Jan 25 - Feb 1 2013 | SoS & JQ & BG

in WvW

Posted by: Churchill.8714

Churchill.8714

You can’t really say you dethroned SoS by transferring 2000 players to your server when at best SoS outnumbered you 9:8 previously…lol.

That entire premise, HoD redux, was what SoS was attempting to avoid when free transfers were announced.

It is a pity that JQ did not.

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I didn’t think it was a secret that some JQ guilds donated gold to help some transferring guilds rebuild their influence and upgrades. There was a thank you post right on their own community forums.

1,000 gold for one guild though? That’s pretty far fetched.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

It’s tier 1. Short of cheating, hacking and exploiting, anything goes. Recruiting, paying guilds to transfer, mercenaries, giant zergs, 24/7 coverage…all good.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

You can’t really say you dethroned SoS by transferring 2000 players to your server when at best SoS outnumbered you 9:8 previously…lol.

That entire premise, HoD redux, was what SoS was attempting to avoid when free transfers were announced.

You can’t really say that all of those “2000” ( that you somehow know of) can get into WvW at the same time right?

With queues at NA primetime being less than 15 minutes, I think it’s alright.

Perhaps push your server to come out to play, because you had the numbers previously. Oh that’s right we’ve already read many of your leaders are regrouping and working on stuff good for them.

I certainly hope that a general person from SoS doesn’t come here and decide to quit playing because he figures there is nothing we can do against JQ. You honestly don’t have to be number 1 all the time, it’s really OK.

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

I didn’t think it was a secret that some JQ guilds donated gold to help some transferring guilds rebuild their influence and upgrades. There was a thank you post right on their own community forums.

1,000 gold for one guild though? That’s pretty far fetched.

This is true. And those were for that.

Don’t know about this one though, probably something similar. We didn’t pressure anyone to move, we asked and some responded. Where we could we gave them help.

Even sometimes free Quaggan oil back rubs. I wouldn’t recommend it!

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

Oh I forgot when we defeated SoS in early January it was because of New Years and this week it’s because JQ has 24/7 coverage.

SoS was the original HoD 2.0. JQ cant be HoD redux since we survived the O.G. HoD power house.

The best part of all this of course is how we heard for months from SoS leaders on how SoS was superior due to guild organization and tactical skill on the field.

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

I can hardly read most of this chatter in these official forums it is pretty volatile and pointless and hurts my eyes. So, this will be my last post on the official forums unless something is brought to my attention by a member of mine.

With that, I’ll leave you with this.

The ballad of Jed Bacca

Come and listen to a story about a man named Jed
A poor Charraneer, barely kept his guildies fed,
Then one day he was smashin’ at some dudes,
And up through their faces came a bubblin crude.

Tears that is, clear gold, Jedsas tea.

Well the first thing you know ol Jed’s a goldionaire,
Kinfolk said “Jed move away from there”
Said “Jade Quarry is the place you ought to be”
So they loaded up the truck and moved to the Quarry.

Jade, that is. Jumping puzzles, WvW all-stars.

Well now its time to say good bye to Jed and all his team.
And they would like to thank you folks fer kindly droppin’ in.
You’re all invited back a gain to this locality
To have a heapin helpin of their hospitality

Strike Force that is. Set a spell, Take your shoes off.

Y’all come back now, y’hear?.

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Yep Jed… I still love you guys.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Drmortus.9314

Drmortus.9314

And most of my posts are in reply to hostile posts made by the SoS forum warriors. I usually quote who I’m replying in a ‘hostile’ way to counterpoint their ‘hostility’.

Why are you even trolling our thread about our servers, FA seems to be winning by 50k. I wonder why you are so sensitive about population. Can you either transfer to JQ or go back to your own servers thread.

And he would be welcomed with open arms and free krait steak dinners.

80 thief ~ [EMP] ~ JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

As someone who transferred into JQ originally to find a home with more PvE players (which JQ has provided tenfold compared to the other two servers I was on originally) and is slowly getting into WvWvW, I have found that the fights in WvW are pretty well-matched during the late night EST hours. When I was briefly on SBI (again, an attempt to find a PvE home), I played a bit of WvW and it was boring to be torn apart time and time again. Nothing against the people playing; it simply wasn’t an evenly matched group. It’s more interesting now that it seems balanced – I know I’ve done my fair share of dying at the hands of SoS and BG the past few days, but I’ve had fun trying to match wits. I wouldn’t care if we were losing, winning, or right in-between. I’m just happy that some battles we win and some we lose. It makes it interesting.

Reading through this thread, though, I guess I should be ashamed that I transferred? Nah, I’d much rather be glad that the other two servers are putting up a good fight during the hours I’m on. Everyone is doing a great job at keeping everyone else on their toes. :)

Ele for Hire

in WvW

Posted by: walkinassasin.4275

walkinassasin.4275

Ok so just a few guilds recently transferred to jq from sbi ecause sbis main oceanic guild war machine left the servers we all but black gate know what Happened there we were getting stomped at night in us . And seeing jq was lacking American time people it was decided . We just enjoy the now that he servers reset and guilds can’t hop things will even out SMOKEE the ballistas in the corn field were just a glimpse of what we do . We enjoy fighting HB guild alot thought our max number is usually 15 I love seeing what you guys are bringing to the table . Please don’t drop tiers cause we would miss you keep up the good fight

walkinassasin [crng] guild jade quarry

in WvW

walkinassasin.4275

Also SOS did win for multiply consecutive weeks after sbi lost our night crew we enjoy fighting every one . Whoever wants good t1 fights will keep fighting if hey have the numbers servers changed all. Because free transfers now is a good time to start building your servers. Crews up . We have many friendly rivals and know people across servers . Please everyone quit the hating everyone uses different strategys and it’s very competitive at most times . Nobody in t1 sucks k

in WvW

Posted by: Predator.7321

Predator.7321

Ok so just a few guilds recently transferred to jq from sbi ecause sbis main oceanic guild war machine left the servers we all but black gate know what Happened there we were getting stomped at night in us . And seeing jq was lacking American time people it was decided . We just enjoy the now that he servers reset and guilds can’t hop things will even out SMOKEE the ballistas in the corn field were just a glimpse of what we do . We enjoy fighting HB guild alot thought our max number is usually 15 I love seeing what you guys are bringing to the table . Please don’t drop tiers cause we would miss you keep up the good fight

T2 is more fun imo less worrying about the score

in WvW

walkinassasin.4275

sos gave up before blackgate, look how it was earlier tonight before hb guild and a few others left from bg, it was even and i was enjoying blackgates use of tactics and battle strategy’s we had some great battles tonight win or lose it was great to have smart competition with actual battle tactics not zerg tactics.

Wow you could draw a straight line down the middle of each colour and it will be the SoS spawn… try fighting each other. I don’t even see any crossed swords, or contested points on any of those maps except for sos bl’s.

no wonder SoS is having a tough time.

If you look all we were fighting is black gate there were no SOS on any map and jq and by we’re having some epic battles before HB and other strong forces of by had to log. They are lacking a night crew but have great weekend warriors . I was on SOS map and you can only see the swords on SOS map which there are plenty jq vs bg swords.

in WvW

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

They really need to mod the forums. If some one is being paid to it really should be better then this. The same people posting, you even get people posting after them selfs. The tone of most threads is the little man big man syndrome.

Really I’d put a daily limit to how many times someone can post in certain areas of the whole forum. Change is better then none.

Edit: JQ posters might as well use map chat.

Edit 2: I will pay someone 5g to tally up post counts by players in this thread and locked. I’d like to know the winner of the pissi g contest.

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

(edited by Mindtrick.5190)

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

Ok, here’s the bottom line on all this transfer business..

Just as I cannot control who the American president is (voting only goes so far), you all cannot control where people decide to go for their home server. Sure, I can complain about our president till I am red in the face, but its not worth it. Likewise, people not on JQ (and maybe some JQ people) can complain about what server people decided to join but in the end, you have no control over it, so why stress yourself out over it? I don’t agree with the choice in President my fellow Americans chose, and I’m sure SoS, BG and maybe even some JQ people don’t agree with the server the transfers chose. A video game should be about fun as opposed to being like a second job. If you’re not having fun, then maybe you need to step back from it for a time. Fun to me is not complaining about mass transfers, using holiday events or holidays as an excuse for losing (which I know JQ is also at fault with), not having to apply for time off (sorry MERC, but that was just an example of what I think is not normal), and just enjoying the competition. If I get annoyed with WvW, I stop and go do something else. Some of you (on all 3 servers) act like this is a 2nd job and your salary and life is depending on it. Please take a second look and determine if this is the way you want to play a video game, because again, its meant to be fun, not stressful. If I offend you with this post, I did not intend to, and just trying to make a point. If you are this stressed out over it, take a break, come back and maybe in the future, look at is as merely a fun competition, not a 2nd life.

Porky’s a good example as someone that seems to enjoy the competition.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

(edited by Magiofdeath.2745)

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

People need to take an honest look at their own posts. A number of posters consider everyone else to be the troll and themselves to be the white knight defenders of truth and justice. They may want to reread their own series of posts.

IMHO, trolling “back” is still just trolling. Exploiting back is still just exploiting. and hate posts for whatever reason are just hate posts.

IMHO, It is fairly pointless telling other servers what they should do and how they should play against you, it might be better to just get on with playing the game the way you think it should be played.

I enjoyed the fights with BG, JQ early this week and look forward to playing them both again sometime this year.

I personally think we ( SoS) have a fair amount of work to do before being back up to the new gold standard but I am hoping we will get it done. Regardless, I will be on the WvWvW battlefields as it is the part of this game I enjoy most.

See you on the battlefields!

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

(edited by elkirin.8534)

in WvW

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

Just saw a chemtrail on BG BL, what are you guys spraying! Are you trying to geo-engineer a win?

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

A thousand gold given to groups that transferred? If they want to win that bad let them. I have to admire their desire to win.

in WvW

Posted by: rmBossa.4621

rmBossa.4621

You are not in JQ you now have nothing to do with JQ. You are only a JQ forum warrior. Please get over your move to FA, it must have been stressful and just stay with your server.

lol if you look from the time he typed up his previous post until the newest one, noone even responded to him or continued whatever conversation it is hes having with himself.

In fact, if you look closer almost no one except other JQ ppl posted since then.

so why stress yourself out over it?

Looks to me like your the one doing the stressin’

(edited by rmBossa.4621)

in WvW

Posted by: transtemporal.2158

transtemporal.2158

Looks like BG and SoS are in a race to drop to tier 2

hey bro if you haven’t heard the rankings are getting reset after this match is done, so doesn’t really matter

Exactly, and with SoR having the largest margin in their tier, I’m betting SoR will be the new number 1 a week into the reset.

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

I was? I responded to Aieo then Soma, then decided to give some advice about some of the SoS forum warriors complaining about JQ’s transfers that they have no control over. How is that talking to myself. I am referring to the mass complaints your server has had over JQ’s transfers…..

I don’t comment on the FA thread, because they don’t complain. I am just voicing my opinion on why people complaining in this tier is ridiculous. Ahh well, if you all want to be angsty, and not have fun with the game, to each his own.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

(edited by Magiofdeath.2745)

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Oh I forgot when we defeated SoS in early January it was because of New Years and this week it’s because JQ has 24/7 coverage.

SoS was the original HoD 2.0. JQ cant be HoD redux since we survived the O.G. HoD power house.

The best part of all this of course is how we heard for months from SoS leaders on how SoS was superior due to guild organization and tactical skill on the field.

Those “leaders” quit the game a few weeks ago how ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

Please keep the discussion on topic and without personal attacks or derailing posts. As a reminder to everyone, please read the specific rules for this sub forum.

in WvW

Posted by: AdliBot.4718

AdliBot.4718

if you see a comment, and feel annoyed by it, please do not reply immediately but ask yourself, is this a flame? and is it worth my time to respond to it?

anyway, good morning, as expected at this time of the day, JQ is dominating SoS BL (I’m from SoS) with BG flipping supply camps here and there (and taking our garrison >_<).

in WvW

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

There are an awful lot of emotional responses from SoSers. Pot meet kettle? You outnumber us, and it’s all good bro…we outnumber you, and now all of a sudden, it’s a major problem. LOL. Adapt or die.

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus

in WvW

Posted by: Cakewalk.3620

Cakewalk.3620

I dont know where you heard that BG is sitting out? Anyway, I hear JQ is recruiting guilds.

Your alliance, Blackgate War Council, has taken it upon themselves to decide this for the server, despite how many disagree with it. And as too many people in Blackgate blindly follow the decision of a chosen few within the Blackgate War “Council”, it is severely affecting WvW. Apparently there is a meeting today about it, though the decision seems to have already been made.

BWC is actively telling people to not participate in WvW outside of holding Overlook for the jumping puzzle. Looking at the score is proof enough for this. I’m surprised you aren’t aware, as I was under the impression you held rank within HB, and that HB was a very important factor within the BWC. It’s funny that they’ve decided this without even the entire “council’s” vote.

LotD denies any such actions. As someone with supposed ‘insider information’ you clearly do not know what you`re talking about.

We have and always will, be out there kicking kitten and taking names.

Evoex [LotD]
GW2 AGM (http://www.lotd.org)
Lords of the Dead “Killing With Style.” Since 1995

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

There are an awful lot of emotional responses from SoSers. Pot meet kettle? You outnumber us, and it’s all good bro…we outnumber you, and now all of a sudden, it’s a major problem. LOL. Adapt or die.

lol its never been “its all good bro” more like “SoS just use their massive zerg and coverage to win”.

all that is happening now is the names have been switched around. No longer is it the SoS zerg ball, its the JQ zerg ball.

imo the WvW needs a reset. maybe quick half week matches to get the current skill/coverage thing sorted after the transfer lock.

(edited by Thobek.1730)

in WvW

Posted by: Miiaah.5416

Miiaah.5416

T2 is more fun imo less worrying about the score

T2 never seemed boring either, you could always find a fun fight somewhere, there seems to be some rather long spans of lackluster battles in T1. Don’t get me wrong, the being outnumbered in a Garrison and having the other two servers zergballing you for 4 hours can be entertaining but……………T2 did seem a lot more entertaining

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

in WvW

Posted by: profitsports.5789

profitsports.5789

When free transfers were announced, SoS got guilds from Dragonbrand. It is a pity you are so blinded by JQ’s blinding powder. You should use condition removals and be able to see JQ’s coming together and accept the fact that you are now number two.

Who knew that Austin Powers was referring to JQ when he asked who number two worked for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SoS, see you soon.

Love,

Profit of Kaineng 80 charr thief
Fortified Keep Lord 80 norn guard
Moyayae 58 sylvari range
Sauce Like That 28 chickenhead warr
Saiyan Fourth 17 asura elementalism
Extraactor 11 sylvari necro
S P O R T S 6 asura engi
Omega Siege Golem 6 sylvari mesmer

in WvW

profitsports.5789

it only seems like it’s 2000:1 but that’s because some of your commanders are in dungeons lol

in WvW

crewthief.8649

it only seems like it’s 2000:1 but that’s because some of your commanders are in dungeons lol

Pretty much this. Deal with the new normal or get out of the way.

< JADE QUARRY >
Hands Off My Octopus

in WvW

profitsports.5789

JQ was able to hang even with some of their guilds “burning out” — LOL — and leaving the game for that FPS game.

Mad props to JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

People take this game WWWAAAAAYYYYY too seriously…

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I recently transferred from SOS over to JQ. I did it for a few reasons. I felt a bit detached from SOS after patone left. He was a player who led well and if he was in EB I was going there. After he left, I lost interest in WvW. The queues were long so whats the point, might as well go farm fractals instead of waiting in a queue for an hour.

Im certain SOS will return to form. I see alot of hate in here from other servers towards SOS, which is a bit of a shame. From the few discussions I have had with JQ players in the BLs it doesn’t seem to be something that reflects the attitude of JQ towards SOS. Rather just a few vocal forum warriors who like to talk tough in here.

in WvW

crewthief.8649

Because it’s obviously serious business…you didn’t know?

< JADE QUARRY >
Hands Off My Octopus

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

We’re a detatched bunch here in the Oceanic timezone Must have missed the memo

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

in WvW

crewthief.8649

We’re a detatched bunch here in the Oceanic timezone Must have missed the memo

On a completely unrelated side note; i’d love to move to Australia, lol.

< JADE QUARRY >
Hands Off My Octopus

in WvW

Posted by: Ashlov.3819

Ashlov.3819

Internet tough guy, you so scary.

Yeah, because i’m obviously trying to act like a tough guy, lol. What I stated is fact. That’s how T1 works, sorry to break it to you. I know you got comfortable in winning, and that was perfectly acceptable to you…even if you outnumbered the opponent. But now that tables have turned, there’s QQ flowing sideways in here. So really, honestly, at the expense of you thinking i’m trying to sound tough…either adapt to this new incarnation of JQ, or get overrun. We’ve adapted plenty in the past, can you?

Jump to conclusions much? Sheesh.

Chuck Chuck Bobuck – Dwarec Mercs [DM] – NA Guild on Sanctum of Rall
http://www.dwarecmercs.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3DARC_rwUQ

in WvW

crewthief.8649

Internet tough guy, you so scary.

Yeah, because i’m obviously trying to act like a tough guy, lol. What I stated is fact. That’s how T1 works, sorry to break it to you. I know you got comfortable in winning, and that was perfectly acceptable to you…even if you outnumbered the opponent. But now that tables have turned, there’s QQ flowing sideways in here. So really, honestly, at the expense of you thinking i’m trying to sound tough…either adapt to this new incarnation of JQ, or get overrun. We’ve adapted plenty in the past, can you?

Jump to conclusions much? Sheesh.

It’s something new I thought i’d try, starting this week. How am I doing?

< JADE QUARRY >
Hands Off My Octopus

in WvW

Posted by: Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles.1398

It was fantastic that we had a chance to officaly GvG. Great fun with TSYM

We will be uploading photo’s and videos. Great work everyone across all three servers. Hope those that were there enjoyed the fight!

Score: EMP – 6 , TSYM – 3

Attachments:

Rawnoodles | Mini Noodles
[ESOL] -Elite Solidarity| Driver|
" Latest Video "

in WvW

Posted by: Rayine.7502

Rayine.7502

Thanks for the great fight TSym

in WvW

Posted by: Vidar Oort.5234

Vidar Oort.5234

^ So much fun. Thanks for the awesome battles

Mornahk – Warrior
[Ark]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Naytron.7831

Naytron.7831

Thank you TSym for the organized GvG with us, Empërium [EMP]. I’m sure both parties had a blast! Mad respect to you guys for the sportsmanship. See you guys on the battlefield!

Nate
[NS] – Jade Quarry
Night Shift Guild Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

There´s cookies in SM.. Any takers?

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

What kind of cookies

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: Khundun.7602

Khundun.7602

Some of the most fun I’ve had in this game doing GvG with TSym on SoS BL tonight. Thanks for the great fights.

Khundun | Empërium[EMP] | Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

What kind of cookies

Its strawberry chocolate chip cookies with a hint of cinnamon.

Thanks to both JQ and SoS for some epic battles inside SM today. We had a blast defending second and third floor and retaking it. !

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in WvW

Posted by: Kyo.6180

Kyo.6180

Giving out free milk and cookies come and get them at SM

in WvW

Posted by: Flirty Nerd.6407

Flirty Nerd.6407

Thanks TSym for the GvG! Our group had an amazing time and this is honestly the most fun a lot of us have had on this game in quite some time. We were very impressed with your good sportsmanship and ability to adapt – and we look forward to our future encounters with you. Good fights!

| Legendary Flirt – 80 Guardian | Red Essence [RE] – Dragonbrand |