in WvW

Posted by: Trypeon.6281

Trypeon.6281

One more day, and nothing …..

Issues granting Season reward chests

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

Seems like instead of trying to fix the problem it would be cheaper to just mail everyone that says they didnt get it a handful of crummy greens and be done with it.

in WvW

Posted by: Eve.4819

Eve.4819

Still waiting for the chest as well

in WvW

Posted by: ballymun.3986

ballymun.3986

Still waiting here also…

Not a great big deal, I played to win for the guild and server rather than any reward and I got my enjoyment out of that for the 7 weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: Alex.8230

Alex.8230

Any update from a dev regarding those who still haven’t received the season chests?

Xela Ross
[SYN] Synmortalis
EU Seafarers Rest

in WvW

Posted by: mechanicalman.8645

mechanicalman.8645

I can understand where the dev’s are coming from with working on “fixing” the problem, but at the same time for those of us that haven’t received anything there should be some sort of compensation while we continue to wait or just issue replacement chests this time while continuing to work out the bugs.

Grenth’s Agent of Death

in WvW

Posted by: Trypeon.6281

Trypeon.6281

One more week and like all the time nothing

It’s very very very …..

You like my Visa Card …….. sorry now it’s time too sleep

in WvW

Posted by: LordDeath.4592

LordDeath.4592

When it will be given a chest behind WvW season 1? It feels like we were forgotten about! Has been quite some time since the end of the season, and awards still no.

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Not today, for a start. Depends how long their Christmas break is but I wouldn’t be surprised to see this delayed until after New Year.

in WvW

Posted by: loomext.2830

loomext.2830

21 days and still nothing

in WvW

Posted by: BadNYDracula.8413

BadNYDracula.8413

Dont belive that there will come anything. Just not many people that have this Problem so thats why Arenanet doesnt care. I allways was telling the people that the ANet Teams doing there best, and there doing it good. Now i dont belive my one words anymore, thx Arenanet for nothing. I dont care if you didnt get the change to fix the Problem, but a littel heads up for the people would be nice.

in WvW

Posted by: hmsgoddess.3869

hmsgoddess.3869

I’m hoping now that the holidays are over this will again be looked at. The patch they said they placed in a prior update didn’t work. There are plenty of people this affected, I’m sure they are working on this solution. Sometimes, we need to practice some patience, coding can be a real nightmare.

~ Emma Vine Sixty Nine Shades Of [NUDE] – Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Chris Barrett

Previous

Chris Barrett

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Here’s our current status on granting the missing Season reward chests. If you’re still in the same region (NA or EU) as you were when the Season began, you’re in situation A. Otherwise, you’re in situation B.

Situation A (still in the same region):
When the Edge of the Mists map is released, it will come with a code fix to grant you the appropriate Season reward when you next load into any map on any character.

Situation B (now in a different region):
We’re still finalizing the solution for this issue. It will be in soon after the Edge of the Mists map. Current setups we’re looking at are along the lines of talking to an NPC or loading into a particular map; either would be with any character.

Thanks for any patience extended while we work the kinks out of a new system.

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

situation B here…. i still have the key o.o

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in WvW

Posted by: guns.3980

guns.3980

It’s not like there was anything worth having in any of the season reward chests, so not much of a problem…

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Here’s our current status on granting the missing Season reward chests. If you’re still in the same region (NA or EU) as you were when the Season began, you’re in situation A. Otherwise, you’re in situation B.

When the Edge of the Mists map is released, it will come with a code fix to grant you the appropriate Season reward when you next load into any map on any character.

We’re still finalizing the solution for this issue. It will be in soon after the Edge of the Mists map. Current setups we’re looking at are along the lines of talking to an NPC or loading into a particular map; either would be with any character.

Appreciate the response for those that didn’t get their chest, but maybe next time make the chest actually give something of value too Just a helpful tip!

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

dat key… is still in my bank

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in WvW

Posted by: Azoricus.7409

Azoricus.7409

Now that we know that there’s going to be a new season/tornament starting in March, is there any chance of getting the reward from the first season for the people in situation B, before the second one beggins?

The [Kill] Bureaucrat – FSP

in WvW

Posted by: Krabathor Deus.5432

Krabathor Deus.5432

Still in situation B…. any advance on this???

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

it has been my experience in online gaming that for this kind of problem (one that affects specific individuals but is not a game-wide issue), if it hasn’t been fixed in this amount of time, it never will be.

of course, “past performance is no guarantee of future results”. maybe Arenanet will surprise us. I’m not saying you should give up hope, but it might be wise not to hold your breath.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Glaurung.1076

Glaurung.1076

any news about this? i still havent got my chest

in WvW

Posted by: Almogfrd.9270

Almogfrd.9270

so…. are we ever going to get our chest?

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

Sure. Just wait a few more seasons. But I can tell you the 5 greens arent worth waiting.

~ Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: hmsgoddess.3869

hmsgoddess.3869

In situation B ~
My guildies now use it as a joke towards me. To tease me they say “Amber when we gonna get our chest” or “Amber, I still have a key in my bag.” Like I can magically fix this in some way. It’s all in good fun though.
But we really would like to get our chests and move on.

~ Emma Vine Sixty Nine Shades Of [NUDE] – Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Nightingale.8364

Nightingale.8364

I still have my season 1 key. Bah, no worries anet, i would much prefer you spend your time fixing some of the other “bugs” in the borderlands that spending time working this out.

in WvW

Posted by: Almogfrd.9270

Almogfrd.9270

Sure. Just wait a few more seasons. But I can tell you the 5 greens arent worth waiting.

agreed, yet i just want this key out of my inventory and get a few lvl up scrolls

a simple fix for this issue is to just make a vendor that sell the chest for 1 key and get this over with :P

in WvW

Posted by: Grenden.8609

Grenden.8609

Situation B. Are we going to get our chest?

in WvW

Posted by: Joe.5703

Joe.5703

Situation A for me, I’m from Vizunah and still no chest. Can it be related to the fact I didn’t play for like 5 months? (changed city, same country but no Internet for a while)

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The season 1 chest wasn’t very good. You didn’t miss much.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The season 1 chest wasn’t very good. You didn’t miss much.

Its the principle of it.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Krabathor Deus.5432

Krabathor Deus.5432

any advance??? almost 5 months…

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

any advance??? almost 5 months…

Maybe after they finish the Fractal Leaderboards?

in WvW

Posted by: Lupercus Whitewolf.6278

Lupercus Whitewolf.6278

Situation A for me, still no chest but have the key.

in WvW

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

I was excited when I saw a red icon on the front page of the WvW forum, but of course it’s a thread bumped from months ago with the devs promising something and then not delivering.

in WvW

Posted by: Brega.6920

Brega.6920

I just started playing again after being gone for 5 months, and found this issue is affecting me as well. I have the season 1 reward key but no chest to use it on.

Tarnished Coast – Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]

in WvW

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

TL;DR: If you are now in a different territory (NA versus EU) from when you first played during Season 1, your Season rewards won’t be granted until we can solve a technical issue. There’s also a different small chance you won’t get the Season reward later in a WvW match. That chance is near-zero shortly after a new match starts up. You will eventually get the Season rewards.

In-depth details follow.

Season reward chests are granted via a hidden achievement, which differs for each place within a League. Whether your world placed first in Gold or Bronze League, you’ll be given the same achievement. The Dolyak finishers are delivered by the in-game mail system if your world placed first in its League. The mail differs for each League.

The game use two pieces of information to know which achievement/mail you should receive. One is historical WvW data so it knows how your world placed in the Season. The other is which world you’re associated with for the Season. This association was made the first time you entered the world during Season 1.

Issue 1: Worlds in the NA and EU territories don’t know about each other’s historical WvW data. So if you’re in a different territory from the one you were associated with for Season 1, the game doesn’t know how your world placed and can’t reward you. Yet. Once this issue is fixed, the Season reward will be granted. We know who should get the rewards, and who has not yet received them.

Issue 2: There’s a bug that sometimes prevents certain games from knowing any historical WvW data—even for their own territory. This can prevent the game from giving Season rewards. This also affected the Dawn of the Seasons achievement’s behavior. Until this is tracked down and fixed, there seems to be a smaller chance to be given the Season rewards later in the week of a WvW match. Chances are extremely good shortly after a new match has started that you’ll be given the rewards.

Thank you for your patience while we solve these issues. While there are quicker ways to get rewards out to people who are missing them, it’s best we take the time to fix the underlying issues and allow the corrected code to issue the rewards in due time. Neither player nor developer wants the same issue to potentially happen a second time. Or for rushed work to cause different issues in the future.

5 Months ago…..

3 Months ago….

Will all due respect, how is this acceptable to a company or a customer???

in WvW

Posted by: Droolydog.6082

Droolydog.6082

Still no chest for me…

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Are we back to digging old posts that don’t get addressed? That bored…

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Delois.3974

Delois.3974

With due respect, it DOES concern me this hasn’t been resolved and the next season is about to be over. Will people this season have the same issues?

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Really I dont think the devs look at this forum any more. I think the only ones on here from anet are the mods who are here to remove all negative comments, noone else.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

morrolan.9608

If you can’t see why this is a big issue then………

If they literally can’t issue the chests for technical reasons then just give the affected players gold or gems as recompense.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

If you can’t see why this is a big issue then………

If they literally can’t issue the chests for technical reasons then just give the affected players gold or gems as recompense.

You of all people should know if it hasn’t been fixed by now, it won’t…

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

You of all people should know if it hasn’t been fixed by now, it won’t…

So give the affect players some other form of recompense.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

How about a Mini Jena?

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

bob.8632

How about a Mini Jena?

Why don’t you go post in a thread that concerns you??? If this thread does not concern you why do you continue to (fail) at trolling it?

And if you knew what you were talking about from a hole in the ground, you would know they fixed 50% of it, they just need to fix the rest.

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

at this point, even if every remaining person who was still affected by this quit the game, it would probably cost them less money in terms of lost gem sales and lost reputation than it would cost them to actually fix it (including the opportunity cost of time spent fixing this means time not spent on something else).

this is simply something you have to accept in online gaming. sometimes, your problem simply won’t get fixed, not because you don’t deserve it but simply because time taken to work on this is time not spent on more important issues.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

bob.8632

at this point, even if every remaining person who was still affected by this quit the game, it would probably cost them less money in terms of lost gem sales and lost reputation than it would cost them to actually fix it (including the opportunity cost of time spent fixing this means time not spent on something else).

this is simply something you have to accept in online gaming. sometimes, your problem simply won’t get fixed, not because you don’t deserve it but simply because time taken to work on this is time not spent on more important issues.

-ken

Yes ken, the path to continuous improvement lies in the practice of shrugging ones shoulders and just chalking it up as a loss….Every job/company has bean counters, the problem here is: they acknowledge there is a problem, they claim they will fix it. They have fixed some of it, this is probably one of those areas where instead of trying to wax philosophical, you should probably just move on to another thread that concerns you friend.

-BoB

in WvW

Posted by: Drakma.1549

Drakma.1549