Looking for info on lag in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

I play on SOS

No whenever I feel the lag everyone else has been as well.

I would assume that DB and Mag have had the same basic experience.

• What kind of issue are you specifically having that could be related to lag?

FPS lag (causes, often misnamed as “skill lag”)

• What server are you on?

Dragonbrand

• Has there ever been a time when you or a friend are experiencing lag, while others in your party are not?

Same as my SOS counterpart, above. We all experience it, but to varying degrees.

This is linked to the CPU binding of data throughput for the client. We have talked this out in-guild and in-server, finding that FPS in battle scales with both the strength and make/model of CPU and north-bridge parts. Intel still performs better than AMD for this game.

• Do you experience the lag at very specific times?

In any fight where FPS/skill lag is at its worst my AMD machine will hit 5-15FPS where an Intel player next to me will hit ~20FPS. A very high-end Intel player in-guild reports >30FPS in all fights.

The severity scales with number of participants to the battle. It’s that simple. This hasn’t fundamentally changed since game release.

I maintain 60+ FPS even in zerg fights I haven’t seen an FPS drop at all this week. I still get the skill lag.

That’s an example of real server-side skill lag on a machine that doesn’t lag itself on the CPU binding issues that the client also has.

It’s important for the devs to sort these differences in the reports because very different reasons cause similar sounding behavior in the reports.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: Dstroya.6705

Dstroya.6705

- Skill lag and rubber banding
- Sorrows Furnace
- one of us often rubberbands while roaming in a small group. usually between 9pm-10pm central time
- On 3/26 at above time, Commander of Zerg containing roughly 25 people was difficult to follow due to rubber banding.
- Skill lag when zerg versus zerg if over 20 people total running around.

Players Killing Players [PVP] – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: johnpoc.8732

johnpoc.8732

-Skill lag, action freezes
-Devona’s Rest
-No, most of the times is just 2 or 3 of us lagging
-Not sure
-Skill lag is always there and gets worse when approaching a fight, that’s when freezes appear

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

in WvW

Posted by: River Willow.6721

River Willow.6721

What kind of issue are you specifically having that could be related to lag?
Can’t move, can’t use keep/tower portals, yaks standing still, severe rubber-banding, skills delay or won’t activate at all (press 1 and nothing happens as if not pressed).
What server are you on?
Blackgate
Has there ever been a time when you or a friend are experiencing lag, while others in your party are not?
No
Has there ever been a time where one party in a map is experiencing lag, while other parties in that same map are not?
Not that I know about
Do you experience the lag at very specific times?
I play at few different times and the problem is persistent anytime there are groups of 20 or more on the map. The larger the numbers, the more severe and long-lasting the problems are. I started noticing this after the EotM patch and it has grown much worse since then. I experience these problems regardless of proximity to combat.

in WvW

Posted by: Ceeps.3185

Ceeps.3185

Last week, myself and others on Fort Aspenwood were having frequent disconnects while in Eternal Battlegrounds. This was a new issue for me, I believe unrelated to skill lag, which has been around for ages, especially during 3 way zerg fights. After going to character select and getting back in (it was queued at the time), it repeatedly happened. Someone suggested I log out of the client completely, and then come back. That seemed to work for me, although it may have been a fluke. After logging out, I didn’t disconnect for a lengthy period of time while on Eternal Battlegrounds.

I later experienced a massive framerate drop followed by a freeze (forcing me to ctrl+alt+delete and stop the GW2 process from the task manager) while approaching an enemy zerg of SBI. Other people in the teamspeak at the time experienced it shortly before I did, and had to restart and come back in the map. I restarted, came back in, and it happened again, so I logged off for the evening. I don’t believe it was happening to everyone in the area, because plenty of players were still fighting.

Skill lag has been happening during large fights for as long as I can remember. It’s hard to give estimates of numbers.

Unrelated, but after one of the recent patches sometimes my character seems to get stuck and I need to perform some kind of emote to become ‘unstuck’ (No, I’m not getting stuck after building a flame ram, no I’m not stunned or immobilized)

Ceeps
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: mycutzoce kuray.2516

mycutzoce kuray.2516

I guess we shouldn’t expect an apology for being treated like little kiddies each time we complained about lag issues and you told us “get a better connection”?

sfr, slappin’ yaks deep behind enemy lines

in WvW

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

LAG all the time in WvW, some maps are worse then others… Gets exponentially worse when facing a group of Blackgate players. When facing a large group Tarnished Coast players, it’s not as bad as facing a much smaller group of Blackgate players, which is quite odd.

in WvW

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Thanks everyone! We’re looking into a potential lead on the issue. Keep posting info for now, I’ll try to keep you all up-to-date.

in WvW

Posted by: Exustio.1784

Exustio.1784

*What kind of issue are you specifically having that could be related to lag?
Skill delay and rubberbanding

*What server are you on?
Ruins of Surmia

*Has there ever been a time when you or a friend are experiencing lag, while others in your party are not?
No, my whole guild (~20ish) all at the same time, same problems

*Has there ever been a time where one party in a map is experiencing lag, while other parties in that same map are not?
No, my whole guild (~20ish) all at the same time, same problems

*Do you experience the lag at very specific times?
So far only when we raid (between 8-12pm CET

*If so, can you estimate how many players are in each zerg?
~20ish with a handful of pugs

Band Of Royal Daggers [BORD]

in WvW

Posted by: Cyro.8405

Cyro.8405

• Skill lag and screen freezes
  • Jade Quarry
  • There has been a few time during random fights.
  • Oh this is pretty common during the NA timezone. On certain days there’ll be big fights with a nice map blob. The players ranges from 40-80ish depending on the guild that’s running that night. This happens very often during reset night and seeing how season is starting tomorrow, there’ll be more people on and of course with people comes lags. Do fix this soon…

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I honestly don’t think it matters which server you’re on. When you have a 3 way battle inside the SM Lord’s room, all servers would experience the same skill lag.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in WvW

Posted by: zerosouls.4750

zerosouls.4750

Cannot change attunements, spamming skills only result in blinking icon-no skill being cast, occasional rubber banding

What server are you on?
JQ

Has there ever been a time when you or a friend are experiencing lag, while others in your party are not?
Everything seems to be concentrated on where the Zerg content is.

Has there ever been a time where one party in a map is experiencing lag, while other parties in that same map are not?
Like I said before, it only seems to be effecting anyone near the zerg

Yes, specifically when there is a zerg nearby. Usually can tell if an enemy zerg is behind a gate or wall due to lag.

If so, can you estimate how many players are in each zerg?
30v30 zerg seems to be right about when I can notice some noticeable lag. As numbers increase skills become lagged and rubberbanding will happen in very tight areas like garrison, lords room, etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Delta.2093

Delta.2093

Already answered the questions, just adding these:

Skill lag happens at any FPS – and while improving the code to get better FPS on low-end machines it’s good, keeping skill lag under 1 second is essential. FPS can be a problem too, but this is about skill lag — which occurs at any FPS.

Also Skill Lag was better about a month ago – since code improvements were announced, things get better and better, than drastically fallen back (around the Save 1200 Lion’s Arch citizen patch) to almost pre-optimizations values. This should give a clue, to look at what changed at that time, code or hardware (or both). Lag was still there, it’s a bit “normal” to have it in major clashes – but you already demonstrated that this can be kept under 1 seconds (in up to 200 player on map fights), and falling back resulted in so much lag reports, since over 3 seconds skill lag mostly will kill you, it’s unplayable.

EDIT: I have a “high-end PC”, but those on low-end will have a huge FPS drop too in major clashes, and their PC may not respond properly under those conditions. They may see this as “skill lag” too (it is for them), but that’s different case. Not everyone is expert here, that’s fine, but those who know, can separate the “button press sent” and “waiting for the server to answer” (aka skill button it’s in flashing mode), even on 60+ FPS, and “server response arrived in 3-4 seconds later” – vs. the “my FPS dropped to 1 FPS or less…” and “can’t control anything, anymore” (including healing or dodging).

Delta | Spell (M) | Bold (W) | Conde (N) | Sky (El) | Flames (G) | Heart (T)
[FUG/SG/TDT] on the Jade Quarry

(edited by Delta.2093)

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Several of my fellow Quarrians already posted everything I’ve experienced. Lag has been fairly good until Feb. 21st. I noticed it quite harshly out of the blue. I made a thread about it immediately to info and get the date down. So if you are looking for a timeline, for me it was then.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Sometimes Disconnects, often Rubberbanding and Skills that don’t work that leads to the infamous line “Zergs only press number 1”

What server are you on?
Desolation

Nope, it’s mapwide lag that effects everyone of course.

Nope.

When there are 20+ man zergs from each Server clashing on the map, blobs clashing results in even worse rubberbanding though that even lasts after the fight has ended.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: DontPaniC.8740

DontPaniC.8740

Skill lag, rubber-banding, and disconnects from server
    Yak’s Bend
  • Has there ever been a time when you or a friend are experiencing lag, while others in your party are not?
    Yes all the time
  • Has there ever been a time where one party in a map is experiencing lag, while other parties in that same map are not?
    don’t think so, no idea really
    traveling across maps as a zerg (everyone on our side) after buffing swiftness and some small scale battles 5v5 10vs10 Mostly eternal bg
    • For example, when 1 zerg is facing another zerg.
      no none during large sale battles
    • If so, can you estimate how many players are in each zerg?

Extra I.P. Comcast

(edited by DontPaniC.8740)

in WvW

Posted by: mycutzoce kuray.2516

mycutzoce kuray.2516

only play sfr eb
The lag doesn’t seem related to what happens on the map (except for sm battles, those always lag).
I mostly roam with a small group, we keep as far away from any zerg, including our own, as much as possible, yet for the last month the game seems to lag 10% to a quarter of the time, and by lag I mean unplayable levels of skill delay.

Now, I have no idea what kind of load balancing you guys have, but because of the cyclic nature, the fact that it never lasts for too long (a coupe of minutes at most, usually less) and the fact that it seems mostly unrelated to what goes on on the map it seems like a lazy machine in a round robin algorithm.

Another thing that I was presuming for some time and that I became convinced last night is that sometimes, in a fight, only one side might lag. Some time ago an opponent joined my party after we defeated their group and asked how come we didn’t have lag when they did. Since then we noticed numerous times that in some fights, while we spam a skill for seconds at a time before it actually does anything, the opponents seem to not have any problems with that. Last night, being a particularly laggy session (our party got disbanded because people got tired of the lag) we went to lengths to check this.

Would a ping plotter snapshot help with anything? You can ask for specifics, there are plenty of guys here that could help with techy stuff.

sfr, slappin’ yaks deep behind enemy lines

in WvW

Posted by: Krumbotor.9064

Krumbotor.9064

[…]
Also Skill Lag was better about a month ago – since code improvements were announced, things get better and better, than drastically fallen back (around the Save 1200 Lion’s Arch citizen patch) to almost pre-optimizations values. This should give a clue, to look at what changed at that time, code or hardware (or both).
[…]

Definitely yes, you should start searching with the changes that have been made around the battle for Lions Arch release, thats when Skill lag got out of hand in WvW

“But unfortunately this is the real world, not some fantasy land” Winni Asuran Offspring

in WvW

Posted by: Krengy.6705

Krengy.6705

Skill lag, rubber-banding, etc.

Not being able to move or get ported back to a spot you where 5-10 secs earlier, skill lag (also in chat) and locked out from skill use (only way to get rid of it is to go into downed state and get back up (that happens also in pve with [TTS] events during triple wurm or teq)

What server are you on?

WvW problems where on Darkhaven (HoD is my server since yesterday, cant tell if i have it there also) but it also happens on other servers, with [TTS] we go to a different server every day and most issues i experience are not bound to WvW but more to events with zergs

No, its always with more people

in WvW yes but those people are not close to the zerg then but when it happens with PvE its mostly a lot of people at the same time

For example, when 1 zerg is facing another zerg.

Yes when zergs meet (and in PvE when bosses go into a different phase/adds spawning)
WvW zergs it starts from 25 per zerg, in pve it is mostly when the map is hardcapped

HoD [ANBU]

(edited by Krengy.6705)

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Skilllag were the skill never goes off and my bar just keeps on blinking or skillag were it takes a few seconds before the spell goes off.
    I also dc for no reason
    I don’t rubberband much, only happen a few times, but i seen a lot of people having rubberband issues.
    I have not really had any of this problems before, they came about a month back or so.
    Ring of Fire, How ever we just moved from Aurora Glade and it was exact same problems there.
    Mostly there is everybody, but there have been situations were some have and some don’t. At those situations there seem to be no reason that is valid though, like those that do have skillags have crappy connections or pc, it seem to randomly pick off people, and especially when it comes to disconnects.
    I have a good connection and up to a month ago i pretty much never dc, but the last month random dc hit me many times
  • Has there ever been a time where one party in a map is experiencing lag, while other parties in that same map are not?
    Pretty much same answer as above.
    Depends on what lags you are looking for. Disconnects have no specifics, can be in the middle of a fight, or when standing in spawn. Skill lags mostly happens with zergs around +40.

Also i have no clue if it have any regards to the lags, but we get stuck a lot for no reason. Only way to get out of this is to either type /sit in chat or throw out siege. This has been a problem before around siege when building them , but the last month it spread and you can suddenly get stuck in the middle of a battle. And i tell you it is rather stressfull to see a hammertrain of +40 running towards you whilst you need to stop and type /sit or throw out siege to get unstuck.

in WvW

Posted by: Heather.4823

Heather.4823

• Rubber-banding, movement lag and skill lag. If the zerg is massive, then my skills don’t even register
  • Aurora Glade
  • Sometimes people get the lag a little earlier than others, but in the end we all get it
  • Everyone gets the lag on the same map
  • The lag happens everytime without fail when there is a zerg. If the zerg is very big then it becomes unplayable, same for 3 way fights, it is unplayable.
Siren – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Zord.6457

Zord.6457

- Mostly skill lag, sometimes rubberbanding as well.
- Tarnished Coast
- According to map/guild chat, everyone experiences the same
- See above
- Generally if there is a fight involving more than about 50 people total, lag starts to become noticeable, on large scale 3way fights it’s pretty much unplayable.

There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in
learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

in WvW

Posted by: Terapred.5214

Terapred.5214

Skill lag, rubber-banding, etc.

i am experiencing skill lags in general, and in heavy fights charachters around , sometimes, “teleport” around

What server are you on?
my server is Seafarer Rest

Has there ever been a time when you or a friend are experiencing lag, while others
in your party are not?

usually not, only on rare occasions.

rarely – usually if i lag, all are lagging

when we are like more than 60 players( enemy and us all together) lags seems to start appear. not only in same place tho.
say there is a fight in garrison, and we passing near it… we experience lag , usually skill lags. aka heal skills, utility skills, leaps etc…
in prime time it is usually all the times when map is full it is on a daily basis and really hurts game experience.
ty

in WvW

Posted by: hmsgoddess.3869

hmsgoddess.3869

Hey all,

We’ve been seeing a lot more threads popping up about skill lag & other lag related issues lately. Also, we’ve experienced it ourselves.

I would like to get some more information to see if there’s something we can do to mitigate, or fix the issue completely. Here’s what I’m looking for (please try to answer every question if possible):

• Skill lag, rubber-banding, etc.

Please try to be as brief/concise as possible. We’re not looking for stories of when you experienced this, just some solid data.

If you can think of anything else you believe is pertinent to this topic, feel free to share that as well.

Thanks all!

Oh my this one is loaded for me, personally I have never had horrible lag until the last few weeks (unless on EB in a smc take with tons of players). This week for example, all NPCs and enemy players disappeared. I keep running and pushing buttons nothing my skills went into over drive like i was using them even when I wasn’t I ran from bay to vale and back again no enemies even though ts is giving me a play by play of the action. Ran back to bay then got rubberbanded back to vale and in the think of a fight that was long over, my server mates had moved to briar as the fighting had moved there I was still in vale fighting and they were there. It was funny in a way but sucked because I missed out on all my stuff. This happened 2 to 3 times in the last few weeks. I logged off the game when they did to frustrating to play.

Far Shiverpeaks
    See the top question/answer I posted of 1 example.
    I don’t recall one party vs another. Although there has been times when 2 or 3 of my crew/guildies did at same time but others didn’t and we were all running together.
    If you mean am/pm its hard to say as I always play at the same time. So I can only go on that.
    well my “zerg” is my guildies and maybe a few heroes thrown in the numbers are usually around 20. However the enemies have numbered far more than that.
    Lately the enemies have been numbering 40+ as FSP has faced #3 team and other high pop servers. My zerg usually around 20 unless it was a garrison defend then EB crew comes over.
~ Emma Vine Sixty Nine Shades Of [NUDE] – Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

I play a mesmer on Seafarer’s Rest… I don’t see as much rubber banding during the times I play (10am-3pm and midnight-5am GMT) – sometimes the commanders tag on the map will bounce about a bit.

There are two problems I notice… myself and others disconnecting – often in the middle of a cap after the foes are dead.

The other issue is skills… sometimes you can be pressing the same skill over and over again until eventually it fires… the casting times stated on skills rarely if ever equate to the actual cast time… related to this, I find that there is often a massive delay on some skills doing what they are supposed to do – so much of a delay that sometimes the effects don’t actually fire and you are left thinking the skill is broken… the two biggest examples of this that stand out for me, are speed boost from chaos storm and the added boons from using veil.

It is incredibly frustrating when you are fighting 1v1 with somebody and the only reason they win is because you are only playing with half a skill bar… keeping in mind that each misfired skill is also wasting time from pressing a skill that actually fires. Or you go to interrupt a warrior and they interrupt you first despite your skills supposedly having faster fire times. I hate losing because of skill problems… I don’t mind losing to skilled players.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

(edited by Nymph of Meliai.6739)

in WvW

Posted by: Ransom.1362

Ransom.1362

Skills not executing when you press the key; Extreme rubberbanding when using skills that teleport you/move you over distances
    Skill Lag, Rubber-banding, crashes
    Jade Quarry
    As far as I’m aware when it gets laggy, everyone on the entire map is lagging.
    Usually the lag is map-wide, but in some instances it’s only in specific areas, say Stonemist Castle.
    The lag hits the hardest when there are big zerg fights. Sometimes lasting for 15 minutes after the fight ends if there is a massive 3-way.

The more players, the worse the lag. It’s usually fine up until we get into the 40-50 players per zerg.

Thank you Anet for looking into this, much appreciated

in WvW

Posted by: seineith.7048

seineith.7048

TYPES

• Essentially all of the above – skill lag, rubber-banding, chat lag.

I’m on Jade Quarry. As far as I know, when I experience it, everyone on the map is experiencing it.

The times for lag is weird. I can get it very early on in the morning with not much going on, or at prime time. It doesn’t even seem to matter the size of the zerg – we’ve sometimes fought massive 2v1s and I don’t experience much lag all. It seems to go through random spikes that seem to correlate with larger zergs (at least 50+, but is not necessarily the case), but when the spikes happen, they last for upwards of an hour or longer, making the game essentially unplayable.

THANK YOU for addressing this finally. We’ve mostly noticed it happening since the most recent patch last Friday, and it has been extremely, extremely bad.

NERDKITTEN | ICE TI
http://twitch.tv/nerdkitten

in WvW

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

- Skill lag, rubber-banding, movement lag, timeout then dc
    -Aurora Glade
    -Yes but very rarely
    -Nope…
    - From morning til late night is horrible on EB, even though my server got outnumbered buff. It’s much better after midnight.Home Borderland seem to be a bit better. Zerg vs Zerg on EB = guaranteed lag. Even if 30-30 or so

in WvW

Posted by: Phlakez.5817

Phlakez.5817

– skill-lags (delay 1-30sec), skills cant be activated at all, rubber-banding, dc (dc to char-screen), chat lag, movement lag

What server are you on?
– Elonareach

– yes but not often

– EB always lags, BLs sometimes if there are big zergs on the map
– last days lags were much more on BLs, even if there are no big zergs
– If there is a zerg (~50 ppl) near to you, you recognize skillags before you can see the enemy players
– the last week i had many dcs and skill lags which seems to be completely random

in WvW

Posted by: Gnaver.8290

Gnaver.8290

Skill-lags up to one minute, no activation, no dmg to ppl when in lag (just seeing invulnerable), chat lag, movement lag

Server: Seafarers Rest

always whole party/zerg lags at the same time

specific times: before encountering zerg, more than 50 ppl in sight and also when fighting near structution like castle, tower, in the open the fight seems less laggy.

in WvW

Posted by: rhayan.9580

rhayan.9580

-Skill lag, rubber-banding, DC

What server are you on?
-Henge of Denravi

-Yes

-Yes

-Cant get near zerg this week.

Other info:

Feb (estimate)
-2 weeks good connection
-2 weeks skill lag and rubber banding

March
-1st week experiencing skill lag but still ok
-2nd week connection was good
-3rd week skill lag and rubber banding, can’t fight decently during zerg fight 25vs25
-4th week get dc or 1 min lag every time I get near Zerg fight

-I play from South East Asia
-My connection during the previous season was a lot better than today

Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: crazy.9083

crazy.9083

Terrible skill lag, rubber banding on SFR at reset.
On EB, everyone had it.
I have noticed, however, that since the last patch the lag in general has been worse for me. I never had lag in pve but now I do. The game feels very ‘clunky’.

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Bumping to reduce duplicate/unproductive threads.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: Skooma.2495

Skooma.2495

Hey all,

We’ve been seeing a lot more threads popping up about skill lag & other lag related issues lately. Also, we’ve experienced it ourselves.

I would like to get some more information to see if there’s something we can do to mitigate, or fix the issue completely. Here’s what I’m looking for (please try to answer every question if possible):

Please try to be as brief/concise as possible. We’re not looking for stories of when you experienced this, just some solid data.

If you can think of anything else you believe is pertinent to this topic, feel free to share that as well.

Thanks all!

- both kind of laggs
- seafarer’s rest
- nope
- yep, happened from time to time
- the laggs depend on the numbers of players fighting imho (starts laggin when more than 60 guys are fighting)

in WvW

Posted by: amax.8034

amax.8034

1. Skill Lag/Blinking skills, Players Teleporting , Players walking around in walls/cliffs and then suddenly fast forward to regular/normal state. By fast forwarind I mean suddenly seing all the skills they’ve casted while they we’re appearing to walk into walls, all those skills casted in like 3 seconds and then back to regular, server delay or something.

2. Seafarer’s Rest

3. Yes, sometimes me or my mates… more often in the last few months.

4. No, usually we all lagg or in rare occasions it’s the case of question 3

5 No, it happens randomly sometimes extreme massive lag even though we are like 5-10ppl fighting and no zerg around….. two zergs fighting doesn’t produce any noticeable lag….and sometimes only certain areas of the map have massive lag spikes, even though there are no zergs around. By massive i mean all the problems listed at question 1.

in WvW

Posted by: Sakura No Seirei.6120

Sakura No Seirei.6120

- Skill Lag: This can range from Utility Skills and AoEs not firing when activated all the way to the ‘1’ skill on your weapon failing to work. Skill Lag tends to start when any 3-way fight occurs, even if one of the sides is only 1 or 2 players, and the other two sides are about 30 in number each, and reaches the point where no skill activates when 30+ on each side is engaged in a 3-way fight. If the skill lag is only effecting AoE and utility skills then the lag drops off the further you are from the fight, but if the lag reaches the point when no skill, or only the ‘1’ skill activates, then the lag effects the entire map and effects all actions taken, including building, using siege, or taking supply.

- Lag during 3-way starts even when one side hasn’t engaged in combat. Just being close enough will start severe lag happening. The same can happen if a large zerg is close to your zerg. Even though there is no fighting and only two sides are present the lag noticeably increases, enough that sudden skill lag is now used as an indicator that a zerg is incoming.

- Some teleporting across the map/rubber banding, although generally mild. However, the server can lose track of where my character is when I exit any structure with a wall (keep, garri, tower, etc). When that happens the client will insist I’ve left the building and will continue with me running and activating skills as normal, but the server will insist I haven’t left the structure. The only sure way I’ve found to clear the discrepancy is to run an emote, which seems to force the server to decide where I am and relocate me.

- Dropping dead while not taking any valid damage. Damage shown is usually ~1500, followed by ~2500, with the damage occurring as close together as possible. The first damage downs you, the second kills you. There is nothing around to damage you, and you haven’t fallen to take any damage. This is particularly noticeable on the 3rd floor of Stonemist. If killed like this you then almost always become impossible to rez by other players, you have to waypoint.

- RI that doesn’t run out and/or waypoints that don’t open up even if the counter hits 00:00

What server are you on?

- Far Shiverpeaks

- Yes, but that has only occured when experiencing connection difficulties at my end (noticeable because of dc’s on TS, etc.). By and large the lag is experienced by all players on one server. It is particularly noticeable that the lag can only effect one server during a fight, with the other server(s) you are fighting with being able to use skills normally.

- Please see above.

- Whenever 3-way fights occur in Stonemist. This produces the worst lag
- Whenever a 3-way fight occurs anywhere on any of the maps. The lag will effect that specific map, worse at the location then, depending on the size of the zergs, can drop away the further from the fight you are.
- Otherwise please see aboce

- If the total number of players fighting goes above 50 then this can trigger skill lag. If more than 70 players are in close proximity to each other then this can also trigger skill lag.

Death is a release; Duty binds us to life.

in WvW

Posted by: eGn.7029

eGn.7029

Get the kitten in to the map now and taste this lag dev. Get in NAO~!

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

SM + 2 groups larger then 30 = lag.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Interestingly: Obsidian Sanctum has almost no skill lag despite all 3 servers essentially parking map blobs at the spawns and throwing themselves at each other in the tiny spawn area.

Servers JQ/BG/TC.

in WvW

Posted by: Ebony.5738

Ebony.5738

I transfer to a lot of servers. I am back on my home server but I will do Borlis a favor.

•Skill Lag/Delay
•Borlis Pass
•No, we all had the same issue
•No, still, everyone had the same issue
•No, even in Obsidian Sanctum I experienced a lot of delay.
•Didn’t zerg while I was there so I can’t really say xD

We kind of fixed our issue when we put “-clientport 80” in our shortcuts but it only helped a little bit. I know it would be a population issue because during NA primetime it got really bad almost rendering WvW unplayable. My friends and I experienced this problem around the evenings and so did the others that we were hanging with.

Verdánt

in WvW

Posted by: Reikan.2908

Reikan.2908

*Skill lag
*fergusons crossing
*lag considerably more than others at some points (i am completely disabled from lag for 3 minutes and am killed so obviously the enemy wasnt lagging)
*mostly happens when all 3 zergs battle

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

Strangely we (myself and guild mates) noticed that despite the blobs there was pretty much zero lag in EOTM tonight. No skill lag, no graphic lag. Don’t know what others experienced but definitely didn’t have to contend with the lag we were expecting.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

The spring tournament should have been delayed until this issue is resolved, WvW is completely unplayable as it is.

in WvW

Posted by: Skorpir.9324

Skorpir.9324

• Skill lag, not visible players

What server are you on?
*Piken

*no, all have lags

*no, all have lags

*almost always on Eternal 2 weeks ago
now almost always all Border
lags even when there is not a lot of players

*20, more

in WvW

Posted by: Il Paga.1563

Il Paga.1563

Rubberbanding, Skill lag (weapon/attunement swap not happening, ground targeting skills flash without firing,), apparent disconnects where players run into walls for 60-90 seconds before “SNAP ACTION” where everything that actually happened in that time section shoots past.
This is a time (video below) when I was lagging and the people around me were not, or were not experiencing lag
best example of random lag that I have:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnYwDaujlgY&list=UUEekaG_5ohzjI8CmfQ7LYrw

What server are you on?
Server: Piken Square

Yes

Yes

Yes, it has started in January between 19 to 23 o’ clock GMT+1 each day.
I have these problem on pvp and wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Falassion.8031

Falassion.8031

- Skill lag, teleport, etc
What server are you on?
- Gandara
- Skill lag is consistent for all party
- No, lag effect all the map
- Yes, when there is a big fight.
- 25+

in WvW

Posted by: Lyo.1872

Lyo.1872

• Rubber-banding, and Skill Lag
  • Piken Square
  • No, most of our party experiences the lag as a group. However, there were times where some players had it, and some other didn’t.
  • The lag seems to be in the same map, and not across other maps.
  • I experience the lag when there are a large amount of enemies in the map.
  • Estimated Group Size: 3 groups of 40+ or 2 groups of 50+.

in WvW

Posted by: Shets.4538

Shets.4538

Seriously, I’m angry! :P

None of the servers in WvW can’t give what they got because of this horrible skill-lag.
I’ve thoughts about quit WvW for few weeks or change server to low population, but?

Does we even have to think about this? No, and don’t blame the players fault and that it is their internet, computer etc. because all players have this horrible lag!!

Please, fix your servers before you introduce a freaking WvW tournament that we all have looked forward to!

Pluxie
Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Ignis.6195

Ignis.6195

- Rubberbanding, skill lag, screen freezes (2-10 seconds)

What server are you on?
- Gunnar’s Hold

- Sometimes they have less lag, but most of the time it’s pretty much the same lagginess for everyone.

- Sometimes. Also depends on your positioning on the map: lag usually gets more worse than it already is when you get close to a big fight.

- Mostly bigger battles → more lag. This isn’t always the case; sometimes even smaller battles or just running around might be very laggy.

- At least 25+ on each side.

in WvW

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Skills lag, Skills completely stop working, Damage not happening (Neither on me, neither on my enemyes).
What server are you on?
Dragonbrand
No, usually almost all the server is experiencing lag.
Can’t say
Yes, ONLY at eternal battlegrounds, and only while we attack StoneMist. To explain:
I’ve been playing in DBBL full map at higher settings : 0 lag, fps 60. (Even while huge zerg x zerg, and even while underwater zerg fights.
As soon I’ve entered in EBG, I can play nicely, UNTIL we decide attack SM. (the 3 times i tested, was in control of maguuma , for major info). Bascially everyone on chat reporting lag issues, such as the ones metioned above.
Around of 60~~80 on each side

Some ppl are reporting this been a DDOS attack, And its just strange this started happening just when season started. I really hope this is not the case.