JQ 3 easy weeks in schedule, SOR 1 and BG 1?

in WvW

Posted by: Kiff.8157

Kiff.8157

Lol at honourable GW2 staff. Well, apparently everyone on this thread should be more cautious when making remarks as personal attacks to the “staff” (staff only, yeah) will honour you 2 weeks of suspension. Hmm…sounds like communism? I am extremely disappointed when growing adult can’t take their own failure when making mistakes and being critisized.

Anyways, who cares about the #1 now since JQ has already won? BG and SOR will have epic fights and we know one of us is the real champion. Let alone JQ and Anets staff. I see it as a good thing for BG and SOR.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Just play the game.

If JQ wins this week, you have nothing to complain about.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

And I wonder how many “easy wins” Mags and SoS are going to get.

The existence of this thread is embarrassing.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Ol pistol peetee has a point

+1

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

It’s okay, much prefer good fights every other week as opposed to being eligible for the grand prize “finisher” (yipppeeee!) for winning leagues.

in WvW

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

SoR will likely win their 1v1’s with BG (no disrespect to the rank 4-6 servers) and will most likely win against the lower ranked servers, just because we face SoR twice doesn’t mean we’ll necessarily win as SoR will most likely be the server to benefit from this. Its the first kittening week, chill out.

Just see how this week plays out and enjoy the fights.

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

(edited by Tarkus.4109)

in WvW

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Please take a look at this Anet Devs. All T1 servers should have the same sort of matchups. BG and SoR seem like they have similar schedules but right now JQ is getting a free walk they don’t need.

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Gotta love the JQ players coming in here and playing this down hoping this doesn’t get attention so they can have their free win.

in WvW

Posted by: Grove.2835

Grove.2835

With JQ’s schedule, all their new transfers and the purchasing of MERC, its gonna be smoooooth sailing, pvd fun all the way to #1.

in WvW

Actinotus.6410

With JQ’s schedule, all their new transfers and the purchasing of MERC, its gonna be smoooooth sailing, pvd fun all the way to #1.

Maybe you should all transfer to JQ?

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Stillsky.2615

Stillsky.2615

Gotta love the JQ players coming in here and playing this down hoping this doesn’t get attention so they can have their free win.

Is this really any worse than SoR and BG players coming in here and playing it up as if you guys got the kitten end of the stick where gold league scheduling is concerned?

aZn
~Maguuma~

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Wow, this is kitten.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: Baels.3469

Baels.3469

Now now, everyone.

Let’s remember the real problem at hand: The league system is just Arenanet trying to throw a temporary band-aid on the WvW game type because “L-l-l-l-l-living story” takes preference.

Blackgate
[MERC] – Oceanic

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Is this really any worse than SoR and BG players coming in here and playing it up as if you guys got the kitten end of the stick where gold league scheduling is concerned?

Yes, its infinitely worse. BG and SOR have a genuine grievance here. I find it offensive that any JQ player would play this down. If it had of been the other way around and say my server was given the better end of the stick, I totally would have kept my mouth shut and not said anything or shared sympathy for them. Not for JQ though, they want easy wins so they come in here and play down the draw.

in WvW

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

I personally think JQ is the one screwed with all this, those 3 weeks of no SoR/BG are gonna be so boring for that newly stacked coverage. SoR got the best of all the servers in gold tbh, every week we have straight up brawls except for one of those weeks. We have the worst record of the T1 servers after all, everyone on our server transferred for the fights so its a win win for us even if we come in 3rd for this season.

[TW]Tempest Wolves

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Winning the league isn’t guaranteed for JQ. SoR is guaranteed a win in all matchups not involving JQ so they have a shot at winning the league as well.

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

Not sure why JQ gets week 2 3 and 4 without SoR or BG, and SOR only gets week 5 and BG week 6 with out the two other teir 1 servers.

With points going to first place, and a guaranteed win for any Tier 1 server fighting two Tier 2 servers, it will give JQ 3 guaranteed wins worth of points.

A better schedule would have been

EDITED FROM ORIGINAL:

Week 1 = SOR JQ BG = easy week for TC

Week 2 = BG SOR = easy week for JQ

Week 3 = SOR JQ = easy week for BG

Week 4 = JQ BG = easy week for SOR

Week 5 = SOR BG = easy week for JQ

Week 6 = SOR JQ = easy week for BG

Week 7 = SOR JQ BG = easy week for SOR

This is two easy weeks per Tier 1 server and one easy week for TC. This is as fair as it can be while still giving the top three servers all a fighting chance.

I mean it is super simple and fair, if something like this is not implemented than you are handing a team free points at the start of League. I can’t believe it was not scheduled like this in the first place.

As the schedule stands right now, JQ could come in second place in both week 1 and week 7 and STILL win the league.

It is unacceptable.

EDIT: Typo

KIIIIIIN RRRRRRAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEEE

in WvW

Actinotus.6410

Winning the league isn’t guaranteed for JQ. SoR is guaranteed a win in all matchups not involving JQ so they have a shot at winning the league as well.

The arrogance of some is astounding.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Drae.3189

Drae.3189

Please put the link to the current schedule here

[GoF] Booty Kawl – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

why not just have 7 weeks of SOR / BG / JQ? Aren’t they the strongest servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Meanwhile, TC, Magumma and SoS are saying “we don’t get any easy weeks. Our ability to care? non-existant”

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Meanwhile, TC, Magumma and SoS are saying “we don’t get any easy weeks. Our ability to care? non-existant”

True.

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

If SoR or BG beats JQ this week, you’ll have a leg up.
If JQ wins this week, they’re clearly superior anyways so what difference does it make.
1st place in gold will be decided in weeks 1 and 7… not what happens in between.

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

If SoR or BG beats JQ this week, you’ll have a leg up.
If JQ wins this week, they’re clearly superior anyways so what difference does it make.
1st place in gold will be decided in weeks 1 and 7… not what happens in between.

so they guaranteed a finisher, yipppeee! Me so jelly!!

in WvW

Posted by: Naerin.6753

Naerin.6753

Congratulations on winning the first WvW season, Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Xinthai.6175

Xinthai.6175

The difference is that BG and SoR both have a legitimate shot to take down JQ if things play right. The fact that Jade Quarry HAS to get third at least one time while being the top server in terms of coverage, just to have a chance at getting 2nd place instead of first is absolutely astonishing.

This is gross and really kills my desire to even try.

Captain Giggles – 80 Necromancer
Aurelia Celeste – 80 Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Monsoon.2589

Monsoon.2589

I find this highly strange that JQ would have it that easy for that long. If there is going to be obvious preferential treatment then what is the point of having leagues?

in WvW

Posted by: Sjofn.7418

Sjofn.7418

I would think SoR and BG would want to save schedule whining for towards the end, as a sort of back up excuse, not burn it right out of the gate! No sense of timing.

I’d rather not have that many easy weeks, because it’s boring. But given I’ve thought this whole WvW league thing was stupid to start with, especially since the non-T1 servers have virtually nothing to look forward to, I can’t get too worked up about it either. At least TC/SoS/Mag get a break from us for two of the weeks, I guess.

Bjalla Lofnsson/Orlando Fabuloso/Sjofn Lofnsdottr
Slap in the Face, Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

Won’t the best server win regardless of schedule?
BG and SoR both get 3 shots at JQ.
If JQ wins all those engagements, who cares what happens in the other weeks.

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Anet will never acknowledge that the matchups are not fair, because doing so would entail admitting that some servers are always going to win against other servers, which would undermine the very idea of the leagues in the first place.

in WvW

Posted by: Noein.7635

Noein.7635

Sorry, but coming from someone on TC; this schedule is great. Mag, SoS and TC have no shot at winning the gold league, however the servers that many have rushed to in hopes of winning, which in affect is destroying lower tiers while guilds mass transfer off of them (“for better fights”) now find out that they stacked to these servers for no reason. I salute you Anet!

in WvW

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

Won’t the best server win regardless of schedule?
BG and SoR both get 3 shots at JQ.
If JQ wins all those engagements, who cares what happens in the other weeks.

JQ has been the dominant server since TA retired, ie. for the last year, and has recently recruited guilds from its T1 rivals to weaken them and bolster itself (MERC being the prime example).

They’ve won the BG/SoR/JQ match 2 weeks ago and destroyed BG in last week’s match.

In this season, BG and SOR play other top-half servers 6 times, JQ 4 times. That’s a 30% easier draw for the top server. JQ could split games against BG/SoR and still come out on top by dint of their assured wins against the lower half.

Of course, this isn’t JQ’s fault. It’s the hand they were dealt.

in WvW

Posted by: Noein.7635

Noein.7635

I would think SoR and BG would want to save schedule whining for towards the end, as a sort of back up excuse, not burn it right out of the gate! No sense of timing.

I’d rather not have that many easy weeks, because it’s boring. But given I’ve thought this whole WvW league thing was stupid to start with, especially since the non-T1 servers have virtually nothing to look forward to, I can’t get too worked up about it either. At least TC/SoS/Mag get a break from us for two of the weeks, I guess.

I don’t think you understand. Many of us on TC, SoS and Mag, look forward to the fights and the endless blob busting action. Who cares what server wins. I’m very much looking forward to always be paired with a t1 server.

in WvW

Posted by: Krashner.6275

Krashner.6275

Sorry, but coming from someone on TC; this schedule is great. Mag, SoS and TC have no shot at winning the gold league, however the servers that many have rushed to in hopes of winning, which in affect is destroying lower tiers while guilds mass transfer off of them (“for better fights”) now find out that they stacked to these servers for no reason. I salute you Anet!

Anet were the ones who encouraged them to transfer in the first place.

in WvW

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Grats JQ. Make sure you post screenshots of your chest that contains 2 greens and a lvl up scroll mkay.

elite specs ruined pvp.

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

why not just make it random.

all’s fair/unfair=fair in random right?

with anet’s bountiful experience in RNG, i am sure it wouldn’t be a problem

in WvW

Posted by: Packuraz.8731

Packuraz.8731

And JQ wins the first season so when is season 2?

in WvW

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

This part looks fair to me, excluding another JQ BG is needed (to gives SOR another easy one)

This part is contradictory, it’s a typo?, I don’t get it. Why the same exact match is easy for TC 1st and for SOR 2nd? both are easy for TC, but doesn’t matter because TC is not going to win. So week 1 and 7 are completely irrelevant to this thread.

Edit: About the title of the thread:

Should be: 2 easy for BG, 2 easy for JQ, and 1 easy for SOR.

(edited by NeHoMaR.9812)

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

I think I speak for the vast majority of SoR when I say that we’d like to face JQ and BG every week. But if we can’t face them both, we’d like to face at least one.

Forget karma train matches, please take away the one we have.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: zeus.2375

zeus.2375

This league doesn’t prove who is number one. Want to prove who is number 1? BGvJQvSoR for 7 weeks straight proves who is truly number 1.

in WvW

Posted by: LostInSmoke.2590

LostInSmoke.2590

Game over man, game over. Thanks for the terrible schedule.

in WvW

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Meh… JQs been in tier 1 since launch while other servers fly in and out. If they don’t get first place after so much persistence then there’s no justice in this world.

… I still want tengu.

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I don’t think you understand. Many of us on TC, SoS and Mag, look forward to the fights and the endless blob busting action. Who cares what server wins. I’m very much looking forward to always be paired with a t1 server.

Its odd. I’ve never seen these servers win a single fight that wasn’t at least 2 to 1 in their favor. And they usually lose most of those. The bust a blob is pretty funny.

More on topic: the schedule really favours JQ.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Yes, BG and SoR are the servers getting shafted in the gold league. Everyone else is experiencing seven weeks of bliss.

in WvW

Kiff.8157

anyone thought of this? JQ is the server that had most transferred and gave ANETS most gem and money. Is it wrong when Anets gives them the first season win as a goodwill return?

and really some bandwagon should just stop talking here like sor is the one will benefit and so on. so fake. urghhh

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

ITT people care about “wins” in a format where participation decides everything and everyone can pay money to become a winner.

Easy matchups are boring matchups with nothing to do. Whatever happened to “we transfer to T1 for the fights”?

in WvW

Kiff.8157

Yes, BG and SoR are the servers getting shafted in the gold league. Everyone else is experiencing seven weeks of bliss.

sry to tell you this is sad but true, u know that this gold league is never about the servers other than sor/bg/jq

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Just to be clear, this thread is people QQing because JQ will have more boring matches then everyone else? Shouldn’t that be a good thing, you get tougher, more enjoyable matches for more weeks then JQ does?

I guess I miss the point.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

This part looks fair to me, excluding another JQ BG is needed (to gives SOR another easy one)

This part is contradictory, it’s a typo?, I don’t get it. Why the same exact match is easy for TC 1st and for SOR 2nd? both are easy for TC, but doesn’t matter because TC is not going to win. So week 1 and 7 are completely irrelevant to this thread.

Edit: About the title of the thread:

Should be: 2 easy for BG, 2 easy for JQ, and 1 easy for SOR.

Yes, was a typo.

BG SOR JQ weeks are easy for TC, not easy really, but we know the outcome. TC will get first place.

What EVERYONE in this thread is forgetting about is overtime.

It takes extra time to cover weak spots in coverage. But, people are human and get tired. JQ won’t have to play for WvW for three weeks. When they do finally play, they are going to be so stoked and ready to fire it up.

Meanwhile, BG and SOR will be bruised and bloody from going at each other like we always do and JQ will be fresh.

Bottom line: JQ is starting 10 points ahead of BG and SOR.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Its odd. I’ve never seen these servers win a single fight that wasn’t at least 2 to 1 in their favor. And they usually lose most of those. The bust a blob is pretty funny.

That is because we are all terrible. Well that or you can’t count, one of the two.

~ AoN ~