Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Stilk.6312

Stilk.6312

@ Pdavis & EnemyWhatever

Five facts that will show you that WvW is dying (cauz we talking about Gw2 in the subforum of WvW)

Get a feeling from the devs that they make WvW more about successes and karma train than for good fights – tournaments and EotM are the proof.

Get a feeling from the devs that they make WvW more like a “seasonal type of gameplay” – understand that from the tournaments, when all the features for WvW came with those, and that as soons as it is finish you don’t get anything, not even bug fixes, exploit fixes, hackers ban or lag correction.

Get a feeling from the devs that they laugh at you hard when they call colors on commander tags BIG CHANGES, or when they say that they are exited about attributes on a siege weapon.

Play WvW a bit more (I don’t want to insult you both but I am pretty sure your experience in that mode is pretty poor) get in a teamfight guild and try to find proper fights – it’s harder and harder as guilds and players just leave the game around you.

Look on the WvW forums and try to find actual evidence of dev presence outside of what is called the “periods of acting” (just before a patch like now)

And now just for you #EnemyWhatever, how can you even speak about data when you don’t even bother looking for yourself? Here are two polls that took place on gw2wvw.net (I’m pretty sure you don’t even know that website) :

First one asking if people were exited about the WvW features of the September patch :
64% answered they were unsure to NOT AT ALL – on a total of 726 votes.
Second one asking if the player though Guild Wars 2 is dying :
56% answered yes – on a total of 638 votes.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

GW2’s combat system has and will continue to keep the attention of all those players who try to leave it for all those games you mentioned. The moment another open world pvp game with a even remotely decent combat mechanic comes along: Gw2 will be a wasteland.

Isn’t that happening like next week? Just wished GW2 would have anticipated this and provided new WvW and endgame content.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

I find it faintly amusing when people come to the forum to post about the many reasons that they’re leaving. The sad stories abound. Yet, I’m not sure what my reaction should be. Is it supposed to be a Jerry Maguire moment, where I’m supposed to stand up and say that I’m coming with you? Or perhaps I’m supposed to tell my friends that <insert player name here> is leaving Guild Wars 2, just so they can say, ‘Who the kitten is <insert player name here>, and what the kitten is Guild Wars 2?’ I dunno. You had me at hello.

By the way, Guild Wars 2 still boasts a very healthy population, despite the sort of ill-informed propaganda the nay-sayers like to spew. It’s just not reflected in a game mode called WvW, which is, without any doubt in my mind, shedding numbers. And that sucks. But the idea that the whole game itself is somehow on its last legs is laughably naive. It’s simply that much of that population doesn’t give two-kittens about WvW, and thus neither does ANet. Which is too bad.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Sanctum.7938

Sanctum.7938

… I still don’t get how so many people can say with any sort of accuracy that the game is dying. Maybe their group of friends stopped playing for whatever reason, or their servers WvW players decided to switch play times, or whatever.

I certainly don’t see a declining player base in any of the modes I go to. In fact I see the opposite. I see “new player help” threads all the time. See “returning player, whats new” threads even more then new player threads. Did my group of friends stop playing? yeah, all 5 of them. But I guess that means the game is dying, and the player base has shrunk dramatically to the point where we should start being worried….Yeah not so much.

I have had exactly the same experience. Have some friend left the game? Yes…but many return and I’ve made many more.

I belong to a WvW guild that is growing steadily (and we don’t openly recruit) on a server where the WvW community is also growing steadily (and we don’t pay for transfers). I don’t buy the “GW2 is dying line.”

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

You don’t consider new content every two weeks with occasional breaks for quality-of-life improvements to be Anet supporting the game?

LS is not real content.

How about the bug fixes that occur between those patches?

What bug fixes? The ride-the-lightning overshoot bug has been left unaddressed for about 18 months now. The official wiki is still full of bugs that have been there since release.

What about these forums, which they use to respond to players constantly on week days. GW1 didn’t even have forums to receive player feedback, updates were less substantial, and occurred less frequently. I love both GW1 and GW2, but more effort is clearly going into GW2.

The level of communication is also pretty bad.

GW1 had much bigger and better updates. How much actual content has been added to wvw in 2 years? Not much.

downed state is bad for PVP

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

We had this same thread when ESO was released.

Now. For NA, i see no change in T1. I am unsure about other servers but the game is far from dead for me.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: citizankane.5723

citizankane.5723

If only this game wasn’t free lol. But yeah it’s awesome right?
Has jed come back to your your guilds home server out of lack of boredom
fuzzion?

(edited by citizankane.5723)

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

Now. For NA, i see no change in T1. I am unsure about other servers but the game is far from dead for me.

This player is biased, t1 is nothing what it use to be. Change is good and bad, the game has been out for awhile new things are being played. Most players are here only for the community “the new friends they’ve made” not the wvw.

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

@ Pdavis & EnemyWhatever

Five facts that will show you that WvW is dying (cauz we talking about Gw2 in the subforum of WvW)

Get a feeling from the devs that they make WvW more about successes and karma train than for good fights – tournaments and EotM are the proof.

Get a feeling from the devs that they make WvW more like a “seasonal type of gameplay” – understand that from the tournaments, when all the features for WvW came with those, and that as soons as it is finish you don’t get anything, not even bug fixes, exploit fixes, hackers ban or lag correction.

Get a feeling from the devs that they laugh at you hard when they call colors on commander tags BIG CHANGES, or when they say that they are exited about attributes on a siege weapon.

Play WvW a bit more (I don’t want to insult you both but I am pretty sure your experience in that mode is pretty poor) get in a teamfight guild and try to find proper fights – it’s harder and harder as guilds and players just leave the game around you.

Look on the WvW forums and try to find actual evidence of dev presence outside of what is called the “periods of acting” (just before a patch like now)

And now just for you #EnemyWhatever, how can you even speak about data when you don’t even bother looking for yourself? Here are two polls that took place on gw2wvw.net (I’m pretty sure you don’t even know that website) :

First one asking if people were exited about the WvW features of the September patch :

So, by a third party website that I am sure many WvW players dont even know about, WvW is dying.

“Good fights” is subjective. I find a good fight is one where I dont die, or even a protracted battle. But thats not what everyone considers a good fight.

The seasonal tournaments, I feel are to give WvW players a decent reward. Something to strive for for holding maps, and killing zergs. Having somethinf like that continually would drive players off. The 9 week tournament had players stopping for a time because it got old, with the same match ups, too long to recieve rewards etc.

I feel colored tags, and seige attributes, a new traps, and golem mastery, are big changes. More coordination, more tactical planning, and a fundamental way we play. I feel it gives more incentive to try to defend, instead of endleasly flipping keeps and towers again.

And yes, im just starting to get into wvw. Only rank 39. But I still see lots of players, many of the same groups, everyday, at the same times. Havent noticed a decline in population at all. Although I will say there have been many guild transfers happening lately. We are losing one of our bigger wvw guilds here soon. But they arent leaving the game, just transferring. So while it may appear one paticular server is declining, another is seeing their numbers increase.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

If only this game wasn’t free lol. But yeah it’s awesome right?
Has jed come back to your your guilds home server out of lack of boredom
fuzzion?

If this game wasnt free and had a monthly sub, I would have left already.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

T1 has had massive drops. T1 used to be queues on all maps for the duration of NA primetime, now you might find that on reset night and past that you can even find yourself outnumbered. Keep in mind that people have been merging into T1 now for over a year. There are other servers where you might literally be the only person on the map. You’re looking at 3 servers and saying it’s fine when there are 24 NA servers and each tier down is exponentially worse. The population will spike for the next tournament no doubt, but as soon as it’s clear who will win or rather who can’t win, interest will quickly die off. Sure some people come back every now and again, that is the advantage of B2P, but ultimately the WvW population has been decreasing.

ESO was never going to kill GW2. It is subscription based and has some giant RvR flaws as well. What is killing GW2 is stagnation and that’s not exclusive to WvW. It is by no means a quick and sudden death, but each patch slays what little hope remains in some WvW players and they stop logging in. Perhaps ArenaNet will release a patch or even patches that revitalize WvW before another AAA B2P or even F2P comes along and hastens GW2’s demise. I am very doubtful that will happen though, they develop too slow and just aren’t in-touch.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

@ Pdavis & EnemyWhatever

So, by a third party website that I am sure many WvW players dont even know about, WvW is dying.

“Good fights” is subjective. I find a good fight is one where I dont die, or even a protracted battle. But thats not what everyone considers a good fight.

The seasonal tournaments, I feel are to give WvW players a decent reward. Something to strive for for holding maps, and killing zergs. Having somethinf like that continually would drive players off. The 9 week tournament had players stopping for a time because it got old, with the same match ups, too long to recieve rewards etc.

I feel colored tags, and seige attributes, a new traps, and golem mastery, are big changes. More coordination, more tactical planning, and a fundamental way we play. I feel it gives more incentive to try to defend, instead of endleasly flipping keeps and towers again.

And yes, im just starting to get into wvw. Only rank 39. But I still see lots of players, many of the same groups, everyday, at the same times. Havent noticed a decline in population at all. Although I will say there have been many guild transfers happening lately. We are losing one of our bigger wvw guilds here soon. But they arent leaving the game, just transferring. So while it may appear one paticular server is declining, another is seeing their numbers increase.

Don’t take this the wrong way, but how can you know what the populatiOn is now compared to 3 months – 6 months- 9 month as ago if you are level 39. The game itself is not dead, but wvw is bleeding players to eotm (not really wvw) or other games….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

pdavis.8031

@ Pdavis & EnemyWhatever

Don’t take this the wrong way, but how can you know what the populatiOn is now compared to 3 months – 6 months- 9 month as ago if you are level 39. The game itself is not dead, but wvw is bleeding players to eotm (not really wvw) or other games….

Fair point. But just like any game, or game mode, it’s not going to retain the same players for forever. People move on, get bored. Life happens, and people grow. No matter if Anet was going to release the most awesomest WvW updates possible, players will still leave.

My point is, while it may appear WvW is dying, I contend that there are just as many people playing as ever before. There are no real hard numbers to reflect that at all, one way or another. Every bit of "evidence"to the contrary is anecdotal at best. Likewise, any evidence on my part is the same. What it boils down to is a matter of perception. People are getting bored with a certain game, or game mode, and want it to be better. And the group of people they normally run with, also feel the same way. Some of that group stops playing, and moves on. The others continue to stay, getting more and more bored. A part of their group has moved on, thus less players, thus that mode is dying. People use the same logic/argument for open world PvE and megaservers. They implemented megaservers because the game, in their mind, is dying. Never mind it made the whole game experience much more “friendly” (in that you can always find people to do things with, even on a lower population server)

My guess is that these types of people (the ones claiming the game, or game mode, is dying) generally have a pessimistic view on many things, and tend to apply that same view on the game as well.

recognize my command!”

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

You can measure by how often, how large, and how long ques are…… If they aren’t the same as before there are fewer people playing.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

WvW is steadily running out of players but PvE seems pretty stable. Couldn’t say for PvP – I hardly ever go there and until some decent game modes get put in, I hardly ever will.

WvW just needs an overhaul. The same thing every week for two years just gets stale because there’s no real attachment to the map. If it were like EVE where an alliance could hold territory for months at a stretch it might be a different story.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Avit.3165

Avit.3165

pdavis.8031

I bet you only play eotm.
Because you have no idea what are you talking about.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Filovirus.6258

Filovirus.6258

@ Pdavis & EnemyWhatever

[…]

[…]

Fair point. But just like any game, or game mode, it’s not going to retain the same players for forever. People move on, get bored. Life happens, and people grow. No matter if Anet was going to release the most awesomest WvW updates possible, players will still leave.[…]

My guess is that these types of people (the ones claiming the game, or game mode, is dying) generally have a pessimistic view on many things, and tend to apply that same view on the game as well.

Actually there is plenty of proof of WvW dying with less than half the population it had one year ago, you are just steadily (and purposedly) ignoring it and trying to pretend otherwise.

It’s simple, there is LESS queues now in T1 (both NA and EU) at Reset Prime time that there was in T8 one year ago at the end of prime time during the week….

Take my server, we’ve been around T7/8 since the beginning. Before/After S1 (not counting S1 itself it works differently), we had close to 30/40 mins queues on home bl and EB every.single.reset.night.
On top of that we regularily had 15/20 mins queus on EB and home bl during the week.

We regularily had 3/4 maps queued during reset night till around 21/22uk time… the servers we were facing, specially the germand ones, could have over 1h queue time during reset on all maps, and had queues every night.

There is no queues anymore. Pretty much never. We have 5/10 mans queues resorbed in 5/10 mins in maybe one map at a time, when there is zerg/blob in a map and everyone is trying to get into the fight or defend. But that happens once in a blue moon and is resorbed in minutes.

Population in WvW i nothing like it was a year ago. Half the population lost as an estimate is pretty conservative, and it feels even more out of prime time, when most of the players are gone period.

(we went from 30/50 people total on all maps in the dead of the night, just before morning to like 10/15 at most, and it’s when we’re wining, not when we’re losing… you can often be 3/5 to cover all 4 maps now at 2/3 am, when it was 10 times that 1 year ago… and yet we are still at the same rank/level roughly go figure.).

On top of that how the heck can you pretend having ANY advice on WvW population when you are only playing it for a couple weeks (rank 39 is that nowadays) and habe no idea at all what it was a year ago ???

No one pretends WvW is losing 10% of it’s players every week, just that it’s steadily losing more and more players, bleeding population, and there is nothing close to the activity there was before S1 in WvW.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Hey,

I played Guild Wars 2 since release for about > 1.500 hours and sold my account a few months ago.

That’s illegal man. Reported.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Filovirus.6258

Hey,

I played Guild Wars 2 since release for about > 1.500 hours and sold my account a few months ago.

He is one out of thousands, and i doubt he is stupid enough to post on an account he actually intends to use.

And anyway, even if it’s the case, good luck proving he sold another account sometimes in the last xx months.

It’s a silly way to react to what he said/asked…. as usual.
(and no, i don’t sell accounts, nor buy them, nor find it great, but i really don’t see a problem with it, basically CCP is doing it with Eve by allowing to sell/transferts toons from one account to another, and it works quite well, and everyone’s happy).

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Stilk.6312

@Pdavis : You are lvl 39 and give your opinion on something you have no idea of. It takes about two weeks to get to your level, you may have played less than 30 hours on WvW and you want to argue about a gamemode you have no idea of ? Speak about things you didn’t even experienced yet ?

No I don’t care that you don’t play WvW much, I don’t care about you disliking WvW, I do care although when you quote me to tell me I am wrong when you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Don’t come and tell that you feel that WvW players estimate those changes you quoted as big changes when you are clearly not a WvW player. Don’t tell you didn’t felt any decline in population when you have been playing this mode for the last week or so.

You almost made a point when you said that it’s normal that people get tired of a game/gamemode, but you didn’t take in consideration one big factor : Anet’s positioning towards this game/gamemode. Of course people naturally leave a game after playing hours on it, but in the case of GW2 there is another reason for it, making the dying process faster : Anet.

Game isn’t dying cause it’s Guild Wars 2, game is dying cause it’s Arenanet doing sh—- with it.

Guild Wars 2 has the most entertaining pvp gameplay you can find, but has the worst dev team you can find. Just look at what they did for pvp : four new maps in total, one was completely deleted from the game, one that people prefer to avoid, one that people totally hate, and one that could have been better if only bigger. What they did for WvW : bringing more and more pve mechanics each time (sucesses, leveling, farm map) and only one pvp mechanic cause of some drama caused a while ago – obsidian’s arena.

You can feel in Guild Wars 2 that the gameplay has the biggest potential in pvp and in WvW, so all the players ask themselves, why the hell is Anet focusing on PvE, and doing sh—- with PvP and WvW all the time ?

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Hey,

He is one out of thousands, and i doubt he is stupid enough to post on an account he actually intends to use.

And anyway, even if it’s the case, good luck proving he sold another account sometimes in the last xx months.

It’s a silly way to react to what he said/asked…. as usual.
(and no, i don’t sell accounts, nor buy them, nor find it great, but i really don’t see a problem with it, basically CCP is doing it with Eve by allowing to sell/transferts toons from one account to another, and it works quite well, and everyone’s happy).

Humor, it is called. May not be the best, but hey.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

ded gaem much?

honestly maet gaem is ded.

(by keep repeating it we making devs work harder for their bread)

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Boulou.4023

Boulou.4023

Edge of the Mists IS KILLING WvW …..
Edge of the Mists should be closed when the 4 WvWvW maps arent full….

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Daze.6914

Daze.6914

Just accept GW2 isn’t what many people wanted it to be, and the developers have no interest in turning it into something else than what it is.

They are clearly focusing all attention on the casual-story element, and the WvW/PvP modes were just put in to generate game-sales. They are not part of the core game.

Hardcore / semi-hardcore wvw/pvp player? Arenanet would like it if you stuck around, but they’re not actually bothered enough to make an effort to keep you. You are not their target market.

You might as well ask for serious PvP-content in Farmville. That’s not what the game is for, so why would the developers put time into it?

No more, no less. We all wanted some kind of game, ANet wanted a totally different one, ANet won the battle, that’s all.
I respect their vision of the game and since it’s not mine I uninstalled it months ago. Guild Wars 2 is definitely a good game, I add a lot of fun (and rage) playing it but it could have been better, ten times better. What a pity.

War Inc. Community [WIC]
Far Shiverpeaks
GW2 WvW - GW2 Gem Price

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

pdavis.8031

@filovirus

So if thats the case, why am I still seeing queues? Often the same Queue times as last year, when I was more invloved in WvW?

@Stilk

I never once said I don’t like WvW. As far as no experience? Yeah, not so much. It’s true I don’t get on WvW as much as I used to, but that doesn’t mean I have no experience. I still jump on, even if I don’t do much, on a semi regular basis, and still haven’t noticed a significant decline in population, enough to say that WvW is dying. Now you can claim Anet is killing their own game, by not doing XYZ, but any such claims only put you in with the other tinfoil hats.

Again, it’s a matter pf perception. I see no evidence that the game is dying, in any way shape or form, and actually see more evidence that the game is growing and doing fine. You can call me a “white knight”, blind, stupid, noob, whatever.

recognize my command!”

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Stilk.6312

What I said is that you can’t have a rank 39 and have a single clue of what’s going on in WvW, it’s like saying you know something about pvp when you just hit rank 10. We will talk about you seeing things when you will actually pass time looking.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

It has already died over a year ago, ever since Anet didn’t act to improve the game, so that GW2 became mostly about PvE

However, AA isn’t a proper replacement. It’s pretty much like other MMO’s (it has a healing class yay…), there’s none of that “new” feeling I had when GW2 launched and the combat isn’t remotely as good (as I said, it’s old, like pretty much every other MMO)

And the worst part is that you have to grind the PvE crap if you want to do anything fun, so none of that “log-in and WvW or PvP at level 1” that GW2 brought… it’s a game for carebears who like shiny stuff and grind, the “new” and cool stuff that GW2 that brought to the genre was discarded, hopefully Camelot Unchained will get it right (the main guy is the one from AoC so that’s a good sign)

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

(edited by Chiolas.1326)

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: strifer.7986

strifer.7986

Edge of the Mists IS KILLING WvW …..
Edge of the Mists should be closed when the 4 WvWvW maps arent full….

this is another good point. For that that map was created. To let ppl do something while stuck in queue. And now what we have ? there are more players in eotm( and overflow)than the regular wvwvw. EOTM = FAIL

I also as wvwvw player stopped to play recently(played from closed beta)…i lost any kind of fun to join an empy laggy map….i’m playing SMITE ( inb4 infraction for talking about other game like the 10 or post over me) and i find it amazing fun , pvp depth , in a very good pvp envioremnt with a lot of game mode(well its not a RvR :P but…). Also its free.
I wont come back until some decent change.Wont even download the feature patch. But i will keep coming back to check forums ( yeah everyone know that forum know before than official annoucement) and site in a hope ,some days, Anet wake up.

(edited by strifer.7986)

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Filovirus.6258

@filovirus

So if thats the case, why am I still seeing queues? Often the same Queue times as last year, when I was more invloved in WvW?

@Stilk

I never once said I don’t like WvW. As far as no experience? Yeah, not so much. It’s true I don’t get on WvW as much as I used to, but that doesn’t mean I have no experience. I still jump on, even if I don’t do much, on a semi regular basis, and still haven’t noticed a significant decline in population, enough to say that WvW is dying. Now you can claim Anet is killing their own game, by not doing XYZ, but any such claims only put you in with the other tinfoil hats.

Again, it’s a matter pf perception. I see no evidence that the game is dying, in any way shape or form, and actually see more evidence that the game is growing and doing fine. You can call me a “white knight”, blind, stupid, noob, whatever.

Then i wonder on what server you are… because even SFR and other T1 servers in EU/NA have shadows of the queues they had a year ago according to everyone playing there, having playing there for that time, and pretty much everyone on the forums…..

Don’t get silly outside of maybe 2/3 servers that are stacked up to the teeth, queues are gone, when HOURS LONG queues were commong occurences in T6/7 a year ago (as in : at least once or twice a week common not “not once in 6+months”), we now have 5 mins queues on one map maybe 2 times a week, yeah.

And it’s not only there, once again, T12 queues are nowhere near what they were a year ago (>40 mins queues on all maps multiple times a week was comon occurence there, it doesn’t happen nowadays, at most you have one, maybe two maps with a <15mins queue now a few times a week).

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Anubis.9346

Anubis.9346

We left for Archeage because we were tired of the content of WvW. So boring after 2 years…

Hope to see a lot of people on this new game

Much love

Get Get [iNk] Insidious Blink

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

I see they’ve managed to alienate some of the PvE players as well based on feedback on the general boards.

I’m sure that won’t overall affect the number of PvE players that show up for Season 3.

Wishing everyone here good luck and have fun for Season 3! I will watch the boards to see how it goes down; guild members have voted to not bother returning.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Guild Wars 2 is always dying, it’s just a matter of how fast it is going down.

Nothing lasts forever, and everything dies – albeit sometimes it’s slow.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Varrg.2704

Varrg.2704

We left for Archeage because we were tired of the content of WvW. So boring after 2 years…

Hope to see a lot of people on this new game

Much love

>playing Korean P2W grindfests

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

There is a difference between “The game is dying”

And “The player generation I enjoyed the game with is leaving.”

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

There is a difference between “The game is dying”

And “The player generation I enjoyed the game with is leaving.”

also it is different the “game is dying” from “wvw is dying”

eotm shoot hard wvw 9 months ago …. at least it is the only truth around .

the game is not bad , never was , but wvw is the same very long time and since it is the meta pvpve content for the game this is not good for people that want some progress and major changes in the game mode that are playing so many hours every day.

p.s. these centaurs are very annoying me some times in home borders

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

I tried Archeage in beta because of my concerns over the direction that GW2 is going and because the sandbox elements were appealing to me. Spent less than a day on it when I got frustrated by the gathering and other activities being gated by “labor points” that build up over time, so I could find plenty of resource nodes that I couldn’t harvest because I didn’t have the points I needed to harvest them. More frustrating than anything I’ve ever experienced on GW2, and I say that as someone who has long played a longbow ranger in WvW on a bottom-ranked server.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Avit.3165

Avit.3165

More frustrating than anything I’ve ever experienced on GW2, and I say that as someone who has long played a longbow ranger in WvW on a bottom-ranked server.

With Bear pet, right?

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

With Bear pet, right?

Only underwater, where nobody laughs at me, and that’s a polar bear.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

Im currently t3, last year around this time, I was on a different server around t4/t5.
They feel very similar, the population is very close in most time zones, overall we have less roamers.
I did the research expecting a massive gap between where my server now is vs where i was then.
In ranks thats anywhere from 3-6 ranks improved, tiers, just 1-2, on an extremely close population.
Idk it feels kind of like that’s the population loss I expected, but only if we end up seeing the bleeding stop or slow significantly, otherwise, idk, bad news i guess.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: PhaNTaSiZe.4215

PhaNTaSiZe.4215

Longbow Ranger is actually pretty sick now… “Sic em” = thieves dead instantly. It’s about time thieves had a hard counter.

On topic though, I also disagree that the game is dying… I have been playing the game since day 1 (even before, on beta weekends), and I have had more fun in the last 2 months in WvW than I ever had before, and I’ve been primarily a WvW player the entire time.

My advice would be if you feel like the WvW where you are is getting stale, make a change. Transfer to a new server. Meet some new ppl, run with different commanders that have different tactics. Try new builds on classes you don’t normally play… I have 12 lvl 80 characters and I literally try a new build like every few days. And it’s not b/c I don’t like the previous builds, I just like mixing things up. Not only that, but it provides insight into how all the classes/builds work, which makes you a better player for being able to understand your opponent, which in turn makes the game more fun b/c if you happen to die, you’re not left feeling like “how did he just kill me? nerf nerf nerf!”

I have friends that only have 1 or 2 characters and never change their builds, and they sometimes complain about the game being stale… Honestly, with all the content in the game, if you find it stale it’s your own fault for not trying new things lol.

Commander Sammie Winchester/Ian McKellan
Leader of Gods Dont Cry [GDC] on SBI

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Valdemas.4960

Valdemas.4960

ded gaem much?

gaem ded.

Vinita Rush, ZDs Officer

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: sparc.3649

sparc.3649

I thought TESO will crush GW2? What it havnt? wait what? it totally failed?
What happened to wildstar? What? Oh thats sad.
And who ist this archage? A sequel to one of the most failed MMO games ever?

Jes im still a GW2 WvW fan, since beta. Even with all the failures and problems this game has, it is till the best thing out there. Anet should really focus more on WvW as endcontent. As soon as they bring the big hit, people will come back because, yes no subscription fee. Dont Worry there are enough players to WvW for the next 2 jears.

Curb your enthusiasm. Competition doing it bad =/= GW2 doing it good.

I don’t need a better game than GW2 to stop to play GW2, I (a lot of us) can leave the game (and will do) just because the game became dull and boring after 24 months of stagnation. And by the way, I spent more hours in RoS this Summer than in GW2.

I will not take part in this fall tournament, due I’ll be busy with another game. Guess that after another 4 months or so ArenaNet proclaims a whole revamp of WvW, with a new scoring system, GvG, maybe even a expansion pack.. would arrive in time to save the guild I belong? I DON’T THINK SO.

Of course GW2 will stay alive this year and probably a few more for the PvE people, but I’m not a PvE player, neither the guild I belong, neither this forum. A year ago I was worried about the WvW lack of progression, lack of evolving, lack of support and vision from ANet. Now I’m not longer worried, since I feel that I did fulfil my goals in the game, and is time to move on.

Do NOT bother, they’re killing WvW, and likely to eliminate it all together IMHO. Also you just admitted to something “illegal” (not legally illegal, just illegal to their TOS/EULA/RULES) so they’ll likely ban your old and new accounts.

GL out there!

/—————————————\
© sparc.3649 ~ LPC ~ Anvil Rock
\—————————————/

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

nop nop and nop. GW is alive and well, there are ups and does but we are pulling true

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Smilence.8976

Smilence.8976

I played Guild Wars 2 since release for about > 1.500 hours and sold my account a few months ago. However I´m thinking about getting back into it and bought a new copy a few days ago.

Sounds like someone didn’t read the EULA…

I know the playerbase is decreasing

I’ve seen the exact opposite recently. Has Anet released numbers to you that they haven’t released to the public?

and the megaserver change is more of an “Let´s rescue Guild Wars 2”-thing.

If by that you mean “quality-of-life improvement”, then sure.

Is it even worth to play this game again? Afaik ANet still ignores every thread on the forums

They read certain parts of the forums very thoroughly. There are a lot of senseless and unproductive posts that they have no reason to acknowledge (like this one).

(just saw a survey on reddit about the upcoming “feature pack”and pretty much everyone was kinda upset about it ). I just don´t want to put a lot of time into a game which is dying.

Reddit is not a part of the official GW2 forums, and most of the changes in the feature pack are due to player feedback on the forums. Most players’ opinions of the feature pack seem to be to the tune of “good, but not enough”, which I would hardly describe as “upset”.

Pretty much this. I still don’t get how so many people can say with any sort of accuracy that the game is dying. Maybe their group of friends stopped playing for whatever reason, or their servers WvW players decided to switch play times, or whatever.

I certainly don’t see a declining player base in any of the modes I go to. In fact I see the opposite. I see “new player help” threads all the time. See “returning player, whats new” threads even more then new player threads. Did my group of friends stop playing? yeah, all 5 of them. But I guess that means the game is dying, and the player base has shrunk dramatically to the point where we should start being worried….Yeah not so much.

Well Friends/Guildies leaving will easily make the impression that the game is dying. I went afk 6 months ago, just came back to play, found that all my 5 guilds are dead, 1/2 of my friends never showed up again, I thought dang it this game is dying. But a few days later I figured it is not like that, lots of new players/guilds are there as well. So impression is key, no one will play one game all alone.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Seeing many familiar GW2 guilds in AA…

Anyway, I think that GW2 WvW will be somewhat popular still. Its easy to join an hour or two, find constant conflict (ie EB) and get some fun out of it. Dont know if everyone share this opinion, but I think the problem for many veterans is that it gets old very fast. Its small, confined and we’ve literally seen every millimeter of it. We’ve taken the same keeps a million times over.

WvW has lost its charm. Yes, Anet did change it a bit (like the center part) but the core gameplay and visuals is exactly the same as on launch. EoTM just made everyone sad. Its completely separate from WvW. They could remove WvW and only have EoTM (or vice versa) – we wouldnt even be able to tell something is missing. Looking back and realizing that they could have used all that effort on EoTM, which is still an awesome piece of visual extravaganca, in recreating the WvW maps, renewing and reviving them… It just crushes you. Instead, they just toss us the scraps, like WvW commander colors. And it was pretty kitten close we had to cough up 300g per scrap that it probably took them days to implement.

But it doesnt really matter if GW2 is dying. The only cure is GW3. Even if Anet can somehow refresh WvW… its still going to be dying. We need bigger, better maps with more players. A more refined gameplay mode with supply and strategy, not to mention less unbalancing scoring method. More dynamic keeps that involve the player not only in upgrades, but also in its construction. Far more ties to actual guilds on the map, claiming land and keeps. I know Anet is capable of doing it in a new game with new tech… they’re just not capable of changing GW2.