JQ 3 easy weeks in schedule, SOR 1 and BG 1?

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

So what’s the deal, does anyone know if JQ is guaranteed to win this week, assuming at the least that T2 will never beat T1 and no other T2 will beat TC?

If JQ places 3rd in this match-up, does this give a chance for BG/SoR to win the league?

It gives ONE of them a chance, provided that either BG or SoR is willing to give up sleep altogether for the next 3 weeks, while the other server takes things a bit more casually. The most likely situation is that BG and SoR will cannibalize each other, splitting wins between them while JQ cruises to 3 easy wins. This would mean that one of these servers would have to have Commanders and Guilds staying awake for nearly the entire 7 weeks in order to win, as they would need nearly all 1st place finishes.

JQ finishing third this week probably affects TC more than BG/SoR, since TC’s population doesn’t go through a lot of drastic changes, and if this week is any indication Tier 2 looks even less competitive now than it was just 2 months ago. TC has 2 third place finishes on the schedule, 2 first place finishes, and 3 very likely second place finishes. It would be very possible for TC to get or tie for third place in the league, if JQ finished first in weeks 1 and 7, but it gets murkier if JQ finishes third.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

SoR and BG love to double team JQ. Makes ’em feel big and bad. :-)

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

“o what’s the deal, does anyone know if JQ is guaranteed to win this week”

Yeah oops, sorry, I meant “guaranteed to win this league”. there was a reddit post that talked about the math of this match-up and made some assumptions, concluding that JQ was guaranteed to win it all from the beginning.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in WvW

Sreoom.3690

Yeah oops, sorry, I meant “guaranteed to win this league”. there was a reddit post that talked about the math of this match-up and made some assumptions, concluding that JQ was guaranteed to win it all from the beginning.

Guarantees are for PvE.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

What’s the problem ? It’s a normal thing, it’s like champions league or World Cup, Some teams will have a easy tournament and other not so much, it’s cool this way.

Look at Piken Square and Riverside, 2 servers almost equal ( RS is maybe stronger ), we face Vizu and SFR togheter 2 times, RS will face them 1 by 1, there is no Vizu- SFR- RS programmed.

I’ve yet to see someone in game whining about it or pretending to halt the league just because ( only on paper ) we have a tiny little disadvantage vs RS, get a grip, play you league and have fun !

in WvW

Posted by: amiable.4823

amiable.4823

You guys are complaining about hard/fair matches when Mag just pulled all-nighters so that we could have consistently outnumbered fights and avoid seal-clubbing in Silver league?

Man T1 really is full-to-the-brim with bandwagoning scrubs.

This really can’t be repeated enough.

Aliquot Love – Engineer
Gable Thorn – Elementalist
Shining in Darkness – Warrior – Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

No, JQ isn’t guaranteed to win it all. They are almost guaranteed to come in second at worst, and for the weeks 2-4 they should take 1st place without even knowing that the League stuff is still happening, while BG and SoR pray that none of their Commanders pass out face-down on their keyboards from exhaustion, as there is no possible way for both BG AND SoR to take as many first place wins as JQ, since they play each other for 5 of the 7 weeks of this Season, so only 1 of the other Tier 1 servers even stands a chance of getting first place, the other will, at best, tie for 3rd, or possibly even finish 4th behind TC.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in WvW

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

I really dont get why anyone is complaining, who cares who wins some stupid league. The only thing you should care about is having fun and great matches, and it Seems SOR and BG will have that. I acttually feel bad for JQ for having to pvdoor for so many weeks, i also feel bad for SOS/MAG/TC who gotta deal with the big 3

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in WvW

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

I really dont get why anyone is complaining, who cares who wins some stupid league. The only thing you should care about is having fun and great matches, and it Seems SOR and BG will have that. I acttually feel bad for JQ for having to pvdoor for so many weeks, i also feel bad for SOS/MAG/TC who gotta deal with the big 3

Some would argue, winning is fun. However, you’re point is well taken, we lost Garrison on JQ last night in an epic loooong 3 way battle that was very fun and entertaining, edge of seat stuff.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

I don’t think winning is the main reason for complaint, I think its more about it being fair. If your out for the fights, nothing changed and there are going to be some great fights! If you are here to win, we just want it fair.

As a player on BG I want to win or beat JQ/SoR (how ever you want to look at it) but if SoR or JQ won a fair, even across the board season then awesome because at least we had fun getting there. Just saying its going to kitten off a lot of people if JQ wins because of these “easy” matches.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Greek.4396

Greek.4396

Man everyone is going nuts over the leagues, I bet at the end of season 1 the winning servers will just get a bunch of blues/greens and candy corn or better yet…delicious zhaitaffy mmmmmmm <3 possibly a mini siege razor

Server – Blackgate | Rev Main
Main Guild – oPP/RIOT/yumy(Booty Bakery)
IGN- Greek Kenpachi | Champion Ritualist

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

You guys are complaining about hard/fair matches when Mag just pulled all-nighters so that we could have consistently outnumbered fights and avoid seal-clubbing in Silver league?

Man T1 really is full-to-the-brim with bandwagoning scrubs.

This really can’t be repeated enough.

T1 is extremely competitive and there’s not much separating the 3 servers except in timezone coverage with each arguably having different strong timezones. If we are to see who’s really better (I mean, that’s what the leagues are for right?) then we would at least need to have fairly similar schedules – something we don’t have right now.

JQ is currently guaranteed – at the very minimum – a second place finish. SoR, BG and TC are fighting for the other spots and SoS and Mag are battling for last and second last spot in the league. That’s not an ideal situation in a competition.

For me personally, it’s about who really dominates WvW moreso than anything else. Something we won’t see from Season 1.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: amiable.4823

amiable.4823

JQ is currently guaranteed – at the very minimum – a second place finish. SoR, BG and TC are fighting for the other spots and SoS and Mag are battling for last and second last spot in the league. That’s not an ideal situation in a competition.

This is correct, but it highlights how meaningless the entire system is and why this complaint is so puerile. Ultimately the “competition” revolves primarily about time-zone coverage and being able to queue every map 24/7. The “competition” aspect of this is utterly devoid of meaning, so it would be much better to focus on having fun, interesting fights and letting the chips fall where they may than caterwauling about schedule discrepancies making it more difficult for certain servers to get their golden buffalo finishing move. Just focus on having fun and don’t worry about the ranking, it’s totally pointless.

Aliquot Love – Engineer
Gable Thorn – Elementalist
Shining in Darkness – Warrior – Mag

in WvW

Posted by: NightShadow.1429

NightShadow.1429

I love how many are saying JQ should be in here kittening about the schedule, and I have to say I think we would be if we hadn’t been double fisted this entire week- If you guys had put on an actual fight instead of 2v1 the whole time, JQ probably wouldn’t be irked half as much at the current match up, and be more willing to come in and say hey, let’s change this. As it stands, I think we just want to watch you bash heads against one another for a bit.

“Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster,
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

in WvW

Posted by: Monsoon.2589

Monsoon.2589

- When JQ wins you claim its because you are not stacked and just better players
- When JQ loses its because the other servers are double teaming and pugs are blocking queues

and in between you look at yourself in the mirror…

in WvW

Zikory.6871

I love how many are saying JQ should be in here kittening about the schedule, and I have to say I think we would be if we hadn’t been double fisted this entire week- If you guys had put on an actual fight instead of 2v1 the whole time, JQ probably wouldn’t be irked half as much at the current match up, and be more willing to come in and say hey, let’s change this. As it stands, I think we just want to watch you bash heads against one another for a bit.

Why are people still complaining about 2v1? JQ is the bigger threat and has the best match ups, gets 2v1….BG was in the lead, got 2v1, SoR took lead, got 2v1.

By the way there was a consistent 2v1 in EBG all Saturday into Sunday morning, SoR posted at ograth with JQ hitting the other side. For hours! And it was a blast! So don’t act as if JQ is the only one getting 2v1.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Except, this whole thread is mute. When it’s already been factored that SoR and BG can easily manipulate the matches to end the season in a tie. In which, both worlds would get the rewards? This is an actual problem with the schedule.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Sreoom.3690

- When JQ wins you claim its because you are not stacked and just better players
- When JQ loses its because the other servers are double teaming and pugs are blocking queues

We deserve it both when we win and when we lose.

Do you deny that SoR and BG double team JQ? I have seen zergs from both fighting side by side attacking JQ…just saying.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

We deserve it both when we win and when we lose.

Do you deny that SoR and BG double team JQ? I have seen zergs from both fighting side by side attacking JQ…just saying.

Same thing happens to BG. Everyone gets 2v1’d!

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: Serkz.3140

Serkz.3140

Nothing would make me happier than to see Scarlet and her minions invading JQBL

80 ele | wolf rank | Bgate

in WvW

Posted by: Frigid.6027

Frigid.6027

care less about ppt and more about having fun fighting. if you want to feel like youve won something, go do a dungeon and collect your ultra rare and cool tokens and gold.

Bounce – [xoxo] Zerg Me Like You Love Me [oPP] Over Powered People

in WvW

Posted by: dragon.8071

dragon.8071

stop with the spreading of lies. sor do not double team anyone. we can easily take on bg and jq and send them fair weather rookies where they belong. the schedule is fine. jq needs the easier schedule. they are so stacked they probably have all non coordinated pugs in there to help them lose it.

Zerg Doors [ZD]

“Recent Graduate of Maguuma University with a degree in Forums Politics”

in WvW

Vol.5241

Everyone double teams everyone.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in WvW

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

true, I even double teamed myself once.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in WvW

Zikory.6871

Fraps or didn’t happen.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

LOL. I’m trying to work that one out in my head and so far it ain’t pretty.

But yeah, we’re all getting 2v1’d, as it should be in the three-way (hot) match. I would argue that the top 3 servers are the only ones that can pull it off correctly and consistently. So ya’ll should be patting yourselves on the back rather than crying about it.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Vol.5241

I think everyone here should just come to accept that every server
-double teams
-hacks
-zergs/blobs

No one server is better than the other (morally). We’re all equally bad.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in WvW

Posted by: Carize.8532

Carize.8532

-double teams
-hacks
-zergs/blobs

For me that’s the fun of T1. OK, we may have days where skill lag is annoying (nay, rage-inducing) but that is the price for the hilarious fights where we see Enemy #1 {SoR} roll up and over the back of Enemy #2 {BG}
loud cackling laughs on TS “Did you see that??!! HA HA HAAAAA!”

Then when it’s our turn to get steamrolled by the other two servers it is, of course: "Oh those JERKS!!!
scornful muttering

I looooove the JQ\SoR\BG weeks, man….

Bianca Helios, Ele :: Ganna Shouztu, Ranger :: Selad Mahen, Necro :: Rowan Nightseer, Warr
Melodic Whisper, Thief :: Mephelotic Phantasm, Mes :: Xoboda, Guard :: Plikkik, Engi
Jade Quarry since launch then I started wandering the borderlands of Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: NightShadow.1429

NightShadow.1429

-double teams
-hacks
-zergs/blobs

Alright, I rescind my statement, was made in the moment and I agree, everyone does double team, and the zerging is just part of it… but please enough of the hacking/sabotage. THAT is just pure unsportsmanlike for anyone to do, and is plain irritating and counterproductive to an enjoyable match up. No one enjoys hacking and disruptions and trolls, even though we all have to deal with them (this is at ALL servers).

“Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster,
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

in WvW

Posted by: Neuroticgrim.8769

Neuroticgrim.8769

Anet,

Please adjust the schedule, the entire reason for the leagues was a healthy competition between ALL servers, and to introduce more players into the WVW environment. I understand that Blackgate has slim chances in taking first due to our coverage gaps, and could care less about some special finisher. I just want a very healthy competition between the TOP 3 (JQ/BG/SOR) [Sorry 4, 5 ,6, and no offense, but we all know how many more players that top 3 have and how strong their coverages are]

Please change the schedule to the following to be fair to all three servers:

Week 1 = SOR JQ BG = easy week for TC

Week 2 = BG SOR = easy week for JQ

Week 3 = SOR JQ = easy week for BG

Week 4 = JQ BG = easy week for SOR

Week 5 = SOR BG = easy week for JQ

Week 6 = SOR JQ = easy week for BG

Week 7 = JQ BG = easy week for SOR

Also, how could you have done this in the first place? I see numerous Anet tags on SOR during NA prime, how could you have even set up your own server at a disadvantage?

[JINX] – [BG → FA] – (Veteran Commander) – Neuroticanecro

in WvW

dragon.8071

Also, how could you have done this in the first place? I see numerous Anet tags on SOR during NA prime, how could you have even set up your own server at a disadvantage?

it’s called confidence and abilities. sor is willing to take on jq and bg anytime anywhere. we can even do it when we are outmanned. you can’t say that about bg or jq right? they rely on pvd.

Zerg Doors [ZD]

in WvW

Posted by: Gotchaz.7865

Gotchaz.7865

I agree everyone seems to double team yesterdays garrison fight was pretty obvious tho we had both sor and bg taking out all the gates and I mean all of them before attempting the lord. It was fun tho still took over 2+ hrs fighting in inner before we lost. My client crashed before that tho >. <

Beowulf-Defender of the JQ Realm and Warrior of the SF clan.

in WvW

Zikory.6871

it’s called confidence and abilities. sor is willing to take on jq and bg anytime anywhere. we can even do it when we are outmanned. you can’t say that about bg or jq right? they rely on pvd.

I know your just talking to troll but I just want to make sure know how ignorant you sound. If you really want to troll you may want to take some lessons from your server mates that are much more in tune with the ways of the troll…

SoR’s EU? Highest EU population of the 3 servers so that makes you guys PvD in EU. JQ highest SEA population of the 3 so they PvD in SEA. So what time zone is all this BG PvD coming from? Cuz so far it seems all 3 servers are fielding quite a lot of people…or are you confused because you bandwagoned up from a server that sees real PvD and don’t know what you’re talking about?

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

dragon.8071

So what time zone is all this BG PvD coming from? Cuz so far it seems all 3 servers are fielding quite a lot of people…or are you confused because you bandwagoned up from a server that sees real PvD and don’t know what you’re talking about?

bg pvd oceanic. don’t lie. we all know the truth. no need to bandwagon. started on sor and have not ever moved anywhere.

Zerg Doors [ZD]

in WvW

Zikory.6871

So what time zone is all this BG PvD coming from? Cuz so far it seems all 3 servers are fielding quite a lot of people…or are you confused because you bandwagoned up from a server that sees real PvD and don’t know what you’re talking about?

bg pvd oceanic. don’t lie. we all know the truth. no need to bandwagon. started on sor and have not ever moved anywhere.

Oh I get it! You don’t know what PvD means…I got ya so PvD in short is player vs door. This is when your zerg is attacking a objective that has no one to defend it. Or the alternative is when you dps down with your weapon skills.

Now that is cleared up, what happened to all the MERC left BG so our OCE is bad now? Is that not the case any more?

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

dragon.8071

Oh I get it! You don’t know what PvD means…I got ya so PvD in short is player vs door. This is when your zerg is attacking a objective that has no one to defend it. Or the alternative is when you dps down with your weapon skills.

Now that is cleared up, what happened to all the MERC left BG so our OCE is bad now? Is that not the case any more?

no. i still see another merc guild in bg. did bg not say only a few left and wouldn’t impact them? so in essence, bg still has the larger oceanic coverage and provides for their ability to do pvd.

Zerg Doors [ZD]

in WvW

Zikory.6871

no. i still see another merc guild in bg. did bg not say only a few left and wouldn’t impact them? so in essence, bg still has the larger oceanic coverage and provides for their ability to do pvd.

It was a lot more than just a few but yes we did say it wouldn’t effect us like every one was implying. We have a lot of faith in those that stayed! As for larger I wouldn’t say that it is so much larger that it would allow for a time zone we can PvD. Yes I believe we are stronger but it wouldn’t be equivalent to JQ’s SEA or SoR’s EU. Both SoR and JQ have more than enough forces in that time zone to not allow for PvD.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Sreoom.3690

LOL…classic 2v1 just finished in BGBL…SoR and BG assaulted Dreaming Bay…JQ fought valiantly…awesome fight against incredible odds. Thanks guys for the bags!

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

In any 3 sided battle, 2 are going to focus 1 for a considerable portion of the contest. WvW is designed that way, drawing on the lessons of WAR and DAoC. It’s math and strategy.

Bear in mind that JQ comfortably won the last BG/SOR/JQ match and blew out their game against BG. JQ also has welfare run in S1 from the draw. It makes historical and strategic sense to focus JQ where possible. It might also help in JQ stopped paying its competition’s guilds to transfer over.

Regardless, JQ should be here in numbers asking for the season to be redone. Not necessarily because it would be a true test of everyone’s coverage, resilience and organisation. Not necessarily because it will result in the best fights. Not necessarily because it will reduce the ‘boring WvW blowouts that were complained about last week. But – if nothing else – to avoid tarnishing the S1 title they’re more than capable of winning on their own merits.

in WvW

Sreoom.3690

In any 3 sided battle, 2 are going to focus 1 for a considerable portion of the contest. WvW is designed that way, drawing on the lessons of WAR and DAoC. It’s math and strategy.

Bear in mind that JQ comfortably won the last BG/SOR/JQ match and blew out their game against BG. JQ also has welfare run in S1 from the draw. It makes historical and strategic sense to focus JQ where possible. It might also help in JQ stopped paying its competition’s guilds to transfer over.

Regardless, JQ should be here in numbers asking for the season to be redone. Not necessarily because it would be a true test of everyone’s coverage, resilience and organisation. Not necessarily because it will result in the best fights. Not necessarily because it will reduce the ‘boring WvW blowouts that were complained about last week. But – if nothing else – to avoid tarnishing the S1 title they’re more than capable of winning on their own merits.

BG and SoR both have trouble with JQ on their own…they are much better as a couple against us…sorry if the truth hurts y’all.

…and you make a cute couple. ;-)

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Zikory.6871

BG and SoR both have trouble with JQ on their own…they are much better as a couple against us…sorry if the truth hurts y’all.

…and you make a cute couple. ;-)

Don’t be mad that we stole your girl. You know only a couple months ago it was JQ/SoR and BG was the odd man out.

Just don’t go stocking our facebooks to how much happier we are together. <3 SoR 4ever

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

Nah we (like everyone else) blame the achievement-whores for queue blocking our warriors.

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

The only ones who think taking first would be tarnished are the sore losers….BG (ICOA).

in WvW

Cuddlepie.8109

The only ones who think taking first would be tarnished are the sore losers….BG (ICOA).

If you think that a 30% easier draw in a competitive season is a good thing then I take it you’re WvWing for chests, finishers and AP?

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

If you think that a 30% easier draw in a competitive season is a good thing then I take it you’re WvWing for chests, finishers and AP?

The match-ups were decided by Anet. Not JQ. JQ shouldn’t feel their effort was tarnished because of something beyond their control.

Don’t expect you to understand that.

I don’t remember BG or SoR complaining when they threw matches to get a better match-up the last time Anet made changes to WvW.

But this is the forums where everyone plays the victim.

Take off the tinfoil hats, it doesn’t suit you.

(edited by KeeZee.7312)

in WvW

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

Oh another one from BG. The tears are delicious.

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

in WvW

Sreoom.3690

BG and SoR are having one big love fest tonight & this week. Y’all are sore cause us three aren’t gonna tangle as much during league play

I’ll miss ya cause the bags your zergs leave when double teaming us are so good

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Honestly, who cares. No one really knows the real prize for first place in leagues is, for all we know it could be a big soggy sack of karma boosters. If anything JQ should be complaining about the lack of a good fight for so many weeks.

I don’t know about everyone else, aside from the terrible que at certain times, I actually enjoy the WvW this week. There is constant action everywhere, if some random unknown prize at the end of the tunnel is worth the gripe then you guys are probably not WvW-ing for the right reasons anyways.

[DONE]

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

JQ’s easy matches make up for the fact they get an organised 2v1 for all of week 1 and week 7.

in WvW

Cuddlepie.8109

The match-ups were decided by Anet. Not JQ. JQ shouldn’t feel their effort was tarnished because of something beyond their control.

Don’t expect you to understand that.

I don’t remember BG or SoR complaining when they threw matches to get a better match-up the last time Anet made changes to WvW.

But this is the forums where everyone plays the victim.

Take off the tinfoil hats, it doesn’t suit you.

Of course, you don’t expect me to “understand that”. But lets put your expectations and comprehension of my argument up against what I’ve posted in this thread:

In this season, BG and SOR play other top-half servers 6 times, JQ 4 times. That’s a 30% easier draw for the top server. JQ could split games against BG/SoR and still come out on top by dint of their assured wins against the lower half.

Of course, this isn’t JQ’s fault. It’s the hand they were dealt.

I’ve bolded the relevant bit to aid your reading.

This ties into what I’ve actually argued for and you’ve argued against. That JQ should be arguing on this forum for a redraw to make an even playing field. So, I think you’re wrong in your saying that “JQ shouldn’t feel their effort was tarnished because of something beyond their control.”

Of course they should. If you win a competition in which your competitors were starting 2 wins behind you then you should have the honesty and insight to admit that the win was not a pure one.

And I’d argue that the draw isn’t “out of their control”. If JQ posters, such as yourself, cared about competitive WvW then you’d be on here asking for a redraw, asking for the win to be put back into your control. Regardless of the result, you then can claim that you tried.

I’ve said in this thread that JQ can win S1 on its merits, I find it puzzling that JQ posters don’t appear to believe the same.