Jan 25 - Feb 1 2013 | SoS & JQ & BG

in WvW

Posted by: Ardon.4105

Ardon.4105

The new SoR has yet to be tested against equal competition. We’ll see how they do next week. Unfortunately due to the rating reset, their time in the spot light will likely be cut short.

[Agg] Rendon Argos (Charrgos) – Guardian
Server Traversing Nomad

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

so transfer fee application cause jq stacked with players having full queue in all borderlands day and night including SEA prime time. Yet has any server with enough number to counter JQ. eventually some people might get demoraled and left. so anets…didnt see that coming huh

Pretty sure someone would have said something similar when SoS was winning all the time…

definitely but not before transfer fee. was still quite balanced between all t1 servers. By balanced I mean there was still a chance to win with tactics and so on. but u gotta admit that sos is not gonna win in row again. it is so obvious jq has outnumbered even they have full force online. by the way, i mean overall coverage not just NA.
JQ or SOS, whoever got mass transfer i would say the same.
I believe anets meant to balance www population by applying fee so that guilds would not simply transfer and produce hod and sbi. but it seems they missed out something. and see what happened now? please dont say it is balanced, we all know what the word means…

JQ is one of the original standing tier 1 servers, it had its highs and lows and yet still remains a robust community. While I’m sure many of the ‘instant win kids’ tried to transfer over, JQ was already ‘very high’ to ‘full’ when the 28th was announced. So how many people could get on the server? Only ArenaNet knows, for everyone else its a best guess and if a few new guilds/players QQ and quit JQ, the server will still remain strong given its foundation.

If it is a question of balance now, then its because JQ has presented its community better than SoS has. As far as I know, no significant guilds have left SoS which means they should have been looking to acquire more guilds to consolidate its position, not point the finger on how they missed out….

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Posted by: ChocPudding.6128

ChocPudding.6128

The new SoR has yet to be tested against equal competition. We’ll see how they do next week. Unfortunately due to the rating reset, their time in the spot light will likely be cut short.

Yes. The top 3 tiers are going to be very intense! All eyes on Kaineng vs Dragonbrand! The battle of Oceanics!

Member Administration of Blackgatewvw.com

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

You guys you guys….

You think that a screen shot of what the maps look like can tell the whole story. That SOS has lost moral, that SoS is throwing the match, BG is throwing the match etc etc. and that is all there is to it?

There is much more going on here than most anyone thinks they can see. What exactly? Well if your not out in the BL maps then I’m not going to give you the answer.

But I can say this. BG’s getting a little tired of having other servers play the rating against us when we come out, night after night and push hard. For 8 weeks we pushed, put in long hours, fought tooth and nail, trained and pushed from 4PM Friday to 3PM Friday and earned out spot in Tier 1.

Look at what was happening the hour before the big announcement, if the match ended right then (can we forgo the “there was still a lot of week to play” I know that) BG would have taken 2nd, passing up last weeks winner, yet still be moved back a Tier. Why? An either intentional, or unintentional abuse of rating.

Then as soon as the announcement was made, SoS drops in rating dramatically.

Servers that start with S’ rating is getting a little irritating to those that play on BG.

Besides, in the grand scheme of things its 2 days. Give us a break (Both SOS and BG), not all of us have servers that take turns each night because the queue is so long on all 4 maps. Some of us put in the hours every night and long into the night to accomplish what you see. Some of us need some rest. Some of us need to let some junior commanders take the wheel now, when rating is going to be reset anyway.

This is the calm before the storm. Lets enjoy it, cuz its going to get nasty again soon.

in WvW

Posted by: fade.8603

fade.8603

The change was not gradual but rather of a sudden spike/surge in the number of players in WvW. We will definitely need to regrp and replan and probably its gonna take some time to adapt to the changes.

BlackGate

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

so transfer fee application cause jq stacked with players having full queue in all borderlands day and night including SEA prime time. Yet has any server with enough number to counter JQ. eventually some people might get demoraled and left. so anets…didnt see that coming huh

Pretty sure someone would have said something similar when SoS was winning all the time…

definitely but not before transfer fee. was still quite balanced between all t1 servers. By balanced I mean there was still a chance to win with tactics and so on. but u gotta admit that sos is not gonna win in row again. it is so obvious jq has outnumbered even they have full force online. by the way, i mean overall coverage not just NA.
JQ or SOS, whoever got mass transfer i would say the same.
I believe anets meant to balance www population by applying fee so that guilds would not simply transfer and produce hod and sbi. but it seems they missed out something. and see what happened now? please dont say it is balanced, we all know what the word means…

JQ is one of the original standing tier 1 servers, it had its highs and lows and yet still remains a robust community. While I’m sure many of the ‘instant win kids’ tried to transfer over, JQ was already ‘very high’ to ‘full’ when the 28th was announced. So how many people could get on the server? Only ArenaNet knows, for everyone else its a best guess and if a few new guilds/players QQ and quit JQ, the server will still remain strong given its foundation.

If it is a question of balance now, then its because JQ has presented its community better than SoS has. As far as I know, no significant guilds have left SoS which means they should have been looking to acquire more guilds to consolidate its position, not point the finger on how they missed out….

There was a particularly significant guild that took siege donations with them the day before they left the SoS server. Then went to EU WvW for a while and now has returned to NA WvW on the JQ server.

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

How so? SoR is likely to go Tier 1 after the reset if things progress as they currently are and there are no major changes.

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

sos gave up before blackgate, look how it was earlier tonight before hb guild and a few others left from bg, it was even and i was enjoying blackgates use of tactics and battle strategy’s we had some great battles tonight win or lose it was great to have smart competition with actual battle tactics not zerg tactics.

Wow you could draw a straight line down the middle of each colour and it will be the SoS spawn… try fighting each other. I don’t even see any crossed swords, or contested points on any of those maps except for sos bl’s.

no wonder SoS is having a tough time.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Your only 10k points ahead of SOS. Why do you think they are “having a hard time” if blackgate is only just beating them?

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Your only 10k points ahead of SOS. Why do you think they are “having a hard time” if blackgate is only just beating them?

just an observation from looking at that map that someone posted at that time. Can you not see the pattern the colours make. 3 maps split right down the middle. How can you not understand that.

Its only during the Oceanic time that SoS are gaining points back on BG.

in WvW

Azure Prower.8701

just an observation from looking at that map that someone posted at that time. Can you not see the pattern the colours make. 3 maps split right down the middle. How can you not understand that.

Its only during the Oceanic time that SoS are gaining points back on BG.

Just the natural push of WvW. Your front line is like a dam wall. If it falters. The flow leads to your spawn for both opposing servers.

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

I predict an SoS comeback!

(next week)

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

in WvW

Posted by: Vodka.3958

Vodka.3958

Next week SoS will be in T1 and the week after that they are predicted to go down to T4 or below since the match will be really close. 2 months and all servers will be in their proper place. I’m looking forward to seeing how things play out in the upcoming matches!

Commander [ICoa] Hollywood Fiend
Primal Emperor of Imperial Coalition
imperialcoalition.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

Whichever server it is, I’m kitten sure they can both beat SoR any day of the week :P

I don’t think so. SoR is very different now. Their NA force is very scary. It is likely to be on par with JQ’s NA! Can’t wait and see

Doubt it. They only got such a high rating because they PvDoored an empty server for 2 weeks. Also that server wouldn’t be so empty if the majority didn’t merge into the winning team.

This is great! “The winning team”, thanks for that. We’ve one so very many over the weeks we’ve been in T1.

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Azure Prower.8701

Whichever server it is, I’m kitten sure they can both beat SoR any day of the week :P

I don’t think so. SoR is very different now. Their NA force is very scary. It is likely to be on par with JQ’s NA! Can’t wait and see

Doubt it. They only got such a high rating because they PvDoored an empty server for 2 weeks. Also that server wouldn’t be so empty if the majority didn’t merge into the winning team.

This is great! “The winning team”, thanks for that. We’ve one so very many over the weeks we’ve been in T1.

They’re talking about SoR.

in WvW

hex.3218

They were implying that they merged with JQ the ‘winning team’.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

in WvW

Vodka.3958

Jade Quarry has been in T1 for as long as I can remember, so I’m sure you’ve won plenty of matches. Careful though, the #1 server tends to implode the fastest over time compared to the lower ranking servers. Just like NSP, HoD, SBI, and apparently SoS seeing how kittenty they have been playing this week. It gets lonely at the top especially when the servers in your tier don’t offer much of a challenge.

in WvW

Azure Prower.8701

No they weren’t.

in WvW

Vodka.3958

I was implying that they merged into SoR (from what I read on the forums) not JQ

in WvW

Posted by: noxide.8514

noxide.8514

The comments made by Veltoss on these forums belong to him, and him alone. RUIN is not under the impression that the BWC is “throwing” the match, and as a participating ally in the fight against JQ/SoS we are certainly doing our best to have fun in every engagement.

Let’s all calm down and take out our frustrations on the enemy in-game.

[RUIN]

in WvW

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

SoS is still the server that has set the bar for WvW. It’s healthy for the WvW game that JQ has challenged them beating them twice as well as pushing them with in a few thousand for number one two other weeks. SoS will be back stronger next week make no doubt. JQ and BG have knocked SoS down a peg this week but all of us expect SoS to come back hard on reset.

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

There was a particularly significant guild that took siege donations with them the day before they left the SoS server. Then went to EU WvW for a while and now has returned to NA WvW on the JQ server.

Particularly significant?

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Wotah.2975

Careful though, the #1 server tends to implode the fastest over time compared to the lower ranking servers.

It’s obvious you have no idea about T1 and our server. We’ve remade ourselves so many times it’s unreal.

I am sure in two months we will likely be doing the same.

Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in WvW

hex.3218

Jade Quarry has been in T1 for as long as I can remember, so I’m sure you’ve won plenty of matches. Careful though, the #1 server tends to implode the fastest over time compared to the lower ranking servers. Just like NSP, HoD, SBI, and apparently SoS seeing how kittenty they have been playing this week. It gets lonely at the top especially when the servers in your tier don’t offer much of a challenge.

I think we’ve placed first 3 times in T1.

I’m pretty sure we’ll have plenty of challenges.

We don’t implode because we don’t have a fluctuating Morale. We all enjoy WvW and each other, win or lose.

We’ve been in T1 this long because we love to play.

Thanks for the ‘advice’ but we’ll manage just fine.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

in WvW

Posted by: rmBossa.4621

rmBossa.4621

Did you guys know that JQ has always been in T1?

Thats the server called “Jade Quarry” and “T1” refers to tier one, as in the top three ranked servers’ matchup.

Just want to make sure everyones on the same page.

That would be page “3” at this time.

in WvW

Posted by: noxide.8514

noxide.8514

I’m having a hard time keeping my opinion to myself about all this “transfer” stuff…

But I’ll force myself to keep quiet for now.

I’m just glad all this “free transfer” crap is over now. It was fixed about six months too late, but at least the horrible, horrible, horrible problems it caused have finally done all the damage they could possibly do. Now the lame part is over …

… I think … I hope! xD

[RUIN]

in WvW

Wotah.2975

Yes they are, I see that now. I do apologise.

Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Wotah.2975

Thats the server called “Jade Quarry” and “T1” refers to tier one, as in the top three ranked servers’ matchup.

Uh no. We’ve been in T2 as well. Good job though!

Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in WvW

hex.3218

I can’t even tell who’s arguing what on here anymore.

All I know is there’s a fight for second going on right now and I want to be home to watch it unfold. Good luck SoS! You can do it!

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

That too…BUT! They got a lot of transfers too. If JQ got the most, then SoR would come second. They also got the most critical reinforcement that all servers will die for.

Oceanics -> Aussies!!!

They got the majority of EBay’s NA as well.

SOR was already stacked to the brim with NA weren’t they?

As far as oceanics though, they had a healthy grouping of them before when BG was beating them before they moved to SOS and BG.

still, even if they are completely stacked with oceanics like SOS — I don’t have to tell you that a server can’t simply ride its NA and Oceanic teams to victory in T1, no matter how stacked those teams are.

The other half of the day matters a lot in T1. When all those SEA and European players are around.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Baels.3469

Baels.3469

That too…BUT! They got a lot of transfers too. If JQ got the most, then SoR would come second. They also got the most critical reinforcement that all servers will die for.

Oceanics -> Aussies!!!

As far as oceanics though, they had a healthy grouping of them before when BG was beating them before they moved to SOS and BG.

still, even if they are completely stacked with oceanics like SOS — I don’t have to tell you that a server can’t simply ride its NA and Oceanic teams to victory in T1, no matter how stacked those teams are.

The other half of the day matters a lot in T1. When all those SEA and European players are around.

Oceanic stacked like SoS? Apparently we aren’t stacked enough.

Blackgate
[MERC] – Oceanic

in WvW

Posted by: awesomesauce.5980

awesomesauce.5980

We don’t implode because we don’t have a fluctuating Morale. We all enjoy WvW and each other, win or lose.

Well, for people to abandon your server now they will literally have to pay. So being one of the strongest (if not the strongest) servers at the end of the free transfer cut off is a great luxury to have.

Most, if not all, servers are safe from imploding (or at least far more resilient) now that you can’t just walk away.

I can’t predict the future (especially with the unknown strength of some transferred servers and a full force SoS server – this week is not indicative of their strength in comparison to the new JQ, but I do expect JQ to be considerably stronger than SoS ever was regardless of what SoS does next week) but I can read the current score board and the posts about transfers that went to JQ at the end of the free transfers. I can also see the minimum of 1,000 gems to transfer NA servers (1,800 for a high population one – expect Kaineng to be this soon, there are currently no 500 gem servers). It’s possible we will see big migrations even with paid transfers, but it’s undeniable that JQ’s current position enjoys a privileged stability that no-one else was given prior to the 28th. I think we would still see SBI in tier one (or at least two) had WM been forced to either pay or stay.

Do you think SBI, or any other server which was destroyed by free transfers, loved WvW less than you? Almost all transfers are done for WvW reasons, everyone bandwagons does so to play WvW. Was JQ server loyalty ever tested by being in a low tier for an extended period of time? Loyalty is only tested when things go poorly for you for the foreseeable future, I don’t remember that ever happening to JQ. Nothing like SBI faced after WM left.

Maybe the servers will even out in a couple of months, but I think JQ won the lotto by being the last bandwagon server before the gates closed.

in WvW

Posted by: Miiaah.5416

Miiaah.5416

Don’t worry SoS, Blackgate had 10 in BGBL and 12 in EBG for over 2 hours so it appears we fell asleep at the wheel too

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

in WvW

Posted by: Im Not Braxton.6283

Im Not Braxton.6283

Don’t worry SoS, Blackgate had 10 in BGBL and 12 in EBG for over 2 hours so it appears we fell asleep at the wheel too

10 What?10 Yaks? 10 Golems?

Braxton The Ele – Elementalist
Blackgate – [GoF]

in WvW

Posted by: profitsports.5789

profitsports.5789

is sos trying to get to tier two?!? wow……

in WvW

Posted by: awesomesauce.5980

awesomesauce.5980

This is what a blow out looks like. It’s really bad for the health of WvW and the morale and participation of the other servers. It doesn’t normally happen in tier 1 (it never should) but the power difference in coverage (for whatever reasons, they won’t be clear for a few more weeks) is incredibly obvious this week (it was obvious last week as well, and it only got stronger when server caps were lifted for the final days, potential transfers could see the rise in power on the score board and the forums).

It’s possible JQ just got too many transfers in (they were formerly close in power level to SoS, just with weaker coverage, that’s changed), it’s possible issues affecting Oceanic players (holiday weekend, floods and tornadoes) pulled a load bearing Jenga block out of the server this week, but next week it will perform better. It’s also possible that fighting against a superior number of players is not something SoS is used to and adjusting to that environment will take time. Finally, I’m sure the blow out and falling behind had an snowball effect. It happens to every server, the score most weeks is made up by players fighting harder and pulling longer shifts. Players have less incentive to do that when they are losing (and the burn out rate it much higher when you are fighting hard during a blow out) so a lot of them took the week to take a break. They saw the loss, accepted it and saved their candles to burn bright next week.

If you don’t yet understand why we need the ratings reset (and how dramatically the server transfers changed WvW) look at the match ups in the top four tiers. Three of them are blow outs (I count tier one as a blow out but not tier three because compared to weeks in the past, this score is highly unusual). We’re in for a chaotic couple of months, especially with the WvW changes coming in the middle of all of this.

(edited by awesomesauce.5980)

in WvW

Posted by: profitsports.5789

profitsports.5789

i expect SoS to be back in tier 1 with a vengeance and meet JQ head on! then they’ll try to run for the door BUT IT’S GREEN (JQ) whoops.

maybe coron’s veil and tsym will be nice enough to show us their new tactics and apply em. lawl

in WvW

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

Well, for people to abandon your server now they will literally have to pay. So being one of the strongest (if not the strongest) servers at the end of the free transfer cut off is a great luxury to have.

Most, if not all, servers are safe from imploding (or at least far more resilient) now that you can’t just walk away.

I can’t predict the future (especially with the unknown strength of some transferred servers and a full force SoS server – this week is not indicative of their strength in comparison to the new JQ, but I do expect JQ to be considerably stronger than SoS ever was regardless of what SoS does next week) but I can read the current score board and the posts about transfers that went to JQ at the end of the free transfers. I can also see the minimum of 1,000 gems to transfer NA servers (1,800 for a high population one – expect Kaineng to be this soon, there are currently no 500 gem servers). It’s possible we will see big migrations even with paid transfers, but it’s undeniable that JQ’s current position enjoys a privileged stability that no-one else was given prior to the 28th. I think we would still see SBI in tier one (or at least two) had WM been forced to either pay or stay.

Do you think SBI, or any other server which was destroyed by free transfers, loved WvW less than you? Almost all transfers are done for WvW reasons, everyone bandwagons does so to play WvW. Was JQ server loyalty ever tested by being in a low tier for an extended period of time? Loyalty is only tested when things go poorly for you for the foreseeable future, I don’t remember that ever happening to JQ. Nothing like SBI faced after WM left.

Maybe the servers will even out in a couple of months, but I think JQ won the lotto by being the last bandwagon server before the gates closed.

Good points.. I am sure people forget or dont know the entire JQ history so let me address the loyalty / tested statement.

1-JQ had huge queues as many servers did at release. We were the first full server. After HoD shed TA leaving JQ victorious, still with one day transfer limits, JQ swelled even more leaving us at 3-4 hour queues at times. It tested our community with the result losing some of our leaders, guilds, and players.

2-Constantly getting ran down by HoD for weeks, bitter fierce fights vs SBI, and finally the surge from SoS came close to finally pushing JQ to t2 permanent status. When we were were boarder line third place about to fall into t2 we came to a consensus on our community forum that we would fight to the end to remain in t1 rather than take an easy week in t2. It was another test of the community. Some servers milk t2 to regroup, reequip, and get a breather. We agreed if your not fighting for t1 and to be the best week in and week out than you might as well pack your bags for the lower tiers.

3- Drama; Like all online communities drama will happen. We had serious drama over miss understandings with regards to alliances, use of team speak, attempted power grabs by leaders or guilds over the community. We are talking about weeks of arguments internally.

Unique to all other GW 2 servers JQ has lost good guilds and players not because of losing but because of winning. We have weathered the storm against HoD, SBI, and SoS at their prime as well as dethroned each. We have been tested and will be tested again.

One thing to note almost all the servers have players that can fill coverage 24/7 it’s just for whatever reason the player base on said servers do not engage in WvW as consistently as the top tier servers do. I know this will be doubted by outsiders but prior to the new transfers last week we hadnt had queues since late October. How we managed to stay in t1 with what limited NA forces we had and no one server leader or large guild alliance is remarkable. FoO and others helped keep us there as well day in and day out always doing what they could to help the NA fighters.

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

in WvW

Posted by: Miiaah.5416

Miiaah.5416

This is what a blow out looks like. It’s really bad for the health of WvW and the morale and participation of the other servers. It doesn’t normally happen in tier 1 (it never should) but the power difference in coverage (for whatever reasons, they won’t be clear for a few more weeks) is incredibly obvious this week (it was obvious last week as well, and it only got stronger when server caps were lifted for the final days, potential transfers could see the rise in power on the score board and the forums).

It’s possible JQ just got too many transfers in (they were formerly close in power level to SoS, just with weaker coverage, that’s changed), it’s possible issues affecting Oceanic players (holiday weekend, floods and tornadoes) pulled a load bearing Jenga block out of the server this week, but next week it will perform better. It’s also possible that fighting against a superior number of players is not something SoS is used to and adjusting to that environment will take time. Finally, I’m sure the blow out and falling behind had an snowball effect. It happens to every server, the score most weeks is made up by players fighting harder and pulling longer shifts. Players have less incentive to do that when they are losing (and the burn out rate it much higher when you are fighting hard during a blow out) so a lot of them took the week to take a break. They saw the loss, accepted it and saved their candles to burn bright next week.

If you don’t yet understand why we need the ratings reset (and how dramatically the server transfers changed WvW) look at the match ups in the top four tiers. Three of them are blow outs (I count tier one as a blow out but not tier three because compared to weeks in the past, this score is highly unusual). We’re in for a chaotic couple of months, especially with the WvW changes coming in the middle of all of this.

I don’t remember BG quitting when they were in an obvious double team their first week back in T1. I thought they only lost by 10-20k if I remember correctly with far less coverage than SoS and JQ.

I think when SoS threw in the towel it had an effect on BG because it appears we got bored really fast, we had a small handful on the entire WvW landscape this morning ( actually the last few days ) and I have only seen this maybe a couple times in months. Hopefully for JQs sake their superior 24/7 coverage advantage didn’t just kill everyones desire to WvW. I also think Anets terrible ranking system and reset might have had a much bigger effect than I figured it would.

SoR to T1, and second place BG to T2, ouch.

BG gets a week off back in T2 again, the JP will be overflowing, Oh Boy!

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

One thing to note almost all the servers have players that can fill coverage 24/7 it’s just for whatever reason the player base on said servers do not engage in WvW as consistently as the top tier servers do.

I think 24/7 is probably a big stretch. Certainly during NA prime time though. Players participate in WvW more consistently in the top tier servers because that’s where the players that love PvP have consolidated, causing those servers to rise in the tiers while the others fall. All of this is about players that are almost exclusively interested in PvP, and as with most PvX games, there aren’t enough of those players to go around, especially when they consolidate on a handful of servers.

Also, I wouldn’t put too much time into analyzing this week’s match. Everything changed when the rating rest was announced. SoS was within 9k points of BG and was closing the gap. Then the rating reset was announced and the very next day they were notching double digit PPT for a good chunk of it and BG’s lead jumped to about 16k. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with it, but after the rating reset announcement SoS just stopped making an effort.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: kidbs.8920

kidbs.8920

They have dropped to tier 2 before…

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

in WvW

Wotah.2975

Also, I wouldn’t put too much time into analyzing this week’s match. Everything changed when the rating rest was announced. SoS was within 9k points of BG and was closing the gap. Then the rating reset was announced and the very next day they were notching double digit PPT for a good chunk of it and BG’s lead jumped to about 16k. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with it, but after the rating reset announcement SoS just stopped making an effort.

I agree with this!

Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

It makes me feel all mushy inside to see people are tracking our progress. Don’t worry, we aren’t giving up on WvW. We are preparing for the unseen future of WvW. Mark my words, SoS will be back! (/ ºuº)/ ‡

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

in WvW

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

Oceanics -> Aussies!!!

SoR NA isnt “stacked” for the past 3 months the NA crew has carried the server and thats because of 4 hardcore wvw guilds really (choo,tw,fear,cds) and we have gotten zero new NA guilds to come over.
When we were in T2 we literally had ONE oceanic guild nine dragon(nd). And this guild joined the enemy server (BG) during mid week of a matchup. Many of the guilds here were not happy about that. If you cant beat them, then join them! riiiiight?
So up until last week we had a total of 20-50 player defending all of our wvw during oceanic time (for 2 months straight). Yet our NA crew still came out everyday and recapped all of our stuff.

in WvW

Liquid.9672

It makes me feel all mushy inside to see people are tracking our progress. Don’t worry, we aren’t giving up on WvW. We are preparing for the unseen future of WvW. Mark my words, SoS will be back! (/ ºuº)/ ‡

I don’t believe anyone who pays attention thinks otherwise.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: MayaNatsume.6524

MayaNatsume.6524

I think people from JQ shouldn’t just “bomb” SOS.

I wouldn’t like to expose this. But on the side note, JQ received a number of guilds based on some ahem method.

A thousand gold in exchange for those guilds that jumped over.

Can be seen from the following source: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/official-guild-wars-2-thread-3653183-423.html

I am already being kind here not to name some of these guilds out.

At the very least, BG & SOS played it fair…

Human Elementalist | Asura Guardian | Sylvari Warrior | Norn Thief | Asura Warrior | Asura Thief

(edited by MayaNatsume.6524)

in WvW

Posted by: Proumbro.1376

Proumbro.1376

SoR NA isnt “stacked” for the past 3 months the NA crew has carried the server and thats because of 4 hardcore wvw guilds really (choo,tw,fear,cds) and we have gotten zero new NA guilds to come over.
When we were in T2 we literally had ONE oceanic guild nine dragon(nd). And this guild joined the enemy server (BG) during mid week of a matchup. Many of the guilds here were not happy about that. If you cant beat them, then join them! riiiiight?
So up until last week we had a total of 20-50 player defending all of our wvw during oceanic time (for 2 months straight). Yet our NA crew still came out everyday and recapped all of our stuff.

Not sure why we are discussing this in the T1 forum, but for clarification, we did receive one or two NA guilds I believe, one of those being Helioz (correct me if I am wrong). The fact remains though that our NA has been and still is our strong point and most of our recruiting efforts were aimed at said Oceanic and SEA time slots.

As for the rest of what you said, what is done is done, I look forward to future battles. I will be very interested to see the “new” reorganized SoS as I have not seen them since our close encounters in the lower tiers. I am sure we will meet again in the future ^^

Shiro No Shinigami – Necro
“Life is a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth.”

in WvW

Liquid.9672

During the 2 months BG faced SoR, it is my opinion that SoR had the strongest NA presence of all the other servers at the time, maybe only rivaled by SoS when PRX was still there. When I say strongest I mean the most numbers, who came out to WvW consistently and often playing well longer than one would consider “typical”, with a large degree of organization and skilled core guilds. I don’t like the word “stacked”, but SoR NA is/was always very strong compared to all potential competitors. Also, you did receive some more NA presence. Helioz, RMA and HIRE (who last I heard also has a good chunk of NA players) were all solid additions in the NA time slot. There was a reason why SoR leaders were cautious about any more NA guilds that were considering the server. A good chunk of the core NA players that transferred to SoR back in October did so to escape queues.

[KnT] – Blackgate

(edited by Liquid.9672)

in WvW

Wotah.2975

I wouldn’t like to expose this. But on the side note, JQ received a number of guilds based on some ahem method.

Can be seen from the following source: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/official-guild-wars-2-thread-3653183-423.html

You’re basing this statement off of one guys accusation?

Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: MayaNatsume.6524

MayaNatsume.6524

Of course not!

I do have friends who went over to JQ..

You’re basing this statement off of one guys accusation?

Human Elementalist | Asura Guardian | Sylvari Warrior | Norn Thief | Asura Warrior | Asura Thief