Jumping puzzle in eternal battlegrounds.

in WvW

Posted by: DuckieGirlie.8972

DuckieGirlie.8972

I’m not sure where this would be correctly posted but I was told here, so here’s my question, why give us mystic fountains when we can’t pick up a torch with it on? ~ 3 people in my party doing jump puzzle, 10 invaders, all camping at the start of it. I finally did the puzzle in the dark, (after dying 2 times because of people camping) and the stealth runs off as I’m in the round room, make it up to the top, on my way to the next fountain and guess what, invaders camping the door way with aoe so I can’t leave the room so I died. I’m not a “bad” player, but strength in numbers, why make fighting in the jump puzzle? there are GUILDS that camp the puzzle so only those invaders can get it, and that’s not fair. you can’t expect 20 people from a single guild to go do a puzzle just so one member can get the chest. ~Why do I want the chest? because I need badges of honor and I don’t really like doing WvW/killing people, I’m a PvE person, not PvP, why not make it fair for us PvE’ers to get jumping puzzles?

in WvW

Posted by: AncientAstronaut.7602

AncientAstronaut.7602

I agree with you and just left a post about this very thing, being attacked while trying to complete these jumping puzzles is just plain dumb. It really makes me want to throw my expensive pc out the window. Its dumb that there are hoards of people guarding the jumping puzzle areas so they are the only ones allowed to get the badges of honor and no one else…
Someone really needs to update this aspect of the game, and not those other meaningless updates like the one in cursed shore with temple of Greneth the shades new gravity move that picks you up and kills you in 1 shot…

I would rather much of liked them to look into the jumping puzzle thing, cause the mobs of players hoarding and protecting the puzzle zone for their sole use is just dumb….THESE jumping puzzle zones within the PVP zone should be made non-PVP…..

in WvW

Posted by: Sylosi.6503

Sylosi.6503

Surely what is dumb is expecting people not to PvP in a PvP zone…

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

THESE jumping puzzle zones within the PVP zone should be made non-PVP…..

Pay attention on the key words, and rethink your comment.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

so you’re saying you dont want to pvp to get badges of honor.

the game isn’t designed to work like that, play another game if you dont like it.

in WvW

Posted by: Galsia.4102

Galsia.4102

…I’m a PvE person…

Well then, surely someone who proclaims themselves a PvE enthusiast must have a Mad Memoires: Complete Edition, no?

Thief | Warrior | Engineer
Galsia | Jäshin | Çyndelle
[KK] – Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: thewaterguy.4796

thewaterguy.4796

Look just SHUT UP about this BS that its “PvP” area yes the jumping puzzles are in a Pvp area but why is it fair that servers that dominate can sit their and camp them?
Its absolutely ridiculous

it may be funny to the campers but to people that DON’T have 8 hours a night to spend farming on WvW its incredibly frustrating to get halfway through then get gangbanged by a bunch of campers…

I get that its a PvP zone but their should be a way to make people invulnerable to attacks while in the jumping puzzles so people don’t constantly get camped!
Sorry for rant but I’m tired of seeing people making the same old tired argument of “its a PvP area” their should be an alternate way to complete the puzzles without fear of getting ripped to shreds,

P.S. great job Anet on removing the ability to place siege weapons in jumping puzzles!

To people that disagree, go ahead and disagree with me but please keep it clean and try to look at it from a perspective of a person that is getting killed constantly

in WvW

Posted by: Sethryno.4651

Sethryno.4651

Anet have stated that getting a legendary wep will always be a show of how the player knows all aspects of the game, PvP is part of this game, using the JP in any PvP map is an easy way to get the badges for this, however expect PvP inside the JP. This is not going to change.

in WvW

Posted by: Causic.3798

Causic.3798

This is why I don’t play CoD
Campers everywhere :/
But honestly they are not going anywhere so I don’t recommend you doing them on your own. Do them when you have a group (even though, since they are the ones camping they have more control. Its definitely terrible design in itself to have pvp in there).

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

~Why do I want the chest? because I need badges of honor and I don’t really like doing WvW/killing people, I’m a PvE person, not PvP, why not make it fair for us PvE’ers to get jumping puzzles?

PvP players don’t want PvE in their WvW either, but PvE tears are so delicious thus there’s JP camping.

-KNT- BG

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

Why?

Get some friends and go kill the people camping the puzzle.

Problem solved.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

~Why do I want the chest? because I need badges of honor and I don’t really like doing WvW/killing people, I’m a PvE person, not PvP, why not make it fair for us PvE’ers to get jumping puzzles?

PvP players don’t want PvE in their WvW either, but PvE tears are so delicious thus there’s JP camping.

If you want PvE tears, go do AC exp

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: AncientAstronaut.7602

AncientAstronaut.7602

Because they sit there camping that area all day in large groups, making it impossible for other people to do the puzzles..if your blind to that then you need to get your eyes checked and buy some prescription glasses or contact lenses…

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

These kind of posts make me want to camp JP more. :]

You’re my inspiration, motivation and purpose of my life.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

in WvW

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I’d like to see a mystic fountain just before the dark room. There’s a nice place for it on the lower level. Players would still need to jump the pillars after using it, but they would have a better chance of making the next one before it wears off.

Another place to put one would be in the lower level of the dark room.

As for the torch issue, there is an easy way around it. However, it’s not available to all players.

in WvW

thewaterguy.4796

Why?

Problem solved.

and if you want to play by yourself?

in WvW

thewaterguy.4796

These kind of posts make me want to camp JP more. :]

You’re my inspiration, motivation and purpose of my life.

why do you think its funny to kill players on the jumping puzzle?
I really don’t understand whats so funny about it…
It’s people like you that make me sick
since you seem to think its HILARIOUS when you kitten someone off

in WvW

thewaterguy.4796

Anet have stated that getting a legendary wep will always be a show of how the player knows all aspects of the game, PvP is part of this game, using the JP in any PvP map is an easy way to get the badges for this, however expect PvP inside the JP. This is not going to change.

Anet needs to make a way to give people a fighting chance
I don’t have a problem with doing PvP
but it takes SOO long to farm 500 badges of honor that the JP’s are best,
but then people camp them just because they think its HILARIOUS to see other players rage
I don’t understand whats so funny…
For this reason the next expansion that comes out Im not buying it until something is done…

and for the record I don’t camp JP’s and leave people alone if they are enemies

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

Why?

Problem solved.

Learn to die with dignity?

What do you want me to say? The puzzles are located in WvWvW maps. These maps are setup for groups of players to kill other groups of players. If you want to run around by yourself in them, be prepared to be killed by groups of players.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

thewaterguy.4796

Why?

Problem solved.

Learn to die with dignity?

What do you want me to say? The puzzles are located in WvWvW maps. These maps are setup for groups of players to kill other groups of players. If you want to run around by yourself in them, be prepared to be killed by groups of players.

Look I have no problem with people that kill other people in large groups
my problem is with people that kill people on the JP JUST because they think its hilarious
its not fun and all it does is fuel trolls
it takes a very sick person to get enjoyment out of making other people P’d off

in WvW

thewaterguy.4796

Also think of the exploits?
Even if you got a large group you would still get massacred due to the design of the puzzles, the campers could just open fire from above and massacre the group with ease

in WvW

wads.5730

Even if you got a large group you would still get massacred due to the design of the puzzles, the campers could just open fire from above and massacre the group with ease

maybe if that large group was bad at pvp, they would get massacred. otherwise its very possible to kill campers, even outnumbered.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Puppychow.2563

Puppychow.2563

maybe if that large group was bad at pvp, they would get massacred. otherwise its very possible to kill campers, even outnumbered.

This exactly. So many people complain about JP camping and me and my guildies run into these all the time. I can’t tell you how many times 4 of us have killed a group of 10 scrubs camping the top of the well, or the top of the arena because we can pvp decently. JP camping has never been an issue for us because we almost never have a problem fighting our way through to the chest.

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Aww poor baby PVErs crying because they aren’t getting more updates in WVW when us primary or only WVW players have got next to NOTHING since release. Grow a kitten pair and deal with it, and as some said keep these posts coming it makes us want to kill you so much more

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: CorvusRex.8349

CorvusRex.8349

This is necessary for world completion, correct? Anything necessary for world completion should be obtainable by anyone without having to involve themselves in PvP. People who like PvP can still have PvP, myself being one of them, but people who just want to finish their jumping puzzle should be able to just finish their jumping puzzle.

Borlis Pass. Corvus Rex.

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

If you cannot kill someone for your badges, you do not deserve any badges.

They should just remove badges from the jumping puzzle chest.

I already have to do way more PvE for my legendary than you have to WvW for yours. I have no sympathy for you.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

wads.5730

This is necessary for world completion, correct? Anything necessary for world completion should be obtainable by anyone without having to involve themselves in PvP. People who like PvP can still have PvP, myself being one of them, but people who just want to finish their jumping puzzle should be able to just finish their jumping puzzle.

no, its not required for world completion.

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Jumping puzzle is not necessary for anything.

Badges are.

I don’t think I should have to involve myself in PvE for my legendary.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Posted by: Talissa Chan.7208

Talissa Chan.7208

to the OP, Sadly anet just don’t give a rats. The only feedback you’ll get here is the campers going “haha”. its the classic 11yr old “i’ve got 15 other idiots cause i can’t kill you solo”. Anets doing their very best to market the game to exactly that mentality. They started with the “play it your way” and got all the cash from the casual players who thought awesome! then added fractals for the WoW refugees and now thats their target audience “come grind for gear and make other players kitten!” If you want the badges the only options to join a zerg and roll around or just do what most of us seem to be doing and just walk away from the game.

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Yea us PVPers are the children because we kill people who want the easy way outa everything and have to be spoon fed it or they cry! You got us!

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: Eastevil.1534

Eastevil.1534

If you want the badges the only options to join a zerg and roll around or just do what most of us seem to be doing and just walk away from the game.

Actually you get more badges if you run in small groups. Nice try though.

in WvW

Talissa Chan.7208

Small group getting badges = playing pvp. If you have no interest in pvp and you’re a solo pve player – thats what the puzzle was originally added for. A way for pve folk to get badges without playing the part of the game they despise. Much like the pvp guys despise pve and as anet said – you can do/get everything in wvw that you can in pve so you can play the way you want!. If you despise pve and HAVE to do it? you hate it, its a waste of time and you’re not enjoying it. Same with a pve fan who’s trapped into doing pvp, he’s just eating up a space a proper pvp player could take, that team just got a player who doesn’t care about placing siege, taking keeps or giving info in map chat. He ‘s there to do the puzzle and get out as fast as possible. So next time your mate is stuck in que while you’re kitten off waiting for him – think “Thanks Anet! those 30 guys kittening about the campers in the jumping puzzle stopped my mate and half my kitten guild getting in, good freaking idea”

in WvW

wads.5730

Small group getting badges = playing pvp. If you have no interest in pvp and you’re a solo pve player – thats what the puzzle was originally added for. A way for pve folk to get badges without playing the part of the game they despise. Much like the pvp guys despise pve and as anet said – you can do/get everything in wvw that you can in pve so you can play the way you want!. If you despise pve and HAVE to do it? you hate it, its a waste of time and you’re not enjoying it. Same with a pve fan who’s trapped into doing pvp, he’s just eating up a space a proper pvp player could take, that team just got a player who doesn’t care about placing siege, taking keeps or giving info in map chat. He ‘s there to do the puzzle and get out as fast as possible. So next time your mate is stuck in que while you’re kitten off waiting for him – think “Thanks Anet! those 30 guys kittening about the campers in the jumping puzzle stopped my mate and half my kitten guild getting in, good freaking idea”

no, the puzzle wasn’t put in so pve players can get badges without having to pvp. arena net has never said this, and they never will.

you MUST pvp to get a legendary, period. its that way by design.

in WvW

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

I hope you all get chance to play Magunna when wads camps JP.

in WvW

Talissa Chan.7208

Cool, enjoy your queue time, now 40 players per server i hear. Won’t you have a blast. Puzzle serves 0 purpose to WvW players its only of interest to PvE folk.

in WvW

wads.5730

Cool, enjoy your queue time, now 40 players per server i hear. Won’t you have a blast. Puzzle serves 0 purpose to WvW players its only of interest to PvE folk.

dunno about you, but i gave one of our commanders over 300 siege blueprints last week.

without having to spend anything.

in WvW

Posted by: Undermine.5391

Undermine.5391

To the person posting… You do not need torches to traverse the dark room. You can also do it completely by stealth.

Mad King backpack give off the same illumination as torches. This light is applied while in or out of mystic fountain stealth. You can make it to the top of the puzzle from the 5 minute stealth acquired by the fountain at the bottom of the well.

Often, I will take the stealth on my mesmer, get to the top of the puzzle, use Illusionary wave to knock the people at the top off and then jump down with portal to bring my allies to the top. It takes very little effort to make it to the top of the puzzle in 5 minutes.

As for those that QQ about PvP in a PvP/PvE zone… That is why people kill you in the jump puzzle. You allow them to be better than you by allowing them to have power over you.

in WvW

Posted by: Gobi.7508

Gobi.7508

Look just SHUT UP about this BS that its “PvP” area yes the jumping puzzles are in a Pvp area but why is it fair that servers that dominate can sit their and camp them?
Its absolutely ridiculous

it may be funny to the campers but to people that DON’T have 8 hours a night to spend farming on WvW its incredibly frustrating to get halfway through then get gangbanged by a bunch of campers…

I get that its a PvP zone but their should be a way to make people invulnerable to attacks while in the jumping puzzles so people don’t constantly get camped!
Sorry for rant but I’m tired of seeing people making the same old tired argument of “its a PvP area” their should be an alternate way to complete the puzzles without fear of getting ripped to shreds,

P.S. great job Anet on removing the ability to place siege weapons in jumping puzzles!

To people that disagree, go ahead and disagree with me but please keep it clean and try to look at it from a perspective of a person that is getting killed constantly

I feel your pain… Here some cookies n milk. Forget about JP.. This isn’t place for you to be at this time.. Come back later…Not trolling. I’m serious..

Oh yes.. I almost forgot…ROFLAWLOLOLOLOLHAHA

-BeeGee

(edited by Gobi.7508)

in WvW

Posted by: Churchill.8714

Churchill.8714

I’ll agree to this when I can finish World completion in WvW and not have to PVE.

Mine will be easier, as will the rewards, but whatever. AC P3 is impossible guys, why can’t I finish the jumping puzzle(((

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I feel your pain… Here some cookies n milk. Forget about JP.. This isn’t place for you to be at this time.. Come back later…Not trolling. I’m serious..

Oh yes.. I almost forgot…ROFLAWLOLOLOLOLHAHA

I would like to add to your laughter a HUEHUEHUEHUE.

in WvW

Posted by: DuckieGirlie.8972

DuckieGirlie.8972

To the person posting… You do not need torches to traverse the dark room. You can also do it completely by stealth.

Mad King backpack give off the same illumination as torches. This light is applied while in or out of mystic fountain stealth. You can make it to the top of the puzzle from the 5 minute stealth acquired by the fountain at the bottom of the well.

Often, I will take the stealth on my mesmer, get to the top of the puzzle, use Illusionary wave to knock the people at the top off and then jump down with portal to bring my allies to the top. It takes very little effort to make it to the top of the puzzle in 5 minutes.

As for those that QQ about PvP in a PvP/PvE zone… That is why people kill you in the jump puzzle. You allow them to be better than you by allowing them to have power over you.

Well, that would work perfectly fine if I wasn’t at Renaissance fair during halloween.

in WvW

Posted by: stereoblind.4736

stereoblind.4736

I’ve said this before in another jumping puzzle thread and my logic comes from someone who doesn’t do jumping puzzles but if there’s 10 people camping a jumping puzzle that’s 10 people not defending a tower. Go take stuff!

in WvW

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

Because they sit there camping that area all day in large groups, making it impossible for other people to do the puzzles..if your blind to that then you need to get your eyes checked and buy some prescription glasses or contact lenses…

This is how it is suppose to work. In theory they are preventing you from getting siege and taking that to take one of the towers/keeps.

in WvW

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

Another JP thread? Alright copy paste time:

JP in WvW maps are not a right it’s a privilege that comes with fighting for it. Anyone in WvW is free to fight anywhere with any weapon available as long as not using exploit. Fair is not in WvW dictionary. You have to fight for camps, you have to fight for towers, you have to fight for keeps, you have to fight for castle and you also have to fight for JPs if you desire it. And those who desire badges for legendary only and don’t care about pvp, legendary is for people who have done all aspects of the game not only pve.

To be honest, this kind of thread made me sad. Why PVEer want everything as a right when they are even enjoying the server bonuses freely that your home WvWer fight hard for?

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

(edited by sazaw.1347)

in WvW

Moddo.7105

Small group of 5 can take camps easy. Hell solo if right build you can easy. And each camp Claimer can give 2 badges. Alot of times you will only be PvEing and if another player does come just die and rez back. only cost you 1sp and killing couple sentry/Yaks will net you this back.

in WvW

Posted by: stereoblind.4736

stereoblind.4736

Another JP theread? Aright copy paste time:

JP in WvW maps are not a right it’s a privilege that comes with fighting for it. Anyone in WvW is free to fight anywhere with any weapon available as long as not using exploit. Fair is not in WvW dictionary. You have to fight for camps, you have to fight for towers, you have to fight for keeps, you have to fight for castle and you also have to fight for JPs if you desire it. And those who desire badges for legendary only and don’t care about pvp, legendary is for people who have done all aspects of the game not only pve.

To be honest, this kind of tread made me sad. Why PVEer want everything as a right when they are even enjoying the server bonuses freely that your home WvWer fight hard for?

Because they’ve never had to learn their class in the other side of the game that involves killing people so they expect everything to drop like mobs, or so I’ve noticed. Normally the same people that complain about thieves and mesmers after spending their first hour or so in PvP.

in WvW

Moddo.7105

Another JP thread? Alright copy paste time:

To be honest, this kind of thread made me sad. Why PVEer want everything as a right when they are even enjoying the server bonuses freely that your home WvWer fight hard for?

So True and also for fact that WvWers are ones who spend dam money keeping the um Keep(no pun intended) safe. If we lose keep the JP is gone for us.

in WvW

Moddo.7105

Another JP theread? Aright copy paste time:

To be honest, this kind of tread made me sad. Why PVEer want everything as a right when they are even enjoying the server bonuses freely that your home WvWer fight hard for?

Because they’ve never had to learn their class in the other side of the game that involves killing people so they expect everything to drop like mobs, or so I’ve noticed. Normally the same people that complain about thieves and mesmers after spending their first hour or so in PvP.

Yea but if it was not for these people we would not have the 1000s of “highlight” videos of people owning in WvW that are on youtube.

in WvW

Posted by: Father Busho.2796

Father Busho.2796

There will always be a side of players that will encourage EB-JP wars2 and not. Thus, there will always be an argument between these 2 sides.

My opinion is, JP is in the middle of a PvP zone, so it is OK for PvP to take place within the PvP (/insert Xzibit Yo Dawg meme). While it does get frustating to not be able to get your chest, this is all intended (they haven’t put those chokepoints and traps just to collect dust have they?). You are encouraged to form a party of players and to ‘siege’ JP and push them out of it. If you wish to easily get Badges of Honor without any marginal effort, do the BL JPs instead, which are usually less camped.

However, I am strongly against argumenting your statements with ‘they are needed for legendary weapon so I want to farm them like in PvE’. Sorry, not gonna happen. Instead of posting these threads (btw, there are loads of threads JUST like this one every week) and provoking the opposing side, instead try to find other solutions?
I believe I haven’t seen a single thread suggesting that Anet would add another stealth fountain near, let’s say’ the dark room. That would help alot of players wouldn’t it? Or maybe suggest less BoH being reuqired for the legendary?

Anyways, this is just my opinion on the matter, I by no means wish to provoke any argument with anyone.

Band Of Royal Daggers [BORD]
Aurora Glade
ALL IS VAIN :(

in WvW

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

It would be so nice if they just removed the badges from the JP chest .

Then people that actually want to help their server, the ones that actually want to work towards a legendary by being productive in WvW and learn every aspect of the game, will get a legendary.
Those kind of people deserve to have them.

And it would kill all the QQ about JP campers.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg