictures that get zero response, vs website reporting system that gets immediate response is pretty profound and significant.

Is the system bugged? Are there different people that respond via game reports vs. website reports?

I have asked GMs if they have received my in game reports before, and was told no. So now I wonder all those times I reported my missing items when the outfit system came in, all those times I reported system abuse/hackers, all the times I reported anything via in game….. Are they just lost in limbo?

Has anyone else ever experienced this, or suspected this?

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Gaile,

PINK hacker from BG is getting out of control. I added him to my block list and from what I hear he has been reported for quite a long time. I watched the guy port through walls, port into a keep spam his stuff, wreck siege, and then port right through a wall and run off. What was more concerning he has 17,000 achievement points. How long has this been an issue??? Players in map chat said they have been reporting him for close to a year now without any action.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

http://www.twitch.tv/briggah/v/49278921?t=01h18m11s

caught him on stream. 1 hour 18 mins in and 1 hour 20 mins in

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

I simply don’t understand why third party hack programs can’t be blocked by the client. I’m no programmer but why can’t a simple detector be put into the client that would prevent log in when such programs are present. Can’t Anet programmers reverse engineer the most common ones used to date . They’re easy to find by just Googleing GW2 hacks cheats and exploits .Isn’t it in Anets best interest on a financial level to protect their customers from cheaters.

in WvW

briggah.7910

and the PINK guy is back tapping our keep again today and running through the walls again.

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

PINK guy at it again, I don’t think he sleeps or has a job. Porting through walls just having a good ole time lol

in WvW

Straegen.2938

I simply don’t understand why third party hack programs can’t be blocked by the client. I’m no programmer but why can’t a simple detector be put into the client that would prevent log in when such programs are present. Can’t Anet programmers reverse engineer the most common ones used to date . They’re easy to find by just Googleing GW2 hacks cheats and exploits .Isn’t it in Anets best interest on a financial level to protect their customers from cheaters.

Scanning a users machine is a tricky business and full of liability issues. Besides most decent hacks hide themselves from detection. What is possible is for them to figure out the portion of the client that is getting hacked and put code that identifies users any time that routine is improperly accessed. The hacker gets away with it but unknowingly trips the ban flag.

I am sure some of the hacks are injecting network traffic which often is identifiable by syncing packet requests with client submissions.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

.Isn’t it in Anets best interest on a financial level to protect their customers from cheaters.

You already bought the game.
Just remember when gw3 goes on preorder

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

.Isn’t it in Anets best interest on a financial level to protect their customers from cheaters.

You already bought the game.
Just remember when gw3 goes on preorder

After seeing anets communication, business ethics, and product no thanks. Not investing any gems, $$$, or future purchases into their product. Very sloppy communication and staff.

in WvW

Sviel.7493

To be fair, Gaile did respond to this thread in about 20 minutes. Also, the hacker that the OP was talking about was banned within a day.

On the other hand, said hacker had been at it for a long time before that. Also, there’s this other guy who is widely known and has escaped justice for so long. It is puzzling, but it seems that things do get done on occasion.

in WvW

Posted by: shrek.1046

shrek.1046

To be fair, Gaile did respond to this thread in about 20 minutes. Also, the hacker that the OP was talking about was banned within a day.

On the other hand, said hacker had been at it for a long time before that. Also, there’s this other guy who is widely known and has escaped justice for so long. It is puzzling, but it seems that things do get done on occasion.

The HOD hacker has another account that he is levelling up on FA he is boasting about it on the salt forums.

in WvW

briggah.7910

Yea they get rid of 1 hacker every 6 months or so…

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Callendor.1840

Callendor.1840

I reported a hacker in PvP using what looked like midnight 2 with a video on the ticket system early December last year and was told they would not proceed with it as it should be reported in game… I then E-mailed the video to exploits@arena.net as far as I am aware the hacker is still in game

in WvW

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

GW2 has needed in game GMs since release. Community sourced online GMs with power to report directly to ANet would also be a massive improvement.

I have seen a tremendous amount of hacking go completely unpunished in this game despite multiple reports. The old build trebs in unreachable places went on for months in T2. Killing lords under the ground, that went on for years.

You can still do this via an in game exploit with the engineer pull or just be like many of those that do that kind of thing (I saw tons of this when fighting darkhaven) and use position hacks to teleport and drop under the floor.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in WvW

Sadrien.3470

The HOD hacker has another account that he is levelling up on FA he is boasting about it on the salt forums.

Well since he uses teleport and speed hacks he can probably lvl in like 10 minutes by hitting his teleport hotkey to reach waypoints so LOL.

in WvW

Sadrien.3470

This likely one reason so much of the stuff is account and soulbound. The group brags that they have “trusted friends” storing stuff for them for the next iteration. It part of the reason we have a TP rather then direct player trades. It part of the reason they have to track all gold transactions.

ANET might be advised to do some more forensics on the banned accounts to see what sort of interactions they had with other players in game. There likely a myraid of ways these low lifes try and work around the restrictions in place but it would seem to me one means may be how gear/mats/gold moved player to player. It just a shame that this might affect how the honest people play the game.

I’m sure they hacked through dungeons for tokens to get enough exotic gear in order run their builds. They are second rate, those hacks are literally things you can go find on random internet websites that are considered semi safe to get 3rd party programs from. Not impressed. Probably just a no-life using someone else’s hacks and playing the game while pretending to do their job at a fast food restraunt.

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

I reported a hacker in PvP using what looked like midnight 2 with a video on the ticket system early December last year and was told they would not proceed with it as it should be reported in game… I then E-mailed the video to exploits@arena.net as far as I am aware the hacker is still in game

I reported the one on BG this week. I even submitted Briggahs twitch video in the email similar to what you did. Anets response was “please report in game so our security team can keep an eye on him”. I gave them documented evidence and the account name and they can’t sign onto the YB server and hang around EB keep and watch him? Oh wait, that would include PLAYING WVW. It really seems like a lost cause.