Is WvW Forum being ignored by ANET?

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

After looking at alot of other sub forums its clear to see that WvW is neglected in terms of getting any official responses.

I get the feeling they have the attitude that WvW doesn’t matter as much as other parts of the game, however i know alot of people that purely play this game for WvW myself included.

Are we being ignored or are they simply not even checking what is being suggested/talked about here?

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Raistlin.3056

Raistlin.3056

agree.. im really angry about this.. is a absurdity

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

They have addressed a lot of the complaints already. People just don’t like the answer they give so they continue to complain about it.

Nightcapping? Doing nothing
Cross region? Doing nothing
Rendering? They’re working on it
Class balance? It’s an ongoing process
Hacking? Report it, they’ll investigate
Ascended? Adding alternate means in which to obtain

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Jedahs.2713

Jedahs.2713

youre wrong

they moderate posts very fast so they must be here

Jedahs, Sea of Sorrow’s 1st WvW Commander
Resigned Founder of Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC]
Join 1500+ WvWers @ blacklion.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

They have addressed a lot of the complaints already. People just don’t like the answer they give so they continue to complain about it.

Nightcapping? Doing nothing
Cross region? Doing nothing
Rendering? They’re working on it
Class balance? It’s an ongoing process
Hacking? Report it, they’ll investigate
Ascended? Adding alternate means in which to obtain

- Throwing siege on a destructible wall often pushes the siege through the wall
- Superior siege despawns on any updates
- Enemy guards appear in claimed towers (this time around it’s happening at Durios !)
- South camps have invulnerability zones underneath the cliffs by legendary defenders

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Those are all bugs, they don’t belong in WvW forum, they belong in the Bug Forum.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

zastari.1730

Those are all bugs, they don’t belong in WvW forum, they belong in the Bug Forum.

And the fact that they have been around since game release and still aren’t fixed indicates that obviously the programmers don’t really give a kitten about WvW. They are small bugs that some intern should be able to fix.

Now that I think of it, I can think of two minor changes ANet has made in WvW to actually fix something:

- Patching the terrain by SE camp spawn that allowed people to get underneath the map
- Patching the terrain by Garrison to prevent mesmers from blinking around the gate at watergate

I guess maybe the map design team reads this forum. Hi map team!

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Here is the single most successful aspect of their game and there is nothing planned to improve it at all.

Be nice for a little blog post or something. Just a post from some random guy called Habib last week about how he can’t fix culling, its too hard for him.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

zastari.1730

Here, I put all of the WvW bugs I know into a single thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Four-WvW-bugs/first#post821930

Put your support into it and let’s make them actually address this. Turning their focus on WvW will cause us to get more continued focus. If there are any minor bugs you know of that I missed, add them to the thread and I’ll put them in the OP once I confirm them.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

Our teams read this sub-forum very carefully every day, to gather your feedback and concerns.

However, due to the amount of threads & posts here, they can not answer to everyone or to every issues. But be sure that they are working very hard on this specific aspect of the game

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

WvW is > tPvP.

Sorry but GW2: Battlefield edition to me isn’t that difficult. You’ll never face more than 4:1 odds in it. Facing 25:1 odds is a heck of a lot more difficult IMO.

in WvW

Posted by: MoonSpell.4512

MoonSpell.4512

Hello,

Our teams read this sub-forum very carefully every day, to gather your feedback and concerns.

However, due to the amount of threads & posts here, they can not answer to everyone or to every issues. But be sure that they are working very hard on this specific aspect of the game

Sorry, but what ur team DID to WvW ? Except removing orbs?
It would be cool to have a list o all the reports/feedback that the players did, and the REAL actions that you (anet) did…

The players got this feeling of being ignored, not due the fact that a lot of the posts here stay without an official answer… But especially due the absence of real updates/fixes in WvW .

STARTED DOWN BELOW BUT NOW
GOING HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER….
~~ MoonSpell ~~ Guardien [FM][GC][VS]

in WvW

zastari.1730

But be sure that they are working very hard on this specific aspect of the game

A winkie-face doesn’t make us sure. The fact that a dev has told us more than a month ago that there are changes coming to WvW and they still haven’t been implemented is concerning (see thread titled “A Small Update”). The fact that basic WvW bugs aren’t being fixed is even more concerning. Vague posts and assurances aren’t sufficient right now.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

A winkie-face doesn’t make us sure. The fact that a dev has told us more than a month ago that there are changes coming to WvW and they still haven’t been implemented is concerning (see thread titled “A Small Update”). The fact that basic WvW bugs aren’t being fixed is even more concerning. Vague posts and assurances aren’t sufficient right now.

Maybe because they decided to work on something big and awesome for WvW and release it all in one large update?

You have no idea what they’re doing so trying to incite panic and complaining all the time isn’t going to get you anywhere.

Yes, some stuff in WvW needs fixing, yes. Not much has changed in it since the game launched. You’re a fool to think they’re not working on it though. Just because they don’t actively post here constantly doesn’t mean they’re just sat on their kitten twiddling their thumbs.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in WvW

zastari.1730

Maybe because they decided to work on something big and awesome for WvW and release it all in one large update?

You have no idea what they’re doing so trying to incite panic and complaining all the time isn’t going to get you anywhere.

Yes, some stuff in WvW needs fixing, yes. Not much has changed in it since the game launched. You’re a fool to think they’re not working on it though. Just because they don’t actively post here constantly doesn’t mean they’re just sat on their kitten twiddling their thumbs.

- Throwing siege on a destructible wall often pushes the siege through the wall
- Superior siege despawns on any patch updates
- Enemy guards appear in claimed towers (this time around it’s happening at Durios !)
- South camps have invulnerability zones underneath the cliffs by legendary defenders

Not actively fixing minor bugs that have been out since release looks a lot more like “sitting on their kitten twiddling their thumbs”

Maguuma

in WvW

Brunners.7251

You have no idea how easy to fix those bugs are.

They might look simple to someone who doesn’t know how the game is built. IT could be those things break something else more important and they need to find a fix for the entire thing.

You have NO idea what they’re doing or how they’re working so why do you automatically jump to the negative?

in WvW

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

Don’t forget the unlimited weapon siege exploit with 2 scheme never fix since the launch…

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

in WvW

zastari.1730

You have NO idea what they’re doing or how they’re working so why do you automatically jump to the negative?

Because I’m tired of throwing trebs through keep walls. Also because I’m tired of 10 skillpoints of siege disappearing from Stonemist after yet another patch update without any kind of warning.

You’re right that I have no idea what they’re doing because, well, I haven’t seen any results. The only results I’ve seen were what I mentioned earlier — terrain changes to prevent circumventing keep walls.

Maguuma

in WvW

Brunners.7251

Yeah well moaning on here isn’t doing anyone any good, is it?

You don’t know what they’re working on or what they’re doing.
You have no clue as to how simple or difficult those bugs are to fix.
You have no idea what the plan is for wvw.

So stop whining, it’s not getting anyone anywhere. To assume they’re not doing anything or ignoring wvw’ers is such an absurd conclusion.

EDIT: Also they nerfed the turtle tactic. So there’s something else.

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

Hello,

Cute, but lying to your customers dont make you any more trustworthy, neither will it make the people that play this game for the WvW stop making posts here.

The only thing that will make people shut up is either solid info or actions ingame. 3 months into the game, and Arenanet has shown neither so far.

So stop whining, it’s not getting anyone anywhere. To assume they’re not doing anything or ignoring wvw’ers is such an absurd conclusion.

The fact that they tell us NOTHING about future WvW updates, while they bring plenty of info about upcomming sPvP and PvE content tells me that we have nothing comming.

So far they have removed orbs and turtles. 2 things that didnt solve any issues, but instead rolled back the game.

The fact that they delayed that last reset with 1½ hour and didnt even care to inform anyone know about it, knowing that thousands of players were sitting around waiting for it shows how much they care. Even more when they during that same period made several tweets regarding pve kitten.

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

(edited by Smokee.1754)

in WvW

Posted by: Roezz.5460

Roezz.5460

I don’t think it’s ignored. It is a bit disconcerting when it says PvP in the patch notes and it refers exclusively to sPvP changes, yet doesn’t affect WvW. Since when is WvW not PvP (PvDoor jokes aside)?

Regardless, when people joke you have to theorycraft the patch notes to figure out what actually is changed, it’s not good. It also gives the wrong impression about WvW compared to sPvP.

(edited by Roezz.5460)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

[…]
Since when is WvW not PvP (PvDoor jokes aside)?
[…] .

W vs W = JQ

i had the hope that would be much! much! more, a brainstorm of infinite ideas could be aplied in the W vs W format.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Xenotor.1350

Xenotor.1350

well if you yell long enough for a good amount of time then someone will come and see whats all this fuss is about. Like it did with the Orbs. People yelled at the forums for weeks and they got removed.
I would call a-net slow at reacting to things. They have to come up faster with temp fixes like the orb removal.

in WvW

Posted by: jayderyu.3751

jayderyu.3751

@OP

You really didn’t spend much time in the Mesmer forum. I’ve seen Habib make posts in the WvW forum. They aren’t what I would say are frequent, but in the Mesmer forum. The Mesmer forum seems far more like a ghost town in comparison to the WvW. After hunting through the Mesmer forum there are from what I found 2 posts. One that was a transfer from another forum category and another about the Berserker damage nerf.

yeah. this place is more lavish than in comparison. However, I agree with the sentiment. ANet did say they wanted to be a lot closer to the community as that was the foundation of their game. Except there is little coming from the forum personal

I don’t need no stinking signature.

in WvW

Posted by: Toble.2968

Toble.2968

This is not a suggestion sub forum.

“Problems” with pvp dynamics or anything are not to be put here in and will not be responded to. This is a discussion sub-forum.

Do not blame the moderators because you complain about the culling issues and thieves and all sorts of things in WvW. In this sub-forum, they are mostly looking for and deleting and removing trash and inappropriate talk.

Please take your suggestions to the suggestion sub-forum.

Teal haired, Bifrost wearing, heal pooping, dot placing, noob.
| Epidemic
| Drenched

in WvW

Brunners.7251

Hello,

Cute, but lying to your customers dont make you any more trustworthy, neither will it make the people that play this game for the WvW stop making posts here.

The only thing that will make people shut up is either solid info or actions ingame. 3 months into the game, and Arenanet has shown neither so far.

The fact that they tell us NOTHING about future WvW updates, while they bring plenty of info about upcomming sPvP and PvE content tells me that we have nothing comming.

So far they have removed orbs and turtles. 2 things that didnt solve any issues, but instead rolled back the game.

The fact that they delayed that last reset with 1½ hour and didnt even care to inform anyone know about it, knowing that thousands of players were sitting around waiting for it shows how much they care. Even more when they during that same period made several tweets regarding pve kitten.

They HAVE told you stuff about WvW.

I remember very clearly them recently stating that they’re working very hard on big stuff for WvW and that everyone should be patient because they don’t want to promise anything before it’s ready.

in WvW

Posted by: iorlas.6721

iorlas.6721

They HAVE told you stuff about WvW.

I remember very clearly them recently stating that they’re working very hard on big stuff for WvW and that everyone should be patient because they don’t want to promise anything before it’s ready.

Ahh so they are working on “Big stuff”….very informative.

in WvW

Posted by: Nidhogg.2950

Nidhogg.2950

Hello,

Sorry, but what ur team DID to WvW ? Except removing orbs?
It would be cool to have a list o all the reports/feedback that the players did, and the REAL actions that you (anet) did…

The players got this feeling of being ignored, not due the fact that a lot of the posts here stay without an official answer… But especially due the absence of real updates/fixes in WvW .

If they had to answer every post here it would mean they wouldnt have time to code, let alone list all reactions to all possible feedback. There are people claiming something is OP while at the same time others are claiming its to weak, some report something is fine, others say it needs to be fixed.

Even if Anet had the time to read and listen to everything they could never agree or do what everyone said. And Im quite happy that they dont. All we can hope for is that we can give Anet some idea about what we want and what is going on that they might have missed.

I put more stock in the coders, whose livelyhood it is to make games, then I do in the opinions of the players. Before anyone feels insulted, I include myself amongst that player group.

Guildleader of Vitas, Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Brooke.9741

Brooke.9741

I think they have been imformative so far.
Though, in order to keep us imformed & not feel abandoned, a constuctive monthly update on the progress toward player concerns would be nice.

in WvW

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

ANet can make $$$ off of TPvP, what do you think they will pay more attention to? A bunch of people who play WvW and don’t have to pay money for rewards or the people who pay money to PvP?

Hmmmm?

We WvW players are an afterthought at this point.

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

A lot of commanders probably spent real money to get the hundred gold. It’s not like they don’t make money from us. Also, we all try multiple sets of gear to use in WvW. Buying gems and selling them is the fastest way to do that. WvW is a massive gold sink overall. You can make money doing it, but not as much money as you’d make if you stuck with pve. Capture a tower = 2 silver. Die once = 3s. Kill 10 players = make 0-2 badges. Flame ram = 6 badges. Alternative = 6s. Etc.

Problems:
Periodic lag during free trials/ events.
3s new build/auto-kick and losing siege.
Culling became an issue after the culling fix.
Throwing siege throw walls and doors.
Immunity walls.

Being out-manned could mean there’s 50 more players than your team of 10. This is handled in sPVP with auto-balancing (something people hate). In my opinion, for WvW, it should give the message: “Waiting for players” before letting more people in from a majority population server. The matching of certain teams vs each other is still way off. The larger zerg presence server always wins. Have it show # of free slots available on a map when you join a map or something.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: RuneEX.8612

RuneEX.8612

Fixing WvW probally isnt that easy guys.

Got to remember that the classes and gear run from PVE rules meaning any changes will effect them and can cause double the work if done wrong, thusly halting progress on other issues. Simple code is buggy/exploitable code.

Creating and expanding maps takes time too due to needing balancing and a good amount of playtesting. This stuff isnt that simple espically when a game has three, almost equally, large aspects to them.

in WvW

Posted by: Nut.4713

Nut.4713

Hello,

Oh good, a canned response, from a moderator who has nothing to do with developing the game. I’m placated for another 3 months.

Aeyden – Elementalist
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

If they made a list of things they were working on, they would still get the same type of response. A dev could post his every move from the time he arrived at work till the time he left, and it wouldn’t be enough for some people.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

in WvW

Posted by: djkittiek.7694

djkittiek.7694

The biggest hit was the attention to new PVE that drew WvW players out of the fight and has wrecked participation. Some of the higher tier servers haven’t had more than a 10 minute queue since the update.

They could have added WvW content alongside the update to draw players and keep them there, but apparently that wasn’t important.

in WvW

Posted by: Xyanide.8650

Xyanide.8650

“Adding brand new content to World vs. World as well as adding new reward progression.”

Hopefully this one is not like saying gw2 is not a gear grind game.

[Ele]Sereniah/[Nec]Xyanade
[NöPë] from Stormbluff Isle
In morte ultima veritas

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

“Adding brand new content to World vs. World as well as adding new reward progression.”

on the current news article

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior