Is this fun?

Is this fun?

in WvW

Posted by: MistyMountains.3751

MistyMountains.3751

Honestly there are always going to be unfair server match ups…I had a idea a while back that id love to see Wvw turned into a large spvp map where players from all servers can either pug join or u could create ur own team to que…where wvw would be fought in rounds u fight against X and Y team and first to (say 500) points wins…point intake would be similar to how capture points work and current wvw works, by gaining points per places owned every 15 mins

in theory this would balance wvw to player skill and not server population and team match ups would change a lot more frequently…only problem is no one would spend gold on a hour long match (or however short it was) that would need adjusting)

Is this fun?

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Honestly there are always going to be unfair server match ups…

But not the the extent that we currently have – with shameless guilds transferring to already winning servers, and Arenanet being complicit in exacerbating the problem.

I had a idea a while back that id love to see Wvw turned into a large spvp map

I would prefer WvW turned into a big campaign, but I’m not sure how this could be achieved.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Is this fun?

in WvW

Posted by: Kendu Kuzal.3985

Kendu Kuzal.3985

I think WvWvW should remain a public queue as it is now. Making it SPvP or campaign style would take away from the server community and pride. Aside from that though, I think a lot of what is being discussed here is important for ANet to consider. A lot of major problems that need fixed. These aren’t combat balance issues, they’re mechanics, engine and logistical issues that can really ruin things for the playerbase.

Is this fun?

in WvW

Posted by: Windtalker.2609

Windtalker.2609

It is not fun. I mostly play Gw2 for the WvW. I’m gonna take a little break for a week or two, to see if things change a little.

I really love WvW when it is competitive. I really hope they come up with a way to make WvW fun again.

Is this fun?

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

The game really needs a “report afk” feature in WvW. You can’t really say someone’s botting when they are just afk at the waypoint. But we need them out of the match so that others in queue can get in faster.

That aside, the matches need to allow far less inbalance of players against each other. A 60 man zerg vs a 15 man one shows the %s are way off in what can be flooded into a map for an auto-win. People are going to transfer regardless, but something that stops mass out-numbering on a map would stop people feeling like they need to transfer to enjoy the game.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Is this fun?

in WvW

Posted by: willwill.9318

willwill.9318

so i got “infracted” for saying at level 80 if they don’t have a progression mechanism there is no retention. i dare 1 dev to come here and tell me that progression !=retention

www.the-darkhand.com <DDH>

Is this fun?

in WvW

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

our server was like kodash on the picture on score but in the evening ruins of surmia managed to take back the lead big time after all commanders and most players had left.

Is this fun?

in WvW

Posted by: nysta.6713

nysta.6713

nsp is getting crushed. i’m having the time of my life.

Is this fun?

in WvW

Posted by: Snort.3698

Snort.3698

The issue is not that we have too many server transfers but too few.

For better or for worse WvWvW is 24/7.

The best way to be successful in the face of this fact is for there to me massive transfers.

Keeping transfers open will build pvp not destroy it.

if you have a time period that you are weak in see if you can encourage other guilds into.

or indeed do as we did, the reverse, find a server with a hole in its coverage and Plug it.

I have tried this and it works, I moved to Blacktide on Monday when it was 60k points behind because I saw it as a server with potential and it was not possible to recruit on to our previous server.

Consolidate or die.

So far it is delivering on this with some awesome fights.

Snorth Tufmudda – The UnNamed _ThUn.
Project Blacktide 24/7 http://tinyurl.com/a3unn9b

Is this fun?

in WvW

Posted by: fefner.5729

fefner.5729

I agree with the OP the game just isn’t fun anymore, those fixes you stated were also spot on, the only thing i would add is the the maps need to be much bigger. It’s far to easy for a zerg to get from one side to another due to all the area speed skills/spells available. I will also agree with anyone who wants to see the dreaded downed system go, it’s horrible and only worked in Left For Dead, it’s not a mmo mechanic.

Is this fun?

in WvW

Svarty.8019

Still we have Pac-Man happening, purely because of the transfers.

Whole guilds are nomadically moving from server to server each week, leaving other servers weakened for the next matchup (which is therefore an inappropriate matchup).

Arenanet dropped the ball massively. It smacks of utter incompetence and is extremely frustrating.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Is this fun?

in WvW

Svarty.8019

Pac-Man again this week, with the ticks currently at;
and

This is your ladder system after three months of self-adjustment and only one-week (not the two-week as promised pre-launch) matchups, Arenanet. The problem is caused by transfers, please please end free transfers today.

Is this fun?

in WvW

Posted by: revial.2938

revial.2938

I’ve tried, and tried, and tried, and am completely failing to see this from the viewpoint of Anet, as to why they haven’t removed free server transfers. All the BS about playing with friends is just that: BS. You can play with “friends” already, without transferring servers, it’s WvWvW that is sorely affected by server transfers, and there is not even one remotely compelling reason that I’ve heard for people to be allowed to freely transfer servers due to WvWvW.

Normally, even if I vehemently disagree, I can at least sort of understand why something is being done, but Anet’s refusal to budge on server transfers just leaves me all ???

Anyways, there’s been about a billion posts with suggestions concerning server transfers, so you have to assume Anet has some idea that it could be improved. I further assume they’re not completely stupid, so I can only conclude they’re purposefully leaving server transfers free because they actually think it adds to the global WvWvW experience. I 100% disagree, but this viewpoint is the only reason I can think of for why they allow server transfers.

Is this fun?

in WvW

Svarty.8019

I can only conclude they’re purposefully leaving server transfers free because they actually think it adds to the global WvWvW experience. I 100% disagree, but this viewpoint is the only reason I can think of for why they allow server transfers.

Instead of investing lots of time and effort making bodges and sticking-plaster fixes for February, they are waiting until then to ban transfers.

And that’s the WvW patch.

Is this fun?

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Maybe idea is that all WvWvW players transfer top tier servers. I don’t really know.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Is this fun?

in WvW

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

Well they are not on my server that’s for sure.
Always see guilds leaving, never joining my server.
Guess GW2 PVP is working as intended.

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

Is this fun?

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

They could always just remove the score? Is a winner really neccesary when winning and losing determines nothing? Potential points at any one time could determine bonuses, ie the potential point leader after 10 rounds get plus 2 to salvaging rare materials, or whatever. I bring this up because I think that even in the most insane score differentials there are times when both sides are actually quite equal.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

Is this fun?

in WvW

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Oh, it’s fun.
For those who are winning.

It’s a lot of factors adding up together to make battles so boring to the point that people just quit.

One of the worst issues is how effective is being in a crowd over absolutely anything else.
You thrash anything, there’s simply no tactic against it, and it comes with the added advantage of being able to defeat anything before the client even receives any news about enemies being around..

Someone you can’t see should not be able to see you, or interact with you in any way, until both clients say “Hey, we are seeing each other” to the server, unless it’s because of stealth.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Is this fun?

in WvW

Svarty.8019

Someone you can’t see should not be able to see you, or interact with you in any way, until both clients say “Hey, we are seeing each other” to the server, unless it’s because of stealth.

That doesn’t make sense either. I’m sure you can imagine the complaint, “I couldn’t shoot this guy because he had a slow internet connection”.