How long will it take to craft Warbringer?

in WvW

Posted by: Stalvros.9217

Stalvros.9217

Data is taken from here;
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warbringer

Assuming that the data is accurate and that the WvW Skirmish ticket is the longest to obtain (due to the cap of maximum tickets earned), how long will it take for a new WvW player before you can craft the WvW Legendary Backpack? (This is assuming you already have Gift Of Fortune and you just need the precursor before you can have your SHINIES)

So in total, for the precursor alone, you would need;
- 350 + 525 + 700 + 875 (still need to be verified according to site) WvW Skirmish tickets.
For the Essence Of Annihilation, you would need;
- 350 WvW Skirmish tickets.
So in total, you would need 2,800 tickets.

Total WvW Skirmish tickets you can get per week;
Wood 10, Bronze 15, Silver 20, Gold 25, Platinum 30, Mithril 35, Diamond 40
Making that a total of 175 tickets.

(Please correct me if my calculations and facts are off)

Assuming you play every week farming those pips up ‘till end chest Diamond regardless of your WvW Rank and world’s performance, you’d need about 16 weeks! Which is 4 months in total! Is that about right?

If you put your mind into it, you can accomplish anything.

(edited by Stalvros.9217)

in WvW

Stalvros.9217

Keeping in mind that you’d need about a minimum of at least 2 Seasons of PvP (due to the restriction of ‘Daily League Participator’ to craft the legendary PvP Backpack ‘The Ascension’

and

A minimum of at least 38 days (due to the need of Fractal Pages which can only be obtained max 3 per day) to craft the legendary Fractal Backpack ‘Ad Infinitum’.

So…….. to sum up……
- Ad Infinitum (Legendary Fractal Backpack) = 1 month+ of game time
- The Ascension (Legendary PvP Backpack) = 2 months+ of game time (Assuming it takes 1 month+ before next season start)
(Assumption based on https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_League)
- Warbringer (Legendary WvW Backpack) = 4 months of game time

Is this about right?

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

How long does it take a pve player to craft a legendary weapon without any help from people and no gem to gold conversion?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

or…. get a Blood Ruby Backpack in a few days and spend 100 unbound magic to reset stats when needed. Legendaries are cool and all but we can get the same effect for a fraction of the cost.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Stalvros.9217

or…. get a Blood Ruby Backpack in a few days and spend 100 unbound magic to reset stats when needed. Legendaries are cool and all but we can get the same effect for a fraction of the cost.

I was abt to say get the ice one. Berries are much easier to farm? XD
(Out of topic >_<)

in WvW

Stalvros.9217

How long does it take a pve player to craft a legendary weapon without any help from people and no gem to gold conversion?

Personally for me 1 month+ for sunrise (that was back during those days where you need to mystic the precursor and I got really lucky with the dawn). The T6 mats I just purchase from gold I made from dungeon. Back during those days dungeons gives quite a hefty amount of gold per run? Daily AC 1,2,3 CM 1,2,3 TA ff uu, CM 1,3 COF 1,2…… yeah I think that’s abt it for dungeons. (Dungeons needs 5 people so I’m not sure if that’s counted as without any help from people. Then again it’s not like you can solo WvW and capture entire keeps………. or can you…….). Map completion in Tyria can be completed within 2 weeks+

My wife tried for nevermore and top about 2 months+. Fractals for gold and farm those woods in tyria maps >_<. Lots…… and LOTS….. of woods. And of course the HOT map completion (Dragon stand requires you to clear the map and that is once again…… with the help of people)

in WvW

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Data is taken from here;
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warbringer

Assuming that the data is accurate and that the WvW Skirmish ticket is the longest to obtain (due to the cap of maximum tickets earned), how long will it take for a new WvW player before you can craft the WvW Legendary Backpack? (This is assuming you already have Gift Of Fortune and you just need the precursor before you can have your SHINIES)

So in total, for the precursor alone, you would need;
- 350 + 525 + 700 + 875 (still need to be verified according to site) WvW Skirmish tickets.
For the Essence Of Annihilation, you would need;
- 350 WvW Skirmish tickets.
So in total, you would need 2,800 tickets.

Total WvW Skirmish tickets you can get per week;
Wood 10, Bronze 15, Silver 20, Gold 25, Platinum 30, Mithril 35, Diamond 40
Making that a total of 175 tickets.

(Please correct me if my calculations and facts are off)

Assuming you play every week farming those pips up ‘till end chest Diamond regardless of your WvW Rank and world’s performance, you’d need about 16 weeks! Which is 4 months in total! Is that about right?

Your calculation seems correct. Maybe you can add around 1-3 weeks for the loyalty-penalty to a bandwagon-Server thats alway at 1. position.

A new player will have a low rank at first. So he will get (after his loyalty bonus kicks in) in average around 4 pips per Tick (on the 1. position winnig server) and 2 pips per tick (on the lowest server).

According to
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kFCBNmDwBcNInGJFXSRB731hccwHn28traRxevdcGN4/edit#gid=0
that new player has to play/work/grind for every of those 16 weeks (or more) around 31 hours up to 61 hours per week which results in total of 496 hours up to 976 hours of play/grind time.

Of course a lot of details are not included in this overview: For example the time a new player has to wait in a queue before he can start playing and earning pips.

sarcasm on
But on the positive side : A new player does not need any skill for doing this. He only needs to play/grind the time brain-afk in WvW.
sarcasm off

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

“17 pips: 86 ticks, it takes 7h 10m or around 1h per day”
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6g33ji/here_is_the_time_you_need_to_get_wvw_skirmish/
That’s considered the best case scenario (an impossible scenario consistently..but lets asssume its true and that their math is true idk if it is lol).

7 hours+10mins over 16 weeks is ….114 HOURSSSSSS and 40 MINUTTTES
Just for the tickets for ur legendary…..lulz. A single component.

I mean lets compare that to the gifts of exploration for hot legendaries…..its kinda asking alot given its a backpack not a weapon and has limited features to it by comparison.

And taht’s JUST for the backpack…….if you want the armour or anything else…..gl.

Lets look at a generic
“5 pips: 290 ticks, it takes 1d 0h 10m (24h 10m) or around 3h 30m per day”
so lets just as a rough way triple our earlier estimate, we’ll assume they somehow are doing at least 5 and sometimes alittle more than 5 mbe,
Which gets us to 342 HOURRRRS of gameplay just for tickets.

Personally I only play wvsw really, and I spend alllllot of time on it. And yet I will NOT be planning on getting the legendary backpiece…cause that is just an unfathomable commitment for such an item. Pver’s beware, do the math before you just waltz in and say “i’m gonna play for these cool new items for a bit”. Cause its gonna be alot longer than a bit…and that’s alot of time per week u have to commit to the mode….and thats alot of weeks you have to keep up this committment for…..and that backpack is a very small reward for doing so.

The only reason I dont spend my tickets on tactics right now is only on the offchance they lower the cost for the legendary or add other items of value. If I knew for certain nothing was going ot change…..id just spend them, cause theres nooooo way i intend to commit that much time/effort for such a crummy item. I honestly think its ridiculous anyone ‘would’ commit that much for this backpack……its not that impressive that all looking imo, and doesnt rly go with much of anything.

HOnestly though I’d just work towards it since I’m a committed wvsw player and…might as well. “if I can’t get it…..how could anyone else get it?” – was kinda the logic behind that decision. But after looking at the real cost they gave for it….its just no, thats not happening lol.

@ Stalvros below

Well if by some craziness u could only get 1 pip and spent 120 hours a week…
they’d have 6.857 hours of sleep per day. And then they’d have to spend every single second logged in playing for the entire week……for 4 straight weeks.

For the vast majority of players its gonna be a full-time job for 4 months straight….for a rather generic looking backpiece they prolly created in 2 weeks.

This is actually rather comedic move on anet’s part. I find it quite funny anyways.
Its made even funnier how happy the community seems to be by this decision! Whatever….wvw players aren’t breaking any iq records.
IN hindsight though, I should be happy just from the fact they are giving away tactics for free in limited numbers through skirmish boxes. But I’m also rather unhappy by the state of chaos the meta is in atm.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Stalvros.9217

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kFCBNmDwBcNInGJFXSRB731hccwHn28traRxevdcGN4/edit#gid=0

Assuming you’re a new player and you’re earning ONE PIP!!!!!!!!
It will take you 120 hours! OMG lol!
that’s 5 days constantly without sleep!
And that’s for 1 week! You have to do that 15 more times!
You’ll become an actual WARBRINGER by the time you get Warbringer

in WvW

Posted by: White Hunter.3416

White Hunter.3416

Keeping in mind that you’d need about a minimum of at least 2 Seasons of PvP (due to the restriction of ‘Daily League Participator’ to craft the legendary PvP Backpack ‘The Ascension’

and

A minimum of at least 38 days (due to the need of Fractal Pages which can only be obtained max 3 per day) to craft the legendary Fractal Backpack ‘Ad Infinitum’.

So…….. to sum up……
- Ad Infinitum (Legendary Fractal Backpack) = 1 month+ of game time
- The Ascension (Legendary PvP Backpack) = 2 months+ of game time (Assuming it takes 1 month+ before next season start)
(Assumption based on https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_League)
- Warbringer (Legendary WvW Backpack) = 4 months of game time

Is this about right?

Incorrect.
-Ad Infinitum = 4 weeks(4 fractal pages per day). ~1h per day for 100cm + 3 rec.
-The Ascension = 2-3 seasons. ~30-45 min per day.
-Legendary Armor = 12 weeks. 3-4h per WEEK.
-Warbringer = 16 weeks, 2-3-6h per day.
Grinding required for Warbringer is truly absurd.

in WvW

Stalvros.9217

Thank you for the correction White Hunter.
Was not aware that 100 cm gives you 1 fractal page.

Okay the correction is;
- Legendary Fractal Backpack Ad Infinitum = 1 Month ~1h per day for 100cm + 3 rec
- Legendary PvP Backpack The Ascension = 2-3 seasons. ~30-45 min per day.
- Legendary Armor = 12 weeks. ~3-4h per WEEK.
- Legendary WvW Backpack Warbringer = 16 weeks, 3-4hrs per day. (Assuming you earn an average of 5 pips per 5 minutes)

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

You actually also need a lot of Fractal Relics and Pristine Fractal Relics that will take much, much more than 1 month to acquire assuming you’re starting from nothing (even worse if you’re starting from Fractal Personal Level 1), but the point still stands that Warbringer is uncharacteristically time gated compared to the other backpacks.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

Posted by: Limodriver.4106

Limodriver.4106

u forgot for WvW there is queue to get in to play and ur side isnt getting farmed. Pve u dont need to deal with queue and out # fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Thank you for the correction White Hunter.
Was not aware that 100 cm gives you 1 fractal page.

Okay the correction is;
- Legendary Fractal Backpack Ad Infinitum = 1 Month ~1h per day for 100cm + 3 rec
- Legendary PvP Backpack The Ascension = 2-3 seasons. ~30-45 min per day.
- Legendary Armor = 12 weeks. ~3-4h per WEEK.
- Legendary WvW Backpack Warbringer = 16 weeks, 3-4hrs per day. (Assuming you earn an average of 5 pips per 5 minutes)

Well then you’d probably have to take into account working at far less than 100%. At a sluggish pace it could take what, 30 minutes just to start gaining pips? And another 1-2 hours in queue if you only play primetime. So you are probably looking at 50% effieciency, ie more like 30+ weeks in practice even if you dedicate every evening to WvW.

I usually play WvW ~2h an evening every day and this week over the 4 days of the matchup that the patch was out… I got the first silver tier before it reset back to wood. Hahahaaa… WvW is going to be hell in the foreseeable future for those that actually just want to play. Here’s hoping to people giving up at a rapid pace, or we just witnessed the death of WvW as we know it.

in WvW

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

WvW is going to be hell in the foreseeable future for those that actually just want to play. Here’s hoping to people giving up at a rapid pace, or we just witnessed the death of WvW as we know it.

From what I have seen in the last few days there was not much of WvW as we know it. It was more often like EOTM.

Maybe it goes back to (kind of) normal after most of the PVElers left WvW and some of the PVElers became new WvWlers.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I calculated it as 4.3 months based on 3000 tokens total.

The post I put my sums in has vanished, though.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Stalvros.9217

repost with the sums you previously calculated before?
(as much as you can remember?)

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Incorrect.
-Ad Infinitum = 4 weeks(4 fractal pages per day). ~1h per day for 100cm + 3 rec.
-The Ascension = 2-3 seasons. ~30-45 min per day.
-Legendary Armor = 12 weeks. 3-4h per WEEK.
-Warbringer = 16 weeks, 2-3-6h per day.
Grinding required for Warbringer is truly absurd.

Well the thing is, those other modes get regular updates.

You can tell from the absurd timeframes on the ‘wvsw items’ that this update is meant to last us a longggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
period of time before the next update. 4x as long probably. So by that logic….it makes sense.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

You need 2900 tickets to finish the legendary. Overall it will take 400-500 game hours to finish or 18weeks. Assuming you start from no wxp, by the time you finish the legendary you will be around 500-700rank.The same amount of game time it take to finish other legendaries.

A lot of players are not taking into consideration the loyal pip after 3 weeks of playing on your server and the extra pip you gain after you level to bronze/silver. If a new player only plays 10hrs a week it will take ~12weeks to hit bronze. That will reduce the amount of time you have to play wvw to get the weekly ticket limit.

The problem is that you can not do anything to speed up the process of getting the legendary with the weekly cap of 175 tickets. A-net should make diamond repeatable for ticket. Did Anet do something similar to that for spvp?

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: Fivona.5061

Fivona.5061

Crafting Warbringer is pain. Especially for new players.
I don’t understand why this one x2344652345 takes time/effort then other legbacks.
Anet ?

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

You need 2900 tickets to finish the legendary. Overall it will take 400-500 game hours to finish or 18weeks. Assuming you start from no wxp, by the time you finish the legendary you will be around 500-700rank.The same amount of game time it take to finish other legendaries.

A lot of players are not taking into consideration the loyal pip after 3 weeks of playing on your server and the extra pip you gain after you level to bronze/silver. If a new player only plays 10hrs a week it will take ~12weeks to hit bronze. That will reduce the amount of time you have to play wvw to get the weekly ticket limit.

The problem is that you can not do anything to speed up the process of getting the legendary with the weekly cap of 175 tickets. A-net should make diamond repeatable for ticket. Did Anet do something similar to that for spvp?

The cap is a good thing- it stops those that bandwaggoned and have enjoyed full servers/busy prime times and got high rank plus now have hours and hours of wonderful pips and battles clocking up wvw ranks, compared to those that stayed on their servers and struggled a lot of the time to find 3-4 other players on a map to do something with.

As for the first week, gained 25 tickets- spent most of my available time q’ing for maps then when did get in a lot of people standing afk at spawn and the ‘blob’ contained a lot of pve’rs who turn and run away from any real fight.

When we do get in, generally it’s 4 pips a tick, not the 10 a bandwagon max rank blobber gets- which is already too much of a spread and needs fixing.

I wish I had played spam 1 guard now and run around yawning in EOTM too and farmed kills in OS and bandwagoned rather than stuck to support ele so I could be getting 10 pips instead of 4 too.

My estimate for getting the legendary backpack is: never.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Stalvros.9217

2900? I thought you only need 2800?
Loyalty pip = +1 pip right?

in WvW

Ulion.5476

The cap is a good thing- it stops those that bandwaggoned and have enjoyed full servers/busy prime times and got high rank plus now have hours and hours of wonderful pips and battles clocking up wvw ranks, compared to those that stayed on their servers and struggled a lot of the time to find 3-4 other players on a map to do something with.

As for the first week, gained 25 tickets- spent most of my available time q’ing for maps then when did get in a lot of people standing afk at spawn and the ‘blob’ contained a lot of pve’rs who turn and run away from any real fight.

When we do get in, generally it’s 4 pips a tick, not the 10 a bandwagon max rank blobber gets- which is already too much of a spread and needs fixing.

I wish I had played spam 1 guard now and run around yawning in EOTM too and farmed kills in OS and bandwagoned rather than stuck to support ele so I could be getting 10 pips instead of 4 too.

My estimate for getting the legendary backpack is: never.

The problem I have is the legendary is not the only item you can get for tickets. 18weeks for the legendary and 7 weeks per set. Over a year to get all of the rewards and that IF you are max out your tickets on a weekly basis.

2900? I thought you only need 2800?
Loyalty pip = +1 pip right?

You are right still its at least 18weeks of play. Yep loyal pip is 1. You will get the loyal pip and silver rank before you finish the legendary. Both reducing the time you need each week to max out the reward track weekly. That’s above 500 hours of gameplay. The newer player have to work harder at the start to rank up to bronze/silver for pips and the older player have to wait for tickets.

Ele – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Did no one else hang on to their tourney tickets for like 4 years? I was half done with the precursor on day 1.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

repost with the sums you previously calculated before?
(as much as you can remember?)

~3000 tokens required
There are ~4 weeks in a month
700 tokens per month (175×4)
3000/4 = ~4.3 months

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Ulion.5476

Did no one else hang on to their tourney tickets for like 4 years? I was half done with the precursor on day 1.

Yea I had 450 left over would have had more but who knew A-net would do something good for wvwer. I got some of the hero weapon was planning on finishing some of that set before this happened. Still the last wvw season was horrible, but the first 2 were ok and short.

Ele – Tarnished Coast