Its time for Anet to make range placement

in WvW

Posted by: Torgrim.3642

Torgrim.3642

Placing Catapults right up at the walls are getting tiresome, you know the old crap we hear in chat……2 catas at cata spot.
Siege engines really needs a range placement area so we atleast get some form of siege.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I want a siege tower that can be built right at a wall so we can get up on it and fight. Lol

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

This only works in a handful of places. In most of these places a well placed Sup AC can counter them easily.

A bigger problem (and not high priority) is that one set of flame rams in EB can hit both inner and outer doors.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Muramasa.6487

Muramasa.6487

Siege tower would be cool.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Um no, I swear people complain about the silliest things. This isn’t even remotely close to being a priority and very easy to deal with.

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Um no, I swear people complain about the silliest things. This isn’t even remotely close to being a priority and very easy to deal with.

Agreed…and regarding the Flame rams: Thats what double door attacks are for….to make it doable with less supply used, they are also easy to defend against.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

There is no reason why a cat next to a wall wouldn’t do damage to that wall.

Physics.

Just historically you wouldn’t put a cat next to a wall because the defenders would just drop rocks on it and destroy it. And in this game the defenders can build an ac and just destroy it.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Agreed…and regarding the Flame rams: Thats what double door attacks are for….to make it doable with less supply used, they are also easy to defend against.

I think Flame Rams on EB keeps are an oversight. The inner oil doesn’t reach them. Inner catas/trebs often will not hit them. Pretty much the only thing that does hit them consistently is ACs. Being able to drop 4+ rams that hit both doors can often have the keep cracked open before a server responds. That is really cheap supply for siege that effectively cuts through keeps.

Besides it looks REALLY stupid to see a ram hitting air and damaging a door well away from it.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

I think Flame Rams on EB keeps are an oversight. The inner oil doesn’t reach them. Inner catas/trebs often will not hit them. Pretty much the only thing that does hit them consistently is ACs. Being able to drop 4+ rams that hit both doors can often have the keep cracked open before a server responds. That is really cheap supply for siege that effectively cuts through keeps.

Besides it looks REALLY stupid to see a ram hitting air and damaging a door well away from it.

I can see your point, but when you place a ram, that “ground target circle” is the effective aoe range of that ram. (Not suggesting you do/did not know that just pointing out my stance). So if the physical ram head is not touching, it is probably a design error by anet in the animation. Because the ram surely reaches to the extent of the OD of that circle.

The edge of that circle is on the outer border of the second gate, which really could be an oversight I suppose. However, I have always thought/believed that it was done purposely because of the double door positioning. There was a video (not on double doors) but of ANET showing that ram range and them talking of keeping that in mind when placing rams to avoid siege.

As far as the oil goes, there is two sets of oil, so obviously I see what you mean about the second not hitting the first set of rams…But then again that is what the first set of oil is supposed to be for.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Siege engines really needs a range placement area

Could you please be more detailed in what this would mean? I don’t understand what you’re specifically talking about

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Tryble.6819

Tryble.6819

He’s saying catapults need to fire from a minimum range to be effective, so that we don’t get silly stuff like point blank catas attacking walls.