Jan 25 - Feb 1 2013 | SoS & JQ & BG

in WvW

Posted by: taek.9386

taek.9386

There are an awful lot of emotional responses from SoSers. Pot meet kettle? You outnumber us, and it’s all good bro…we outnumber you, and now all of a sudden, it’s a major problem. LOL. Adapt or die.

LOL such hypocrisy, so you’re saying JQ never complained when SOS ‘outnumbered’ you guys?? I’m sure alot of JQQ’ers complained – hence why sos is apparently called the zerg/stacked server, however now the roles are reversed they can’t voice their own opinions? DOUBLE STANDARDS BRO!

Btw please tell me how your meant to adapt when your outnumbered 5:1? And then if we can’t adapt I guess we all die, and JQQ will have no competition right?

in WvW

Posted by: Zen Later.6475

Zen Later.6475

With this week being a wash with the imminent tier resetting, any interest in some fight clubbing?

Fun chance to get some wvw 1v1’s, 2v2’s and squad v squad (5 on 5). Heck even some (more) GvG’ing?

What say ye SoS, JQ and BG type folks?

in WvW

Posted by: Profanity.8016

Profanity.8016

Thanks TSym, was alot of fun….

^ the final handshake lol’s

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

People take this game WWWAAAAAYYYYY too seriously…

Because it’s obviously serious business…you didn’t know?

We’re a detatched bunch here in the Oceanic timezone Must have missed the memo

On a completely unrelated side note; i’d love to move to Australia, lol.

Who wouldn’t! It’s a fact that Australia is the greatest country in the universe!!
(Facts may be fabricated)

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

Its good to hear you guys had fun in GvG Look me up anytime if you wanna face HB !

One quick question: Did TSym bring more members to the GvG than agreed on again?

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in WvW

Posted by: WRod.3856

WRod.3856

Its good to hear you guys had fun in GvG Look me up anytime if you wanna face HB !

One quick question: Did TSym bring more members to the GvG than agreed on again?

We didn’t count their side but it looked fair :P

in WvW

Posted by: Polismassa.6740

Polismassa.6740

Nah, they were all pretty fair matchups, there was one wipe we had where a few of the spectators started attacking/stomping our players, but they pretty much had us beat anyway. I think both guilds learned a lot during those engagements, I know that every time we had a wipe, we tried to look carefully at what happened, and fix it the next time. We tried a few fairly ambitious strategies at first, but when we slipped up, Tsym knocked us flat.

All in all, we had a great time Tsym, thanks for agreeing to fight us and communicating with your server as well.

[IX]

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

I have fought alongside Tysm and against EMP. Some amazing battles and Keep/garrison defences.

IMHO, They are two very fine teams. I hope they both stay in GW2 for a long time.

Enjoy the game all, it is meant to be fun

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: xKedge.5493

xKedge.5493

I liked BG attitude this week. They went in for the kill. It’s sad some servers just give up to soon. It used to be SBI.. now it seems SoS caught the flu.

Oh well.. New week, new challenge. I really looking towards SoR and BG to go against JQ.
That could be a good match up.

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I have fought alongside Tysm and against EMP. Some amazing battles and Keep/garrison defences.

IMHO, They are two very fine teams. I hope they both stay in GW2 for a long time.

Enjoy the game all, it is meant to be fun

I agree, don’t know anything about EMP except for they are on JQ but I have played along side Tysm. A good bunch with smart commanders.

in WvW

Posted by: xKedge.5493

xKedge.5493

There are an awful lot of emotional responses from SoSers. Pot meet kettle? You outnumber us, and it’s all good bro…we outnumber you, and now all of a sudden, it’s a major problem. LOL. Adapt or die.

LOL such hypocrisy, so you’re saying JQ never complained when SOS ‘outnumbered’ you guys?? I’m sure alot of JQQ’ers complained – hence why sos is apparently called the zerg/stacked server, however now the roles are reversed they can’t voice their own opinions? DOUBLE STANDARDS BRO!

Btw please tell me how your meant to adapt when your outnumbered 5:1? And then if we can’t adapt I guess we all die, and JQQ will have no competition right?

Wrong.. BG did better than SoS. Does BG has more numbers too.. I suppose on your logic.

Wrong.. BG did better than SoS. Does BG has more numbers too.. I suppose on your logic.SoR seems to have a strong server. I really wanna go against them and BG as i already post before.

Wrong.. BG did better than SoS. Does BG has more numbers too.. I suppose on your logic.SoR seems to have a strong server. I really wanna go against them and BG as i already post before.SoS was stack for awhile… If your blind to see that.. then its a shame. Is jade quarry stack.. not sure cause BG was holding for the most part while SoS gave up.

in WvW

Posted by: Miiaah.5416

Miiaah.5416

SoSBL with fireworks and everything………fun stuff tonight!

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Wrong.. BG did better than SoS. Does BG has more numbers too.. I suppose on your logic.

Wrong.. BG did better than SoS. Does BG has more numbers too.. I suppose on your logic.SoR seems to have a strong server. I really wanna go against them and BG as i already post before.

Wrong.. BG did better than SoS. Does BG has more numbers too.. I suppose on your logic.SoR seems to have a strong server. I really wanna go against them and BG as i already post before.SoS was stack for awhile… If your blind to see that.. then its a shame. Is jade quarry stack.. not sure cause BG was holding for the most part while SoS gave up.

Not really. TBH SOS seems to be playing really poorly this week. Very disorganized and very poor individual play. This is from my perspective as an SOS player.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Based on the current ratings SoS will just remain in Tier 1 for the last week in this series. To my mind the Reset brings us a new weekly series, new challenges and more fun.

If SOS holds T1 this week, then SoS will end the first weekly series with 12 Tier one medals and JQ will end with 18, a terrific effort by both servers.

I think players who contributed to those medals can be proud of their server’s efforts. I also thank JQ for many fun fights in T1.

IMHO, BG will do well in the next series and I wish them luck!

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

(edited by elkirin.8534)

in WvW

Posted by: Annabel.5127

Annabel.5127

It was definitely super fun. Fireworks!~

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

This is the best page of the thread. General good attitude, fireworks and fun had by all 3 servers. I wish I could of had witnessed this while I was on JQ. Ahh well. Good luck in the reset you all!

BG, I look forward to seeing you guys once again. I’m sure you’ll roflstomp Tier 2. Feisty, looking forward to the awesome score reports. It will probably not be long lasting though, as I’m sure you guys will move back up to Tier 1 pretty quick. Best of luck to you all, not that you need it.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

in WvW

Posted by: taek.9386

taek.9386

wtf did i just read, i want to smack my head on the table!!! me no understand xD

in WvW

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

LOL i love some the jq poster comparing the very slight coverage advantage SOS had before paid transfers to the massive stacking jq has now that eclipses even what HOD had at its best. I was even hoping JQ got a few guilds but to see what they did just makes me sad.

in WvW

Posted by: Joker.8064

Joker.8064

JQ zerg in EBG, was that mithril node worth it ;P?

[Pro] Joker
Founder of The Provoked
http://www.theprovoked.com

in WvW

Thobek.1730

what the hell are you trying to say here?

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

happened to me as well….. sometimes your sentences repeat itself after you submit the reply…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

I wish it was a better word than kitten.

in WvW

Posted by: Killver.7653

Killver.7653

I wish it was a better word than kitten.

Well the forum software replaces certain words with kitten

Killversan – Guardian – VoTF – SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

GvG is not what TSYM is about. We will not use WvW as our own personal kitten fencing ground. Taking up 30+ slots in a WvW match for a “come at me bro” chest bump is not playing for SoS, its playing for our own personal ego.

We will no longer be participating in these activities, do not bother messaging us on it, and mind your own house. TSYM plays for Sea of Sorrows first, and ourselves second. Letting our ego take the wheel is not how we do business, and we will refrain from it in the future.

Seems like the stance on GvG changed in TSYM.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in WvW

Posted by: waeren.9743

waeren.9743

Wow you really get kitteny after taking SM back?

The story behind it:

VoTF taking SM
VoTF wiping HB
HB leaving map bcz they cry
VoTF leaves map
HB comes back
HB takes SM
HB happy

Afaik he just wanted some people in SM to fight, no reason to get so upset.

Yes you wiped us, well played and congratulations. But next time you can also add the fact that you outnumbered us 2:1 if not more

in WvW

Posted by: Killver.7653

Killver.7653

The story behind it:

VoTF taking SM
VoTF wiping HB
VoTF leaves map
HB comes back
HB takes SM
HB happy

Afaik he just wanted some people in SM to fight, no reason to get so upset.

Yes you wiped us, well played and congratulations. But next time you can also add the fact that you outnumbered us 2:1 if not more

Always finding excuses that are not true. But well, keep it easy. Still were some great fights, even though unfortunately just a few.

Killversan – Guardian – VoTF – SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

Just fight each other in a BO7 format with equal number instead of being forum warriors. You still have 2 more days to settle the score before the match-up changes.

Or you can keep throwing thinly-veiled insults at each other, that works too.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in WvW

Posted by: Churchill.8714

Churchill.8714

There´s cookies in SM.. Any takers?

The story behind it:

VoTF taking SM
VoTF wiping HB
VoTF leaves map
HB comes back
HB takes SM
HB happy

I like our VoTF pals

in WvW

Thobek.1730

There´s cookies in SM.. Any takers?

The story behind it:

VoTF taking SM
VoTF wiping HB
VoTF leaves map
HB comes back
HB takes SM
HB happy

I like our VoTF pals

So do I after seeing them in action. unstoppable.

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

Jade Quarry has been in T1 for as long as I can remember, so I’m sure you’ve won plenty of matches. Careful though, the #1 server tends to implode the fastest over time compared to the lower ranking servers. Just like NSP, HoD, SBI, and apparently SoS seeing how kittenty they have been playing this week. It gets lonely at the top especially when the servers in your tier don’t offer much of a challenge.

I think we’ve placed first 3 times in T1.

I’m pretty sure we’ll have plenty of challenges.

We don’t implode because we don’t have a fluctuating Morale. We all enjoy WvW and each other, win or lose.

We’ve been in T1 this long because we love to play.

Thanks for the ‘advice’ but we’ll manage just fine.

Well, for people to abandon your server now they will literally have to pay. So being one of the strongest (if not the strongest) servers at the end of the free transfer cut off is a great luxury to have.

Most, if not all, servers are safe from imploding (or at least far more resilient) now that you can’t just walk away.

I can’t predict the future (especially with the unknown strength of some transferred servers and a full force SoS server – this week is not indicative of their strength in comparison to the new JQ, but I do expect JQ to be considerably stronger than SoS ever was regardless of what SoS does next week) but I can read the current score board and the posts about transfers that went to JQ at the end of the free transfers. I can also see the minimum of 1,000 gems to transfer NA servers (1,800 for a high population one – expect Kaineng to be this soon, there are currently no 500 gem servers). It’s possible we will see big migrations even with paid transfers, but it’s undeniable that JQ’s current position enjoys a privileged stability that no-one else was given prior to the 28th. I think we would still see SBI in tier one (or at least two) had WM been forced to either pay or stay.

Do you think SBI, or any other server which was destroyed by free transfers, loved WvW less than you? Almost all transfers are done for WvW reasons, everyone bandwagons does so to play WvW. Was JQ server loyalty ever tested by being in a low tier for an extended period of time? Loyalty is only tested when things go poorly for you for the foreseeable future, I don’t remember that ever happening to JQ. Nothing like SBI faced after WM left.

Maybe the servers will even out in a couple of months, but I think JQ won the lotto by being the last bandwagon server before the gates closed.

Oh, so suffering a beatdown for 9 straight weeks in T1 is easier to take than losing in T5? Pffft. So, because we never dropped below T2 even when we were losing population daily means we’re somehow having fun while it happens?

Many of us chose the server, not the rank including our new transfers. I know it’s hard for some folks who are emotionally wounded by low ranking to believe, but some of us pick who we play with based on who we like.

I chose Jade Quarry before I even bought the game. I got lucky. I met tons of very cool folks immediately. If we’d ended up in T5, I wouldn’t care. I got lucky. A lot of other people agreed that JQ has a pretty cool player base and philosophy on WvW. Do you think groups from SBI WANTED to come to JQ for POINTS??? They came despite their past leanings and desire to show us up BECAUSE we met with them and all of us got along so well, it fit.

In 5 months, all of this will mean nothing and the only thing holding a server together will be the bonds of friendship we create. Score be kitten Tier what? I don’t care. These are the folks I roll with and that’s that.

I know it’s hard to believe, but this isn’t about score.

1. It’s about making sure your with the community you like before having to pay to find a home.

2. It’s about beating SoS. We have won nothing and somehow we’re the stacked bandwagon server no matter what. If we win 9 weeks in a row, THEN call me. No one hated on SoS with their clear 2 to 1 advantage. Good on them for being excellent recruiters. Our turn now.

The rest is other people not on JQ saying how JQ should operate. Naw. We’re good. Take your advice and give it to your lower digestive track the hard way.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

in WvW

Posted by: Churchill.8714

Churchill.8714

I loved our 2 to 1 advantage, it helped us defeat JQ by 3-30k every week.

We are just terrible players on SoS, we had twice as many people but JQ kept it close every week and could have won every week because they have far superior skills than SoS – I mean have you seen SoS in open field combat? SBI used to destroy SoS every time no matter what if it was open field. It could have been 5 SBI vs 100 SoS and SBI still would have won.

I’ll miss those days when SoS had queues 24/7 from Monday to Friday in every borderland for 30-60m because of the population advantage. I’ll miss our population advantage during NA time where (primarily) small NA guilds held the PPT across all 4 borderlands after Euro/SEA times when SoS’s 2 to 1 advantage fielded no guilds or commanders and JQ routinely was 400-550 PPT.

It was a crazy ride to the top.

in WvW

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

LOL i love some the jq poster comparing the very slight coverage advantage SOS had before paid transfers to the massive stacking jq has now that eclipses even what HOD had at its best. I was even hoping JQ got a few guilds but to see what they did just makes me sad.

LOL I love the SoS posters not seeing that they were stacked. And crying on the forums when they are losing.

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Miiaah.5416

Miiaah.5416

It was definitely super fun. Fireworks!~

Yeah there were several times I could barely fight I was laughing so hard. I don’t know how we came out alive as many times as we did when it wasn’t a large group to start with and half the people were shooting off fireworks, thanks EA that was mucho fun

Attachments:

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

in WvW

Posted by: Meditrinas Faith.8320

Meditrinas Faith.8320

Not that I can point a specific post out but didn’t JQ actually claim to be stacking their server with transfers? Wasn’t that actually in multiple posts? Then you getting a bit crazy saying its propaganda? SoS gets flooded (literally) Aus players.. hope things dry out for you soon. Transfers come in on other servers. Its simple. Good game to all. When the winning server comes out and kittens all over the place its ugly. You had the chance to be graceful in your powerful win. You blew that class act. There is next week.

1. Jade Quarry
2. Sanctum of Rall
3. Sea of Sorrows

Bye bye BG.

in WvW

Posted by: Brassnautilus.2941

Brassnautilus.2941

Nobody has been as stacked as JQ is now. That last transfer caused panic in all the number watchers and induced a mass exodus.

There was once this server called Henge, pvdoor t1 24/7, with 2h queue all day long. It used to have cmdr drama when other servers didn’t even have blue tags.

in WvW

Wotah.2975

Nobody has been as stacked as JQ is now. That last transfer caused panic in all the number watchers and induced a mass exodus.

There are WvW threatening problems now, one is that with such an overwhelming force people will quit trying to fight it. JQ has the numbers but now nobody can or wants fight. Winning because of lack of competition is more corrosive than losing.
The second problem is, nobody is going to pay $20 to transfer to a weaker server, so the problem keeps compounding, balance is the least of peoples worries they just want to be on the “winning” side.

It seems that Anet bought the cart before the horse on this one. We shot ourselves in the foot and Anet handed us the gun. I hope WvWers are smart enough to balance this out on their own, but hoping people to do the right thing is about as useful as teets on a turtle.

Aaaaah panic, panic! It is the end, the end I tell you!

Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: mrchips.9154

mrchips.9154

Not that I can point a specific post out but didn’t JQ actually claim to be stacking their server with transfers? Wasn’t that actually in multiple posts? Then you getting a bit crazy saying its propaganda? SoS gets flooded (literally) Aus players.. hope things dry out for you soon. Transfers come in on other servers. Its simple. Good game to all. When the winning server comes out and kittens all over the place its ugly. You had the chance to be graceful in your powerful win. You blew that class act. There is next week.

1. Jade Quarry
2. Sanctum of Rall
3. Sea of Sorrows

Bye bye BG.

its a shame T1 and T2 is a one horse race now if this last week is anything to go by hopefully the up and coming servers will make T2 a bit more competitive T3 looks like thats where all the frantic action is going to be next week.
but thxs for the fun fights JQ and SoS am sure BG will be back next week just hope its SoR which stays up so we can go toe to toe with em again

be interesting to see how SoR fair in T1 tihnk they in for a bit of a shock tbh

HB Chipper 80 ranger, Bredana 80 necro
BlackGate
http://www.hb-eu.com/

in WvW

Wotah.2975

1. Jade Quarry
2. Sanctum of Rall
3. Sea of Sorrows

Bye bye BG.

Hmm I know of none of these messages that you’re speaking of, we’ve been getting hit with false accusations and assumptions for 2 straight weeks. What will make next week any different?

Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

There are WvW threatening problems now, one is that with such an overwhelming force people will quit trying to fight it. JQ has the numbers but now nobody can or wants fight. Winning because of lack of competition is more corrosive than losing.
The second problem is, nobody is going to pay $20 to transfer to a weaker server, so the problem keeps compounding, balance is the least of peoples worries they just want to be on the “winning” side.

It seems that Anet bought the cart before the horse on this one. We shot ourselves in the foot and Anet handed us the gun. I hope WvWers are smart enough to balance this out on their own, but hoping people to do the right thing is about as useful as teets on a turtle.

Not sure if you know this but the maps per WvW are capped equally between servers. What this means is no one server can have more than the other in WvW

Is it any one server’s fault for having the numbers and population for WvW but not logging in. Most servers have the population to have a constant WvW 24/presence. Why the server you are on isnt constantly in WvW isnt an issue we have an answer for.

SoS is still a power house when running at full steam. Hopefully a few of the commanders that quit last week return, holiday/natural disasters etc in AuS bring back the standard SoS presence, and this week off for training, break etc has SoS threatening for top dog again. It’s not how often you hit the mat but how many times you get back up that counts.

BG you guys have a complete new attitude this time around in t1. Less kitten talking, less quitting, and more respectable fighting.

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

BG lost all of the bandwagoners who were responsible for that stuff Barab. Most of them left months ago.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

1. Jade Quarry
2. Sanctum of Rall
3. Sea of Sorrows

Bye bye BG.

Nobody has won yet. I know it’s almost a done deal, but how can we be gracious in a win that hasn’t happened? Who on JQ is being declasse about it? We’re just responding to folks disparaging us and those who transferred to us.

If and when we win, GG all sides and let’s see what next week brings. I think SoS and SoR or BG if they can make some hay will do just fine against us. Heck, BG did a lot better this week than anyone predicted. And the score SoS is putting up isn’t representative of what they are capable of.

Next week is going to be a street fight. The LEGITIMATE SoS players who don’t whine and make excuses have assured us that they are regrouping, replanning, testing, training, theory crafting and intend to give us hell next week.

The top 6 servers are filled with great guilds, players and digital warriors. The lower ranked servers have great guilds and players, just not enough players period. I spend hours in WvW and I see how tough certain guilds are and I know they will come out firing live bullets. This isn’t over and no one is bragging from our side.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

in WvW

Posted by: profitsports.5789

profitsports.5789

SoR will go for revenge on SoS.
JQ will see that.
Blackgate is back in tier 1.
SoS goes to tier 2, Kaineng and Dragonbrand move up.

Too many tears of sorrows :*(

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

JQ will see that.

Hmmm. You do know that ratings are being reset on Friday right? It’ll be a little while before things are similar to how they are now.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: shrewd.5319

shrewd.5319

JQ will see that.

Hmmm. You do know that ratings are being reset on Friday right? It’ll be a little while before things are similar to how they are now.

Ohhh, lucky See Of Zorros

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

1. Jade Quarry
2. Sanctum of Rall
3. Sea of Sorrows

Bye bye BG.

You do realize in all likelyhood BG will be in T1 before any of the other three you listed after next Friday?

Of course anet can decide to do anything, it all speculation, but even if the ratings weren’t about to be reset, I agree with a poster above, I think SoR is in for a bit of a shock.

We got pages and pages and pages of complaints about how BG pvdoors them. JQ, get your forum warrior pants on, cuz your going to need it with them lol.

in WvW

Wotah.2975

JQ, get your forum warrior pants on, cuz your going to need it with them lol.

Aaah man, I can never catch a break. I just took them off.

Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I’m not fully up on the politics… why would SoR go for revenge against SoS? Revenge for what?

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Proumbro.1376

Proumbro.1376

I’m not fully up on the politics… why would SoR go for revenge against SoS? Revenge for what?

I wouldn’t say revenge as much as I would say rivalry. It’s been a while since our super close matches of the past, and many of us are looking forward to some equally fun matches when we meet again.

Shiro No Shinigami – Necro
“Life is a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth.”

in WvW

Posted by: Blade.9317

Blade.9317

Score update brought to you by Feisty (it looks like everyone is taking the day off, just me and a chicken here):

Attachments:

[ICoa] Feisty Brat, Mesmer
Blackgate

(edited by Blade.9317)

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

Score update brought to you by Feisty (it looks like everyone is taking the day off):

Punch that chicken in the face! Just hope its not a Zelda chicken.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!