Jan 25-Feb 1 | SBI, TC, SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Akamon! Congratulations on your new baby! Getting any sleep? hehe.

You must be over the moon

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

Good or Bad, WvW starts again on Feb 1st. Its a brand new world, we’re all tier 1 till then! WAY TO GO GUYS!

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in WvW

Posted by: Indo.8629

Indo.8629

Good or Bad, WvW starts again on Feb 1st. Its a brand new world, we’re all tier 1 till then! WAY TO GO GUYS!

I agree, it’ll be a blast for everyone.

Both TC and SoR will get the challenge of SoS, JQ, BG and FA alternating for the next 1-2 months without the need for being in T1.

The more I think about it, the more I like it. You get all the T1 server fights without actually having to be in T1.

Gonna be some amazing fights, I can’t wait.

Tempest Wolves – The Sanctum
80k kills and counting

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

This is rather dumb on their part. We are 1 maybe or 2 weeks away from servers balancing themselves out. Instead, lets reset all the ratings and wait two months for the ratings to balance out.

in WvW

Indo.8629

This is rather dumb on their part. We are 1 maybe or 2 weeks away from servers balancing themselves out. Instead, lets reset all the ratings and wait two months for the ratings to balance out.

Look on the bright side, JQ, SoS, BG, SoR, TC, FA are all going to be seeing each other non-stop for the next 2 months.

Everyone is just looking for good fights so it’ll be fantastic fights without the need to get to T1 to get those fights. Instant gratification.

80k kills and counting

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

Look on the bright side, JQ, SoS, BG, SoR, TC, FA are all going to be seeing each other non-stop for the next 2 months.

Everyone is just looking for good fights so it’ll be fantastic fights without the need to get to T1 to get those fights. Instant gratification.

Let’s hope it works out that way.

in WvW

Indo.8629

Let’s hope it works out that way.

The only server missing is kaineng because they are in a skewed matchup which is repeating, they are going straight to T1 #1. But those other 5 servers will only see each other for the foreseeable future in one form or another. Either 2 at a time or 1 at a time. And all 5 of those servers only want good competitive fights so it’s really what everyone is wanting anyways.

In a sense, those 5 servers will be in their own rotating tier until things balance out over the next couple of months.

80k kills and counting

in WvW

Posted by: Alodar.5794

Alodar.5794

TSL is still enjoying this matchup. We’re fighting against much larger groups but having a great time.

Hope SoR stays in this tier another week.

Madember – Level 80 Elementalist
Madamber – Level 80 Guardian
Guild Leader of TSL (www.shadowlegion.net)

in WvW

Indo.8629

TSL is still enjoying this matchup. We’re fighting against much larger groups but having a great time.

Hope SoR stays in this tier another week.

You will probably see us again after next matchup or the week after that. Either way, with the reset we will see each other again, maybe even multiple times because the rating gains will be small compared to now.

80k kills and counting

in WvW

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

Good luck getting to T1 guys!

in WvW

Indo.8629

Good luck getting to T1 again.

Most servers want to get to T1 to fight the best opponents. With the reset, we don’t have to “get and stay” in T1. T1 is coming to us.

Quite frankly T1 is coming to TC too, you guys will get your competitive fights as well. Probably 2-3 months of it if they go by 1 week matches instead of 24 hour matches. Sunspots was quite accurate when she said everyone is in the same bracket now.

80k kills and counting

(edited by Indo.8629)

in WvW

Shrouded.6450

And im pretty sure all the effort we made was worth it!

in WvW

Indo.8629

And im pretty sure all the effort we made was worth it!

I definitely agree with you.

80k kills and counting

in WvW

Shrouded.6450

Quite an epic conclusion I must say.

in WvW

Posted by: Absinth.6917

Absinth.6917

The only thing that bothers me about the reset is the fact that we ALL will be in for some very boring matches for a bit. I play to have fun and fighting slightly outnumbered and/or against all odds is so much more enjoyable than having to look for a fight. I live for, and occasionally die in, target rich environments.

As far as tier 1 is concerned I only aspired to get there for the battles – for the challenge of it and the fun to be had. This is a game after all and we all play to have fun, right?

I wish both TC and SBI the very best and I hope that your future experiences in the game, in whatever tier, grant you all of the enjoyable experiences that you crave. Truly.

When it is all said and done we are all gamers. This is the one thing we all have in common. We all play to have fun. And I will continue enjoying my time playing no matter where I end up. I pray that you all do the same.

Potential For An Esport [NONE]

Haiku FTW

in WvW

Indo.8629

Quite an epic conclusion I must say.

The journey is just as epic as the destination tbh. I wouldn’t trade the last 3 months for anything.

Cool thing is, since they are resetting it, no server can say they went from #17 to #2. Every T1 server thus far started at #10 or above.

SoR gets to lock this one into the history books. We’ve climbed the most ranks to get to where we are, I’m very very proud of our server.

80k kills and counting

(edited by Indo.8629)

in WvW

Shrouded.6450

Yep, that’s quite a journey, you should be proud.

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Won’t SoR get one week in T1?

edit: Or was that this week that they used to “win points” so they could bump Blackgate out lika BAWS?

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

in WvW

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

:DDD thanks so much!! super ecstatic here. thinking of starting a character based off of him and show him 18 years down the road lol

“this is what i thought of you son”. will let you folk know if little Zac ever graces the battlground or borderlands ; ))

what is sleep? ha, kidding aside, he’s quite well-behaved. only thing, he seems to have inherited his Dad’s night-owl-ness

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

akamon.2769

the reset will be quite interesting i must say. definitely was not expecting that. the top tiers at least seemed to be setting in place. but like many have said, there will be fierce battles to be had in the coming times.

i guess only time will tell and hope this works out best for gw2 as a whole. WvW really is the most fun i’ve had with any game for a looong time to come. i’m not a PvP fan but i’m excited to jump into WvW. hope this really plays out to be something even greater.

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

:DDD thanks so much!! super ecstatic here. thinking of starting a character based off of him and show him 18 years down the road lol

“this is what i thought of you son”. will let you folk know if little Zac ever graces the battlground or borderlands ; ))

what is sleep? ha, kidding aside, he’s quite well-behaved. only thing, he seems to have inherited his Dad’s night-owl-ness

Not sure how I’d feel about that if I was you, as people would be killing my kid. A digital proxy sure, but I mean, that seems a little bit like something I’d not want to happen.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Yerffejy.6538

Yerffejy.6538

Woops!

You were a little late SoR. We took our garrison back. Let the record show we had garrison.

SBI has officially won this week.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

Woops!

You were a little late SoR. We took our garrison back. Let the record show we had garrison.

SBI has officially won this week.

That lasted real long…
=P

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Yerffejy.6538

For added glory!

Attachments:

in WvW

Yerffejy.6538

All I hear is our victories cheers. Anything else is unimportant.

in WvW

Shaojack.3871

For added glory!

Photoshopped =P
I’m staring at the garrison right now and it’s definitely green.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Yerffejy.6538

Slanderous Liessss! Don’t be sad that like 8 of us took the keep from you. That sort of terrible mistake could happen to anyone!!! You shouldn;t look at those pics in shame and sadness. Not at all.

P.S. I would quote you in my replies, but the button is no where to be found.

in WvW

Shaojack.3871

Slanderous Liessss! Don’t be sad that like 8 of us took the keep from you. That sort of terrible mistake could happen to anyone!!! You shouldn;t look at those pics in shame and sadness. Not at all.

ha ha, ya nice pull, I was the guardian that ran in 2 seconds to late trying to hold the circle =P

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Furienify.5738

Furienify.5738

Why did you interrupt the RP Walk Parade ;_;

Attachments:

in WvW

akamon.2769

Not sure how I’d feel about that if I was you, as people would be killing my kid. A digital proxy sure, but I mean, that seems a little bit like something I’d not want to happen.

:OOO
i’ll just have to not die then, eh? ; ))

okay, you’ve changed my mind. XDD

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

Let’s give a little perspective on the situation.

A few months ago back when I was on CD, we were fighting TC. We were beating them by a lot, so we camped them. We put up tents, got out the marshmallows, strapped our food into containers and hung them from the trees (because bears are kitten) and we sang kitten ba yah outside of their spawn for a few days.

A few weeks later TC came back and this time the tables were turned, and within a few days they were the ones lighting the fires, breaking out the smores and I’m pretty sure that I saw atleast one camper wearing a forever lazy, which goes against all camper etiquette (shame on you).

Now TC is getting camped by SoR, and the forum warriors are out en masse because they have nothing better to do.

I was not a part of that, as I was not WvWing at that time. I do not condone spawn camping regardless of the circumstances.

I would like to applaud SBI for actually successfully besieging one of SoR’s fortified towers in their core EB territory. I don’t know how long they held it, but I was glad to see them take the offensive to SoR. I’ve been somewhat frustrated by the mostly turtle-shelling defensive game that TC has done. It tends to be predictable for SoR.

I definitely feel as if the commanders and guilds of TC are improving through our perserverence.

I thought you guys were out for good fights? You’re not going to get that in a low tier. Unless you just want blowout fights like you were getting in T3.

We’re out for competitively-even fights that make for fun fights. We’ll belong where we are meant to belong.

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Minus.3478

Minus.3478

Everywhere you turn a 40+ man SoR zerg to stomp the 5-10 TC/SBI groups lol. Yeah this is a whole lotta no fun. Cya next week.

in WvW

Yerffejy.6538

ha ha, ya nice pull, I was the guardian that ran in 2 seconds to late trying to hold the circle =P

No way!!!! I helped kill youuuuuu! hahaha
We were chasing you to the gate, and after we killed you someone was like “Check for mesmers!” and that’s when I noticed you guys had already made it to the gates.

in WvW

Posted by: Kiltor.9362

Kiltor.9362

Everywhere you turn a 40+ man SoR zerg to stomp the 5-10 TC/SBI groups lol. Yeah this is a whole lotta no fun. Cya next week.

i myself know how this feels fighting months on oceanic time against BG. As long as your inner core of your server stays strong you guys will be doing well in no time. its just our time this go around and its yours aswell in the latter. good fights though none the less.

Kiltor – [Retribution] –

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

we wanted another week to farm siege and get ready for T1.

Thank you for being honest. Apperently you either didn’t get the memo where it was ordered to deny all this and say straight-faced ‘we did not gamed the ranking, it is all a coincidence, really’ or you got the memo and decided to be honest anyways!

Anyway, you got your extra week in T2, I hope you enjoy it!

I certainly enjoyed defending Dawn against twice as many of you for hours. Despite the treb in garrison ponding on our poor wall, SOR didn’t get the tower, hehe.

Ofcourse, we didn’t get Garrison either, so I guess it’s not good enough for us, but soit, you take what you can get in life!

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

(edited by Tallis.5607)

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

the reset will be quite interesting i must say. definitely was not expecting that. the top tiers at least seemed to be setting in place

Alot depends on the new ranking system: Anet wants servers to move up and down faster, so we don’t always play against the same people.

There were other ways to do that (like 48h matches or having tiers with 6 servers and pick 3 randomly) but they decided to change the ranking system. We’ll see how it turns out for everyone.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: Forsaken.2167

Forsaken.2167

Won’t SoR get one week in T1?
edit: Or was that this week that they used to “win points” so they could bump Blackgate out lika BAWS?

Ouch that hurts. Don’t worry SoR as long as you guys can hang on to your population for a couple more months you will be right back up there competing for the top spot in Tier 1 again. You guys are such a great server and almost claimed the #1 spot without ever playing a match in T1, well done champs. If only you had another week…

Moderators make the best Trolls.

in WvW

Posted by: Nodrey.3948

Nodrey.3948

All this talk of respect between servers, peace, love….I don’t know what these guys are talking about. I go into WvW, and I HATE SOR. I don’t think to myself “Gee, I hope I get a good and challenging match today” I think “What damage has SOR done today that I must attempt to staunch”. I LOATHE the SOR. there is not pity in my heart, no more room for niceness, no more “enjoyment”.

SOR complaining that TC has only been getting stomped for a couple weeks. I’ve been here for a good bit now, I remember Blackgate. The only problem was, from the get go, I knew there was no shot with Blackgate. Suddenly, out of thin air, SOR goes from a worthy, challenging opponent to “ROLD ZERG STOMP FEST” in every borderland. That so many people (Traitors) jumped to join SOR is even more hilarious. Yes, I call them traitors. Weak willed, weak hearted TRAITORS. I secretly pray, to whatever Internet Gods may/may not be listening "Internet Gods, Let me smite a server transfer today. Before they bask in the “Glory” of taking our keep, let me just dunk on one of them". There is no “respect” or “camaraderie” to be had with a server filled with weak willed traitors. There is only death, and much dunking to be had.

I remember waking up to a sea of Green one morning and telling myself “Surely, TC will be resisting with every fiber of it’s soul” and instead, a TEA PARTY on a friggen bridge. That is when I knew, right then and there, I could not count on the Fiber of TC to resist. I put away my Support spec gear, and donned the mask of Glass Cannon, shaking my head as I watch the rest of my brethren in TC try to push their way out of spawn. I hope, in my wanderings, those SOR I dunked on happened to be server transfer traitors.

Weak willed TC Brethren: You do not fight when you are only winning. That does not matter. This is WvW. You fight to fight, to bring death to the SOR. The only thing I am glad for, is that the Internet Gods have blessed us with a great abundance of SOR bodies to choose from! I’ve gained more honor badges fighting now then ever. Is our keep taken? ROAM! poke supply camps. poke sentry’s. Poke wandering SOR scum scurrying back to their “Glorious” horde. Camp vistas and POI. Give them NOTHING. But most of all, fill your hearts with hate. Hate your enemy, and you will continue to fight them, no matter the outcome. Loathe your enemy, because you know in your heart that they are filled with server transfers who jumped ship.

Inwitt. 80 warrior. Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Kerithlan.1659

I remember waking up to a sea of Green one morning and telling myself “Surely, TC will be resisting with every fiber of it’s soul” and instead, a TEA PARTY on a friggen bridge. That is when I knew, right then and there, I could not count on the Fiber of TC to resist. I put away my Support spec gear, and donned the mask of Glass Cannon, shaking my head as I watch the rest of my brethren in TC try to push their way out of spawn. I hope, in my wanderings, those SOR I dunked on happened to be server transfer traitors.

Weak willed TC Brethren: You do not fight when you are only winning. That does not matter. This is WvW. You fight to fight, to bring death to the SOR. The only thing I am glad for, is that the Internet Gods have blessed us with a great abundance of SOR bodies to choose from! I’ve gained more honor badges fighting now then ever. Is our keep taken? ROAM! poke supply camps. poke sentry’s. Poke wandering SOR scum scurrying back to their “Glorious” horde. Camp vistas and POI. Give them NOTHING. But most of all, fill your hearts with hate. Hate your enemy, and you will continue to fight them, no matter the outcome. Loathe your enemy, because you know in your heart that they are filled with server transfers who jumped ship.

I’ll have you know that we tried grabbing some people to take camps and get rolling before settling in with our fireworks and fancy cakes. It was more fun and more productive to have a picnic — it broke up the spawn camping at the very least.

Besides, complaining about TC holding a picnic is to lack a basic understanding of the server.

in WvW

Shrouded.6450

…and our parades, dont forget our parades.

in WvW

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

Long wall of post mixed with random CAPS text.

I started off writing another long wall of post but here’s my response in short:

/facepalm

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

in WvW

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

Besides, complaining about TC holding a picnic is to lack a basic understanding of the server.

I could kiss you for this! Thanks!!!
/salute

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

in WvW

Kerithlan.1659

I could kiss you for this! Thanks!!!
/salute

I accept your gracious offer.

in WvW

Posted by: Nodrey.3948

Nodrey.3948

Are you really, really attempting to sell me that having a picnic with the enemy is sound tactics? This is why we cant have victories, or at least more SOR dunking.

And I feel I understand the server quite well. If you wish to RP, RP your hearts out. this is WvW. There is a time for picnics, and there is a time to resist.

Inwitt. 80 warrior. Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Kerithlan.1659

Are you really, really attempting to sell me that having a picnic with the enemy is sound tactics? This is why we cant have victories, or at least more SOR dunking.

And I feel I understand the server quite well. If you wish to RP, RP your hearts out. this is WvW. There is a time for picnics, and there is a time to resist.

You really do not understand Tarnished Coast at all.

I never said that having a picnic was tactical (even in the slightest). I said it was an effective way to end spawn camping and have fun — two things that needed to happen. Capturing camps wasn’t working, we needed to have fun; ergo, picnic.

We can’t have victories because we’re not sitting fat and sassy at the top of Tier 3 and one of our opponents is currently sitting fat and sassy at the top of Tier 2, not because of picnics. Give me a break. I’ll see you for the Dolyak parade on Thursday — bring some fireworks and tonics.

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Picnics and Doly-Pride-Parades every dam day of the week!

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

Dont forget the cookies.

Remember the poison too :P

Meega Kweesta

in WvW

Posted by: Vodka.3958

Vodka.3958

If Blackgate were to ever go against SoR, I’m sure the outcome would be as it was when we were in T2 against them for 11 weeks. Especially since SoR is not the only server that got new transfers
To my friends in TC, hang in there… You’ll be placed in your appropriate tier after Blackgate finishes steam-rolling next week.

Commander [ICoa] Hollywood Fiend
Primal Emperor of Imperial Coalition
imperialcoalition.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: TheDevilWithinU.7092

TheDevilWithinU.7092

Had a very fun fight a Longview on SBI BL. 7 of us vs. 20 or so SBI. Props to my guys for picking so many of them off.

| Maguuma | [KEK] | GvG Relic & Historian |
Notorious Nevermore – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

All this talk of respect between servers, peace, love….I don’t know what these guys are talking about. I go into WvW, and I HATE SOR. I don’t think to myself “Gee, I hope I get a good and challenging match today” I think “What damage has SOR done today that I must attempt to staunch”. I LOATHE the SOR. there is not pity in my heart, no more room for niceness, no more “enjoyment”.

SOR complaining that TC has only been getting stomped for a couple weeks. I’ve been here for a good bit now, I remember Blackgate. The only problem was, from the get go, I knew there was no shot with Blackgate. Suddenly, out of thin air, SOR goes from a worthy, challenging opponent to “ROLD ZERG STOMP FEST” in every borderland. That so many people (Traitors) jumped to join SOR is even more hilarious. Yes, I call them traitors. Weak willed, weak hearted TRAITORS. I secretly pray, to whatever Internet Gods may/may not be listening "Internet Gods, Let me smite a server transfer today. Before they bask in the “Glory” of taking our keep, let me just dunk on one of them". There is no “respect” or “camaraderie” to be had with a server filled with weak willed traitors. There is only death, and much dunking to be had.

I think I might frame this and put it on my wall. Tips Hat