Kaineng... going down... Dev's... send... reinf *end transmission*

in WvW

Posted by: Fubuki.7162

Fubuki.7162

Current matchup, Northern Shiverpeaks, Devnoa’s Rest, Kaineng.

Current score 75K, 25K, 7K

Northern Shiverpeaks outnumbers Devona’s Rest and Kaineng combined.

Imagine our excitement to see Northern Shiverpeaks owns the whole Eternal Battlegrounds map, has 30 people camping our spawn point, while holding off DR, while defending the borderlands. We don’t even have 30 people total on a good day on Kaineng. The keeps are upgraded, the walls are reinforced, cannons are everywhere, and we can’t get into the Dark Room.

WvW is dead. Morale is low. People are heading for the door. This is the opposite of what you were going for with this post:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Queues-for-WvW-The-Official-Thread

You’re currently telling people they should move to lower populated servers to balance out the queue times, but you’re penalizing them for doing so. We’ve been told repeatedly in my other post about joining us on Kaineng that guilds WOULD move if they didn’t lose all of their upgrades.

Call my stubborn, or stupid, but I don’t want to leave Kaineng. I have made friends here and up until today we’ve had a blast together in WvW. Now I’m listening to them on teamspeak talking about doing PVE. I’m not sure they even knew there was PVE before today.

I’ve been thinking about ways to fix this issue. I’ve come up with the following:

- Turn off free transfers TO most servers. Leave the option to transfer to underpopulated servers open (free).

- Allow people to transfer their guilds without penalty, keeping their upgrades intact.

The first two options may solve all the problems, but if not:

- Consider having tiers for tournament lengths. If a server’s already winning by more than twice of the other two servers combined, why drag that out for another week or two? Reset the map and let us get a fresh start. It’s just going to make people want to quit or transfer otherwise.

- Consider a handicap. Adjust the price of siege equipment and repairs based on the score. If the scores are severely lopsided, give sides that are losing badly free or greatly reduced rams / arrow carts / repairs.

- ArenaNet should play on low population servers. “Be the change you want to see in the world” and all that.

- Bring cookies.

Thanks for reading.

(edited by Fubuki.7162)

in WvW

Posted by: Mr Girly Man.6893

Mr Girly Man.6893

Not sure if many of you have ever seen the ‘Outmanned’ buff or if it is just Kaineng specific but altering this may help. Currently it gives bonus xp, bonus magic find, and bonus gold. All of these are very nice, but how does it help us gain some ground? Maybe change the buff to reduced damage taken, increased damage output, stronger siege weapons, more supplies being able to be carried or all of the above. =p Also it seems kind of counterproductive to have the buff the way it is. If I wanted those buffs, I wouldn’t want people to come and join me so I get to keep it. Or just change the buff name to ‘This… is… KAINENG’. Any of these would help.

in WvW

Posted by: Doxshund.9235

Doxshund.9235

Free transfers to lower tier realms
pay to move to higher tier realm

Asura > all

in WvW

Posted by: NixZero.7540

NixZero.7540

I dont really get how its possible that a server with at least a couple towsand players concurrently active cant muster more than 30 in wvwvw…

in WvW

Posted by: NixZero.7540

NixZero.7540

Not sure if many of you have ever seen the ‘Outmanned’ buff or if it is just Kaineng specific but altering this may help. Currently it gives bonus xp, bonus magic find, and bonus gold. All of these are very nice, but how does it help us gain some ground?

this is true, they should switch orb bonus and outmanned bonus.
the side that its already winning dont need even more fighting power while a bonus on earned loot could be nice, the losing side just has no use of getting more gold and xp for what they cant win.

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

Full servers should not have any kind of transfers, so yeah free transfers should be only for those which are low in pop.

I took an arrow to the knee

in WvW

Posted by: Doxshund.9235

Doxshund.9235

Anyone that wants to WvW probably transferred off the server. no fun to lose all the time.
I am on Dovan’s Rest and am thinking of transferring to a higher pop.
Not because of WvW, we do have some amazing WvW guilds. but for PVE.
The server is low pop and running into a champion mob, you are on your own as the zones are sparse. On high pop realms there would be a bunch of players in the area ready to help on the champion mob.

Asura > all

in WvW

Mr Girly Man.6893

I dont really get how its possible that a server with at least a couple towsand players concurrently active cant muster more than 30 in wvwvw…

Haha, come check out Kaineng. If you can get a group of 8 people working together, you would probably have the largest force ever seen here. You just have no idea…

in WvW

Posted by: Splintrr.7391

Splintrr.7391

It’s not even a joke, Kaineng is in a bracket of its own.

Feralblood(Guardian) Splintrr(Ranger)
Warsworn [WAR], Dragonbrand
Evermoor Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Fed.8594

Fed.8594

Totally agree with the points the OP has made. Not happy about Anet silence on this though.

in WvW

Posted by: Optimism.7213

Optimism.7213

Free transfers to lower tier realms
pay to move to higher tier realm

I agree with this one. In addition let the guilds who transfer keep their influence points. There are some guilds out there who want to transfer but risk losing all their points.

in WvW

Posted by: kriegerdeath.2053

kriegerdeath.2053

I’m afraid that A.net may lower the wvw population caps to increase queue’s to drive people off of the servers with high ELO. I started out on Stormbluff and we’ve done well in WvW, and I’m noticing queue times are not subsiding yet from launch.

IMO transfers to high pop / high ELO servers should not be allowed at all..

Lvl 80 Human Ranger / Dark Prophecy / Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Splintrr.7391

I don’t fully understand the guilds not wanting to move because of Influence, our guild has gotten most of the upgrades and there’s nothing particularly worth mentioning, aside from losing the Guild Bank, most of its temporary and the rest just takes like 1 week to get back up to speed.

To be sure, there’s a ton of no-brainer content that’s missing.

Evermoor Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: zombiemeerkat.5960

zombiemeerkat.5960

I was able to play a little today after having been busy for a few days.

What I saw was heartbreaking. I couldn’t even bring myself to stick through it. The state of Kaineng is even worse than ever now. Most of our regulars who were doing WvW have thrown in the towel. I thought it was a little silly that they were willing to let Godsword and Longview go just to keep with Cliffside, which they also lost. After seeing the number of Kainengs actually in the game, it’s no wonder.

I really wanted to like WvW. It’s a great concept. But on Kaineng, that concept is a nightmare. I’m just burnt out already on it. Because we’re outnumbered, we’re not able to get as many rewards. We’re spending considerably more on repairs than anyone else. We’re at the mercy of NSP, DR, or FC.

With no response from Anet about this, I don’t think that anything will be done. The hope that people transfer isn’t enough. We’ve gotten some great people, like Fubuki, but we’ve lost some great ones in the process of waiting, too.

in WvW

Posted by: Aven.7295

Aven.7295

were actualy looking to transfer to Kaineng, Maguma has become far to populated and its ruining our abllity to do anything. How is the comunity of the server? Judgement has never had a problem with being on a loseing side (we played asmo in aion LOL). infact i would say we prefer it. but we also have a fair bit of our members who prefer pve, if you can tell me what the server is like you may see us there soon.

Aven Scorchfield, lvl 80 Guardian
Server: Maguma
Guild: Judgement [Eye]

in WvW

Mr Girly Man.6893

Haha, in case anyone was wondering how Kaineng actually is, take a look at this screen shot. We are literally the brink of death. Think these guys were so bored of having every town, tower, and keep in the borderlands, they started attacking invulnerable targets.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Shaileya.7063

Shaileya.7063

I have a great solution for Kaineng. Let those of us stuck in queues go sub in for the lowest pop server in a match while we’re sitting around waiting in our queues. My guild is a small guild of close knit friends. We PVE mostly together, and we want to do the same with WVW, but it rarely ever lets even two of us in at the same time and the rest are left waiting for hours afterwards. I certainly wouldn’t mind subbing for some other realm while waiting for it to actually let multiple guildies in instead of lottery systeming one of us and ignoring the rest.

in WvW

Posted by: Krathalos.3461

Krathalos.3461

Not sure if this is serious. The actual world population is equal. All 3 are medium servers. Kaineng doesn’t have any serious WvW guilds, groups, etc. Devona’s Rest was winning yesterday, but last night Northern Shiverpeaks took over everything, and no one even tried to retake anything today. Everything is upgraded and the other servers don’t really stand much of a chance after that. If you want to get organization, start a guild and start getting your name out there. That’s what we had to do on Northern Shiverpeaks, and now it completely works.

Edit: I’d like to point out that your point on “if a server is winning by double, it should just end.” Devona’s Rest had quadruple the second place score yesterday, and now they have less than 1/3 of first place’s.

(edited by Krathalos.3461)

in WvW

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

Devona’s always does amazing when their main group plays from like 4pm to 11pm EST. Problem is when that group isn’t running kitten, no one does anything.

After that…absolutely dead. All other hours of the day. Its getting pretty old for me, playing on Tarnished Coast today has been a lot more fun.

The WvW populations aren’t even close to equal. We had outmanned buffs before midnight PST last night.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Splintrr.7391

Take the plunge, switch to Kaineng, we don’t even know what being in the Queue looks like. 10-man+ daily Guild war-parties for us. There are fun times.

Evermoor Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Krathalos.3461

Krathalos.3461

It doesn’t matter if the WvW populations aren’t close to equal. The server populations are. If you are on a server that just so happens to not care about WvW, that isn’t something they can fix. It’s simply your job to leave that server. There’s going to be players that don’t care about WvW no matter what server you’re on. All you can do is either organize something with a group (and this is basically required in order to get any coordination out of a server). I’d also like to point out that Devona’s Rest actually was full in WvW yesterday, but today they don’t care. If you guys had a group in WvW, it’s not hard to take objectives, or to even push people out of your spawn. The problem is that everyone gave up as soon as they started to lose, and now they’re expecting the game to cater to them for not caring.

It seriously does work. Start a guild (it can be small) and have them lead a group in WvW. You have to communicate, and you have to take charge. You need to know what’s hard to take and what’s easy to take, what’s a good idea and what’s a bad idea, etc. If you can’t do that, then you don’t care as much about WvW as you seem to think. Northern Shiverpeaks had to do that, and now the randoms that join actually listen when people tell them what to do. Problem is that you have to be there, but once you get in a lead and upgrade areas, you win.

in WvW

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

They give up because they know that every night the same thing will happen, NSP will take all the upgraded keeps with no people inside of them. I understand why they give up, it frustrates me…but I get it.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Raiyn.5397

Raiyn.5397

NSP and Devonas are both the same in regards to population. Like Krath said, Devonas was destroying both NSP and Kaineng at first. It seems like as soon as we got organized on our side, whatever sort of force Devonas had just collapsed in on itself.

When we took Devonas keep there were barely 5 people defending it. We capped it with 700 supply remaining. No one repaired, no one really did anything to stop it. We had a 20 minute standoff at Danelons while we capped Quentin… and after that it’s like the entirety of Devonas decided that it wasn’t worth it anymore and just up and left.

As for Kaineng yes I do agree that the server as whole is at a disadvantage due to lack of numbers. Currently the only solution to that is to attempt to organize as many people that will listen. With this group you would have to try to move as a whole instead of what has been happening lately where there are 3-5 people on 5 different sides of the map. An organized zerg is what WvW is all about, without that it’s extremely hard to get a foothold

Limwris
Co-Leader of Os

(edited by Raiyn.5397)

in WvW

Posted by: Pilgrim.2185

Pilgrim.2185

Join Ruins of Surmia! we can use some US guilds

Pilgrim Guild Council of Mystical Awakening

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

NSP has night shift, Devona’s doesnt, which is why NSP beats devona once it gets really really early in the morning.

Kaineng doesnt have people, and arenanet hasnt done a thing about it. I’m sure they are ‘talking’ about it, but its getting to the point where even I’m considering just giving up and going to a server with no queues but at least has people.

At least this round we hold our own fort forever due to a bug…

Yeaaa bugs…

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Draygo.9473

Not sure if this is serious. The actual world population is equal. All 3 are medium servers. Kaineng doesn’t have any serious WvW guilds, groups, etc. Devona’s Rest was winning yesterday, but last night Northern Shiverpeaks took over everything, and no one even tried to retake anything today. Everything is upgraded and the other servers don’t really stand much of a chance after that. If you want to get organization, start a guild and start getting your name out there. That’s what we had to do on Northern Shiverpeaks, and now it completely works.

Edit: I’d like to point out that your point on “if a server is winning by double, it should just end.” Devona’s Rest had quadruple the second place score yesterday, and now they have less than 1/3 of first place’s.

You have never been on kaineng.

We are a low pop server disguised as a med pop server.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Week.5680

Week.5680

These Kaineng folk are speaking the truth, when we were matched up against them, it would be amazing to even see 2 guys from their side in any of the borderlands. I find it hard to believe that you would let some of these servers endure 4-5 hour que times while servers like Kaineng can’t even field enough players to take down a tower. I’m all for being the underdog, but this is a bit out of hand. I thought Ferguson’s Crossing was bad, until we were matched up with Kaineng.

in WvW

Posted by: LiveSpartan.8206

LiveSpartan.8206

Actually if look at server pops now NSP is high pop not medium anymore.
I’m from NSP btw Angry Army ftw

in WvW

Posted by: Mistalya.4812

Mistalya.4812

Most awesome thread title ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Igolbug.7295

Igolbug.7295

If I was on a top server I’d Transfer to a server like this just because of the pride I’d feel if we eventually were a top 5. Whoever I’m on Crystal Desert in the middle with perfect queue times so it’s nice.

Igolbug – 80 Elementalist
The Owl Exterminators
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Bead.8609

Bead.8609

I was thinking about going to Kaineng but man…now I’m scared to.

in WvW

Posted by: Lew.6014

Lew.6014

Same situation with Arborstone [FR], they’re totally dominating Jade Sea [FR] and Underworld.
http://i.imgur.com/EzRm0.jpg their score is just going to keep increasing throughout the week anyway, especially that they have 3 orbs etc… Winning teams are buffed losing teams get nothing?

in WvW

Posted by: micron.5369

micron.5369

The population in Kaineng is getting slightly better. For instance, I saw 4 people running around in WvW yesterday morning. Sadly, after 3-4 days, those 4 people will probably transfer over to a top tier server.

Fubuki has a lot of good suggestions. I might want to emphasize, in addition to giving folks incentive to transfer to Kaineng, I would recommend that ANet give us an incentive to STAY on this server. It’s a constant struggle to find reasons as to why we’re staying on Kaineng. I never want to spend cash for upgrading something we just took because we know that even with upgrades, 2v40 is a battle we can’t win. That, plus the cost for armor damages we face every time we decide we want to take something makes this whole situation rather frustrating.

Suggestions: give us discounts on siege equipment, give us some type of break of armor repairs, and maybe do something like giving the outmanned puff perma stacks of might and some other stuff or something….

in WvW

Posted by: Aedgyth.4790

Aedgyth.4790

A lot of guilds are looking at the situation but are waiting – as soon as AN announce that they will lock servers with queues with 30-60 minutes then you will see tfrs, no one is willing to do it yet if they risk being stuck in queues yet again in a week or two.

in WvW

Draygo.9473

It only seems slightly better micron because its the weekend.

Were losing numbers now. Saturday morning we were fighting and holding things well to 5 a.m. This morning? We lost everything by 1 am except one bugged fort that cant be taken. (bug error in your favor?).

The greedy whiny people on high queue servers refused to transfer to a server with no queues. So now were left with the result, a terrible wvw matchup.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

I love WvW. I hate my server. I am on Ferguson, the only server we can beat is Kaineng. In all honesty, we destroy them. They have no presence. If i could make a suggestion, start a poll. Allow both of our servers to vote to combine. Then we might have a chance to WvW. The other servers outnumber us at any given moment. I tried pvping for about an hour and a half a little while ago. We couldn’t outnumber the enemy outside of our spawn (fergusson’s borderland). That is a bit messed up.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Coffee.6394

Coffee.6394

in guild wars 1, kaineng was the coolest city by far (ok maybe i’m biased because i got my first set of max armor there, and the asian feel, plus it wasn’t cluttered usually like spamadan lol), magnificent! sorry to hear about your luck =/

in WvW

Posted by: defrule.7236

defrule.7236

Feel sorry for Kaineng. This is probably the best matchup they can give and it’s still a disaster.

ArenaNet better not be relying on the players to balance themselves out they need to do something about this. It seems for every good matchup there is also one terrible one.

in WvW

Draygo.9473

I’m sure mike has the numbers on what transfering is going on, Anet needs to do something by next patch about this, something that gives incentive for people to switch to disadvantaged servers.

This is just crazy.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Fed.8594

Fed.8594

2 sides being camped at spawn by one side means something is not working out properly. As i’ve mentioned in other posts, i’ve seen a couple of peeps jump ship because transfers are super easy and free.

in WvW

Posted by: Azreal.2753

Azreal.2753

At the moment in underworld we’re fighting two french servers at the same time. Ever since the reset the only times they have ever attacked each other has been after we have been pushed off the map. There’s absolutely no enjoyment to this. See below.

http://imageshack.us/a/img840/7313/wvwvw.jpg

Its got so bad now that theres not even a que any longer to join the battlegrounds apart from EB.

in WvW

Splintrr.7391

“Feel sorry for Kaineng. This is probably the best matchup they can give and it’s still a disaster.”

No, we’re somewhat equal with Devona’s, add in who we used to fight, Ferg or Borlis, and we’d have a fighting chance…at least when we fought them we held more then 2 camps

Evermoor Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: gandhigonewild.3645

gandhigonewild.3645

Right now its a disaster….NSP is pretty much stomping both DR and Kaineng into the ground

Level 80 Norn Warrior
Kætilmund [LaZy] -Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

This actually makes me want to transfer to Kaineng just for the permanently instant queues.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

in WvW

Posted by: tbox.2307

tbox.2307

Same thing on isle of Janthir how about Mike swallows his pride and gets us out of 1 week formats.

in WvW

Posted by: tbox.2307

tbox.2307

This actually makes me want to transfer to Kaineng just for the permanently instant queues.

But you will not, thus the problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

tbox:

I might! I do what I want, I do what I want… ;-)

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

in WvW

Posted by: Fubuki.7162

Fubuki.7162

tbox:

I might! I do what I want, I do what I want… ;-)

Bring it on! Look up Fubuki when you get here if you need a guild. Bring friends, the more the merrier.

I’m usually on Sensei Zon or Pong more than Fubuki these days. If you see me out there, rez me please.

in WvW

Posted by: Richard.8207

Richard.8207

Anyone that wants to WvW probably transferred off the server. no fun to lose all the time.
I am on Dovan’s Rest and am thinking of transferring to a higher pop.
Not because of WvW, we do have some amazing WvW guilds. but for PVE.
The server is low pop and running into a champion mob, you are on your own as the zones are sparse. On high pop realms there would be a bunch of players in the area ready to help on the champion mob.

Don’t give up yet. I know I bought a second copy of the game to start new toons on Devona’s Rest, and seeing the people around the noob zones makes me think a lot of other people must have done the same. Go to the lower level zones and see how many people are there. Give it a week for all of us to level up before you give up!

in WvW

Posted by: gandhigonewild.3645

gandhigonewild.3645

I leveled up to 60 so far in Devona’s Rest and Kaineng…both are pretty empty PvE wise. Some of the lower levels had groups downing bosses,but after that things get pretty spread out. You really stop seeing decent sized groups doing quests after level 30.

Level 80 Norn Warrior
Kætilmund [LaZy] -Kaineng