Is the Gold League Pointless

in WvW

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

It seems to me that the gold league is basically a fight between Jade Quarry, Sanctum of Rall, and Blackgate. The other 3 servers are cannon fodder. My server, Sea of Sorrows, has a good chance of getting into the gold league, and it seems to me that there’s little point of trying if we get in the gold league. We could fight amazingly hard, and come in 6th, or do nothing….and come in 6th. It’s literally impossible for us to win. So it seems to me that it’s just 7 wasted weeks. The gold league should be the top 3 servers, period. Because that’s what it is now.

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Yes.

Transfer to, and stack a server.

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Better hit up that recruitment sub form buddy

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Becka Williams.4978

I don’t care about WvW. I certainly don’t want to leave my server so I can move to one that might win. I think the tournament’s pointless, and a long line of bad ideas from Anet that are poorly thought out, and poorly implement.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

All the leagues are pointless. When winning is determined by coverage, it means nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

All the leagues are pointless. When winning is determined by coverage, it means nothing.

Fact.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

I see both sides.
Yes it sucks the top 3 servers are so stacked that 4/5/6 will get pummeled.
But competitions and sports are like that.

Look at the NBA. Over the course of a 80 game season, does anyone think teams like Miami, Oklahoma City, San Antonio will ever finish behind teams like Toronto, Phoenix, or Milwaukee? No, but they play the season anyways.
Sure on any given night one of the weaker teams in basketball will prevail, much like in WvW the weaker side may hold a PPT advantage for an hour or two… but in the end, inevitably, the stronger side will prevail.
Getting beaten down isn’t the awesomest thing ever, but it’s certainly better than being the one doing the beating in WvW. At least when you’re losing there’s always a fight to be had. It really stinks getting home from work and ticking for 600+ all week like last week when we faced Yak’s Bend and NSP. It’s not like winning is a glorious feat. Anyone can transfer to tier 1 if they want. Go out for the fights and the chance to learn and see new things. Whichever 2 of FA/SoS/Mag/SBI make gold league, it’s a good chance to farm bags for 7 weeks!

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

which is why i always suggest reduce the map cap by half….. let those stacking suffer….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: chuuuuucky.8532

chuuuuucky.8532

I see both sides.

Look at the NBA. Over the course of a 80 game season, does anyone think teams like Miami, Oklahoma City, San Antonio will ever finish behind teams like Toronto, Phoenix, or Milwaukee? No, but they play the season anyways.
Sure on any given night one of the weaker teams in basketball will prevail, much like in WvW the weaker side may hold a PPT advantage for an hour or two… but in the end, inevitably, the stronger side will prevail.
Getting beaten down isn’t the awesomest thing ever, but it’s certainly better than being the one doing the beating in WvW. At least when you’re losing there’s always a fight to be had. It really stinks getting home from work and ticking for 600+ all week like last week when we faced Yak’s Bend and NSP. It’s not like winning is a glorious feat. Anyone can transfer to tier 1 if they want. Go out for the fights and the chance to learn and see new things. Whichever 2 of FA/SoS/Mag/SBI make gold league, it’s a good chance to farm bags for 7 weeks!

Pls no sport comparisons. What you describe is the result of skill and talent. What we have is the result of big wvw servers with 24/7 coverage vs. small server with let’s assume 6h coverage.
We have the same problem in T1 EU.
I would like to face high tier servers if the skill lag wasn’t so bad. It takes the fun out of beeing the underdog when all the skill is worth nothing because 80 man roflstomp you in a giant lag fest.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I see both sides.

Pls no sport comparisons. What you describe is the result of skill and talent. What we have is the result of big wvw servers with 24/7 coverage vs. small server with let’s assume 6h coverage.
I would like to face high tier servers if the skill lag wasn’t so bad. It takes the fun out of beeing the underdog when all the skill is worth nothing because 80 man roflstomp you in a giant lag fest.

WvW Gold league skill is in the recruiting, not in the playing.

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

The gold league is as pointless as any other league.
At least there’s 3 teams fighting for top spot in gold.

There will be 2 teams fighting for top spot in silver. Whichever 2 of SoS/FA/Mag/SBI don’t make gold. It’s not like 9-15 are going to have any chance to overthrow 7 and 8. Silver league is actually worse than gold. 7 and 8 crush 9-15 just as much as 1-3 crush 4-6.

Bronze, I have no idea, but I imagine if Kaineng drops to 16, they will be the clear favorites.

Which is why 1-3 should have their own league.
And let 4-9 fight it out. TC would be the clear favorite, but at least it would be somewhat interesting.

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

There will be 2 teams fighting for top spot in silver. Whichever 2 of SoS/FA/Mag/SBI don’t make gold. It’s not like 9-15 are going to have any chance to overthrow 7 and 8. Silver league is actually worse than gold. 7 and 8 crush 9-15 just as much as 1-3 crush 4-6.

Yep, there needs to be more reward/incentive for the two crappier sides to join forces rather than #2 trying to batter #3 harder than #1 batters them.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Gold: high coverage – blobs, lag, good/horrible skill. Never fought any of the top 3. Can’t gauge if it’s fun. I just know that skill lag fights aren’t worth the effort.

Silver: med-high coverage – good fights on occasion, still imbalanced NA vs Oceanic.

Bronze: low-medium coverage – Never been in that league. Though I would say far less skill as a majority because of all of the transfers. Youtube videos I see from these servers are usually of someone destroying mass baddies to show how their class is good/op, and ruining the game for everyone else when the nerfs come.

IMO 60 enemy players should be the cut-off point for the average computer before it gets too laggy to be considered a fair fight. The average 3 way in stonemist with 3 queues, you are lagging from the spawn area and this lasts until over 100 players have left the center of the map, either from death, or SM capping and they retreat. From silver up you will often see 80+ of enemy players on top of your own players. This results in no actual skill taking place, just luck, or greater numbers triumphing 90% of the time.

These things have been mentioned countless times, and the only thing I’ve heard so far to address this is overflow in WvW, but apparently that was just a bug.

I would like to know whether Anet has decided they want to have 300 people fighting each other at the same time be possible, or if they are going to work on a change so that there’s more skill involved, making the GPU load, and server lag easier to manage?

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Why would ArenaNet reward people who make an effort when they can reward people who pay them money to transfer?

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

While I agree that it should be BG, SoR, JQ in their own league, you do see that there are 3 or 4 servers fighting to get INTO the Gold League. They’re not tanking to drop down to the Silver. I would much rather be #6 than #7.

Regarding 2v1, I’ve written about it many times before. No idea why people refuse to do it. Sure it would be nice if there were some incentive to gang up on the stronger server but there’s not. So we should just do it for the fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Sobiech.9613

Sobiech.9613

Yes.

Transfer to, and stack a server.

So much this. We as players created this problem. Anet can’t fix it by forcing people to move. They are trying to keep WvW interesting. Go ahead and be mad at them for it.

Reine Tovar [HoTR] – Mesmer
Aerika [HoTR] – Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

But it’s the Gold™ League of 2013 so clearly, judging by the name, they’re olympic medalists and professional players.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

While I agree that it should be BG, SoR, JQ in their own league,

Having BG, SoR and JQ in their own league just validates their tactics of stacking. There’s no guarantee that you will see a #1v#2v#3 matchup in the 7 week season. Even if you do, there’s going to be 6 other weeks of 1v1v0 in one match and 1v0v0 in the other. I’m hoping that TC and whoever is #5 and #6 just don’t show up for season one and it forces Anet to bring about server balance quicker. (not likely because this has been an issue since week one).

you do see that there are 3 or 4 servers fighting to get INTO the Gold League. They’re not tanking to drop down to the Silver.

Nobody’s fighting to get into Gold League. DB imploded and is in freefall, SoS and FA both lost players to T1 servers (not as much as DB), to the point they might drop below SbI and Mag depending on the matchups tonight. Whoever from SoS, FA, SbI and Mag gets a T1 server or TC will go up in rating and will be in Gold League.

I would much rather be #6 than #7.

You might, but it will be bad for your server. A guaranteed 7 weeks of having your peak time enter WvW and finding that all your keeps are T3 and owned by the T1 servers. You’ll also find that only the hardcore WvW players and guilds show up on Monday-Thursday and they’ll be recruited to leave the server by the T1 guilds. After 6-7 weeks of this you just might find that one hardcore guild decides to jump to T1 for “better fights” and it will cause a chain reaction of defections and you’ll wish you were back in the Silver League.

At least the top of the Silver League will get more players from the PvE base to join in the winning. Some of them might end up liking WvW and joining a WvW focused guild. Then there’s chance some guilds might want to transfer to a winner and you’ll fix some of your coverage issues and be better all around.

in WvW

Johje Holan.4607

While I agree that it should be BG, SoR, JQ in their own league,

Having BG, SoR and JQ in their own league just validates their tactics of stacking. There’s no guarantee that you will see a #1v#2v#3 matchup in the 7 week season. Even if you do, there’s going to be 6 other weeks of 1v1v0 in one match and 1v0v0 in the other. I’m hoping that TC and whoever is #5 and #6 just don’t show up for season one and it forces Anet to bring about server balance quicker. (not likely because this has been an issue since week one).

you do see that there are 3 or 4 servers fighting to get INTO the Gold League. They’re not tanking to drop down to the Silver.

Nobody’s fighting to get into Gold League. DB imploded and is in freefall, SoS and FA both lost players to T1 servers (not as much as DB), to the point they might drop below SbI and Mag depending on the matchups tonight. Whoever from SoS, FA, SbI and Mag gets a T1 server or TC will go up in rating and will be in Gold League.

I would much rather be #6 than #7.

You might, but it will be bad for your server. A guaranteed 7 weeks of having your peak time enter WvW and finding that all your keeps are T3 and owned by the T1 servers. You’ll also find that only the hardcore WvW players and guilds show up on Monday-Thursday and they’ll be recruited to leave the server by the T1 guilds. After 6-7 weeks of this you just might find that one hardcore guild decides to jump to T1 for “better fights” and it will cause a chain reaction of defections and you’ll wish you were back in the Silver League.

At least the top of the Silver League will get more players from the PvE base to join in the winning. Some of them might end up liking WvW and joining a WvW focused guild. Then there’s chance some guilds might want to transfer to a winner and you’ll fix some of your coverage issues and be better all around.

1. Nothing is going to make people spread out – they are on T1 for a reason. I’d bet they’ll quit before transferring down. So just give them their own league.

2. Of course it all comes down to who fights who regarding whether you gain rating or lose rating. So yes, the RNG roll will determine who gets into Gold. However, at least Mag, SoS and SBI are fighting hard in whatever match they get in order to get into Gold.

3. Honestly, both are probably bad for my server.

Silver will be a boring snorefest except for a couple of matches. Which would make us rusty and perhaps cause more hardcore people and guilds to look elsewhere or just quit. And may bring in more transfers looking for rewards and easy wins.

Gold – like you said. However, we have suffered mass exodus before and honestly, it wouldn’t be bad to be in mid tiers fighting BP, Ebay, IoJ, Yaks, CD. Heck, I envy the BP, IoJ, CD match this week – that would be awesome to be a part of.

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

The delightful people working the system already stated that they want to ensure “variety”, which prevents the logical step of keeping T1 in their own league despite

1. That having been the case forever and hardly anybody complaining about “stagnant matchups” in T1
2. People in T1 complaining when they don’t get the JQ/BG/SoR matchup because whoever drops to T2 dies of boredom for the week
3. All the transferring and stacking being for that exact JQ/BG/SoR matchup
4. Everyone and their mom saying that keeping kitten their own league is ideal

NOPE. Dev-man says variety is good. “Data” suggests people want “variety”. We need another season to collect more “data”.

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

1. Nothing is going to make people spread out – they are on T1 for a reason. I’d bet they’ll quit before transferring down. So just give them their own league.

That’s the main problem with WvW, and has been for over a year. Anet realizes this and has stated it’s the biggest issue with WvW. Like Bloodlust, it’s unwise to roll out leagues when servers are unbalanced.

2. Of course it all comes down to who fights who regarding whether you gain rating or lose rating. So yes, the RNG roll will determine who gets into Gold. However, at least Mag, SoS and SBI are fighting hard in whatever match they get in order to get into Gold.

At least SoS and Mag have had a taste what a gold league match would be like. It’s fun for a while, then it just becomes monotonous inevitability.

3. Honestly, both are probably bad for my server.

Silver will be a boring snorefest except for a couple of matches. Which would make us rusty and perhaps cause more hardcore people and guilds to look elsewhere or just quit. And may bring in more transfers looking for rewards and easy wins.

Gold – like you said. However, we have suffered mass exodus before and honestly, it wouldn’t be bad to be in mid tiers fighting BP, Ebay, IoJ, Yaks, CD. Heck, I envy the BP, IoJ, CD match this week – that would be awesome to be a part of.

Winning does bring out the fairweathers, it’s just up to the regulars to encourage them to join the WvW community so that you can increase your hardcore members from within, rather than have to rely on fickle mercenaries.

Winning also lessens the chance that players will leave. The guilds that leave usually are the ones that are tired of being outmanned during their peak time, or are the ones that have to retake everything during their peak time. Guilds leave because of the imbalance, not because of a better community or better fights or whatever excuse is given.

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

Honestly, i’m starting to think this is some psychological experiment lol – from another thread – I saw that the t1 servers were getting ques at 90 players per map – Last night my server …a bronze league server – I was in que and there was only like 50 people on our map. Now the developers don’t want to release that cap number – which makes no sense at all. You would think if they wanted to balance the game they would let us know how many people to rally from our server. Some servers are obviously marked to stay low level. – sure call it a conspiracy theory, but as long as these caps are “secret information” – it’s a valid theory. The leagues are fixed and the only possible explanation is someone is curious to see how we’d react.

or maybe an even simpler explanation is that they do this to conserve resources or keep fights relatively balanced ?

I don’t know but I was in que and no way did we have 90 players on our map, which is where the t1 servers say they start to que. makes me feel like even if we could rally those numbers – these restrictions would keep us out of competing.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

I see both sides.

WvW Gold league skill is in the recruiting, not in the playing.

W.A.I.

In the big discussion on off-peak capping post launch week, the Anet WvW dev (maybe Mike O’Brien?) told us flat out to recruit off-peak guilds if we wanted to compete.

WvW is hardcore, except when it’s not.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: Mike.5091

Mike.5091

I don’t care about WvW. I certainly don’t want to leave my server so I can move to one that might win. I think the tournament’s pointless, and a long line of bad ideas from Anet that are poorly thought out, and poorly implement.

Why open a thread and complain about something you don’t care about? Oo

in WvW

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Dunno why the hell JQ/BG/SoR didn’t get their own League, that’s pretty much what it’s been for the last ~8 months.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Just some quiet advice for SoS in preparation for Gold League: Try to convince your players that running zerkers = bad. Your zergs basically evaporated in every battle I experienced because the majority of your players are wearing burst stats.

Every time a friendly dies, they rally enemy downed. Running burst stats in zerging guarantees you will lose, no strategy needed.

in WvW

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Honestly, i’m starting to think this is some psychological experiment lol – from another thread – I saw that the t1 servers were getting ques at 90 players per map – Last night my server …a bronze league server – I was in que and there was only like 50 people on our map. Now the developers don’t want to release that cap number – which makes no sense at all. You would think if they wanted to balance the game they would let us know how many people to rally from our server. Some servers are obviously marked to stay low level. – sure call it a conspiracy theory, but as long as these caps are “secret information” – it’s a valid theory. The leagues are fixed and the only possible explanation is someone is curious to see how we’d react.

or maybe an even simpler explanation is that they do this to conserve resources or keep fights relatively balanced ?

I don’t know but I was in que and no way did we have 90 players on our map, which is where the t1 servers say they start to que. makes me feel like even if we could rally those numbers – these restrictions would keep us out of competing.

The way sor, jq, and bg consume guilds, there’s no conspiracy needed to explain long queues.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I see both sides.

In professional sports they don’t let the winners of the SuperBowl play junior college teams.

in WvW

Chris.3290

While I agree that it should be BG, SoR, JQ in their own league, you do see that there are 3 or 4 servers fighting to get INTO the Gold League. They’re not tanking to drop down to the Silver. I would much rather be #6 than #7.

Regarding 2v1, I’ve written about it many times before. No idea why people refuse to do it. Sure it would be nice if there were some incentive to gang up on the stronger server but there’s not. So we should just do it for the fun.

If we both get into Gold or we roll TC or higher tonight (but I repeat myself); let’s open some dialogue on that. I’d rather see us team up than tear each other apart.

in WvW

Chris.3290

Just some quiet advice for SoS in preparation for Gold League: Try to convince your players that running zerkers = bad. Your zergs basically evaporated in every battle I experienced because the majority of your players are wearing burst stats.

Every time a friendly dies, they rally enemy downed. Running burst stats in zerging guarantees you will lose, no strategy needed.

Wow thanks, we never thought of telling our militia about that. We were also thinking about all rolling upleveled sword/sword mesmers with Shaman gear; have opinions there?

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

i’m a great sword / with alt sword / sword mesmer – I love it ….the amount of damage I can do to all targets in front of me is intense – but the build is not easy because you are very squishy – any bit of lag will kill you as the only real way to run this build is glass cannon and using your clones / wave – pushing skills / and distortions as armor. Timing is everything with this build. Plus you have to know when to stand still to confuse your opponent, then suddenly start jumping around to create more clones. so it can be psychological too in an effort to confuse the enemy.

it’s a very Jet Li build as you will find yourself doing damage while doing somersaults over the enemy to cast more clones.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Johje Holan.4607

If we both get into Gold or we roll TC or higher tonight (but I repeat myself); let’s open some dialogue on that. I’d rather see us team up than tear each other apart.

I’d be willing to try. I’m not a commander or leader on SBI but I’ll bring it up on our fourms.

We were actually able to do it once with us and Mag against DB on DB’s BL. It just happened organically without talking about it. It was great fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

While the players on T1 all know they have the only shot as it presently stands based on the information we have (unless there is information that tells ranking will be done otherwise) …

One of them will win it. However not all of them will actually get the rewards for completing the meta achievement. It’s not being on server = getting reward. nor is it be on server and get in once in a while.

In any event, it will be a whole lot of fun starting tonight, and as information is leaked out.

Until … may your battles be full and treasures be exotic. GLHF

Oh and 2v1’s from servers happen all the time. Officially and unofficially. SBI & DB would be welcomed by TC. We’re trained by JQ, BG, and SoR. So whatever you can do they can do better and they can do everything better than you.

Will be sure to note this thread in our TC forums. Your welcomed to come lurk there too.We like frenemies.

~X

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

It depends on ANET. If they listen to the forums and put the top 3 in their own league, then it will be fun. If they keep the gold league as 1-6, it will fail. It really depends on ANET at this point.

in WvW

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

Yuuuup.

While the league system is poorly thought out, the basic problem is how score is kept in the first place, which needs to be fixed before leagues or whatever are even realistically considered.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Anet wont put the top 3 into there own league and the 3-6 into another. Thats just silly. If they did make a change, I’d say 1-3 (big dogs or boss hogs), 4-9 (TC, SoS, Mags, FA, DB, SBI), then the rest – that might work?

But pretty sure that would cause another delay.

.. May leagues carry on as is, there is really no need to change. You will never apease everyone. Before you give them what they want, they will ask for more or other things.

Just have some good fights, kick back and enjoy the battles.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Chris.3290

The problem with 1-3, is that they would be forced to admit that there is no competition from anything less than the top 3; and in admitting the problem they admit their complicity. From there, they have to give a reason for continued inaction; and in the end they have to admit that they are going to take all the money from gem sales and spend it on hookers and blow. (j/k, plz don’t infract me)

in WvW

Posted by: PhoenixDown.5467

PhoenixDown.5467

Yep, there needs to be more reward/incentive for the two crappier sides to join forces rather than #2 trying to batter #3 harder than #1 batters them.

Easy. No need for even a ‘reward’. Add the bloody chat between servers so there can be actual politics and alliances. Drama would be welcomed too. Would make the WvW a bit more interesting at least.

in WvW

Becka Williams.4978

There was cross server chat in the beginning. I’m sure it lead, mostly, to trash talking, which is why they got rid of it. When you have people from a server that knock someone off a ledge to kill them, jump down, and start spamming candy specifically so they can vomit on the corpse, who need cross server chat when those kind of people are on the other side?

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

No it isn’t pointless. How about, whenever one of the top 3 teams faces two of the bottom 3 teams, the bottom 2 double team that top tier team the whole week. Us bottom 3 might not have a chance to win, but we sure can cause havok for the top 3.

Also, if we double team, there is a better chance for one of the 2 lower servers to pull out an upset that week. Just need to make sure that we don’t turn against each other, and focus fire on the higher server.

They can be beaten. But it will take effort on our part. It sure would be fun to try.

in WvW

Becka Williams.4978

Sure. And, who’s going to come in second, when servers team up? Are you volunteering your server, Andrew?

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

This isn’t true. I think league 2, and to a greater degree, league 3 will be mildly entertaining.

League 1(gold) is indeed going to be lame. It is going to destroy the servers that have to regularly go against the tier 1 servers.

in WvW

Posted by: HoboLyra.4908

HoboLyra.4908

Putting the top 3 in their own league or keeping it as it is- TC is screwed either way.

Own league: TC will get bored with the crud we see for fights and that’s no fun.
Not separated: TC is stomped my T1, and that’s no fun.

Well drat. =P

-Tarnished Coast-
Obsidian Spire OS / EXS

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Putting the top 3 in their own league or keeping it as it is- TC is screwed either way.

Own league: TC will get bored with the crud we see for fights and that’s no fun.
Not separated: TC is stomped my T1, and that’s no fun.

Well drat. =P

Indeed. I play on TC as well. It seems like I will be forced to transfer off. A good match up simply doesn’t exist ATM for us. We are either stomping or being stomped.

in WvW

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

Eh we have plenty of room on SOR. we haven’t been buying guilds like BG.

Last time a population comparison was given from an Anet dev, SOR was said to have a similar population to Fort Aspenwood.

in WvW

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Personally I like being outnumbered, target rich environment is fun, I play more for the killing players in pvp, than for objective taking though.

in WvW

Johje Holan.4607

Sure. And, who’s going to come in second, when servers team up? Are you volunteering your server, Andrew?

Irrelevant. We have to stop thinking this way.

If two servers from 4 – 6 go up against a 1-3 server the 1-3 server is going to win no matter what. Servers 4-6 are going to come in 4th – 6th place no matter what in the final standings in the leagues. It doesn’t matter who gets 2nd and 3rd.

What a 2v1 would allow is a match that is more fun to play. What is the complaint that everyone has? That they get stomped – not in score necessarily but that its not fun to play because the other side so vastly outnumbers them.

Well guess what? If #5 and #6 queue #1’s home BL, they have twice as many people as #1. They can have good fights that way on that BL.

in WvW

Becka Williams.4978

If two servers from 4 – 6 go up against a 1-3 server the 1-3 server is going to win no matter what. Servers 4-6 are going to come in 4th – 6th place no matter what in the final standings in the leagues. It doesn’t matter who gets 2nd and 3rd.

What a 2v1 would allow is a match that is more fun to play. What is the complaint that everyone has? That they get stomped – not in score necessarily but that its not fun to play because the other side so vastly outnumbers them.

Well guess what? If #5 and #6 queue #1’s home BL, they have twice as many people as #1. They can have good fights that way on that BL.

I’m sure the 4-6 servers will enjoy playing for 4-6th place for 7 weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

I’m sure the 4-6 servers will enjoy playing for 4-6th place for 7 weeks.

Maybe not the servers – they are virtual worlds – but the players there will enjoy it for sure.

Do you realize the excitement when you have a 320 ppt against the nr.1 server in NA even if it’s only for 20 mins ? When you were r14 a month ago ? The overall score matters not – we will get crushed over the week, when SoR manages to get the WvWers past their queues or when SoS oceanic tsunami wakes up – but it will be glorious !

in WvW

Posted by: Asguard.4621

Asguard.4621

Anet would need to measure the wvw population to fix anything,
they have been trying to fix it for a while… first free transfers anytime ruined, cause of enemy world players trolling siege cap, weekly free transfers were the same then paid transfers came and everyone said to themselves I want easy wins by blobbing up 70+ against 20+ can only hit 1 key cause nothing else works with this lag but at least Im steam rolling those 20+ noobs its so much fun,

looks like its not mostly anets fault but the players, although ideas like Blood Lust aka Blob Lust just gives more fun to the 70+ because less 1 key presses.

The way WvW is going is nothing to do with skill but on how fast you can smack your head off the keyboard.