Linked Worlds Transfer Restrictions

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Yes, is exactly like dev said, not much will change. 550-600g for 1800 gems to transfer up vs 500 gems for medium server, the math itself is obvious. The only thing people will fight for is the new players.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

BG should be open cuz sea is so weak

This is the problem that was not addressed. Sure, the score is closer this week. However, the score is only closer because of night capping. Take a look at scoring trend: BG holds sway over much of the NA day…Then at night, TC holds SMC at night, pads the score a bit until the following day when BG wakes up again.

I want real balance throughout the day, not having one server sitting in an empty EB at different times to make the score close.

Right now as Sea is beginning, Bg is ticking 130 and TC is only ticking 42. BG’s Sea is not weak by any stretch of the imagination. Also, you can’t have “real balance” throughout the day. Not when the player base is split in half and divided into NA and EU data centers. Beyond that, human civilization is simply not equally spread across the planet and time zones for “real balance” 24/7. They’ll always be high’s and low’s.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

BG should be open cuz sea is so weak

This is the problem that was not addressed. Sure, the score is closer this week. However, the score is only closer because of night capping. Take a look at scoring trend: BG holds sway over much of the NA day…Then at night, TC holds SMC at night, pads the score a bit until the following day when BG wakes up again.

I want real balance throughout the day, not having one server sitting in an empty EB at different times to make the score close.

Right now as Sea is beginning, Bg is ticking 130 and TC is only ticking 42. BG’s Sea is not weak by any stretch of the imagination. Also, you can’t have “real balance” throughout the day. Not when the player base is split in half and divided into NA and EU data centers. Beyond that, human civilization is simply not equally spread across the planet and time zones for “real balance” 24/7. They’ll always be high’s and low’s.

Simply looking at the current ppt score is not a reliable reflection of coverage. TC has just as many if not more ppl on right now including guild groups TORK and eN running right now and they have been running pretty large all night. BG for much if not all night has been running a pug zerg for the most part. We have just been moving around a lot more and capping stuff, that is why our ppt has been so high. TC has a tendency at night to not recap their stuff for a long time, even though they can do it quickly with their numbers and choose instead to stay on EB.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: kimwriter.5193

kimwriter.5193

What time will this happen?

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I can’t help but feel that the “more harm than good” has been to FA, which doesn’t have the population of DB or JQ to start and has been prevented from picking up players post-matchup.

See screenshot

FA has always been a rather guild-centric server where guilds prefer to do WvW on their own, so to speak, and not so much all blob up on one tag. Even when FA used to face off against lower-populated SBI, when Bannok ran the EBG zerg there, our EBG group would be outnumbered. A lot of the militia who enjoy all getting on one tag and playing a strong PPT game ended up transferring over the years to T1 servers. Go figure.

That said, yes, being set to full means it is more difficult for guilds who want to go up against those server blobs to transfer in.

Attachments:

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I can’t help but feel that the “more harm than good” has been to FA, which doesn’t have the population of DB or JQ to start and has been prevented from picking up players post-matchup.

See screenshot

FA has always been a rather guild-centric server where guilds prefer to do WvW on their own, so to speak, and not so much all blob up on one tag. Even when FA used to face off against lower-populated SBI, when Bannok ran the EBG zerg there, our EBG group would be outnumbered. A lot of the militia who enjoy all getting on one tag and playing a strong PPT game ended up transferring over the years to T1 servers. Go figure.

That said, yes, being set to full means it is more difficult for guilds who want to go up against those server blobs to transfer in.

I’m must happy I can roam on FA and be left alone not getting constant spam “join our party we are SOOO COOL and have cookies BS”. Kinda refreshing.

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Wow the flat out lies from the BG players in this thread are unbelievable.

Neither tork or eN are sea guilds. The only sea guild that TC has running atm is hire, and they raid sporadically.

TC essentially (with a couple of exceptions) always ticks the lowest of the three servers on SEA regardless of which servers they are.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

X T D.6458

Neither tork or eN are sea guilds. The only sea guild that TC has running atm is hire, and they raid sporadically.

TC essentially (with a couple of exceptions) always ticks the lowest of the three servers on SEA regardless of which servers they are.

If your referring to my post above, notice I said “right now” I was commenting on TC’s groups that were out that day at the start of SEA and throughout the night because I was replying to another poster’s comment about the ppt score of a specific time of that day and mentioned what groups TC had out during that time and day. I was not calling TORK or eN SEA guilds.

(edited by X T D.6458)

in WvW

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

As do I. Unfortunately, that’s never going to happen with the current server and matchup structure. Which is why I, and I suspect many others, were hoping for something a little more creative than server merges (linking, whatever..) as a “solution” to population issues. Matchups need to be determined according to the largest population (NA) to avoid massive queues, but this inevitably leaves the smaller off-hours populations scattered across way too many tiers. In the end, WvW for most servers is downright boring for 18 hours of the day.

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

If your referring to my post above, notice I said “right now” I was commenting on TC’s groups that were out that day at the start of SEA and throughout the night because I was replying to another poster’s comment about the ppt score of a specific time of that day and mentioned what groups TC had out during that time and day. I was not calling TORK or eN SEA guilds.

No I would have quoted you if I was aiming that at you.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

X T D.6458

No I would have quoted you if I was aiming that at you.

Fair enough, assumed you meant my post, but all good.

in WvW

Posted by: Mrs Qurly.9372

Mrs Qurly.9372

Hello everyone,

We are going to be removing the artificial transfer restrictions we placed on linked worlds. Linked worlds originally had these restrictions to prevent them from achieving double the population of unlinked worlds, through mass transfers. This safeguard has, so far, proved unnecessary and we think it is doing more harm than good. We’ll be removing this restriction on Monday; which means some worlds that are currently Full will drop to Very High or High. As always, we’ll be closely monitoring world populations after making this change, in case further adjustments are needed.

in WvW

Posted by: Mrs Qurly.9372

Mrs Qurly.9372

Hello McKenna, when on Monday will you be removing the restrictions? Eg; what time GMT. If the world I want to transfer to is still full though – do you have wait lists?

in WvW

Posted by: ZisIzaac.1985

ZisIzaac.1985

Today is monday ,isnt it?

in WvW

kimwriter.5193

Time pls? PLS PLS PLS!

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

She probably meant Tuesday, forgetting that today is a holiday. Its the 4th of July in the US and I doubt anyone is working at Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Shatterstorm.9652

Shatterstorm.9652

Anet’s not that dumb. They knew it was July 4th when they planned for it.

I am hoping that when they say linked worlds that are full that it will definitely be ALL linked worlds that are full.

Also, it would be nice if someone could post all the servers that will be open for transfer.

in WvW

kimwriter.5193

How will we know when they are open? Will there be a patch?

<—-not awaiting this at all!

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

I did forget that Monday was the 4th of July.

So this will be happening tomorrow.

Sorry about that everyone!

in WvW

kimwriter.5193

I want 400 gems for the inconvenience :P

But seriously, thanks for replying. Do we have an idea when it will happen tomorrow?

in WvW

Posted by: Scamp.5296

Scamp.5296

Yes, an approximate time would be nice? At the normal patch time or later?

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

Eh..
Tomorrow it is then…

And thank you for leaving this comment and not leaving us wondering lol.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

but… but… but…. my rage was all primed and ready?? What the heck, what the heck, respect the rage McKenna!!!!!

:) lol

<sigh> now I’ll have to store it for tomorrow

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Qri.6971

Qri.6971

today is tuesday, isnt it?

in WvW

Posted by: ZisIzaac.1985

ZisIzaac.1985

today is tuesday, isnt it?

Today is Tuesday :P

in WvW

Posted by: Lost Biscuit.1058

Lost Biscuit.1058

Can we get an estimated time?

in WvW

Posted by: jumpfire.2356

jumpfire.2356

of the 3 servers t1 only TC is open and is the one that most people have when playing WvW in the 4 maps TC plays with blob like DB while the numbers of players who have BG in defending are minors, should at least put some quotas in BG as people of my clan wants to enter the server to play WvW with us.
sorry for my English: v

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

I would also like an ETA. Need to get transferred out of this hole in the ground otherwise known as tier 4.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Posted by: Scamp.5296

Scamp.5296

Did this go into affect yet? I noticed it looked like some of the servers changed levels, but not the ones that were full, so I thought I’d ask?

in WvW

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

Yes it has, Tc and Bg are the only Full servers on NA now

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

in WvW

Posted by: Anrkides.4083

Anrkides.4083

Eu servers not are full too

Tethyx The Raider,
Necro Raiders [NR]
Gandarian, WvW player from born to death

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Full – Closed
Blackgate = Full
Tarnished Coast = Full

Very High – 1800 gems
Dragonbrand
Jade Quarry
Yak’s Bend

High – 1000 gems
Fort Aspenwood = High
Maguuma = High
Stormbluff Isle = High
Sea of Sorrows = High

Medium – 500 gems
Isle of Janthir
Anvil Rock
Sanctum of Rall
Devona’s Rest
Henge of Denravi
Northern Shiverpeaks
Crystal Desert
Kaineng
EredonTerrace
Borlis Pass
Sorrow’s Furnace
Ferguson’s Crossing
Gate of Madness
Darkhaven
Ehmry Bay

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Now hoping that the people on the quadserver flock over IoJ and AR in seek of their T1 playground.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Lost Biscuit.1058

Lost Biscuit.1058

From the wiki:

“Free accounts are not able to choose a specific server when first set up and cannot transfer to a different server by any method. However on upgrading to a paid account they receive one free transfer to any non-full world. "

Why are many people who have bought HoT not able to get the free transfer? Does this not count as a paid account??

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

About time they opened FA up. BEEP and XT transferred back there tonight.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

ah BEEP too… cool.. I moved my alt over to there! Look forward to seeing you guys

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Tris Apollumenon.6435

Tris Apollumenon.6435

What do you mean by that, Lost Biscuit? If someone was already on a paid account before and then bought HoT, presumably they already had their “paid account free transfer” beforehand. In any case I am puzzled by that wiki article — is it not up to date, perhaps? — because I initially created this account as a free account and I am fairly certain I chose my server during setup, rather than at some later point in time (e.g., not after upgrading). I quite distinctly remember thinking that I liked the sound of the server name and choosing it for that reason…

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Unless they changed recently, free account DO have to pick a server when they are created like anyone else. Worst: they can’t just delete all characters and transfer out for free like a full account (even without HoT you can do that if you had paid for base game). You have to entirely make a new account or upgrade it if you ever want to move.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Unless they changed recently, free account DO have to pick a server when they are created like anyone else. Worst: they can’t just delete all characters and transfer out for free like a full account (even without HoT you can do that if you had paid for base game). You have to entirely make a new account or upgrade it if you ever want to move.

Still works that way, just tried it last week with one of my free accounts. So handing them a free transfer doesn’t bother me.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Digomatic.4218

Digomatic.4218

Until ANet forces the population balance via some other measure ( Map Queues based on average “currently logged in” population which I mentioned in another thread ), we are going to see the same stacked time zones steamroll.

The second accounts, stacked transfers, and mass leaving would all be addressed to protect against the steamroll effect.