Jaxx looking for a new WvW home, thoughts?

in WvW

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

Salutations folks! after a 6 month hiatus ive decided to come back and have some wvw fun. But it seems that my beloved Dark Haven has pooped the sheets. Im looking to move to a server that has a nice core wvw following. Im not looking to hop onto the top tier bandwagon. I was thinking of E.Bay or similar. I know lots of DH folks have moved to several different servers but im not sure which one has the most of us.

Anyhow Im an experienced wvw’er and would love to make a move to a fresh server, and guild. So some ideas on where to move would be wonderful, thanks!

Jaxx.

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

How many gems are you willing to part with?

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: hmsgoddess.3869

hmsgoddess.3869

Should for sure check out some EU servers.

~ Emma Vine Sixty Nine Shades Of [NUDE] – Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

in WvW

hyjaxxx.1584

mmm no EU servers for me. Im PST so i would end up on their grave shift. Ill stick with the NA’s and to be honest price isnt an issue. but i dont have an urge to jump onto a bandwagon server. I just want a nice mid range server with a strong wvw base.

jaxx

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Come to Tarnished Coast. We got less ranger hate then many other servers ive seen or heard of. Not to mention i run one myself.
We also got organized havoc groups running around your timezone. There is always fights to be had, 24/7, and most of the time, the game only lags during SMC blobfests. And when the blobbing gets rough, you can just chill out in EotM or OS for some great duels.

Sure, moving to T1 NA will not be cheap, but i can guarantee you that you will not be disappointed.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: DaMikenatr.7041

DaMikenatr.7041

Greetings Jaxx,

A lot of the core portion of my guild, including me, made the switch over to GoM during Season 1 and we’ve never looked back. We have a really stable WvW community that is very welcoming. We’d also be able to reminisce about the good ol’ days on DH if you came over. Feel free to hit me up in-game if you’d like!

Tsyborg – human guardian – commander
Vicious Instinct [VI]

in WvW

hyjaxxx.1584

I probably wouldnt be interested in moving to a t1 server. it just feels like “faking the funk” to me. In regards to ranger hate, that kinda stuff doesnt bother me. Im pretty good at my class and ive yet to have a complaint. so Ill take it as it comes hehe.

Gates..might be a possibility. when i started playing it was DH/GoM/HoD so that might be fun.

again. Im looking for a server that has a wvw mindset and a nice core of wvw guilds. keep the ideas coming!

Jaxx

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Mysteriax.6049

Mysteriax.6049

Yea, Gate of Madness is an awesome server, with a great community. WvW is fun, and we work as a team.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/This-is-the-Gate-of-Madness
Check this out! GL Jaxx!

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Straegen.2938

IoJ and SBI are both solid non-bandwagon servers with a good chance of finishing in the top three of Silver League.

If you want a bit lower HoD seems to be a hot transfer server with free admission. SF looks strong if you want tickets from season 2.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: souless.1935

souless.1935

Come to ehmry, be a part of the rebuilding. It’s a real warriors server…best in class are bread on it.

Ehmry Bay! Commander – Onyxguard
GW1/GW2 Beta player

in WvW

Posted by: Jeff.5139

Jeff.5139

Depends what kinda action you want;
Lots of Blobs and some mid size fights go T1 (JQ, BG,TC), ERP (TC)
Mid size fights and some blobbing T2 (SOS, MAG, FA, DB – one is gonna be in tier 3) , Some Mid size fights and smaller engagements Tier 3 and below

All else fails pick a server then push: http://www.indra.com/cgi-bin/spikes-8-ball

in WvW

Posted by: Rhalas.4167

Rhalas.4167

HOD is the place to be man.

[WAR]- HOD
Lord Rhalas: Commander

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

You could stay with us and try to help us rebuild…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

Take a look at all of the Devonas Rest world recruitment threads. Also look at devonasrest.org DR has a well coordinated and friendly WvW community. We have worked hard to pull from 24 to 20 and are still fighting steadily to climb. You want to make a impact and roll with set of guilds that are in the fight every day and night then come to DR.

BRL Black Rose Legion on DR is a WvW focused guild and the server as a whole is about fighting to win. Yes coverage has an impact but we play to win when we are in game.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/Black-Rose-Legion-BRL-on-Devonas-Rest/first#post3748078

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/HoD-Guild-on-Devona-s-Rest-is-Recruiting/first#post3742182

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/Devona-s-Rest-Climbing-and-Expanding/first#post3742050

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/Devonas-Rest-and-kYrO-guild-by-Dark-Jean/first#post3746235

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

in WvW

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

SBI would be a good fit, and if you’re interested we could easily help you host a Ranger training class. Also, I believe Xsorus is still on SBI. If that’s the case, we’d have (at least) two of the top Rangers in the game. I know a lot would be saying “big deal!” to that, but we do have people who play Ranger a lot, so there’s no reason to not inspire/help them get the most of out their profession.

Speaking in terms of the state of SBI, we seem stable and solid with the guilds and players we have now, at least for the most part. Our atmosphere is mostly relaxed and drama free. We continue to generate interest and occasional transfers in. Would love to have you join us.

(edited by slingblade.1437)

in WvW

Posted by: hmsgoddess.3869

hmsgoddess.3869

mmm no EU servers for me. Im PST so i would end up on their grave shift. Ill stick with the NA’s…..
jaxx

Then you truly haven’t researched EU servers. True some servers do lack total time coverage but far less than NA servers. Overall EU servers are more balanced and have better coverage for all time zones than NA. In addition, they have a far less point spread then the NA servers making them far more competitive with each other. This also allows for better match-ups. (this can be proven by looking at any 24hour time period on http://mos.millenium.org/eu/matchups/ score evolution)
NA servers tend to stack time zones, and pick bandwagon servers to migrate to. EU servers actually talk with one another here in the forums telling each other which of them need more coverage. They even make posts about their prime being full. *some examples:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/EU-Server-transfers-and-overview/first#post3789475
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/Gandara-EU-Primetime-is-FULL/first#post3785398

I understand you wanting to stay on NA but I just wanted to clear up misconceptions people in NA tend to have about EU.

~ Emma Vine Sixty Nine Shades Of [NUDE] – Crystal Desert

in WvW

hyjaxxx.1584

Well Slingblade, thanks for the kind words! I try hard to play to the best of my ability and help the community the best I can. In regards to SBI its one of the servers i was looking at. so far ive been thinking Gates,HoD,Ebay,SBI but im not sure yet.

im going to make my mind up before reset today so i dont get hammered on the wait time when i xfer.

also anyone else with ideas let me know! im excited to make some new friends and some new wet spots on the borderlands grass.hehe

Thanks Again folks.

Jaxx

(EDIT TO HMS) you are correct , what i said was an assumption. Also im curious if the servers are in the same location as the NA servers, or do they have an over seas cluster for you folks? if they do latency might be an issue for me. anyhow thanks for the information!

Whoajaxx the Ranger

(edited by hyjaxxx.1584)

in WvW

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

I’ve always found SBI to be pretty decent for roaming around, mainly cause we’re not T1

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

SBI pwns Teq every day like nothing. Err… oh wvw. Well you’ll have no shortage of fights this upcoming season.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

im excited to make some new friends and some new wet spots on the borderlands grass.hehe

Attachments:

in WvW

hyjaxxx.1584

well ive made the move to HoD to give it a while. So any Hengies looking for a dedicated wvwer let me know and we can make the magic happen..or some such…

Jaxx

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Perfect picture… absolutely perfect.

well ive made the move to HoD to give it a while.

Time to change your footer!

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]