I don't like ANet's silence about..

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Both mine and Jane’s were way off topic. You could have left them deleted, lol.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Just checked my characters, and I’m happy that I did not buy HoT.. If I really had to play that much PvE to unlock the elite-spec/traits/skills for it, then I rather not have them..

Ah! I should do that so I can catalog what each toon is at and what is needed. This is painful. :/

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Both mine and Jane’s were way off topic. You could have left them deleted, lol.

Jayne’s was funny it should stay.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Jayne’s was funny it should stay.

+1

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Gaile is my hero. <3

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Thread confused me so I went and killed bunch of dolyaks, dipped them in some quaggan sauce and mmmm they were yummie :P

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Wow a Red post, you probably should have posted on an alt account or deleted your message Gaile, who knows what the consequences will be if your colleagues find out you were slumming in the WvW forums.

in WvW

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Wow a Red post, you probably should have posted on an alt account or deleted your message Gaile, who knows what the consequences will be if your colleagues find out you were slumming in the WvW forums.

It’s not my first. Not even my first this week. Honestly, Random!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in WvW

Posted by: RapidSausage.4620

RapidSausage.4620

My apologies. I’m trying to fix this thread, after a mistaken deletion, and yet the entire thing may have disappeared.

This is a test post to see if I can resurrect the thread with a post.

Edit: Ok, I think we’re good now. It was be not perceived well to silence a post about silence. We return you to your thread, all better now.

it’s quite alright, we still love you (and ANet).
But i really find it strange how you were trickling down this critical information so slowly and so close to the launch date.

We had to find out about the total Hero Point count required and acquisition method from Colin on the 6th page of a player created post, why wasn’t this mentioned with the revenant+elite specs blog post earlier is beyond my comprehension.

It’s like taking a Picasso, cutting it into pieces, then giving us a random piece every few days so that we might someday see the whole picture, people are not left in awe and satisfaction without the whole picture.

Having said all that, it is not pretty clear what is what, and i think that the current solutions and plans sounds very good for all players and game modes.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

We had to find out about the total Hero Point count required and acquisition method from Colin on the 6th page of a player created post, why wasn’t this mentioned with the revenant+elite specs blog post earlier is beyond my comprehension.

Pretty clearly because they knew there would be a negative reaction.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: RapidSausage.4620

RapidSausage.4620

That’s my point, there wouldn’t be a negative reaction if they had disclosed all the information pertinent to obtaining the new elite specs all at once, because given all the information we have received now the process doesn’t sound bad, and in fact it fulfills ANet’s commitment to provide multiple means of acquisition of nearly everything while still encouraging people to not stick to one game mode.

Remember that masteries are account wide, and you will ever have to grind for it once, so you won’t have to start from scratch everytime you want to get an elite spec on an alt, and it’s new content so you won’t get bored anytime soon.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

That’s my point, there wouldn’t be a negative reaction if they had disclosed all the information pertinent to obtaining the new elite specs all at once, because given all the information we have received now the process doesn’t sound bad, and in fact it fulfills ANet’s commitment to provide multiple means of acquisition of nearly everything while still encouraging people to not stick to one game mode.

Remember that masteries are account wide, and you will ever have to grind for it once, so you won’t have to start from scratch everytime you want to get an elite spec on an alt, and it’s new content so you won’t get bored anytime soon.

I disagree with some of your premise here. Yes, the mastery is account wide, but it’s still 16 million xp or whatever. PvE is not fun for long periods of time(to me). PvE is boring for a large segment of players. Now I would still get through the content eventually, but that eventually would probably be a significant amount of time.

The way this works out is that if I want to play elite specs it would be far more reasonable to grind it out in PvE rather than to grind WvW ranks in EotM. Grinding ranks in EotM takes far more time than doing it in real WvW. EXCEPT, I expect large numbers of the HoT hero challenges to be locked behind masteries.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Grinding ranks in EotM takes far more time than doing it in real WvW.

I don’t think so, I’m playing wvw as my main game mode for now 2 years and just made it to platinum invader, others who I know only play wvw and that for ~3 years have low mithril ranks.
Meeting a diamond rank noob has become pretty common though.
And it can take some hours until we get an enemy keep in wvw = no real fights, no wxp for capping during that time.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Don’t you get it guy? The entire point of the PvE map is so you can obtain advantages when you WvW. Ascended gear = better WvW performance, need to craft or PvE for it.

No, you don’t get it, we who do more love WvW don’t do much of anything else.

We need our bread and butter to be inside WvW not be forced to be elsewhere while our server needs us!

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security