Link Transfer Costs to WvW Performance

in WvW

Posted by: JGreenleaf.5692

JGreenleaf.5692

I posted this idea in a thread started by Grim entitled “Server Population Status: 2015.”

My proposal is to change how transfer costs are currently determined to a system that more accurately reflects the health of a servers WvW community. I apologize for the length in advance.

Currently what we have been told is that transfer costs are based off a servers overall population. It remains unclear exactly how this population count is determined. But, regardless of how it is determined, servers no longer play a major role in a player’s PvE experience. With the advent of megaservers they only seem to impact to some degree which megaserver or shard you end up on, but little else. I think everyone here would agree that which server you are on really only matters in WvW at this point.

With that assumption in mind, I purpose that transfer costs be linked to a servers Glicko rating. We already know that this number can be tracked in real time. Below I’ve included an example of how the fees under such a system might look.

NA WvW:
Tier 1 – 2000 gems
Tier 2 – 1800 gems
Tier 3 – 1600 gems
Tier 4 – 1400 gems
Tier 5 – 1200 gems
Tier 6 – 1000 gems
Tier 7 – 800 gems
Tier 8 – Free Transfers (400 gems)

EU WvW:
Tier 1 – 2000 gems
Tier 2 – 1800 gems
Tier 3 – 1600 gems
Tier 4 – 1400 gems
Tier 5 – 1200 gems
Tier 6 – 1000 gems
Tier 7 – 800 gems
Tier 8 – 600 gems
Tier 9 – Free Transfers (400 gems)

You’ll notice that I have increased the maximum cost of transferring by 200 gems to 2000 gems and lowered the minimum to 600 gems. I believe that those wishing to transfer into the top tier should indeed be paying more to do so. Server stacking is a blight on the overall WvW experience and should not be encouraged in any way by ArenaNet.

I’ve also set the lowest tier servers as free transfers. These free transfers would be subsidized in part by the increased cost on transferring up. The lowest ranked servers benefit from free transfers for those looking for a change in their WvW experience that doesn’t cost them anything. If the idea of free transfers is difficult for ArenaNet to swallow, this could be changed to 400 gems.

I’ve stuck with the tiers that group servers in groups of three for an easy explanation, but ArenaNet could take it a different direction and apply a certain range of Glicko score to a certain price point if they so choose. What is important is that the system updates itself, if not on a real time basis, then at least on a weekly basis after WvW resets.

I welcome any feedback and criticism regarding my proposal and hope we can have a constructive discussion about server transfer costs that more accurately reflect the WvW landscape.

(Edited to add the optional gem fee next to the free transfers option for clarity.)

Derron Fortindom, Mesmer
Isle of Janthir
Co-Leader Order of the Silver Dragons [OSD]

(edited by JGreenleaf.5692)

in WvW

Posted by: Kungsmurfen.2861

Kungsmurfen.2861

I’ve also set the lowest tier servers as free transfers. These free transfers would be subsidized in part by the increased cost on transferring up. The lowest ranked servers benefit from free transfers for those looking for a change in their WvW experience that doesn’t cost them anything. If the idea of free transfers is difficult for ArenaNet to swallow, this could be changed to 400 gems.

Overall I like the idéa but I think lowest tier should be 400. If not it’ll just invite bandwagons as soon as a server beats the other 2 in a matchup or as soon as a higher tier server drops down for a week.

Underworld – [ZERK]

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

It’s funny that, notice how the transfer fee is for the “benefit” of WvW players only now.

If you were once in a low populated server, your map zones in PvE could have been just you on it, the rest of it empty. So if you wanted to play with other players, moving to a more populated server would have been the answer.

But now thanks to the megaserver, all PvE players are thrown into the same instance, once that gets full they are put into a 2nd, if the first get’s some slots available, you now not only have the choice to join that more populated server, you also get a nice little buff.
No longer do PvE players have to spend their “hard-earned” gold on gems to transfer to a more populated server.
They also had guesting, though limited to 2 a week, they could still guest to the 2 most PvE populated servers!

So why do we WvW players?!
If PvE players dont have to, then I say we shouldnt either any more! We WvW players already spend a lot of our time fighting in WvW, whilst all PvE players benefit from the buffs their server acquires from the matches each and every week?

What has PvE ever given us?! Apart from all the PvE mobs we dont want and PvE event loot.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: Xiohunter.2561

Xiohunter.2561

I really like this idea, but it should have be implemented a long time ago. It seems more of a preventive measure. It’s already too late for this to have any substantial change on populations. Anet just needs to spend the time and resources to properly fix their match-up system be it mandatory redistribution, merging, or alliances.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

It’s funny that, notice how the transfer fee is for the “benefit” of WvW players only now.

If you were once in a low populated server, your map zones in PvE could have been just you on it, the rest of it empty. So if you wanted to play with other players, moving to a more populated server would have been the answer.

But now thanks to the megaserver, all PvE players are thrown into the same instance, once that gets full they are put into a 2nd, if the first get’s some slots available, you now not only have the choice to join that more populated server, you also get a nice little buff.
No longer do PvE players have to spend their “hard-earned” gold on gems to transfer to a more populated server.
They also had guesting, though limited to 2 a week, they could still guest to the 2 most PvE populated servers!

If PvE players dont have to, then I say we shouldnt either any more! We WvW players already spend a lot of our time fighting in WvW, whilst all PvE players benefit from the buffs their server acquires from the matches each and every week?

What has PvE ever given us?! Apart from all the PvE mobs we dont want and PvE event loot.

Your comparing apples to oranges. As well, you claiming to speak for a “we”. What “we” do you claim to be authorized to represent? Did I miss an official vote somewhere?

As to the OPs thoughts. I can see some logic in scaling the transfer cost.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Noia.9413

Noia.9413

Perhaps the Janthirite is right.

I’m thinking, however… bandwagoning to the lowest tier would at least create a better distribution of stacking than everyone packing into the highest two tiers of the Mists. Ordinarily, if there are transfers, they happen slowly and almost always go only up, leading to consistently uneven wars. Yet if the realms of the lower tiers get people stacking on them as well, it would shift the distribution of military might more frequently and encourage an increase in overall turnout in the ongoing Mist Wars in general.

An avenger of the Pass.

The Feared Intelligence Chief of Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

WOW! I can’t believe no one ever suggested this before!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I hope you’re being sarcastic. It was suggested back during Season 2.

The majority of the population outside of NA prime is going to pretty much remain in the higher tiers.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

You can’t just make it harder for players to move to a server. You have to give them a reason to want to go somewhere else. The point I like in the OP’s suggestion is that due to the megaserver, transferring servers really does only affect WvW.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

in WvW

JGreenleaf.5692

I really like this idea, but it should have be implemented a long time ago. It seems more of a preventive measure. It’s already too late for this to have any substantial change on populations. Anet just needs to spend the time and resources to properly fix their match-up system be it mandatory redistribution, merging, or alliances.

I agree. This change seems long overdue and perhaps comes to late. I cannot speak for NSP, but the third exodus Janthir has undergone because of the situation in T3 has hit us hard. I hold no illusions that even if this change was implemented it would lead to any meaningful change for us in the short term. But I still believe it is a necessary change. Currently it costs nearly the same amount of gems to buy your way into the top tier servers as the ghost town servers. That is not right.

In an ideal world, it would be made in tandem with ideas you mentioned that have also been discussed here before, such as alliances or merging of servers. As Chaba mentioned, even this idea has been presented before and I guess the thread has fallen out of sight and mind as most good ideas do. If anyone can find it, I’d greatly appreciate it if you linked it here for reference.

Derron Fortindom, Mesmer
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

JGreenleaf.5692

You can’t just make it harder for players to move to a server. You have to give them a reason to want to go somewhere else. The point I like in the OP’s suggestion is that due to the megaserver, transferring servers really does only affect WvW.

Thank you for posting Contre. As you say, just making it harder to move without creating an incentive to move will accomplish nothing. My only goal here is to reform how transfer rates are determined.

This change alone will do little to dissuade players from transferring up or servers flush with gold from recruiting. The rates in those cases remain the same or only increase slightly. Changing the transfer rate system to reflect server importance in WvW is only one change of many that probably needs to happen to lead to players unstacking from servers.

Derron Fortindom, Mesmer
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

JGreenleaf.5692

Thanks for tracking those posts down Chaba.

While each of them highlights the problem at hand, none of them actually fleshed out an alternative to the current structure. They do however prove that this has been an issue with WvWers for some time now.

Again, I’d like to ask the community for more input and feedback regarding an alternative to the current situation of connecting transfer costs to overall server population. I’d really like them to implement some kind of change before HoT launches. But even a red response clarifying how they determine the population numbers under the current system would be welcome.

Derron Fortindom, Mesmer
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

“You can’t just make it harder for players to move to a server. You have to give them a reason to want to go somewhere else.”

UHM….

on topic.. should have been done since launch.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Heres the problem with this proposal, you are effectively punishing successful servers to boost struggling ones, basically a bring down one side to boost the other approach. Why should someone who wants a more competitive wvw environment and wants to transfer to t1 ot t2 have to pay more simply because of preference. This would simply hurt those tiers that might need to fill a gap that occasionally happens when a guild transfers off or disbands and this leaves coverage issues because it creates too high a cost for people to transfer and incentivizes stacking on lower tiers, which will eventually boost those servers up the ranks, make their transfer costs higher and will make recruiting or fixing coverage gaps difficult.

Going by tiers is also a vague and inefficient factor, look at t3 currently and the mess going on in there right now is that a real measure of performance? Heck if this were in place anyone who wanted to transfer to a t2 server could just wait till they rotate to t3 for the week before going back to t2 in that merry go round to get a 200gem discount.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

(edited by X T D.6458)

in WvW

JGreenleaf.5692

Heres the problem with this proposal, you are effectively punishing successful servers to boost struggling ones, basically a bring down one side to boost the other approach. Why should someone who wants a more competitive wvw environment and wants to transfer to t1 ot t2 have to pay more simply because of preference.

I don’t feel that the pricing I’m purposing punishes successful servers. If you take a look at the server transfer screen as of now there are four servers (Blackgate, Tarnished Coast, Jade Quarry, and Dragonbrand) listed as “full” and the remaining servers are all marked as “very high.” I’ve occasionally seen a server or two dip down into the “medium” ranking, but not often. That means that it currently costs 1800 gems to transfer to any server (if it is even possible to do so). This cost has failed to deter both those with a will to transfer or the server communities with a big enough war chest to finance prospective transfers to their server. What I am purposing will not change that.

What I’ve purposed above maintains or very slightly increases that cost for the upper tier (only T1), while drastically lowering it for the tiers that actually could use the members. T1 and T2 are saturated with players. It should continue to cost what it does for players to transfer into what have been widely hailed as successful communities. After all, those folks that are transferring are essentially buying into something they had no hand in creating. For those currently on those servers, either their skill will make up for the difference, or their wallets will. If coverage is desirable enough for a community to bankroll transfers, it should cost more to remain at the top.

Conversely, the servers where WvW communities have been shattered due to transfers or never really had one to begin with should cost less to transfer to. Players willing to transfer down will have to deal with reviving a server’s WvW community or building a brand new one from the ground up. If those that transfer down decide they want to entice others to follow them by providing financial assistance, it should cost them less.

This would simply hurt those tiers that might need to fill a gap that occasionally happens when a guild transfers off or disbands and this leaves coverage issues because it creates too high a cost for people to transfer and incentivizes stacking on lower tiers, which will eventually boost those servers up the ranks, make their transfer costs higher and will make recruiting or fixing coverage gaps difficult.

As stated above this change would not change, or barely change, the costs that T1 and T2 have to currently pay. Transfers have shown no sign of slowing down, despite the 1800 gem cost they’ve had to pay for some time. This change alone will probably not drive stacking on lower tiers.

I actually look at this as more of a benefit then a problem. If the servers currently in T3 – T8 are able to raise their Glicko score enough to reach a point where they are paying higher transfer costs then that means they’ve become competitive enough to challenge the other servers that have to pay those same costs. One of the key points of what I’m purposing is that the transfer rates update, if not on a real time basis, right after weekly match-ups end.

Going by tiers is also a vague and inefficient factor, look at t3 currently and the mess going on in there right now is that a real measure of performance? Heck if this were in place anyone who wanted to transfer to a t2 server could just wait till they rotate to t3 for the week before going back to t2 in that merry go round to get a 200gem discount.

Being from IoJ, I know only too well how this change may seem to little to late and very unlikely to help in the short term. We’ve recently fallen to T4 and probably will continue to fall due to the third exodus / people losing faith in WvW after over two months of being stuck in T3. This change alone will not fix what is continuing to go on in T3.

However, I believe we can agree that overall server population is an even more vague and ineffective indication of a servers overall WvW health. Especially with a lack of clarity on how a servers population level is determined. Again it would be great if a red tag would give us some clarity on that.

Derron Fortindom, Mesmer
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

X T D.6458

I agree that megaservers made it really more difficult to accurately assign server population to transfer fees as a benchmark as it basically really only affects wvw now for the most part and obviously we know the very high/full pop is not accurate in terms of wvw population. So definately something has to be done there. Also you have to understand what you consider a very low increase is your own opinion, if your a large guild that funds your own transfer imagine that extra 200gems for every player. An increase is still an increase and is basically punishing successful servers any way you want to cut it.

in WvW

JGreenleaf.5692

I agree that megaservers made it really more difficult to accurately assign server population to transfer fees as a benchmark as it basically really only affects wvw now for the most part and obviously we know the very high/full pop is not accurate in terms of wvw population. So definately something has to be done there. Also you have to understand what you consider a very low increase is your own opinion, if your a large guild that funds your own transfer imagine that extra 200gems for every player. An increase is still an increase and is basically punishing successful servers any way you want to cut it.

I can agree with that. If it helps get T1 on board with this, everything could be slid down to make the current maximum of 1800 gems remain the maximum. The range would go from 1800 to 400 with T8 and T9 sharing the same cost point in the EU division.

Derron Fortindom, Mesmer
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

X T D.6458

then you still have the problem of basing it on tiers, its essentially the same as basing it on inaccurate population only in this case it would create an unfair discount for lower tiers that might see an unwanted influx of new guilds, some servers are content with where they are and do not want to move out of their current tier, and the servers in tiers that desperately need blood lose out. And again tiers are not a good measure either of server health or competitiveness, as mentioned t3 currently. Also not everyone in lower tiers wants more people, some people choose lower tiers because of that very reason they want to escape the blobbing and zerging of higher tiers for a more small team environment, have to remember to take that into account as well.

in WvW

JGreenleaf.5692

then you still have the problem of basing it on tiers, its essentially the same as basing it on inaccurate population only in this case it would create an unfair discount for lower tiers that might see an unwanted influx of new guilds, some servers are content with where they are and do not want to move out of their current tier, and the servers in tiers that desperately need blood lose out. And again tiers are not a good measure either of server health or competitiveness, as mentioned t3 currently. Also not everyone in lower tiers wants more people, some people choose lower tiers because of that very reason they want to escape the blobbing and zerging of higher tiers for a more small team environment, have to remember to take that into account as well.

I very much doubt lowering the cost to transfer down will change the minds of players and guilds that are on, or are currently contemplating a move to, the current T1 & T2 servers. From the comments of players elsewhere on this forum I also doubt GvG guilds will think seriously about it, at least in the short term and barring other needed changes to WvW.

I’ve even seen a few people mention that those small team environment scenarios even exist on T1, depending on the time zone. Conversely zerging and blobbing, while more prevalent in the upper tiers is not unique to them.

The servers you speak of that may need to recruit fresh blood in the future may indeed receive less of the player base that is worried more about the cost to them than the current WvW situation at their chosen destination. Players on their own looking for something new that are paying their own way could indeed filter down to the lower tiers. I’ll concede that. I don’t see this as an “unfair discount,” but rather an incentive for those on the fence about what they want from WvW to not contribute to the stacking currently present in T1 and T2.

Furthermore, the servers that are already paying 1800 gems a pop won’t be paying any more for recruits. If you take cost out of the equation, I bet most WvW players looking for transfers are going to still go where the most action is perceived to be if there is no direct cost to them. Especially if recruiters are actively trying to get their attention.

The situation in T3 is a bit unique and no one change is going to solve the problems with it, the causes of which have been a constant source of debate here and elsewhere. As I mentioned above, I hold no illusions that even if this change was implemented it would lead to any meaningful change by itself for T3 in the short term. There are a lot of issues there that need to be and are being discussed in other threads. But I still believe server transfer cost reform, along with changes being discussed and debated on this forum now, is a necessary change. One that should be debated and implemented in some form before the launch of HoT.

Derron Fortindom, Mesmer
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

This is so true….

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I would make it so that you can transfer for free to any server that’s basically the bottom half of ranks below you.

Some examples:

Rank 1 gets to transfer to ranks 12-24 for free. Rank 10 gets to transfer to rank 17 and below free. Rank 24 doesn’t get free transfers.

That way people don’t get free transfers up (well, I mean other than having someone pay for you) and if they want a change of scenery to a lower tier they can do that knowing that it isn’t as easy to get back they’ll also be a lil’ more serious about it.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

JGreenleaf.5692

I would make it so that you can transfer for free to any server that’s basically the bottom half of ranks below you.

Some examples:

Rank 1 gets to transfer to ranks 12-24 for free. Rank 10 gets to transfer to rank 17 and below free. Rank 24 doesn’t get free transfers.

That way people don’t get free transfers up (well, I mean other than having someone pay for you) and if they want a change of scenery to a lower tier they can do that knowing that it isn’t as easy to get back they’ll also be a lil’ more serious about it.

Thanks for contributing Styx.

I could get behind offering free transfers to transfer down if the idea was fleshed out more, but I doubt ArenaNet ever will grant us free transfers outside of the promotional periods they’ve had in the past. It does seem like most people change gold to gems for their transfers rather then buying them with real world money. Even so with gems contributing largely to their profits they don’t seem very keen to make anything that started out costing gems completely free.

What I purposed is broken down by tiers as we know them, sets of three. Your idea could provide a more simplified structure with less price points, which may be more appealing.

Derron Fortindom, Mesmer
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Alteros.3019

Alteros.3019

Anet could come up whatever voodoo formula to calculate server transfer fees (just hope it isn’t cooked up by the same 3rd rate statistician that gave us our server ranking system) and I still wouldn’t pay for a transfer. And that’s despite having the means to transfer every other day if I so choose and not bat an eye.

I have been on my server for the better part of two years and well integrated into its player community. Last time I checked, Anet prided itself on its player community, but it would appear it only pays lip service to that commitment. It’s actions or lack thereof have been immensely disruptive and destructive to the WvW server communities by incentivizing mass exoduses and leaving those behind in worse shape than they already were in. And what’s not to say that your new greener pasture upon arrival doesn’t start to decay and then guess what, you’re moving again to a higher ranked server. The cycle will come to an end when enough people refuse to continue chasing servers and quit.

in WvW

styx.7294

Hell, with the lousy reputation lower tier servers have (“dead servers” and the like), ArenaNet ought to give gems for transferring to the smallest WvW population servers.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Hell, with the lousy reputation lower tier servers have (“dead servers” and the like), ArenaNet ought to give gems for transferring to the smallest WvW population servers.

Unless that comes with some severe restrictions, people would just transfer to a bronze server, wait a week, transfer again, until they built up enough gems to go to a server they wanted to go.

Good intention, bad execution

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

X T D.6458

for those that might not remember they used to allow one free transfer a week to any non full server, but had to stop it because of the instability it caused.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

for those that might not remember they used to allow one free transfer a week to any non full server, but had to stop it because of the instability it caused.

and before it was a week, it was a day

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Alteros.3019

Alteros.3019

and before it was a week, it was a day

It only slowed the problem and bought them time to think about a possible solution . But the instability is still very real and ever increasing.

in WvW

styx.7294

Unless that comes with some severe restrictions, people would just transfer to a bronze server, wait a week, transfer again, until they built up enough gems to go to a server they wanted to go.

Good intention, bad execution

The idea would be to go to a lower ranked server would not be as big a reward as to to transfer to a higher ranked one (so that you’d be stuck there without taking a loss).

Edit: It always bugged me that people in huge zergs zergin about get huge kills (despite their tiny and often incompetent contribution) and just get showered in drops and WXP while smaller scale stuff you get fewer everything. Since it’s a multiplayer game and costs are set by what people can afford, that people can earn more in WvW being a zerg than a roamer, you’re basically punished for being a roamer (surprise, Edge of the Mists is popular with people new to the game ‘cause hey it’s rainin XP and shinings and they don’t gotta try).

Gate of Madness

(edited by styx.7294)

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

People are sitting around right now furiously clicking on full servers hoping to catch a window of opportunity to xfer….

Discount/Free transfers will not come close in revitalizing lower tiers, I doubt they would do much at all. What I mean is, it is not in any way, tied to gems. People are not avoiding transferring down simply because of gems. I know that is a popular saying: “why would I go to T8 for the same cost of T2”. It just isn’t the reality.

At this point transferring/farming gold for gems, is so ingrained in the WvW player structure it has basically become a part of the game.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

styx.7294

People are sitting around right now furiously clicking on full servers hoping to catch a window of opportunity to xfer….

Discount/Free transfers will not come close in revitalizing lower tiers, I doubt they would do much at all. What I mean is, it is not in any way, tied to gems. People are not avoiding transferring down simply because of gems. I know that is a popular saying: “why would I go to T8 for the same cost of T2”. It just isn’t the reality.

At this point transferring/farming gold for gems, is so ingrained in the WvW player structure it has basically become a part of the game.

That’s a fair point but the thing that gets me is that changed it to this sort of thing would not hurt WvW. Your point is that it wouldn’t change much and I agree but what change would happen is for the better. This idea has been floated since launch (if not sooner) and nothing has happened on it. Nothing.

The transfer fees are right now are basically random lotteries and there’s not much lost by scrapping the system as it is.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

JGreenleaf.5692

I agree with your comment here about discount and/or free transfers doing little, if anything to revive the lower tiers. On its own, reforming how transfer costs are generated will do little to motivate those seeking to move up or affect the recruiting efforts of those in the upper tiers seeking to finance guild transfers to their servers.

It is part of a change that needs to happen in connection with other changes that incentivize de-stacking. Things being discussed elsewhere such as reducing how much zerging and coverage dictates success or failure and giving more rewards to scouting and defending. Right now it’s simply a battle of who has the biggest, longest running zerg that determines weekly victories. Hence we have stacking.

Derron Fortindom, Mesmer
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

There are things they can do, and things they cannot do.

I read all the time about incentivizing destacking, killing the zerg, etc etc. They won’t/shouldn’t interfere with how people choose to play, BUT they can change transfer cost without interfering with how people choose to play.

I agree with the notion that changing transfer costs might help, but I disagree with the costs provided in this thread. In reality they need to make it prohibitive to move to T1. I mean like 3500 gems prohibitive. Make T2 somewhere in the 2500-2000 gem range. T3 and T4 leave as they are. T5 around 1000 gems. T6 nearer 700. T7 should be cheap, very very cheap. T8 should be free.

It wouldn’t make/force/cause players to destack, but it would provide a very attractive option to players that, on there own, want to destack. It would also….inconvenience players wanting to bandwagon up.

in WvW

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

haha so finally someone posts it. it’s true. transfers right now almost only involves wvw criteria. it is kind of unfair considering the amount of gold we get in the game mode compared to pve. sure, people can call it apples as to oranges in comparison. comes from the same tree though. ahuehuehuehue.

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

I think the whole system needs a rethink

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

A server that is full of queues during Prime Time shouldn’t be so easy to transfer to IMO.
Guilds and players should be encouraged to spread out somehow, even if Guilds want to fight certain Guilds, stacking on 2/3 servers is not the right way to do things.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)