Kaineng / Ferguson / Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: omnislash.7106

omnislash.7106

It feels like tier 8 is going through a massie revolution… so much has just changed within 2 weeks it boggles my mind… wtf just happened to tier 8

Ktyz [CNB]
Cmdr
-Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: lcc.9374

lcc.9374

@Chaster
“Oh, just another fun convo I had with someone on the battle field the other day
SomeNewPlayer: Hey, I’m new, what is the best guild in Kaineng?
Me: There are no best guild in Kaineng.
SomeNewPlayer: Not even Kain? KR? SoS? CNB?
Me: Nope, because everyone is equally great.
SomeNewPlayer: But I mean what is the main force for Kaineng?
Me: Everyone that have spend even just one second in WvW is part of the main force.
SomeNewPlayer: Eh, how about what good guild in WvW?
Me: Every guild that are willing to sacrifice their time and effort in WvW, is a good guild.
Me: FOR KAINENG!
And that, is what WvW is all about. Every bit counts. So if you have stepped in WvW in just one second, you should feel proud, even if you did nothing. "

That was touching . /Cries

tries to see if i can put it in my sig

just need to shorten it while not losing out on the feeling …. hmmm

(edited by lcc.9374)

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Amazing. Just amazing.

As some of you may already know, Tier 8 is under an ENORMOUS spotlight at the moment… there are a lot of people giving the “lil’server that could” a second look.

Kaineng used to be server that could eat a bowl of carpet tacks, and then with bleeding gums, thank you kindly for the iron supplement. Now you are bickering like toddlers that can’t decide who’s “it” — <boggle>!

If this kind of backstabbing and cannibalism is happening in the GW2 forums, what must it be like on the Kaineng server website? Do you engage in this level of fratricide in your server VOIP or do you reserve the self-loathing bitterness for here?

There might have been a time when you could frolic about showing the neighbors your sibling’s dirty underwear. But, you’re not that cute little runt of the litter anymore.

Sort out your growing pains.

If it helps, I make a fine target for your misdirected resentments. But kitten get your kitten together and be the change you want to see… you are after all, about to be a winner. Start acting like a winner. You’re likely to begin winning a lot…

What’s the score?

Thanks for the smack in the face, I think you woke me up.

Chaster, I understand where you’re coming from. Your tactics and decisions work really well. They may not sit well with me, but you guys sure are effective. Here’s to hoping that effectiveness continues forever. :-)

I’m sorry I was criticizing, and it wasn’t my place. Maybe me and my bloody gums don’t know how to handle success. LOL

Score: 275k Kaineng / 125k FC / 82k ET.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

Hope Kain is ready next week when me and Lukian dominate 3 maps at once.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

To the poster above me, Kaineng was not here since day one. Three more servers were added a few days into release.

I am fully aware of that, thank you. And don’t you think that when I mean since Day one means the day that Kaineng lanuched?

“To learn is what I need, to teach those who needs to learn is my duty …”
Chaster the Scarred – Leader of [SoS] Guilds
Server: Kaineng | Recruitment Status: Open

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowkx.2738

Shadowkx.2738

I’ll just put it this way… Chaster is on my short list of commanders I will follow when he is on the map. I play NA prime time mostly so I only see him on weekends. He knows what he is doing and picks high value targets to attack. He has a good plan of attack and is not so ego driven that he will not adjust if the situation changes. In our tier to actually win the match you you are better off not spending hours ramming your zerg into the enemy zerg. Attack where you enemy is weak, defend where you are strong. There is a reason why his PvE guild follows him so willingly in WvW. I don’t know why other Kaineng player have a problem with him or SoS.

Mesvot – War
Mestov- Thief

in WvW

I’ll just put it this way… Chaster is on my short list of commanders I will follow when he is on the map. I play NA prime time mostly so I only see him on weekends. He knows what he is doing and picks high value targets to attack. He has a good plan of attack and is not so ego driven that he will not adjust if the situation changes. In our tier to actually win the match you you are better off not spending hours ramming your zerg into the enemy zerg. Attack where you enemy is weak, defend where you are strong. There is a reason why his PvE guild follows him so willingly in WvW. I don’t know why other Kaineng player have a problem with him or SoS.

Thanks for the compliment, appreciated it

Oh, just to share one of my very simple anti-SM tactic when we fought DR.

1. build sieges and start wracking things down with a zerg OPPOSITE of where you want to strike.
For example, I’d lead off an attack from Ferg’s side to SM

2. Get as much attention as possible
Watch the other side start building massive siege to counter this zerg

3. If possible, leave a hole or two.
Like, crack open wall/gate

4. Invite the other side to take your fruition
Draw FC players to notice the opened holes

5. Withdraw
Yes, run away, flee, escape, teleport back to waypoint, get the hell out of there, etc.

6. Wait for a bit, go cap all the supply points to SM, and see the two side’s action.
Either FC is going to take advantage of that (Hey, free hole is free hole)
Or DR is going to spend supplies to fix it (Aka depleting supplies)

7. Start your REAL attack.

And with this, you should rather easily knock down the inner gate and march your army in.

Because regardless the decision above makes, it puts DR at greater disadvantage, because either they have to fend more incoming from FC, or have to waste precious supplies to repair.

And we all know, no supply = it’s just a matter of time before the battle is lost.

By striking from the planned location last ensures that you have made the enemy wasted alot of supplies on building useless sieges at the fake attack spot, as most of their siege cannot turn around to cover fire from the place where you really want to start the fight, and also due to low supply count from building too much siege and repairing damage, you can rest assure that the REAL attack would seem like so much easier.

Plus, it’s a zerg, it draws attention much easier, as it also puts the enemy at delimma, either lose it now, or hold it just so that they might hold it for just a bit longer and hope for turn of event.

Once you break through the inner gate … leave a backup plan. I’ll leave this riddle for you guys to figure out

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Chaster is awesome, he petted me the other day when I was a jackalope. The mark of a great commander. I don’t see the other commanders petting jackalopes.

Seriousness: K, you all would sorely miss SoS’s presence on the map if they weren’t here anymore. They deserve more than dogging on their players’ skills or Chaster’s tactics. Don’t push them away by being butts.

Fergie, I am so sorry that happened to you. Hang in there. My guild had the sads last night for you. Just remember server population is cyclical, you’ll get more people eventually.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in WvW

Chaster is awesome, he petted me the other day when I was a jackalope. The mark of a great commander. I don’t see the other commanders petting jackalopes.

Just tell me this, who does NOT pat a jackalopes? or Quaggen? or even just a rabbit? xD

in WvW

Posted by: Ashuri.1387

Ashuri.1387

@Chaster
“Oh, just another fun convo I had with someone on the battle field the other day
SomeNewPlayer: Hey, I’m new, what is the best guild in Kaineng?
Me: There are no best guild in Kaineng.
SomeNewPlayer: Not even Kain? KR? SoS? CNB?
Me: Nope, because everyone is equally great.
SomeNewPlayer: But I mean what is the main force for Kaineng?
Me: Everyone that have spend even just one second in WvW is part of the main force.
SomeNewPlayer: Eh, how about what good guild in WvW?
Me: Every guild that are willing to sacrifice their time and effort in WvW, is a good guild.
Me: FOR KAINENG!
And that, is what WvW is all about. Every bit counts. So if you have stepped in WvW in just one second, you should feel proud, even if you did nothing. "

That was touching . /Cries

tries to see if i can put it in my sig

just need to shorten it while not losing out on the feeling …. hmmm

HAHAHA I love this!

Kaineng [CNB] Commander/Guild Leader <3
Nyx Petalouda – Mesmer
Let’s play nice kittens<3

in WvW

Posted by: Skarloc.2569

Skarloc.2569

Envy I’m sad your leaving..you guys have some really good PvPers. It was always fun running into you guys. I don’t think you guys should leave FC just because its hard right now, but who am I to say not to. Hopefully you’ll reconsider.

There seems to be a common misconception on why Envy is leaving, so let me help clear this up.

You all seem to think we are leaving because things are bad now, and that this has become “hard” for us. If you really believe this, you clearly haven’t been paying attention. We have 14 total members, 2 of which are completely inactive at the moment. Of the remaining 12, we’ll be lucky to have 5-6 on at a given time, and that’s not even a guarantee that we’ll all be out in WvW together. So I’m either solo, with 1-2 other members, or on a GOOD night, a full group. For those counting at home, it means that Envy is outnumbered more than 9 times out of 10 when we set out for WvW. Buddy, “hard” mode is the only thing we’ve ever known, and we’ve done quite well at it.

Now I’m not asking for your sympathies, or for you to even understand our reasoning for why we play the way we do. There is a place for all types of players in WvW, and this game, like most others, caters to the zerg. We know that and accept it as fact, and we still go out in small numbers because fighting against those odds is one of the few things that makes this game fun. Being able to take out much larger numbers with such a small group is fun for us, and knowing that we do it without the help of a zerg makes it even sweeter. With DR leaving and the “true” Tier-8 servers falling down, FC actually has a numbers advantage now. ET is massively outnumbered and it’s not fun fighting against them that way. If leaving because fighting fewer people is “hard”, then you might be right. You have to realize, most of us came to FC when they were at their absolute rock bottom. We originally came to this server because things were bad for this server, but it’s no longer the case now. While things are not stellar for FC, they’re still probably a Tier-7 server, and they’re obviously much better off than ET.

The challenge for us has simply diminished, as of late. We have a number of close friends who have already transferred and it would be nice to be able to play with them again. Again, I’m not asking you to understand our play style, just letting you know that the general consensus for why we are leaving, and why we stayed in the first place, is dead wrong. Asuri, I hate to single you out for this comment, but there seems to be a large group of people who share this sentiment, so your comment just happened to be rather handy.

Anyways, take care, and who knows if we’ll see you guys again or not. Ehmry Bay is certainly not permanent, we’re just trying to find a server with more balanced competition.

[PAXA] Skarllok – 80 Mesmer/ Skarrlloc – 80 Guardian
[FUN] [FUN II] [Jonathan Taylor Thomas] – DAoC, WoW, WAR

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

Just tell me this, who does NOT pat a jackalopes? or Quaggen? or even just a rabbit? xD

Does roasting them over a fire and eating them count as patting?

Also…No fair, Chaster, stop hogging the Spotlight. -.- Lionightus is totally the coolest Commander in Kaineng. DR had issues with Fergie defenses in their home BL, so that Lion guy took both Fergie Keeps with about 12 people within 20 minutes.(Tried to do it a second time but sadly the 2nd group was distracted by Supply Camps and a PUG ruining the plan. But we still took one of the Keeps!)

As a note, the people vocal on the Forums are ALL the minority in WvW in general and Kaineng in particular. “Kaineng” isn’t being a jerk to Chaster, like 2-3 people were being judgmental. So please stop saying “Kaineng so mean to Chaster!” and such, it implies far more than what’s actually happening.

in WvW

Skarloc.2569

So anyhow NP and ENVY by all means leave i can’t stop you and no one on FC can stop you. I will go down with the same ship a started on. I am the same in real life that I am in the game when it comes to stuff like that. I am not a coward I don’t care if you are 6’10" 300 pounds I will still fight. I might not win but I don’t run like a coward.

Exactly what loyalty does Envy owe to FC? What exactly has this server done for us that we have not been able to repay? Yeah, I thought so.

Like everyone else here, I used real currency to purchase this game and play the classes I want to play, on the servers I choose to play on and with the people I choose to play with. I can promise you that the server I’m playing on is about the last thing I care about when it comes to the fun I’m having in this game. That sentiment could have been different, but it’s not my fault that ArenaNet chose the transfer option that they have. While good in theory, it causes imbalance, and that imbalance is why we are leaving.

You say that FC is a sinking ship? Buddy, this game is a sinking ship, FC just happens to have one foot already in the water. Do you even realize that most of us transferred here from higher tiered servers for the simple fact of wanting to be the underdog? Do you even realize that FC is in much better shape than in previous weeks, and that it actually has a much higher WvW population than ET and some of the other falling servers? The real reason we’re leaving is that FC is about to be on the other side of population imbalance, and this time for the better. I’m sorry, but we’re no longer the underpopulated server, that already goes to ET, and HoD is probably worse. None of us want to stick around and beat up on the small kid, that’s just not fun for us. Guess what, turns out having fun is our main priority in this game. Server sentiment is nice and all, but my time is valuable, and if I’m going to spend it playing a video game, you can bet I’m going to try and have fun doing it.

You should really step back and look at what you posted. I’m sure you’re a normal guy in real life, but you come off as a bit of a psycho in regards to your feelings about people leaving. Bro, this is an f’ing video game, you really should try to find a balance between what’s real and what’s not. If you are as bothered about this as you say you are, I honestly feel bad for you. I’m going to enjoy this game for as long as I can before it becomes obsolete, which will happen sooner than later, and if transferring helps with that, you can bet that I won’t think twice about it.

Oh, and if a 6’1" 300 lb. guy is trying to fight you, you probably should run. Coward or not, you just sound like an idiot wanting to fight that guy. Have fun cleaning up your teeth.

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Does roasting them over a fire and eating them count as patting?

remind me not to run by you when i’m jackaloping around :*(

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

^ or the jackalope can just pull the BOMB out and then Storm would be the one running.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

(edited by Draygo.9473)

in WvW

Draygo.9473

Do you even realize that FC is in much better shape than in previous weeks, and that it actually has a much higher WvW population than ET and some of the other falling servers? The real reason we’re leaving is that FC is about to be on the other side of population imbalance, and this time for the better.

Thing is, i went to FBL borderland last night… it was a bit late but there wasnt any real resistance. About 6-7 fergie showed up to defend against 15-25 Kaineng. Without NP or ENVY floating around its a huge coverage issue right now. A few days ago I did the same attack and NP and ENVY plus a few others were there and they fought us and made it real hard to even take a tower. The second time we got the door down we got portal bombed by your guys.

Now its just sad. We took briar, built a bunch of defense and no one came to attack it… so we startted trebbing bay and catapulting bay, and a few fergie defended. We then hit hills and about 1-2 fergie showed up.

A stunning difference from just 2 days ago. Maybe they really do have the population like you say, and the majority are ignoring wvw right now. But I feel ET is fielding better numbers than Fergie is. On top of that ET has push out a stunning level of organization when a few of their major guilds operate and I can only give them props. Attacking fergie doesnt feel right at all right now, so Ill be ignoring your BL hopefully the morale on that server will improve soon.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Ralloff.7359

Ralloff.7359

I take a couple days off and Envy and Np leave? I’m a tad sad about that. Had some good fights with Np and MANY good fights with Envy. However I’m also happy because quite frankly I’m sick of your stealthing and kitten. I’d say good luck, but I think the servers opposing yours might need it more with you around.

/Surprised/Surprised/Surprised/Surprised
Leader of the 3 man Pop Up Pirates(POMF)
Pretty OK Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: ZombiiDuud.1428

ZombiiDuud.1428

Man, why is it that near the end of every matchup we have complete BS making our tier look like drama queens? SoS does their part, get off of Chaster’s peen. Sorry to see Envy go, they were one of the few guilds on FC that I respected for their skill, I hope EBay treats you guys well! Kaineng we got ahead during the weekend and sustained it, let’s do it again next week!

Chaster is right though, Kaineng has been ultimately defined by the smaller guilds, we don’t strive for forum recognition, we just do our part in Wv3 and people will recognize us, even if they don’t we don’t care, I am just proud to be a part of Kaineng’s second win of all time.

Kinda forgot where I was going with this message now, but… GO KAINENG!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: scooby treat.8420

scooby treat.8420

The real reason we’re leaving is that FC is about to be on the other side of population imbalance, and this time for the better. I’m sorry, but we’re no longer the underpopulated server, that already goes to ET, and HoD is probably worse. None of us want to stick around and beat up on the small kid, that’s just not fun for us.

Oh, and if a 6’1" 300 lb. guy is trying to fight you, you probably should run. Coward or not, you just sound like an idiot wanting to fight that guy. Have fun cleaning up your teeth.

Really we have the numbers? Not only is that news to me it seems to be news to some of your own guild members posting. My “opinion” is that you guys didn’t want to lose to kain so both NP and you bounced.

So you like to fight outmanned but you would run if you had to fight someone bigger than you… I see… FC now has the numbers.. I see….

Anyhow don’t let the door hit you on the way out..

-FC- Cookie Snatchers [MINE]
Manyme usee -80 mesmer current main
80 War, Ele, Guar, Rang, thief. 55 engi 16 necro

in WvW

Posted by: ZombiiDuud.1428

ZombiiDuud.1428

The real reason we’re leaving is that FC is about to be on the other side of population imbalance, and this time for the better. I’m sorry, but we’re no longer the underpopulated server, that already goes to ET, and HoD is probably worse. None of us want to stick around and beat up on the small kid, that’s just not fun for us.

Really we have the numbers? Not only is that news to me it seems to be news to some of your own guild members posting. My “opinion” is that you guys didn’t want to lose to kain so both NP and you bounced.

So you like to fight outmanned but you would run if you had to fight someone bigger than you… I see… FC now has the numbers.. I see….

Not saying I agree with your dispute betwix Envy/NP and yourself; but; I must say that FC has more numbers than ET but still they do not have the numbers they need so I can see where the feelings of betrayal come from. Ultimately though it is up the their guild leaders and members to decide what is most enjoyable for them, nothing else should matter. Sorry FC, you guys lost two great guilds.

in WvW

scooby treat.8420

Not saying I agree with your dispute betwix Envy/NP and yourself; but; I must say that FC has more numbers than ET but still they do not have the numbers they need so I can see where the feelings of betrayal come from. Ultimately though it is up the their guild leaders and members to decide what is most enjoyable for them, nothing else should matter. Sorry FC, you guys lost two great guilds.

Yes we did (not anymore) have more numbers than ET and I guess his post could be part true in that a “zerg” will always goes for the easiest exp so would attack ET. However Kain you guys still had the advantage on us even before NP and ENVY decided to jump so his “reason” goes out the window they left for “beating” up the small guy because you guys have been ahead pretty much the whole time after reset. I think the last couple of months of DR, Kain, and FC and the argument of DR was determining the second place now seems to hold water and I think NP and ENVY couldn’t take it to know that it could be part true.

When the reset happened and kain stated pulling ahead they blame it on “beating” up the small guy and jump. The reason for that is EGO and not wanting to be wrong. Anyhow whatever like I said earlier don’t let the door hit you on the way out NP and ENVY I have seen many guilds come and go.

in WvW

Posted by: Semos.3976

Semos.3976

Scooby, you really need to see a doctor or something dude. And maybe an English teacher. First off, stop lumping Envy in with NP. Nothing against NP but we are 2 seperate guilds. When we first started talking about making a move, they weren’t part of that discussion. We voted as a guild and made a decision BEFORE they got involved. Apparently you missed this on Skar’s post so I will repeat, we have 12 active members. 12. Did you get that? Maybe one more time. 12 effing people. So us moving hardly changes the current point spread or the point spread of next weeks matchup. We don’t care about the score anyway and we don’t care about Kaineng. Since you are too short-sighted to see, allow me to break it down for you. We are making this move as a pre-emptive strike. Clearly, we don’t believe Kain is the small guy, but it’s obvious to everyone (except you apparently) that Kaineng will soon move up and HoD will fall to us. We firmly believe FC will dominate that match-up. That is the “beating up on the small guy” situation he was referring to. Honestly though dude, I don’t care what you think. You’re in a guild named for male genitals and seem to think getting hospitalized by a massive human being would somehow make people respect you. In reality, they would be asking “is he mentally handicapped or something?” Which is a question I think many of us are already asking. Seriously, you need to stop comparing this VIDEO GAME to real life. I just want to make sure nobody else is actually buying your nonsense. You are forming your ridiculous opinions on something you know nothing about. So you calling us out for our ego is simply laughable, given the immense amount of arrogance you are currently displaying. You are making yourself and your guild look silly. How about you just stop trying to tell us why we made this decision and go back to your coloring book.
To everyone else, we are simply exploring other options. There is a chance we come back to FC but I don’t see what’s wrong with testing different waters when this matchup has already been decided and future matuchups do not look promising.

Sheefu – Sylvari Mesmer
Envyous – [Envy]
Fergusons Crossing

in WvW

@vicelicious.3407

Oh, you are here since day one?

Then I must ask you, what happened?

Because as you know, before War came, you guys were actually pretty good.

But ever since LaZy’s group left ... you guys lost in strength, by A LOT.

@lcc.9374

Anyone that would fight for Kaineng.
Regardless size, race, profession, skill level, time spent in
The moment he enters WvW, Is a proud Kaineng

And that is the ART of WvW.

@ZombiiDuud.1428

But you guys are pointing me with flash light
I’m a big target, you know. After all, claiming to be a 800 man guild is rather a ...
spotlight magnet XD

@SniffyCube.6107

Oh, really, prove me wrong

Just because we didn’t make big appearance in WvW, and just because I didn’t guild advertisement in map chat, doesn’t mean we weren’t there

@Dhampyr.2104

Here’s the thing, zerg strength also based on the loyalty of the zerg following the commander, and also if the commander actually have any tactic or not.

One of the reason why SoS zerg is known to be powerful and efficient, is because I trained them, I lead them, and they follow commands.

I’m sure most of the time in WvW, you’ll always hear me scream things like: "SoS, all group up on me", "SoS, do this do that", and yet I do not include anyone else.

Sure, I got complaints at times telling me not to exclude them, aka the pugs, but, first of all, you are not a member or mine, you don’t know how I work, and my basic tactic. If you do not understand my idea, would you follow a commander into what it seems as a death trap? or something that would just appear to be a total waste of time and "being useless" as said by someone up there? (Yes, I’m talking about the guy that I replied above you)

Second, know your place, if you are just a pug, you should have different role to take. If you are small in numbers, like 2-3, you could go scout, defend tower/keeps/provide extra defense for doylaks. If you are a 4-5 man group, you should go cap supply camps. If you are 5~10 man group, you should start ambushing small defenseless towers, and even claim it as your own. If you are 11-20 men, look for the weakest spot for a keep and start try to back door it. If you are 21 men or more, put down few golem and start rampaging all over the map, but, at that time, you wouldn’t be considered as pug, aren’t I right? xD

On the side note, do you know what is the minimum guaranteed way to win?

Secure self BL, and all of north(or closest side to own server) side of SM + SM

Just that, and that’s literally what the higher tier battle is like.

And don’t worry, I am aware of the fact that zerg tactic will fail in the near future, and you think I didn’t have a counter plan for that?

@thenoobler.7540

You know, you should blame whatever-his-name-was for telling Pro to go to DR XDDD

His word caused the whole Fubuki left drama, Kaineng being surpressed, and which inevitable lead to the drama between you guys and Kain/KR *just kidding*

And, yes, with SE coming over and we finally have people can start covering for EU timezone, and there’s also another guild tag which I forgot, but it’s a Brazilian guild, which I believe will also help a lot in the fights we’ll see in future.

(edited by Chaster Sharpshooter.3640)

in WvW

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

lol unless there is a time of creation on your guild I can’t prove you wrong

but once again you know the truth and I know the truth… kain wasn’t created on launch day we moved there from ET just saw us and lazy

anyway, no sense in arguing with a little man that lives in his own little world

but anyway, correct me if I’m wrong but ET is now the smallest WvW pop? How is the PvE / regular population / new player distribution

If anyone large guild from that server or FC can msg me some of that information I would like to send someone over to check it out
(I have a thing for the underdog)

also, can we please get server only forums?

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

(edited by SniffyCube.6107)

in WvW

Posted by: Detharos.3157

Detharos.3157

Nice try Kain on the Garrison attack 30 minutes ago. And great work to the 10-ish defenders who held the Inner Keep. I do so love these “Helm’s Deep” style battles.

I was the Dredge gas-mask ranger on top of the front wall sending my Murrelow to your catas and raining arrows upon you guys.

P.S. As a glass cannon ranger I can say I am so happy I managed to survive the 4-5 times I got pulled off that wall xD.

Dathaul, 80 Melee Ranger
Ferguson’s Crossing server.

in WvW

Posted by: Balidore.2790

Balidore.2790

@ scooby

are you drunk? at no point in time did anything have to do with “challenge,” it has to do with “boring.”

I’m not sure who you are, but if you think we run from a challenge, you probably know nothing about us.

boring is boring. quit reading in to it more than it is.

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

@ scooby

are you drunk? at no point in time did anything have to do with “challenge,” it has to do with “boring.”

I’m not sure who you are, but if you think we run from a challenge, you probably know nothing about us.

boring is boring. quit reading in to it more than it is.

Last time when I fought all of you Envy Mesmers and single-handedly struck every one of you down with 1 attack you guys totally ran away. I think several even blew a kitten whistle because of how brutally I wrecked you all. Everyone knows Envy’s full of Wannabes!

Be a man Balidore and stick around so that I might strike you all down with a single press of a button once more! Without you FC WILL FALL!!!

in WvW

Posted by: iMusica.5764

iMusica.5764

Just quickly popping in to say that the WvW, dungeon, and sPvP side of SE has gone and made the guild DE. Looking forward to working with and (in our opponents case) fighting awesome battles with you ^-^ See you in game~

in WvW

Posted by: Agricola.2817

Agricola.2817

Aww that sucks. When I play probably half of the people I see in WvW have an NP tag. Good luck at your new server.

I kind of wish they could fold FC into another server, as the PVE zones are empty even at primetime. And we’ve lost a good proportion of our wvw players now. I wouldn’t be surprised to see some more guilds leave now that we’ve lost our main one.

FC- TCCP

in WvW

Posted by: amberlin.5124

amberlin.5124

[/snip noise] know your place, if you are just a pug, [/snip noise]

^^^ This single phrase became the soundbite for your entire post — if not your entire participation in this thread.

There are times when the messenger upstages the message. Today, you are message. The rest is noise. Your @<victims> forum pvp is tl;dr.

Those close to you will read past the insult. Those in opposition don’t care. But to the huge middle, the undecided, the unwashed masses that don’t typically engage in forum pvp… you wickedly cackled, “I’ll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too!”

A good leader chooses words wisely. A good leader knows that every word ascribed to him/her is part of his/her brand.

A person’s true character will always find ways of revealing itself.

How a person chooses to argue with people on his team, the wordy-weapons selected, the timing and choice of venue says more about a leader than the substance of the argument!

On behalf of all the pugs and those that don’t seem to know their place, I urge you to take your friendly fire private, for the good of your own personal command integrity and for the good of the Kaineng community.

Have the humility to apologize to us and move on.

Failing that, could you please include a score report as part of your next bloviation?

in WvW

Skarloc.2569

This is just too easy. I’m guessing so you don’t have many friends, so I’ll keep the conversation going with you, big guy. We all need someone to talk to, even if you do have Downs.

Basic reading comprehension should have let you know that my numbers reference was to ET, and to HoD when they soon drop down. The idea of being on a server where we’ll have a numbers advantage over other servers on the tier isn’t our idea of fun. We liked FC because we had the fewest numbers and were the underdog. With ET here, that is already not the case and will get even worse when HoD soon drops.

I’m not sure where your comments towards Kaineng ever came from, to be honest. Although, I’m not sure that you knew either, given most of the dribble that you’ve gone on about. I suppose your reference to losing is in regards to the score. Well, I hate to break it to you, but the score has been and always will be a fairly irrelevant number. It’s simply a zerg counter to boost the morale for all the sheeple who want to get an accurate count of who has the numbers and who does not. As far as actual fights go, the kind against other players, well I would say our win/loss ratio speaks for itself. You say we are running because we are scared of Kaineng? I think enough posters on this thread have already stated that is indeed not the case. Notice how Envy is usually mentioned with actual fighting, and not running? I would say put the pieces together, but I know that’s going to be a struggle for you. Moving on…

Your last comment about numbers and fighting someone bigger than you is yet another example of a situation related to the game and one related to real life. Once again, you have proven that you still cannot differentiate the difference between a video game and reality Given how you come across, I would probably stick to the game if I were you. I’m guessing that whole real life thing probably hasn’t worked out too well for you. Although, in all fairness, you never really had a fair shot at it. Having a couple of extra chromosomes will do that to you.

Anyways, since I just destroyed you in logic, I’m sure you’ll need some more time to make things up again. I wish you the best, good sir. Oh, and if you ever get thirsty, I recommend any of the cleaning supplies under the sink, it’ll really quench the thirst!

in WvW

Draygo.9473

My question is, if its really about HoD and ET being smaller than FC..

Why didnt you wait until kaineng left into T7, why now? FC is defineatly an underdog right now compared to Kaineng…

I get where your going, but the timing of this doesnt quite match up, unless you were using this week to find a server to transfer to that will give you a solid challenge week in and week out.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Irate Platypus.9318

Irate Platypus.9318

FC will be fine. Things in-game were surprisingly positive today, at least when I played — lots of people speaking up who’ve been around but quiet, and veterans taking the time to show some new people around. We’re in for a stomping on the scoreboard for a few weeks, but if we pick our fights well we’ll do ok. The most important thing we can do now is make everyone feel welcome and useful when they show up.

The one good thing about server transfers is that on a server like this one you know that everyone out there has signed up for the same beating you have. That requires a level of emotional stability (or at least stubbornness) not seen in the typical MMO player, and I think it’s creating an interesting culture on our server.

Wuze
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

On behalf of all the pugs and those that don’t seem to know their place, I urge you to take your friendly fire private, for the good of your own personal command integrity and for the good of the Kaineng community.

Have the humility to apologize to us and move on.

Failing that, could you please include a score report as part of your next bloviation?

First of all, apologize to those who does feel offended by such quote I’ve used above, as you pointed it out, it was tl;dr, so people might just skip lines and just notice the highlighted “soundbite” of yours.

Since it was tl;dr, I’ll make a tl;dr version for you:

TL;DR: A guild zerg is a GUILD zerg, so pick up groups (aka pugs), stop complaining why we didn’t include you, you have your own task that is more suitable for your size.

PS: it’s currently 324k Kaineng/ 132k FC / 87k ET

in WvW

Skarloc.2569

My question is, if its really about HoD and ET being smaller than FC..

Why didnt you wait until kaineng left into T7, why now? FC is defineatly an underdog right now compared to Kaineng…

I get where your going, but the timing of this doesnt quite match up, unless you were using this week to find a server to transfer to that will give you a solid challenge week in and week out.

We have a number of friends that asked us to try out another server, so we went there to see how it was. We are very well aware that Kaineng is still here, but that will change shortly. In the meantime, we are playing on other servers to see if we can find a more balanced tier to be on.

in WvW

Draygo.9473

Makes sense we miss you guys though, hopefully you guys pick a server that we have a chance of meeting you guys again.

I dont think you will ever find a truely balanced tier, outside of maybe T1. Every tier has its ebb and flow.

Glad to hear that Irate, maybe ill step back into your BL again Just to spice things up.

@amber I got exactly what he said and it makes complete sense. My guild doesnt always include other guilds into what we are doing, so I dont expect him to include me, we do what we are capable of. If ive only got 3 online we go harrass supply camps, if ive got 5, we harrass towers, sometimes even attempt ninja operations with 5 people. If ive got more than that we play with bigger moves. What chaster is saying is that our PuG’s shouldnt be just following the zerg around but better utilizing themselves to give us a bigger impact. There are always dolyaks/supply camps that need harrassing. Towers that need proper defensive siege, and teams responsible to respond to them falling under attack.

Honestly when I get in with the zerg I dont feel like i’m doing much of anything. When i’m out with my guild I feel i have a huge impact on whats happening by what we take, and what we choose to defend. What is important to me is that I’m having fun. Otherwise its burnout street and weve already seen several guilds go that route.

You dont take a zerg to go chase 5 people around the map, you dont take a zerg to harrass dolyaks, you hit major objectives, ones you can take.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

(edited by Draygo.9473)

in WvW

Posted by: WrathOfGod.4695

WrathOfGod.4695

I can’t argue with you – everything you say is truth. You absolutely want to attack where the enemy is weak. The thing is, that stuff works great when the pastures are green. Points-wise, we’re destroying FC and ET, but that’s really just a numbers game and many bouts of PvDoor. When it comes to equal force on equal force, the result is often a coin toss.

If we keep cruising like this, we’re going to end up in T7. Although I bet DR moves to T6 before we get there, can you imagine facing them again with that strategy – meaning there aren’t any easy pickings anywhere and you have to fight for every single camp/tower/keep? The zerg you talk about will get wiped and quit. It’s just plain better to have quality players that understand siege, understand tactics, and have the heart to deal with heavy resistance than to have a mob.

I’ll tell you (from my experience anyway), DR zergs didn’t seem similar to the zerg you discuss here. They flank, they ambush, and although you can stall them, they don’t quit. That’s why they ate us alive when they were down here, and why I think DR will continue to advance. I’d hate to see Kaineng start to get on its feet, start to advance, and then fail miserably because our folks can’t handle a difficult fight.

I think you may be underestimating some of the folks you have – this past week, I’ve played side by side with quite a few of you guys, and I’ve always come away with a feeling that your guys are pretty dang good. I’d hate to see that talent and strength melt at a hint of adversity.

I have crushed many a DR Zerg, and when I did there was a few things I always kept in mind:
1) TARGET THE COMMANDER. This was always required because a DR Zerg without a Commander is basically destroyed.
2) The first time you defeat a DR Zerg they will lose about 25% of their Zerg, the other 75% will come back hard and fast to try and slam you down.
3) The second time you beat a DR Zerg it actually seems to just irk them off, they only lose like 5-10% of their people.
4) The third time you beat them the DR Zergs tend to crumble. They will retreat from the map and just leave small groups of skilled folks behind to annoy you.

The reason DR Zergs are dangerous is their Commanders who are well organized and work well together. If you can disrupt that communication, you can beat them much much easier. The reason why Chaster’s Zergs are so powerful is how cohesive his groups are, Chaster’s people lack individual strength and as such will likely get crushed most of the time if they are separated from the group. BUT…when they are in a group, they stick together and follow the directives Chaster issues. This is VERY powerful in a setting where “PUG Zergs” are the standard affair.

This is the reason I consider SoS to be one of the most powerful forces I have yet to see, this is also why I think that every time they get on for WvW EB will turn the color of Kaineng.

1. Sorry for posting here from DR, but I like to check the forums every once and a while to see how our old neighbors are doing
2. We at DR have had the chance to work on tactics this week, and let me tell you, we aren’t as much of a mindless zerg as we were before. I managed to command 40+ people to follow me without running ahead, without chasing, without luring any enemies, they were porting, speed boosting, everything.
3. 11 of our DR commanders have gathered and talked strategy, stuff which I can’t say, but we put some methods to the test, and we obliterated the enemy zerg within seconds.

4. A bit of feedback when I was commanding against you Kain, always watch your flanks, check where the fight is, then watch which way the fight is heading. You can’t let us get behind you, you need to stay on the ball, because we do all the time, and we don’t stop. Get 2 commanders and co-ordinate flanking and squashing.

5. A comment to your “numbers” game, it doesn’t work like that if the commander is doing their job properly. Get to the commander and kill them? By the time you get through the zerg your dead. I as an elementalist, I command, get in, do my damage, get out, command again and repeat. You are right on 1 thing though, a zerg without a commander is pretty much dead.

6. I do hope to fight Kain again, I want to see what they have to offer as oppose to the recent weeks.

-I am not coming here to downbuzz you guys, just sharing what I’ve seen, and hopefully you don’t take it as negative, take it more as constructive.

Thanks, Commander Firefly – Devona’s Rest – GASM.

in WvW

Darek.1836

Goodluck tonight guys, you’re gonna need it.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Just quickly popping in to say that the WvW, dungeon, and sPvP side of SE has gone and made the guild DE. Looking forward to working with and (in our opponents case) fighting awesome battles with you ^-^ See you in game~

Thanks for the update. I thought I saw Prosecute in WvW last night, but he didn’t have the SE tag. I guess this explains it. :-)

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: vicelicious.3407

vicelicious.3407

@Chaser – We went up a tier. Got our butts handed to us big time. People left, and our population dropped like crazy. For quite a while we had max, 10-20 peeps on wvw.

@scooby – I remember Tomnus. Much respect for him. I don’t agree with the hating you’re dishing out. But I can live with someone disagreeing with me.

Chukie :D
Ebay Asura Thief

in WvW

scooby treat.8420

@Chaser – We went up a tier. Got our butts handed to us big time. People left, and our population dropped like crazy. For quite a while we had max, 10-20 peeps on wvw.

@scooby – I remember Tomnus. Much respect for him. I don’t agree with the hating you’re dishing out. But I can live with someone disagreeing with me.

Fair enough, good luck on whichever server you choose I am done.

in WvW

Posted by: zortek.9607

zortek.9607

5. A comment to your “numbers” game, it doesn’t work like that if the commander is doing their job properly. Get to the commander and kill them? By the time you get through the zerg your dead. I as an elementalist, I command, get in, do my damage, get out, command again and repeat. You are right on 1 thing though, a zerg without a commander is pretty much dead.

In Tier 1, the notion of targeting commanders is simply unheard of…

Occasionally, we jest about the presence or positioning of a particular commander on the field, but a “chop-off-the-head” strategy is simply not pragmatic.

We generally have anywhere from 3-5 commanders in our primary zerg. At any given time, usually only two will typically have their pins turned on. Often the commanders are all in a “commander group” or party so we can always see each other on the map even when pin-off. This also has the side benefit of allowing the cmdrs to plan and execute in “layers” and marginalizes demoralizing tactical trolling (strategy debate) in open channel.

The map commander drives, the secondary pin (support commander) shadows the movements of the map commander and performs lead chat support (command relays). Special mission commanders can go pin-on at any time and ask for # of people to “x” up in chat and peel off the main force.

We don’t worry about the death of any commander. If the map pin dies, the secondary pin takes up point and one of the commanders that has been silent running (pin-off) goes pin-on. The map commander can literally lead from anywhere on the map. If he dies, he can go pin-off if he chooses, or if it was a nasty battle, he will might rally the dead to regroup. Dynamic conditions require dynamic reactions.

We have a “rule of three” where any command or directive is typically echo’d in chat by at least three people. There are several reasons for this but the detail probably exceeds reader stamina and is unnecessary to illustrate my point.

The map commander may ask in voip, “spam food pls” and at least three people will relay in /m and /t something like, “Refresh your food buffs… eat it if you got it.” Or he will say, “gimme TS spam” and at least three people will relay in /m and /t something like, “Join the commanders on the JQ server Teamspeak3 — jq.someaddress.com”… you get the point. We do the same for directives and commands too.

Another interesting trick…. if it looks like a wipe or for what ever reason the map requires a FULL rally, ALL commanders go PIN ON and WP (and everyone publishes the waypoint location in chat).

Do this often enough and you begin building a culture of continuity. Most zerglings are highly motivated to “not be different”, “to fit in”, “to be a roman in rome.” You condition them to tolerate (if not enjoy) the excitement of rapid state transitions. You should never fear the death of a commander or the consequences of a wipe.

Momentum allows you to exceed normal tolerances.

p.s. You may not always have 3-5 people on a map that have a commander pin. Performing leadership support doesn’t require a pin. In truth, some of the best commanders I run with perform better and deliver better results in a (pin-off) command support (shepherding) role.

I personally measure success by how often we don’t need to remind people about rule-of-three messaging. Sustainable pushes are rarely far behind.

(edited by zortek.9607)

in WvW

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

ROOOOOOOOOFFFFLLLLLMMMMMMAAOOOOOOO

SoS Theif, kaineng Invader, ET Borderlands jumping puzzle….

such a noob <333

can’t do a 1V1 as a glass cannon thief, so you sit in the water and cry for help from ANOTHER thief? lmao…..

Oh man you made my day, as a glass cannon thief you should have killed me easily…

found it rather hilarious another thief from SoS had to show up to save you..

you should have stayed in the water my friend, T’was the only safe place for you.

oh and FYI, I don’t attack any invaders/defenders in the JP, everyone has the right to do it…..only you attacked me first

but now from this day forth i retract my promise i made myself and shall kill anyone who steps inside the jumping puzzle.

offtopic a tad – I have seen so many thiefs from SoS? can’t beat ’em, roll ’em i guess huh…

EDIT: i found it hilarious, when i started fighting you i was falling off my chair laughing, Good Fight though <3

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

(edited by roostapro.9827)

in WvW

Posted by: Calos.1350

Calos.1350

Would you tell storm to quit crying in our forums please, gl to all, have fun on reset.

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

Would you tell storm to quit crying in our forums please, gl to all, have fun on reset.

I think someone’s upset that he’s losing arguments…poor thing, want a tissue? I know it’s sad to have someone informing others DR isn’t the “UBER AWESOME SERVER” you want to think you are. But that’s no reason to come crying over here about it. As far as ET/FC…Sorry we’re stuck here another week, I imagine this week will probably be a LITTLE better though just because so many people on Kaineng seem to be getting “Bored” and leaving WvW till we move up. Will be hilarious if it results in the Server resetting to the numbers we had a week and a half ago. :p

in WvW

Posted by: Goteam.2937

Goteam.2937

You guys didn’t sweep it after you capped it, that mesmer was in there the whole time.

Don’t make me bring my [Main] Leader
Silver Onyx Dps Guardian Scrub
+39k kills +4.4k zerg dive suicides. fc roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Milkroll.5962

Milkroll.5962

You guys didn’t sweep it after you capped it, that mesmer was in there the whole time.

That mesmer was inside the camp and at the sentry – outside DB, a member from my guild was fighting them. I’m going to leave recording up there regardless.

in WvW

Darek.1836

That mesmer was inside the camp and at the sentry – outside DB, a member from my guild was fighting them. I’m going to leave recording up there regardless.

That’s not true. I was told he was in there 15 minutes ahead of the attack. Also, you can’t “wall jump” into bay.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: Milkroll.5962

Milkroll.5962

That’s not true. I was told he was in there 15 minutes ahead of the attack. Also, you can’t “wall jump” into bay.

I’m not here to have a discussion with you about assumptions, I’m here to let Yarr and our KBL know that they’ve been caught. And I’ll take pleasure in catching them the next time.

(edited by Milkroll.5962)

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

Also: I know of at least 1 spot you CAN wall-jump into Bay. Haven’t tried it lately to see if patched, but witnessed it being used by DR when they were here.