I'm from NA Tier 2 & it has been a bloodbath

in WvW

Posted by: wikedtik.5681

wikedtik.5681

Addressing this issues in Tier 3 and on Maguuma;

As interim server leader while Xushin is taking his vacation with Thanatos, I would first and foremost like to apologize for the actions of Maguuma. Server leader elections are coming up soon, and right now Wikedtrump and his band of followers in Why Cant I Leave Spawn [KDR] are the source of this cancer. I witness it myself, every day, them building walls upon walls of open fied siege, different every day. Superior arrow carts, trebuchets, superior catapults, this man is just made of gold. 24,187 gold in cash to be exact. Their unsportsmanlike conduct is inexcusable, all in the attempt to “Make Maguuma Great Again”, and it has to be addressed, however it is not the worst. From the troll whispers, to the mail spamming, and even to raiding on an enemy teamspeak, [DOLO] and [gggg] are the vigilante’s that run the shadows of Maguuma. They’re there when you’re sleeping, they’re there when you’re awake. They’re there whether you’ve been bad or good, so be bad for goodness sakes. Oh, they’re farming their bags, they’re selling it for gold, they’re trolly enough to even be so bold, [DOLO] and [gggg] are spamming your whispers, tonight. They see you when they’re spawn camping. They know when you leave spawn. They have scouts all over the map so you better just play along. If you would like your bags back, please contact Wikedtik.5681 directly in-game for our refund policy and procedures, and just remembers; Illegals are not welcome past the borders.

p.s., you need a IBM PC XT 4.78 mhz w/ turbo oc@ 9 mhz 650 kb windows 3.2 hayes 57k seagate 21 meg HD mda@730x360 pixels to leave spawn.

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

so you agree, a yellow wvw mini bus would do well in the black lions market. lol

thank you for all the bags your normal players left for us btw, good looking out!!

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Ricky.4706

ya, they have some of the grimiest tactics, obnoxious attitudes, and odious techniques i’ve seen in game

like it or not, whether anyone is willing to admit it or not, mag’s form of foul play brings meaning to winning a wvw match.

Enough to harass a guildmember of mine to the point of breaking her and quitting the game and MMO play in general.

Yup. Real sportsman-like these folks are.

I moved away from the T3 matchups for the sole reason the players on mag are the most disgraceful excuse for a community I’ve seen in gaming, just because of how they handle strangers. I’ve seen some things – especially having worked support for a game which legally allowed trash talk, scamming, and espionage – and even those players in an open-PK world weren’t so awful.

They don’t provide meaning for WvW. They take it way over the line to a point of creating an incentive for not playing.

Darkhaven has to adapt though, everything t3 and up is “elitist” territory, home of the band wagon’ers.

Darkhaven has outgrown the lower tiers, t3 and up is grimy – it’s not worth getting upset about – it comes with the territory.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

While this is not officially a Mags thread, the last few pages have been dominated by mags posters so;

I would like to report a mags player/s for sportsmanlike play. Yesterday I was capping south camp on Mags BL and a Dark haven Druid opened up on me ( all fine so far).

I dodged backwards through the arrow stream got to grips with the player and ended up outlasting them. Life happens. Now to the report.

All the while 1-3 mags players were standing in my 6 watching the 1 v 1 unfold.

They did not gank me, they did not emote crude things and they were possibly not even running trapper runes on their dragon hunters. What is WvW coming to when you get this sort of sportsmanlike behaviour from mags players!

If I had been fast enough I would have screen shotted the players so you could take appropriate action against them.

Please consider some retraining sessions.

And Go TC! ( thread relevance)

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

ya, they have some of the grimiest tactics, obnoxious attitudes, and odious techniques i’ve seen in game

like it or not, whether anyone is willing to admit it or not, mag’s form of foul play brings meaning to winning a wvw match.

Enough to harass a guildmember of mine to the point of breaking her and quitting the game and MMO play in general.

I moved away from the T3 matchups for the sole reason the players on mag are the most disgraceful excuse for a community I’ve seen in gaming, just because of how they handle strangers. I’ve seen some things – especially having worked support for a game which legally allowed trash talk, scamming, and espionage – and even those players in an open-PK world weren’t so awful.

They don’t provide meaning for WvW. They take it way over the line to a point of creating an incentive for not playing.

Wow, never imagined it got that out of hand. You seem like a decent person; sorry you and your guildmate had to go though that.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

there is no action being taken against it, there have been images posted of even anet employees being part of the spawn camping trends. so don’t expect them to speak up against it any time soon.

I understand what you guys are saying, what I’m trying to say, is you have to either ignore it, or just skip the weeks we play vs maguuma. You must also accept in advance that it will be that way when we face servers that are larger in population with overnight coverage also.

Otherwise, darkhaven is becoming a formidable opponent, we will be fighting often in higher tiers…….we have to find peace with it to still enjoy the game. T3 and up is elitist, grimy territory, look at the other threads going on in the forum…..asking why everyone hates x server, and all the double teaming in tier 2……magpie is t3 because there are servers even grimier than them! lol

The spirit of Darkhaven as I know it, is to have fun and fight with everything you have anyways, win or lose, fair or unfiar… ever since I’ve remembered when people left, those that stayed, adapted and fought hard…and here we are climbing the tiers again. If we stay here, we will keep moving up…..but if we try to fight these kitty politics, it won’t be a fun game.

So i’m not excusing or compromising anything, I’m just saying kittens will be kittens and I believe in darkhaven’s ability to grow beyond it. I was with the zerg that bashed the magpie blob….it was glorious.

there’s a reason we are getting so much attention, please don’t forget that guys.

if we wish to stay t3 or climb up further, we need to have that ‘gray’ area…..being ‘good’ players will only keep us spawn camped and not wanting to play.
let’s fight fire with gasoline, shall we ?

there is a strategy we have for scenarios like this, but i haven’t seen you guys do it in ages. I’ll remind you in game :p

to be honest, i was just having fun having maguuma come to our door step to fight us exclusively – the other fights i use to have to run allllll the way across the map for a fight lol. I don’t care about the score, i’m more amused at coming up with new ideas for a counter measure for this blast of sewage not found in lower tier fights!

i love maguuma very much as an adversary, i can’t think of another server i want to punch in the face as much as I do them! that’s gotta count for something! <3

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

While this is not officially a Mags thread, the last few pages have been dominated by mags posters so;

I would like to report a mags player/s for sportsmanlike play. Yesterday I was capping south camp on Mags BL and a Dark haven Druid opened up on me ( all fine so far).

I dodged backwards through the arrow stream got to grips with the player and ended up outlasting them. Life happens. Now to the report.

All the while 1-3 mags players were standing in my 6 watching the 1 v 1 unfold.

They did not gank me, they did not emote crude things and they were possibly not even running trapper runes on their dragon hunters. What is WvW coming to when you get this sort of sportsmanlike behaviour from mags players!

If I had been fast enough I would have screen shotted the players so you could take appropriate action against them.

Please consider some retraining sessions.

And Go TC! ( thread relevance)

To be fair, one of them was very nice to me. The guy even gave me 10 gold because I was nice (no joke). I figure he made a wager about me being a kitten or something and decided that I wasn’t after having talked to me. There is hope yet.

in WvW

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

I have been having a tremendous amount of fun.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Much as I sympathize, don’t think Mag cares fora second. Most (not all) pride themselves on generally being terrible human beings and will most likely quote and mock your post in game. In fact they’ll probably wear the fact that your friend quit as a badge of honor, sad as it is.

Hope your future gaming experiences against other wvw communities are more pleasant.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Ricky.4706

you guys do realize that Darkhaven doesn’t have a t3 sized population, yet we still got there right ? yall realize that maguuma had to do many months of recruiting to get their blobs stuck in t3. 1 DH zerg took out a maguuma blob, they need to do this to save face and impress their investors lol . ^.^

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

My buddy and I “blobbing” down some dh. Had to build a cata to get them to jump out of the tower, there was at least 8 if them in there trying to hit the 2 of us with siege. Best part is the 2 of us can’t build a cata without resupplying so when I ran for more sup they still sat on the wall trying to shoot my friend with siege instead of coming out to fight.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

(edited by Puck.9612)

in WvW

Posted by: godz raiden.2631

godz raiden.2631

Much as I sympathize, don’t think Mag cares fora second. Most (not all) pride themselves on generally being terrible human beings and will most likely quote and mock your post in game. In fact they’ll probably wear the fact that your friend quit as a badge of honor, sad as it is.

Hope your future gaming experiences against other wvw communities are more pleasant.

That’s some serious over exaggeration if I’ve ever seen it. Pride ourselves on being terrible human beings? Do you really think Mag players wake up in the morning, put their pants on in someway that is evil compared to the rest of you, and then plot the best way to starve children in Africa? Terrible human beings… for playing a competitive game mode. Statements like yours are why Mag players laugh at the plight that you are all complaining about. You make it so dramatic, so why should we care? It’s a game mode that revolves around killing your opponents, if your opponents outnumber you, or out skill you, it’s on you to find a way to deal with that. It’s not on Mag to change what we’re doing if it’s working. We’re winning on the scoreboard in every regard to my knowledge at the moment. If you guys think Mag blobs too hard, then recruit guilds to your server, pay them to come to you and encourage them to fight Mag’s guild groups on open field. Put up a fight in the game, instead of coming to the forum and talking about how bad it is to have your corpse jumped on. Guess what? That stuff happens. It’s happened to all of us, and it will in the future. I’ve been on five different servers, and each and every one of them, and the servers I’ve been matched with, have players that behave in “toxic” ways. Get over it. Those people exist, and you whining about it will never change it.

I doubt anywhere will remember that guy’s friend quitting the game, and that whole story says more about his friend than it does about Mag. If I got my feelings hurt enough to quit this game over a competitive game mode every time my corpse got jumped on by an enemy zerg, then I would have quit this game years ago when I started on NSP.

TL;DR: Stop being so melodramatic, just play the game your way, we’ll play the game ours.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

That’s some serious over exaggeration if I’ve ever seen it. Pride ourselves on being terrible human beings? Do you really think Mag players wake up in the morning, put their pants on in someway that is evil compared to the rest of you, and then plot the best way to starve children in Africa? Terrible human beings… for playing a competitive game mode. Statements like yours are why Mag players laugh at the plight that you are all complaining about. You make it so dramatic, so why should we care? It’s a game mode that revolves around killing your opponents, if your opponents outnumber you, or out skill you, it’s on you to find a way to deal with that. It’s not on Mag to change what we’re doing if it’s working. We’re winning on the scoreboard in every regard to my knowledge at the moment. If you guys think Mag blobs too hard, then recruit guilds to your server, pay them to come to you and encourage them to fight Mag’s guild groups on open field. Put up a fight in the game, instead of coming to the forum and talking about how bad it is to have your corpse jumped on. Guess what? That stuff happens. It’s happened to all of us, and it will in the future. I’ve been on five different servers, and each and every one of them, and the servers I’ve been matched with, have players that behave in “toxic” ways. Get over it. Those people exist, and you whining about it will never change it.

I doubt anywhere will remember that guy’s friend quitting the game, and that whole story says more about his friend than it does about Mag. If I got my feelings hurt enough to quit this game over a competitive game mode every time my corpse got jumped on by an enemy zerg, then I would have quit this game years ago when I started on NSP.

TL;DR: Stop being so melodramatic, just play the game your way, we’ll play the game ours.

I’m sorry but too many do behave like terrible human beings. Maybe they aren’t in real life, I hope so at least, but the fact remain way too many do derive pleasure in making others gaming experience miserable. Apparently, it’s there “raison d’être” in this game. Let’s call thing as they are.

Using the excuse that it is a competitive environment to behave as such is pure idiocy. We all evolve under the same game mode but are far from all behaving like several of these ppl or using such lame excuses to try and justify bullying. Heck, if at least you were paid for playing as a pro you might say you are no worse than some pro sport players but you aren’t and that wouldn’t change the fact of the behavior anyway.

TL;DR: You don’t like being labelled a bully? Stop behaving like one.

in WvW

godz raiden.2631

I’m sorry but too many do behave like terrible human beings. Maybe they aren’t in real life, I hope so at least, but the fact remain way too many do derive pleasure in making others gaming experience miserable. Apparently, it’s there “raison d’être” in this game. Let’s call thing as they are.

Using the excuse that it is a competitive environment to behave as such is pure idiocy. We all evolve under the same game mode but are far from all behaving like several of these ppl or using such lame excuses to try and justify bullying. Heck, if at least you were paid for playing as a pro you might say you are no worse than some pro sport players but you aren’t and that wouldn’t change the fact of the behavior anyway.

I think the thing that a lot of us on Mag are struggling to understand, is why you think we’re the ones making your gaming experience miserable. You are the ones who complain about being spawn camped, yet refuse to take other routes out of spawn. You’re the ones who stay as one large group hiding away in your keep, instead of breaking off into smaller sized groups and splitting Mag’s forces. If you all sit at your spawn looking at Mag players and coming out to become a loot bag on occasion, don’t be surprised when a large number of Mag players camp you. And don’t say something like “there’s another server you can attack too blah blah” because SoS has barely any players showing up at all it seems.

If you don’t have the mental fortitude to ignore players who are “terrible human beings” then I don’t know what to tell you. There’s a sense of anonymity in WvW since your enemies can’t see your actual character name too, so of course it’s going to be more toxic. Your players act that way too by the way, you just don’t see it because they don’t do it to you. If you argue that not a single player on DH has jumped on a corpse or spawn camped before, then everyone in this thread can label you a liar. You guys come in here acting like you’re high and mighty; that you’r somehow better human beings because you’re stuck in a spawn in a video game. It’s just a bit ridiculous.

TL;DR: You don’t like being labelled a doormat? Stop behaving like one.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I think the thing that a lot of us on Mag are struggling to understand, is why you think we’re the ones making your gaming experience miserable. You are the ones who complain about being spawn camped, yet refuse to take other routes out of spawn. You’re the ones who stay as one large group hiding away in your keep, instead of breaking off into smaller sized groups and splitting Mag’s forces. If you all sit at your spawn looking at Mag players and coming out to become a loot bag on occasion, don’t be surprised when a large number of Mag players camp you. And don’t say something like “there’s another server you can attack too blah blah” because SoS has barely any players showing up at all it seems.

If you don’t have the mental fortitude to ignore players who are “terrible human beings” then I don’t know what to tell you. There’s a sense of anonymity in WvW since your enemies can’t see your actual character name too, so of course it’s going to be more toxic. Your players act that way too by the way, you just don’t see it because they don’t do it to you. If you argue that not a single player on DH has jumped on a corpse or spawn camped before, then everyone in this thread can label you a liar. You guys come in here acting like you’re high and mighty; that you’r somehow better human beings because you’re stuck in a spawn in a video game. It’s just a bit ridiculous.

TL;DR: You don’t like being labelled a doormat? Stop behaving like one.

All I see are excuses. And cheap ones at that.

Personally, I no longer really care about how you lot decide to get your fun out of this game. Like you say, I do my thing, you do yours. However, if you still have the ability to place yourself in others shoes, specially newer players, it shouldn’t be too hard to get what the problem is with what motivate some of you to play and the effect it might have on some players.

Beside, even if you do have the mental fortitude to deal with the bottom of the barrel of humanity it is pretty hard to “ignore” ppl ganking you for example. You might get use to it and just run back like I’m use to since a long time ago but there is no way this experience is fun for the victim or not disruptive for the gaming experience. And then there is getting killed because your opponent want to protect his objective, witch is perfectly legitimate and understandable, and getting killed because the opponent is trying to get a reaction out of you and hope he get forum material to show his fellow trolls. For ppl with even average empathy, this is hard to “ignore”.

I wont ever say only players on Mag behave like this. It would be a monumental joke to pretend such a thing. But at the same time, sadly, Mag seem to have a pretty huge amount of these gaming psychopaths. Having spent 2 years on Mag and 1 year+ on SoR, as well as on the opposite side of the mirror like this week and the previous one, really highlight just how much different the player community is in this regard. I refer to SoR because the contrast was extreme for me. Same game, very different ppl.

The bulk of players tend to play the puck/ball on most other servers while many on Mag aim for other players legs if you will. Yes, it work to get a win but you will have to deal with ppl reacting to you aiming for their leg. Like now…

Personally, what I don’t get from you guys is the discrepancy between what you say you want and like in this game and what you factually do more often than not. Many on the server pride themselves on fights, quality over quantity, not caring about PPT and not hiding behind acs. But when we look at how you play, you kill all fighting opportunities, make sure less and less ppl want to fight you, blob like crazy, PPT like their lives depend on it and engage in cheap tactics that demonstrate 0 skill whatsoever. I’m confused. And on top of it, too many are behaving like kittenty human beings that might have been kitten on in real life and use the game to kitten back on others when they log in. Even trying to have an honest chat with many feels like pulling teeth.

You say it’s just a game, but the ones I see taking it VERY seriously are mostly on your side…

in WvW

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

You say it’s just a game, but the ones I see taking it VERY seriously are mostly on your side…

Who’s writing whimpering screeds again?

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Sorry for the spawn-camping and other (perceived) bad behavior, but Maguuma is a fight server. When there are no fights, people get bored. Boredom leads to bad behavior on any server. Maguuma is my 4th server and I’ve seen spawn-camping happen on all the others.

Look at the bright side, when Maguuma spawns you, we do it without siege. As soon as they can do it without any opposition, DH creeps out, retakes their keep, and goes back to siege-humping which is much worse behavior in wvw, imo.

Osu

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sorry for the spawn-camping and other (perceived) bad behavior, but Maguuma is a fight server. When there are no fights, people get bored. Boredom leads to bad behavior on any server. Maguuma is my 4th server and I’ve seen spawn-camping happen on all the others.

Look at the bright side, when Maguuma spawns you, we do it without siege. As soon as they can do it without any opposition, DH creeps out, retakes their keep, and goes back to siege-humping which is much worse behavior in wvw, imo.

I personally enjoy the spawn camping btw. I don’t have to go far to get fights and it’s far from the first time I’ve been on the receiving end of such ploy. However, IDK if you live in a parallel universe but in the current match-up Mag DOES use sieges when they spawn camp. Often a lot of them. DH also do not siege hump more than Mag that I know of. At least not this week nor the previous one. You also cant really blame players who want to get back their keep and defend it against superior number and coverage now can you?

I can get the “we are bored” part of your motivation but you have to ask yourself how much more boring it will get when empty maps will be all you have. Hardened payers will continue playing (although I now immediately stop fighting at spawn the second a siege drop) but a lot of our population simply no longer care to log in and our tags are rarer and rarer as the game progress… which I think you would agree doesn’t help relief boredom.

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

You have a point you want to express or you simply mistook this forum for “the other one”?

in WvW

godz raiden.2631

Personally, I no longer really care about how you lot decide to get your fun out of this game. Like you say, I do my thing, you do yours. However, if you still have the ability to place yourself in others shoes, specially newer players, it shouldn’t be too hard to get what the problem is with what motivate some of you to play and the effect it might have on some players.

Beside, even if you do have the mental fortitude to deal with the bottom of the barrel of humanity it is pretty hard to “ignore” ppl ganking you for example. You might get use to it and just run back like I’m use to since a long time ago but there is no way this experience is fun for the victim or not disruptive for the gaming experience. And then there is getting killed because your opponent want to protect his objective, witch is perfectly legitimate and understandable, and getting killed because the opponent is trying to get a reaction out of you and hope he get forum material to show his fellow trolls. For ppl with even average empathy, this is hard to “ignore”.

I wont ever say only players on Mag behave like this. It would be a monumental joke to pretend such a thing. But at the same time, sadly, Mag seem to have a pretty huge amount of these gaming psychopaths. Having spent 2 years on Mag and 1 year+ on SoR, as well as on the opposite side of the mirror like this week and the previous one, really highlight just how much different the player community is in this regard. I refer to SoR because the contrast was extreme for me. Same game, very different ppl.

The bulk of players tend to play the puck/ball on most other servers while many on Mag aim for other players legs if you will. Yes, it work to get a win but you will have to deal with ppl reacting to you aiming for their leg. Like now…

Personally, what I don’t get from you guys is the discrepancy between what you say you want and like in this game and what you factually do more often than not. Many on the server pride themselves on fights, quality over quantity, not caring about PPT and not hiding behind acs. But when we look at how you play, you kill all fighting opportunities, make sure less and less ppl want to fight you, blob like crazy, PPT like their lives depend on it and engage in cheap tactics that demonstrate 0 skill whatsoever. I’m confused. And on top of it, too many are behaving like kittenty human beings that might have been kitten on in real life and use the game to kitten back on others when they log in. Even trying to have an honest chat with many feels like pulling teeth.

Yes, you don’t care about what we do, you know except for caring enough to write paragraphs complaining about how Mag is playing. But you don’t care. I don’t have to have empathy for the situation DH is currently in as I’ve been in that situation personally. If I was tired of being spawn camped I left from a different exit. What I did not do was whine on a forum, or quit the game.

Really? Comparing players who gank in WvW to the bottom barrel of humanity? TIL Maguuma is filled with violent criminals in real life? If it’s not fun for you to get killed over and over and have to run back, then I suggest ummm… not dying. Seriously. That’s blunt, I know, but if you don’t get killed, you don’t have to respawn. According to you getting killed while trying to run to your zerg is some sort of cardinal sin. How dare people gank you! How dare they kill you when you’re not assaulting an objective or defending one! The sandbox that is WvW has rules! Oh wait… not really. I can’t speak for every player on Mag, but personally I don’t kill people on your server just to get troll material. I’ve never posted a youtube clip or anything like that. If I kill you, it’s because I wanted to fight you, and you lost, not because I dislike you and think you deserve to suffer in some capacity. I know for a fact, though, that yes, there are people, on every server, that will record their WvW experiences and will not shy away from using that material to mock those who cry about getting killed by them. Welcome to the internet.

Yeah, yeah, Mag has a comparative advantage on mean players. Sure. If that’s true, as you believe, then I can hypothesize that DH must have a comparative advantage on unskilled players, or maybe masochists since they like getting farmed at their spawn so much.

I’m not really sure how your sports analogy works in this case, since there are rules in sports, and there aren’t really rules in WvW. It’s a sandbox player vs player game mode. There are no gear restrictions, and everything available to the player your fighting is available to you, including the strategies being used. If you’re getting trebbed in your spawn, well guess what, you can do the same to your opponent! You may have to break out of spawn first, but you can do it too. You may get hit below the waist sometimes, but you can do the same right back. Refusing to fight your opponents because you hold yourself to some sort of moral superiority, in a video game o all things, is just silly, and it’s an excuse. The worst excuses. “I’m better than you at being a human, so I shouldn’t have to deal with being killed near my spawn.” Yeah… ok.

You talk about this discrepancy between what you see Mag players do, and what we claim to want. Fun fact: Not every guild on Mag is a fight guild! I know, hard to believe, because the most outspoken Mag players are usually part of guilds that claim to be looking for fights. There are actually pugmanders and even some guilds on Mag that PPT! Weird, I know, that a server like Mag, filled with mean spirited folks, such as myself, has a more diverse WvW player community than you claim it does, but sorry, it does. I guess we “PPT like our lives depend on it,” if you consider defending an enemy keep PPT tryharding. I guess we could just let you take your keep back on EBG, and then let you siege it up, and then fight your zergs in treb fire all night, which is what happens when your guilds do come out to play. I’m not hating on you for that though, it makes sense. If we’re at your doorstep, it makes sense for you to fight there. It makes sense for us to fight there too, because we want those fights. If we happen to own your keep, and you’re only fighting at spawn, we’ll be there too. Deal with it.

And yes, we take it so seriously! So seriously that we come on a forum and label anyone who is beating us up at our spawn as psychopaths incapable of empathy. Oh wait, that’s you. That’s you being that over dramatic and serious. That’s what taking a game too serious is. You’re the one labeling others are morally deficient human beings, simply because they kill you outside of your spawn.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

(edited by godz raiden.2631)

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Yes, you don’t care about what we do, you know except for caring enough to write paragraphs complaining about how Mag is playing. But you don’t care. I don’t have to have empathy for the situation DH is currently in as I’ve been in that situation personally. If I was tired of being spawn camped I left from a different exit. What I did not do was whine on a forum, or quit the game.

Really? Comparing players who gank in WvW to the bottom barrel of humanity? TIL Maguuma is filled with violent criminals in real life? If it’s not fun for you to get killed over and over and have to run back, then I suggest ummm… not dying. Seriously. That’s blunt, I know, but if you don’t get killed, you don’t have to respawn. According to you getting killed while trying to run to your zerg is some sort of cardinal sin. How dare people gank you! How dare you when you’re not assaulting an objective or defending one! The sandbox that is WvW has rules! Oh wait… not really. I can’t speak for every player on Mag, but personally I don’t kill people on your server just to get troll material. I’ve never posted a youtube clip or anything like that. If I kill you, it’s because I wanted to fight you, and you lost, not because I dislike you and think you deserve to suffer in some capacity. I know for a fact, though, that yes, there are people, on every server, that will record their WvW experiences and will not shy away from using that material to mock those who cry about getting killed by them. Welcome to the internet.

Yeah, yeah, Mag has a comparative advantage on mean players. Sure. If that’s true, as you believe, then I can hypothesize that DH must have a comparative advantage on unskilled players, or maybe masochists since they like getting farmed at their spawn so much.

I’m not really sure how your sports analogy works in this case, since there are rules in sports, and there aren’t really rules in WvW. It’s a sandbox player vs player game mode. There are no gear restrictions, and everything available to the player your fighting is available to you, including the strategies being used. If you’re getting trebbed in your spawn, well guess what, you can do the same to your opponent! You may have to break out of spawn first, but you can do it too. You may get hit below the waist sometimes, but you can do the same right back. Refusing to fight your opponents because you hold yourself to some sort of moral superiority, in a video game o all things, is just silly, and it’s an excuse. The worst excuses. “I’m better than you at being a human, so I shouldn’t have to deal with being killed near my spawn.” Yeah… ok.

You talk about this discrepancy between what you see Mag players do, and what we claim to want. Fun fact: Not every guild on Mag is a fight guild! I know, hard to believe, because the most outspoken Mag players are usually part of guilds that claim to be looking for fights. There are actually pugmanders and even some guilds on Mag that PPT! Weird, I know, that a server like Mag, filled with mean spirited folks, such as myself, has a more diverse WvW player community than you claim it does, but sorry, it does. I guess we “PPT like our lives depend on it,” if you consider defending an enemy keep PPT tryharding. I guess we could just let you take your keep back on EBG, and then let you siege it up, and then fight your zergs in treb fire all night, which is what happens when your guilds do come out to play. I’m not hating on you for that though, it makes sense. If we’re at your doorstep, it makes sense for you to fight there. It makes sense for us to fight there too, because we want those fights. If we happen to own your keep, and you’re only fighting at spawn, we’ll be there too. Deal with it.

And yes, we take it so seriously! So seriously that we come on a forum and label anyone who is beating us up at our spawn as psychopaths incapable of empathy. Oh wait, that’s you. That’s you being that over dramatic and serious. That’s what taking a game too serious is. You’re the one labeling others are morally deficient human beings, simply because they kill you outside of your spawn.

I suppose it was to be expected. Read again what is said as opposed to what you say was said and when you can avoid using cheap logical fallacies I’ll continue the discussion.

in WvW

Puck.9612

Without siege? WITHOUT SIEGE? lol I am sorry. I had to laugh at that one. I guess all the balis, trebs, and catas you guys have had buzzing over top of our spawning area were just my and many other people’s imagination. You guys really do live in your own fantasy land. Just…… wow.

I’ve joined in on the bag farm more than a few times the past couple weeks and the only time I saw Mag players build siege was to take out the multiple ac’s, bali’s and trebs you all build right next yo your legendary defenders.

It’s very possible the siege you are seeing was built for that reason and just ended up remaining there since you all can’t seem to push out far enough to take it out. Once the siege is built some rando pug is going to jump on and start using it, there’s no stopping that.

in WvW

Puck.9612

Ummm… I always play the Puck.

in WvW

godz raiden.2631

I suppose it was to be expected. Read again what is said as opposed to what you say was said and when you can avoid using cheap logical fallacies I’ll continue the discussion.

Oh sweet, the best logical fallacy of all, the fallacy fallacy! Good work using a fallacy to call my fallacies without actually pointing out my fallacies!

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Without siege? WITHOUT SIEGE? lol I am sorry. I had to laugh at that one. I guess all the balis, trebs, and catas you guys have had buzzing over top of our spawning area were just my and many other people’s imagination. You guys really do live in your own fantasy land. Just…… wow.

I’ve joined in on the bag farm more than a few times the past couple weeks and the only time I saw Mag players build siege was to take out the multiple ac’s, bali’s and trebs you all build right next yo your legendary defenders.

It’s very possible the siege you are seeing was built for that reason and just ended up remaining there since you all can’t seem to push out far enough to take it out. Once the siege is built some rando pug is going to jump on and start using it, there’s no stopping that.

I can assure you, you often were the first to drop sieges and in any event FAR from limiting yourself at disarming us. VERY far.

It is your right to do so and we can easily avoid it. The problem was never with anybody spawn camping or even siege spawn camping as far as I’m concerned despite some ppl really insisting the problem being there no matter what they are told. It’s not. It never was.

My problem, like I say above, lies with the discrepancy I perceive between what is said and allude from your side and what is factually done in the game. I had hopes for a fun week when I saw my old server on the list and was sorely disappointed to see the apparent goal of Mag was to ruin not only PPT but also fights for all. Take a F2p account and come see things from the other side. Might surprise you. The interaction with other players also is, shall we say, mediocre compared to most any I had to fight against.

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Oh sweet, the best logical fallacy of all, the fallacy fallacy! Good work using a fallacy to call my fallacies without actually pointing out my fallacies!

What am I supposed to do?

All I’m asking is for you to answer to what I said rather than what you say I said. If it’s too much just don’t but don’t expect me to put any more efforts in replying.

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Ummm… I always play the Puck.

Touche.

in WvW

godz raiden.2631

All I’m asking is for you to answer to what I said rather than what you say I said. If it’s too much just don’t but don’t expect me to put any more efforts in replying.

Do you mind specifically pointing out where I put words I your mouth?

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

in WvW

Puck.9612

I can assure you, you often were the first to drop sieges and in any event FAR from limiting yourself at disarming us. VERY far.

It is your right to do so and we can easily avoid it. The problem was never with anybody spawn camping or even siege spawn camping as far as I’m concerned despite some ppl really insisting the problem being there no matter what they are told. It’s not. It never was.

My problem, like I say above, lies with the discrepancy I perceive between what is said and allude from your side and what is factually done in the game. I had hopes for a fun week when I saw my old server on the list and was sorely disappointed to see the apparent goal of Mag was to ruin not only PPT but also fights for all. Take a F2p account and come see things from the other side. Might surprise you. The interaction with other players also is, shall we say, mediocre compared to most any I had to fight against.

Go look in the video I posted and see it from our side. There were 2 of us standing at a tower, jumping, beckoning, trying to get the 8 people inside to come out and play.
They built siege and started shooting at us…..
We had zero interest in the tower but we had to open it to get a fight. They see us building a cata and they turn their treb all the way around from firing at the keep and try shooting us with it. It wasn’t until the wall was about 75% that they jumped out and focused our cata instead of trying to fight us properly.
After we killed them and opened the wall they didn’t even attempt to come back and fight us in lords.

This is what we’ve been seeing the entire match. Big groups (8 compared to 2 is still big) sitting on siege, refusing to fight outside of siege range.
The only time they even fight to defend a structure once we’ve broken down a wall is if they already have the multiple keep trebs firing on us. Any other time they just bail out the back and go to pull a yaks bend in the next tower.

Our options are to cap all your crap and spawn camp you or watch you all sit on trebs all day, and keep our SM wp contested. Guess which option is a lot more entertaining for us?

in WvW

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

You have a point you want to express or you simply mistook this forum for “the other one”?

What was unclear? You seem really upset by behavior that occurs – without fail – across the entire PvP genre. It seems odd to accuse the side expressing bafflement at all the whining about commonplace occurrences of taking the situation more seriously. Trolls taking kitten seriously? That’s new.

Also, perhaps trot on over to that “other one” if you think anything over here is similar to what transpires over there. Pretty radical difference, friend.

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Do you mind specifically pointing out where I put words I your mouth?

I will give a few no more:

Comparing players who gank in WvW to the bottom barrel of humanity?

I didn’t do that. The act of ganking, among many other, was not my target. The motive behind was. Ganking to remove a foe and protect your assets is one thing. Doing the same to illicit a reaction is quite another matter.

According to you getting killed while trying to run to your zerg is some sort of cardinal sin”.

I never said or allude anything like that (specially not while running to any zerg). I also made a distinction about the motivation behind the killing. One I clearly say I have no problem with (I qualify it of legitimate), the other leaving me perplexed. Yet, you decided to wrap it up like that? No thank you.

“_I’m better than you at being a human, so I shouldn’t have to deal with being killed near my spawn._”

That isn’t what I said nor implied at any moment. This is how you perceived my reply but not what it meant. I’ve said repeatedly that my problem was having big difficulties understanding the apparent contradiction between what many say is important for them in the game and what they did. If I had a problem with getting killed I’d have quit the game a long time ago or at least stop solo roaming on a backline build and accepting duel.

Also, if you are a PPT guild and not one priding itself with any of what I discuss why do you feel targeted by what I said when I took the precaution to use words like “some”, “many” but never “all”? If you do all this for ppt than honestly kuddos to you because it works. You should not feel touched by what i say. If however your inner goal is to make others gaming experience miserable… The means can be the same but the motives drastically different and it shows in the game whether you want it or not. Now it’s up to you to see if the hat fits…

But all that being said, trying to excuse all behaviors on the back of competition or because you can is just sad. That there are laws or not is trivial on the matter. There are tons of things that are not acceptable despite being out of the reach of the law.

(this might or not be of interest to you or anyone really and is not meant as an insult: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Kohlberg%27s_stages_of_moral_development)

(edited by Sirbeaumerdier.3740)

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Go look in the video I posted and see it from our side. There were 2 of us standing at a tower, jumping, beckoning, trying to get the 8 people inside to come out and play.
We had zero interest in the tower but we had to open it to get a fight. They see us building a cata and they turn their treb all the way around from firing at the keep and try shooting us with it. It wasn’t until the wall was about 75% that they jumped out and focused our cata instead of trying to fight us properly.
After we killed them and opened the wall they didn’t even attempt to come back and fight us in lords.

This is what we’ve been seeing the entire match. Big groups (8 compared to 2 is still big) sitting on siege, refusing to fight outside of siege range.
The only time they even fight to defend a structure once we’ve broken down a wall is if they already have the multiple keep trebs firing on us. Any other time they just bail out the back and go to pull a yaks bend in the next tower.

Our options are to cap all your crap and spawn camp you or watch you all sit on trebs all day, and keep our SM wp contested. Guess which option is a lot more entertaining for us?

An anecdote really? Is this suppose to have any inferential power? I experiment the same from the opposite side, what is your point and how does it change anything said previously? Nobody said Mag ONLY blob or only spawn camp or ONLY whatever. We simply see too many doing it a lot.

Also, if all you see is what you describe plz take a f2p account and join us. IDK what more to say.

(edited by Sirbeaumerdier.3740)

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

What was unclear? You seem really upset by behavior that occurs – without fail – across the entire PvP genre. It seems odd to accuse the side expressing bafflement at all the whining about commonplace occurrences of taking the situation more seriously. Trolls taking kitten seriously? That’s new.

Also, perhaps trot on over to that “other one” if you think anything over here is similar to what transpires over there. Pretty radical difference, friend.

Yes, the ingame behavior of many pvp players can upset me. Why does it bother you? If I understand you correctly, and feel free to correct me on this, when something is commonplace it’s ok?

in WvW

godz raiden.2631

I didn’t do that. The act of ganking, among many other, was not my target. The motive behind was. Ganking to remove a foe and protect your assets is one thing. Doing the same to illicit a reaction is quite another matter.

According to you getting killed while trying to run to your zerg is some sort of cardinal sin”.

I never said or allude anything like that (specially not while running to any zerg). I also made a distinction about the motivation behind the killing. One I clearly say I have no problem with (I qualify it of legitimate), the other leaving me perplexed. Yet, you decided to wrap it up like that? No thank you.

“_I’m better than you at being a human, so I shouldn’t have to deal with being killed near my spawn._”

That isn’t what I said nor implied at any moment. This is how you perceived my reply but not what it meant. I’ve said repeatedly that my problem was having big difficulties understanding the apparent contradiction between what many say is important for them in the game and what they did. If I had a problem with getting killed I’d have quit the game a long time ago or at least stop solo roaming on a backline build and accepting duel.

Also, if you are a PPT guild and not one priding itself with any of what I discuss why do you feel targeted by what I said when I took the precaution to use words like “some”, “many” but never “all”? If you do all this for ppt than honestly kuddos to you because it works. You should not feel touched by what i say. If however your inner goal is to make others gaming experience miserable… The means can be the same but the motives drastically different and it shows in the game whether you want it or not. Now it’s up to you to see if the hat fits…

But all that being said, trying to excuse all behaviors on the back of competition or because you can is just sad. That there are laws or not is trivial on the matter. There are tons of things that are not acceptable despite being out of the reach of the law.

(this might or not be of interest to you or anyone really and is not meant as an insult: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Kohlberg%27s_stages_of_moral_development)

1) So you now possess the omnipotence required to understand when players are and are not ganking an enemy player for moral or immoral reasons, those cases of morality of course determined by your opinion on the matter. You paint all of Mag under a broad brush stroke of some type of immorality because a vocal minority of us happen to post silly stupid trolly videos that mock you.

2) First of all, a big part of “ganking” is killing players who are alone, or in small groups, running to a larger group. I made an assumption about what you were implying, to be fair, but that is a valid assumption as that is part of the ganking playstyle. You did state, “You might get use to it and just run back like I’m use to since a long time ago but there is no way this experience is fun for the victim or not disruptive for the gaming experience,” in reference to ganking. When I’m out roaming, it is quite common that I “gank” people who are running back to their zerg which is attacking an objective. Fun Fact: I agree, being on the receiving end of this isn’t fun. It also shouldn’t be.

3) You didn’t imply that you aren’t somehow morally superior than Mag players? You continuously bring up the topic of empathy, even going to far as to compare Mag style of ganking to those at the “bottom of the barrel of humanity” to try create a point of some sort. At this point, you’re just pretending to be humble while coming across as some self-righteous, holier-than-though preacher.

4) Who’s making assumptions now? Never did I say I was part of a PPT guild, nor did I say I was part of a fight guild. I’m a roamer. Want to know why I argue with you, even though you don’t say “all” Mag players are bad people? Because what you’re saying is suggesting that even those who aren’t busy spawn camping you, or jumping on your corpses, are somehow implicit in the matter. You paint with a broad brush, there’s no denying that, and if you do, I suggest you look at other players from Mag who have posted here in response to you. They may or may not be part of whatever sleight against you that you’ve perceived, yet they feel prideful enough of Maguuma to come here and defend the server and make a mockery of your statements. If I came on here and said “Well not all, but most DH are just walking loot bags who all keyboard turn and don’t know right from left,” I’m sure a fair number of you would take the time to respond. It’s called empathy, remember that word? I can understand how other Mag players must feel being painted as inferior to a server we’re currently beating the living crap out of.

5) I don’t feel “touched” by what you say. I feel like you have no idea that you’re playing a video game. You’re playing a game mode that is all about encountering enemies and killing them, or dying while you try to accomplish that goal. Once again, you mention motives, as if you have a lens that lets you see into the mind of Mag players. But you possess no such omnipotence. You’re just some random guy on a multiplayer video game, bitter that his server is on the receiving end of perceived immoral behavior in a video game where not such morality exists.

Fine, I’ll stop excusing this behavior on the back of competition, and blame it on the lack of competition. Sit in your spawn every day for however many weeks you’re stuck in a matchup with Maguuma. I don’t care. That’s your choice. It has nothing to do with Mag players lacing empathy, or mocking you, or jumping on your corpses. It has everything to do with your lack of competitive spirit. Some of you have it, most of you don’t. And for the love of rationality, stop bringing of morality in your arguments, this is a video game, this isn’t a Middle Eastern village that is trying to decide if it’s alright to marry off 13 year old girls to 50 year old men.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Ogre.3124

Ogre.3124

Really? Comparing players who gank in WvW to the bottom barrel of humanity? TIL Maguuma is filled with violent criminals in real life? If it’s not fun for you to get killed over and over and have to run back, then I suggest ummm… not dying. Seriously. That’s blunt, I know, but if you don’t get killed, you don’t have to respawn. According to you getting killed while trying to run to your zerg is some sort of cardinal sin. How dare people gank you! How dare they kill you when you’re not assaulting an objective or defending one! The sandbox that is WvW has rules! Oh wait… not really. I can’t speak for every player on Mag, but personally I don’t kill people on your server just to get troll material. I’ve never posted a youtube clip or anything like that. If I kill you, it’s because I wanted to fight you, and you lost, not because I dislike you and think you deserve to suffer in some capacity. I know for a fact, though, that yes, there are people, on every server, that will record their WvW experiences and will not shy away from using that material to mock those who cry about getting killed by them. Welcome to the internet.

#MagSwag

Maguuma

(edited by Ogre.3124)

in WvW

godz raiden.2631

Yes, the ingame behavior of many pvp players can upset me. Why does it bother you? If I understand you correctly, and feel free to correct me on this, when something is commonplace it’s ok?

I don’t want to put words in Xev’s mouth, but I highly doubt he believes something is alright just because it’s commonplace. But that has nothing to do with this, as morality is not in question here. Stop acting as though it is. You look ridiculous and as though you put your gaming experience on equal ground as reality. This game is not real life. Grievances you have in the game, will not impact your well-being, unless for some reason you have a mental disorder that makes you believe me jumping on your corpse is somehow affecting you outside of the game.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

(edited by godz raiden.2631)

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

1) So you now possess the omnipotence required to understand when players are and are not ganking an enemy player for moral or immoral reasons, those cases of morality of course determined by your opinion on the matter. You paint all of Mag under a broad brush stroke of some type of immorality because a vocal minority of us happen to post silly stupid trolly videos that mock you.

2) First of all, a big part of “ganking” is killing players who are alone, or in small groups, running to a larger group. I made an assumption about what you were implying, to be fair, but that is a valid assumption as that is part of the ganking playstyle. You did state, “You might get use to it and just run back like I’m use to since a long time ago but there is no way this experience is fun for the victim or not disruptive for the gaming experience,” in reference to ganking. When I’m out roaming, it is quite common that I “gank” people who are running back to their zerg which is attacking an objective. Fun Fact: I agree, being on the receiving end of this isn’t fun. It also shouldn’t be.

3) You didn’t imply that you aren’t somehow morally superior than Mag players? You continuously bring up the topic of empathy, even going to far as to compare Mag style of ganking to those at the “bottom of the barrel of humanity” to try create a point of some sort. At this point, you’re just pretending to be humble while coming across as some self-righteous, holier-than-though preacher.

4) Who’s making assumptions now? Never did I say I was part of a PPT guild, nor did I say I was part of a fight guild. I’m a roamer. Want to know why I argue with you, even though you don’t say “all” Mag players are bad people? Because what you’re saying is suggesting that even those who aren’t busy spawn camping you, or jumping on your corpses, are somehow implicit in the matter. You paint with a broad brush, there’s no denying that, and if you do, I suggest you look at other players from Mag who have posted here in response to you. They may or may not be part of whatever sleight against you that you’ve perceived, yet they feel prideful enough of Maguuma to come here and defend the server and make a mockery of your statements. If I came on here and said “Well not all, but most DH are just walking loot bags who all keyboard turn and don’t know right from left,” I’m sure a fair number of you would take the time to respond. It’s called empathy, remember that word? I can understand how other Mag players must feel being painted as inferior to a server we’re currently beating the living crap out of.

5) I don’t feel “touched” by what you say. I feel like you have no idea that you’re playing a video game. You’re playing a game mode that is all about encountering enemies and killing them, or dying while you try to accomplish that goal. Once again, you mention motives, as if you have a lens that lets you see into the mind of Mag players. But you possess no such omnipotence. You’re just some random guy on a multiplayer video game, bitter that his server is on the receiving end of perceived immoral behavior in a video game where not such morality exists.

Fine, I’ll stop excusing this behavior on the back of competition, and blame it on the lack of competition. Sit in your spawn every day for however many weeks you’re stuck in a matchup with Maguuma. I don’t care. That’s your choice. It has nothing to do with Mag players lacing empathy, or mocking you, or jumping on your corpses. It has everything to do with your lack of competitive spirit. Some of you have it, most of you don’t. And for the love of rationality, stop bringing of morality in your arguments, this is a video game, this isn’t a Middle Eastern village that is trying to decide if it’s alright to marry off 13 year old girls to 50 year old men.

Well, I tried. Have a nice day.

in WvW

godz raiden.2631

Well, I tried. Have a nice day.

Yeah, you tried. But just as the average DH tries to reach the gate of their keep, you failed. Keep thinking you’re morally superior to me. I’ll keep playing a video game and having my fun. Come cap Maguuma’s keep on EBG and camp us, I don’t care. Jump on my corpse if you kill me, I don’t care. Post about it all over every forum you can find, I don’t care. I’ll keep coming out to fight, and I won’t come to this forum and try to argue that your behavior is somehow immoral, because I’m not a buffoon. If you don’t like it here in T3 with us, tank yourself back to T4 and send us some new toys to play with. Or keep acting like a doormat up here, I don’t care.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

in WvW

Puck.9612

An anecdote really? Is this suppose to have any inferential power? I experiment the same from the opposite side, what is your point and how does it change anything said previously? Nobody said Mag ONLY blob or only spawn camp or ONLY whatever. We simply see too many doing it a lot.

Also, if all you see is what you describe plz take a f2p account and join us. IDK what more to say.

Not really an anecdote when there’s a video to back it up…

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Not really an anecdote when there’s a video to back it up…

How is it still not an anecdote because it’s a vid? It’s like you want to say there is no blob by showing 1 instance where there are none. As if it remove all the instances where there are.

This is akin to showing Gwendoline Christie as a “proof” men are not taller than women. Yes, THAT particular woman is taller than the average man. Does her existence invalidate the trend that men are taller/heavier? Not even close. This is the same use of a singular element supposedly representative of anything more than itself. It’s not.

in WvW

Arius.7031

That’s some serious over exaggeration if I’ve ever seen it. Pride ourselves on being terrible human beings? Do you really think Mag players wake up in the morning, put their pants on in someway that is evil compared to the rest of you, and then plot the best way to starve children in Africa?

Yes I do think pretty much exactly that. You managed to capture my mental image of the situation perfectly. Put your pants on like a good person for once pls.

Terrible human beings… for playing a competitive game mode.

I didn’t say everyone on Mag are terrible human beings. I didn’t say everyone who plays a competitive game mode is a terrible human being. I play WvW too, but I don’t accuse myself of being a terrible human being (though I sure could be a lot better, to be fair). This is a gross misrepresentation of my point. My issue is with how you act based on playing the competitive gamemode, not that you play it.

Statements like yours are why Mag players laugh at the plight that you are all complaining about.

Don’t care.

You make it so dramatic, so why should we care?

Because regardless of how dramatic I make things, making the world a less happy place for more people for the sole purpose that you get off on it is… terrible… and since you’re a human being… that makes you a terrible human being?

It’s a game mode that revolves around killing your opponents, if your opponents outnumber you, or out skill you, it’s on you to find a way to deal with that. It’s not on Mag to change what we’re doing if it’s working. We’re winning on the scoreboard in every regard to my knowledge at the moment. If you guys think Mag blobs too hard, then recruit guilds to your server, pay them to come to you and encourage them to fight Mag’s guild groups on open field. Put up a fight in the game, instead of coming to the forum and talking about how bad it is to have your corpse jumped on. Guess what? That stuff happens. It’s happened to all of us, and it will in the future. I’ve been on five different servers, and each and every one of them, and the servers I’ve been matched with, have players that behave in “toxic” ways. Get over it. Those people exist, and you whining about it will never change it.

I haven’t complained about a single thing you’ve mentioned here. In fact my complaints more revolve around intentionally punishing an entire server for a few pugs using siege (something Mag players have BOASTED ABOUT in this very thread). Heavy verbal abuse (to a point that is not healthy even on the internet). Constantly dragging your kdr all over everyone else’s faces and intentionally trying to make them feel bad about it. Constant insults to all of your opponents—not in the game of getting fights—but in the name of “because I can”. No respect, no decency, of any kind. Mind you, I don’t really care because I don’t really play.

The fact that your server corpse jumps, siege buries, laugh/sit spams a dozen times more than servers twice your size is simply more indicative of the fact that Maguuma is a troll server.

I doubt you’re correct and I don’t care what it says about his friend. Being abnormally sensitive is a personal issue that I won’t judge a person on (in fact my sympathies go out to the person). Acting like a terrible person on the other hand…

This rationale is toddler levels of absurd. “By all means live life the way you want, I’ll live life the way I want” the guy shooting an innocent woman says to Mother Theresa. Before you go accusing me of being melodramatic again, analogies are such that they’re inherently NOT the exact same as what they’re drawing analogy to. As such I am in no way saying you’re equivalent to murderers or everyone else is Mother Theresa, only that the logic of what you’re saying is equal to the logic of what the murderer is saying.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Arius.7031

Yes and spouses cheating on each other occurs – without fail – across the entire enterprise of Marriage. Stupid women/men should have knew that it was possible and so not been upset by it at all.

Mag logic.

Inb4 I’m accused of being melodramatic for an analogy being more severe than the thing it’s drawing parallels with. Again, that’s standard Mag logic for ya.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: wikedtik.5681

wikedtik.5681

That line is known as The Great Wall of Maguuma, and no illegals are past it. Those sieges do not hit near your spawn, and give plenty of room for open field spawn camping. The trebuchets are only used to destroy your arrowcarts and ballistas you plant on your ledge.

in WvW

Arius.7031

I don’t want to put words in Xev’s mouth, but I highly doubt he believes something is alright just because it’s commonplace. But that has nothing to do with this, as morality is not in question here. Stop acting as though it is. You look ridiculous and as though you put your gaming experience on equal ground as reality. This game is not real life. Grievances you have in the game, will not impact your well-being, unless for some reason you have a mental disorder that makes you believe me jumping on your corpse is somehow affecting you outside of the game.

Morality does not cease existing because you’re in a video game. If you verbally abused a clinically depressed person to his face or online it’d still be bad or wrong (basic technical difference but I doubt you understand it without googling it anyways so shouldn’t pose any issue to the discussion). The guy who just got home from a 12 hour shift and is trying to have duels that you just interrupted, then corpse jumped, then siege buried, then mailed salty messages to is a human being too. It really is sad if you act that way just because it amuses you, and yes it is wrong even if you’re not physically breaking his arm.

IoW, if you try to upset people for no good reason in a video game, you’re being a sucky person. If you try to upset people at work for no good reason, you’re being a sucky person. Sucky behavior doesn’t stop being sucky because you’re not face to face. This is a simple concept that only a MagcusBad player would fail to understand, but alas, the educational system of insert your country here is not what it used to be.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

godz raiden.2631

@ Arius

So you think that because a few people on Maguuma act mean towards you that you are justified in generalizing that most people on Maguuma are just as mean spirited as those select few? That’s absurd.

“Because regardless of how dramatic I make things, making the world a less happy place for more people for the sole purpose that you get off on it is… terrible… and since you’re a human being… that makes you a terrible human being?”

Wow. That’s… hilarious. You think being killed a couple times in a video game, in a game mode that is all about killing your enemies, makes the world a less happy place for you and your server mates? Dude, you take the cake on drama. If this game affects you that much, I suggest you stop playing. Seriously. It’s not worth fretting over this much and in this manner.

Just because some Mag players have boasted about punishing your server for your pugs using siege, does not mean every Mag player on the server is spawn camping you for the same reason. I’ve already told you why you’re really getting spawn camped. It’s because that’s where you are. If most of your players are in your spawn trying to get out of the front gate, most of our players are going to be at your spawn killing you, unless you go and do something somewhere else on the map. That’s not punishment, that’s how player vs player works. Step 1) Go to where enemies are located. Step 2) Fight them.

Once again, I’m forced to reiterate that Maguuma is far from the only server that has players that corpse jump, siege shame, spam emotes, etc. That argument does not work. Stop using a complaint that makes you look thin skinned; no one pities you.

You’re being abnormally sensitive is a personal issue. So keep it to yourself and stop projecting your emotions into a video game. I am not a terrible person for telling you to cease with the dramatic accusations of poor sportmanship. I’m trying to help you if anything. You claim you don’t even really play, and that you don’t really care. Everyone here knows you’re lying. You might not play, but for some reason you care, and you care too much for some who doesn’t play.

You and Sirbeaumerdier are just the pinnacles of morality aren’t you? Equating my comments of “hey you play how you want to play, and I’ll play how I want to play” to saying that I think it’s alright for would-be murderers to do whatever they please because everyone can just do whatever they want. That statement is the true absurdity here, and anybody with a rational thought in their brain can see that. I realize the point of analogies, and you need to realize analogies fail when there is no place for an analogy to be made. This is a video game. Throwing siege on a dead enemy is not analogous, in anyway, shape or form, to a man shooting an innocent woman. The fact that you finished that line if ridiculous thinking with “the logic of what you’re saying is equal to the logic of what the murderer is saying.” just shows you have a fundamental inability to separates a virtual world from reality.

But please, tell me how I’m a bad person some more. Tell every Maguuma player how awful they are. I’m sure none of us have ever donated blood, or donated to a charity. I personally enjoy slamming doors in the faces of children. Jumping on corpses in a video game, and slamming doors in children’s faces. That’s me!

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

in WvW

godz raiden.2631

Morality does not cease existing because you’re in a video game. If you verbally abused a clinically depressed person to his face or online it’d still be bad or wrong (basic technical difference but I doubt you understand it without googling it anyways so shouldn’t pose any issue to the discussion). The guy who just got home from a 12 hour shift and is trying to have duels that you just interrupted, then corpse jumped, then siege buried, then mailed salty messages to is a human being too. It really is sad if you act that way just because it amuses you, and yes it is wrong even if you’re not physically breaking his arm.

IoW, if you try to upset people for no good reason in a video game, you’re being a sucky person. If you try to upset people at work for no good reason, you’re being a sucky person. Sucky behavior doesn’t stop being sucky because you’re not face to face. This is a simple concept that only a MagcusBad player would fail to understand, but alas, the educational system of insert your country here is not what it used to be.

Nor should morality cease existing in a video game, yet the anonymity of the internet encourages people to push the boundaries of morality, and that’s just the way it is right now. Got a problem with people making fun of you? The internet is definitely not going to be a safe space for you. If you need positive reinforcement, I suggest staying away from multiplayer games, or muting and reporting people that do harass you.

How am I supposed to know that the person who laugh spammed me from a tower who I ended up killing a few moments later, and then maybe jumped on their corpse once, is clinically depressed? I personally don’t interrupt duels, and I know many players on Mag who don’t, but to those people who do, and then proceed to siege shame and what not, that’s just part of the game. It happens. WvW is a sandbox PvP game mode, it was not designed for duels. Find a better place to have them next time, or just brush it off and try again. You don’t have develop some superiority complex over it and think “They only did that because they’re morally bankrupt and I’m a better person.” Maybe that person who interrupted your duel just got home from a funeral for a loved one and doesn’t really care about the rules anymore. I can play that game too, making up hypothetical scenarios to justify my argument. It doesn’t make it any better, and it doesn’t make yours any better either, so stop.

I agree with you to some extent, that if your goal is to simply make people angry on a video game, that does make you sucky, but it doesn’t make you a sucky person. A person is not defined by what they do on a video game. According to the implication of your logic, if I donated all of my money cancer research charities, gave a kid a kidney, and volunteered at a soup kitchen every week, but then acted a little immature in a video game that encourages me to kill enemies, that I’m a sucky person? See, here’s the problem with all of your arguments: You’re narrowing down every Mag player to only their GW2 WvW actions and making sweeping assumptions about their character based on those assumptions.

But maybe you’re right. Maybe only Maguuma deserves to be singled out for corpse jumping, spawn camping, siege shaming, and whispering salty messages. I know I’ve never witnessed any of that stuff on any other server!

Just kidding, you all do it too. Or you would if you could even make it out of spawn. You need to realize that just because someone acts foolish in a video game, does not give YOU the right to demean them to a terrible person analogous to a murderer. Although I guess within the context of this game Maguuma does look a lot like kitten Germany, what with the genocide forced upon DH the past week. (That’s called a joke, please don’t get kitten about it, pleeeeeaaaase).

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

in WvW

Arius.7031

@ Arius

So you think that because a few people on Maguuma act mean towards you that you are justified in generalizing that most people on Maguuma are just as mean spirited as those select few? That’s absurd.

Where did I say few? A disproportionately large amount, enough to be reasonably taken to be significant. That’s how I’d phrase it.

Wow. That’s… hilarious. You think being killed a couple times in a video game, in a game mode that is all about killing your enemies, makes the world a less happy place for you and your server mates? Dude, you take the cake on drama. If this game affects you that much, I suggest you stop playing. Seriously. It’s not worth fretting over this much and in this manner.

Nobody is complaining about being killed? Are you reading what I’m saying? Being killed doesn’t make most people unhappy. Being constantly disrespected generally does though. I like how you misrepresent my position then base your entire paragraph’s point on that misrepresentation, mocking me when in fact you’re just showing your reading comprehension fails.

Also I don’t really play so it’s hard to stop.

Just because some Mag players have boasted about punishing your server for your pugs using siege, does not mean every Mag player on the server is spawn camping you for the same reason

And where did I say every one was? What does what every Mag does matter? I’m not saying every Mag is bad/rude/terrible.

I’ve already told you why you’re really getting spawn camped. It’s because that’s where you are.

And that’s where we are because you keep us there. Do you really not think Dh would retake our keep if we had a decent chance and enough people present to do it?

If most of your players are in your spawn trying to get out of the front gate, most of our players are going to be at your spawn killing you, unless you go and do something somewhere else on the map. That’s not punishment, that’s how player vs player works. Step 1) Go to where enemies are located. Step 2) Fight them.

Sure but why should I take your word over the other Mag who says it’s punishment for our pugs using siege? Or say it’s because you enjoy fighting us because SoS is dead? Or say it’s because you want to make us angry? Or say it’s because you enjoy the salt messages you get? I’m getting mixed signals from Mag, so why should I be taking your word for it when the overwhelming majority opt for alternative answers to your own.

Once again, I’m forced to reiterate that Maguuma is far from the only server that has players that corpse jump, siege shame, spam emotes, etc. That argument does not work. Stop using a complaint that makes you look thin skinned; no one pities you.

Dragonbrand is far from the only server with SEA.
Yak’s Bend is far from the only server with siege.
Northern Shiverpeaks is far from the only server with cannon sitters.
USA is far from the only place with guns.
Detroit is far from the only place with poverty issues.
Russia is far from the only place where Russians wrote literature.

Just because other servers have people who occasionally do what you do, doesn’t mean you don’t do it more. My issue is with how relatively frequent you do it, not the base fact that some of you do it.

You’re being abnormally sensitive is a personal issue. So keep it to yourself and stop projecting your emotions into a video game. I am not a terrible person for telling you to cease with the dramatic accusations of poor sportmanship. I’m trying to help you if anything. You claim you don’t even really play, and that you don’t really care. Everyone here knows you’re lying. You might not play, but for some reason you care, and you care too much for some who doesn’t play.

You being abnormally bothered by my posts is a personal issue, so keep it to yourself and stop projecting your opinions onto the forums.

Also I never accused you specifically of being a terrible person, you seem like an alright sort. Clearly your critical thinking skills are lacking, but at least you try. More than the average Baguuman could say.

You and Sirbeaumerdier are just the pinnacles of morality aren’t you?

No? We’re normal people who have developed normal moral senses that tell us when something is good/bad or right/wrong. Neither of us are reporting you to the police, claiming we’re going to heaven and you’re not, or telling you we’re better people than you. We’re just saying that your server—more frequently than others—acts in a disgraceful manner. That’s not acting morally superior, that’s pointing out an observation for a good reason.

Equating my comments of “hey you play how you want to play, and I’ll play how I want to play” to saying that I think it’s alright for would-be murderers to do whatever they please because everyone can just do whatever they want. That statement is the true absurdity here, and anybody with a rational thought in their brain can see that.

You say it’s absurd, but you don’t even try to show how. Again, typical Mag behavior, you’re confronted with a line of reasoning you’re not properly equipped to rebut or refute and so turn to “lol it’s just not true mmkay”.

I didn’t equate them, I drew a parallel in reasoning between them using an analogy.

I realize the point of analogies, and you need to realize analogies fail when there is no place for an analogy to be made.

Show how mine did then.

This is a video game. Throwing siege on a dead enemy is not analogous, in anyway, shape or form, to a man shooting an innocent woman.

The analogous aspect is that you’re intentionally doing something negative to a person without adequate justification (and to be clear, I’m only talking about when folks are disrespectful for no good reason). One is more severe than the other, granted, but severity is completely irrelevant to analogies. It is analogous by definition, and can’t help but be analogous, and no amount of denial on your part will change that.

The fact that you finished that line if ridiculous thinking with “the logic of what you’re saying is equal to the logic of what the murderer is saying.” just shows you have a fundamental inability to separates a virtual world from reality.

Again, more assertions with no evidence/reasoning to back it up. “You’re wrong because I SAY YOU’RE WRONG” is basically what your entire post can be summarized as.

But please, tell me how I’m a bad person some more. Tell every Maguuma player how awful they are. I’m sure none of us have ever donated blood, or donated to a charity. I personally enjoy slamming doors in the faces of children. Jumping on corpses in a video game, and slamming doors in children’s faces. That’s me!

I never told you that you specifically were a bad person. The closest thing might be that at some point I used the word “you” to save myself from typing “Maguuma” (I don’t even know that I did this, just that I sometimes do this because I’m lazy), but none of my accusations were directed at you specifically because I haven’t seen you do anything bad. You’re wrong, not bad (until I have reason to believe you’re bad, guilty til proven innocent type of deal there).

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Puck.9612

I’ve gotten more salty whispers this match up than I have in months. For some reason people seem to be very offended to be killed in a PvP game, and no I don’t throw siege or corpse jump (unless I recognize them and they have done it to me or a friend).
I will occasionally give a shrug when I have a couple people die while failing to gank me or a much larger group jumps me and loses.

in WvW

Puck.9612

And that’s where we are because you keep us there. Do you really not think Dh would retake our keep if we had a decent chance and enough people present to do it?

I honestly don’t know. Yesterday you all had trebbed open the outer and inner walls from your adjacent towers and your blob ran up to the gate and started ramming it….
Mag probably had equal or possibly even more numbers at the time but they weren’t anywhere near your keep. At your keep was maybe 4 or 5 GGGG (who I’ve seen decimating groups of DH 3 times their size) and a couple other pugs.
With the numbers you had, especially with all the people bunkered in the towers, you should have easily been able to take it but apparently your server sucks more than most at communicating?

in WvW

Arius.7031

I honestly don’t know. Yesterday you all had trebbed open the outer and inner walls from your adjacent towers and your blob ran up to the gate and started ramming it….
Mag probably had equal or possibly even more numbers at the time but they weren’t anywhere near your keep. At your keep was maybe 4 or 5 GGGG (who I’ve seen decimating groups of DH 3 times their size) and a couple other pugs.
With the numbers you had, especially with all the people bunkered in the towers, you should have easily been able to take it but apparently your server sucks more than most at communicating?

We suck more than most at most things. That’s what happens when your server receives a massive influx of transfers from t8-6. They’re still getting used to how things work higher up, and game fatgiue caused most of our fight guilds to quit which caused the few we had left to leave. Believe me, if MEAN/TAG/MR/VOID/XOXO were still around, Dh would be in a lot better shape fights-wise right now. But like dominoes, they fell.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]