List of things WVW needs so it wont be boring

in WvW

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Post your own too guys. These are few I have come up with.

-Let there be a place where you can recruit certain mobs to go attack certain spots. Like say you go to an ogre camp/krait lair/other mob places and then capture them then not only will they run to go protect a keep or camp but have a npc boss guy that you talk to and if there is something that needs attacking like a tower the enemy took. Make it so you can get a team of mobs to go down to that place and attack the tower. Also in this there could be a boss mob spawn that you can send to go help a siege of a tower or keep that spawns every 5 hours. And you can only get it if you have captured the place.

-New siege like the charr bikes. One person moves it 2nd shoots. It is possible i believe but just needs to be worked on to be made. Could also have like the charr siege walls so you can deploy them in front of towers well not like on the door make it so they cant go near the tower it self just a bit off it to protect. Make it like 5g or something. It could add alot of complexity and provide something new. For example a zerg is spotted by your scout and you get ppl to get the walls moving to get in front of the zerg to counter. Make it so ppl can go in it and use the cannon things it got inside but cannons can only be used when the wall isnt moving.

-Server rewards. If a server is winning give the servers pve more bonuses like more exp/gold/loot from dungeons or casual farming. Because as of now there is no point in wvw except for self ego feed to get to number 1. There could be many different things for a winning server and if a server wins give the winning server double exp/drops on mobs for the following 2 days after reset.

-Badge rate increase. This needs to happen because a badge usualy drops every 1 kill out of 5 atm it seems.

-Ranks and armor for certain rank that can be bought with badges. Make ascend on the higher ranks. Rare on lowers and exos in mid. Legendary stuff for the no lifes of wvw could be a very good thing. Make it achievable like 10k badges x amount of tower/keep takes, x amount of siege built, x amount of supplies used, x amount of kills.

-2 more maps. They will be like EB but bigger because EB is way to cluttered. The charr wall siege could be only for these 2 maps since the other 4 we got now are small for a wvw environment. Instead of snow/grass they could be like a cliff/rocky/jungle/woodland/desert areas. Could also have a lava kind area with a volcano or 2. Also we can have 1 castle per 1 new map so EB isn’t the only castle.

-More complex tower/keep/castle. I mean like sniper towers traps you can build defense golems. The option where you can place cannons on the wall instead of ‘’you ordered a cannon upgrade? here is one cannon randomly put in the front’’ Also there could be extensions added as upgrades like an area built across the tower where you can add a bridge that takes you across so you have more options to defend from like the klovan tower in EB.

-Commander achievable or a higher rank of commander only for wvw. Because a lot of people seem to be feed up with the ‘’i played a lot of pve so i think i will spend this 100g and go run around like a noob in wvw’’ It could be like the legendary as stated above.

in WvW

Mosharn.8357

-An npc on the main spawn waypoint which lets the loosing server get things for. Say there are different tiers on how much you have lost. For example there are 4 towers 3 keeps and 6 camps on the map and enemy has 3/4 towers 3/3 keeps 4/6 camps this would let you get things that would help you from the npc. Like a buff on the map like the orbs to the loosing server or siege that gets deployed by the npc you can build so you cant take siege to other maps and do game breaking stuff. This npc can be in like an area you can go to from your spawn that enemy cant get to and do all the stuff listed above.

-Change the out manned buff do actuly do something that would matter for wvw and not pve.

-Sniper rifle build spots on towers/keeps or someone can pick it up and as long as they are in the tower they can use it. (sniper rifles on the plains of ashford map come to mind)

-Take off ressing dead people unless necro. Downed people ressing is fine but dead people ressing should be off. There have been threads about removing dead people ressing because that zerg you killed 5 mins ago is now back at full force which is not fun. This will also give necros a role other than just kiling stuff.

-Classes should be able to do different things for fortifications during attack.(All of the following should be make to only work when inside and defending from a fortification, could be like the weapon switch to change 1-5 skills but in this case 6-0 and 0 being the elite defense skill) Like engineers can repair certain siege, Warriors can set up areas where the defending side can do more damage from or deploy fortification banners(like normal banners but buff more and in a bigger are) Guardians can spawn shields that protect a certain area, Ele can intertwine with certain siege and fire different kind of shots, for example on a catapult the ele lets the person on the siege shoot fire/ice/electrified/hmm(earth y u troll me here) Rangers could give out buffs that increase range of people in certain areas, Necros can res more 2-3 dead people at once(this would have a long cooldown because it is a powerful ability) They can also summon siege minions on the walls or anywhere near the fortification. Like a big tank like minion(anyone played left for dead remember the tanks? somethin like that) Minions that shoot like catas but do less dmg and can move around in the area they were summoned, Mesmers could deploy illusionary siege or create shield like structures on walls that reflect projectiles. Cant think of anything for thief atm

will post more when i can think of em again.. just got up

in WvW

Posted by: Nethril.7413

Nethril.7413

—Classes should be able to do different things for fortifications during attack.(All of the following should be make to only work when inside and defending from a fortification, could be like the weapon switch to change 1-5 skills but in this case 6-0 and 0 being the elite defense skill) Like engineers can repair certain siege, Warriors can set up areas where the defending side can do more damage from or deploy fortification banners(like normal banners but buff more and in a bigger are) Guardians can spawn shields that protect a certain area, Ele can intertwine with certain siege and fire different kind of shots, for example on a catapult the ele lets the person on the siege shoot fire/ice/electrified/hmm(earth y u troll me here) Rangers could give out buffs that increase range of people in certain areas, Necros can res more 2-3 dead people at once(this would have a long cooldown because it is a powerful ability) They can also summon siege minions on the walls or anywhere near the fortification. Like a big tank like minion(anyone played left for dead remember the tanks? somethin like that) Minions that shoot like catas but do less dmg and can move around in the area they were summoned, Mesmers could deploy illusionary siege or create shield like structures on walls that reflect projectiles. Cant think of anything for thief atm

While I don’t think WvW NEED anything to be fun, as I enjoy it now, but some new stuff never hurts.

- Thief can climb walls / battlements like in DAOC to take out enemy snipers, infiltrate the keep early to set up internal counter seige, ETC? Then again, anything given to thief will be considered OP LOL.

- I like the idea of new larger maps, possibly to replace EB ultimately with one gigantic map. Leave the BL’s alone as they are good for server pride.

Zyrith – Thief | Morden Krad – Guardian | Nethril – Warrior
[ACEN] Ascension | Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I want borderland maps to be rehauled. It is really boring to fight in the same map over again.

Red team gets a Fireheart rise/Flame Legion environment.

Blue Team gets snow environment.

Green Team gets a plains/foresty environment.

As the server fights further, more of the environment turns into the server’s environment. If the blue team dominates the entire map, the entire map becomes a snow environment. Then there will be new creatures that lives there because slugs can’t live on snow environments.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Engineer grappling hooks! counter: unhinge
Rope ladders! counter: fire
Repair own siege.
Trebs never despawn unless the owner logs off/ switches maps.
Remove terrain blocking camera when operating siege. ie. Get rid of camera shake when you build a treb beside something and try to look around it.
Increase range of use on trebs similar to that of ballistas currently.
Fix lag issues when sieging SM inner. Dropping settings to Best Performance doesn’t help enough.
Fix wall jumping. Some older ones have been fixed, but not all.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: quercus.9261

quercus.9261

minefields
and the sharks should have rockets

in WvW

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

The only thing WvW needs is more players that are interested in PvP and less players that are interested in rewards.

Edit: Take that partially back — it could use some interesting Titles that would be shown to allies/enemies.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in WvW

Mosharn.8357

and this is why we never get any where and only get new maps and some 3 hour long event for 2 rares 2 exos and some other crap.

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

WvWvW weekly achivements. – in order to benefit WvWvW bonusses you must complete wvwvw achivements – 100 Kills / 5 towers assaulted / 3 keeps assaulted /5 towers defended .

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Main thing I would like to see is if your above somebody say on top of a tower or a cliff your range is increased. If your below say on the ground attacking a keep/tower shooting up at the wall your range is decreased. Second thing I would like to see is the Bay get some loving the place is always being trebbed to heck and back.

in WvW

Posted by: Erlex.4518

Erlex.4518

Guys guys. WvW doesnt need any of those crazy things to be more fun. You don’t need Charr Bikes that shoot laser beams, or sharks that ride on rapters backs….

What it needs is a better, more fulfilling reward system. The community itself with fix any “fun” issues if more people get involved. I’m not saying it needs to throw exotics at you when you play, but there should be more than a badge every 10 kills that you gotta remember to pick up off the ground mid combat…

There should be a form of points that you gain for doing things just like the team points, but individual ones. You can gain these from tower captures, kills, keep captures, all that stuff. Access to item skins based on number of points you’ve gained would also be a big boost. Things will get a lot more interesting when you have more than just people fighting for realm pride out there.

Small side note, you should totally be able to see peoples names when you target them. Its ridiculous how much anonymity there is in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: DoomMagick.5963

DoomMagick.5963

Towers and Keeps to get weapons/tools or any sort of usable supplies with charges or fixed duration and leashed to that tower’s/keep’s location(like guild buffs). Questing through the game shows there is a variety of things that already exist.

Upgrades to allow assault squads including a supply yak(~30 supply, enough for 2 rams for a group of 5) similar to neutral areas that would attack closest enemy ground, this would help smaller groups or a single party with keeping pressure on the enemy.

And of course weekly achievements, even sPvP got them.

Delay on log outs…no brainer.

Make commander useful other than an icon..like squad finish that.

in WvW

Posted by: Rehk.6574

Rehk.6574

More areas that are just open killing fields / Forests / rolling hills.

Upgradeable spike traps / Flame Traps

A network of Tunnels connecting to Dungeon room areas of the keeps where its possible to attack from (possibly underwater) This would open up more avenues of attack and make defense more interesting.

Seige Ladders (30-50 Supply) for scaling walls.

Canyons.

Cave networks

Possible Large meta group event where players can turn in trophies from the dead to summon Fire Effigies, Dragons, Bribe Ettins, or some kind of giant NPC to fight for their server (just 1 summonable boss per server, maybe a different one for red/blue/and green , that just roams around the map or flys around the map and periodically strafes down along castles and spews fire.)

in WvW

Posted by: LegoTechnic.5910

LegoTechnic.5910

minefields
and the sharks should have rockets

Also lasers. Big ones.

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

Underground tunnelling dredge cars that carry 5 people under a wall or like 800 range etc.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Undermine.5391

Undermine.5391

Nothing really needs to change except, culling, stealth balancing, and more educated/inspired realm defenders…

As for your comment on badges… I get about 100-200 a day from solo killing or doing the highest burst damage in a zerg. To get badges you have to do majority of the damage. And I get them in almost every kill.

As for it being boring for you, perhaps WvW is not for you? I find it fun as it is.

in WvW

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

New maps would be really nice but I don’t think they should be different per borderland. All 3 should be the same to keep it fair. People will be whining about such and such map being easier to defend. Add in some varying weather with an effect. Have a hurricane that causes speed boosts to be reduced. Snow that causes people to randomly slip.