Legendary Armor and WvW [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

So it’s official. Only way to get legendary armor will be by doing pve. No random drop in wvw or anywhere else- it’s go dance around some stupid pve boss mechanic, execute your toon’s dance correctly and collect your reward.

So those that probably almost never change their build will have the armor that would be most useful in wvw…

If only I could face repeating the same gimmick mechanics 1000 times whilst trying not to fall asleep from the sheer boredom of it all I’d be working on some legendary armor.

I will laugh at the first person I see wearing it in wvw. But then, as an Anet guy once said, all us wvw’rs are really pve’rs in disguise anyway…

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

im not even mad

in WvW

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I’m confused why it took you 2 years to realize that legendary armor was raid only. Like was the raid only Legendary Collections not a big enough hint?

Also I’m pretty sure most raid bosses are harder than blobbing

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in WvW

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

WvW players don’t even have an Ascended Vendor (even the game mode that doesn’t use Armor Stats or tiers has an Ascended Vendor) and you thought that the powers that be would proved WvW with access to a Legendary Armor?

Welcome to the most neglected gamemode.

And in two years they have only stated that’s Raids would be the only way to obtain Legendary Armor

in WvW

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

wvw players dont get legendary armor
spvp players dont get legendary armor
pve players in all parts of the game apart from a small segment of the game do not get legendary armor.

Anet is going down a very strange route or something or someone with prior history in another game perhaps is influencing their design decisions in a bad way. There is no way a feature that has used up this much resource and yet targets such a small portion of the player base should be prioritized.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Never expected it to be available anywhere except for raids, don’t know why anyone else would, don’t even care to put an ascended vendor in wvw.

They put in all that time to create armor that really the only part that will be legendary is the animation not the looks, and for a small portion of the playerbase, makes no sense to me. But then again when you can’t offer any vertical progression it’s the only thing they can do. Also does every armor since HoT have to have pointy stuff everywhere, the light armor looks so terrible.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Suppose they wanted to allow you to earn legendary armour in WvW.

Do they put it behind reward tracks? Then it’s just a test of time. Play WvW long enough, get legendary armour.

Do they make it require badges of honour? Then it will go those with the most kills – those that blob up and press 1. Run with the zerg, get legendary armour.

Do they tie it to server victory? PPT hard enough / stack server coverage well enough – get legendary armour?

I can see arguments for all of these options, or some combination of them, but none of them are very appealing. They reward the worst parts of WvW and are not skill-based.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I’m confused why it took you 2 years to realize that legendary armor was raid only. Like was the raid only Legendary Collections not a big enough hint?

Also I’m pretty sure most raid bosses are harder than blobbing

I didn’t. Just expressing my continuing disappointment at the neglect of my favoured game mode.

Most raid bosses are just gimmick and timing- jump here, move here, spam from here, avoid this telegraphed attack, rinse and repeat until down. Learn off by heart and it never changes.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

They may choose to provide legendary armour for the other game modes at some point. Until then, I’m not going to worry about content in games I don’t play!

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

I certainly hope that legendary armour cannot be used in wvw if it is pve only there is no viable way of attaining it via wvw …surely that is only fair.

in WvW

Posted by: Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

I certainly hope that legendary armour cannot be used in wvw if it is pve only there is no viable way of attaining it via wvw …surely that is only fair.

Yes

[Rekz] Another Dead WvW Guild

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

Oh so they should disable Ascended armor and all HoT stats in WvW and all Legendary armors?? Smh people, Legendary Armor isn’t a Stat increase or any advantage besides convenience they won’t be better than you in any way for having Legendary Armor vs Ascended and it’s no different than Ascended vs Exotic.

in WvW

Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

still disable cuz while I still have to have 7 armor sets for wvw and now kids with legendary only need 1 since they can change their runes anytime.

in WvW

Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

or give wvw players free rune extractors and changing our ascended armor stats for free too, problem solved.

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

still disable cuz while I still have to have 7 armor sets for wvw and now kids with legendary only need 1 since they can change their runes anytime.

Oh nooo some one spent more time, effort and gold working on an armor set that cost more than all 7 of yours combined gets to stay swap and Rune swap if they own both as separate items in their inventory. How the world is coming to an end…..

(edited by BlaqueFyre.5678)

in WvW

Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

you assume I only have 7 for one heavy characteer while I have 7 other sets for medium and light, that is roughly over 10k gold I spent so your point for some kid with legendary armor that is worth a avg legendary wpn?

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

you assume I only have 7 for one heavy characteer while I have 7 other sets for medium and light, that is roughly over 10k gold I spent so your point for some kid with legendary armor that is worth a avg legendary wpn?

Again I said effort in my last post, as in the effort put forth to complete the collections cost wasn’t the only thing I mentioned, woooo !!!

in WvW

Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

what effort for the collection when ppl just buy them??!?!?!

in WvW

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Don’t talk about something if you dont know about it… And yes, this specific set will be raids only. That doesnt mean that theres no cha ce for other game modes to get their own (even tho i dont see it with the kitten they get from players for both the rune system and the looks).

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

what effort for the collection when ppl just buy them??!?!?!

You mean like how your bought your Ascended sets? So you put no effort in for your Ascended sets because you would have bought them? You are making this too easy

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

Don’t talk about something if you dont know about it… And yes, this specific set will be raids only. That doesnt mean that theres no cha ce for other game modes to get their own (even tho i dont see it with the kitten they get from players for both the rune system and the looks).

Again WvW doesn’t even have an Ascended Vendor when every other “challenging” gamemode has one, you expect them to make a Legendary armor Solely for WvW with Solely WvW acquisition?? Bahahaha

in WvW

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Again WvW doesn’t even have an Ascended Vendor when every other “challenging” gamemode has one, you expect them to make a Legendary armor Solely for WvW with Solely WvW acquisition?? Bahahaha

And why not? Legendary armor is the strongest driving force for wvwers to play wvw repeatedly if one is out. But true its far easier first to give asc ventors in there.

in WvW

Posted by: paleonal.1280

paleonal.1280

What makes this game great to me is the possibility to get the best gear/rewards in the game doing whatever I want to, if I want to pvp and just do that for the rest of my life, I can. That’s why I came to Gw2, because I was tired of MUST make PVE to get my PVP armor in other games.

By putting Legendary Armor only obtainable after I clear a raid, I don’t need to explain why this is a huge mistake. I don’t matter to farm it 100x harder on pvp as long that I still can have it, as long the possibility still there. Players that makes raids MUST get it easier for SURE, but to me, what makes this game unique is everybody can have their legendary weapons doing anything they please.
Please, don’t tell the gamer what we should do, don’t make the other mmorpgs mistake, they are all falling. LET WE CHOOSE what we want to do, don’t FORCE us to do raids/dungeons.

I know elitists players will disagree but think about it, you are a pve exclusive player and the best gear is only avaliable through pvp, how would you feel?

Thanks.

[Edit 1]: I had to edit this to explain that I’m talking about WvW not SPvP.
[Edit 2]: Had to edit again because I’ve made this topic on Guild Wars 2 Discussion and then the moderator changed to WvW, after that I realise there was already another topic talking about the same subject on WvW tab, just to clarify. Moderator, feel free to merge this topic if you want.

(edited by paleonal.1280)

in WvW

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

In a perfect world, where ANet had enough devs and resources, we would have PvP, WvW, Fractal and Raid Legendary armour – all different designs (although with these latest designs I’d be very worried lol).

But if they ever added more WvW should get it first, cause they’ve been sorta ignored – and I don’t even like WvW. At least in Fractal and PvP we got Legendary back pieces.

I guess I’ll see you all in 6 years! :-D

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

This game is being hijacked by a game devs. who think raids are the only way forward for gw2. From new elite specialization (being mostly stronger and pushes classes to being only one build) to balancing now to the best armor in the game the only thing left to do for gw2 is to add in a gear treadmill and this is a stander mmorpg. It realty feels like GW2 has comply fallen off of its base ideal.

In a perfect world, where ANet had enough devs and resources, we would have PvP, WvW, Fractal and Raid Legendary armour – all different designs (although with these latest designs I’d be very worried lol).

But if they ever added more WvW should get it first, cause they’ve been sorta ignored – and I don’t even like WvW. At least in Fractal and PvP we got Legendary back pieces.

I guess I’ll see you all in 6 years! :-D

I get what your saying but Anet is putting every thing into raids and raids only. They are putting all there work into a game type that only the top gear players and top organized groups with very lock on numbers and timing.

Even from the stand point of logic this is foolish. All of your work into one game type or the all your eggs in one holder type of working is doom to fail.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I get what your saying but Anet is putting every thing into raids and raids only. They are putting all there work into a game type that only the top gear players and top organized groups with very lock on numbers and timing.

Even from the stand point of logic this is foolish. All of your work into one game type or the all your eggs in one holder type of working is doom to fail.

So, there is nothing to do and no rewards/goals to pursue in any of the LS3 chapters or zones? There won’t be anything in the new chapter next week? While I think that locking L. Armor behind raids was good for raids but not for the game as a whole, I think you’re over-reacting just a bit.

in WvW

Posted by: beatthedown.2651

beatthedown.2651

Well it’s time to get into raiding boys. Like MO said, if you are into WvW, you probably also love PVE. Zergfights? Roaming? Come on guys, it’s basically the same as raiding!

in WvW

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

I’m pretty sure now, anet will release new aerial combat with new legendary gliders with stats, but you can only obtain it in wvw, the only place you can’t glide.

in WvW

Jski.6180

So, there is nothing to do and no rewards/goals to pursue in any of the LS3 chapters or zones? There won’t be anything in the new chapter next week? While I think that locking L. Armor behind raids was good for raids but not for the game as a whole, I think you’re over-reacting just a bit.

Most of the things locked behind LS3 each eps. where things you can do in a day unless the nods where broken. L. Armor i get should be hard to get but to put it all into raids is worst then the L. Weapons and the work you had to put into that. Its more then that too raids have comply taken over gw2 a game type that needs players to grind to make this game into a job every thing that GW2 should not be. This is not over-reacting this is what readying happening to this game.

And this is the WORST way to add L. Armor into the game and the worst thing that going to happen to gw2.

in WvW

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I get what your saying but Anet is putting every thing into raids and raids only.

You are mistaken.

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

They should just put Legendary Armor and Weapons in the Gem Shop and stop pretending GW2 has some form of “progression”.

in WvW

Posted by: Rawr.9467

Rawr.9467

What makes this game great to me is the possibility to get the best gear/rewards in the game doing whatever I want to, if I want to pvp and just do that for the rest of my life, I can. That’s why I came to Gw2, because I was tired of MUST make PVE to get my PVP armor in other games.

By putting Legendary Armor only obtainable after I clear a raid, I don’t need to explain why this is a huge mistake. I don’t matter to farm it 100x harder on pvp as long that I still can have it, as long the possibility still there. Players that makes raids MUST get it easier for SURE, but to me, what makes this game unique is everybody can have their legendary weapons doing anything they please.

Your point makes no sense to me. You say you are a pure PvP player so then you don’t need any armour to begin with. Why should you have access to unique rewards if you have no use for them? You want the skins then go play the game type associated with it.

You are in no way getting less than a raider. You have access to all ascended trinkets, armour and weapons through sole PvP play which puts you on par with a raider. This should still make no difference because, as you have already said, you are a pure PvP player so you don’t even need the gear.

Clarify why you need this gear and what advantage raiders have over PvP players because I’m not seeing it.

in WvW

paleonal.1280

Clarify why you need this gear and what advantage raiders have over PvP players because I’m not seeing it.

It’s not only a matter of needing it’s a matter of choice, and I’m not an Spvp player, I’m a WvW player. I’d like to give an exemple from a movie called “Matrix” – 1999. Guess most people saw this movie, if you don’t, I recommend.

What’s between Matrix and Gw2? Both are simulations, all 3d mmorpgs games are simulations, you are simulating that you are in this world, immersion.
In the movie, the matrix has failed an amount of time and they discovered by the oracle the reason was CHOICE.Even though it is a movie, it correspond to reality.
The simulation in the movie was made to be perfect and STILL failed because it doens’t gave the “player” a choice, even if it was a “fake” choice.
Why games like GTA and Skyrim was a success? In my opinion, one of the many things was because it allow the player to play it how THEY WANT to play. CHOICE is the center of success in those games, freedom.

And it was also (to me) what makes Gw2 special, but when you making the best gear in the game only obtainable by raiding, you are not giving me a choice, the only choice I have here is either do raids or quit game if I want to stand a chance to play against someone is fully geared.

Don’t try to be another World of Warcraft ANET, GW2 is great because it’s different.

in WvW

Jski.6180

Your point makes no sense to me. You say you are a pure PvP player so then you don’t need any armour to begin with. Why should you have access to unique rewards if you have no use for them? You want the skins then go play the game type associated with it.

You are in no way getting less than a raider. You have access to all ascended trinkets, armour and weapons through sole PvP play which puts you on par with a raider. This should still make no difference because, as you have already said, you are a pure PvP player so you don’t even need the gear.

As the ppl who tend to do raids more then most have the best armor most gold etc.. in the game or over all know as the haves and the ppl who tend to do pvp only have less or the have nots. The raiders are more able to swap combos on there armor then the pvp players so yes pvp players need legendary armor then raiders.

That and in a lot of ways there more viable builds in pvp then there are in raids and being able to swap combos on the fly is way more important in pvp then in raids too. Relay the very ideal of legendary effects of swapping fits the old gw2 and that is pvp aimed way more then the new gw2 of raids.

Legendary weapons and armor fit the gw2 play the way you want to seen some what in pvp even open pve. Raids is play the way you need to or play with this set of gear and this rune set and this build and this class or please do not raid with my group…. if any thing legendary items are waited on raids because they are never going to be changed.

Sry for answering for him and if this is not want he believe but there is something very wrong here and anet needs to know this. So this is less in response to you and more of anet.

@anet for the love of your game please stop stop it now before its too late. Gw2 was the different mmorpg and your making it into a gear grind mmorpg. Where you must have a gear score a dps meters heal boons up time etc.. and a comp of the right classes and builds. You cant play the way you want to for the items you want to only get new skills and gear that you will never get to show to ppl because every one you know will have them because you as a player are only playing with ppl who can and will only play one game type. Effect your making gw2 into what the USA is becoming super polarized into there own bubbles.

in WvW

Rawr.9467

As the ppl who tend to do raids more then most have the best armor most gold etc.. in the game or over all know as the haves and the ppl who tend to do pvp only have less or the have nots. The raiders are more able to swap combos on there armor then the pvp players so yes pvp players need legendary armor then raiders.

Let’s stick to the topic here. A pure PvP player is saying that Legendary gear is only available to Raiders and thus he is missing out. He only PvP’s. When is he going to use this gear?

That and in a lot of ways there more viable builds in pvp then there are in raids and being able to swap combos on the fly is way more important in pvp then in raids too. Relay the very ideal of legendary effects of swapping fits the old gw2 and that is pvp aimed way more then the new gw2 of raids.

You can change builds on the fly in PvP regardless of what armour you have and it is all free. If you do not understand how PvP works then please, first read up on what you are talking about.

Legendary weapons and armor fit the gw2 play the way you want to seen some what in pvp even open pve. Raids is play the way you need to or play with this set of gear and this rune set and this build and this class or please do not raid with my group…. if any thing legendary items are waited on raids because they are never going to be changed.

You are going off topic again. He is saying that Raiders have an advantage which is not the case because you don’t need gear in PvP. A player with white armour has the exact same stats as one with legendary. A level 2 player has the exact same stats as a level 80. Please read up on how the PvP system works. If he wants the gear for skins then it is a want – he is at no disadvantage.

Sry for answering for him and if this is not want he believe but there is something very wrong here and anet needs to know this. So this is less in response to you and more of anet.

@anet for the love of your game please stop stop it now before its too late. Gw2 was the different mmorpg and your making it into a gear grind mmorpg. Where you must have a gear score a dps meters heal boons up time etc.. and a comp of the right classes and builds. You cant play the way you want to for the items you want to only get new skills and gear that you will never get to show to ppl because every one you know will have them because you as a player are only playing with ppl who can and will only play one game type. Effect your making gw2 into what the USA is becoming super polarized into there own bubbles.

There is nothing wrong with gating content behind different game types. It is called incentive. If everyone gets the same rewards for doing different things then what’s the point? I want to show people that I’m a hardcore PvP player and worked at getting that legendary backpack just as much as I want to show off my Legendary armour to prove that I am a Raider.

in WvW

Posted by: Robles.7458

Robles.7458

And it was also (to me) what makes Gw2 special, but when you making the best gear in the game only obtainable by raiding, you are not giving me a choice, the only choice I have here is either do raids or quit game if I want to stand a chance to play against someone is fully geared.

In pvp you don’t need legendary gear because you already have all the stats and runes you need. In pvp it does not matter if you use exotic or ascended or even white items, you always have the same stats. Saying that someone with legendary items is more powerful in pvp is not true.

However, in wvw stats do matter but ascended is as powerful as legendary, so again you don’t need legendary items, only ascended.

in WvW

Jski.6180

@ Rawr.9467 most ppl are not talking about spvp they are talking about wvw. If they where not i mixed up what they where asking and talking about (there was also promise of an spvp legendary armor set a long time ago so i can see why ppl where anoyed by this being a raid thing only if you where an spvp player). So keep that in mind i am talking about wvw where you have the least reward for time least access to high in gear. Over all the places in the game where you do changes your combo a lot and where you show off your armor or the things you build up to show off over all.

At the end of the day your a raider and all the ppl arone you are raiders too so they have the same looking skins and more then likely a set combo that never gets changes.

in WvW

Rawr.9467

@ Rawr.9467 most ppl are not talking about spvp they are talking about wvw. If they where not i mixed up what they where asking and talking about (there was also promise of an spvp legendary armor set a long time ago so i can see why ppl where anoyed by this being a raid thing only if you where an spvp player). So keep that in mind i am talking about wvw where you have the least reward for time least access to high in gear. Over all the places in the game where you do changes your combo a lot and where you show off your armor or the things you build up to show off over all.

At the end of the day your a raider and all the ppl arone you are raiders too so they have the same looking skins and more then likely a set combo that never gets changes.

He said PvP he did not say WvW. I am sticking to what the OP said and not what you assume.

Even if he meant WvW and not PvP the same point sticks. It is significantly cheaper to own ascended armour than legendary. Furthermore, Anet have given us the options to change the stats on our gear and it costs very little. Is it a hassle? Definitely. Is it a hassle to make the legendary armour though? Even more so.

If you cannot afford to change your ascended gear and runes once in a while then you definitely cannot afford legendary armour anyway.

So again I maintain that this is not a need but a want. You WANT legendary armour because it is convenient once you have it. But no, it is not a need.

in WvW

Posted by: Verthurnax.2784

Verthurnax.2784

Please, don’t tell the gamer what we should do, don’t make the other mmorpgs mistake, they are all falling. LET WE CHOOSE what we want to do, don’t FORCE us to do raids/dungeons.

I know elitists players will disagree but think about it, you are a pve exclusive player and the best gear is only avaliable through pvp, how would you feel?

Thanks.

If you are into pvp may i ask you why you need a legendary armor for ? If it was wvw i would understand, but PVP ? Also i remind you that most pve players that wanted the wings of ascension where forced to play pvp, so you can grind into raids if you want it so bad. And with raids you can get a free percursor, after we all need to grind more to make the others. In conclusion this post doesn’t make any sense, bye.

in WvW

Jski.6180

He said PvP he did not say WvW. I am sticking to what the OP said and not what you assume.

Even if he meant WvW and not PvP the same point sticks. It is significantly cheaper to own ascended armour than legendary. Furthermore, Anet have given us the options to change the stats on our gear and it costs very little. Is it a hassle? Definitely. Is it a hassle to make the legendary armour though? Even more so.

If you cannot afford to change your ascended gear and runes once in a while then you definitely cannot afford legendary armour anyway.

So again I maintain that this is not a need but a want. You WANT legendary armour because it is convenient once you have it. But no, it is not a need.

The cost to swap is ungodly high and its getting worst do you know what you need to changes them?

YES ppl want legendary because of convenient that what is GW2. Most ppl want all armor and weapons to be like that because they want to play the game not have a job. That was the point of GW2 and what made it different from the other mmorpgs.

in WvW

paleonal.1280

If you are into pvp may i ask you why you need a legendary armor for ? If it was wvw i would understand, but PVP ? Also i remind you that most pve players that wanted the wings of ascension where forced to play pvp, so you can grind into raids if you want it so bad. And with raids you can get a free percursor, after we all need to grind more to make the others. In conclusion this post doesn’t make any sense, bye.

I was talking about WvW, sorry, already edit the topic so people don’t get confused again. it was my fault not saying that all was about WvW :P

Another way to fix this is making WvW like SPvP gear, you choose it and everybody have the same gear, I would be ok with that and not worrying about LArmor anyway… But still thinking everybody should have a way even it’s 100x harder like I told, to get the gear. Again, it’s what makes Gw2 be what it is and not like other mmorpgs.

in WvW

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

In pvp you don’t need legendary gear because you already have all the stats and runes you need. In pvp it does not matter if you use exotic or ascended or even white items, you always have the same stats. Saying that someone with legendary items is more powerful in pvp is not true.

However, in wvw stats do matter but ascended is as powerful as legendary, so again you don’t need legendary items, only ascended.

I guess people can want things for reasons other than the purely mechanical though?

For the aesthetic? (ok, so maybe not in this case lol, but you get what I mean).

Just because he’s a PvP’r, and mechanically the armor serves him no purpose in PvP, that doesn’t mean he shouldn’t want it. Or desire it.

I guess the question is, why is raiding the only game mode “blessed” with legendary armour?

Yes, as an incentive for raiders, but I’m talking about in the over scope of the game and MMO’s in general. Why is raiding almost always the magical child?

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

in WvW

Rawr.9467

I guess people can want things for reasons other than the purely mechanical though.

For the aesthetic? (ok, so maybe not in this case lol, but you get what I mean).

Just because he’s a PvP’r, and mechanically the armor serves him no purpose in PvP, that doesn’t mean he shouldn’t want it. Or desire it.

I guess the question is, why is raiding the only game mode “blessed” with legendary armour?

Yes, as an incentive for raiders, but I’m talking about in the over scope of the game and MMO’s in general. Why is raiding almost always the magical child?

I already explained my point. This was a post about advantage and need not desires and wants. I wouldn’t have commented if the OP had simply written “I want legendary gear available to all game modes” because that would have been nothing new.

but the OP said need and disadvantage which is just wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Why on earth do you need 7 armour sets? I think I have 2 at the most per toon. Why 7?

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

You can’t get anything Legendary from any form of PvP alone.

Legendary Armor is the pinnacle of PvE rewards.

in WvW

Rawr.9467

You can’t get anything Legendary from any form of PvP alone.

Legendary Armor is the pinnacle of PvE rewards.

The Ascension.

in WvW

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

At this point I’d say it’s best to ignore those mindlessly defending raiding domination on the rest of the game and see about cutting our losses to save what little remains of the other modes.

Legendary armor has pushed thing to the point that all legendaries outside of their cosmetic appearance should have all abilities completely negated in WVW and PvP. Raids when done wrong as I view the path Anet has taken can and will destroy an MMO. The field is literally filled with sunken WoW killers who died due to poor raid implementation and overfocusing.

In WVW and PvP core and elites should be equal in power and legendary items shouldn’t be allowed to swap stats moving forward. A PvP match will start and the raider will have an unfair advantage over dedicated PvP players for they can see the composition change their build, change their armor stats, and even change their rubes without much effort at all. When you add in the swap change from legendary weapons and backpack it’s too much the scales of balance are too much. Anet pushed it too far these raiders say the games at the best balance its ever been but that’s only for raid builds and raids builds alone the pvp build are different and all PvP oriented modes have taken a drastic nosedive since Anet went on this raid warpath. So if they want to make legendary armor for raiders keep it out of PvP, WVW, and Fractals. I view Fractals as the most balanced and defined mode in this game and the last thing I want to see are Fractals that require near full legendary gear with rune swap so they can tailor their builds quickly for each and every fractal. The meta is speed and being able to flip your entire build outside of a few trinkets will effect the speed and effectiveness of a party.

Before all that though the raiders will turn on themselves as legendaryvrune and stat swaps will shave a few seconds off a raidbrun and thus legendary armor will replace legendary insights as a raid requirement and thus we go full circle.

in WvW

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

On one side iam kind of upset, but on the other side: they are butt ugly.

in WvW

Rawr.9467

At this point I’d say it’s best to ignore those mindlessly defending raiding domination on the rest of the game and see about cutting our losses to save what little remains of the other modes.

Legendary armor has pushed thing to the point that all legendaries outside of their cosmetic appearance should have all abilities completely negated in WVW and PvP. Raids when done wrong as I view the path Anet has taken can and will destroy an MMO. The field is literally filled with sunken WoW killers who died due to poor raid implementation and overfocusing.

In WVW and PvP core and elites should be equal in power and legendary items shouldn’t be allowed to swap stats moving forward. A PvP match will start and the raider will have an unfair advantage over dedicated PvP players for they can see the composition change their build, change their armor stats, and even change their rubes without much effort at all. When you add in the swap change from legendary weapons and backpack it’s too much the scales of balance are too much. Anet pushed it too far these raiders say the games at the best balance its ever been but that’s only for raid builds and raids builds alone the pvp build are different and all PvP oriented modes have taken a drastic nosedive since Anet went on this raid warpath. So if they want to make legendary armor for raiders keep it out of PvP, WVW, and Fractals. .

Have you ever played PvP before? You can stat swap gear as it is. Please read up on how PvP works before saying things like:

“A PvP match will start and the raider will have an unfair advantage over dedicated PvP players for they can see the composition change their build, change their armor stats, and even change their rubes without much effort at all”

Anyone can do that regardless of gear.

Please learn about the game modes you all keep advocating because it seems most of you here don’t really understand how PvP really works.

in WvW

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Legendary armor was added to raids for one reason, to get people to play raids. look at dungeons, they got nuked because ANet wants people to play fractles. ANet has form for pushing people towards what they want them to play, and how they should play. All people need to do is have an objective look at what the game was, and what it is now, and you’ll see that if it’s not going to make ANet money it’s not going to be added. If it’s “too much work”(for what ever reason I know somethings can’t be done there is only so much you can mess around with code before it’s a broken mess) it’s not done, by this I mean ANet saying dungeons where too hard to balance…….. there is a lot I don’t get, and probably never will. But I will bet vital parts of my anatomy if they add legendary armor to anything other than raids, raid number will fall to the floor. if another way is thought to be easier, even if it’s not really, just more accessible to a wider player base. Raids will die off like dungeons did.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|