How long should matches be?

in WvW

Posted by: CorruptDictator.7283

CorruptDictator.7283

Not as a discussion topic, but more to get an idea of what players really prefer.

24 hours

A few days (3?)

Weekly

2 Weeks

I personally like the weekly system they are running right now (assuming eventaul server population balance) and almost do not want it changed.

Anvil Rock | Real Men Wear Pink [RMWP] | Warrior 80, Neco (in progress)

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Yes 1 week feel about right.

in WvW

Posted by: fractalKinesis.8569

fractalKinesis.8569

I think a week is fine. Two weeks is too long to endure if you’re in a really bad matchup.

Xiro, High Five Warriors [HFW], Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: zTales.4392

zTales.4392

I like the sound of weekly matches. Anything less is too short, and two weeks may feel too long (though I’d take that over short matches any day).

Bri Dragonblight – Ranger | Bri Iceblight – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Richard.8207

Richard.8207

2 weeks. I want some weekends to have defenses built up, while other weekends are fresh starts. (I’m open to some other way to achieve that though)

in WvW

Posted by: Scryar.2954

Scryar.2954

1 week is perfect

WvsW smallscale & tpvp
Champion- Magus, Shadow, Illusionist, Hunter

in WvW

Posted by: Ashanae.9362

Ashanae.9362

3 days unless they shut down free transfers so servers can balance a bit more then 1 week, 2 weeks its way too much.

in WvW

Posted by: Cosine.7841

Cosine.7841

<CrazyIdea>

What about forever?
-Get rid of the point tally at the top. Replace with a percentage score that rolls based on performance in the past seven days (100% would mean you held everything all the time; 33% meant you held even on average for the past week)
-Make the pve bonuses roll daily based on performance past seven days
-Add an anti-domination mechanic, to make it very difficult for a server to take more than ~66-75% of the points (even with population imbalances)—to encourage fighting all the time (eg, server with over 75% of current points captured gets debuff where other 2 servers do X% higher dmg to them and their ncps/walls and gain X% higher rewards)

</CrazyIdea>

in WvW

Posted by: Lymain.6723

Lymain.6723

I’d say 5 days. Both my server’s matches have been clearly decided after 4-5 days, and participation/enthusiasm drop as the matches drag on.

[AS] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: NorthStar.3798

NorthStar.3798

I do like the 1 week matches

[VNG]Northstar
www.VengeanceClan.com
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I too think a week is ideal.

in WvW

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

1 or 2 weeks, anything less is just too short. But they really should change the transfer system as promise, so that you can’t participate in WvW for the reminder of the week after you changed your homeworld server.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

in WvW

Posted by: zoobaby.7804

zoobaby.7804

3-4 days, leaning toward 4.

Keeps it fresh. Get to face and learn new tactics from different servers.

It also would hand some of the top servers tougher fights on rotations where match ups have weekend days. Would possibly cut down on forum “night capping” whines.

SBI native and Altoholic
[Rage] Smelly Tree Sap — Band Camp Babe — Bannned Character--Spooner

in WvW

Posted by: Cupcake.8341

Cupcake.8341

I think 3 days is good. By that time, the rest of the week is defined by who has the power then anyway and it’s a massive plateau of boredom because the players who LIKE W3 have pretty much transferred to the winning server by then to get map completion/jump puzzle rewards so it’s hard to get back up and keep fighting.

in WvW

Posted by: ImProVocateur.5189

ImProVocateur.5189

1 week. Right now people are not foreseeing much change in server standing, so a time limit might really mean nothing. HoD will play SI next week, the same as this week, the same as last week. A more reflexive points system (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Make-matches-semi-weekly-instead-of-weekly/first#post272905) could change that.

in WvW

Posted by: Gomly.6128

Gomly.6128

3-4 days.

By the 4th day on a server getting completely decimated you really just want it to be over and people stop joining up.