Legitimate Cheating in Wvwvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Captain Jaguar.3642

Captain Jaguar.3642

Well, I tried to keep them from cheating for the title rank, although he isn’t getting Wvwvw EXP he’s still getting kills toward the title. and he’s doing it by farming another person who just dies, respawns, and dies again. The main guy is too strong for me to fight on my own, and if another strong player comes in to assist me, he changes to his ranged character (and the other one changes to their thief) and they 3rd party voice to coordinate tagging (wheras the thief then jumps off the cliff, killing herself and awarding the other guy with a nother point towards the tag)
Here’s when I first noticed it. pay attention to the time clock in the right hand corner.
I later came back and saw they were still doing it. Again, tried to stop them but nope.

Attachments:

(edited by Captain Jaguar.3642)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Eh why do people feel the need to dictate how others play?

Sure, this is pure cheese, but how exactly is it affecting your gameplay? They’re in OS, they’re not taking up space on a WvW map.

Seems silly this is making you cranky enough to 1: Waste time on it; and 2. Post about it.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Captain Jaguar.3642

Captain Jaguar.3642

Eh why do people feel the need to dictate how others play?

Sure, this is pure cheese, but how exactly is it affecting your gameplay? They’re in OS, they’re not taking up space on a WvW map.

Seems silly this is making you cranky enough to 1: Waste time on it; and 2. Post about it.

probably because they are farming a title that’s supposed to be given to those who are actually dedicated to the game enough that they get the title the right way. I wouldn’t care if it was a pve title, but it’s a PVP title meant to show skill in PVP. Seems idk, trashy to me.
And even if it doesn’t to you. It’s not ‘dicating’ how someone plays. It’s still legitimate exploiting that should be addressed on principle alone.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

It is trashy, but did you take the time to do the math on exactly how long it would take to kill one guy over and over?

Personally I’d be embarassed to get caught doing that with a guild tag. Or even do it period.

But at the end of the day what impact does it make to my gameplay if they do that?

Answer: nothing.

Go find something in game that makes you happy. Let people play how they’d like.

in WvW

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

I don’t agree with farming the title myself and I thought Anet was against it anyway, but the title doesn’t really mean you have any skill. People “farm” it in EOTM or can get it through zerging in T1 (which at a certain point requires little skill) so the title is just there to say you got a title. :P

Ele for Hire

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Umm people did that enmasse months ago – Zergs tagging and jumping. No one cared then……

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Considering how T1 was rigged for so long, this seems tame and…not unexpected.

in WvW

Posted by: La Deesse Feline.4572

La Deesse Feline.4572

in WvW

Posted by: orktorzult.9368

orktorzult.9368

i like choosing aoe damage effects so the player is trapped in my field of range for my hammer to smash

Charr +warrior, hammerzorz.
NRHRN SHVR PKS
“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!”

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

I almost never see people using titles in WvW. Not even ones gained from WvW.

I think there is a perception than players using titles are new, or casual.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Hey! I use my veterans of the mist title from season one proudly. :p

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I almost never see people using titles in WvW. Not even ones gained from WvW.

I think there is a perception than players using titles are new, or casual.

I think this is because no one has any WvW related titles because they’re impossibly grindy and no one has any PvE titles because they’re WvW players.

in WvW

Posted by: GragorR.9768

GragorR.9768

Lol i know who that player is, must have been at it for quite some time as i first saw him a few days before the last BWE. After a brief chat he explained he is doing it to try and reach #1 on the ap leaderboard.

I do not really approve of this but at the same time, there is nothing worth reporting going on there… no automated gameplay. Only 2 players spending a huge amount on time on something that they perceive as being of equal value.

- BG -

(edited by GragorR.9768)

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Doing that a quarter million times is worth an achievement

EDIT: next time you see em try getting a tap in.

(edited by LetoII.3782)

in WvW

Posted by: ventusthunder.5067

ventusthunder.5067

Pretty lame but hey, this player can’t kill someone in a real fight and he’s willing to spend the time with someone who consents to dying, so more power to him. I’ve been Platinum before he was even Gold rank, I go to T2 for a month and a half, I get back, bam, he’s Platinum Colonel. Props to that.

collector of liquid aurillium

in WvW

La Deesse Feline.4572

Some precision are needed.

ventusthunder: he’s willing to spend the time with someone who consents to dying.
Yes but apparently you didn’t read me.

ventusthunder: I’ve been Platinum before he was even Gold rank, I go to T2 for a month and a half, I get back, bam, he’s Platinum Colonel. Props to that.
Obsidian Sanctum no WXP

ventusthunder: Pretty lame but hey, this player can’t kill someone in a real fight.
PvP Tournament over 5k win.
My main PvP Garden Of Spirit http://www.twitch.tv/chaithh/c/6448910

in WvW

Jayne.9251

lol, did the guy just out himself?

smh

in WvW

La Deesse Feline.4572

No, players Solo queue matches know me.
Lol funny, but not nice.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Or maybe it’s just a simple case of 1 guy getting fights in the OS and the other guy refusing to give up after his first death, which a lot of “WvW players” do.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

lol , wvw titles are the most pathetic titles you can see in game

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

a PVP title meant to show skill in PVP

lol wut

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Some precision are needed.

ventusthunder: he’s willing to spend the time with someone who consents to dying.
Yes but apparently you didn’t read me.

ventusthunder: I’ve been Platinum before he was even Gold rank, I go to T2 for a month and a half, I get back, bam, he’s Platinum Colonel. Props to that.
Obsidian Sanctum no WXP

ventusthunder: Pretty lame but hey, this player can’t kill someone in a real fight.
PvP Tournament over 5k win.
My main PvP Garden Of Spirit http://www.twitch.tv/chaithh/c/6448910

Oh hey!
An Abjured said your name O.O
autograph plz