Is this kind of dueling against the rules?

in WvW

Posted by: VoxShatterfall.5470

VoxShatterfall.5470

Guys, I’m sorry for asking – but PLEASE quantify whether or not dueling is bad for WvW progress.

Saying its bad or good is not constructive.

This should be a discussion on what ppt effect dueling has.

Commander Vox Shatterfall / Ward Zabach / Ifrit the Immolated
Angry Intent | Multiple Servers
WTB Razor Blade Free Candy!

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

The problem here is you’re getting far too worked up about points. Lopez’s argument can be pretty well condensed to “points > fun”.

The argument that “botters enjoy botting and griefers enjoy griefing therefore enjoyment and fun are not valid measures for what should be in the game” is stupid beyond words (quick, quick, you can say Ad Hominem Lopez, that way you can ignore everything else I say).
Enjoyment and fun are always the only meaningful measure of whether something should be in a game. That’s the entire purpose of a game. The reason botting and griefing are not encouraged is that they have a greater negative impact on the enjoyment of other players than the positive enjoyment they bring for those that participate. If botting didn’t screw up the game’s economy and ruin the fun of those who enjoy farming or playing the trading post (not to mention filling the pockets of gold-sellers), then actually botting would be perfectly acceptable.

But if enjoyment isn’t a good enough metric for you, why don’t you tell us what should instead be used to measure the validity of ingame activities? Please, please say points and confirm what I said at the start.

Another thing to consider; duelers are usually amongst the best players on a server. I’m not saying all the best players are duelers, don’t misunderstand. But these are the guys who can bust open zergs with a quarter their numbers, ninja keeps, and solo all the camps in under 15 mins. And then they take an hour or two out of their week to duel for a change of scene and to hone skills, and you think this should be stopped? If you think driving away and killing the motivation of some of the best players on your server is going to help your server…… I won’t finish that sentence, otherwise Lopez will whip out Ad hominem again. ‘cos if you use latin, you don’t have to engage with the rest of someone’s argument

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

(edited by Ragnar.4257)

in WvW

Posted by: Eastevil.1534

Eastevil.1534

I’d like to see these rules you speak of. Otherwise your whole argument doesn’t have a leg to stand on.

Is duelling constructive to the ppt in wvw? no. Is this against the rules? no.

in WvW

Posted by: Cosmos The Cat.2954

Cosmos The Cat.2954

The JP’s seriously need to be removed from WvW along with the POI’s, vistas, SPs..

TC Thief
[DIS][STAR]

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Well surely the enemy server is also going to be lower on numbers participating in WvW activities, because they also have players involved in this duel too. I don’t think you’re at any particular disadvantage.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Icelut.3509

Icelut.3509

Lopez this has really gone far enough.. You are not in a position to tell people how they should spend time in the game or for that matter how to have fun.. People obviously are having fun dueling and that is why they will continue to do it. Not everyone enjoys PvDoor (me included) I much prefer to roam and look for smaller fights. Dueling gives players the opportunity to “hone” their skills whilst having fun. Even through observing other players dueling you can pick up some new tricks. I don’t believe that dueling causes major issues for WvW though I am hopeful that they introduce it into the game mechanics at some point as there are a few people on my own server that I would like the opportunity to duel outside Spvp.

Dueling isn’t against the ToS . and btw who is guarding that keep while you are on here having a whinge? You play the game how you want and leave the rest of us to do the same.

in WvW

Posted by: Novalight.7568

Novalight.7568

Waitwait, you’re comparing dueling to botting and griefing? Now THAT’S funny.

Yes. Botting in battlegrounds/warzones/warfronts is actually a perfect comparison. PvP botters are people who take up a slot and contribute little-to-nothing to a group and justify their actions with selfish reasons.

Sorry to say, but I think you need to visit a doctor of somekind. Preferrably one that deals with psyche.

As people said, guilds that do GvG are in WvW a lot. I mean, why would they (we) go and PVP some PVE guild they never saw. On the other hand, your kitten comments would hold true for the guilds/people that don’t attack and defend only run around and kill enemies (I guess indirectly helping, but not really influencing the score much).

Last but not least, if 50 man group took off their clothes and suicided all over the WvW map, it’s their choice and right. There’s no rules (exept the TOS) how to play the game. If people would do it all the time it would be annoying but it’s a game, it’s supposed to be fun and if your definition of fun (score hurr) isn’t the same as someone elses…well, tough luck.

P.S. I still can’t believe someone can be serious about top (and other) WvW guilds wasting spots in WvW if they decide to have some fun. If those same guilds left your server/WvW, you’d be back on forums crying WvW score is low and what not?

“GW2 takes everything you love about GW1” – M. O’Brien
“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“The most important thing in any game should be the player” – R. Soesbee

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

Since this thread is not inviting to constructive and healthy discussion, it is now closed.

Thank you for your understanding.