Legendary Armor and WvW [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Rurik.7230

Rurik.7230

At this point I’d say it’s best to ignore those mindlessly defending raiding domination on the rest of the game and see about cutting our losses to save what little remains of the other modes.

Legendary armor has pushed thing to the point that all legendaries outside of their cosmetic appearance should have all abilities completely negated in WVW and PvP. Raids when done wrong as I view the path Anet has taken can and will destroy an MMO. The field is literally filled with sunken WoW killers who died due to poor raid implementation and overfocusing.

In WVW and PvP core and elites should be equal in power and legendary items shouldn’t be allowed to swap stats moving forward. A PvP match will start and the raider will have an unfair advantage over dedicated PvP players for they can see the composition change their build, change their armor stats, and even change their rubes without much effort at all. When you add in the swap change from legendary weapons and backpack it’s too much the scales of balance are too much. Anet pushed it too far these raiders say the games at the best balance its ever been but that’s only for raid builds and raids builds alone the pvp build are different and all PvP oriented modes have taken a drastic nosedive since Anet went on this raid warpath. So if they want to make legendary armor for raiders keep it out of PvP, WVW, and Fractals. .

Have you ever played PvP before? You can stat swap gear as it is. Please read up on how PvP works before saying things like:

“A PvP match will start and the raider will have an unfair advantage over dedicated PvP players for they can see the composition change their build, change their armor stats, and even change their rubes without much effort at all”

Anyone can do that regardless of gear.

Please learn about the game modes you all keep advocating because it seems most of you here don’t really understand how PvP really works.

You’re kitten ed right, and the same is true for WvW since everyone can craft multiple armors/weapons/trinkets for different builds and the price of all of this will be lower than the L. armor’s price…

Even if you need to switch, the several armors option will take less time than the L. armor option!

The only benefit of a L. armor is that you don’t have to fill your inventory with multiple armor sets and maybe (if you like it) the look it provides!

That’s all!!! The ascended stats and the legendary stats ARE THE SAME! The switch option is simply quicker and cheaper if you have several armors… Once more, people are just crying for nothing or just being thoughless!

in WvW

Posted by: paleonal.1280

paleonal.1280

Legendary armor was added to raids for one reason, to get people to play raids.

I agree that raids should reward players with exclusive items, as wvw should, as pvp should and open world should too, as long they are COSMETIC exclusive items. When I look someone that has that raid back piece I know that guy is probably a good pve player.

There are tons of other cosmetic rewards that raid players can have: pets, visual effects, back pieces, armor skins, keys, even tons of gold I would be cool with that.
BUT we are talking about best items in the game, items that WILL have an impact on WvW and open world, items that players will want to get since they farmed they LWeapon anywhere, even crafted it.
There’s people like my GF that only do Open World bosses, events and personal history.

Just think someone who just installed the game, first question he/she make is: How can I get legendary items in the game?
Today’s awnser is: Everywhere, doing what you like!
Tomorrow’s awnser will be:
Raid’s only.
- But I don’t like to raid.
Well, choose another game then.

This topic isn’t to WvW players only, it’s for everyone who don’t want to raid for any reason.

in WvW

Rurik.7230

BUT we are talking about best items in the game, items that WILL have an impact on WvW and open world

Nop! It won’t have an impact on WvW or open world… Already explained!

in WvW

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

At this point I’d say it’s best to ignore those mindlessly defending raiding domination on the rest of the game and see about cutting our losses to save what little remains of the other modes.

Legendary armor has pushed thing to the point that all legendaries outside of their cosmetic appearance should have all abilities completely negated in WVW and PvP. Raids when done wrong as I view the path Anet has taken can and will destroy an MMO. The field is literally filled with sunken WoW killers who died due to poor raid implementation and overfocusing.

In WVW and PvP core and elites should be equal in power and legendary items shouldn’t be allowed to swap stats moving forward. A PvP match will start and the raider will have an unfair advantage over dedicated PvP players for they can see the composition change their build, change their armor stats, and even change their rubes without much effort at all. When you add in the swap change from legendary weapons and backpack it’s too much the scales of balance are too much. Anet pushed it too far these raiders say the games at the best balance its ever been but that’s only for raid builds and raids builds alone the pvp build are different and all PvP oriented modes have taken a drastic nosedive since Anet went on this raid warpath. So if they want to make legendary armor for raiders keep it out of PvP, WVW, and Fractals. .

Have you ever played PvP before? You can stat swap gear as it is. Please read up on how PvP works before saying things like:

“A PvP match will start and the raider will have an unfair advantage over dedicated PvP players for they can see the composition change their build, change their armor stats, and even change their rubes without much effort at all”

Anyone can do that regardless of gear.

Please learn about the game modes you all keep advocating because it seems most of you here don’t really understand how PvP really works.

You’re kitten ed right, and the same is true for WvW since everyone can craft multiple armors/weapons/trinkets for different builds and the price of all of this will be lower than the L. armor’s price…

Even if you need to switch, the several armors option will take less time than the L. armor option!

The only benefit of a L. armor is that you don’t have to fill your inventory with multiple armor sets and maybe (if you like it) the look it provides!

That’s all!!! The ascended stats and the legendary stats ARE THE SAME! The switch option is simply quicker and cheaper if you have several armors… Once more, people are just crying for nothing or just being thoughless!

In a 1-1 comparison you the things each item can both do and can’t do are both excluded instead you compare what one item can do over the other.

In one set of ascended to 1 set of legendary there is no debate that the legendary is superior because it can do things the other cannot and that’s what you compare the state swap and the run swap.

Were not talking about people with multiple armor sets clogging their bags but instead one set of armor compared to another set of armor. The argument I’m hearing is that pvp players need several armors to equal to one set of legendary armor. That sort of odd statement in itself proves my statement and if its the person is going to need countless sets of ascended armor to stay competitive I’d say your only fooling yourself and probably wish for the death of pvp. People reading those kind of comments aren’t going to like those kind of remarks at all.

That type of argument doesn’t hold up anywhere in any situation its like saying the person who uses a single smartphone doesn’t have any advantages as the person lugging around the pager, oldschool flipphone, kindle, camera, handheld gaming device, flashdrive, etc….

It’s not crying nor does it even effect you raiders at all if it’s kept separated from PvP style content seems the raiders and Pve players are crying that they can’t force things on other players. Keep all your toys just keep them on your side of the fence its no big deal nothing I’ve said will have any effect on your raiding or your pve so you can’t use that style of argument against it.

in WvW

Posted by: Robles.7458

Robles.7458

Were not talking about people with multiple armor sets clogging their bags but instead one set of armor compared to another set of armor. The argument I’m hearing is that pvp players need several armors to equal to one set of legendary armor. That sort of odd statement in itself proves my statement and if its the person is going to need countless sets of ascended armor to stay competitive I’d say your only fooling yourself and probably wish for the death of pvp. People reading those kind of comments aren’t going to like those kind of remarks at all.

Why do pvp players need several armor sets? Have you ever played pvp? And more important yet, do you know how the stats work in pvp? Please learn about pvp before saying these arguments.

in WvW

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

Yes, as an incentive for raiders, but I’m talking about in the over scope of the game and MMO’s in general. Why is raiding almost always the magical child?

The answer to that is quite simple, if a bit disheartening. The idea is that greater challenges should give greater rewards and vice versa. Therefore, the greatest reward (legendary armor) should be behind the most challenging gameplay (which for better or worse, ANET has decided should be raids)

Raiding is chosen partially because of precedence (WoW) showing it works (making it a safer investment), and partially because it creates a controlled environment that requires a group of people (teamwork skill) to do their roles to a certain level of proficiency (skill at their individual role), thus creating a challenge with a skill bar.

There are youtube vids of people soloing arah bosses naked. You don’t need ascended stats in pve with two exceptions, which conveniently also drop said gear as you progress. To those worried about a gear treadmill, there is no gear treadmill, simply the entry bar to fractals and raids. Fractals tried to get the progression with agony as a self contained thing (I personally liked this whole setup from a design pov when it came out), raids needs something shiny to justify the effort put into it. Enter legendaries, which were just equal to the lower tier gear as best stats in the game until people complained enough for it to get stat swapping. (An upgrade, but in options not power)

Its simply a matter of people needing a sense of progression to keep them going.

Playing the devil’s advocate aside, I used to be a wvw player and legendary armor would be lovely for my guys with 2-3 sets of exotic gear there (the small bump from exotic to ascended is just gravy, stat swapping is where it is at yo). WvW legendary armor please?

in WvW

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Why do pvp players need several armor sets? Have you ever played pvp? And more important yet, do you know how the stats work in pvp? Please learn about pvp before saying these arguments.

You do know that wvw=pvp and Spvp=pvp right?

If people talk about pvp with armors its not Spvp since its lacking the big S S S S S infront of it.

in WvW

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

we never even got ascended armor, what made you think we would get legendary

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Robles.7458

Robles.7458

If people talk about pvp with armors its not Spvp since its lacking the big S S S S S infront of it.

No, some people here are saying how in pvp matches legendary armor is better, so not all people are talking about wvw. The person I answered was one of them.

in WvW

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Yup however its not so much the armor as the things you can do during the rdy check window. You can swap whatever during that time frame and lets say for some reason you expect your team is lacking in condi damage then swap around everything for that purpose and click the ready check. Hence even in Spvp people have multiple sets of armor. If your team composition changes you should always adjust.

No is or to my knowledge has ever argued about the stats because their all the same across the board since launch regardless of armor. If your going in there with one pair of static armor compared to someone who can adjust their stats and runes on the fly then your at a disadvantage. If I see your name and I know your build I’m going to counter it in the next match with different stat combinations, runes, and build.

Then again I don’t pvp anymore after s5 its gotten too lopsided my chrono shouldn’t have such a big advantage over people just because they didn’t own HoT. There are numerous issues but some people quit because they couldn’t keep up with the elites and people like me quit because shooting fish in a barrel is boring. Whether my opponent is a Chrono like my main or a basic Mesmer they should provide equal challenge in any pvp environment.

Also more importantly my comment about armor sets was in reply to another person who said multiple armor sets would be equal to leg armor in a pvp. Which is true however multiple of anything in order to equal out isn’t ideal for anything a 1 -1 comparison is how things are balanced.

(edited by Doam.8305)

in WvW

Posted by: Rawr.9467

Rawr.9467

No, some people here are saying how in pvp matches legendary armor is better, so not all people are talking about wvw. The person I answered was one of them.

Oh and here I thought PvP was Player vs Player but apparently it stands for Blob vs Door.

in WvW

Posted by: Rawr.9467

Rawr.9467

Yup however its not so much the armor as the things you can do during the rdy check window. You can swap whatever during that time frame and lets say for some reason you expect your team is lacking in condi damage then swap around everything for that purpose and click the ready check. Hence even in Spvp people have multiple sets of armor. If your team composition changes you should always adjust.

Omg can you please go read up on PvP. What you are saying makes no sense.

This is not how PvP works in the slightest. Please stop creating drama and asking for a systm that has existed since launch.

in WvW

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

No is or to my knowledge has ever argued about the stats because their all the same across the board since launch regardless of armor. If your going in there with one pair of static armor compared to someone who can adjust their stats and runes on the fly then your at a disadvantage. If I see your name and I know your build I’m going to counter it in the next match with different stat combinations, runes, and build.

Then again I don’t pvp anymore after s5 its gotten too lopsided my chrono shouldn’t have such a big advantage over people just because they didn’t own HoT. There are numerous issues but some people quit because they couldn’t keep up with the elites and people like me quit because shooting fish in a barrel is boring. Whether my opponent is a Chrono like my main or a basic Mesmer they should provide equal challenge in any pvp environment.

Also more importantly my comment about armor sets was in reply to another person who said multiple armor sets would be equal to leg armor in a pvp. Which is true however multiple of anything in order to equal out isn’t ideal for anything a 1 -1 comparison is how things are balanced.

Yes the person you repiled to was talking about carrying around multiple sets in WvWvW.

I have no clue about the first part of your post… You do know that spvp your armor is only cosmetic can you can switch around all stats by switching amulet and then chose weapon and sigils…. so no reason at all to change armor that you seem to point out.

Edit
So no your not going to counter my build since I may have switched everything around aswell.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

we never even got ascended armor, what made you think we would get legendary

Got my full set of ascended through wvw drops only, yes lucky.

Why are you guys so upset about items that are on par with ascended and require a kitten ton of grinding.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Rurik.7230

Even if people are talking about WvW, I don’t see how the L. armor will affect this game mode so badly, for me it’s just convenient because you get more space in your inventory instead of having multiple set of armor (cheaper and easier to get btw, why would you want the L. armor if it isn’t for the extra space and special skin?), nothing more^^

Sorry but I think it’s kind of a drama!

in WvW

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

What makes this game great to me is the possibility to get the best gear/rewards in the game doing whatever I want to, if I want to pvp and just do that for the rest of my life, I can. That’s why I came to Gw2, because I was tired of MUST make PVE to get my PVP armor in other games.

By putting Legendary Armor only obtainable after I clear a raid, I don’t need to explain why this is a huge mistake. I don’t matter to farm it 100x harder on pvp as long that I still can have it, as long the possibility still there. Players that makes raids MUST get it easier for SURE, but to me, what makes this game unique is everybody can have their legendary weapons doing anything they please.
Please, don’t tell the gamer what we should do, don’t make the other mmorpgs mistake, they are all falling. LET WE CHOOSE what we want to do, don’t FORCE us to do raids/dungeons.

I know elitists players will disagree but think about it, you are a pve exclusive player and the best gear is only avaliable through pvp, how would you feel?

Thanks.

Ok, I had to edit this to explain that I’m talking about WvW not SPvP.

I’m inclined to agree with you, however legendary weapons require a Gift of Battle, only obtainable through WvW. It doesn’t feel unfair if the legendary armor also has some sort of requirement tied to a specific game mode.

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Also I’m pretty sure most raid bosses are harder than blobbing

You know there are a lot of WvW’ers who roam and not blob right?

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

But it will be funny kill dude who have legendary armor and ask him why he can’t l2p.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

you dont even need asc armor in the first place. If anyone should get legendary armor first thats wvw then we can see about other gamemodes that dont even benefit from it.

in WvW

Posted by: cyn.2157

cyn.2157

(edit: this response was to Doam.8305 – I hit the wrong reply button)

Ready check is part of sPVP only – so we’ve established you’re definitely talking about sPVP and not WvW.

Changing your legendary gear in sPVP doesn’t affect your stats in sPVP – because your stats are provided by your PVP amulet. You’re just changing the stats on your legendary for when you later return to WvW/PvE. Multiple times now people have tried to explain that your gear stats do NOT affect sPVP, and you keep posting showing you still think that it somehow does.

Anyone can change up their build in the ready screen, whether they’re in whites or full legendary, the same way – by changing the equipped amulet in the PVP build screen, which is what actually determines your stats for the sPVP match. The only reason to have multiple sets of armor for sPVP, would be for aesthetics. If, say, you liked wearing shiny armor for your power build, and a different green armor for your toxic condition build.

Personally, while I recognize that WvW is a PVP game mode, I would prefer that the terms are just PVP (for sPVP) and WvW (for WvW) – but it seems that’s not the generally accepted consensus, despite Anet further distancing those game-modes with different skill numbers, behaviors, and tooltips. It would sure simplify discussions like this if the terms were similarly isolated. At this point, precious little applies to both sPVP and WvW other than “you’re fighting other instances of the gw2client” (since botting/cheating is apparently sufficiently prevalent as to be a problem in some modes, I won’t say “other people”). Player vs Program, indeed.

-Fade Nightshade (thief all the way, baby)

(edited by cyn.2157)

in WvW

Posted by: SloRules.3560

SloRules.3560

Why on earth do you need 7 armour sets? I think I have 2 at the most per toon. Why 7?

I don’t know about him, but i currently have 3(marauder, commander and zerker), but would also like wanderer, crusader, minstrel and celestial for my guild uses and i’m not even in condi sets… Which i don’t realy like to use, but would also be very much beneficial, soo trailblazer and dire.

That brings us to 9 sets.

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I think the idea is that to give every mode something special to attract the audience. Don’t forget we have PvP legendary back wing which you can’t obtain through PvE.

We definitely do need something for WvW as well at this point.

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

It would be nice if they did have this for WvW. But I am not holding my breath. There are many things that need attention in WvW, and tbh if you threw this is it would not help at all.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I’m confused why it took you 2 years to realize that legendary armor was raid only. Like was the raid only Legendary Collections not a big enough hint?

I didn’t. Just expressing my continuing disappointment at the neglect of my favoured game mode.

Most raid bosses are just gimmick and timing- jump here, move here, spam from here, avoid this telegraphed attack, rinse and repeat until down. Learn off by heart and it never changes.

If it’s as easy as you make out you should be able to do it playing with your feet while watching netflix and eating a burrito right?

Or at least do it with some effort in the 2-3 hours a week a pro like you would be able to breeze through all the wings. Only takes 12 weeks to get the raid locked items, everything else you get with massive amounts of gold or doing a few half afk map meta’s.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I like to see how Anet reacted after they are making this chose to put every thing into raids when raids are build in exclusive content and most ppl do not run them. More work from anet that no one plays agen. Why do they keep doing this? At this point you would think dev. would be tired of having all there hard work mean less and less for the player population.

You realty got to question dose there game detector hate there devs?

Work and time for EoTM went mostly wasted. Work into Dbl went mostly wasted. Work into hero skins for wvw tournaments went mostly wasted.

GW2 is a story of time wasted on work that no one will see or play.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

But it will be funny kill dude who have legendary armor and ask him why he can’t l2p.

That will be the fun part- targeting the guy wearing the legendary armor. Actually, I think I’ll make sure we do that after it’s released- after all, they worked so long and hard hopping through same routine many times, seems only fair to teach them there’s no script to wvw and they might need to vary their rotation here.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Huldrelokk.6598

Huldrelokk.6598

Legendary Insight at reward track like Gift of Battle and we solve the problem.

13 possibles per week like PvE raiders.
If you complete one track you only can get 12 with bosses.
If you get 1 in bosses you only can get 12 with tracks.

Problem solved

in WvW

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I’m confused why it took you 2 years to realize that legendary armor was raid only. Like was the raid only Legendary Collections not a big enough hint?

I didn’t. Just expressing my continuing disappointment at the neglect of my favoured game mode.

Most raid bosses are just gimmick and timing- jump here, move here, spam from here, avoid this telegraphed attack, rinse and repeat until down. Learn off by heart and it never changes.

No offense to you personally but PvDing in a zerg doesn’t really require any more.

in WvW

Posted by: Miko.4158

Miko.4158

not a massive surprise, but not great, does this mean wvw is not ‘end content’ ?
is zerg fighting easier than raids?… not seen a solo vs zerg utube.
infact alot of the specialisms , co-ordination and need for decent gear means wvw is very similar to raids arguably more so than pvp.

in WvW

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Skill in WvW is difficult to reward though.

A group of players that win a 5v10 fight (requires skill + coordination) get fewer bags/rewards than a zerg that blobs down another group 40 vs 20 (requires pressing 1).

in WvW

Jski.6180

Skill in WvW is difficult to reward though.

A group of players that win a 5v10 fight (requires skill + coordination) get fewer bags/rewards than a zerg that blobs down another group 40 vs 20 (requires pressing 1).

So that the thing its not about getting that big reward all at once for completing things. The fact you won a fight like that is reward enofe. But you need to give out a contest reward much like tracks. So you can keep playing something you find fun with out losing out on getting gear just at a much slower speed.

I do not get it when was it alright to play a game that you do not find fun just to get rewards and loot as fast as you can that can only be used in that game that you do not find fun. This is the very ideal of torture.

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

I like to see how Anet reacted after they are making this chose to put every thing into raids when raids are build in exclusive content and most ppl do not run them. More work from anet that no one plays agen. Why do they keep doing this? At this point you would think dev. would be tired of having all there hard work mean less and less for the player population.

You realty got to question dose there game detector hate there devs?

Work and time for EoTM went mostly wasted. Work into Dbl went mostly wasted. Work into hero skins for wvw tournaments went mostly wasted.

GW2 is a story of time wasted on work that no one will see or play.

They don’t listen…that’s the problem. And individuals who do not listen will make the same mistake over and over.

Got a whole forum with every game mode with players wants, needs, concerns to set priorities with to give the customers what they want. It’s not rocket science.

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Dunno what you all going on about, wvw is pve, so legendaries are coming to wvw, go kill a raid boss instead of smc lord.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

Dunno what you all going on about, wvw is pve, so legendaries are coming to wvw, go kill a raid boss instead of smc lord.

UMM WRONG!!!!! WvW is much different than Pew Pew PvE crap.

in WvW

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Who cares? The only benefit of legendary over ascended is the ability to change stats easily. And you can do that with ascended if you can afford to replace your runes and get the insignias. It’s not hard. Maybe gold rewards should be greater in WvW, and maybe casual players shouldn’t have easy enough access to something that’s supposed to take time to acquire.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

UMM WRONG!!!!! WvW is much different than Pew Pew PvE crap.

Delight us MO said wvw players are really into pve! and wvw uses pve systems! so wvw is pve! so legendaries coming to pve means they are coming to wvw! killing raid boss is the same as smc lord! they both npcs!

I guess I should start adding /s

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

legendary armour in pve or raids is fine. It’s gear tailored for that very game-mode. I don’t get why pvp’ers or wvw’er or pve’ers need every reward from all game-modes while not actually playing said game-mode. Each game-mode has thier specific set of rewards u get for your effort.

There is one thing i disagree with and thatis that people who got the ascension in pvp couldn’t solely aquire it through pvp alone. that was kinda a kitten move.

in WvW

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Nope, Legendary Armor being a raid only reward is fine by me. A incentive to play other aspects of the game. If you’re going to want them you’re going to have to take that long and scary walk in the PVE park(Dun dun dun) to get them, just like how others who exclusively do PVE have to run through a dark alley filled with thugs and muggers in order to get what they want from Spvp.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

“What makes this game great to me is the possibility to get the best gear/rewards in the game doing whatever I want to”

U can only get ascenson through pvp..
U can only get ad infinitumthrough fractals.
U can only get legendary armour through raids.

Guess what u can’t do whatever u want to if u want specific rewards. Case in point your argument is invalid at best and it’s driven by frustration, not logic. IQ has reached new lows.

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

I don’t care about that armor much since they have the usual bulky spikey sparkly look and they’re not above ascended stats but they could just call it raid armor. I thought the idea of Legendary gear was to show you mastered all game modes and areas. I don’t want Legendary armor, I want something cool conceived by some dev who plays WvW maybe. Or just put out that Triumphant Heros Armor already and put some particle effects or animations or whatever on it.

Kash
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

Come on, legendary armor skins look awful…

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

in WvW

Jski.6180

I just want them to add in a set that you can swap combos there more then enofe skills in the game. They need to make a wvw only version and stop hand holding the dam pvers mainly the raid players that will simply burn out once they get them and stop playing gw2.

in WvW

Posted by: Serum.4067

Serum.4067

ArenaNet, once again, not learning from their mistakes. Putting all their eggs in one basket, AGAIN. How’s your sPvP scene going? Oh yea…IT WAS DROPPED FROM ESL.

[AoN] – All or Nothing
Takyon Triplesix – Akasera

in WvW

Posted by: kathy.8291

kathy.8291

Its really sad that ArenaNet DOES NOT think of anything other than PvE. This is why WvW is dying and the WvW community plays this game for that one simple fact, they DONT LIKE PVE.

Legendary armor is GREAT for WvW since the meta is always changing and We all are sick and tired of changing stats on our ascended gear and having to change the runes and sigils. Legendary armor can change all of that and give us the opportunity to change according to the meta.

Anet please give us some consideration (for which im waiting on after 3 years of wvw) and think of our community the way you think of PvE. The majority of WvW players WILL NOT do PvE Raids because that will consist of ANOTHER SET of armor and quit frankly it is long and boring.

Therefore, once again WvW players is forgotten (like always) and I will probably get a warning for posting this.

Thanks Anet for another disappointing event,, (just like the legendary backpiece) only for PVE and PvP. Start looking for other games to play.

in WvW

Jski.6180

I just wish we will get a dev to say something here or on the other one about all of this because it feels like they are going to do what they want even if ppl who play the game do not want it.

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Come on, legendary armor skins look awful…

Yeah…..not very appealing to be brutally honest. Vindictus doing better.

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I don’t want the pve version. They would cry anyway if we got access to the same armor they got. Just give us our own legendary armor with the same skin as basic ascended armor. WvW players only want it for the stat swapping anyway, so they don’t have to waste any resources making new skins for us. The legendary armor is already done. So literally all they have to do is make a second set of it and reskin it with base ascended skins and put it in a vendor for us for some sort of currency we can get only in wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Pver’s think its fair that raids are the only way to get legendary armor. Lets add WvW map completion back as a mandatory thing to get gift of exploration and lets make it so crafting legendary armor requires 2 gifts of battle for each piece. It is legendary after all and should require you to do something in all parts of the game. And getting full map completion in wvw these days is something I would say is harder than anything you have to do in pve.

OR we could be fair to everyone and not try to force people to do content they dont enjoy or want to do. Wvw players shouldn’t be forced to do pve anymore than pvers should be forced to do wvw. Pve gets its own set of legendary armor, wvw gets its own different set of legendary armor, and spvp gets its own different set as well.

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

What makes this game great to me is the possibility to get the best gear/rewards in the game doing whatever I want to, if I want to pvp and just do that for the rest of my life, I can. That’s why I came to Gw2, because I was tired of MUST make PVE to get my PVP armor in other games.

By putting Legendary Armor only obtainable after I clear a raid, I don’t need to explain why this is a huge mistake. I don’t matter to farm it 100x harder on pvp as long that I still can have it, as long the possibility still there. Players that makes raids MUST get it easier for SURE, but to me, what makes this game unique is everybody can have their legendary weapons doing anything they please.
Please, don’t tell the gamer what we should do, don’t make the other mmorpgs mistake, they are all falling. LET WE CHOOSE what we want to do, don’t FORCE us to do raids/dungeons.

I know elitists players will disagree but think about it, you are a pve exclusive player and the best gear is only avaliable through pvp, how would you feel?

Thanks.

Ok, I had to edit this to explain that I’m talking about WvW not SPvP.

I’m inclined to agree with you, however legendary weapons require a Gift of Battle, only obtainable through WvW. It doesn’t feel unfair if the legendary armor also has some sort of requirement tied to a specific game mode.

WvW is a game mode, raids are not. PvE is the game mode raids are part of. One can get the GoB doing most anything in WvW — zerging, roaming, doing PvE-like dailies over time. Once cannot get LI — and thus Legendary Armor — without doing a very specific part of PvE that is aimed solely at the hobbyist gamer. The comparison to the GoB requirement does not stand up to scrutiny because one does not even need to play WvW as a pastime to get the GoD — one need only play for a few hours at one’s convenience.

in WvW

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

WvW is a game mode, raids are not. PvE is the game mode raids are part of. One can get the GoB doing most anything in WvW — zerging, roaming, doing PvE-like dailies over time. Once cannot get LI — and thus Legendary Armor — without doing a very specific part of PvE that is aimed solely at the hobbyist gamer. The comparison to the GoB requirement does not stand up to scrutiny because one does not even need to play WvW as a pastime to get the GoD — one need only play for a few hours at one’s convenience.

Consider legendary requirements in time. Legendary weapons are the first to appear in the game and they require something out of every game mode (even though you can get around PvP and buy the associated stuff on the TP).

The backpacks are more recently added and they both are specific items requiring you to play specific game modes. And in the case of Ad Infinitum – a specific part of a specific game mode. This may well indicate a change of design philosophy – rather than make you try everything, the items now try to get you involved in their associated area of the game. This is certainly the case for the armor, by the way.

Again, I agree WvW would benefit from getting access to something similar, I just feel the argument is a bit biased.