How many times have you transferred server?

in WvW

Posted by: Wizigard.4760

Wizigard.4760

had good server recommendation and i’m still kind of content with my choice – PS

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

You mean it’s the better decision?

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in WvW

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Anet should give loyalty rewards.

This. Make WvW legendary armor tied to server loyalty. Make transferring sacrifice your progress.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Anet should give loyalty rewards.

This. Make WvW legendary armor tied to server loyalty. Make transferring sacrifice your progress.

That actually might work for bandwaggoners.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

FA→CD→FA→IOJ→BP→FA→PS→FA→Gandara→FSP→SoS →FA→BG→FA→JQ→BG→FA→BG→YB→JQ→TC→Mag

5/7 of those FA transfer were free btw

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Zero.

Even played all three beta weekends prior to launch on the server I’m on now.

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Deso -> Gandara -> FoW -> Arborstone -> GH -> SoR -> Piken

Left Deso because of all the blobs in t1 and went down a few tiers, then left Gandara around the second season (back then the queues were long, buggy and would let you through randomly.) Then went through some lower tier servers while looking for small scale action, spent a month over at NA SoR (think it started falling from t1 after I left, this was around the time they added EotM in) and finally landed on Piken. Best community by far!

Gandara > SoR (went for a vacation since my GW1 friends were all on NA servers, have yet to return) > TC

(Please make it so that you can visit NA from EU to open world, then I will stop being one of those off hours people that unbalances matches, and play EU prime in EU and still have contact with friends in NA!)

Hey I remember you from Gandara! Even bumped into you during our NA vacation!

Started game at launch on FA. A year later my “hardcore WvW” guild moved to IoJ then BP so I bought another account that was on sale to play with other friends still on FA. Then guild disbanded and I ended up with both accounts on FA, which seemed silly. Decided to use my first account to explore supposed differences between tiers and NA/EU that players related here on this forum. At the time a few friends asked me to level their alts so I ended up playing briefly on both NSP and Mag. Afterwards used it to play with a few different guilds in their GvGs before the scene completely broke up or to play WvW casually with some of the friends I made along the way. Purchased another on-sale account just to keep on an EU server but I barely play it.

First account: FA -> IoJ -> BP -> FA -> SoS -> TC (T1 tour) -> Kodash (EU tour) -> BP (T8 tour) -> YB -> SoS -> BG

Second account: FA

Third account: Kodash

So I chose both the migration and the server loyalty paths. They offered two different experiences that helped me retain interest in the game.

Out of curiosity, why did you end up picking a German server?

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Out of curiosity, why did you end up picking a German server?

Fun way to practice German.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Why transfer when one can create a free account on any open servers?

It costs 1800 gems about $22.50 to transfer to a Very Highly populated account. It might be easier to upgrade the free account when HOT is on sale for $25.

In this way, one can get extra storage space from the extra characters comes with it and jump into WvW using the level 80 booster.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level-80_Boost

Gee… What a way to make a spy who can pad any queue, huh?

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Krevra.4289

Krevra.4289

xfered bout 3 times twice on main once on alt. Anet making that money they dont care. while we trying to just find a home and guild to run with. But it wont happen till anet fixes these issues

Number Fourtyseven
Guild leader of [BMS] Better Metal Snake

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

From prelaunch till a bit into season one: Mag
the guild I was in moved to hod, I lasted around 10 days then left guild and moved back to mag

Stayed on mag until I got burnt out from trying to sustain mag in t2, ie. the great mag exodus

So our guild moved to tc and stayed until they proved they were unwilling to accept you can fight with 20 to 25 people.

Moved to ioj just as some of their guilds xfered off, this was during the time when there was 4 t2 servers and t3 got gutted. didn’t stay long.

Went back to mag to start “the hypening” pre HOT push out of the gutter and vowed to never leave my home server again.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Mag → SoR → DH

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I’ve moved around between BG, Mag and FA mostly. So maybe 10-15 transfers in total over 4 years.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

Why transfer when one can create a free account on any open servers?

It costs 1800 gems about $22.50 to transfer to a Very Highly populated account. It might be easier to upgrade the free account when HOT is on sale for $25.

In this way, one can get extra storage space from the extra characters comes with it and jump into WvW using the level 80 booster.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level-80_Boost

Gee… What a way to make a spy who can pad any queue, huh?

Being a spy or not, GW2 50% off sale is on until Nov 22nd.

http://buy.guildwars2.com/store/gw2/en_US/html/pbPage.heartofthorns

For the those who opened a free account at the Top server when it was open for a few of days, this might be a good time to convert it.

An overstacked WvW server is likely to have a overstacked Eotm color too and an overstacked side wins most of the times.

Winning is always fun.

A great time to get another account to have fun.

Winning is the reason for most players to play this game and any other games anyway.

Fire Water Air
FA

in WvW

Lord of Rings.5371

Having a second account does not abandon the original home server. This could give players more control to help home server to win.

One could spy as suggested or sabotage and one could choose which side to play when two servers meet.

Fire Water Air
FA

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Let me see: IoJ – MS – SBI – GH – Deso – PS – GH – Gandara = 7 times.
I’m still on GH though. The other day while playing on GH: “I really can’t kill anyone from Gandara.. Whoopsie.”
I wish it had only been IoJ and GH but well.. reasons.

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

Main:
Deso->piken->deso->piken>deso>blacktide(linked with ag)>soon
2nd acc:
Fsp->piken link->Blacktide(piken link)>RoS or FoW( linked with gandara, not sure about server name, transferred yesterday)
Reasons for moving:
No commanders I want to follow active on Deso or checking out other servers

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

(edited by Threather.9354)

in WvW

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

I went from a EU server to HoD, haven’t moved since (haven’t been able to play for a couple months though)

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

iv learned over time that loyalty to a server and making it work for you gives more depth to a game allows you to form better relationships and connections to engage with the game and game world. Flitting between server to search for some elusive ‘win’ defeats the whole point of mmo in my opinion. e.gh fighting for ther server you have been on for years, where you know people and the vibe versus fighting on the latest server you are on to win a thing.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

in WvW

Threather.9354

I have learnt over time that loyalty to the server is not the same as staying inbred community. You transfer to know the techs and mechs on other side of the fence. This exspecially applies to commanders: if you never experience anything new, you stop progressing.
My tip for everyone is: transfer at least once, you dont need to make any friends or take your whole guild with you, and go back to your “home” after few weeks/months with your enbroadened vision of wvw. Repeat this everytime things get too “stale” for you to enjoy, you also bring some of new knowledge to friends as souvenir. Of course joining server voice comms is requirement for this to work

in WvW

Lord of Rings.5371

My tip for everyone is: transfer at least once, you dont need to make any friends or take your whole guild with you, and go back to your “home” after few weeks/months with your enbroadened vision of wvw. Repeat this everytime things get too “stale” for you to enjoy, you also bring some of new knowledge to friends as souvenir. Of course joining server voice comms is requirement for this to work

Just make a new account when GW 2 is on sale, like right now until Nov 22nd.

In this way, one does not have to leave the home server and it saves money too because one does not have to transfer back.

Fire Water Air
FA

in WvW

Lord of Rings.5371

Also with 2 accounts, together they can do dailies twice and make 4 golds in total.

Fire Water Air
FA

in WvW

Threather.9354

Meh, who wants to actually log in to do dailies. Also you dont transfer with real life money but skip making that 1 extra legendary.
But ye I have 2 accs but I was content before with 1. Would most likely be atm as well with transfer being only 500 gems, I only use my 2nd acc sometimes.
As frequently tagging up commander, I dont run into problem of having no1 to follow/fight. Sure if youre a puggie on server with bad comms, you want 2nd acc.

in WvW

Posted by: KeyOrion.9506

KeyOrion.9506

Never. I joined Jade Quarry, because I knew it was going to have a large amount of WvW players out of the Guildwars 1 Jade Quarry. I also knew that Fort Aspenwood was going to be a large server due to the Fort Aspenwood community from GW1 also. Always knew JQ and FA was going to have a big server community.

Alas the WvW Seasons kinda made people want to be on “winning” teams, and THAT forced a population unbalance, because everyone wanted to be winners. And quite a few of the servers went to hell population wise because of it.

When I’m cute, I can be cute. But when I’m mean, I can be very very mean.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

My alt account has been on 18 EU servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Three accounts.

Main (2012): Dragonbrand → Isle of Janthir (2013) → Dragonbrand (2013) → Fort Aspenwood (2014) → Sea of Sorrows (2014) → Stormbluff Isle (2015) → Fort Aspenwood (2015)
Alt 1 (2014): Fort Aspenwood → Tarnished Coast (2015) → Dragonbrand (2016)
Alt 2 (2015): Maguuma

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

(edited by Kovu.7560)

in WvW

Posted by: bgoodwin.3428

bgoodwin.3428

Never. Born on DR staying on DR till Anet kicks me out.

in WvW

Lord of Rings.5371

This is it.

Never leave the home server to keep its community strong, but have accounts in Tier1, Tier2, and maybe other Tiers to learn and have fun.

It could be boring playing the same Tier for a long time either winning all the time or losing all the time.

This is a great time to add accounts now with 50% sale until Nov. 22nd.

Fire Water Air
FA

in WvW

Posted by: Peppel.9736

Peppel.9736

Never for WvW – I stay on WSR till the End <3

(Once – my PVE time before the megaserver came, Millers => WSR)

Tinka – Whiteside Ridge WSR - It’s a game, have fun and be kind to others
Slow-death-of-the-forgotten-Guest-server

in WvW

Posted by: Bond.4602

Bond.4602

I cant remember exactly what order I have transferred in but I have been on (from memory) -
Gunnars Hold
Ring Of Fire
Whiteside Ridge
Borlis pass
Crystal Desert
Henge of Denravi
Northern Shiverpeaks
Far Shiverpeaks
Yaks Bend
Aurora Glade
Piken Square
Seafearers Rest

Basically I started on Gunnars, loved my time there but I play at weird time zones swapping about due to other commitments. Gunnars lacked off peak so I started my search for another community. I loved Yaks but found the ping disappointing thus majorly struggled to win any duels. I am now on Piken and have finally found my second home.

My reason for moving was never that I wanted to stomp the other teams. One of the best periods was on YB playing JQ week after week and finally winning (I know there was a massive population inbalance in the end). The problem I find is each server has its own personality, no matter how much home work you do before going you never know if it will be a match for you.

Skirr
37 WvW kills, R2 PvP and no legendary

in WvW

Posted by: Falan.1839

Falan.1839

Basically twice from Miller’s Sound to Gunnar’s Hold and from Gunnar’s Hold to Gandara. Theoretically three times, I was on Deso at release but I never WvWed there because I went abroad for 4 months one week after release and when I came back my guild had already moved.

Caissech / Falásya