Incoming: WvW Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

However, there will be smaller rewards doled out along the way, and even if you don’t participate in WvW, you could be on the receiving end of some goodies if your server does well.

Anet, WHY would you add something as stupid as this??? This is just another reason for PVE carebears to populate winning servers and do absolutely nothing for it.

Wouldn’t it be nice if we all got rewards for what the PvE players are doing?

in WvW

Posted by: Auron.9812

Auron.9812

I hope that :
1) Rewards are WvW strictly ( sieges,badges, liquid wxp, commander icon etc)
2) Devs are aware of what happened last time they encouraged server transfer : SFR became unplayable , half of the guild left it and as far as i know don’t even play the game anymore, and the server, even with 4 hours queue in the morning, managed to lose for 6 weeks straight against opponents withless than half our numbers.

Most of all i think it’s important that having new players join wvw ( good) will not became a burden for all the wvw community if not nicely organized from the devs, and some reassurances about this would be greatly appreciated

in WvW

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

This was second stream, and second disappointment. I was expecting, something other, but, yeah. AN is still strong at punching players face.

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I’m in a league of my own.

Its called the Platinum Awesome League.
You’re all welcome to join me, once you have solo’d Stonemist of course.

In the Super Platinum Awesome League we use more guys to get the job done in a fraction of the time.

It’s just smarter gameplay.

in WvW

Posted by: Moloch.8013

Moloch.8013

from massively http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/08/31/pax-prime-2013-guild-wars-2-prepares-to-blow-your-mind-all-o/

However, there will be smaller rewards doled out along the way, and even if you don’t participate in WvW, you could be on the receiving end of some goodies if your server does well.

so wvwvw players do all the work and pve players that don’t set foot in wvwvw can take rewards… WHAT?!
so why i can’t take rewards form dragon boss killings while i’m in wvwvw?
lol
this is madness

edit:

Anet, WHY would you add something as stupid as this??? This is just another reason for PVE carebears to populate winning servers and do absolutely nothing for it.

just noticed your posts guys…
i know that feeling bro * hugs *

Namtar Hakimi – Leoni Bianchi [Lion]

(edited by Moloch.8013)

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Typical

I don’t think we will ever see the day where I am battling in Eternal and a pop up on the screen displays saying “Your server has slain the Risen Priest of Balthazar!” With a nice little reward.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

This is just Anet mollycoddling PVE’rs yet again. Every WvW update is intended to indirectly keep the carebears happy.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Moloch.8013

Moloch.8013

are you scared of wvwvw? don’t worry we also have a reward for you for not joining it!

Namtar Hakimi – Leoni Bianchi [Lion]

in WvW

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

Life is unfair

~~Ayeres~~

in WvW

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Life is unfair

Anet can’t control the unfairness of life. They can, however, control the fairness of their game. They just choose to disregard it.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Why do they need 7 weeks to decide the victor? Just take one week and whatever server has the most players online, on average, gets the rewards. That way the PvE care bears who are going to be rewarded by this (lol) can get their rewards even more quick.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I am a resident of Piken Square and unfortunetly, we’re totally screwed. If we end up in the top league – this week we’re only facing #1 and #2 in the rankings – we have nowhere near the coverage to actually win and the worse we loose, the less players are interested in joining WvW. If we end up in the middle league, we will quickly advance to the top league because in contrast the middle ranked usually dont stand a chance. Even worse is staying there and faceroll every week by having no interesting opposition, while all the kiddies flood WvW for easy points.

Hm, guess ANET really doesnt like us playing just for fun, now it has to be a contest for loot as well.

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

I am a resident of Piken Square and unfortunetly, we’re totally screwed.

You’re not alone.

I’m on SFR, and the whole community is scared and hell.
You may ask, why?

Last time (march, addition of WXP) Anet opened free transfers (or pushed them in any way), our server really went on the edge of collapse due to people bandwagoning kitten SFR, risking to crumble. I know that sounds strange – how can you have problems if you get more players – but that’s how SFR is structured. The main strenght are guilds, if too many people gets in the way guilds can’t play, get bored, leave. And perfomance nosedive.

We really spent like…3 months only to recover and restore the internal balance. Latest 2 months proved that the server is back up again, playing consistently in T1/2 (random rolls) and last week we pulled off the victory on top of the ladder. And this match we’re close 2nd atm.

Another round of transfers, driven by the bandwagon “Want to win easy want to get rewards let’s go to best ranked EU (non FR/DE i mean) server” due to leagues, could really be a killer for the server.

That’s why people here are extremely worried.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

(edited by AndrewSX.3794)