Looking for a lower ranked NA server

in WvW

Posted by: Dsybok.1405

Dsybok.1405

If you are looking for a perfect opportunity to get into a server that is about to remake itself, was never very zergy in the first place and is now even less so, FC would be worth a look.

FC was called ZERGuson’s for a reason…

I think its kinda funny folks from AR and ET saying FC is zergy. I guess its all about perspective, back when we were all tier 8 bottom feeders both those servers used to be fun to fight but now they struggle to field 10 people on a map. AR is truly dead from what I can see.

So sure, anything north of 10 people is going to get them screaming zerg. Most of us FC on the other hand cannot stand SF and GOM mega zergs which will out blob our entire WvW population on just one BL map.

FC BL will have normally 8-10 people total roaming in small groups unless there is a crisis, ie an enemy has come to zerg or an all out golem rush, and we have to manage sometimes with far less late night NA.

I don’t have a feel for how things are going to go now that WZ and EDGE have left, but I think we are going to get better, with smaller more focused groups and less blobbing.

We call you zergy because of how you fight. Unless your zerg outnumbers us by at least 3 to 1 you all run, hide, fight from a tower with siege. Same goes for 90% of your roamers, I chased 2 of them back to bay and they didn’t come out to fight until they had 5 people. Heck, there was several times today that you all jumped off cliffs at hills to avoid fighting. Why not at least try to fight if you are just going to kill yourselves?

5 is not a zerg last time I checked.

Myself personally, I do not engage in small group fights, I don’t like that part of the game, I enjoy big open field battles or sieges on strategic targets. I only play a staff ele for sieging towers and doing large amounts of damage to large groups of players from the periphery of the battle. If you come across me roaming or running in a small group and that’s your play style, you are going to kill me, so I find it much more fun to tick you off and try and get away, for which I have many tools, than to attempt what will be a VERY short and unproductive fight for me.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Ascenion of Elements
Sylvari Ele main

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

If you are looking for a perfect opportunity to get into a server that is about to remake itself, was never very zergy in the first place and is now even less so, FC would be worth a look.

FC was called ZERGuson’s for a reason…

I think its kinda funny folks from AR and ET saying FC is zergy. I guess its all about perspective, back when we were all tier 8 bottom feeders both those servers used to be fun to fight but now they struggle to field 10 people on a map. AR is truly dead from what I can see.

So sure, anything north of 10 people is going to get them screaming zerg. Most of us FC on the other hand cannot stand SF and GOM mega zergs which will out blob our entire WvW population on just one BL map.

FC BL will have normally 8-10 people total roaming in small groups unless there is a crisis, ie an enemy has come to zerg or an all out golem rush, and we have to manage sometimes with far less late night NA.

I don’t have a feel for how things are going to go now that WZ and EDGE have left, but I think we are going to get better, with smaller more focused groups and less blobbing.

We call you zergy because of how you fight. Unless your zerg outnumbers us by at least 3 to 1 you all run, hide, fight from a tower with siege. Same goes for 90% of your roamers, I chased 2 of them back to bay and they didn’t come out to fight until they had 5 people. Heck, there was several times today that you all jumped off cliffs at hills to avoid fighting. Why not at least try to fight if you are just going to kill yourselves?

5 is not a zerg last time I checked.

Myself personally, I do not engage in small group fights, I don’t like that part of the game, I enjoy big open field battles or sieges on strategic targets. I only play a staff ele for sieging towers and doing large amounts of damage to large groups of players from the periphery of the battle. If you come across me roaming or running in a small group and that’s your play style, you are going to kill me, so I find it much more fun to tick you off and try and get away, for which I have many tools, than to attempt what will be a VERY short and unproductive fight for me.

I wasn’t calling 5 a zerg. I was saying that even though they had the chance for a 2v1 against a longbow power ranger they would rather hide in bay until they could make it a 5v1. I’m might start running with a bear to try and tempt you guys even more.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Alysia.4635

Alysia.4635

[…]
every time i turned around last night it was “15 AR at bay!” “30AR at garri!” etc etc etc. .

Please, I would pay to have under my command 15 or 30 AR… we would be in tier 5 or 6….

But back in the discussion!!!

First of all, don’t touch Ajax Blue!!! He is the master of tricks, of nonsense-blablabla and insane discussion… one of the reasons why i play in wvw is to listen his crazy monologues!

Low tiers have an advantage over higher ones: You play in small teams, move fast and PvP is manageable because of low numbers.

If you like wvw, in AR you will find the opportunity to: solo playing, small group pvp or in EB zerg fighting. Thats the reason I stay in AR: a small tight community, lot on fun in map chat and teamspeak, hard fights with our friends in ET and ebay (no, not the web site :p)

If you are commander, you have another advantage: ppl that follow you will listen and is open minded in tring new strategies and tactics. I love my AR-ppl <3.

So… the choice is yours: you can join large community server and be a deadbody roaming around, join a middle tier and find lot of zerg vs zerg, or join low tiers and have fun in solo playng, pvp, small groups vs small groups or try the zerg vs zerg experience…

Alysia

AR- Commander (on holiday!)

in WvW

Posted by: Dsybok.1405

Dsybok.1405

I don’t think I would shy away from a 2v1, but we have had a lot of really useless uplevels running around our BL lately, and they are for whatever reason very afraid to die and seem to turn around and run in the other direction if they even sniff danger. Someone needs to tell em there’s no penalty for death any more.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Ascenion of Elements
Sylvari Ele main

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

We have coordinated units not zergs more often then not. When you see more then 10 of any one tag they are likely in teamspeak and they are coordinated with other guilds across the server. That is the value of the DR community. We work as a team to achieve our goals of fun and fights. If you choose to come to DR feel free to look me up. Would be glad to help you get to know your new neighbors.

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

So. A zerg then.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

If zerg = random uncoordinated lacking communication sigil huggers… Then no.

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L