Jan 25 - Feb 1 2013 | SoS & JQ & BG

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Its pretty clear what will happen if JQ keep getting more and more guilds to come over. They will outnumbered everyone to the point it will become boring and pointless to play.

Just like it happened on BG BL’s. 10 or so SoS used siegebreaker to get the keep then 50+ JQ turn up and smash their faces against the wall 5 minutes later. Pretty much nothing we could do to stop it.

After a while we realised it was pointless, everywhere we went we were greeted by their big zerg or some of their smaller ones that still had twice the numbers then we could muster in the entire map.

As someone correctly said things weren’t that stacked before the mass influx of guilds into JQ, the games were close. JQ had good SEA/NA coverage. Now its so stacked the only interesting thing is who will come 2nd.

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Update going in now, free transfers are closed. We can go back to talking about fiesty’s cute score updates.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

(edited by zhonnika.1784)

in WvW

Posted by: Kellnor.5428

Kellnor.5428

I don’t know why it’s JQ’s fault for getting new guilds.
We can’t stop people from transferring, and we definitely can’t make guilds transfer over.
Every T1 server had the same opportunity to appeal to guilds wanting to move up before the end of free transfers.

I think what it comes down to is we all want to win and in doing so JQ could of stated they have enough transfers in their recruitment thread. They kept recruiting because they don’t care about being “sportsmen” it’s a game and they want to win. It’s very unfortunate that JQ now outnumbers both servers majority of the time now. Would of been a rare sight to see a server direct these larger guilds to their “enemies server”. However I blame mostly Anet for allowing the possibility of servers using blackouts in order to exploit the transfers on a full server. JQ isn’t the only one to blame here but clearly they used this mechanic more.

I’m afraid you’re simply wrong. There have been some who have posted on our thread saying we are well set on transfers. The fact is, we recruited. We now have more coverage and there is nothing “wrong” with that. As far as blackouts are concerned there is nothing wrong with it. We have an incredibly large, strong community and wanted more to join so we made it possible for them to transfer. So really who are the poor sportsmen? The server that built it’s community? Or the upset former first place server?

Commander Kell Swiftfire, Jade Quarry
Co-Leader & Defensive Strategist of Empërium [EMP]

in WvW

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

A couple weeks ago my guild launched 27 break out events on SoS Borderland. Back to back. Each time SoS responded with enough people to swamp us plus NPC commander, plus our siege. I think we were successful twice out of the entire time. We had 20 people. During the later of the 27 events, we barely had 10 on a couple attempts.

You have been in T1 9 weeks? 8 weeks? And you’ve lost one match… The JQ Apocalypse is not coming. It is not coming. It’s not coming. Not coming. BOO!!! =)

I am rooting for the underdog in BG for this weeks matchup though. I think they might have what it takes to over take SoS!

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

I’m also kind of confused about blaming JQ for the transfers. Unless underhanded deals went on that I don’t know about, what could we do OTHER than ask if people want to join, and then provide blackouts for them to do so?

Were we bribing guilds? Were we selling them our bodies so they join us? Making a thread asking people to join your server is something that all 3 servers did, to my knowledge. Beyond that is the transferring guilds that decide. It’s not like we could say ‘Nope stop transferring, we are turning it off’. We (original guilds on JQ) didn’t have that power.

SoS made a recruitment thread, we made a recruitment thread. It isn’t our doing that we got more people, it was the people that joined. For whatever reason JQ was more appealing. Should we apologize for that? I don’t think so.

in WvW

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Score Update!

I think you need to make sure your guild logo is in that picture a few more times.

:D

This score update is brought to you by Empërium.

Score… check.
PPT… check.

I’d call it a valid score update.

Actually as much as I love EMP and its a nice screenie the only score update is only valid in my book if Feisty posts it

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in WvW

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

Remember if Fiesty goes back to T2…SHE has to transfer to JQ and post our scores!!!!

I’ll even pay her Gem costs for both xfers =)

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in WvW

Posted by: Minoru.1237

Minoru.1237

I’ll second that. Can we get a Feisty score update please.

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I’ll second that. Can we get a Feisty score update please.

She posted one an hour ago. Bottom of page 8.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Kreen.3925

I guess the weekdays are showing JQs true massive coverage. They are sitting at +475 ppt. I know I would be bored, but I guess we are playing the game for different reasons

Last week SoS’s Oceanics were posting screenshots with 400 ppt ticks and closed a 10K gap on us twice. I know they had just had holiday weekend and some troubles in Aus that I hope work out folks there. Its clear they are not fielding their full numbers for whatever reason. You would need to ask SoS why that might be…

I have nothing but respect HB and their fighting and I hope BG gets some more guilds.

I fight for JQ.

(edited by Kreen.3925)

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

This is a game. All servers are infested with gamers. People need a break now and then so they recruit others, that is all, it is not some evil plot to break the game.

The top tier servers have very large numbers, everyone in the game that actually plays will have run into larger or better coordinated forces and been wiped, get over it.

Good luck all, I have had some great fights this week, I have seen many uplevelled players out in WVW. I congratulate them for being out there fighting for their server!

We always need new blood to keep these things rolling, see you on the battlefields!

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Kreen.3925

Score update brought to you by Feisty:

now thats what I am talking about

I fight for JQ.

in WvW

Posted by: jason barnes.4239

jason barnes.4239

JQ appeal was JQ were #2 simple as that. The guilds wanted T1 but didn’t want to join the already #1 server but at the same time they didn’t want to work too hard from #3 …. however jq were already close. NA was even, sos oceanic was dominant, jq sea/uk was stronger.

So it’s not surprising the influx has tipped the balance.

Anyway it’s too early to be running up white flags, with such a dramatic change there is an element of shock and awe and a period of adjustment and settling is to be expected.

in WvW

Posted by: Bankzilla.2984

Bankzilla.2984

I guess the weekdays are showing JQs true massive coverage. They are sitting at +475 ppt. I know I would be bored, but I guess we are playing the game for different reasons

Last week SoS’s Oceanics were posting screenshots with 400 ppt ticks and closed a 10K gap on us twice. I know they had just had holiday weekend and some troubles in Aus that I hope work out folks there. Its clear they are not fielding their full numbers for whatever reason. You would need to ask SoS why that might be…

I have nothing but respect HB and their fighting and I hope BG gets some more guilds.

Dunno if you’ve been reading everything, Australia had a long weekend where it’s pretty much I guess like 4th of July but for 3 days straight and on top of that one of there busiest citys has been flooded, the other half of australia is on fire. It’s like the apocalypse is happening there.

Love from a concerned Kiwi <3 hope to hear back from you again aussies

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Dunno if you’ve been reading everything, Australia had a long weekend where it’s pretty much I guess like 4th of July but for 3 days straight and on top of that one of there busiest citys has been flooded, the other half of australia is on fire. It’s like the apocalypse is happening there.

Don’t forget about the sea foam invasion that’s hitting Australia.

http://weather.aol.com/2013/01/28/watch-sea-foam-covers-australian-town

;)

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

For every BG/SoS post you get 4 JQ’s, they even out number us on the forums

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

on top of that one of there busiest citys has been flooded, the other half of australia is on fire.

Meh, we’ve got at least another 2 months of cyclones and a reasonably large amount of the place burns down every summer. I just hate working in telco, it just means extra work fixing everything so people can play games and calling emergency services.
(As opposed to their usual routine of playing games, calling their drug dealers and ordering pizza.)

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I seen a few players from SOS leave for JQ recently. Im glad they did. There is a reason I went to SOS as soon as I could. They will stand the test of time and are the most stable of all servers. Why? Because we have Oceanic coverage and SOS is considered Oceanics home server. I don’t want fickle bandwagon players in my server. JQ is beating us this week for alot of reasons. Maybe SOS might drop to Tier 2 at some stage. But they will always be one of the most stable and consistent servers in WvW. Other servers can have their rise to the top, fall to the bottom. Ill just sit here in T1/T2 smoking my pipe.

Having this rands and pugs leave for JQ is good for SOS. We free up spots for real players and guilds who actually contribute to the server.

in WvW

Posted by: thievery.2701

thievery.2701

I don’t understand this nonsense about JQ having done something wrong by recruiting. All three tier one servers saw that this was a need, and all three servers tried to recruit via these forums. JQ seems to have won and why is that wrong? Someone had to.

At least the vast majority of you guys aren’t working overtime on the forums trying to defame JQ, and for that I’m grateful. Some of us enjoy the game enough to play without much complaining. I, for one, am grateful that there is a new top dog. It keeps wvwvw fresh (I may be speaking too soon here). It also helps that I happen to be a part of that server. Happy hunting weekday crews from all three servers! Might be the last time we’re all together.

in WvW

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

I seen a few players from SOS leave for JQ recently. Im glad they did. There is a reason I went to SOS as soon as I could. They will stand the test of time and are the most stable of all servers. Why? Because we have Oceanic coverage and SOS is considered Oceanics home server. I don’t want fickle bandwagon players in my server. JQ is beating us this week for alot of reasons. Maybe SOS might drop to Tier 2 at some stage. But they will always be one of the most stable and consistent servers in WvW. Other servers can have their rise to the top, fall to the bottom. Ill just sit here in T1/T2 smoking my pipe.

Having this rands and pugs leave for JQ is good for SOS. We free up spots for real players and guilds who actually contribute to the server.

This post is funny…and pretty irrational. JQ has been in T1 since launch, longer than any other server…by alot. We’ve had ups and downs, mass exodus and huge influx, and we’ve remained in Tier 1. The fact of the matter is, our CORE is rock solid. That same core started on JQ and have stuck it out through thick and thin. They’ve weathered adversity time and again; From being outnumbered and getting in the weeds with Guerrilla tactics, to zerging about steamrolling everything and everyone. JQ has weathered the storm. I’d suggest some of you SoSers find a way to adapt to this new incarnation of JQ, rather than whining on and on about how unfair it is. Noone feels sorry for SoS.

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus

in WvW

Bankzilla.2984

I think the only people that don’t see what’s gone wrong with JQ is JQ themselves. You guys brought in pretty much every major guild on every server. You needed to fill a few spots and you ended up with enough people to fill a entire new server with.
Wish someone would finally release the full list of guilds that moved to JQ, because both on here and guru it doesn’t even show 1/3 of them.

Also funny how every other week JQ or BG were crying about 2v1 and now that it’s happening to SoS you don’t see any people crying about it. JQ is extremely belligerent and now that they’re the dominating force they like to rub it in and say we don’t see anything wrong.

in WvW

Kreen.3925

Yup, thats what I meant by troubles, sorry if I wasn’t clear. Apologies to anyone who took offence. I heard about those floods and fire in Australia. I hope things get better for them real soon

I guess my other comment was about your lower numbers generally outside of the Oceanic zone although I completely understand how hard it can be to get folks into WvW when the scores aren’t in your favour. As you know we have been there ourselves.

Anyway, hope things work out for the Australia folks and hope things improve for SoS in the coming days.

I fight for JQ.

in WvW

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

honestly, as a commander from Sea of Sorrows who has pulled 12 + hour shifts (staying up until oceanic prime time)
I can’t do that anymore, mainly because after 3 months it gets tiring, its not as fun, and theres no recognition for any of the hours / work put into WvW.

If there was a leaderboard, that showed what my guild accomplished, I would probably push even harder. But there isn’t, i’m just another commander for Green, who temporarily holds a keep green, or blue, or red for a certain amount of time. And nobody would have known how long it was held, how it was held, and what we did to hold it that long. Unless recorded by fraps. But I CBF doing that everyday, since it lags and makes culling worse.

Yea, i am a glory kitten, i dont care

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

in WvW

sostronk.8167

This post is funny…and pretty irrational. JQ has been in T1 since launch, longer than any other server…by alot. We’ve had ups and downs, mass exodus and huge influx, and we’ve remained in Tier 1. The fact of the matter is, our CORE is rock solid. That same core started on JQ and have stuck it out through thick and thin. They’ve weathered adversity time and again; From being outnumbered and getting in the weeds with Guerrilla tactics, to zerging about steamrolling everything and everyone. JQ has weathered the storm. I’d suggest some of you SoSers find a way to adapt to this new incarnation of JQ, rather than whining on and on about how unfair it is. Noone feels sorry for SoS.

JQ hasn’t been in Tier 1 since launch. Id continue to discuss it, but your obviously trolling.

in WvW

crewthief.8649

JQ hasn’t been in Tier 1 since launch. Id continue to discuss it, but your obviously trolling.

Okay, sorry, discounting a week long stint in T2. Otherwise, yes, we have. And what in my post would lead you to believe i’m trolling? SoS wasn’t even on the Tier 1 map three months ago, and wouldn’t be if it hadn’t been for an influx of major guilds…oh wait, LOL. Pot meet kettle. I think there are just a whole lot of you people feeling sorry for yourselves and expecting us to entertain your pity party. Earn your place in T1 and compete, otherwise make way for someone else who can.

< JADE QUARRY >
Hands Off My Octopus

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

on top of that one of there busiest citys has been flooded, the other half of australia is on fire.

Meh, we’ve got at least another 2 months of cyclones and a reasonably large amount of the place burns down every summer. I just hate working in telco, it just means extra work fixing everything so people can play games and calling emergency services.
(As opposed to their usual routine of playing games, calling their drug dealers and ordering pizza.)

As an old telco monkey as well, I feel your pain.

-KNT- BG

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Because you directed

Okay, sorry, discounting a week long stint in T2. Otherwise, yes, we have. And what in my post would lead you to believe i’m trolling? I think there are just a whole lot of you people feeling sorry for yourselves and expecting us to entertain your pity party. Get over yourself dude.

Because your telling me stuff like “get over myself” etc. Your clearly a troll. You reacted to a post I made about why I am happy to be in SOS by trolling me and telling me im whining. I have no issue with SOS current position. I actually am happy with it. Stop being so mad. I have no issues. Go enjoy the game.

in WvW

crewthief.8649

Because you directed

Okay, sorry, discounting a week long stint in T2. Otherwise, yes, we have. And what in my post would lead you to believe i’m trolling? I think there are just a whole lot of you people feeling sorry for yourselves and expecting us to entertain your pity party. Get over yourself dude.

Because your telling me stuff like “get over myself” etc. Your clearly a troll. You reacted to a post I made about why I am happy to be in SOS by trolling me and telling me im whining. I have no issue with SOS current position. I actually am happy with it. Stop being so mad. I have no issues. Go enjoy the game.

I’m actually clearly posting my thoughts on the matter…far from trolling. Do you even know what it means? Or are you trolling me? Honestly, try a new insult. Your post was disparaging and an underhanded jab at JQ…stop being pedantic.

P.S. FYI, I edited that ‘get over yourself’ out of my post, just after you apparently quoted it, lol.

< JADE QUARRY >
Hands Off My Octopus

(edited by crewthief.8649)

in WvW

Posted by: blnylund.1829

blnylund.1829

Some footage I have from late saturday night when Blackgate was trying to hold SoS and JQ out of hills in SoS borderlands. It was some of the best fighting that I’ve been part of in a long time. I had over 40minutes of footage so it was a bit hard to cut down. Hopefully everyone enjoys.

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Because you directed

I’m actually clearly posting my thoughts on the matter…far from trolling. Do you even know what it means? Or are you trolling me? Honestly, try a new insult. Your post was disparaging and an underhanded jab at JQ…stop being pedantic.

Since there is no ignore fuction in the forums, Im just going to let you know Im not replying to any more of your posts I never intended to offend you, if thats any consilation. My intention was never to offend JQ. It was just to point out that I was happy that people were leaving to JQ because I don’t wan those type of bandwagon players in a stable server when their slots can be taken up by players who want to work towards developing the server.

in WvW

Bankzilla.2984

Okay, sorry, discounting a week long stint in T2. Otherwise, yes, we have. And what in my post would lead you to believe i’m trolling? SoS wasn’t even on the Tier 1 map three months ago, and wouldn’t be if it hadn’t been for an influx of major guilds…oh wait, LOL. Pot meet kettle. I think there are just a whole lot of you people feeling sorry for yourselves and expecting us to entertain your pity party. Earn your place in T1 and compete, otherwise make way for someone else who can.

I remember when JQ was in tier 3-4 with SoS and the people from SoS were moving to JQ because they had better coverage but they certainly weren’t a power house even at that level. So what ever lies you’re talking you must not of even been on JQ since the start of the game. At that time JQ had a stronger oceanic presence than SoS, what ever happened?

in WvW

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

Some footage I have from late saturday night when Blackgate was trying to hold SoS and JQ out of hills in SoS borderlands. It was some of the best fighting that I’ve been part of in a long time. I had over 40minutes of footage so it was a bit hard to cut down. Hopefully everyone enjoys.

You left out Jokers greatest tactical move of the night =(

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

in WvW

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

I remember when JQ was in tier 3-4 with SoS and the people from SoS were moving to JQ because they had better coverage but they certainly weren’t a power house even at that level. So what ever lies you’re talking you must not of even been on JQ since the start of the game. At that time JQ had a stronger oceanic presence than SoS, what ever happened?

I don’t think anyone ever said JQ was a power house. We just had the coverage to compete. Our coverage dropped as we spent time in Tier 1 I think every server that was in Tier 1 experienced that we just never fell as far as some did. That is attributed by our community not by anything else.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in WvW

crewthief.8649

When was JQ in T3-4 with SoS? You’ll have to go ahead and prove that, because that has never been the case. Unless you’re referring to the headstart period with 24 hour matches and initial seeding taking place. Jade Quarry has spent more time in Tier 1 than any other server in the game, that’s a fact…and one that makes JQ a powerhouse in GW2 WvW. And i’ve been on JQ since Headstart, hence the server pride.

< JADE QUARRY >
Hands Off My Octopus

(edited by crewthief.8649)

in WvW

Posted by: Selwynn.2758

Selwynn.2758

Here are some facts.

FACT: JQ has been in T1 consistently longer than any other server in North America. I believe its been T1 consistently longer than any server in the entire world, but I have to check that.

FACT: Since official game launch, JQ has been out of T1 only twice, and only for one week at a time.

These are things that I am proud of as a member of JQ. But our competitors also have things to be proud of. For example, I’m pretty sure SOS has held #1 position for more consecutive weeks than any other server, including us. I’m not positive on that, but I think so. So if that’s true, that is a very notable accomplishment that I salute.

For those upset about the significant amount of guilds that have chosen to make JQ their new home, I say: I understand your frustration. Some of you are worried that match-ups will become so lopsided that they are dull and uninteresting. Some of you are worried that it will impact morale on your own server. And some of you are just poor sports.

But I urge you to try not to be hypocritical. It’s ok to be frustrated, but its not ok to say ridiculous things. You and your server can and do actively recruit. You and your server welcome as many passionate, skilled world vs. world guilds and players as you can get. You have never and would never put an artificial limit on anyone interested in becoming a part of your community.

I understand you are frustrated, but the simple fact of the matter is: we all tried to recruit, we all courted many of the same guilds, and at the end of the day they chose JQ. They chose. And I’m proud of my server because, I know by their own statements on why they chose JQ that it is the quality of our community that won them over. I’m very proud of that.

I would prefer it if you were able to say, "I’m disapointed that we got beat in the recruiting race, and I’m worried that fights will become lopsided and not be as fun anymore. " That would be a very mature and reasonable thing to say. But crying “foul” and finger pointing because our community was more appealing and our recruiting efforts were more effective – that’s just sad.

Selene Swiftfire, Elementalist
Selwynn Swiftblade, Guardian
E m p ë r i u m [EMP] ~ J a d e Q u a r r y

in WvW

Posted by: Fatal.2815

Fatal.2815

I see a lot of anger in this thread. So sad..

Amazing Fatal | [VoTF]
http://www.votf-online.net
My mesmer video -http://tinyurl.com/pele5bm

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Shouldn’t change too much at the top, it’ll just shuffle everyone down on a more gentle slope, and (hopefully) prevent situations like current t2 and t4.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: electricblues.1059

electricblues.1059

Wow o wow owow

It’s like Anet reads my mind! Gj to them, the next few weeks will be ALOT of fun!

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

Wow… well, in all honesty I think a reset will probably benefit a lot of servers kind of stuck in a rut against their more ‘over achieving’ rivals in the lower tiers.

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

Anyone else feel like this when they’re running across the vast landscapes in the borderlands?

Attachments:

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: ReapersSolitude.1940

ReapersSolitude.1940

Being on SoS since i got the game at Launch We have been through A lot and I Haven’t really ever seen us talk the trash that i see JQ doing on a daily basis, on the forums here. I think the best part is you guys think your good. There are no tactics to how you play, all you have is a big zerg that just roll over people. But what was really amazing was for 6 hours we rolled Both servers that where attacking us on both sides and still held the castle with holes in the walls. We have amazing commanders that use skill and tactics Not brooding zerg. Also i don’t post much, but when it comes to 2 v 1, its happening the only reason why you say we are crying is because guess what you are in 1 and 2. hmmmmm just something to think about. Hmmmmm SoS held the top spot for how long?…………. I think it was 10 weeks straight, i could be off but hey it just goes to show that it took a stack server and getting 2 v 1 to take us down. Have a nice day.

ReapersSolitude -LVL 80 Guardian/Fate/Commander – SOS has been my home since day one.

in WvW

Posted by: Gospel.7630

Gospel.7630

Great battles. I’ve seen the best come out of JQ while in 3rd place. Proud to be a part of the team. I’m sure others feel the same about the folks they war along side with on thier servers daily. It’s what we bought the game for. Lets keep at it.

Peace,

Jade Quarry

in WvW

drwookie.6391

Being on SoS since i got the game at Launch We have been through A lot and I Haven’t really ever seen us talk the trash that i see JQ doing on a daily basis, on the forums here. I think the best part is you guys think your good. There are no tactics to how you play, all you have is a big zerg that just roll over people. But what was really amazing was for 6 hours we rolled Both servers that where attacking us on both sides and still held the castle with holes in the walls. We have amazing commanders that use skill and tactics Not brooding zerg. Also i don’t post much, but when it comes to 2 v 1, its happening the only reason why you say we are crying is because guess what you are in 1 and 2. hmmmmm just something to think about. Hmmmmm SoS held the top spot for how long?…………. I think it was 10 weeks straight, i could be off but hey it just goes to show that it took a stack server and getting 2 v 1 to take us down. Have a nice day.

I think point of view is really important in WvW.

To be honest when I am out on the field (I play mostly in Borderlands btw), it always just seems like SoS is using a large zerg mentality and that’s it. I would say I don’t ever really see significant strategy. On the other hand, since i’m in TS with my commanders and we are constantly talking it appears that my team is using strategy. Therefore from my point of view it is the “tactical JQ vs zerg SoS”. I realize though, from your point of view it probably seems like “tactical SoS vs zerg JQ”. It all just comes from perspective.

Also I don’t really see how we are talking so much more smack than anyone else? People from all 3 servers have talked their fair share of smack over the past weeks. Right now it just seems like we are mostly trying to defend ourselves from people being angry that a lot of guilds joined us. Say what you want, but I’m willing to bet that if the situation were reversed you would want to defend yourself as well. I highly doubt BG or SoS would have tried to stop more guilds from joining them, they would have welcomed them with open arms as we did. You can claim otherwise, but you can’t really prove it so it’s a moot point.

Also, don’t think that we are all just giddy about winning by a large margin. At least in the conversations I have in TS we (older original guilds) are having our fair share of complaining (politely to each other within the guild) about the queues. When the ticks become widely displaced we don’t enjoy it either. Yes +500 tick is somewhat fun to see (server pride and all that) but it also boring, on both sides. In the ideal world all servers would be perfectly balanced, I think we would all love that. But in the moment we all tried to recruit, and all 3 servers were trying to get as much as well could. Yes JQ ended up recruiting more, and that is clearly causing animosity. But the people who are upset I am fairly confident wouldnt’ be complaining if their server was the one who recruited more. THe situation would be perfectly flipped and we would be having the same discussion but just on opposite sides. If you want to claim otherwise go ahead, but since we can’t prove either way we have to go with human nature. Human nature would suggest any of the servers would be excited/happy to have recruited well, and would gladly defend themselves against people complaining about it.

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Anyone else feel like this when they’re running across the vast landscapes in the borderlands?

Every time until I’m running solo across the JQ/BG borderlands for the jumping puzzle. Then it feels like this:

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

I agree with gospel, we all have fought/played alongside some fine players. Many commanders have stayed up all night or round the clock to help their teams and some players actually respect their opponents skills and tenacity. Without opponents, there is really nothing for me in these games.

I am still out their fighting for SoS but to be honest, I am not happy that BG could be booted from Tier 1 in a week where they win silver. It seems Wrong.

I am sure that if BG drops, they will return shortly, they have been playing great.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

(edited by elkirin.8534)

in WvW

drwookie.6391

I agree with gospel, we all have fought/played alongside some fine players. Many commanders have stayed up all night or round the clock to help their teams and some players actually respect their opponents skills and tenacity. I enjoy the game.

I am still out their fighting for SoS but to be honest, I am not happy that BG could be booted from Tier 1 in a week where they win silver.

It seems wrong but I am sure that if BG drops, they will return shortly, they have been playing great.

In case you didn’t see, scores are being reset at the end of this week and starting fresh next week. So while they may start fresh in Tier 2, if they are truly one of the top 3 servers they should end up in the top tier again right afterwards since the scores will be all new.

in WvW

Posted by: Im Not Braxton.6283

Im Not Braxton.6283

Every time until I’m running solo across the JQ/BG borderlands for the jumping puzzle. Then it feels like this:

Funny. I always end up like this.

Attachments:

Braxton The Ele – Elementalist
Blackgate – [GoF]

in WvW

Posted by: Sacrx.6721

Sacrx.6721

Thanks to Jade Quarry for warm welcome to server last week for our stay. Had alot of fun on US. We can at least say we did it now. Was fun here is some footage in cyrils new video. Good luck to the US t1 guilds.

Red Guard – Ultimate Dominator World First 25/6/13
if carlsberg played Guardian.

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Funny. I always end up like this.

when I have to defend a keep against JQ its always like this

Attachments: