Jumping puzzle griefers

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: Keroro.8401

Keroro.8401

Okay so today I was doing the JP in EB; and as everyone knows there pretty much an unspoken rule that you don’t attack other realm people doing the same JP as you are trying to get to the same goal.

Well apparently a bunch of jerks from Gate of Madness wanted to camp the dome top right before the chest, killing every who didn’t attack them but right before they jumped to the platform off the dome.

I like WvW but when you have a bunch of griefers taunting you right at the end of grabbing the final prize anet needs to allow us someway to report these people. It’s pretty petty and frustrating that these people have nothing better to do but to be jerks.

/end rant.

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

“and as everyone knows there pretty much an unspoken rule that you don’t attack other”
Please get out of the WvW section.

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Stop the duplicate QQ threads please.

Don’t enter a PvP zone if you don’t want to PvP, there are plenty of PvE zones out there for you to play in. Don’t come into OUR zone and tell us that we need to accommodate your play style.

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

This unspoken rule may be between care bear players that just want to use the JP for the chest at the end. Honestly some of the best small group fights I’v ever been in are in the JP. I personally don’t do the JP much anymore but if I were to, I would fight my way to the end.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: Leviathan.8029

Leviathan.8029

There isn’t an unspoken rule like that..

This JP is in this zone for a reason you know. All the fighting in between makes it an actual challenge (as the JP is really, really easy) and fun.
Fighting your way to the top is way more rewarding than allowing enemy players to just walk next to you and give each other a high five at the top.

Whenever I see a JQ/BG or whatever server they are from, they get a nice Guardian Hammer 4 Skill to their face and I go on with my business. I expect the same from them

Tiffin [IRON] Gunnar’s Hold
Elementalist / Guardian

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

You’re in a PvP zone.

There is no unspoken rule about not attacking in a PvP zone.

You’re in a PvP zone.

If someone is there spoiling for a fight, they are in a PvP zone for such purposes. You either have to defeat that player or leave the PvP zone.

It is a PvP zone after all. What did you expect? My little ponies happiness and love? Let’s all sing and dance in the flowers.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

So basically……no one agrees with you, you need to L2PvP, and too bad if you want a legendary….and I agree with all of that lol.

P.S. It’s pretty petty of you to complain about PvP in a PvP zone FYI.

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

as everyone knows there pretty much an unspoken rule that you don’t attack other realm people doing the same JP as you are trying to get to the same goal.

when did this “rule” come into affect? i have NEVER seen a situation like that, sure you get the odd player that wont fight and if they dont fight me, i wont normally fight back. That changes if i have been killed in the puzzle once, as soon as that happens its cloves off and i will attack pretty much anyone.

Moaning because of PvP in a PvP map is kinda sad, its not as if the rewards are anything that amazing or game changing anyway. You are in PvP (aka Player Vs Player) the name kinda indicates what you should expect, if you dont like it – stick to PvE

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

I’m so proud of those guys from GoM. Well done.

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

and as everyone knows there pretty much an unspoken rule that you don’t attack other realm people doing the same JP as you are trying to get to the same goal.

I’ve never been informed of this rule. You are the enemy, expect no quarter to be given to the weary, no mercy shown to the defeated, and no pity shown to the weak, and you shall not be disappointed.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: Tobbygnome.6793

Tobbygnome.6793

Yes it does suck, but it’s like fun coz it’s a game, SBI were doing the same to us on SOS in the arena room, so we ganged up with CD to wipe them out, from then on we didn’t let a single SBI get past the dark room. All this for a silly kite ay? :P haha

We just assumed they were doing it because that’s the only way they would ever get loot bags this week. ^^

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

The community needs an option to vote to revoke some poster’s forum privileges.

If you post a JP tears thread, we’re going to vote you off the island.

http://youtu.be/5_INKVxG4UI?t=25s

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Okay so today I was doing the JP in EB; and as everyone knows there pretty much an unspoken rule that you don’t attack other realm people doing the same JP as you are trying to get to the same goal.

Well apparently a bunch of jerks from Gate of Madness wanted to camp the dome top right before the chest, killing every who didn’t attack them but right before they jumped to the platform off the dome.

I like WvW but when you have a bunch of griefers taunting you right at the end of grabbing the final prize anet needs to allow us someway to report these people. It’s pretty petty and frustrating that these people have nothing better to do but to be jerks.

/end rant.

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

/end rant.

The rule might be unspoken since there isn’t a rule, so no one knows to talk about it…How is killing people in a WvW environment griefing? Even if they do emotes at you, while it’s kind of a jerk thing to do, it’s not really griefing

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

“and as everyone knows there pretty much an unspoken rule that you don’t attack other”
Please get out of the WvW section.

This… is simply beautiful and true.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

This keeps coming up (2 threads in first page) every time Anet put some achievement in WvW (a PvP zone?). Why don’t you just go buy the invulnerability backpiece off the NPC in SM (EB BL)?

He’s on the same floor as the Armour Repair guy (could be wrong since I’m a WvW player not a PVEer), and he sells you the ‘White Flag’ backpiece for 5 gold and 100 BoH. You become immune to player damage in the OS. There ya go – happy hunting..

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: lunoh.1963

lunoh.1963

never gave so much +1 in a thread EVAR!

though i don’t attack other in jp, in first place as i want to go to the chest as fast as possible.. but if i get attacked myself .. well insert “Taken” phone speech here

(edited by lunoh.1963)

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

At times, there IS an unspoken truce. These tend to be temporary, but they happen. However, they also cannot be enforced, AND a great many skills that CAN help in the puzzle can also become accidental attacks, leading to a colossal misunderstanding. (Never use a Warrior’s Leap when an enemy player is in range; it will redirect because a target is in range. Torch skills in the dark room can also inflict damage.)

However, not everyone who fights in the OS is griefing. The reward chest at the end gives siege blueprints, for free, two per customer per day. It is NOT unreasonable to assume that they do not want you to get free siege plans that can be used against them in the future.

As long as the puzzle awards plans – or Badges, which can be traded for plans – then players have every right to stop each other from getting them.

That said, two things:

The insistence on putting Living World things in the Obsidian Sanctum is getting to be a problem. It’s mixing large amounts of PvPers and PvEers in the same map. Further, it can be a problem if a server is denied access due to not having their keep. (Not the case for my server, but one of the ones I’m paired with has been pushed OFF THE MAP by the other server with us.)

And second, what happened to YOU, TC? Getting nailed just as you were leaving the dome? That is totally griefing. Not all OS PvP is griefing, but dang, that’s too obvious not to be. They’re doing it for kicks.

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: Renxian.6982

Renxian.6982

It is absolutely intended that you can fight people in the JP. The fact that so many people are piling into the map to get the achievement is good for any and all of you who are capable of laying the smack down on them, and, if they manage to fight back is hopefully going to encourage some of them to stick around and play WvW. If you don’t want to get killed by other players, don’t play WvW. Plain and simple. The achievement isn’t required for getting the meta-achievement on purpose.

Working as intended.

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: shagworth.5017

shagworth.5017

kitten off. Seriously, kitten off.

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

Unspoken rule? Jerks?.. oh you mean those enemy players,
the ones you’ve been fighting all week?
Its still a pvp map and I’m sure they thrive on your tears.

/end rant.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: Farron.4071

Farron.4071

Below is my mesmer.
I am on gates of madness.

If you see this mesmer it will attack you, and kill you. If you sit down or don’t attack, thank you for your sacrificial death.

Sometimes I don’t attack and let people past, other times I will focus pull you off a cliff.

Attachments:

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Griefing-WvW-JPs/page/2#post2386708

It is absolutely intended that you can fight people in the JP. The fact that so many people are piling into the map to get the achievement is good for any and all of you who are capable of laying the smack down on them, and, if they manage to fight back is hopefully going to encourage some of them to stick around and play WvW. If you don’t want to get killed by other players, don’t play WvW. Plain and simple. The achievement isn’t required for getting the meta-achievement on purpose.

The griefing lord has spoken. Let his word become law, and let all scrubs get owned.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: Pewintodo.4138

Pewintodo.4138

However, not everyone who fights in the OS is griefing. The reward chest at the end gives siege blueprints, for free, two per customer per day. It is NOT unreasonable to assume that they do not want you to get free siege plans that can be used against them in the future.

As long as the puzzle awards plans – or Badges, which can be traded for plans – then players have every right to stop each other from getting them.

That would be true if those groups were also camping the other JP’s in each border at the same time which also give free siege. Devons idea that some people will experience this and stick around after is probably flawed since only one of the WvWvW teams will be dominating that spot at any time so 2/3rds of these visiting PvE’ers are unlikely to return – especially if they never get the kite acheivement.

The thing that drew me in to WvW was the free entry from anywhere and exit portal to lions arch. One day I decided to stick around to see what was going on and luckily there were a few good guilds about and I started to learn WvW and began to enjoy it. As Devon says, this kite is not essential but I doubt it will encourage PvE players to come back to WvW when this event ends. I think this is a shame especially on servers with low pop or low WvW take-up. Now that siege has also been made tradable they will just sell those things and go back to PvE and you can’t really say that camping OS is denying blueprints which are so cheap on the TP, especially when there are so many WvW players complaining about how much more gold PvE’ers can earn compared to them in the same amount of time.

I’m fine with the devs putting things like this where they choose as they have built up a game to be proud of and you can’t blame them for wanting us to appreciate all of the content they have developed. After all this time and 11 lvl 80 toons there are still things that I haven’t really spent much time on (keg-brawl & pollymock etc). I even found myself doing my first ever fractal last night so this stuff works as an incentive. I do think that if the intention was to draw more players into regular WvW there are better ways (e.g. a kite in each BL JP with only one needed to count towards the award).

For what it’s worth, my server had the whole of EB last night and the enemy were referred to as “free loot” on several occasions. They outnumbered us but included groups of lowbies and low rankers so I really hope they do get the achievement at some point. If they do, they will know they have totally earned it.

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

@Pewintodo there are a few reasons EBs JP is unique from the borderlands. Firstly, EB is known as the common place for casuals to go. The borderlands are less friendly and you have to travel into areas the enemy usually are and the JPs themselves are a bit more time consuming / difficult. EB you can just WP to your keep from spawn and enter EBs JP in safety, unlike the BL’s.

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: Pewintodo.4138

Pewintodo.4138

Actually I’m from Vabbi and I’ve never yet been able to WP to our keep on EB. My point was that each side have their own JP and if each had a kite with only one of them needed for the achievement it would have been better for the PvE’ers. The people currently being accused of griefing would need to split their numbers between all three JP’s while at the moment they only need to camp OS. Even Vabbi could get enough people together to wipe out 1/3 of which ever high-pop server decided to try to control our BL puzzle.

I also don’t beleive that the OS JP is easier than the BL JP’s which are a doddle. As I said, the fact that mobs are not camping these and the availability of cheap siege on the trading post just proves that being in OS to prevent the other sides getting siege is a load of tosh. The only reason to stay there is to prevent this influx of PvE’ers from getting the achievement which is a bit harsh on the lowbies and low rankers imho. Many of them may not even be aware that friday is WvW reset night and it could be a lot easier afterwards.

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

:) if Anet wanted people to not attack each other why would they have put the JP in a WvW zone?

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: Renxian.6982

Renxian.6982

Actually I’m from Vabbi and I’ve never yet been able to WP to our keep on EB. My point was that each side have their own JP and if each had a kite with only one of them needed for the achievement it would have been better for the PvE’ers. The people currently being accused of griefing would need to split their numbers between all three JP’s while at the moment they only need to camp OS. Even Vabbi could get enough people together to wipe out 1/3 of which ever high-pop server decided to try to control our BL puzzle.

I also don’t beleive that the OS JP is easier than the BL JP’s which are a doddle. As I said, the fact that mobs are not camping these and the availability of cheap siege on the trading post just proves that being in OS to prevent the other sides getting siege is a load of tosh. The only reason to stay there is to prevent this influx of PvE’ers from getting the achievement which is a bit harsh on the lowbies and low rankers imho. Many of them may not even be aware that friday is WvW reset night and it could be a lot easier afterwards.

The wvw puzzle kite is not necessary to completion. They do not NEED to enter wvw. They CHOOSE to enter wvw. If you (PVEers not you specifically) choose to enter a pvp zone you should do so with the understanding that other people will kill you. If you die, respawn and fight back or leave, but you have no right to cry about it.

OS is not a placec of unicorns and rainbows its a freaking pvp zone. Enter it with the expectation that someone will in fact try to kill you.

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

If I’m in the right mood I’ll be in the JP trolling people ;D It’s called PvP, remember?

Melder – Thief

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

my bad :C i might be responsible for your QQ, ive been camping in OS with my thief for 5 days straight, i let very little people past xD (fOW thief)

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

my bad :C i might be responsible for your QQ, ive been camping in OS with my thief for 5 days straight, i let very little people past xD

I’ll make sure to bring my Asura.

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

RedCobra.7693

my bad :C i might be responsible for your QQ, ive been camping in OS with my thief for 5 days straight, i let very little people past xD

I’ll make sure to bring my Asura.

TSOC guild move out, we have an asura to find xD

Jumping puzzle griefers

in WvW

RedCobra.7693

this is going to sound really evil of me but the OS is a great place to train, mainly due to the reason that they literally fight to their last breath :P you get plenty of outnumbered fights and lots of environment to train with as well, too many people overlook it as just a JP