JQ 3 easy weeks in schedule, SOR 1 and BG 1?

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

who cares?? JQ will be bored to tears, while BG and SOR get to have some epic battles. The only real victims r servers 4-5-6.

I completely agree with you. I personally don’t care about winning or the rewards for winning. I transferred to tier1 for the epic fights, and so far I have not regretted it at all.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Bottom line: JQ is starting 10 points ahead of BG and SOR.

This is tragic, how can you get your gold dolyak finisher in this kind of messed up matching system?

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Karg.2381

Karg.2381

Does it matter. Im glad SoR gets 6 weeks of bruising. Its why many of us are in tier 1 servers, its why Mag was so keen to get into gold league – for the non stop fights. I dont care if JQ or BG wins. I only care that im not bored when i log on. I also dont think those ‘easy’ weeks will be such a roll over. I hope the tier 2 servers 2v1 all the tier 1’s when they get a chance.

SoR

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

How is the winner actually determined?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

The best way to get fights is for the big 3 to actually have proper competition each week. Seriously, these sorts of things need a matchmaker like boxing matches, not Random Number Generated schlock.

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

I think I speak for the vast majority of SoR when I say that we’d like to face JQ and BG every week. But if we can’t face them both, we’d like to face at least one.

Forget karma train matches, please take away the one we have.

But then the matches would be stale! T1 vs T2 vs T2 soo much fun, right guys? ..Guys?

elite specs ruined pvp.

in WvW

Posted by: Ethurian.3751

Ethurian.3751

I guess I miss the point.

This is bigger than JQ. JQ will likely get a free win out of this yes, but that means nothing. The point is that the leagues could have been more interesting than this, more fairly balanced. When one server, regardless of who that is – is given a significant advantage, it takes lot of the allure of what ANet what was trying to do with leagues, away. It basically shows they did not look at their own metrics, at least to any real degree during scheduling.

Even if you are playing just to have fun, you can’t really argue that for at least some people, knowing you are basically destined to lose can take some of the fight out of them.

For me, it was the Bloodlust stomp nerf. That spark to small group/roaming was excellent and to see it overturned so quickly did make me feel disappointed. I still play because I enjoy the fighting – but you must understand that things like these two examples can put a damper on the fighting spirit.

That’s a Bingo.
Sine Pari

in WvW

Posted by: Psykoyul.9147

Psykoyul.9147

Bottom line: JQ is starting 10 points ahead of BG and SOR.

0, 2 or 4 points actually
Depending of the result of the “non easy” MU occuring during the two extra free wins offered to JQ.

I’m from JQ and I totally agree this schedule is really really bad.
Having a 1-2-3 MU to start and to finish is a great idea, don’t modify that.
But please Anet pay attention to the five weeks in between…
Even the free wins 2-2-1 should have been a priority…

GM of Soul Reapers [SR] JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Serkz.3140

Serkz.3140

Winning the league isn’t guaranteed for JQ. SoR is guaranteed a win in all matchups not involving JQ so they have a shot at winning the league as well.

How charming of you for totally discounting BG which IMO has been the least arrogant and least hypocritical on this thread.

80 ele | wolf rank | Bgate

in WvW

Niim.9260

I guess I miss the point.

The point is that the leagues could have been more interesting than this, more fairly balanced. When one server, regardless of who that is – is given a significant advantage, it takes lot of the allure of what ANet what was trying to do with leagues, away.

So the limitation in this league being interesting, fairly balanced, without a server having significant advantage over another is JQ’s ‘easy’ schedule, not the fact that a 6 server bracket has three servers that are considered ‘easy’ and not really part of the competition?

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Az z.2746

Az z.2746

We would need 20 weeks to have an actually balanced season, but no one wants that. Still, 7 weeks seems like a random number.

The best option I can think would be a 4 week season.

1 Week:
Rank2 vs Rank3 vs Rank4
Rank1 vs Rank5 vs Rank6

2 Week:
Rank1 vs Rank3 vs Rank5
Rank2 vs Rank4 vs Rank6

3Week:
Rank1 vs Rank2 vs Rank6
Rank3 vs Rank4 vs Rank5

4Week:
Rank1 vs Rank2 vs Rank3
Rank4 vs Rank5 vs Rank6

Azz ~
( Sg Az / Rg Az / Wr Az / Gr Az )
http://www.youtube.com/user/azzalan/

in WvW

Ethurian.3751

considered ‘easy’

The disparity between T1 and T2 is not something that could have been balanced without forceful intervention from ANet or the playerbase. The disparity between the T1 servers themselves, in the form of scheduling, IS something that could have been done. Or I should say, done correctly.

You are missing my point. Though you are still making a solid point of your own, in that there is a disparity between T1 and T2 – but I don’t know what to tell you. I wish Gold League was just the top three. But it isn’t. The real competition is between the T1 servers. Surprise! But to see even /that/ competition basically ruined because of the poor scheduling is the point. The only fair competition that /could/ have been for Gold League.

And besides from what I hear, TC completely owns shop on T2 so there isn’t much balance there either.

That’s a Bingo.
Sine Pari

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Lol Jade Quarry have been stacking hard to make sure they win, and then Anet gives them an auto-win. I hope you all get bored and quit.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

in WvW

Niim.9260

considered ‘easy’

The disparity between T1 and T2 is not something that could have been balanced without forceful intervention from ANet or the playerbase. The disparity between the T1 servers themselves, in the form of scheduling, IS something that could have been done. Or I should say, done correctly.

You are missing my point. Though you are still making a solid point of your own, in that there is a disparity between T1 and T2 – but I don’t know what to tell you. I wish Gold League was just the top three. But it isn’t. The real competition is between the T1 servers. Surprise! But to see even /that/ competition basically ruined because of the poor scheduling is the point. The only fair competition that /could/ have been for Gold League.

It does not matter that you wanted the Gold League to be the top 3 servers, it is in fact the top six. So when you consider the issues surrounding Gold league the bigger issue is the disparity between T1 and T2, not the matching disparity you are QQing about.

You are preemptively QQing because JQ might win a gold dolyak finisher because of poor matching while my server was excited because when they logged on in the morning they still had objectives. Do you have any idea how silly your point is to the rest of us?

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Taras.4367

Taras.4367

Honestly this is an entertaining post. But in all seriousness instead of QQ’ing about it go help your server win. posting posts like this wont do anything.

in WvW

Ethurian.3751

You are preemptively QQing because JQ might win a gold dolyak finisher

That isn’t of concern to me. Some trivial token of server-stacking-status. All I’m saying is, given the circumstances, say for example… that there are 6 servers in Gold League, with 3 of them particularly strong, the scheduling could have been better.

It certainly wouldn’t make any sense trying to control the one thing ANet has the easiest control over.

I don’t play for PPT or Server Ego Farming, I was simply making the point – as even stated earlier, that this kind of scheduling is a disappointment for the first season of leagues.

That’s a Bingo.
Sine Pari

(edited by Ethurian.3751)

in WvW

Posted by: Gerby.6219

Gerby.6219

“SoR is generally happy with the schedule, we hope to fight hard for a win. Our server’s biggest fear was getting boring matchups. Good luck to all this season.”

- Indo Xx

Hm

in WvW

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

You guys are complaining about hard/fair matches when Mag just pulled all-nighters so that we could have consistently outnumbered fights and avoid seal-clubbing in Silver league?

Man T1 really is full-to-the-brim with bandwagoning scrubs.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

You guys are complaining about hard/fair matches when Mag just pulled all-nighters so that we could have consistently outnumbered fights and avoid seal-clubbing in Silver league?

Man T1 really is full-to-the-brim with bandwagoning scrubs.

Basically this.

in WvW

Posted by: Mystery.7392

Mystery.7392

I wonder if we ever get an answer from a Mod on this..

Aloha Luana – The Iron Triangle [IRON]
Warrior – Gunnar’s Hold
Will always love Elona!

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Most of us that take issue with this just want the schedule to be a bit more even in terms of the effort required to win the league. No one can deny that JQ is heavily favored due to the schedule. That said, I can’t disagree with Indo on this either. At least we’ll have some better matches overall. Also, if a server does score more overall points than JQ, it will make the win oh so much sweeter and actually mean something beyond a silly finisher. Yeah it’s probably JQ’s league to lose if the schedule stays the same, but it’s also ours to win. I like being in that position.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Wow, so many BG players already sharing their feelings with the world? Maybe you could open up a facebook group – my name proposal would be “All this money for being 3rd”.
I’d prefer fighting BG and SoR every week as I did when BG was the fotm. Yeah, we have a stupid schedule, but most of don’t care if we are 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th, we played even after BG and SoR absorbed some of our NA and OCX guild and as we were the only T1 server without any EU presence.
It’s not our fault when you joined BG for getting #1 easy and now you have to work for it.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

Posted by: Monsoon.2589

Monsoon.2589

It’s not our fault when you joined BG for getting #1 easy and now you have to work for it.

If this isn’t a perfect example of psychological projection then I don t know what it is.

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

“SoR is generally happy with the schedule, we hope to fight hard for a win. Our server’s biggest fear was getting boring matchups. Good luck to all this season.”

- Indo Xx

I agree with Indo. SoR should have ‘easy’ weeks against BG anyway, if last week was any indication :P

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

gebrechen.5643

I’m just trolling your whining server mates. Why? Because I can’t hear it anymore. You always complain. You stack your server and win against SoR and JQ your server fills the forums with “BEASTGATE” and stuff. If you don’t win you start a whine parade against the server who beat you “It’s so unfair, you stacked your [NA/OCX/SEA/EU]” and start a big crowd funding campaign while blaming SoR or JQ for overstacking.
Maybe you should start muting those players. I don’t call names, because you know them yourself.
It’s a game, all T1 servers are stacked, there is no superlative of stacked. The majority of JQ wants good fights and we didn’t make that schedule nor do we like it. So please don’t blame us.

in WvW

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Well I can think of one possible “player-controlled” solution to this mess:

Use those BG and SoR “war chests” you guys have to transfer your top guilds to JQ’s T1 opponent the week that you have your “easy” match to make sure JQ doesn’t win those weeks either.

(no Gem Purchases though don’t want to reward ANet for this fiasco)

I mean if the people on BG and SoR are truly upset about JQ’s “easy ride” you can do something about it.

NAGA|TC

in WvW

Ethurian.3751

[..]we didn’t make that schedule nor do we like it. So please don’t blame us.

Yes because this thread is obviously about blaming JQ for the schedule. Afterall JQ develops Guild Wars 2.

That’s a Bingo.
Sine Pari

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

Thank SoR for turning a what should be a discussion about WvW League mechanics into trolling BG.

Stay classy.

in WvW

gebrechen.5643

Yes because this thread is obviously about blaming JQ for the schedule. Afterall JQ develops Guild Wars 2.

Read the posts from many of the people here, especially BG players and try again.

in WvW

Ethurian.3751

Read the posts from many of the people here, especially BG players and try again.

What a stunning observation. Can you please provide at least two specific examples of individuals saying this is JQ’s fault?

That’s a Bingo.
Sine Pari

in WvW

Posted by: Sparks.3275

Sparks.3275

All of this is irrelevant if JQ wins this week.

[KnT] Voltexx
[KnT] Kid Trunks
Blackgate since Beta

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

If it makes you feel any better, Piken has to fight the top Tier 1 servers four times while SFR and Viz get a “free” week. But haven’t seen anyone complaining about it … yet.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Serkz.3140

I’m just trolling your whining server mates. Why? Because I can’t hear it anymore. You always complain. You stack your server and win against SoR and JQ your server fills the forums with “BEASTGATE” and stuff.

Forum posts are read not heard so I’m uncertain what it is you’ve been hearing. Just chill, no need to be overly irritable.

in WvW

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

If it makes you feel any better, Piken has to fight the top Tier 1 servers four times while SFR and Viz get a “free” week. But haven’t seen anyone complaining about it … yet.

its because Vizu will win no matter who they face.

in NA we have BIG 3 not just BIG 1 like EU.

Blackgate

in WvW

Serkz.3140

The best way to illustrate the state of NA’s big 3 is through this chart. Notice how relatively close the scores are between bg jq and sor. However, when a tier 2 is in the mix, the score gaps widen significantly.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

its because Vizu will win no matter who they face.

in NA we have BIG 3 not just BIG 1 like EU.

Naw, SFR could take it. We have a decent shot too.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

The problem is essentially this (let’s assume BG has a really bad 7 weeks) if:
-SoR wins week 1 or 7 and JQ wins the other (and BG is third both times)
-SoR beats JQ in their 1v1
-SoR takes 2 out of 3 in the 1v1s against BG

All JQ needs to do to tie SoR for FIRST is beat BG (who is clearly having a rough 2 months from the above assumptions) in their 1v1.

tl;dr: for JQ to come in second (and not tie for first) first place needs to win either all 3 matches against JQ, all but 1 match overall, or third place needs to beat JQ at least once. For JQ to come in third they pretty much need to collapse and come dead last in both 3 way matches.

Anyone who thinks JQ consistently dominates t1 and that it’s ok to hand them a free win because they were going to win for sure anyway has either been living under a rock for a very long time, works for arenanet, or is from JQ.

(edited by Terra Dactyl.2047)

in WvW

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

I honestly feel horrible for tier 2. I know the whole point of these leagues and random matchups is to diminish the disparity between tiers but this season is going to suck for them, and tier 1s the one to complain.

“Oh no, we’re not going to be able to smash tier 2 in the face as much as the other tier 1 servers… Qqqqqqq” end scene.

… I still want tengu.

(edited by Hammerguard.9834)

in WvW

Serkz.3140

No it has nothing to do with wanting to smash the faces of tier 2. That’s quite shallow, that’s not how we think. It does have to do with exhausting our resources earlier and more often. It’s not easy going against one of big 3s.

in WvW

Terra Dactyl.2047

No it has nothing to do with wanting to smash the faces of tier 2. That’s quite shallow, that’s not how we think. It does have to do with exhausting our resources earlier and more often. It’s not easy going against one of big 3s.

It also has more to do with how badly JQ has to kitten the bed to not come in at least second. Even two of the t1 servers getting 2 free wins and the third getting 1 would be better than JQ getting 3.

in WvW

Posted by: Sjofn.7418

Sjofn.7418

I would think SoR and BG would want to save schedule whining for towards the end, as a sort of back up excuse, not burn it right out of the gate! No sense of timing.

I’d rather not have that many easy weeks, because it’s boring. But given I’ve thought this whole WvW league thing was stupid to start with, especially since the non-T1 servers have virtually nothing to look forward to, I can’t get too worked up about it either. At least TC/SoS/Mag get a break from us for two of the weeks, I guess.

I don’t think you understand. Many of us on TC, SoS and Mag, look forward to the fights and the endless blob busting action. Who cares what server wins. I’m very much looking forward to always be paired with a t1 server.

That’s good to hear! I really mean it, my biggest concern with the leagues was how lame they’d be for the non-T1 servers in gold. Not caring about what server wins is freeing, but being the underdog 100% of the time gets really tiring too. But if zerg busting is enough (and you can also decide which T1 server you hate less and help them indirectly against the other when those sorts of match ups happen, I guess!), then I actually feel a little better about the whole thing!

(Hi, I was on Mid/Igraine in DAoC, I may still be a little bitter. :P)

Bjalla Lofnsson/Orlando Fabuloso/Sjofn Lofnsdottr
Slap in the Face, Jade Quarry

in WvW

Serkz.3140

Yeah of course. It seems questionable when you’re in a seasonal competition and one of your biggest rivals has a pass on easy street. Meanwhile your server guilds and commanders remain in almost non-stop combat.

in WvW

Serkz.3140

It’s like taking an exam except theirs already has half of the answers filled-out.

in WvW

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

This is almost as good for popcorn as the matchup thread. I think they need a merge, mods.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Winning the league isn’t guaranteed for JQ. SoR is guaranteed a win in all matchups not involving JQ so they have a shot at winning the league as well.

How charming of you for totally discounting BG which IMO has been the least arrogant and least hypocritical on this thread.

As an SOR player, I fully expect to split those match ups with BG. Which means JQ will pull out in front. Not sure how that’s arrogance.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

can someone post a link to the source of the matchup schedule? cant seem to find. thanks.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in WvW

Terra Dactyl.2047

As an SOR player, I fully expect to split those match ups with BG. Which means JQ will pull out in front. Not sure how that’s arrogance.

What?

“SoR is guaranteed a win in all matchups not involving JQ” = Assuming they’re going to win every match against BG = Arrogant

Your post stating a different opinion doesn’t magically nullify the originally quoted post and make it not arrogant. That’s not how words work.

in WvW

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

Lol you guys why cry and complain about everything . Just enjoy the challenge.

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

in WvW

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

What?

“SoR is guaranteed a win in all matchups not involving JQ” = Assuming they’re going to win every match against BG = Arrogant

I dont know about that. BG clearly needed JQ’s help to get SoR garri, only to easily lose it again.

At the time when we were defending SoR garri, while being low on numbers, we were hit by JQ from the west and BG from the east at the same time. They both moved into inner garri at the same time. They didn’t fight eachother, and once BG was capping the lord’s room in SoR garri, i saw JQ move out. I don’t know what kind of deal you made, but that was a very obvious double team. SoR was too low on forces, and it would have made sense if JQ attempted to wipe BG and take garri instead, but they didn’t even try to put up a fight.

BG couldn’t have pulled it off without JQ.

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

in WvW

Terra Dactyl.2047

What?

I dont know about that. BG clearly needed JQ’s help to get SoR garri, only to easily lose it again.

At the time when we were defending SoR garri, while being low on numbers, we were hit by JQ from the west and BG from the east at the same time. They both moved into inner garri at the same time. They didn’t fight eachother, and once BG was capping the lord’s room in SoR garri, i saw JQ move out. I don’t know what kind of deal you made, but that was a very obvious double team. SoR was too low on forces, and it would have made sense if JQ attempted to wipe BG and take garri instead, but they didn’t even try to put up a fight.

BG couldn’t have pulled it off without JQ.

Meanwhile in JQ BL map chat, BG commanders were telling us to let SoR have JQ’s garri. Clearly SoR couldn’t have pulled it off without BG.

So if we need JQ, and you need us, JQ must need…. arenanet?