Lag in WvW is Horrid

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: Rom.3048

Rom.3048

Last 2 days lag has been so bad skills wont fire off, makes game unplayable for me at least.
Thought it was just my connection at first, them heard many more complaining. Is something being done about this?

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Not just you.. lots of complaints on Underworld Eternal Battlegrounds.. its got unplayable and I am not just talking within a 3-way SM lagfest… small tower skirmishes are seeing the old skill lag issues become so ridiculous.. but I guess ANET doesn’t care otherwise it would do something about this… sure some might be our side on occasion but this skill lag and lag glitching is effecting far too many players now for it to be anything other than server side!

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

The lag is as big of an issue as culling was. In fact it makes the culling fix – irrelevant. Now you can see the enemy – and can’t do anything about it, not even heal yourself. You could as well not see the enemy at all.

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

They dont care. It’s clear they have no interest in WvW. I have no idea why they added it in the first place when its constantly being ignored everywhere else gets new content except WvW…

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

They dont care. It’s clear they have no interest in WvW. I have no idea why they added it in the first place when its constantly being ignored everywhere else gets new content except WvW…

Noooo. This is so not true. ANET has plans to keep increasing siege and to remove the PvP aspect. Wrecking WvW is the only way they can actually get people to play s/tPvP

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Noooo. This is so not true. ANET has plans to keep increasing siege and to remove the PvP aspect. Wrecking WvW is the only way they can actually get people to play s/tPvP

Oh kitten get over it, scoring points is based on capturing and holding structures, ‘hand to hand’ fights (since that seems to be your narrow idea of player vs player) are just an organic result of that.

Whispers with meat.

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

It’s a fairly simple fact that with any game server, more players requires exponentially more resources to maintain the same level of performance, and there is a limit to computing resources. This game clearly does not function with blobs of 50+ players spamming each other, and yet, nothing has been done to discourage massive blobbing with either a hard de-buff or making it wildly inefficient point wise.

That’s really all there is to it.

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

simple solution. lots of player → lots of skills executing → stress on resources (cpu, memory).

so reduce the number of players per world per map by half.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: Hotty.4073

Hotty.4073

I haven’t had any problems with WvW lag.

20MBPS MN, USA, graphics: best appearance, high pvp settings and unlimited FPS.

It might be servers, world location, internet connection or computer setup. With my experience its computer setup and internet connection.

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

It’s a fairly simple fact that with any game server, more players requires exponentially more resources to maintain the same level of performance, and there is a limit to computing resources. This game clearly does not function with blobs of 50+ players spamming each other, and yet, nothing has been done to discourage massive blobbing with either a hard de-buff or making it wildly inefficient point wise.

That does seem to be it. It is all good until the “blob v. blob” encounters and then my skills I hit just flash while I am engulfed by red circles and I pretty much wait to die. This is with video on lowest quality and a decent internet connection.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I mostly agree with this post. No game with multi-skill options to my knowledge has this level of PvP scale. The easy route to “fix” this issue is to scale down the matches which is best done by encouraging teams to break apart. They could also scale down the amount of data needed to process or disseminate (more caps, fewer conditions, etc) but I think this would not go over well.

That does seem to be it. It is all good until the “blob v. blob” encounters and then my skills I hit just flash while I am engulfed by red circles and I pretty much wait to die. This is with video on lowest quality and a decent internet connection.

His response is basically saying your client has little if nothing to do with this lag. It is mostly server side. Hundreds of players in the same location sending hundreds of commands per second, effecting hundreds of players per second then calculating all that out and sending the updates down to each effected client has an exponential overhead that no reasonable modern server architecture can handle.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

This problem will never be fixed guys, just live with it.

Maybe when GW3 Release, and that they build it on a next gen engine.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: Monsoon.2589

Monsoon.2589

/dramatic announcer voice over

In a world were every second counts…
(scenes of people fighting in SM)
Where split second decision means life or death
(wall being hit by treb/people pvdoor’ing)
What the…
(cut to kid talking into a headset)
“this is bull**** my skills are not firing…NOOO !!!!”
(a giant hammer hits the camera and screen turns black)

Lagwars2, this….(buffering)…time its the…(buffering)…server
(disconnected: your connection to the server was lost)

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

You could always move to a less stacked server. More people equals more lag. I never have lag on the server we’re on unless RNG decides to pit us against one of the omega zergs with 100 people running around on all maps 24/7. I for one hope they don’t do anything about the lag when there’s a ridiculous amount of people on the map. That will just encourage further bandwagon server stacking and zerging. Maybe people will take a hint and filter down into some of the lesser populated servers.

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

gennyt.3428

You could always move to a less stacked server. More people equals more lag. I never have lag on the server we’re on unless RNG decides to pit us against one of the omega zergs with 100 people running around on all maps 24/7. I for one hope they don’t do anything about the lag when there’s a ridiculous amount of people on the map. That will just encourage further bandwagon server stacking and zerging. Maybe people will take a hint and filter down into some of the lesser populated servers.

No. Anet needs to get their kitten together instead of people having to leave their communities behind.

Whispers with meat.

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

^In other words, I want to keep facerolling over smaller servers we face so I can stay in the upper tiers and not be punished for it. because in this game, numbers >actual skill.

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

gennyt.3428

No and stop projecting your kitten into what is a simple clear cut statement. Thank you.

Whispers with meat.

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

Well this IS only a problem on super stacked servers, whether you want to accept that or not. The maps simply can’t handle that many people at once on them, all in one spot, firing off skills. They need to get heavy handed with this and force transfer people or reduce the population cap per map.

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

Pretty much this ^

24 servers in North America and 21 in Europe. If there are too many people on your server, you can always transfer. Lots of servers have no skill lag problems. Like Borlis. Skill lag only happens once in a blue moon, and I know its almost non-existent the further down the ladder you go.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

I think there is something weird going on this weekend. There is a certain type of skill lag that we are all more familiar with related to big 3 way battles in and around keeps that behaves a certain way but the skill lag I’ve been experiencing this weekend is very different which only complicates ANET problem in trying to fix things. It is hard to explain but skills and actions that never use to lag during typical battles like dodge and F skills are much more laggy making me think there is some network isp problem staking on top of the already typical skill lag. I’ve seen some weird stuff lately, warping and such so not sure what is going on.

On the bright side, seen more queues on a late Monday nite than normal, maybe we got lower WvW map caps sometime recently? That would be cool to test out if this weird other stuff wasn’t going on.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

As a game designer I would be ashamed of releasing a product in this state. I understand that certain conditions must be met in order for the performance to go down to unacceptable levels but; why are these conditions even allowed?

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Transfer to another server because Anet never tested the full server load? No thanks

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

To be Honest, it’s been Hectic for me as well; the outrageous Laggs and Crashes.

Hell Breaks Lose with 10+ zerges; it’s Outrageous.

Another Problems/Issues that been Plaguing WvW for far too Long.

In between 7 days, I’m able to play 4 days without Chaos.

It’s is very Obvious to everyone that the Servers are capped with players; Common Sense Screams. "Why Not Limit The Player Base Capasity on those Server’?

Unfortunately

That haven’t comeabout.

Seriously,

(What a waste of worlds with 1/4 occupants).

Very Tragic.

Seriously

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Don’t lose your hope yet. As of the next update, particle effects are to be finally fixed after more than a year of being constantly and vocally requested. So I guess in one or two years this might get looked as well, you just need to have patience.

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

Wrecking WvW is the only way they can actually get people to play s/tPvP

Or it can get people to quit

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: kelman.9451

kelman.9451

It is because there are too many players on screen at one time, fix is limit amount of players per map possible and/or join one of the bottom ranking servers where less people play WvW thus smaller zerg size.

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: Dragon Title Hunter.9176

Dragon Title Hunter.9176

It’s funny. I never had skill lag until about 2 weeks ago. Now it’s just a joke, as soon as you hit a zerg you cross your fingers and hope you don’t die.

For the fun of it they should lower the number of people allowed in to wvw and have an overflow so people can still have wvw waiting to get onto their own wvw map.

(edited by Dragon Title Hunter.9176)

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: Joxer.4807

Joxer.4807

I have random lag spikes that often make me die during a fight.

Aurin Striate – Engineer – Ring of Fire

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Fix: More bandwidth, more server resources.

Simply put, take that money I spent to buy the GW2: Collectors Edition on the day it went up for pre-purchase, and the money I’m spending on the cash shop, and invest it into the content I care about. Stop spending my personal support of the game on frivolous uninspired PvE bull!%#&, and give me the game you advertised already. I feel like I’m still waiting for GW2 to actually release like I’m supporting some !#$%ing kickstarter program that may never see the light of day…

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Simply put, take that money I spent to buy the GW2: Collectors Edition on the day it went up for pre-purchase, and the money I’m spending on the cash shop, and invest it into the content I care about. Stop spending my personal support of the game on frivolous uninspired PvE bull!%#&, and give me the game you advertised already. I feel like I’m still waiting for GW2 to actually release like I’m supporting some !#$%ing kickstarter program that may never see the light of day…

Unless they put WvW only items in the Gem Shop.. PvE makes them money, WvW doesn’t… hence the PvE updates. Money drives everything.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

This to me is the biggest issue. I can’t stand the lag, but I don’t mind spamming 1 because I’ve built my character to do big direct damage. What gets to me though is I can’t heal.

I’ve contemplated traiting into complete beastmastery and regeneration and just stand there while my pet does all the work. At least then I would probably stay alive.

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Obscure One.4357

LilMcGinlkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny.3890:

Unless they put WvW only items in the Gem Shop.. PvE makes them money, WvW doesn’t… hence the PvE updates. Money drives everything.

That’s a misconception.

NCSoft makes the money off the gem store. Then they decide the budget and for what the budget shall be used in meetings with ANet develeopment leadership. Korean gaming structure favors filler content to grind on and whattayaknow, GW2 has so much that they’re giving it away for free and then literally throwing it away like it’s got an expiration date.

Your absolutely right, money drives everything.

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

They are very lucky that there aren’t any other games that do RvR that have come out at this time. I wonder what happens soon when more RvR games are introduced.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Obscure One.4357

The answer to that question is obvious. We all leave, and they’ll be glad to be rid of us flaming their forums so they can focus on running their PvE Special Olympics, where everyone gets a gold medal just for showing up:

Hey there. Can you press 1 alot? Hurray! Here’s a gold medal, some achievement points, a guaranteed rare drop, a chance at a precursor, and you’re one step closer to that next achievement point tier! Yay! Your very a special player!

At the current rate of improvement its just a matter of time till I uninstall, and that length of time is directly related to the release of Bungie’s Destiny on PC.

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Calae.1738

I don’t think it’s a hardware issue. I think it’s a game design issue. Their engine has limitations and for what ever reason they believe that some lag in some situations is acceptable.

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Calae.1738

The answer to that question is obvious. We all leave, and they’ll be glad to be rid of us flaming their forums so they can focus on running their PvE Special Olympics, where everyone gets a gold medal just for showing up:

Hey there. Can you press 1 alot? Hurray! Here’s a gold medal, some achievement points, a guaranteed rare drop, a chance at a precursor, and you’re one step closer to that next achievement point tier! Yay! Your very a special player!

At the current rate of improvement its just a matter of time till I uninstall, and that length of time is directly related to the release of Bungie’s Destiny on PC.

You’re not the only one. A lot of us are just hanging around because there isn’t anything better at the moment.

Lag in WvW is Horrid

in WvW

Obscure One.4357

I don’t think it’s a hardware issue. I think it’s a game design issue. Their engine has limitations and for what ever reason they believe that some lag in some situations is acceptable.

They generally have poor server architecture and game optimization, and no indication of fixing that…like ever. Random disconnects still occur at least once a week for me, the queue system is bugged and varies depending on which zone your located in when you queue, the Trading Post/Gem Store periodically bugs out with an “Invalid Authorization” forcing a total client reset if you want to restore functionality, moving objects do not always properly render client side relative to actual location server side (ex: Dolyaks), and to top it all off when this Massively Multiplayer game actually becomes a Massively Multiplayer fight the system cannot manage all of the processes creating skill-lag, and when it ends it’s counter method of cutting process Time lingers in the form of “server-quickness”.

The engine doesn’t do them any favors, but that server architecture is an atrocity.