Let's accept WvW for what it is....

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Let’s just accept the fact that the WvW bugs (large list on the other threads), banning hackers, WXP accountbound merge, glitched queues on reset night, improved match-ups, low pop server, better rewards, dead EoTM and etc won’t change….

WvW is what it is and we can either enjoy it or keep complaining…I rather play it while it still has a bit of life in it left.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: mikoe.6574

mikoe.6574

It is dying a slow death. I am on a tier 3 server. We either win with 150+ people running around one week averaging 400 points a tick or lose with 30 people running around averaging 50 points a tick. It is rare to see stuff upgraded or superior siege placed anywhere. Pretty much a huge PVE karma fest when you are winning and a small group taking your stuff back so it can be lost again when your losing. That is what WVW has become. Maybe if you are on Tier 1 or Tier 2 it is different.

I’m seeing a continuous drop in participation by our server and the servers we are playing against. I can only imagine what it is like on tier 5,6,7 servers.

I still enjoy it. Not what it once was.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

T2 pretty much like that too.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

some of that we just have to suffer thru but as for low pop, I refused to accept it, I spent the gems and I moved to tier one and I regret nothing. sure I miss my friends on the lower tiers, but its not all giant zergs here. there are a lot of roamers and havoc groups making a difference at all hours of the day. the wait time isn’t bad either, theres always a borderland open. BG and JQ are max servers now from the transfers, TC will be soon too. join the wvw player base and move up.

in WvW

Posted by: Rosten.5238

Rosten.5238

I have two accounts one in silver, one in bronze. I created the second when my guild moved to silver. Pretty much what the OP said.
The silver server usually crushes the other servers. Its no fun when you own everything the other servers wilt by Sunday…… The bronze, it pretty much outnumbered most of the time, no fun there. The present matching has made it worst.. often facing the same servers over and over…You know their play style, they know yours…..It gets boring….

Seriously looking for a new game to play.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I was looking new game too, but then i did go in EotM and now i don’t need new game.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

EotM is just a PvE gamer’s idea of what PvP should be like.

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

EoTM…I have entered that map 20 times and 20 times it was awful…Must be a EU thing…Last few times I went in EoTM it was completely dead (think bloodlust dead).

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

EoTM…I have entered that map 20 times and 20 times it was awful…Must be a EU thing…Last few times I went in EoTM it was completely dead (think bloodlust dead).

Well we like to fight you like PPT.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Well we like to fight you like PPT.

I lol’d…obviously we don’t have to have new maps to find fights….

Source: someone who makes fun of T1 ppt’ers like you. (“little blackgate”)

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

It is dying a slow death. I am on a tier 3 server. We either win with 150+ people running around one week averaging 400 points a tick or lose with 30 people running around averaging 50 points a tick. It is rare to see stuff upgraded or superior siege placed anywhere. Pretty much a huge PVE karma fest when you are winning and a small group taking your stuff back so it can be lost again when your losing. That is what WVW has become. Maybe if you are on Tier 1 or Tier 2 it is different.

I’m seeing a continuous drop in participation by our server and the servers we are playing against. I can only imagine what it is like on tier 5,6,7 servers.

I still enjoy it. Not what it once was.

Tier 9 in EU fits the description. I was in tier 4 a time too and it’s the same. Numbers vary though: lowest tier has a flux of players when we are doing well, but that’s still only like 50 players here. If we loose we have less than 10 at all times.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

T2 would be balanced if SoS didn’t have enough SEA/OCX to out-number FA and Mag combined during the respective timeslots.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Heezdedjim.8902

Heezdedjim.8902

some of that we just have to suffer thru but as for low pop, I refused to accept it, I spent the gems and I moved to tier one and I regret nothing. sure I miss my friends on the lower tiers, but its not all giant zergs here. there are a lot of roamers and havoc groups making a difference at all hours of the day. the wait time isn’t bad either, theres always a borderland open. BG and JQ are max servers now from the transfers, TC will be soon too. join the wvw player base and move up.

This. If you want to play WvW and have it not suck on a regular basis, you have three choices. Pick one and get there today.

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

This. If you want to play WvW and have it not suck on a regular basis, you have three choices. Pick one and get there today.

It would only suck if you’re a PPT zergling. T1 is garbage for anything but blob v blob. If you want good guild vs guild fights you go T2. If you want good roaming you go T3 or lower (although the skill level as you drop tiers is questionable).

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

It would only suck if you’re a PPT zergling. T1 is garbage for anything but blob v blob. If you want good guild vs guild fights you go T2. If you want good roaming you go T3 or lower (although the skill level as you drop tiers is questionable).

Lol it is amazing how some people who have never played in Tier 1, have this strong belief that Tier 1 is nothing more than big zergs….

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

I faced skilled roamers when i was on the bottom tier (rank18-22) than in t2/t3 where i am now. The problem is that it is hard to find fights in desert wvw servers, pretty boring.

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Dude, t2 isn’t like t3. T2 has almost all the guilds and several pugs from T3 now. FA got some peeps from SBI, SoS got peeps from everywhere, it seems. MAG got peeps (and even bought peeps) from SBI. TC got peeps from SBI. JQ got peeps from SBI. I think BG is the only server that didn’t get anyone from us.

Somehow, after losing almost all our guilds, we are still hanging in t3, because the core of the server (the militia) is still here. I can only imagine how much SoR has lost, considering I almost never see anyone from SoR when I am running around this week. But, they seem to be out there figthing for whatever they can get.

SoR and SBI are just lucky that DB isn’t bigger, and that we can actually take our stuff back.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Dude, t2 isn’t like t3. T2 has almost all the guilds and several pugs from T3 now.

The T3 person I was responding to wrote, “We either win with 150+ people running around one week averaging 400 points a tick or lose with 30 people running around averaging 50 points a tick. It is rare to see stuff upgraded or superior siege placed anywhere.” T2 is like that too. The coverage balance on T2 servers is pretty bad currently. People don’t like to upgrade stuff that is gonna get nightcapped.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

Dude, t2 isn’t like t3. T2 has almost all the guilds and several pugs from T3 now.

The T3 person I was responding to wrote, “We either win with 150+ people running around one week averaging 400 points a tick or lose with 30 people running around averaging 50 points a tick. It is rare to see stuff upgraded or superior siege placed anywhere.” T2 is like that too. The coverage balance on T2 servers is pretty bad currently. People don’t like to upgrade stuff that is gonna get nightcapped.

Yep. No one will upgrade if its going to be capped when they go to bed or go to work.

At least three days this week, FA has had outmanned enemy BL’s during primetime EST. We’ve never had that in the recent past…

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!