I am beyond sad.

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Used to strictly solo roam in WvW. Took a year break, came back very excited to play wvw. Not so much anymore, these maps are not the fond maps I remember, but large, vast, confusing, and very drawn out maps that offer nobody to fight in sight. Anet, what have you done? BL maps should be smaller, allows for more action. Leave the large maps to EOTM/EB.

All is Vain.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I feel ya, I got all bent outta shape too. Till I discovered gog.com. They have so many awesome games. Roaming dead, only mode I enjoy.

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

gog.com is dangerous, I’ve wasted way too many paychecks there -_-’ have a backlog the size of every change log in gw2 since release... (slightly exaggerated)

But I definitively agree that Desert BL should be a Desert BG (Battle Ground) map instead. So the size would make more sense, and there isn’t 3 copies of the same map. The WP system seems to encourage that same idea. Don’t hate the map, think it is a nice change of pace, but I also want Alpine back so I can play on whichever map I want.

The borderland’s system must die.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

gog.com is dangerous, I’ve wasted way too many paychecks there -_-’ have a backlog the size of every change log in gw2 since release… (slightly exaggerated)

But I definitively agree that Desert BL should be a Desert BG (Battle Ground) map instead. So the size would make more sense, and there isn’t 3 copies of the same map. The WP system seems to encourage that same idea. Don’t hate the map, think it is a nice change of pace, but I also want Alpine back so I can play on whichever map I want.

The borderland’s system must die.

LOL I feel ya. I bought witcher 3 and Victor Vran today. Rather give gog my money than anet. The sales this week are pretty awesome.

Putting the desert BLs in the eotm system would make more sense to me, alpine was simple and promoted more fights IMO.

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Used to strictly solo roam in WvW. Took a year break, came back very excited to play wvw. Not so much anymore, these maps are not the fond maps I remember, but large, vast, confusing, and very drawn out maps that offer nobody to fight in sight. Anet, what have you done? BL maps should be smaller, allows for more action. Leave the large maps to EOTM/EB.

All is Vain.

Ye and when you go away for another year break, we will be stuck with the maps you forced them to implement. Great forum-work from the people who won’t play the maps anyway.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

What tier are you on? I imagine the loss of roaming quality is more due to the lack of population than any inherent flaw in the maps. With the exception of north camp, the run times from corner spawns are no more than 30 seconds longer.

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

The new maps are no where near as bad as people make them out to be. Ofc at first it was a bit a shock and I wasn’t that impressed with the size or the gimmicks in it but time does help you over come it. Quite enjoying roaming now (not solo, 2-5 people)

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

The new maps are no where near as bad as people make them out to be. Ofc at first it was a bit a shock and I wasn’t that impressed with the size or the gimmicks in it but time does help you over come it. Quite enjoying roaming now (not solo, 2-5 people)

Attachments:

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

In to make this thread 80% gunnar’s.

Anyway (OT) – I think it’s still possible to make the DBLs somewhat decent, with some tweaks here and there (some large tweaks).

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

to be fair the new maps are kind of cool, in an artistic way – but the size of that map calls for a lot more players from different servers that very few can fill. I can see where the developers were going with this, for large population servers, I can see how big fights in the desert would be full of surprises and strategies. but to a smaller server it feels more like a vast pve wasteland / desert with less population.
it’s more like an open pvp town – than a strategic / competitive map. – which is what makes the 1st map so valuable to smaller servers.

I think even the pve side of things went through that too, the events are fun, but since most maps are always empty, its not what most consider casual friendly. – solo roaming is a big part of the game that suffered with hot, in both pvp and pve simply because it was designed for a much larger population.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

pff. not quite the same lol. you can ignore said guy, or you can adapt and accept the new map.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Solo roaming at the very least is absolutely dead. Roaming over all is not, just that most people are in groups of between 3 and 6, which is in part why solo roaming is dead.

The size of the new borderland, the size of the groups most people roll in, structure defenses post HoT, sentry tracking and specialization power creep have pretty much obliterated solo roaming. Unless you’re a Dare Devil or a Scrapper, you’ll just get ganked constantly and will have nothing you can at least attempt to capture because it takes forever to solo upgraded towers now.

The stubborn ones like myself still roam alone. I’ll find the odd good fight but it’s hardly worth the frustration of all the deaths I suffer in the process. It’s just unfortunate that I dislike roaming with others and that roaming is my favorite thing to do in WvW because if you’re alone you won’t live long. Seems like 90% of the time you find a good 1v1/2 more people sprout out of the ground like weeds and you just get overwhelmed or zerged.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

The so called roaming you refer to, is killing NPCs alone on deserted maps. Why not just go kill mobs in tyria or the new PvE maps? Why need WvW for that? The new maps are an incredibly poor piece of work that discourage fun. Artwork alone is not good enough for a game and this is a great example of such a failure. Sure, good work by design team but functionally these maps are utter garbage.

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Roaming in T1 on EBG is very much alive. I do it pretty much every night and have constant fights. Sure the fights often escalate into more players but that has always been the case in my experience.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

EBG is fine. All BL’s on all tiers, however, are dead.

Not uncommon for five people to take fully upgraded garri in T2.

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Solo roaming at the very least is absolutely dead. Roaming over all is not, just that most people are in groups of between 3 and 6, which is in part why solo roaming is dead.

The size of the new borderland, the size of the groups most people roll in, structure defenses post HoT, sentry tracking and specialization power creep have pretty much obliterated solo roaming. Unless you’re a Dare Devil or a Scrapper, you’ll just get ganked constantly and will have nothing you can at least attempt to capture because it takes forever to solo upgraded towers now.

The stubborn ones like myself still roam alone. I’ll find the odd good fight but it’s hardly worth the frustration of all the deaths I suffer in the process. It’s just unfortunate that I dislike roaming with others and that roaming is my favorite thing to do in WvW because if you’re alone you won’t live long. Seems like 90% of the time you find a good 1v1/2 more people sprout out of the ground like weeds and you just get overwhelmed or zerged.

While blobby roamers have been a thing, I believe that solo roamers are less common for an additional reason. That is, the game has become so pointless that the only reason some people even log in is to play with friends, hence the group roamers.

Whispers with meat.

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

gog.com is dangerous, I’ve wasted way too many paychecks there -_-’ have a backlog the size of every change log in gw2 since release… (slightly exaggerated)

My credit union will not allow any purchases to the country that gog.com is located in since they are very well known for stealing id’s. Not that gog.com does that but the country itself has major problems with ID stealing so to stop any problems they stop any payments to well known places.
I was also playing an online real time war game (based in Germany) a few years ago and went to buy coin, I had to call my credit union for them to go ahead with the payment to take the block off since it was going from US to Germany.

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Solo roaming on the BLs is pretty much all I do. Judging by the number of enemy solo roamers I run into, it’s very much alive.

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

pff. not quite the same lol. you can ignore said guy, or you can adapt and accept the new map.

It’s exactly the same except you change the person with a map. “Time helps you over come it” – You said it yourself lol

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Posted by: NekoNoKoi.9137

NekoNoKoi.9137

Why should we have to accept terrible design and mechanics? I paid for this game and for the expansion, I’d quite like my money’s worth rather than settling for something I currently hate.

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Solo roaming on the BLs is pretty much all I do. Judging by the number of enemy solo roamers I run into, it’s very much alive.

I rarely meet solo roamers if I’m on the new BLs – So yes, even though I have always been mostly on EB (except for camp capping marathons which I miss actually), the DBLs just have too much stuff that annoys me, like the barricades, like the shrines on 3 layers and around the corner and the weird camps that don’t make too much sense.

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

Lol play a different game then. I prefer the old maps just like everyone else does. But we won’t get them back so just get on with it.

Roaming on bl does work if you knock on enemy keeps, and belive it or not, real players not npcs come. if defenders come then we get fights but I agree it’s no where as busy as it use to be back in the old days.

(edited by Fat Disgrace.4275)

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Posted by: NekoNoKoi.9137

NekoNoKoi.9137

Lol play a different game then. I prefer the old maps just like everyone else does. But we won’t get them back so just get on with it.

Roaming on bl does work if you knock on enemy keeps, and belive it or not, real players not npcs come. if defenders come then we get fights but I agree it’s no where as busy as it use to be back in the old days.

“Lol play a different game then” No. That logic doesn’t work, it doesn’t get you what you want. Why would you settle for something like that when you have Anet finally asking us for advice, willing to listen to us? Asking us what we want to be done to revive WvW. That is exactly the last thing you should be saying right now.

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

On a positive note, a lot of people on the forums are requesting that the new desert BL be removed. The alpine maps were much better for roaming

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

“Lol play a different game then” No. That logic doesn’t work, it doesn’t get you what you want. Why would you settle for something like that when you have Anet finally asking us for advice, willing to listen to us? Asking us what we want to be done to revive WvW. That is exactly the last thing you should be saying right now.

Theyve been asking that question for the past 3 years, every time players get excited and take the time to write up huge essays and eventually those players realise theyre being eternally led on.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Theyve been asking that question for the past 3 years, every time players get excited and take the time to write up huge essays and eventually those players realise theyre being eternally led on.

ANet loves a good essay. Problem is they read the wrong ones.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

I am beyond sad.

in WvW

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

Hahahahahahaha… so true XD