Insane skill lag again.

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Alright this is my last post in the WvW Forum ever until the skill lag is fixed.

It is clear no one from Anet cares about WvW, the skill lag today vs only 20 enemy in SM was again just horrible.. and MOD oh oh don’t give me the crap like do a system check or use a proxy lol.

This has become way too much now, how the heaven can you guys promote the game as large siege warfare.. I mean you are lying to potential players and to the current playerbase..

How the heaven can you guys say that you are working on performance while we have seen no improvement on the skill lag.. While it was told in the patch notes..

Well, sometimes! Sometimes you can play with many people.. So it is possible.

Are you giving other servers different server hardware?

Are the skill lag problems only for EU servers?

For me as a player since beta had negative and positive feedback to WvW overall, and this is not to the WvW team specific it is more to the tech team that controls the servers..

I suggest you Anet as a company should step up, and draw the line right now. Tell your tech team to fix the problem or come up with ideas, solutions or just hire a new squad that think they can do it.. the guys now, failed. Simple as that

I really don’t care about GvG, Bloodlust buff, Outmanned, T1 servers, only 2 maps.

I want to fight in large battles, and use my skills! Just like the game promised me.

Tired of this goat poop.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

According to arenanet skilllag is a major part of the game.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Only 20 in SM? Something tells me your ISP hit a hiccup……..

Most of my skill lag occurs on reset night when 3 huge zergs are fighting inside the lords room in SM…but that’s expected, haha

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Only week i got noticable skill lag was the week against TC and SOR where there were 80v80v80 in garrison. Other then that i barely get skill lag even when it’s like 60v60v60 in an open enviroment.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Most of my skill lag occurs on reset night when 3 huge zergs are fighting inside the lords room in SM…but that’s expected, haha

If you pay attention to the posts complaining about skill lag, they are almost always from EU. EU servers have problems.

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

If you pay attention to the posts complaining about skill lag, they are almost always from EU. EU servers have problems.

must be, have the EU said if there are any problems with NA skill lag on NA servers?
like my ping isn’t too great asell i mean i’m oceanic so my ping would be higher then a EU’s ping in NA servers

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I play EU and rarely get lag. And I live in NA.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: violentlycar.5267

violentlycar.5267

NA servers get skill lag, too.

Maguuma – plays Asuras with various permutations of the name “Viocar”

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

I play in EU and i got lags only when there is big 3-way fight.
But skill-lags happen more often. Sometimes you need 10vs10 to have skill lag because there is somewhere a big fight on the map.
You dont need to be in that fight to have skill-lags. Many times there was a big fight at south bay, but i had skill lags at woodhaven when there was nobory around and i tried to cast swiftness.

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Recently i feel less skill lag. Yesterday, we did a very long 3-way fight like 30vs50vs40 and never felt lag. But yeah, i can imagine when we are t1 and the fights used to be 50vs70vs60

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

It will never be fixed, this complaint has been around since the game went live. (Taking out culling made it far worse.)

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

But the lag is a gameplay feature. Every time skills start blinking and the game slows to a crawl you know exactly what to do.

Brace yourselves, the zerg is coming

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Magnetron.5823

Again, other players have it too…

Skill lag, Skill lag..

This is terrible Anet, what have you done to yourself..

Unplayable

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: Jharkin.9357

Jharkin.9357

This may not be their fault guys. I’m actually looking into traffic shaping at the ISP level, where the ISP artificially slows down certain types of traffic. I have a suspicion FIOS is shaping gw2 and gaming traffic in general.

I have a 10gb connection at work plugged into our core router which goes out to level3. The Gw2 servers also have a peering point with level3. I play about half the time on this and have encountered server lag only once in about 4 months. At home, over my 70mb fios hit lag all the time, and yet the connection ikittenotally clean.

I’m actually in the process setting up a vpn tunnel from home to work to see if FIOS is indeed traffic shaping gw2 traffic.

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

what’s new about this ridiculous unresolved issue since day 1 of gw2 release?

Absolutely, none.

Including today while in a zerg of just 15-20 players, skill lags went berserk on us.

My goup had to relogg into gw2, 5 times which is totally kitten..

Again,

13 months+ since realease and still no “fix”.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Magnetron.5823

And again, nothing works..

Skill lag Skill lag..

And ofcourse never a Dev, to update about this major game breaking problem.

I am even in the Desolation server, what doesn’t even have players in WvW LOL

Fix your dam problem for god sakes,, dam mm

EDIT: If It is our problem, Anet need to put in system requirements that you need a 10-100GB connection.

I have 20 mbit but that is not enough or something?

Well I have no idea, and its strange that others get the same skill lag too.. are they all on my ISP? I don’t think so right?

Hello Dev? Players have a problem some communication would be nice

(edited by Magnetron.5823)

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Magnetron.5823

And again in the new match up, my skills are not working when fighting in SM.

Our group was around 20 people and the enemy inside around 40, nothing works.. you can only run away and hope the heal works.

Is ArenaNet actually trying to fix this issue? Or are they ignoring it..

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Woohoo Gogo gadget hypedupgamenoonewillplayinayearbecauseofthiskittenlaganddc’snexttoanoverallpoordevelopedgamewithunkeptpromises..

if you read that, you have more patience then i have spacebars.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Stop blobbing = skill lag gone. Till that ppl have no right to qq about skill lag if they do blob, and 90 % of www population do blob on regular basis.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

This may not be their fault guys.

Skill lag is Arenanets fault. There are already official posts about it, it is caused by CPU issues of the servers. This will never get fixed because that would require one of two things, either they need to rework or optimize their code so that routines are less computationally intensive or they need to compensate with hardware. The first will require ressources which they donĀ“t have, the second will require money what NCSoft will never grant them, so forget about that.

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Magnetron.5823

I wonder if they are still trying to fix it, its maybe the most frustrating problem in the game.

And Karolis, I said my group was 20 people and in Large open world battles that is not a blob.. And 40 defenders for Stonemist Castle is normal too. The game advertises itself as a large open map where you can play massive wars..

I am sorry but if you do 10 v 10 its not a big war..

I do agree with you if the enemy has 60+ people in a group, that is just horrible.
But 20 v 40?

Maybe remove Stonemist Castle?

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I play in EU and i got lags only when there is big 3-way fight.
But skill-lags happen more often. Sometimes you need 10vs10 to have skill lag because there is somewhere a big fight on the map.
You dont need to be in that fight to have skill-lags. Many times there was a big fight at south bay, but i had skill lags at woodhaven when there was nobory around and i tried to cast swiftness.

Yeah, the skill lagg here in EU is happening rather often lately. Last time I logged in WvW and GW2 (a week ago) I got disconnected 3 times in 10 minutes during a very standard 30v20 battle.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I wonder if they are still trying to fix it, its maybe the most frustrating problem in the game.

And Karolis, I said my group was 20 people and in Large open world battles that is not a blob.. And 40 defenders for Stonemist Castle is normal too. The game advertises itself as a large open map where you can play massive wars..

I am sorry but if you do 10 v 10 its not a big war..

I do agree with you if the enemy has 60+ people in a group, that is just horrible.
But 20 v 40?

Maybe remove Stonemist Castle?

It’s not just on eternal battlegrounds, it’s on borderlands just as much.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Magnetron.5823

Yea, see I am not the only one having this problem.

I know Anet wont respond on people calling them to posts, but what is a forum for? To tell them our problems right?

It is nice that every Lore or Pve thread gets attention to detail, but serious Anet.

Do you guys play EU servers from the EU to test? So not only from your office?

You guys should see the insane skill lag when our skills travel from Europe to the US of A.

Please do not ignore us, it is really not our computer.

Do you hate me for asking this? It is just a simple question.

I don’t have bad feelings towards you guys if you say, sorry our tech wont let us. Then atleast we have closure.

I will keep updating this thread everytime I have skill lag.

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

OP and to everyone who’s experiencing this Hell; you are not alone. Every 20+ min to the hour, i’m restriced to play due to Hell Laggs+ Crashes and Freezes.

Seriously,

Why can’t Arena.net revert this game back to beta, like how Square Enix did it?

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Magnetron.5823

I just don’t understand why Anet doesn’t take this as a serious problem.

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Magnetron.5823

I mean like,, When someone has a problem with PVE and they express their feelings about it, then 80% of the time a Dev comes and tells the player the situation.

But why on WvW, we always need to ‘hope’ for an reply? Are the ashamed of something? Do they care? They hate me?

I don’t know.. Whats up guys, skill lag is not a myth, its a problem..

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

I don’t know.. Whats up guys, skill lag is not a myth, its a problem..

Anet can dumb down combat, meaning, look at the sheer number of sigils and runes in the Auction House. Percentage hit triggers this, get hit for this much triggers this, then add in the variance of food buffs that require more calculations.

So a battle is happening where x number of players on both sides each with their own unique traits, runes, sigils, food buffs, dodge rolling, etc. doing their thing. The server has to keep up with all these calculations and send it back to the player in real time. Add to the fact GW2 arguably has the best graphics in the present line of MMO’s.

Skill lag definitely sucks for all us, however, given the examples listed am surprised the game runs as well as it does…..

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Magnetron.5823

And again, horrible.. Horrible… skill lag, for around 20 seconds my whole heal didnt even work..

Nothing works for a long long time in large fights!

Devon do you have any ETA on a fix for this problem? ( I ask here because its Anet official forum and not MMORPG.com ) Thanks

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

went to wvw yesterday, and was delighted to notice the skillag /lag and other glitches were still present if not increased.

I believe we were 20-30 in SM with about 40 defenders.

we did win eventually because we just waited for the opponents to leave, immagine two groups not attacking just standing and staring eachother to death..until one group says screw it, we’ll go do something that doesn’t involve waiting passively untill we can cast 1 skill.

That is waht this game is .. Waitingwars2 where the most patient player wins!

Waitingwars2!
After waiting in a que you can test your waiting skills against your waiting opponent, wait untill your keep is upgraded then wait untill the trebs are build, wait for the walls to come down and then wait for your golems to reach the doors, and once you waited for the doors to break prepare for the enemy who have been waiting for you, wait for your skills to activate, and if they don’t wait untill the enemy is tired of waiting and then wait for the cap.. But Wait there is more! Once you have played the waiting game and are really only waiting for the developers to fix the game that everyone has been patiently waiting to play since it got announce years back, all that remains is waiting for an answer to your questions and suggestions that will be answered when the dev’s are done waiting for their payraise, So to keep with the lore of the waiting game.. you all can wait till hell freezes over.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Please explain then if an ISP has a hiccup its only the players skills that lag not his movement, his sound, his chat etc etc… and why then does WvW light up complaining about skill lag unless of course were all having the same ISP hiccup… I was in that smallish SM slapfight and it was as bad a having a 3-way blobfest .
Try to engage thought before vomiting dumb kitten answers.
And no.. in a game that puts the effort into to advertising its WvW feature like ANET have skill lag is not to expected, its just plain poor handling of their server tech imo and for me it can be gamebreaking to the point I just log out and go log into another MMO instead, as I am sure others do.

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

There was a massive fight in SM last night on our server. While I lost my mouse more than I want, the skills I could use this time(last time I just could use 1, 1, 1, 1, 1,1 ) where a lot more. Still the lag was bad and melee on my ranger almost missed everything.
It could use some improvement because your server is not capable of handling massive fights like this, and that kinda unforgivable with an MMO, you know massive……

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I play in EU, and get skill lag every time I get near Viziblob. It’s caused by the number of aoe spamming auto attacking guardian staffers and warriors who spam that button as they approach making the game decide that your skills aren’t important, it’s much more important to calculate all the aoe spurting out of that guardian’s auto attack than it is to check whether you have pressed anything.

Changing staff 1 skill to be single target in wvw would probably fix all the lag issues (as well as making it possible for guardians to learn what those other skills they have actually do lol).

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Magnetron.5823

Are you all playing from the EU? Then i think Anet just doesn’t care about the EU servers/people.

Wish a dev would play with us some day instead of Always playing in the NA, the EU servers have massive problems to a game breaking extend.

I really do understand when a 3 way 60+ v 60+ v 60+ is happening in SM that would be just horrible!

But 20 vs 30 vs 30? I mean that’s what SM was intended for right? Large warfare..

Or remove SM and put a big lake ( wich you have ) or hire some qualified tech person that can deal with this.

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

It is really out of hand at the moment. Yesterday in SM i was running around for 10 minute in lords room while trying to drop my skills. My earthshaker not even worked once. My shouts never triggered. Only thing i was able to use: my autoattack.

Seriously WTF. If they cant handle the content they build why the hell they make places where 200 ppl fight in a small room. Even a freakin monkey that sit before the PC can spam autoattack and run around in SM lord run while praying the healing signet to keep him alive a little bit longer. :/

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

aspirine.6852

Are you all playing from the EU? Then i think Anet just doesn’t care about the EU servers/people.

Wish a dev would play with us some day instead of Always playing in the NA, the EU servers have massive problems to a game breaking extend.

I really do understand when a 3 way 60+ v 60+ v 60+ is happening in SM that would be just horrible!

But 20 vs 30 vs 30? I mean that’s what SM was intended for right? Large warfare..

Or remove SM and put a big lake ( wich you have ) or hire some qualified tech person that can deal with this.

I play in EU, and I am in the lowest tier of all of them. i do not even want to know how this server responds when we have massive amounts of players like SFR has.
Once last week we had a zerg vs zerg vs zerg in SM, and I could not do anything but autoattack, All other skills did not even respond, and I think I found my mouse cursor 1 day later.

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Magnetron.5823

And today our keep in EB got attacked by around 50-60 ppl and we had the same amount of people defending..

And guess what..

It is possible, because we had no skill lag what so ever :/

Really can someone explain it to me? One day it is unplayable and makes ppl alt F4 the game and the other day it works great.

Does Anet use virtual servers for WvW? Do other servers get more resources to them?

Do we need to complain to get a better performance?

I almost only see EU servers complaining about this, maybe Anet need to change their ISP for the servers…

It is all guessing,,, but I will update this thread with every major skill lag I seen. You guys should do the same. ty

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

“You think the skill lag is bad now, wait til leagues start”

Muahahahah

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Magnetron.5823

Muahahahah

We will be in the silver league, so I hope we will be fine

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

Muahahahah

We will be in the silver league, so I hope we will be fine

During primetime it happens in the Bronze league during big fights (only).

Good luck.

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Magnetron.5823

You gotta be kidding me, why do they call it large open warfare lol when skill no work

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: Zplus.4217

Zplus.4217

I wish it was the skill lag we used to get, at least I can still use 1111111111, but right now everything just freezes in place and I am walking around people like time has stopped, then 2 mins later it will either DC me or I found myself dead on the ground. And this is what’s happening EVERYDAY during prime time since teq patch.

And no magnetron you are not alone in this, check out bug report and tech support sections, there are many people all around the world who are having this issue specially after teq patch, heck even anet has a sticky on the main gw2 general forum about skill lags.

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

aspirine.6852

And today our keep in EB got attacked by around 50-60 ppl and we had the same amount of people defending..

And guess what..

ty

My lag was inside the keep. I do get slowdowns when we are defending a gate but noway near as bad. Few days ago the 3 servers bumped into eachother on open field and there it was very playable. So inside SM there is something weird going on I guess.
I can almost feel how many people we are up against when approaching the fight and feel the amount of slowdown.

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Magnetron.5823

And guess what..

ty

My lag was inside the keep. I do get slowdowns when we are defending a gate but noway near as bad. Few days ago the 3 servers bumped into eachother on open field and there it was very playable. So inside SM there is something weird going on I guess.
I can almost feel how many people we are up against when approaching the fight and feel the amount of slowdown.

Yes it is kinda strange, the skill lag is at its worst when there are 3 way fights taken place Inside a keep or stonemist.

But what does Stonemist give for code to the server? In the open field, skill lag occurs as well but not as bad in SM or in a keep on a 3 way fight..

Does the game calculate something when we are inside the keep?

I find it strange, and It probally gives the WvW programmer a headache

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

I start getting skill lag when there’s about ~60+ people fighting it out, it’s really annoying when you go down with endure pain, balanced stance and heal unused.

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

aspirine.6852

I think the whole wvw is just one server? Everyone I see joined in wvw is at jadequarry server(D). Is that also for other server?

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

No sometimes depending on what map you pull it shows a compeltely different world.

For example, we saw Borliss Pass this week, even though they are no where near TC/DB/SoS

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

Insane skill lag again.

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

The amount of lag is stupid right now… Even in 1v1’s…

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.