Infinite queues thanks to achievements

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Thanks to the season achievements the queues are infinite. Signed up first second and waiting over 2 hours now and not even on a T1 Server. Please no achievements for season 2.
When I came to this server it was only high populated, with cheap transfers it went to very high…

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

By the time we have season 2 we’ll have the new overflow map.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in WvW

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Thanks to the season achievements the queues are infinite. Signed up first second and waiting over 2 hours now and not even on a T1 Server. Please no achievements for season 2.
When I came to this server it was only high populated, with cheap transfers it went to very high…

You could go to a low population server. And considering your not on a T1 server, if you are in NA, I would say you are either on SBI or TC. One of those is almost a tier one server, and the other is a massive bandwagon….

The queue is not long on maguuma, and we are rank 6. SOS, FA, and so on, do not have long queues either.

First world problems.

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

Wont help unless you can constribute to your servers score on them.

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

queues should be based on WvW rating, the higher rank you are.. the faster you get into wvw ( when in a queue)

Now I am waitin 2.5 hours, while other people say to me.. 2.5 hour? took me just 30 minutes to get in..

So that’s way to much RNG, I hope Anet will look into this.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in WvW

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

queues should be based on WvW rating, the higher rank you are.. the faster you get into wvw ( when in a queue)

Oh the elitist mumbo jumbo that would start. I can already taste the salty tears.

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Well then bad luck.. I know there is a new map coming that will address this problem, but still..

Why can someone get in after 30 minutes in the same map, while I need to wait 2.5 hour +?

That’s weird

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

How do you know the queues are caused by achievement hunters and not by WvW’ers who want to play a match-up that suddenly counts?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

You could go to a low population server. And considering your not on a T1 server, if you are in NA, I would say you are either on SBI or TC. One of those is almost a tier one server, and the other is a massive bandwagon….

The queue is not long on maguuma, and we are rank 6. SOS, FA, and so on, do not have long queues either.

First world problems.

Given that NA leagues haven’t launched yet, I would say he’s on EU. Just a hunch tho.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

How do you know the queues are caused by achievement hunters and not by WvW’ers who want to play a match-up that suddenly counts?

Because there are countless players who do all living story achievements as fast as possible. I got 14.5k achievement points myself (I spread my playtime 50:50 pve / pvp) so I know all kind of different players.

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

~4 hours waiting now. And I am not the only one. Like 40% of the people in the TS channel are waiting in queue since second 1.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I’d quote myself from three weeks ago ….. Instead I’ll just link this from Sept. 29:

I’d just like to make a note of one thing that I think people aren’t considering when they transfer to stacked worlds. You will not, repeat will not, be able to receive the reward based on overall world place in the league, unless you achieve the meta achievement for the season. If you aren’t able to get into WvW much, you won’t get the rewards. So it is absolutely taking a risk to transfer to a world that has a large WvW population.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I’d quote myself from three weeks ago ….. Instead I’ll just link this from Sept. 29:

I’d just like to make a note of one thing that I think people aren’t considering when they transfer to stacked worlds. You will not, repeat will not, be able to receive the reward based on overall world place in the league, unless you achieve the meta achievement for the season. If you aren’t able to get into WvW much, you won’t get the rewards. So it is absolutely taking a risk to transfer to a world that has a large WvW population.

Yep. Good post from Devon. For those who stole guilds from lower tiers or who stacked to T1 — just deserts.

in WvW

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

2 hours of queue + 2s of permanent lag.

nice job.

Tons of pve trash in wvw just because of achivements.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

I just realized Devon saying “stacked worlds” OMG he actually acknowladged that we have a problem, that’s one small step for Devon and One big step for WvW.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in WvW

Posted by: Yippikayay.4073

Yippikayay.4073

four and a half hours and counting. are we on a queue or playing roulette? ppl log in and get in zone in 10 minutes flat, after me.

in WvW

Posted by: BlackRain.9537

BlackRain.9537

Listen they are adding rewards in WvW, achievements.. chests….to make it more rewarding for people that don’t get out of WvW and don’t enjoy PvE … It’s not their fault that there’s achievement people join in… it’s just something that should be added a long time ago… once they get the AP.. they will go.. simple.

Brodd Junior

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Now I am waitin 2.5 hours, while other people say to me.. 2.5 hour? took me just 30 minutes to get in..

So that’s way to much RNG, I hope Anet will look into this.

Should be totally opposite. The higher the rank, the longer the wait. Oh, that is how it is working already. Problem solved.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

1) You don’t HAVE to play on reset night
2) There are 24 hours in a day
3) There are 7 days in a week
4) The league lasts 7 weeks

Stop complaining. If you’re not prepared to wait in queue then that’s your problem.

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

I see many WvW regulars leaving instead of waiting on queues. And once all the PVe players have their achievements WvW will be a ghost town till reset. Repeat.

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

hey, look on the bright side, the sm walls in T1 will always be fully repaired. -tries hard to keep a serious face-

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

The sad thing here is that there is no distinction made between opportunistic serial transferers and server natives. Let’s face it, they kittened themselves into a corner by allowing transfers in the first place and this problem isn’t about to unkitten itself.

I remember them talking about how the game was a party and how everyone was invited. How they didn’t want queues like all those other nasty MMOs on the market. Oh how quickly things change.

in WvW

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

U posted 4 hours ago and league hadn’t started yet ….

I just hoped in bl a few hours ago without any queue ….

Blackgate

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Wait till reset.

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

Reset hasn’t happened for NA yet. Get with the program skippy.

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

EU Servers have reset before NA

in WvW

Posted by: kenny blankenship.6354

kenny blankenship.6354

ANET need to be taken over by the government and a drug free environment instituted. Can you picture them in their break room laughing at us as we wait for hours the get in? The que was bad enough on reset night and now this….

in WvW

Posted by: kenny blankenship.6354

kenny blankenship.6354

hey ANET.. my billable rate is $150 per hour. since you have wasted two hours of my time you owe me 300 bucks. I’ll take my payment in gems … The bill will be in the mail tomorrow.

in WvW

Posted by: TimInOsaka.1094

TimInOsaka.1094

hey ANET.. my billable rate is $150 per hour. since you have wasted two hours of my time you owe me 300 bucks. I’ll take my payment in gems … The bill will be in the mail tomorrow.

Wow! I didnt know McDonald’s paid that much. Burger flipping sure has turned prosperous!

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Stop complaining. If you’re not prepared to wait in queue then that’s your problem.

You don’t get it!

As the saying goes, “each time is your time”

Has nothing to do with-

In other word, TIME is Fixed,

Your TIME Isn’t!

You Deserve the Right to question, why Your Time was taken advantage of?

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Heres one for u guys. Right now we have a queue in eternal battlegrounds. Yet we also have the outnumbered buff. That make sense to anybody?

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Because it’s day 1. This won’t be a problem two weeks let alone in four or five weeks.

This is a temporary problem. Once people start getting their achievement points they will stop playing.

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

I hope players will enjoy wvw more; so it will get proper attention. ;3

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Anet didn’t force you to stare at your computer screen twiddling your thumbs for 2 hours…that was the stupid choice that you made.

in WvW

Posted by: Genophix.3098

Genophix.3098

Logic and common sense.. we are not ready for your big magic!