Jan 11-18 | SBI vs SoR vs TC

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

We have a significant Asian/oceanic population, some since the beginning, some more recent. Maybe fewer since WM left. Since there are no dedicated Asian servers and you cannot restrict the game to English speaking players, I never found it annoying. Also – most of them will gladly translate important comms.

If your full guild decided to leave our server because they were annoyed by people speaking their own language in chat……. then GL wherever you are. I consider them my friends, after fighting so many battles together, no matter their language.

in WvW

Posted by: shakedown.1472

shakedown.1472

Good times this weekend. There seems to be a lot of balance in terms of coverage, this is shaping up to be a very fun and competitive week!

Update:

Attachments:

Shakedown – Shakedown Victim – Vidian Red
[CDS] Caedas | Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Judas.5432

Judas.5432

Jeez……do we really have to lose this if we want to stay in T2?

This thread is a total breath of fresh air from the whiny accusatory thread that is T1. I seriously never want to play or interact with those guys again. The sportsmanship and good nature here in T2 makes me want to run out there and kill you guys :-D

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

in WvW

Posted by: Indo.8629

Indo.8629

This thread is a total breath of fresh air from the whiny accusatory thread that is T1. I seriously never want to play or interact with those guys again. The sportsmanship and good nature here in T2 makes me want to run out there and kill you guys :-D

If this matchup is truly balanced like we all think it is, it’s anyone’s game, and you may not have a choice :P

Tempest Wolves – The Sanctum
80k kills and counting

(edited by Indo.8629)

in WvW

Posted by: Spartyr.6795

Spartyr.6795

There once was a castle, in the middle of EB
And a commander who eyed it, residing in TV

He appeared on the field, seeing it’s walls made of stone
and declared in his team chat, “I see my new home”

He trebbed and he trebbed, and rushed in with his zerglings
How the overlord grinned at his slide-show while herding.

SBI showed up too, being such greedy green devils!
In the hallway they made catas, launching their pebbles

Ballistas were blasting, TC ran upstairs
“set up some carts, let em’ fight, who cares!”

The wall upgrade finished! Reinforcements diminished
So the Odinzurg died, resupplied and defended

Trebbing away, TC blocked supplies.
SBI pushed anzalia, and wiped- surprise!

SBI learned their lesson, and pushed back on Rall
TC was at south bravost, with catas on wall

Killing your cannons, walls down at stonemist
Another push on SM, but sanctum still owns it!

So Odin and Zudo, being clever as foxes
ran to QL and Bravost, each carrying their boxes

thats 3 out of 4 towers, VK has no resources?
SBI pushed on stonemist, TC splits your forces

With SOR pressured, oh what shall you do?
SM or VK? TC lets you choose!

So you saved VK, with your respawning players
And SBI flipped SM, for me to take later

gg sunday SOR. You guys held SM WP for a longgg time today. Your fortify finish cost me 3 more hours of work! >:|
Also, I untagged just as the rest of choo arrived to EB. That zerg is massive. This is a great match up.

Also, SBI pushing anz while SM has a waypoint :/ stop dat.
Thanks for flipping SM for us! wahaha.

…3rd place heroes

I liked your poem, but It needed a better ending

Nah seriously though, well played. That was a helluva battle.

Spartyr – Norn Thief
[GSCH] Gaiscioch Gaming Community

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Hey KOM,

I dont mind that you use speed hack

I dont mind that you use radar

I dont mind that you use ports near the fight after you down

What I do mind is:

1. When I’m owning your thiefs 1v1, you jump in and help or they speed off 1300 range away.

So – When ever any one of you want to 1v1, let me know and 1v1. You can use any hack you want becuase as you know – I’m still beating you.

Malf
(HNIC)

An affront to Thieves has been detected.

Sir, a little known fact even among Thieves is that the follow-up skill to Infiltrator’s Strike – Shadow Return – is an almost unlimited range teleport. This may look like a hack to those who don’t know about it.

Some Thieves have reported teleporting so far that they had to go through the WvW loading screen. Infiltrator’s Strike is no. 2 main-hand sword, so sword Thieves can do this pretty often.

Actually the range is 10000, it’s an extremely funny skill to use, and yes, it does give you loading screens when you go too far =D

Also, a weird glitch, sometimes if you place it behind an object that would normally block shadowstep, and you go far enough, you will go through it, I’m guessing because it hasn’t rendered any object while it’s loading. I don’t think it works with towers, but it’s interesting nonetheless.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Well, unless you lose, you’ll probrably go back up there, because for what I see, BG ain’t gonna last much longer if it stay how it is.

I would be grateful though… I love fighting with SoR here and on the battlefield, but now i’m only being able to see how happy i was at T2, and how pathetic a server blinded can be.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I agree and disagree. T1 thread is just hack/exploit accusing and crying about 2v1. T2 thread doesn’t have that, however there’s a lot more attempted bragging from certain guilds. Overall I preferred the T1 thread. I like the WvW more from T2 though

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

(edited by The Mexican Cookie.3690)

in WvW

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Dear SoR and TC,

Here are some brief moments from our mostly civilized duel event last Friday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvgN-L3jQbo

Please enjoy.

Yours truly,
Chris

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: StugLyfe.2134

StugLyfe.2134

[quote=1202870;earendil.1290:]

in WvW

Posted by: Iohanna.4863

Iohanna.4863

Sir, a little known fact even among Thieves is that the follow-up skill to Infiltrator’s Strike – Shadow Return – is an almost unlimited range teleport. This may look like a hack to those who don’t know about it.

Some Thieves have reported teleporting so far that they had to go through the WvW loading screen. Infiltrator’s Strike is no. 2 main-hand sword, so sword Thieves can do this pretty often.

Actually the range is 10000, it’s an extremely funny skill to use, and yes, it does give you loading screens when you go too far =D

Also, a weird glitch, sometimes if you place it behind an object that would normally block shadowstep, and you go far enough, you will go through it, I’m guessing because it hasn’t rendered any object while it’s loading. I don’t think it works with towers, but it’s interesting nonetheless.

So if we can load Trebuchets with Thieves and fire them, those Thieves can later Shadow Return back to the Trebuchet?

EDIT: Illustrating 10000 range.

Attachments:

(edited by Iohanna.4863)

in WvW

Posted by: Kiamar.1820

Kiamar.1820

Good fights with SBI in SBI BL tonight (9PM 12AM EST). Miasmic and I were the two commanders from SOR leading the Bay-Garrison shuffle.

Guild Leader of Vigilance [VIG]
Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Kiamar.1820)

in WvW

Posted by: Kanji Maki.1695

Kanji Maki.1695

SF-SBI crazy good job defending hills in SoR bow*, we had to really plan the taking of it.

Great organization ftw SoR… <3

Conquerors Within [WvW]-Commander-Valor Victis-Thief-Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Indo.8629

Yeah, good job SF. Did a nice job defending hills.

80k kills and counting

in WvW

Posted by: Golden.5726

Golden.5726

Dear SoR and TC,

Here are some brief moments from our mostly civilized duel event last Friday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvgN-L3jQbo

Please enjoy.

Yours truly,
Chris

Chris, i gotta say, your one of the coolest BG guys i had the pleasure of getting my butt kicked by. that being said the calm collected music playing in the background of pure bloodshed and slaughter bring a classy middle feel to the battlefield, i love it XD

[icon] Atäir Swiftbow – www.iconicguild.com
SoR – Iconic Guild Commander
“They are to our left, right, in front, and behind us. They cant get away this time!”

in WvW

Posted by: Odinzu.9645

Odinzu.9645

I liked your poem, but It needed a better ending

Nah seriously though, well played. That was a helluva battle.

Lol thanks, im troll.

Haven’t had to work that hard for an SM flip in a long, long time.

Great time tonight though, well played on all 3 parts.

Odinzu [EP]
Thug life

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

Happily leaving WvW with the lead for the second night in a row.

Took us a while but we finally got Hills back in SoR.

Attachments:

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in WvW

Posted by: Lanthrudar.1437

Lanthrudar.1437

2 Hour Bay Fight in SBI Map, Reset Night! Both TC and SBI broke in on us! Keep in mind, long fight, lot of footage. Part 1 of 3 !!

In the picture below, this is what we had left on the map when SBI capped it at 7am EST, lol, poor us.

…look at the horde of red names waiting to break through the door.. Ouch!

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Does SBI still have a large Asian poulation? My guild left this server due to all the character text spam in chat …… is it still the same?

Yes. If that’s a problem, please stay on another server.

in WvW

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

been having a blast so far!!! a bit late, but welcome again, SBI!

being part of the Bay holding was one of the most fun i’ve had in a while. particular big thanks to CDSD

SBI and TC, outside SBI Bay, though a few short battles for me here and there, i’ve already learned a lot from you guys. keep bringing it!

and. who would ever attack a baby quaggan roaming the lands of the Mists? i’m looking at you SBI! >:DDD

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Judas.5432

Judas.5432

and. who would ever attack a baby quaggan roaming the lands of the Mists? i’m looking at you SBI! >:DDD

That quaggan was a spy and was selling our secrets. Don’t blame us, blame the heartless sunova who recruited the poor little thing :-P

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

in WvW

Indo.8629

So if TC are pirates, SBI are then the imperial navy? What does that make SoR?

80k kills and counting

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

So TC are pirates, SBI are then the imperial navy? What does that make SoR?

TC is the Zombie Coast.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Indo.8629

Zombie pirates?

80k kills and counting

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

Zombie pirates?

“Death…Good!”

There ya go! We worship the almighty Golem god who is far more powerful than Zhaitan (except when people forget to take out oil… “take out that oil kitten ”).

Edit: “da*n it” got censored.. rolls eyes

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

in WvW

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

That quaggan was a spy and was selling our secrets. Don’t blame us, blame the heartless sunova who recruited the poor little thing :-P

O____o we may be speaking of different quaggan then. but.. CURSE THAT HEARTLESS MAN!

need. to. get. off. work. now. so i can play.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

Kill the quaggans i hate them ,they always have problems(Quaggans need your help lol)

At least now i have really much fun that beign on tier 1 over over and over again the same thing, happy to be with you guys.

Have nice figths and play clean.

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

So if we can load Trebuchets with Thieves and fire them, those Thieves can later Shadow Return back to the Trebuchet?

Well how it works is that you place down a trap, and in order to shadowstep back, someone must activate that trap, and in actuality, you shadowstep to the person who activated the trap, not the trap itself. In addition, once activated, you only have a few seconds to shadowstep back, otherwise you lose the option too and must restart, but yeah, it is possible, however it’s entirely luck that it would happen. The more likely scenario is using it as an ambush, which I do use sometimes. Place it on a commonly used road and wait behind a bush far away and go for the ambush :P

In actual WvW gameplay, that’s the only real use I found the trap for. I can’t find another use for it, due to the few seconds you get upon someone activating the trap, and the unlikely hood that someone would even activate it.

If anet removed that timer, the trap would be a great skill. We could activate it and stalk someone without being there. If thieves ever get extreme nerfs, I hope traps are given some love, because I really want to see the timer removed and the true potential of this trap revealed.

(edited by Doomdesire.9365)

in WvW

Posted by: wondo.2870

wondo.2870

Yea Hills was sieged up and was a blast to defend all day. My favorite moment was wiping 6 golems in 5 seconds on the north hills gate.

our numbers dwindled the later it got and you guys finally took it with 5? 6? golems(3 being omegas?) 0.0. at least we drained the supply before you guys zerged through inner.

Let’s not talk about our spawn tower. LOL.

SAB is LOVE, SAB is LIFE #OccupySAB2014

in WvW

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

There once was a castle, in the middle of EB
And a commander who eyed it, residing in TV

He appeared on the field, seeing it’s walls made of stone
and declared in his team chat, “I see my new home”

He trebbed and he trebbed, and rushed in with his zerglings
How the overlord grinned at his slide-show while herding.

SBI showed up too, being such greedy green devils!
In the hallway they made catas, launching their pebbles

Ballistas were blasting, TC ran upstairs
“set up some carts, let em’ fight, who cares!”

The wall upgrade finished! Reinforcements diminished
So the Odinzurg died, resupplied and defended

Trebbing away, TC blocked supplies.
SBI pushed anzalia, and wiped- surprise!

SBI learned their lesson, and pushed back on Rall
TC was at south bravost, with catas on wall

Killing your cannons, walls down at stonemist
Another push on SM, but sanctum still owns it!

So Odin and Zudo, being clever as foxes
ran to QL and Bravost, each carrying their boxes

thats 3 out of 4 towers, VK has no resources?
SBI pushed on stonemist, TC splits your forces

With SOR pressured, oh what shall you do?
SM or VK? TC lets you choose!

So you saved VK, with your respawning players
And SBI flipped SM, for me to take later

gg sunday SOR. You guys held SM WP for a longgg time today. Your fortify finish cost me 3 more hours of work! >:|
Also, I untagged just as the rest of choo arrived to EB. That zerg is massive. This is a great match up.

Also, SBI pushing anz while SM has a waypoint :/ stop dat.
Thanks for flipping SM for us! wahaha.

…3rd place heroes

haha, that was awesome

so good to have you back dinzu =D

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Hatchbacks.9258

Hatchbacks.9258

Score update from the land of TC

Attachments:

[FEAR] member- 80 Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: IComeInPeace.1768

IComeInPeace.1768

Ladies & Gents,

I spoke with KOM leadership in TeamSpeak concernging the speed hacking. After dueling and playing along side them, I see nothing that indicates hacking of any kind. Although I understand that it may have seemed “suspect”. I can tell you I donot believe they are hacking. They are very skilled players and deserve respect.

Good Duels!

Malf
(HNIC)

in WvW

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I don’t think anyone ever explained why TC are nicknamed “Zombie coast”

Am I missing something obvious?

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

just to clarify that is more than 10000 range because of the height advantage.
This is still a bit longer than 10,000 range because the red keep is higher than smc wall.

If you took a ruler and measured the distance between the two, the one between garisson and bay is significantly longer because of how much more arc time it has.

Attachments:

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

(edited by LieutenantGoogle.7326)

in WvW

Posted by: Nakoor.1980

Nakoor.1980

Yea Hills was sieged up and was a blast to defend all day. My favorite moment was wiping 6 golems in 5 seconds on the north hills gate.

our numbers dwindled the later it got and you guys finally took it with 5? 6? golems(3 being omegas?) 0.0. at least we drained the supply before you guys zerged through inner.

That spawn tower was the best thing about the night, the loot was quite nice there too, until you brought more friends.

in WvW

Posted by: Silverkung.9127

Silverkung.9127

My guess is…
TC people have strong point on “Brave and no fear”.
TC player have crazy brave like mad man.
They push forward full force to enemy no matter of what.
Even they have less or more they still push forward.
Yup it look like zomgie say “brainnn.n.n…”and run to eat you!!

BTW

Sbi single unit is not strong force like BG our old enemy.
But your strong point is “Harmony”.
When you stay in GROUP,Am not say in number or zergling.
Your Sbi unit will do they job perfect and support each other very excellent.
They very strong powerful and deadly unit all of them.
And your movement is danger to us all of cost

Well,that’s what I know…

What me? Ummm just nameless player and nameless guild in SoR.
Dam my repair bill got20stack lol thx to you both.

Have fun on WWW and positive post in here buddy .

(edited by Silverkung.9127)

in WvW

Posted by: Bavragor.1043

Bavragor.1043

Score update from the lands of TC.

Attachments:

Bavragor, Sanctum of Rall
Leader of [FEAR] www.feargw2.com
Recruitment status – Open

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

Nice overnight push SoR. Had a lot of fun in EB last night with the 3 way(bown chicka wowow) fight for SM. TC you guys are relentless, I love it. SBI, its really great to have another server in T2 that has the sameish footing as the other 2, you guys just do not quit and it makes for some epic fights. Props to both servers for giving everyone some of the best T2 action in months.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

I dont even know what to say about waking up this morning and not losing everything over night

in WvW

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

My favorite moment was busting through inner west gate, running through all your guys that retaled themselves to death, and watching as whatever was left alive dive-bomb off the cliff to try and get away.

Also yeah, lets not talk about lake tower. I’m still a little bummed at all the loot i missed because of full inventory space and not enough merchants. :,(

in WvW

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Yarr, SoR ye be a bunch o’ persistant lades!

Fear and SPQR, hat’s off to ye, ye be a strong force ’ta be fightin against.

I’d just like ‘ta give a shoutout as well ’ta our other WvW commanders, Madember, Phantom of the Aspect, Ezkeal, and others who be doin a great job o’ leadin our mighty fine crew.

It be a great weekend, and I be lookin forward ’ta see what ’da rest of the week has for ’da Coast.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: Magnus Pym.2356

Magnus Pym.2356

Dear SoR and TC,

Please enjoy.

Yours truly,
Chris

Happy to see I took up half of the video’s length. We did have to stop though… It was becoming tiring, haha! You don’t die!

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

We call ourselves that sometimes since a few weeks, after someone (from CD?) said that we are like zombies: even when you kill us 10 times, we always come back!

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

We call ourselves that sometimes since a few weeks, after someone (from CD?) said that we are like zombies: even when you kill us 10 times, we always come back!

The term was given to us from Blackgate as a sign of respect for our tenacity. Win or lose, we keep coming to fight.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Anyone been following the T1 scores? I find them quite interesting

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

It’s almost impossible to be doing that badly during oceanic prime time with the numbers and skill that BG have shown themselves capable of. Either the other 2 servers are absolute monstrosities with 4 full map queues and godlike players or BG gave up. I find that quite a disappointment as I was rooting for them to make a showing after beating T2 so badly =/

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

It’s almost impossible to be doing that badly during oceanic prime time with the numbers and skill that BG have shown themselves capable of. Either the other 2 servers are absolute monstrosities with 4 full map queues and godlike players or BG gave up. I find that quite a disappointment as I was rooting for them to make a showing after beating T2 so badly =/

Umm…

Do you understand the scoring system? Their current score evolution is plus 19K where JQ is -25K. You don’t necessarily have to win to move up. They are certainly doing better than the server they replaced in T1, SBI’s evolution is currently -66K

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in WvW

Posted by: Akinorix.5107

Akinorix.5107

Bg were untested all they did was pvdoor, because both TC and SoR has no presents, and now that they have to actually fight to take keeps they can’t keep up

Xakinori – Pain Train Choo [Choo]

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Umm…

Do you understand the scoring system? Their current score evolution is plus 19K where JQ is -25K. You don’t necessarily have to win to move up. They are certainly doing better than the server they replaced in T1, SBI’s evolution is currently -66K

I was referring to the screens of BG being kept at like 50ppt during oceanic prime, where they would have 600+ in T2. I don’t see how any server that could field their numbers can lose every keep and every tower, hence my observation. I guess I wasn’t too clear in that, but please be rest assured I do understand the scoring system and have no need of your education