How would you change WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Seraph.6853

Seraph.6853

Just curious. Had some fun debates last night talking about how Megaserver (we feel) eliminated the concept of worlds (unique partitions of Guild Wars 2’s community.)

Given that, how would you change WvW? Why would anyone pick a world in the first place? Maybe Worlds factor MORE since each WvW battle gives your world boosts. Or maybe worlds matter less and WvW will turn into something more Edge of the Mist like.

What do you all think?

:dA:
http://theoryanimation.com
Guardian, Commander Serafael [REV], Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Scrap the entire mode, go back to drawing board, use all the info from past CDI’s, use a Beta test server and work out ALL bugs before release.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: tyrranis.8430

tyrranis.8430

1 HUGE map double the size of all wvwvw maps put together and whit 30-50 castles,
villages and stuff like that,maybe even triple the size.

Ronan devrari.
Gandara…

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

Hire a dev team for WvW.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

As my signature says, eliminate the concept of worlds and make it an alliance vs alliance system. Create 3 alliances. Players would choose one alliance first thing when they log-in after the system is implemented. Change alliances would cost gems, same way it costs to change worlds now. When entering in AvA, you would be put in the same instance of your guildies and friends (megaserver’s technology). Talk to your guild to see what alliance they’ll choose. Because of the instances, the battles will always be even. You will play with the people you know. There’s something to replace the server pride (the alliance).

There. Balanced amazing battles everywhere, with people you know, without queues.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: Athera.4506

Athera.4506

Hire a dev for WvW.

Fixed.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Either way and no matter how many and repetitive suggestions you give, nothing will change. All you’re doing is putting fuel on a fire that won’t burn, lol.

Don’t buy gems!!!

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

1. Get new WvW leadership. Why? While I’m sure the previous guy was nice, he didn’t have a very good vision for the game mode.
2. New commander type features. Why? It would increase the strategy level and would give smaller guilds and easier time.
3. New simple maps. By that, I mean don’t go down the direction of EotM. It looks nice, but it is a horribly balanced map with too much emphasis on NPCs. Give us maps in the spirit of the current WvW maps. Why? No one wants to play unbalanced maps and if I wanted to fight NPCs, I’d go to PvE.
4. Lower the rewards in EotM and increase them in WvW. Why? Right now EotM is a PvE karma train. It would be much better to get some of those people interested in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

I would lower the max players per map, forcing players from enormous servers to spread out amongst all the other servers to avoid queues.

‘Zerg battles are too laggy!’ Not anymore, half of both zergs can’t get on the map.

’There’s nobody on my server!’ Since everybody hates EotM too much to sit there while queued for hours on Big Server X, they transferred to your server so they can play the game.

‘Coverage Wars 2!!!111!!!’ Without a minority of the servers controlling the majority of players/guilds/timezones in the wake of forced player redistribution through lower map caps, all servers will have access to more of these diverse groups. Though there may always be coverage winners and losers, having some servers be definitive 24/7 powerhouses while others can’t field a man is beyond dumb.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

As my signature says, eliminate the concept of worlds and make it an alliance vs alliance system. Create 3 alliances. Players would choose one alliance first thing when they log-in after the system is implemented. Change alliances would cost gems, same way it costs to change worlds now. When entering in AvA, you would be put in the same instance of your guildies and friends (megaserver’s technology). Talk to your guild to see what alliance they’ll choose. Because of the instances, the battles will always be even. You will play with the people you know. There’s something to replace the server pride (the alliance).

There. Balanced amazing battles everywhere, with people you know, without queues.

You’ve clearly never tried to organize large guild missions in the new mega server system. Your idea sounds good, but it is a major pain when actually implemented. Also, a lot of us enjoy seeing the same people every day, guild or not. Your idea would kill that.

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

I would lower the max players per map, forcing players from enormous servers to spread out amongst all the other servers to avoid queues.

This is the number 1 easiest thing ANET could do today that would actually make a difference without any effort on their part but if they did it without a few other perks thrown in it might not go over very well.

EotM made it more possible and manageable (a map to go without queues for those not ready to move) and megaservers (which still need some drastic tweaking imo, PvE maps need smaller population caps during boss events and more or all cities should be server specific) made it less threatening to spread things out even more. Ideally it should be done in conjunction with a season reboot that involves some a limited time free transfers, shorter match-ups after to rebalanced the tiers faster, minor WvW map make-over to introduce more variety with the bloodlust and outmanned mechanics that also makes the NW and NE corners of the borderland maps useful along with a major commander and squad overhaul that lets the players have more control over how they want play and some sort of loot/reward incentive change (stuff unique to WvW from badges or whatever). . .

so yeah . . . all of that at once for a huge shake up ought to get things moving in the right direction. Otherwise it is just another accessory part of an MMO that is bound to get stale after several months of the same day to day. PvP can only carry a game without change if it is truly full of unexpected and unpredictable encounters but sadly that is not what WvW is right now. I pretty much know exactly what I will find going on out there and that rarely changes from day to day like it should.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Seraph.6853

Seraph.6853

Admittedly World loyalty is something I am fond of. Megaserver makes it incredibly difficult for PVE to coordinate Wurm or whatever; so we formed a large “world” guild to mitigate that. Even then, a whole bunch of us are left out of the instance (I wish we could pick instances!)

In World vs World though, we have a dedicated TS for all of us to get on and work together. We build camaraderie over time and now we coordinate very well. Losing that would be frustrating to say the least.

AvAvA could be fun. Order of Whispers vs Priory vs Vigil was suggested on this relevant reddit thread:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/271n6y/how_would_you_change_wvw_now_that_megaserver/

How would you manage having the same people every season? One large TS could do it. Some of the larger guilds have their own TeamSpeak, but Henge has a world-specific TeamSpeak that helps us out pretty well. It makes it easy to give us one place to hop on and coordinate.

I imagine a “order of whispers” TS would spin up, and we could all hop on that alliance to fight off other alliances.

But what about instances? Would we combine ALL of North America into three alliances? Oceanic and Europe too? Man that sounds like a mess!

Though AvAvA makes more sense than WvWvW as worlds are… effectively, insignificant now. Hmm. Maybe Guilds can “join” worlds? o_O

:dA:
http://theoryanimation.com
Guardian, Commander Serafael [REV], Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Gismor.8407

Gismor.8407

GvG.

#15char

[EK] Guild leader → Retired
Friend Gismor – 80 Revenant
“Always outnumbered, never outgunned.”

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

EotM without annoying karma farmers who just try to avoid fighting. Nothing beat good random 80 vs 80 PUG fight where players use their own brains and skills.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Etienne.3049

Etienne.3049

Personally I’d love to see worlds gone completely. So I suppose have people pick a colour (and probably some sub-designation within that colour (meaning for example Blue2vRed2vGreen2)) every week (or every few weeks in case of a tournament). Obviously this would need incentives to spread out (lower rewards for joining the most popular colour within a matchup would be a good start).

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

Remove the AOE Cap and WvW would instantly be awesome again.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in WvW

Posted by: jamesg.7128

jamesg.7128

Reduce EOTM rewards and increase Wvw rewards for starters, there’s too big an imbalance.
Also outnumbered needs a boost.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Better rewards outside the Seasons, less coverage wars, make zergs less OP and a better Scoring system.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

in WvW

Posted by: Silalus.8760

Silalus.8760

What would I change? Honestly, not much.

I had a fantastic time playing in well-led T1 zergs during season 2, with commanders on mumble going back and forth between moments of tactical intensity and lapses into commentary so funny I literally laughed until there were tears in my eyes. Until you’ve heard a drunk commander from the UK (important: way classier when they do it) leading a golem rush while singing an 80’s power ballad, you have not played GW2. (Certainly I hadn’t. I thought I had, but I totally hadn’t.)

I love jumping in to a quick (well, relatively quick, only 5 more minutes I promise) EotM session in the morning before work to knock out my dailies and grab some loot. It’s generally so relaxing as to almost be a meditation exercise and it starts the day off right. The occasional open field fights can be fun as anything too.

Mmm, I guess if I was going to change anything I’d go ahead and add a way in EotM to get to the commander faster. Or at least some freaking handrails. I sometimes fall off the world and have to start that long run over when I’ve got my TP listings open. Or when I’m salvaging and running at the same time- I mean seriously, doing either is like one step away from running while chewing bubblegum.

Ok ok, I’m sure some things could be better. Heck, even just making defense more interesting and rewarding would be cool (though tough to avoid AFK farming I guess). But I actually have a great time playing it just the way it is- no big complaints here. If I hated it, there are plenty of other ways I could spend my time, in GW2 or out.

in WvW

Posted by: Miroe.2054

Miroe.2054

Set a hit count threshold from when on a kill can rally you. Whole zergs rallying because of one upscaled thief dying takes me out of the immersion every time. Aside from the annoyance.

in WvW

Posted by: TaliesinRevel.5971

TaliesinRevel.5971

Coming from a server at the bottom of the wvw list I would change quite a lot. I have server loyalty which is why I am still down that list. I also like my friends and are loyal to them. I believe that is something we are losing with this megaserver. Loyalty and friendship. No matter how much we say we don’t care if we win or not… day after day.. month after month.. year after year of being stomped takes its toll. I don’t want to win that much, I just want to be able to hold our homeland.
Things I would change…
Outnumbered buff to actually buff the outnumbered. Bloodlust to go. Its a waste of time. If you have enough people to take it.. then you don’t need it. No suppressed map chat. Give us a decent reliable way to report hacking. Get rid of the npc or at least move them out of well traveled routes. I would make a forum that was of use as we all know this one is just a way for the unmentionables to keep us hostiles in their place.
I would give loot bags to defenders for staying in homeland and wxp for everything they did. I would stop the hacking, especially the hacking. There are too many things to put a name to that they are doing these days. Yeah I would hire a WvW dev team that actually gave a care. A team that responded to its player base. Gratz to all those that did well in the tourney. Gratz especially to my teammates for there was never a greater bunch of misfits in any mmo. My hat is off to you guys and I bow.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

I would tell you how, but they are watching us, so I sent you a PM instead. :P

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

1) Remake 2 of the borderlands maps so you had 4 unique terrain point scoring maps (+EOTM maps). I understand why they made all 3 borderlands the same for balance but WvW is not balanced at all. So your better going for variety instead.

2) Make the rewards better, give WvW players a way to get all top tier ascended gear via just playing WvW, not doing anything else. Give more options for spending badges of honour.

3) Put something more to fight over in the ruins, there’s little incentive to go there for fights currently, especially for zergs/big groups.

4) Make exotics you buy in WvW salvageable, sPvP has salvageable exotics so there is no longer any reason why WvW can’t have them.

5) If you are going to do a full complete new map, consider a pure waterworld map, with underwater keeps, towers, supply camps, etc… Those players who don’t like underwater maps can easily avoid it, they still have loads more options, but us water lovers can enjoy it. I know you have abandoned water combat in sPvP but that means there’s no reason to do it in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

-Redesign map and castles structure with sandbox element where guilds could select wich castle wanted to build and wich elements.

-The Mist would be an entire island continent (similiar to tyria or even an another tyeria in another dimension) with areas to conquer and control and draw ppt from its camps.

- Guild flying siege ships for air raids.

-Add a politics system for alliances to help ranks and commanders.

- Underwater Castle for those who liked to control a version of Atlantis

- Several technologies trees for guild to level up and define what kind of strategies would work better for them.

- no player limit X)

- Movable siege with new siege as the Charr Panzerz

- New values for siege and walls depending on tech evolution.

-Mist Npc with high level would be dammn hard and have new skills as giant shokwave etc.

- Add a mechanic that would allow guilds/alliances defend castle and surrounding area for several days if possible, Tresure chest spawn after 7 days with the castle with a chance of presecursor needed mats or even ascended gear.

Unfortunately gw2 is a fork of GW1 engine with some better modifications, and would not allow nothing else thanthe stale and small themepark model.

P.S: Change the Useless Grand Pavilion thing to a GvG Arenas area.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

As only account bound WEXP (and a 2nd season) has changed, still the same the last time someone asked:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/New-Things-You-d-Like-to-See-in-WvW/3624056

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

-No resurrecting the dead on any WvW map.
-EotM rewards be nerfed.
-Reward defense more.
-Superior siege should stay up way longer (it’s more expensive to build anyway).
-Keep waypoints should not be contested just because one dude hit the gate for a second, rather it needs to detect either number of people hitting on it or the amount of damage done.
-Supply deliveries should be much more sturdier/faster (Make it an upgrade option at least. Conversely defending and attacking rewards should be adjusted accordingly).

Just to name a few.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

New Maps. Bigger maps that allow for more roaming.
WvW success impacts PvE (make EVERYONE have a stake in the fight).
WvW provides better rewards both ascended gear AND realm points that give bonuses you can use in PvE too.

in WvW

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

Remove EotM from WvW for now and design it again. The map was really nice in Beta, but became a horrible Karma and Loot train. It has some pretty nice features that are mostly bound to NPC’s. In WvW you fight other people and you attack and defend objects. You don’t do that in EotM.

I have a suggestion how to make EotM better: Remove loot and karma from NPC’s. Add loot and karma to attack and defend events. Make defending much more lucrative than attacking. Kill the Karma and Loot train with this.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

SCRAP IT ALL

• Eliminate levels and traits: every 80 with free gear and upgrades
  • Make maps 10x bigger
  • Let guilds truly OWN a castle, not just a fancy banner
  • Guild vs. Guild instead of World vs. World
  • Delete EotM until you get a fix for karmatraining
  • many more changes needed based on suggestions that have been ignored for a long time
Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: beporter.9254

beporter.9254

This is a good idea. In fact I posted about how tracking player hours would highlight the disadvantage less-full worlds are at here: [Suggestion] Publishing WvW Player Hours

(edited by beporter.9254)

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Double the AE cap. Melee zergs are keeping a lot of tactics from being effective and providing too few tactics for different types of fights. Murder ball should be only one option.

Large scale fights good.
Large scale single blobs on commander bad.

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

Make a continent to battle in instead of of the small maps. Place everyone in this single large world. Allow for each guild to have a home castle. Set the matches to a month or quarter and allow for long term alliances to form between guilds. There will be early alliances and small / large forces developed off of the current guilds and servers but there will be a natural disruption because of the scale of the fight that will draw people into maybe (random number) 5 major divisions. I mean I don’t want things to go so slow that I have to raise crops and feed the army and wait for spring to fight but I would love to see something epic where you had to control deep infiltration teams ( roamers and scouts) that had made it three of four zones into enemy territory to kill reinforcements, cut off supply and report on masses of enemy at X location. Then the epic fights for a sieged location where people traveled form a entire region to fight.

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

in WvW

Posted by: Kanashi.5104

Kanashi.5104

Hire me as the new WvW dev.

Serious statements aside.

Look at crafting two new maps to replace two of the Borderlands. That way each borderland is unique and requires different strategies. Like normal, servers would rotate through these maps.

Add in more ways of contribution, perhaps smaller towns similar to the guard flags that can be captured by players. That way small groups of players can work on capturing the towns for “insert things here” when they want to do their own thing or not run with a commander.

I believe that the solo/small group side of WvW isn’t very strong. Players only zerg because that is a) most effective b) most rewarding (not personal satisfaction). Not much needs to be added, but little details and scenarios for these players to do could work wonders.

Kanashi * Iorianne * Aliza
Twitch.tv/kanashi | KanashiGD.com

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

of any ideas that want transfers still, then the whole problem of coverage while arise again and again and again.

server pride is a misnomer since people can come and go as they please, so that shouldn’t be a factor in making bigger, better WvW.

Anet did a great job on EotM BUT the players and lazy commanders turned it into what it is today (more and more people are defending tho hehhe)

EotM should only be open for people in que increase RI to 1 hour across all maps

and the regular maps need to be reworked, the maps were great at the beginning but players evolved and so should the maps (it really is to easy to cap a so called fortified objective)

an example would be yaks in the borderlands the 2 NE NW camps yaks all travel the same path to their respective gates; North Bay has a gate unused so why is it even there? the yak going to east bay should take the shortest route IMO, simple pathing tweaks would be a small step.

the one going to hills from NE camp should go the back way forcing people to escort (lotsa mobs in that path) it’s different and adds something new.

speed up those yaks or make the camps generators (upgrade?)
AND/OR
camp upgrades let’s add some walls in some of the camps
AND/OR
get rid of upgrades in towers/keeps add those awesome NPCS from Eotm that do stuff inside!

lotsa stuff could be tweaked, the scripting level seems to have gotten better in EotM
push it into the regular maps. OR

add EotM ABOVE the regular maps and have it all connected hehe

so many ideas so little time.

oh 1 last one! get rid of the stupid PvD, make the gates immune to players attacks Siege only!

Sincerly, Me.

in WvW

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

2 words.

Urban warfare.

2 more words.

Destroyable buildings.

But seriously. All this open field running around really detracts from the whole wvw experience. You end up spending 90% of your time running to and fro or waiting.

PPT also needs an overhaul. As it stands, as long as you hold the structure when the tick happens you get points. This discourages take and hold but encourages speedy zerging. It also makes upgrading defenses largely a waste of time as there is no difference in points between a t3 and a t1.
Change PPT so that a t3 is worth more than a t1. So, as an example, with existing maps Stonemist is worth only 10 to begin with but rises to 30 for a T3. This should encourage take and hold tactics rather than constant zerging.

in WvW

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

My post from the EotM CDI is below. I think its stood up well so far as a suggestion.

One interesting idea (due to changes to the trait tree) would be to have WvW (perhaps just on EotM) use the PvP ‘character’ instead of the PvE one. I’m not so sure this would work though (despite originally thinking it was a good idea); It does not fit with the original spirit of WvW – but then again, that spirit has changed drastically anyway by the players. ::shrug:: So I’m mentioning it anyway, good or ill.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I’d like to suggest a hybrid approach; Encourage spreading out by having different ‘League Tiers’ promote different play styles. This probably works best in NA’s cluster; I’ve not seen the language setup for EU (probably would need to balance based on language as well).

Bronze (bottom 6/9 servers): Red v Blue v Green, as discussed in other posts. These servers are removed from the Gliko ranking calculations; this also allows some server consolidation later on, if needed 5+ years from now. Transfers here are free or at a special reduced cost; Transfers out are normal costs today, though a free/reduced ‘first transfer’ after this change would be nice. Depending on how the Tier works (perhaps a special cluster), this would also allow EU and NA servers to compete/guest together in future.

Silver (middle 6/9 servers): WvW as we have it today. Perhaps implement overflow (only) to EB, since its usually the most populated/contested map (reduce PPT per map if implemented).

Gold (top 6/9 servers): PPT is king here, encourage and enforce it. Examples: 50-75% reduction in karma, remove Bloodlust, remove golem siege deployment, remove ability for players to attack structures (siege only), +25% MF to player loot bags, -25% MF to NPC loot. These changes should also encourage GvG play, both open field and overall map fighting.

Yes, there’s a lot of work to this kind of idea. But it gives players in most play styles something to excel at.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Scrap the entire mode, go back to drawing board, use all the info from past CDI’s, use a Beta test server and work out ALL bugs before release.

I would 1000% support this, if the player base saw this commitment I think a lot of people would com d back to GW2, take your time and make a public test server to test WvW!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Dano.5298

Dano.5298

Provide incentive like some have said for lower tier servers.

Easy things would be:

1) Increase siege timers to 2-3 maybe even 4 hours for said lower tier servers

2) Lower max players per map (as previously stated)

Harder things:

3) Make more breakout like events but for defense. This would be very tricky as I wouldn’t want it overdone but just something to make it possible for underpopulated servers to make something happen. You can imagine something like “Call for Help” which could be an upgrade for a keep that could spawn extra guards or spawn bazookas that would last a short time to help delay assaulters. Something to this effect.

4) Everyone improve their gaming and sporting spirit. Maybe all of us stop just all joining one server or one zerg and just roll over people. Maybe have the desire to play a game with parody.

Ev
[SQD]

in WvW

Posted by: Vostroyan.9214

Vostroyan.9214

First i would cancel tormanments. From what i have been hearing these days all wvw survers are havings lodes of problems and are dieing cause of it.

Second i would think they would need to remove wvw expirience from Eotm and add a new reward system of weapons and armor for each tir Bronze, Silver, Gold,..

in WvW

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

Billions times this! In beta wvw looked like a real beta map. I was kinda schocked that it was the way it would be next 2 years or so.

in WvW

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

- every class special wvw skills (engi siege mastery? etc.)
- players cant brake gates, only siege
- golems are nice in time when theres not much ppl but can really f up the game in prime time. (removal or some changes?)
- supp camps supply regen faster for faster gaming
- completely outmanned servers (especially night time rolled servers) some kind of “Call to arms” NPC elite fighters (if top tier castle u cant solo or duo it)
- sieges wont time out. Who really wants them to time out? constant tickin and watchin over them just brings unnecessarily stress to game. Whats done is done!
- Defend tower wpx. Seriously Anet, ur rewarding just makes all go blobbing. More in the blob more wpx you gain. Give defense event more wpx. Or all events to have higher rewards but its divived between players doing it (bigger the zerg, smaller the glory). I don’t know if it’s possible to do…

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

These WvW improvement threads are like crack … they are addictive but nothing good ever comes from them.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen any enterprise squander it’s potential as badly as ANet has done with WvW. It’s really very sad.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

If I could do one thing and only one thing, it would be to convert the system from Server warfare to Guild Alliance warfare.

Guilds could make guild alliances and declare war on non-allied guilds. Each week the matching algorithm would put guilds together into a pool to fight two other pooled group of guilds using guild play hours, guild play times, guild alliances, etc to balance out the match as best as possible. WvW scoreboards would highlight guild and guild alliance victories for bragging rights.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

If I could do one thing and only one thing, it would be to convert the system from Server warfare to Guild Alliance warfare.

Guilds could make guild alliances and declare war on non-allied guilds. Each week the matching algorithm would put guilds together into a pool to fight two other pooled group of guilds using guild play hours, guild play times, guild alliances, etc to balance out the match as best as possible. WvW scoreboards would highlight guild and guild alliance victories for bragging rights.

But … but … but … but . . . . . . that sounds like fun, would make a lot of sense, and take some effort from ANet. Therefore it has not a prayer of ever happening.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

(edited by Cactus.2710)

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Guild Wars in Guild Wars 2? That’s just nonsense. Server Wars is the only think that makes sense in a game called Guild Wars.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Guild Wars in Guild Wars 2? That’s just nonsense. Server Wars is the only think that makes sense in a game called Guild Wars.

Server Wars?

Sorry,. someone must have forgot to tell WvW that the war is over, all servers are united now into the new mega-server.

Stop fighting, be friendly, you are all one united nation now

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Remove the AOE Cap and WvW would instantly be awesome again.

Meanwhile you’ll die in one second from retaliation and your computer will blow up.

in WvW

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

1) Players in combat mode may not resurrect defeated allies.

2) The gates of towers, keeps, and Stonemist Castle upgraded to the “Fortify” state (T3) can not be damaged by player skills. Only siege weapons can deal damage to these gates.

3) World Score points are awarded to the server which succeeds in capturing an actively defended objective. Actively defended is defined as at least one player who belongs to the world which owns the objective having been present within the objective’s sphere of influence (the “Defend the X” event radius) at any point during the current siege; they do not have to be present at the moment of capture. Each objective awards a base amount of World Score points on capture plus additional World Score points for each completed upgrade built at the objective.

4) No World Score points are awarded to a server for capturing undefended objectives (PvDoor will award nothing).

5) No personal rewards (loot, experience, karma, etc.) are given to players for capturing undefended objectives.

6) The rewards for defeating real players are substantially increased over their current level. World Score points are also awarded for each player defeated in combat by default rather than being an award associated with the Bloodlust Buff.

7) Supply camps, towers, keeps, and Stonemist Castle no longer earn World Score points for the owning server unless upgrades are built there. The amount of World Score points earned every 15 minutes (PPT) will scale with the number of upgrades; the more upgrades built, the more PPT an objective earns.

8) For each “Defend the X” event completed at an actively defended supply camp, tower, keep, or Stonemist Castle, the owning server earns World Score points. In recognition of the fact that the defenders have the advantage, the World Score points awarded will be a fraction of what the attacker would earn on capturing the objective; a 10-to-1 ratio is suggested as a starting point.

For example, if capturing a keep with some upgrades would award 50 World Score points to the attackers, the defenders will earn 5 World Score points for each “Defend the X” event successfully concluded at the keep. This only applies while there are players belonging to the world which owns the keep actively defending it; the owning world earns nothing if there are no players defending the keep during any 3 minute “Defend the X” event.

The above shifts WvW from passive rewards (earning PPT by sitting on empty, unupgraded objectives while PvDooring) to active rewards for engaging in conflict with real players and/or making investments in one’s holdings while also addressing the issues of karma training and zerging.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Kraag’s system. Except for points per kill. They need to get rid of Bloodlust yes but not make it universal.

Having points per kill would actually discourage fighting not encourage it.

If I’m a commander and I have a pug group of 30 following me. And we run across a guild group of 20. I know full well we’re probably going to wipe.

If there are points per kill why would I engage the enemy and give them free points in addition to free bags? That would be a bad command decision.

Instead I’m going to run to an asset and tower hug it while they attack it. Thus gaining defense points for my server.

However, if there are no points per kill I’ll engage, have a great fun fight, our players will learn something, the enemy will have fun fighting not beating their head against a tower under hail of AC’s.

TLDR; Points per kill may sound good but in practice it is bad for actual fighting.

in WvW

Posted by: joe.9815

joe.9815

I would delete it and remake the idea it is too broken to fix without scraping everything