Injustice in Season 1

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

No. 1st place should get nothing. The honour of coming top is reward enough.

The best rewards should go to the bottom teams, to boost them!

Also:
Reward-hungry people would transfer to low servers who need people, leaving the top ranking servers and freeing up the queue.

Since Underworld lost over 10 WvW guilds that went for rewards and now there is a great pain in doing anything in WvW (that unfortunately ANet doesn’t really want to address in population balancing thread ) this should go live as soon as possible.

Basically as I see it as offending for me that best servers get exclusive rewards just because many people transfered in there for those rewards. Rewards in seasons should be flat so people won’t migrate for them.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

I can’t comment at this time as we haven’t finalized anything. In addition, you should look at it this way, if people flee lower league servers to get into the top leagues, it opens the opportunity for people to move to those lower leagues and finish 1st or 2nd, rather than being in the top league and finishing 6th or 7th. The rewards for finishing 2nd in the Bronze League will be markedly better than the rewards for finishing 6th in the Gold league.

The funny part being he believes people aren’t all going to stack into gold league winner. Why flee to a lower league when I can flee to a higher league that’s going to have 100% coverage all the time and guaranteed wins as a result. (especially when you consider there won’t be queues to get in anymore with the temp maps)

Someone didn’t think this through.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

(edited by Protoavis.9107)

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Fade.6725

Fade.6725

I like these ideas, borrowed from the other threads.

1. Give winning server players 1 free transfer, usable until the start of the next season and.

2. Give the server the prize pool, and give each player with a key a share of the pool, So for example. BG: 1000G, split among 10k players, Mag, 850g, split among 300 players. (Totally made up numbers)

Right so BG the winning server gets kitten all money for each person but Mag Get kitten tons of money for each person?

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

I can’t comment at this time as we haven’t finalized anything. In addition, you should look at it this way, if people flee lower league servers to get into the top leagues, it opens the opportunity for people to move to those lower leagues and finish 1st or 2nd, rather than being in the top league and finishing 6th or 7th. The rewards for finishing 2nd in the Bronze League will be markedly better than the rewards for finishing 6th in the Gold league.

I don’t believe it to work – especially after over 10 WvW guilds left underworld for silver league or golden league predicted winner.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Ash.9463

Ash.9463

Also:
Reward-hungry people would transfer to low servers who need people, leaving the top ranking servers and freeing up the queue.

I lol’d IRL. Man, you made my day.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: McSlappy.1372

McSlappy.1372

The server transfer issues have been there since day one. Started from release with Titan Alliance. We won 30 of the first WvW pairups in a row before disbanding on Henge of Denravi. There were constant tons of players bandwagoning to our server so we left. This cause HoD to plummet to if not the bottom dang near close because most of the skilled players left leaving all the unskilled bandwagoning masses there to forge for themselves. Yup they sucked and it showed.

A significant portion of TA went to Blackgate. I don’t know how many are actually still here stopped playing after Lost Shores and just came back for Season One and still being on Blackgate was awesome. Will probably go back to WoW until the next season. Depends on the rewards we’ll see.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: nachtritter.8961

nachtritter.8961

“The best rewards should go to the bottom teams, to boost them!”

This sounds like my nephews Tee ball games where they don’t keep score because everyone is a winner… rofl

Not that I think the 1st place should get nothing, but the analogy is flawed there. Regular sports has rules and teams have numbers of players according to the rules. WvW is completely different in the sense that it’s as if you had, say, hockey teams, playing 24/7, where some teams had superior numbers fielded at any given time, and some teams were able to field a sufficient number of players only a third of the time or so, sometimes not even having a goalie.

Don’t compare WvW to regular competitive sports. They’re two different things.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

It was a poor analogy on my part, the point I was trying to make (and failed) was that losing should not net you rewards. In the situation I mentioned they don’t keep score because “everyone is a winner”

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: nachtritter.8961

nachtritter.8961

It was a poor analogy on my part, the point I was trying to make (and failed) was that losing should not net you rewards. In the situation I mentioned they don’t keep score because “everyone is a winner”

I agree. Winners should obviously get rewards. More significant ones, obviously.

In a perfect world, players should get rewarded on the war effort, as well (even if they’re on a losing server, some players put in a lot of work). It’d be hard to implement, but if the game kept track of a player’s participation in the taking or defense of objectives, kills, etc. then maybe players, regardless of servers, could still get distinctions for their efforts.

That way, you could get one prize for server performance, plus one for personal performance.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

Want fair, get rid of WvW being separated by servers and create 3 factions. Red/Blue/Green stays and alternates, but have 3 factions.
Open up the current BL’s and EB’s, bring in EoTM to all servers. Get rid of the excess, maybe eliminate a few. Now the 3 teams will all have coverage, and any place that actually has a que will give even more reason to hit up EoTM.

Seasonal play like this makes more sense to me in something that is balanced like Team Based GvG ala GW1.

I think that the way Planetside did it makes the most sense.

On topic. It’s over. The season is over. Doesn’t really matter to me who gets what now. Fact: We all know that you can have the best tactics in all of the realms and still not pull off a victory because of pvd coverage issues.

WvW doesn’t have that x-factor that rewards strong tactics over numbers like say for instance a GvG map in the original game, AV in WoW , Legacy of the Foefire here or even real war. I’m talking strategic strikes at a certain objective. Take out one key person or system and that could be the end to the war or battle.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Rei Hino.5961

Rei Hino.5961

Well I have a small guild with me and another person got 2 to rank 3’s and 2 rank 4’s Server transfer guild upgrades does not transfer so I can only complain about a net fixing unbalanced matches.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

This is not the special olympics, not everyone is a winner here. Top servers, no matter how they won get the rewards.
I started on one of the lowest so I kinda expect nothing from this. I just hope Anet gets anough data to make some changes in the next league season for the better.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

I think the seasons were a way to push people into wvw who never played, and give them reason to try many aspects- from roaming (sentries, yaks, ruins) to zerging etc.
But as someone who primarily plays wvw, spending hundreds of hours doing the most helpful things for my server didn’t cover all that was required to get the key saying “I did the wvw!”. Tedious things like walking yaks, tagging seige, and standing guard are still ignored in material reward. It’s alright, but the seasons brought in a new population of achievement hunters whose interest in wvw was not the spirit of competition and teamwork, but only another place to grind specific tasks on the to-do list. Rather than learning strategy, discepline, and other skills useful to a successful week, I think many of these people spent the weeks with blinders on.
The thing I enjoyed the most about gw2 in my first months of play was that i was rewarded for playing as I would have played even without reward. I didn’t have to work- i just did what I would have done to entertain myself and got appropriate rewards. With this season, I had to waste time grinding things I don’t enjoy (taking ruins for example) even though I far surpassed other numbers (camps/towers taken, etc). If someone like me can’t get the achieves naturally, I can only imagine what a pain it was for more casual players. And the increased strain on servers leading to some huge lag and long queues actually made for more frustrating wvw.

The introduction of this reward/ranking in my mind is a complex side-effect, but pushing around dedicated wvwers with tedious achievements in hopes it will get non wvwers to play it, at its core seems counter productive.

As for rewards- I just want more good matchups! One night of fights and then a week of karma trains is a disappointment. Last week we were finally matched with two determined servers that could keep pace without overwhelming us and it was a rush! Our ability as a server increased as we rose to the challenge. Sinking back into the old “well, there’s no fighting left to be had, steamroll it all” is like watching six pack abs bloat into a beergut in a matter of days.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Purifer.3946

Purifer.3946

Servers that have had people transferring to preform things like building all kinds of siege, waisting supply, to give their server and advantage should be van from any kind of reward since they didn’t play by the rules.

This makes perfect sense, punish an entire server for the actions of a few. This is a very well thought out suggestion ……

This happens in almost all competitions. Even if fans do something wrong like invading the camp or stuffs.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

Servers that have had people transferring to preform things like building all kinds of siege, waisting supply, to give their server and advantage should be van from any kind of reward since they didn’t play by the rules.

This makes perfect sense, punish an entire server for the actions of a few. This is a very well thought out suggestion ……

This happens in almost all competitions. Even if fans do something wrong like invading the camp or stuffs.

If that were implemented all someone would have to do is stay on their own server, claim to be a spy for the enemy, break a bunch of kitten obviously, and watch their opponent server get penalized. It’s not a solution to the problem.
Before we were vying for placement in the season I never saw this many saboteurs (in fact after nine or ten months of wvw the concept of sabotage was new to me).

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

life isn’t fair. is it fair that I was born this way?

Cheer up. Things will get better for you.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: deracs.1762

deracs.1762

my guess is, players on every server will get some things for completing the meta, and the top servers will get a bit more, like every competition.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Gilgamesh.7364

Gilgamesh.7364

It is unfair complete all of the achievements of the Season 1 and not win any bag/chest to open with the key we received because our server was not in the top 3.

I propose:

1) Give 4 chests for the 1st place instead of 3
2) Give 3 chests for the 2nd instead of 2
3) Give 2 chests for the 3rd instead of 1
4) Give 1 chest to the other servers, by participating and not be in the Top 3.

Who supports this idea?

I don’t.

Things are fine as it is, the servers that win are the ones that deserve to win & have worked to make it happen.

In WvWvW, there will always be 1 winner & 2 losers.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: LetMeHaveFun.5278

LetMeHaveFun.5278

Give everyone cake, from 1st place to last.
Everyone loves cake.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Everyone gets a chest for completing the meta.

The finishers are the only things top 3 get, and I believe they are temporary finishers.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Wait, only top 3 get any rewards? Why did I bother completing the meta event when my server had 0 chance of ever getting into top 3. Most matches, we were fighting hard b/c we MIGHT get 2nd that week if we competed hard. What is the point of even trying for that if its “top 3 or go home”?

Only 5 servers max ever had any hope of getting into top 3 from the get-go, I guess the other servers should just not wvw while getting stomped by the larger predators they were forced to go against? This policy only supports server-stacking even more and kills off lower servers who are trying to work their way into relevance.

Getting nothing while fighting through 7 weeks of getting steamrolled by whichever larger server we happened to matched up with is a pretty tough pill to swallow.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: CattivoUomo.7198

CattivoUomo.7198

Not knowing what the rewards are as of yet makes this suggestion ‘nearly’ moot. That being said, I don’t have a problem with all participants being given at least some reward no matter what place they finished. Those teams my world faced put up some very good fights despite what place they finished, and had there been any really balance mechanism in place prior to and during the season, many of those matches could have been much closer. Lack of time zone coverage shouldn’t be the only determining factor for players being rewarded for the effort.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Have the WvW rewards ever been detailed?

I thought everybody was going to get the same stuff, including the mini dolyak, but the winners would get a special finisher.

Makes no sense to give the people who roughed it out on the losing servers nothing, unless the want future mass migrations and destroyed communities. Anet does make some money on transfers but the communities are why players stick with year old and older MMOs.

Agreed.

I only log on for my guildies most days now and so do a lot of people I know.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I honestly hope that other than the dolyak finisher they only give bloodstone dust, blues and greens. With the overachieving saboteurs and spies running rampant currently, it would be worthwhile to me to get nothing just to see them get the same for their actions.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

life isn’t fair. is it fair that I was born this way?

Cheer up. Things will get better for you.

I Did Not Find That Funny

Not At All!!

As the saying goes, “mockery is a reflection of oneself insecureness”

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Hexin.5603

Read
“Players who complete the WvW Season meta achievement will receive a new title as well as a key to unlock a WvW season chest that will be delivered on completion of the season based on world rank” – Devon

Does this anywhere state anything that would make you worry warts go panicky over? Where in that does it say only TOP 3.

It says play 7 weeks, complete meta = reward key for reward chest. Reward chest contents based on server rank. No where does it say 4,5,6 get nothing.

I wonder if uni degrees are bought these days too?

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Read
“Players who complete the WvW Season meta achievement will receive a new title as well as a key to unlock a WvW season chest that will be delivered on completion of the season based on world rank” – Devon

Does this anywhere state anything that would make you worry warts go panicky over? Where in that does it say only TOP 3.

It says play 7 weeks, complete meta = reward key for reward chest. Reward chest contents based on server rank. No where does it say 4,5,6 get nothing.

I wonder if uni degrees are bought these days too?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Hexin.5603

Still says they get a reward though. Everyone is acting like they don’t

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Yah.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Hexin.5603

vere scio me

:)

/15char

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Purifer.3946

Purifer.3946

If that were implemented all someone would have to do is stay on their own server, claim to be a spy for the enemy, break a bunch of kitten obviously, and watch their opponent server get penalized. It’s not a solution to the problem.
Before we were vying for placement in the season I never saw this many saboteurs (in fact after nine or ten months of wvw the concept of sabotage was new to me).

Devs can verify easy. Btw, i’m not suggestin that, only stating a fact. Don’t worry about this. (Just… claim to be a spy? Lol, nonsense )
In season 2 we will have only few servers in competition. All big servers will do the same stuffs of Pizunah. Small servers will be mercenaries. Small saboutages will be the least of problems.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Also:

WOW, talk about a bass akwards mentality. Punish the winners by making them see the losers get rewards. Sorry boss, but that is a terrible idea.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Do you know what is kitten too. If you play www couple hours once a week it’s very hard to complete that meta.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

I like these ideas, borrowed from the other threads.

1. Give winning server players 1 free transfer, usable until the start of the next season and.

2. Give the server the prize pool, and give each player with a key a share of the pool, So for example. BG: 1000G, split among 10k players, Mag, 850g, split among 300 players. (Totally made up numbers)

Right so BG the winning server gets kitten all money for each person but Mag Get kitten tons of money for each person?

We had to work a lot harder individually… all you had to do was wait for your queue to pop. (illustrated very nicely in this picture: http://i.imgur.com/7MfwHVA.jpg )

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

They should of announced “to balance out WvW population we decided to reward bottom servers more, for their dedication with low population and coverage” and as soon as the reward addicts all jump ship to the bottom servers they should lock transfers :P

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

I don’t.

Things are fine as it is, the servers that win are the ones that deserve to win & have worked to make it happen.

And yet, without enough night coverage, you can’t do much. Considering that there aren’t many people staying awake to play during the night, at least in europe, one must depend on people outside european timezones for his server to win.
In the end, the server who wins is just the one with people playing during “nights”.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Balance is also hard because of the national servers. That was a pretty bad decision but nothing can be done about that now.
I wonder what the dev team can come up with.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Manuhell.2759

Balance is also hard because of the national servers. That was a pretty bad decision but nothing can be done about that now.
I wonder what the dev team can come up with.

Heh, the problem isn’t about them being national; if anything, it is the opposite: they’re quite international, as long as the same language is spoken.
Unfortunately for the other servers, the places where “the same language is spoken” often are in opposite parts of the globe, thus giving them a perfect coverage other servers cannot afford…

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

National server is like home field advantage 24/7 and players just tends to care more about score if they play in national server. I would say that they should put national servers in own league because of unfair advantages.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Manuhell.2759

The idea was good. The application wasn’t. Especially due to the choice of match-ups – it made no sense at all. Structured as a league, but without all the matches needed in a league. So who was lucky played against weaker servers most of the time, and who was unlucky found himself always against stronger servers.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Yoji.1420

Yoji.1420

Tyops.5894:

…roughly 1/3 of the servers was awarded 7 weeks of horrible unwinnable WvW matchups. Everyone knew this would happen, locking them in for the worst rewards is just the worst.

ANet should apologize for locking those servers into 7 weeks of suck.

Playing on Underworld for the last 2 months has been exactly this, running around EB and getting stomped repeatedly day and night. The only real excitement I have had in this time is with small guild runs on enemy BL’s

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Oghier.7419

Oghier.7419

Everyone who completed the meta should get the reward. Anet should not further encourage people to flee smaller servers, or the unbalanced pops will only grow worse.

I’m fine personally — we have silver locked up, and I finished my meta in the first couple days. However, I’d like the folks on, say, Northern Shiverpeaks to have a reason to show up for S2.

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
Ratbag Dogsticker (Guardian)
…Yak’s Bend

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Veeber.3192

Veeber.3192

Tyops.5894:

…roughly 1/3 of the servers was awarded 7 weeks of horrible unwinnable WvW matchups. Everyone knew this would happen, locking them in for the worst rewards is just the worst.

ANet should apologize for locking those servers into 7 weeks of suck.

Playing on Underworld for the last 2 months has been exactly this, running around EB and getting stomped repeatedly day and night. The only real excitement I have had in this time is with small guild runs on enemy BL’s

You can blame Tidalwiz and Ätlantean Ärmy for that, they were the ones that tried to force UW to be like tankolation and kittened over the server for everyone. But servers like UW shouldn’t have to be forced to play in fail.net poorly thought out season