in WvW

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Great idea at 1st but let’s encourage the destack

It's time to get rid of EoTM

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Yes. Free up some server resources and maybe real WvW won’t be as much of a lagfest is is now.

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

I wouldn’t mind seeing the EotM map thrown into the WvW map rotation if they ever did actually make them rotate. While I like the idea of having something to do while waiting in a queue on reset nite, it is not worth the mega stack population problems it encourages.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I see it as a good leveling tool and fun time utilizer when there is a queue. I see no reason to get rid of it. I think that is a really bad idea.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

eotm is where u go to train for real WvWvW. If they remove it, where will people go to feel good? EB?

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

T raw.4658

I see it as a good leveling tool and fun time utilizer when there is a queue. I see no reason to get rid of it. I think that is a really bad idea.

That’s all that it is. You go there to get to lvl 80 and gain WvW levels. There is no fighting. There is no defending.

You get rid of it you bring all those players back to WvW. If T1/2 has too long a queue well then destack those servers.

thx

in WvW

T raw.4658

eotm is where u go to train for real WvWvW. If they remove it, where will people go to feel good? EB?

No currently its only a place to ktrain around gaining either lvl 80’s or enough wvw lvls to get guard stacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

EotM has zero impact to me as a WvW player, so I don’t care if it’s removed or not.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

love how ya’ll want to ruin other people’s fun just to prop up your miserable ptt game. let the ktrain casuals have edge, they have forged it into a playground for their ilk. you can keep wvw with it’s pointless ptt. I’ll camp spawns in edge and help defend SMC when I feel like it. each to their own. people don’t have to stop doing something just because you don’t enjoy doing it.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

plz no i love EOTM

and i think pll must play what they like and not forced to play what they not like

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

lol imagine if EOTM got deleted. Easy.

- every uplvl/new person/total noob would invade wvw
- hence invading wvw with a queue cap you’d have 20 ‘real’ WvWers waiting in line with 50 uplvl newbies waiting in there probably before you
- the forums would explode hating on all the ‘noobs’ in WvW trying to turn things into a ktrain
- so many more siege trolls
- zero skill/perks in siege mastery newbies camping on flame rams for example making the ordeal of breaking down a gate even longer
- have a dislike for big Zerg blobs? Well your problem just got bigger….

For reals.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

EotM has zero impact to me as a WvW player, so I don’t care if it’s removed or not.

Good argument, let’s turn it around:
WvW has zero impact to me as a EotM player, so I don’t care if it’s removed or not.

In fact both are broken (imbalance, PvD, Scoring, K-train, …) and should be replaced by something that works better.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

T raw.4658

lol imagine if EOTM got deleted. Easy.

- every uplvl/new person/total noob would invade wvw
- hence invading wvw with a queue cap you’d have 20 ‘real’ WvWers waiting in line with 50 uplvl newbies waiting in there probably before you
- the forums would explode hating on all the ‘noobs’ in WvW trying to turn things into a ktrain
- so many more siege trolls
- zero skill/perks in siege mastery newbies camping on flame rams for example making the ordeal of breaking down a gate even longer
- have a dislike for big Zerg blobs? Well your problem just got bigger….

For reals.

Thus hopefully causing a destacking of the top servers.

It should never have been created in the 1st place, and Anet should have offered incentives to xfer down the line so to speak.

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

WvW has zero impact to me as a EotM player, so I don’t care if it’s removed or not.

In fact both are broken (imbalance, PvD, Scoring, K-train, …) and should be replaced by something that works better.

Let me clarify: EotM has zero impact on me as a WvW player, so let it stay. I immediately thought of rewording my post after I wrote it, because I would never advocate for the deletion of PvP or PvE due to its lack of direct impact on me as a player — knowing full well that many of the people that play those game modes are also WvW players, and may well leave the game if they were removed. Indirect impact is always a factor, so yes, my post was poorly-worded.

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

Let me clarify: EotM has zero impact on me as a WvW player, so let it stay. I immediately thought of rewording my post after I wrote it, because I would never advocate for the deletion of PvP or PvE due to its lack of direct impact on me as a player — knowing full well that many of the people that play those game modes are also WvW players, and may well leave the game if they were removed. Indirect impact is always a factor, so yes, my post was poorly-worded.

But it does have an impact. All those EotM instances use up server resources — server resources that very likely used to be allocated for real WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

But it does have an impact. All those EotM instances use up server resources — server resources that very likely used to be allocated for real WvW.

the inverse is also true, as is the fact WvW uses resources that could be allocated to the ‘real gw2’ PvE. eotm is as ‘real eotm’ as WvW is ‘real WvW’, which is a fancy way of saying things are what they are, which is redundant.

people playing edge don’t care about your ppt, your pirateship, your meta builds, your raids, your upgrades, sup segie, they don’t care about the server and they don’t care about you. they don’t want to play WvW with you, so don’t force them. you are not God you are not important.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

OK so you dont want all the buffs WvW gives everyone?
Press B and select Detailed Score, and then look at all the bonuses WvW gives to everyone else for our hard work! What do we get in return?!

So when the enemy has no supplies or very low supplies in all the maps, how do you think they suddenly appear to gain some out of nowhere?!
They port to an EOTM instance, grab the supply from there and then port back.
Because there can be more than one instance they can have a couple thousand supply available if players ferry it over!

in WvW

Dayra.7405

the inverse is also true, as is the fact WvW uses resources that could be allocated to the ‘real gw2’ PvE. eotm is as ‘real eotm’ as WvW is ‘real WvW’, which is a fancy way of saying things are what they are, which is redundant.

This is in fact a very dangerous argumentation for WvW.
In EotM you have exactly as many instances as needed to fit the players that want to play => no waste of resources.
In WvW you have always 36 (9 matches a 4 maps) instances in EU (32 in NA) most of them with none in it most of the time => a lot of wasted resources.

Stop this waste of resources and assign the resources where they are used efficiently would be my conclusion.

in WvW

Posted by: FrozenChinchilla.5249

FrozenChinchilla.5249

WvW is basically dead anyway
Unless they half the amount of servers so maps actually can be competitive it’s just zerging around against doors.

in WvW

Posted by: killtl.9703

killtl.9703

I really don’t understand the hate WvW people have towards EOTM. I enjoy both WvW and EOTM for different reasons. WvW is more organized and has strong team work with clear objectives but it has become stale and has poor participation as outside of reset night, most maps are empty except for the float team unless it is a push week on BG.

EOTM is a crazy hodgepodge of who knows what you will have when you join in but the chaos is refreshing and the fighting is varied and can be quite fun. I enjoy being a PUG commander and finding ways to kill the other zerg while capping at the same time. I have to say that EOTM would be a lot of fun if the majority were lvl 80s so the fighting was more predictable. My hope is that over time the fighting increases and discourages uplevels who have no idea how to PVP from using it as an easy leveling map.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Who cares about EOTM and being removed and such. I dont like pve so shall i advocate to remove it, or shall i play wvw and ignore the stuff i dont like. Be glad they ktrain in there instead of creating a queue in the real WvW.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

OK so you dont want all the buffs WvW gives everyone?
Press B and select Detailed Score, and then look at all the bonuses WvW gives to everyone else for our hard work! What do we get in return?

Fun? You know, the point of a game?
If you are not having fun, you should stop… Simple really.

The fact that WvW rewards are poor, does not belong here.
Deleting EotM is not even something I am averse to discuss, its beyond ridiculous.

in WvW

T raw.4658

EoTM was put in place to be a temporary place for players to play when there were long queues for WvW.

This was only a problem in T1/2 when EoTM was introduced.

What the devs should have done instead of taking the lazy way out was to tackle the real problem of server stacking. They chose the easy way and now you see EoTM as a stand alone game mode per say.

Now here we are in a WvW where we’ve been neglected since the beginning of the game where EoTM takes players away from WvW. This isn’t about T1/2. This is actually a post for the lower tiers. There are players in those tiers who just play EoTM….the supposedly temporary stop before you get into WvW.

Look I’m not knocking anyone who’d rather play EoTM, or am I knocking what it actually is. Do I have a problem with what it has degraded itself too? Yes because its a kittenization of what it was supposed to be. Literally I’ve watched zergs run right by eachother to take the keep the other zerg just got done taking.

WTF.

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

Keep EotM the way it is. When they killed the QD boss train those players had to go somewhere. I hate the what EotM turned into so—→ I don’t go there. If people want to run in circles not fighting let them if that’s the way they want to play. I don’t agree with that play style but who am I to tell someone how to play.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in WvW

Posted by: killtl.9703

killtl.9703

I can tell you that when I command I have become much more aggressive about fighting the enemy zerg unless it looks unless they have overwhelming numbers and then I look for an opportunity to catch them in a bad position. As long as you are not part of the EOTM guild joke where they synchronize their capping, there is a lot more fighting than in the past.

in WvW

T raw.4658

I can tell you that when I command I have become much more aggressive about fighting the enemy zerg unless it looks unless they have overwhelming numbers and then I look for an opportunity to catch them in a bad position. As long as you are not part of the EOTM guild joke where they synchronize their capping, there is a lot more fighting than in the past.

I rest my case.

Now there are people making threads demanding anet to balance it

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

Keep EotM the way it is. When they killed the QD boss train those players had to go somewhere. I hate the what EotM turned into so—-> I don’t go there. If people want to run in circles not fighting let them if that’s the way they want to play. I don’t agree with that play style but who am I to tell someone how to play.

So now we have tons of PvE players who previously used up PvE server resources (in QD) and are now using up WvW server resources, degrading QoL of WvW players.

If EotM goes away, these PvE players will go to the next best leveling technique: definitely not WvW.

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

Keep EotM the way it is. When they killed the QD boss train those players had to go somewhere. I hate the what EotM turned into so—-> I don’t go there. If people want to run in circles not fighting let them if that’s the way they want to play. I don’t agree with that play style but who am I to tell someone how to play.

So now we have tons of PvE players who previously used up PvE server resources (in QD) and are now using up WvW server resources, degrading QoL of WvW players.

If EotM goes away, these PvE players will go to the next best leveling technique: definitely not WvW.

Can you show me where the devs said that EotM uses server resources from WvW?

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

So when the enemy has no supplies or very low supplies in all the maps, how do you think they suddenly appear to gain some out of nowhere?!
They port to an EOTM instance, grab the supply from there and then port back.
Because there can be more than one instance they can have a couple thousand supply available if players ferry it over!

I don’t care. I don’t give a flying kitten if someone ports out of a keep under attack to pick up a measly 15 supply. Who gives a kitten?

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

This post is in the wrong forum. Please move to the PvE forum where it belongs.

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Remove EoTM? Terrible idea. If you don’t like it just don’t play EoTM. Some people probably like the map.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in WvW

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Eotm is badly balanced and cannot be in WvW rotation.

BL will always lose because of how many places you can hit them (doesn’t even need to be ram, just some treb will do), while FR will always win because all 3 entrances are on choke point or triple doors…

Also the instant transportation holes are highly exploitable

in WvW

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

i like EOTM much more then WvW
its for me a smaller area to get used to and not many mops walking around

it also looks amazing climb all the way to the top off OG keep and you have a great few

its fun and fast

in WvW

Posted by: maybe.5086

maybe.5086

Why remove a game mode that people enjoy playing? Having said that, current EOTM is not WWW. There you learn almost nothing about WWW, so as some poster suggested it is not a learning place.. It turn into another game mode, much like Cursed shore or FGS champ trains. So there should be no WWW related rewards (www rank gain, badges etc in that map), those rewards should be removed from EOTM imo.
The server resource discussion has a valid point. Maybe ANET can reconsider server assingments.
I don’t play at EOTM much, is there a lag there?

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

You think they’re going to give up PvE or, god forbid, PvP resources for what they consider WvW content? Not a chance.

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

You think they’re going to give up PvE or, god forbid, PvP resources for what they consider WvW content? Not a chance.

So you have no evidence and an opinion – ok got it.

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

So you have no evidence and an opinion – ok got it.

Nope, not an opinion but rather pretty clear logical inference.

in WvW

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

Why remove a game mode that people enjoy playing? Having said that, current EOTM is not WWW. There you learn almost nothing about WWW, so as some poster suggested it is not a learning place.. It turn into another game mode, much like Cursed shore or FGS champ trains. So there should be no WWW related rewards (www rank gain, badges etc in that map), those rewards should be removed from EOTM imo.
The server resource discussion has a valid point. Maybe ANET can reconsider server assingments.
I don’t play at EOTM much, is there a lag there?

Nah there is no lag cos EoTM run “new enginee” – I will call it as this. While old WvW maps run with " old pve enginee". So only hope for us is to w8 for desert borderlands since they will be made with same “enginee”. But it is true that EoTM share resources with “legit”, standard WvW maps.

Tbh here is some summary i made about deleting eotm:
+ More server resources for old maps
+ Less farmed high rank heroes( in gw2 it is all about prestige right?)
+ More players for lower tiers( some ppl play eotm, after delete of EoTM, they will be forced to continue WvW at old maps)

- More uplevels at borderlands
- More unexperienced( without perks) players at borderlands
- More low comanders at borderlands
- Blobs, Blobs everywhere
- Bigger queues
- No activity for players in queues
- No more duels against players form other servers( since dueling at normal maps drive some ppt players to go mad)
- Guilds wouldn’t be able to fight other guilds from not same match-up
- Players will lose their fun of playing at EoTM – actually some ppl really enjoy this map and roaming not ktraining
- As i wrote it is about prestige and APs and ppl will lose access to it
- Also they wouldn’t be able to kill aetherblades which are needed for some stuff
- EoTM is also nice place for screenscapturers :P

As u see i counted only few pluses and much more minuses of deleting EoTM. Why does it even bother you? If u want to play EoTM go ot server that run raids at this map or use lfg tool to band together with other ppl. Also tbh i see lot of ppl running at those maps but pointless without comms – some suggestion here

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Latest word from ANet was that they moved all the WvW maps over to their own servers/resources for testing to find the lag bugs, so as of this moment, we’re still running WvW entirely on own resources, no mix with PvE, PvP or even EotM I imagine. So that statement is entirely false. If memory servers this has been the case for a month or so now.

Also from what I understood from listening to an interview with one of the developers about the server structure, that really would not be a problem in the first place, and I do consider him to be much better informed about Server related things and how they work etc than some random person on the internet forums. Sorry.

And what would happen if they removed EotM ? I don’t think for a second believe that all those players are going to go to WvW and fill up your missing ranks of needed level 80 WvW experts. I imagine 99% of them goes straight back to PvE or PvP etc, and only a minority would go back to WvW. The only serious WvW people I ever see in there are people bored of completely dead match-up’s or training on playing as a group while their own match is to dead to try to fight as such.

Not to worried about the Queue’s either, unless you’re Tier 1+2, in which case you’re already boned. This entire idea about EotM eating up your serious dedicated WvWers is ..... I don’t think I’m allowed to use that word on the forums.

De-stack won’t happen. Ever.

If they wanted to they would have already.

They prefer the Queue’s to the Tumbleweeds, get over it.

I’ve been a dedicated WvW player this last year, but witnessing posts like this with people wanting to destroy an entire aspect of the game because they don’t like it, and they might get 1% more people in their own mode, and ruin it for the 99% of others. Makes me want to vote for the destruction of WvW just to rub you the wrong way.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

how about just make most instances of EotM a lvl 1 to 79 battleground map for the whole lvling, farming karma & learning some general WvW concepts and then make one copy of EotM as the overflow waiting in queue map for level 80’s only and see what kind of fun it morphs into with WvW minded players doing their thing on one version and levelers on another? EotM map can be pretty fun when played with some tactics and would be nice to see that option out there more often.

I have nothing against anyone elses playstyles but would be nice if ANET could something encourage de-stacking the top tiers.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Samis.1750

Samis.1750

If you cut the rewards and the exp., next to nobody would go to EOTM.

The same cannot be said for WvW.

People go to EOTM mainly to level their alts or karma train.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Dayra.7405

I went from WvW to EotM because I started to hate the unresolved 24/7 coverage issues, and as someone playing in the morning, WvW was even more PvD than EotM. Better no one takes scoring serious, than some take a meningless scoring serious.

But I left EotM now as well, a permant 3:1 isn’t fun, neither on the 3 side nor on the 1 side.

If HoT will not fix anything in the match-structure, I will not buy it, and without HoT I’ll be only a second class citizen in Tyria, so I likely take this opportunity to forget GW2.

in WvW

Posted by: Missy.6803

Missy.6803

I just want to know why I have 0 lag in EotM with all the hundreds of people, but one ‘three-way in garrison’ in WvW and I can’t move.

~ Scorned Siren ~Tarnished Coast ~
Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] Co-Leader/WvW Commander
espguild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

I just want to know why I have 0 lag in EotM with all the hundreds of people, but one ‘three-way in garrison’ in WvW and I can’t move.

First, eotm zerg is actually much smaller compare to WvW t1 zerg bulls.

Second, there’s rarely a 3-way fight in Eotm because the objectives are quite separated and commanders are less aggressive.

Third, Zerg in eotm tends to die faster, use less skills because of all the worthless uplevels. The fight is much less dynamic in Eotm than in WvW, thus , consume less resources.

in WvW

T raw.4658

WvW was even more PvD than EotM.

But I left EotM now as well, a permant 3:1 isn’t fun, neither on the 3 side nor on the 1 side.

It seems you need to come to terms with certain aspects of this game. The fact you think WvW is more of a K-Train than EoTM is just ignorant bias. There are ZERO people in WvW yelling at you for defending.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

WvW has been broken since launch. One overstacked server to rule them all, with double-teaming every now and then. But not against the leading server, but by the leading server, to make it an ever bigger stompfest.

WvW has always been won by nightly players who simply batter down an undefended door, to kill a pve mob and claim free points.
Then they settle in their new keep, run some pve mobs from a set location (if even needed), and camp their overpowered arrowcarts.

And yet people seem to enjoy that. Just as people seem to enjoy EotM. Why do you want to remove it again? Because it seems to be nothing but spiteful behavior. Maybe you should be removed from the game, that will probably have a more positive outcome.
To those wondering. EotM did not impact WvW’s performance, it’s always been kittenty.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Unless they half the amount of servers so maps actually can be competitive it’s just zerging around against doors.

This.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Dayra.7405

WvW was even more PvD than EotM.

It seems you need to come to terms with certain aspects of this game. The fact you think WvW is more of a K-Train than EoTM is just ignorant bias. There are ZERO people in WvW yelling at you for defending.

PvD for scoring with many map-jumps of course is grand-strategy not k-train This is how WvW works in the early morning, one side is superior and runs over everything with golems (if defended or not doesn’t really matter), the minority side(s) try to cap back (avoiding all further fights after they already lost the fights for the WPs). Rarely seen somthing else in Off-time.

In prime-time of course it’s different.

And defending in wvw? You sit hours in a tower till bored to dead, just to be overrun afterwards by a blob within seconds. No, not a game I am interested in.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

First, eotm zerg is actually much smaller compare to WvW t1 zerg bulls.

Second, there’s rarely a 3-way fight in Eotm because the objectives are quite separated and commanders are less aggressive.

Third, Zerg in eotm tends to die faster, use less skills because of all the worthless uplevels. The fight is much less dynamic in Eotm than in WvW, thus , consume less resources.

NOPE, there is no lag cos EoTM run “new enginee” – I will call it as this. While old WvW maps run " old pve enginee". Basically old borderlands lag cos of PvE constrution for em, while EoTM have completly diffrent contruction. Also if u ever got over slow loading textures u could see HUNDREDS of lvls of textures under current ones. For example, under blue spawn wp is a lot of snow, water etc. and at this point, THE WATER is lagging, not fps, but ping lag.

Ye and make queues much bigger…now it is hell in T1-3 with 20-60 players queue during prime time.

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

(edited by Kasteros.9847)

in WvW

Dayra.7405

NOPE, there is no lag cos EoTM run “new enginee” – I will call it as this. While old WvW maps run " old pve enginee". Basically old borderlands lag cos of PvE constrution for em, while EoTM have completly diffrent contruction. Also if u ever got over slow loading textures u could see HUNDREDS of lvls of textures under current ones. For example, under blue spawn wp is a lot of snow, water etc. and at this point, THE WATER is lagging, not fps, but ping lag.

Any source or evidence for your otherwise completely unjustified conjectures?