JQ 3 easy weeks in schedule, SOR 1 and BG 1?

in WvW

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

Frankly, it’s ridiculous that there are any weeks in the leagues that “easy.” It’s supposed to be some kind of competition, but the servers are so insanely unbalanced that most have no chance of winning in their league. The whole system is a joke.

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: sorceren.4691

sorceren.4691

I say let JQ have their easy win. Anyone who knows anything about NA league will know that title will be meaningless as Anet basically gave JQ the title. Plus more scrubs will bandwagon to JQ because of it too, so that can only be a good thing for the other T1 servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Jett.1239

Jett.1239

If you’re bragging about your server/ belittling other servers, I suggest you take a hard look at your life and reevaluate your priorities.

It’s clear that leagues are imbalanced for a number of reasons and no amount of self-admiration is going to change that.

(edited by Jett.1239)

in WvW

Posted by: Slushey.8236

Slushey.8236

This thread isn’t about whether or not Jade Quarry gets an easy win. It’s about the overtime that Blackgate and Sanctum of Rall have to put in to stand a chance. Blackgate is weak during Oceanic, so members of our NA guilds are staying up late to give their support. Our SEA also needs support, so our Oceanics are doing overtime. Then we have to deal with the EU, so NA guilds are getting up early. The fact is that people want their efforts to go towards something, and putting in all these extra hours is useless is Jade Quarry only needs to play overtime for 3 or 4 weeks compared to Blackgate and Sanctum of Rall who only get one week where we don’t need overtime. It’s physically draining and commanders and players alike are going to burn out with all this pressure. People want to win, its the first league, and we want a fair chance.

Grand Duke Slushey of the Knîghtmare Court
Blackgate | Knîghtmare [KnM] | Knights of the Temple [KnT] | Attuned [Att]

in WvW

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Can we have some mod response pleaseeee?

in WvW

Posted by: iEuthanasia.2306

iEuthanasia.2306

This thread isn’t about whether or not Jade Quarry gets an easy win. It’s about the overtime that Blackgate and Sanctum of Rall have to put in to stand a chance. Blackgate is weak during Oceanic, so members of our NA guilds are staying up late to give their support. Our SEA also needs support, so our Oceanics are doing overtime. Then we have to deal with the EU, so NA guilds are getting up early. The fact is that people want their efforts to go towards something, and putting in all these extra hours is useless is Jade Quarry only needs to play overtime for 3 or 4 weeks compared to Blackgate and Sanctum of Rall who only get one week where we don’t need overtime. It’s physically draining and commanders and players alike are going to burn out with all this pressure. People want to win, its the first league, and we want a fair chance.

This.

in WvW

Posted by: Slaet.4513

Slaet.4513

Exactly. I love the suggested rotation that lets each server only get one easy week. Right now it feels like the developers want Jade Quarry to win.

in WvW

Posted by: That Other Guy.7351

That Other Guy.7351

I don’t understand why we have 7 rounds in the first place when it should actually be 10 if we’re to play out all possible matchups. Allow me to illustrate:
ABC DEF
ABD CEF
ABE CDF
ABF CDE

ACD BEF
ACE BDF
ACF BDE

ADE BCF
ADF BCE

AEF BCD

(edited by That Other Guy.7351)

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

With the way this week is going so far, I’m surprised you guys are still worried about us winning, honestly o.O

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Given that there has been no developer response to this post, it can only be assumed to be working as intended. And it looks like that intention is for JQ to win NA golden Tier. I doubt that Anet would look at changing this anyway.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

I don’t understand why we have 7 rounds in the first place when it should actually be 10 if we’re to play out all possible matchups. Allow me to illustrate:
ABC DEF
ABD CEF
ABE CDF
ABF CDE

ACD BEF
ACE BDF
ACF BDE

ADE BCF
ADF BCE

AEF BCD

With all due respect, not every league has 6 servers in it. That would be fair for NA gold league, but a league with 12 (i.e. NA silver league) would need significantly more than 10 weeks. I don’t know about you, but I don’t really want to wait 5 months+ for the first league to end just so every single possible matchup can happen in each league at least once.

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Winning the league isn’t guaranteed for JQ. SoR is guaranteed a win in all matchups not involving JQ so they have a shot at winning the league as well.

How charming of you for totally discounting BG which IMO has been the least arrogant and least hypocritical on this thread.

As an SOR player, I fully expect to split those match ups with BG. Which means JQ will pull out in front. Not sure how that’s arrogance.

What?

“SoR is guaranteed a win in all matchups not involving JQ” = Assuming they’re going to win every match against BG = Arrogant

Your post stating a different opinion doesn’t magically nullify the originally quoted post and make it not arrogant. That’s not how words work.

Maybe you are missing the point of the thread. JQ will amass tons of points while SOR and BG will be beating each other to death and splitting weeks.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

No response from Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: That Other Guy.7351

That Other Guy.7351

I indeed was so concentrated on gold league that I failed to notice that silver and bronze consist of 9 servers each. Arguably balancing gold league is more important, but it’s not really fair to leave silver and bronze out of the picture.

Ofc the real underlying issue here is that there’s just no way to properly match up servers when we have such large falloffs in the performance of servers at various points in the rankings and that is a very difficult problem to address.

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Sorry guys, Arenanet employees are busy this weekend. As many of us have noticed already, most of them seem to be tagged up as “Anet” and playing on JQ server…

Seriously, I really wish that that was a joke, and I’m sure it must be coincidence, but we have all noticed it since Friday night’s reset. We managed to count 9 Anet tags in a single Tower today on BGBL, which for most of us is the largest number of Anet tags we’d ever sen in a single place since Beta ended.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in WvW

Posted by: Serkz.3140

Serkz.3140

One way this arrangement can be justified is by assigning each server a score/rank based on its rank pre-season. So a lower ranking server gets a bonus for each point earned from a higher ranking server.

For example (hypothetical), points earned by tc from jq will have a multiple of 1.25. on the other hand, points earned by jq from tc will only have a 0.79 multiple.

points earned between jq sor bg will be pegged at one.

this way, the higher ranking server will work harder vs lower rank.

just throwing this out as a possibility. it would be nice to hear from devs tho.

80 ele | wolf rank | Bgate

(edited by Serkz.3140)

in WvW

Posted by: Kiff.8157

Kiff.8157

Sorry guys, Arenanet employees are busy this weekend. As many of us have noticed already, most of them seem to be tagged up as “Anet” and playing on JQ server…

Seriously, I really wish that that was a joke, and I’m sure it must be coincidence, but we have all noticed it since Friday night’s reset. We managed to count 9 Anet tags in a single Tower today on BGBL, which for most of us is the largest number of Anet tags we’d ever sen in a single place since Beta ended.

This is true. Clearly ANETS intend to let JQ win.
In a letter they replied to me GM Ginger sounded like they intended to design in this way so that BG and SOR will have more players to participate. and also it is mentioned that bg and sor “still have chance” in the “subsequent weeks” which completely indicate that they understand that JQ will win those three weeks and so what, it is like “we are giving them three weeks free win and to pity bg and sor i give you another 3 weeks chance to beat them so you won’t accuse me to be unfair, smart right?”

in WvW

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

Meanwhile Mag’s perspective: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pipTwjwrQYQ

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

in WvW

Posted by: Rhaegus.8924

Rhaegus.8924

I don’t get this topic. SoR is kicking our hineys right now thx to their EU and strong NA. Why still claim JQ will win while clearly SoR is the top dog?

(edited by Rhaegus.8924)

in WvW

Posted by: Stillsky.2615

Stillsky.2615

This.

This nothing! Let them burn out. Maybe they’ll transfer down and help normalize the rest of the WvW population (unless JQ buys them first.)

aZn
~Maguuma~

in WvW

Kiff.8157

I don’t get this topic. SoR is kicking our hineys right now thx to their EU and strong NA. Why still claim JQ will win while clearly SoR is the top dog?

I don’t get it either, why still JQ players keep talking about how sor kick your kitten when the topic is about JQ having three easy weeks?
I think people had already explained numerous times how this will affect the burnt out level and mentality stress to BG/SOR commanders as well as dedicated wvw players. Full batteries bunny fighting dying batteries bunny, what is the odd for the later to win? that’s the main point. And it sounds like you think that when sor is winning then jq should have easy week and free win as compensation? I dont get it, i really dont.

in WvW

Rhaegus.8924

So, you’re saying being bored to death for 3 weeks in a row is more profitable than having awesome fights for 3 weeks in a row?
Wanna switch?

in WvW

Posted by: jblade.6470

jblade.6470

I’m not trying to be rude or say anyone is wrong, but I’m curious why everyone seems certain about who will win against who. If it was a for sure victory or loss, why even play? JQ could easily loose against any two other servers in the league that work together and I think they are loosing right now as well. I know the point of the post is saying they will have “easier” matchups, but how is everyone so confident in that they will be easy?

in WvW

Kiff.8157

I’m not trying to be rude or say anyone is wrong, but I’m curious why everyone seems certain about who will win against who. If it was a for sure victory or loss, why even play? JQ could easily loose against any two other servers in the league that work together and I think they are loosing right now as well. I know the point of the post is saying they will have “easier” matchups, but how is everyone so confident in that they will be easy?

The topic says it already mate, what we meant is the three easy weeks against T2 servers.
Basically they start the league with 15 pts lead on the chart. JQ only have to ensure they dont lose the other 4 weeks while Bg/SOR have to work hard and make sure they are not losing 6 weeks. Mentality and physically it will be easier for JQ. You see the difference? It is not difficult to understand right? Is it?

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Exactly. SoR has the most numbers right now across all time zones to win. The panic over this is just getting crazy. If/When SoR wins every encounter against us, the ‘three easy wins’ won’t really mean much. If we somehow pull out a win this week, things may be different.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

waiting for anet response on Monday.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

Exactly. SoR has the most numbers right now across all time zones to win. The panic over this is just getting crazy. If/When SoR wins every encounter against us, the ‘three easy wins’ won’t really mean much. If we somehow pull out a win this week, things may be different.

You call it “panic”, I call it an even playing field.

JQ are the dominant server in terms of golds won and total medals (since TA retired). They won the last match against BG and SoR.

<shrug> I’d have hoped that JQ would have been here in numbers asking for the draw to be redone so that it’s fair to all potential winners. If they do win, it’ll be meaningless. If they lose, it’ll be embarrassing. Redoing the draw is win/win/win.

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

Waait a second. JQ gets 3 weeks with nothing to fight and you are calling them winners? In my book they are the loosers of this league draw. Enjoy your 3 weeks with nothing to fight JQ. I know I´ll be enjoying my 6 weeks with fights

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in WvW

Posted by: cyborG.3026

cyborG.3026

So… Sea of Sorrows anyone??

nah I’m just kidding. Make seasons longer, there’s actually no point to a 7 week season, considering a year is a whopping 52 weeks, making it have many multiple seasons in a year, which is actually, terrible.

20 weeks sounds reasonable, and said before, it provides a balanced matchmaking system than a 7 week system does. Hell, there’s another game that has there season practically as long as another sport.. and you should all know that game by now.

20 weeks provide for 2 season in a year, with an offseason making it more reasonable. Just make the rewards greater. It also kills off any hype given in the first few weeks which create lopsided wins (like the introduction to the achievements)

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

3 weeks of boring PvD isn’t a schedule I would want. :/

But that’s just me. I don’t care about golden dolyack finishers. I would rather have good fights.

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

So, you’re saying being bored to death for 3 weeks in a row is more profitable than having awesome fights for 3 weeks in a row?
Wanna switch?

Are you saying HzH is considering transferring servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

This.

This nothing! Let them burn out. Maybe they’ll transfer down and help normalize the rest of the WvW population (unless JQ buys them first.)

I am not sure why you think people will ever transfer down and play in scrubville…. makes no sense to me.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

I am not sure why you think people will ever transfer down and play in scrubville…. makes no sense to me.

Is it possible to transfer down from JQ?

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in WvW

Rhaegus.8924

Yes, it absolutely is.
According to last match-up we’d end up in a server called ‘Blackgate’ then.
Also

in WvW

Posted by: Slaet.4513

Slaet.4513

So… I like how the thread about changing a commander icon’s color gets a dev response, but not one in an important thread like this.

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Lol @ this being important.

in WvW

Posted by: Lifewaster.5912

Lifewaster.5912

Any of the top 3 could possibly win the league, it all depends on which one can most successfully manipulate another server into fighting on their behalf, during the crucial first and 7th matches.

This thread is a good example of the latter.

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

Yes, it absolutely is.
According to last match-up we’d end up in a server called ‘Blackgate’ then.
Also

I already transferred from BG to JQ to help balance them when BG kept stacking. Not gonna transfer any lower. Too many guilds move back up because lower than tier 1 ends up being mostly pvdoor.

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

In all honesty, Ive moved around a fair bit. Some of the most enjoyable fights I have had in game are on low tier servers. The fights in T1 are lame 99% of the time. If I wasn’t committed to the guild I was in, I would consider moving. But I am and they aint moving. It certainly seems like a good option though and Im surprised more guilds dont do it.

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

In all honesty, Ive moved around a fair bit. Some of the most enjoyable fights I have had in game are on low tier servers. The fights in T1 are lame 99% of the time. If I wasn’t committed to the guild I was in, I would consider moving. But I am and they aint moving. It certainly seems like a good option though and Im surprised more guilds dont do it.

More guilds don’t move because once they go down they realize the good fights are too far apart and they spend most of the time pvdoor.

If people wanted to do the small scale fights they would be in SPvp/TPvp and that’s what you find most once you leave T1.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Actually upon further analysis, this is bad for JQ. It puts a target on their head and encourages SoR and BG to double team JQ in their two matches together.

Assuming they do that, whoever wins the most of the head to head SoR vs. BG matches and the JQ/BG/SoR ones will be the winner of the league.

in WvW

Kiff.8157

Actually upon further analysis, this is bad for JQ. It puts a target on their head and encourages SoR and BG to double team JQ in their two matches together.

Assuming they do that, whoever wins the most of the head to head SoR vs. BG matches and the JQ/BG/SoR ones will be the winner of the league.

I wish everyone would try not to oversee the issue of doing overtime. Three weeks, bg and sor will most likey burnt thenselves out while jq is having a good rest. By the time bg/sor meet jq again, jq will be on high spirit and of course fully recovered from the first week. It puts sor and bg in an unfavourable position and might affect the result.
Doesnt matter you think it is boring, for most people, it is the league, for JQ (someone i know) as long as they win, they dont care it is fair or not.

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

With having a rest you mean “bored to death”?

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

Look at how mad you tier1 nerds are. This is what happens when you care about PPT. Keep on being bad at PvP and good at PvD/PvS t1. Since JQ will clearly win you should show up to fight clubs and go roaming, oh wait nvm what am I saying, that would require you to be away from zergs and siege.

in WvW

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

Look at how mad you tier1 nerds are. This is what happens when you care about PPT. Keep on being bad at PvP and good at PvD/PvS t1. Since JQ will clearly win you should show up to fight clubs and go roaming, oh wait nvm what am I saying, that would require you to be away from zergs and siege.

Actually, it’s about caring for even “fights” in terms of the Season 1 meta.

It’s about knowing the difference between PvP and WvW.

It’s about coordinating your scouts and your roaming groups to choke supply, hold BL and ninja where possible – while simultaneously running large groups in a strategically and tactically sound manner. PvD? Ask the SoR who were trying to take OGREs in EB last night for what? 5-6 hours?

It’s about wishing that JQ would be on here en masse asking for the draw to be redone to promote even competition in S1.

in WvW

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

Hey man I was the HzH commander commanding in BGBL last night, but the dev was not commanding and I promise it was only one. We did have a good time with the dev though he seemed to enjoy playing and thats all that really matters.

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in WvW

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Be nice to see some kind of response from a developer on this. Even if its just a small “Working as intended comment”

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

in WvW

Posted by: mmzn.8201

mmzn.8201

Be nice to see some kind of response from a developer on this. Even if its just a small “Working as intended comment”

Haha, think it won’t happen … ofc they already read this but will ignore like many other issues.

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

So what’s the deal, does anyone know if JQ is guaranteed to win this week, assuming at the least that T2 will never beat T1 and no other T2 will beat TC?

If JQ places 3rd in this match-up, does this give a chance for BG/SoR to win the league?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in WvW

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

So what’s the deal, does anyone know if JQ is guaranteed to win this week, assuming at the least that T2 will never beat T1 and no other T2 will beat TC?

If JQ places 3rd in this match-up, does this give a chance for BG/SoR to win the league?

Read though the thread, you will see the complaint is not about this week, but about the 7 week schedule. It would appear that JQ has an easier 7 week schedule than the other 2 top 3 realms. However, if realms continue to dbl team, then all bets are off.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ