Looking for info on lag in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

This is just another smoke screen thread like the CDI stuff.. they know the issues are there and have always been there… everyone is getting the same skill lag on all maps .. just own up to the issue ANET.. ooh and make a statement on the state of the game sometime soon like why the goldspammers are rife again, the plethora of cheats and hacks are left to run wild… this is just one big mess now..

Devon – Boss da players are complaining about the skill lag again
Boss – Just do what we do with all the other WvW issues and CDI’s – put a red sticky out to ask for info.. it will keep them busy , then just keep saying we might have spotted something, then put another red sticky out saying its gunna take some more time.. eventually they will find something else to cry about
Devon – But, But.. even I can’t cast my heal skill
Boss -Grr how many times I gotta tell ya – Just spam #1 and it will all be fine
Devon – Ok boss will do.

- 30mins later –
Devon – Boss it takes so long to kill dat invisible attacker using only my #1 skill, cos even that lags now
Boss – OMG!… How many times I gotta tell ya – You CAN’T kill what you cant see.. live with it.. its only another 9 weeks then we can all sit back and forget all about it… now am I paying you to stand here talking all day or are you going to get some gem sales on the books anytime soon!!

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid Storm.8097

Liquid Storm.8097

This is just another smoke screen thread like the CDI stuff.. they know the issues are there and have always been there… everyone is getting the same skill lag on all maps .. just own up to the issue ANET.. ooh and make a statement on the state of the game sometime soon like why the goldspammers are rife again, the plethora of cheats and hacks are left to run wild… this is just one big mess now..

Boss – Just do what we do with all the other WvW issues and CDI’s – put a red sticky out to ask for info.. it will keep them busy , then just keep saying we might have spotted something, then put another red sticky out saying its gunna take some more time.. eventually they will find something else to cry about
Devon – Ok boss will do.

- 30mins later –
Devon – Boss it takes so long to kill dat invisible attacker using only my #1 skill, cos even that lags now
Boss – OMG!… How many times I gotta tell ya – You CAN’T kill what you cant see.. live with it.. its only another 9 weeks then we can all sit back and forget all about it… now am I paying you to stand here talking all day or are you going to get some gem sales on the books anytime soon!!

Agreed. Still, don’t wanna be off-topic so here’s the info you want:

What kind of issue are you specifically having that could be related to lag?
1) Warping
2) Skill lag (2-60 seconds)
3) Occasional lag spikes (a 2 second disconnect, then everything on the battlefield shifts and I’m dead)

What server are you on?
Far Shiverpeaks (EU). The same thing had been happening on Gunnar’s Hold, Ruins of Surmia, Piken Square and Seafarer’s Rest, all since March 2013 when I transferred from Fissure of Woe (dead server in terms of wvw, ofc they don’t have lag).

Has there ever been a time when you or a friend are experiencing lag, while others in your party are not?
No.

Has there ever been a time where one party in a map is experiencing lag, while other parties in that same map are not?
No.

Do you experience the lag at very specific times?
I experience it mostly when there’s a 2-way fight (40v40 people). The skill lag is about 2-5 seconds. When there’s a 3-way (30v30v30), nothing works, nothing casts, everyone just warps around. The chat window works like a charm, with no latency whatsoever.

Staff elementalist @ [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks EU
http://fspsoul.enjin.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Devon – Ok boss will do.

- 30mins later –

Lag has been a problem since day1. If they don’t know the problem by now then there really is no hope for this game.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in WvW

Posted by: Decado.9304

Decado.9304

Effects:
Rubber Banding
Skill lag (anything up to 4-5 seconds, or just plain old unusable)

Server: Desolation

Has there ever been a time when you or a friend are experiencing lag, while others in your party are not? Not really no

Has there ever been a time where one party in a map is experiencing lag, while other parties in that same map are not? NOt really no

Do you experience the lag at very specific times? Whenever more than 10v10 it generally descends into a spam #1 only contest since nothing else works

(edited by Decado.9304)

in WvW

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

-Rubber banding
-Extreme skill lag, 5 up to 8 seconds at time, movement still possible, sometimes.

- Happens the most when all 3 servers are duking it out. It happened in our borderland when all 3 zergs collapsed, nobody in my TS or guild could do anything, we all wiped, along with most of the enemy zergs.

-Happened again in SM lord’s room, once again, 3 zergs collapsing, skills not proccing. Apparently the enemy zerg had the same issue because even though our 60+ TS team couldnt do anything, we still wiped both enemy zergs….twice.

Server: Gate of Madness

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in WvW

Posted by: Witham.5621

Witham.5621

Skill lag, Skill Freeze (all skills not working at all after several pushes of the button) add rubber banding to.

What server are you on?

Desolation

Has there ever been a time when you or a friend are experiencing lag, while others in your party are not?

No we all suffer from the same problems.

Has there ever been a time where one party in a map is experiencing lag, while other parties in that same map are not?

No i read that most of the people are getting the same experience as i am having.

Yes always during a massive zerg battle, I do not know the exact numbers are as i am insta wasted co’s nothing works.

Whith.

(edited by Witham.5621)

in WvW

Posted by: ObsidianSaint.1079

ObsidianSaint.1079

How about u fix your internet? I have absolutely zero skill lag in full worlds and my internet sucks.

in WvW

Posted by: Garrisyl.7402

Garrisyl.7402

How about u fix your internet? I have absolutely zero skill lag in full worlds and my internet sucks.

Yes, 70 players on ts from all over the world getting 30 second skill lag at the same time must be our local internet providers. GG logic.

Everyone knows it’s Anet’s potato-servers that are the problem.

in WvW

Posted by: JoeYl.4609

JoeYl.4609

- skill lag
- sfr eu
– yes sometimes my friends says they have a lag when all is fine for me, they run the game with max quality, i play low quality

when there is something like 70vs 70 i have problem but only when the ennemy blob is a condi blob.

Tested this week,
vizunah critical damage blob > almost no lag
riverside with a lot of condi necro and mesmer and inge > big lag.
I talked about that on the FR forum and some peoples thinks im right cus condi give probably more work to the server than 1 normal hit

in WvW

Posted by: Lich King.1524

Lich King.1524

Yes, so horrible skill-lag today totally unplayable and no fun.
It always happens in www in huge battles. Today just even worster.

Dear Arenanet!
I love WWW, but this problem kills WWW and GW2.
Please just say us: you know about the problem and plan to fix it.
Otherwise looks like you are not aware about MAIN problem in the WWW.
I ready to pay monthly fee if you will remove the lag.

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

Hi Alli.

Skill lag, rubber-banding. Several kind of laggs is spotted.
- works only autoattack, dodge and movement buttons (while chat works normally);
-same but chat not working properly (delays);
-sometimes after massive skill lag, all your skills work 3-4 times faster for few seconds.
but there was a case few days ago, (before league started) after massive fight inside enemy garrison we had about 30 minutes of speed up effect, with no jokes, all skills was working 3-4 times faster for that ammount of time (NPCs aswell)

What server are you on?
Seafarer’s Rest – EU

Yes. German players had some personall issues with GW2 last time and some laggs happens only for divided players (but if we talk about massive laggs, ussually everyone feeling them)

Yes.

Ussually at 21-00 CET (most populated for EU wvw time)

For example, when 1 zerg is facing another zerg.
If so, can you estimate how many players are in each zerg?

If we talk about when the laggs appear, then sure. Laggs can starting from 60 overall people fighting in one place (if all maps are queued and it’s EU prime it can be even less people in zerg in one place while laggs starting)

Best regards.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in WvW

Posted by: NathanH.1465

NathanH.1465

Skill not registering at all (clicking on a skill but nothing happening at all, not even after 2 min.), major skill lag (skills are registering but take a very long time to execute. For example: today I was on my mesmer and when I tried to use the ‘blink’ skill to teleport me forward as much as it could, it only ‘executed’ the skill only AFTER I ran past that point. Meaning it actually teleported me a bit backward), and lots of rubber-banding.
(on a sidenote: I’ve set gw2 graphic settings to low and have around 25fps. Although other modern games run on mediumhigh settings without problems)

What server are you on?
Ruins of Surmia (EU-server)

Every single person is complaining about these lags in the chat (The problem seems to be the biggest on EB, but also present on other places).

See the answer to the previous question.

If a zerg is going in the direction of another zerg the lag seems to increase a lot (for everyone in the chat and on teamspeak). This makes sneaking up to other zerg(s) impossible.

(edited by NathanH.1465)

in WvW

Posted by: Beleth.8249

Beleth.8249

Excuses from anet again.
40 secs it took for a normal waypoint to pop.
We told you all from day 1 about this lag.
Stop pretending its new.
And stop pretending your going to fix it.

12/5/14 Legendary

in WvW

Posted by: KillerJacket.9735

KillerJacket.9735

Same, this skill lag today has been terrible. I’ve even tried dropping my graphics to see if it was on my own end and I was still getting terrible skill lag spikes.

in WvW

Lich King.1524

Skill lag.
I press to skill they not working.

What server are you on?
Piken Square
Ethernal Battleground
Any part of the map, where is enemy zerg.

I was not in the party.

Yes. If parties far away (not in the zerg battle)

For example, when 1 zerg is facing another zerg.

Exactly. When zergs figting to each other.
Outside of the battle mostly no lag or smal lag.
Inside the battle big lag, or totaly not working skills.

at least 50 vs 50

If you can think of anything else you believe is pertinent to this topic, feel free to share that as well.

Skill lag exist if I close to the big enemy zerg.
Skill-Lag at this Saturday 29-mar was up-to 20 sec
Later evening lag was around 2-3 sec.
Main problem that often skills just not working at all. Especially ground targeting.
FPS around 30+, very smooth, just skills not working.

Rarely was problem with moving (jump back to previous position) but very rarely 1-2 times per hour.

in WvW

Posted by: dawna.6290

dawna.6290

Having skill lag, general lag, rubber banding, warping, disconnects and downright unplayable conditions at times.

Jade Quarry is my server

Almost all of the time I am experiencing lag, others in my party are as well. If not worse than I am. They have the same issues I am. We end up leaving it gets so bad. Lag happens any hour of the day or night but mostly during NA prime. It gets worse in zerg battles, but it happens when I am away from the zerg trying to roam as well, making that utterly impossible. The zergs Jade Quarry is up against are 50+ most times when I play. But as I said, the issues happen when I am far away from the zerg as well.

I did notice that the lag issues tend to occur a lot more when I am on EB than on a borderland. However, certain borderlands will have issues while others will not. Its very random.

Lexsíe
Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

Skill lag. Movement is fine (no rubber-banding)

What server are you on?
Gandara

No – it was affecting everyone (our commander actually had to disconnect because his screen would freeze every time we entered significant combat). Also, since I got my connection fixed 3-4 months ago I have never had skill lag (even in 100v100 zerg fights, much bigger than any today or yesterday), and in fact it was even fine yesterday before the reset. The lag only started when the tournament did.

No (see above)

Any group more than about 10 (our zerg was maybe 30-40)

(edited by Carzor Stelatis.9435)

in WvW

Posted by: mzt.3270

mzt.3270

Skill lag, rubber-banding, etc.
. Mass skill lag, unresponsive skill buttons / actions. Slight rubber-banding depending on opposition or 100 or more players- very high pop servers the worst offenders.
What server are you on?
.Piken Square
.No its across the board issues for everyone at the same time, it is server-wide
.Only when zergs clash – the worst being when there is a 3 server battle at Stonemist, which will affect performance no matter where you are on the map
.AS stated, when zergs battle, but it is worse when it involves battling very high populated servers that are used to having a regular coverage of 130 plus people (even on low settings – it does not help). Play is more acceptable and fluid with lower populated servers appearing with lower coverage of around 50 to 80 people ( data based on running a 3GB Nivida card and standard UK internet 4.7gb connection, on a 1GB graphics card it was simply unplayable even on low)

Piken – around 60 to 80 . Opposing very high pop servers -130 players or more

Happiness is finding an Omnomberry in your Grumble Cake

in WvW

Posted by: TinaH.3806

TinaH.3806

Skill lag or just plain inability to use any skills, insta-dead for unknown reasons, on occasion rubberbanding are the most common so far.

What server are you on?
Dragonbrand

Most of the time, people get varied amounts of lag. Some get it to the point of d/c while others at the lightest can obviously sense it.

Same as previous. We raid.

Often when there are larger numbers in a condensed area. Eg. blob vs blob (maybe also vs 3rd blob). I think the least amount to cause this much lag was a face off between six 20-40 man raiding guilds last week.

In the past 2 days, map zergs or half-map zergs. Could be 2 or all 3 servers on ebg. Has been occuring on bls as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Jebu.5243

Jebu.5243

I seriously love this game especially its WvW content.
But after almost 2 years, this lag issue is just getting worse.. there really no excuse.

You could have shifted your whole platform into newer, more advanced and powerful cloud servers by now which you could save money by elastically increasing server specs during events such as WvW seasons and reducing them during ‘normal’ periods.

This could very well save you money and subscribers in the long run.

If ESO PvP is performs anywhere remotely better than this lagfest we’re enduring… I say good luck to you ANet.

in WvW

Posted by: Simply Nooby.6294

Simply Nooby.6294

Skill Lag up to the point where I can’t even use Skill 1.

What server are you on?

Blackgate

No. Everyone gets it. I don’t even have to be near a fight for it to start.

No (same as above).

Whenever I play World vs World.

Side note: There is no issue with typing. In past experiences, typing would lag too, but that’s not the case this time. Chat is fully functional. Combat is not.

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

30 minutes ago:

may still be processing if you see this early.

Everyone is experiencing lag on my side. If there is TS commentary you may hear “We’re fighting Lag” and other doosies.

Typically the lag occurs right before engaging.

Rubber banding, Apparent Disconnect, and game playing massive catch-up.

i’d guess 40(+-5) people per zerg. sometimes 4 zergs in this video.

in WvW

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

In the new map of EotM, whatever the size of the zergs, even 3 way, I never experiment lag (skill lag). But when I move to normal maps, the lag is serious (unplayable sometimes) when 3 full zergs are fighting, or moderate (noticeable and annoying) lag when fighting 2 full zergs (even if I am not in the fight). Does the new map use a different technology?

I am completely sure the skill lag is global because many people complaint at the same time I feel the lag, but I think not all experiment the lag in the same way, and it depends of latency (ping) of the player. I have like from 100ms to 300ms, so I notice it more, and could make the game unplayable on big lag. To feel the serious lag, I think you need to test outside of United States, preferably, with a bad connection.

(edited by NeHoMaR.9812)

in WvW

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

Skill lag/ skill freezing, rubber banding, environmental lag around my character, loosing the ability to weapons swap when lagging unless I manually swap them on my hero tab.
What server are you on?
Tarnished Coast
This only happens to me in PvE where I’ll experience lag spikes briefly while others may not and the same for them.
Has there ever been a time where one party in a map is experiencing lag, while other parties in that same map are not? No in WvW it seems everyone experiences the lag at the same time.
Zerg vs Zerg fights, or big enough zergs hitting a single objective.
If so, can you estimate how many players are in each zerg? Typically 60+ per zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

I don’t know on what server you play, but if you have 3 map blobs running into the same place you are bound to get skill lag, sometimes you cant cast anything except skill 1 .
So please don’t tell the OP poster it is his connection.
That doesn’t contribute anything to the thread except trolling the rest of the community.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It’s not even just the big fights. There’s been lots of lag spikes ever since EoTM was introduced.

in WvW

Posted by: cortin.9174

cortin.9174

-Jade Quarry
-Skill lag, button blinks like it’s trying to cast the spell, but it doesn’t go. Spells being cast on me but effects don’t show up until 5-10 seconds later. It can take anywhere from a few seconds to 30 seconds to cast.
-Everybody is experiencing the skill lag, everybody on teamspeak complains about it at the same time.
-It’s anytime when there is a zerg near by, you don’t have to face the zerg or be in line of sight of the zerg. For an example, we knew there was a 3-way fight inside Garrison. But the skill lag can be felt all the way in Bay, or NW/NE towers. The closer you get to the zerg, the worse it gets.

Honestly I find this thread quite pointless, there’s no way anybody who plays WvW on a regular basis would not have experienced skill lag during large scale fights. I’ve played with people that live in Australia and people that live in NA, it doesn’t matter where people live, everybody’s got the skill lag because it’s server-side. I don’t believe for one second the devs/programmers don’t know these skill lag exist, I think they know it very well.

Here’s a video taken tonight, a short clip to show devs exactly what skill lag is like. Spells that don’t go off, attunements won’t switch, getting hit by things with delayed effects, etc.. you can tell players on the other sides were having just as bad of a time as I was during the battle.

http://youtu.be/-EnkyuX8VYQ

in WvW

Posted by: nassaya.7109

nassaya.7109

1 – When i enter any WvWvW map and many players collide in battle i always have skill lag occassionly delayed damage and sometimes a DC if i’m out of luck. After waiting in que for an hour number 70 in line and i can enter EB i experiance some leg what i normaly see when a zerg is near and then i DC the time to enter EB and the DC was around 10 seconds. After that i need to stand in que AGAIN all these things are frustrating but the last one realy made me angry. Dunno if the 2 DC examples i gave are the same problems.
2 – The server i’m on is Far Shiverpeaks.
3 – Problems are party wide
4 – As far as i experianced we all suffer from the skill lag the other problems as delayed damage and DC i think they have it but it’s always the skilllag that takes away attention from other problems.
5 – The lag is mostly when zerg collide and i never really couted the poeple but i think around 50+ when it start. There are some random DC sometimes like i stated in point 1.

Cheers.

Nassaya Shadowheart lvl. 80 Necro
Nassaya Fireheart lvl. 80 Ele
Far Shiverpeaks – Guardians of the Dutch [GOTD]

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

•What kind of issue are you specifically having that could be related to lag? •Skill lag, rubber-banding, etc.

Skill lag, sometimes rubber-banding, teleporting random distances, dc-ing in worst cases.

•What server are you on?

Gandara

•Has there ever been a time when you or a friend are experiencing lag, while others in your party are not?

In my play time on GW2? Sure. Most of the time during 3 ways and SM/keep fights tho not so much.

•Has there ever been a time where one party in a map is experiencing lag, while other parties in that same map are not?

Not for parties in particular that I’m aware of.

•Do you experience the lag at very specific times? •For example, when 1 zerg is facing another zerg.

Every single SM fight, 3-way fights, a little but not a lot when 2 blobs are against each other. I seem to always dc when commanding after a while; for example tried tagging up on Thurs and dc after 30 mins, 300 man EB queue so yeah I went to bed.

•If so, can you estimate how many players are in each zerg?

80 approx.

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

No edit button for some reason, but also when SM fights the lag is mapwide. Was just sitting at Speldan minding my own business, 3 come to kill me and SM fight is on, spent 2 minutes running around in circles with all abilities off cd, heal, virtues, utilities and elite don’t work, one thing that does work is my symbol on 4 GS, which stops me from running in circles and gets me killed, as 3 people spamming abilities = 3x more chance of triggering :S and condi still works. Nerf condi :/ you’re nerfing damage already without it.

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

in WvW

Posted by: thiago.5608

thiago.5608

Skill lag, rubber-banding.
Usualy when have a 2 zerg fight!
I’m from Blackgate.

“The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.”

in WvW

Posted by: blightus.1580

blightus.1580

OK, so the thread by the dev’s asking for info on lag is absolutely a waste of time in my opinion.
It’s not in specific servers or for a certain reason, the game just doesn’t seem to work at maximum capacity. It’s fine if EB is populated by up to about 80% but if its full and all 3 servers have ques then the game is literally unplayable.

PLEASE FIX IT.
The only way to get this issue across is to all create a thread.
That dev thread has 6k+ replies and is anything being done???

in WvW

Posted by: blightus.1580

blightus.1580

Is anything being done?
In Far Shiverpeaks the second two or three zergs meet everyone is just standing there and no one can cast any skills whatsoever.

Everyone raging in map chat.
It’s useless even trying to play WvW now. How is this a competative event when we can’t even play it properly?

in WvW

Lich King.1524

Piken Ssquare, today 30-mar, 18 GMT, EB

Horrible skill lag.

Also almost impossible go via Towers doors
Run and stop on the door for a 3-15 sec.

Very unplayable.

Also when zergs fighted in SM, I am alone in Durios Tower can’t use any skills.

in WvW

Posted by: Father Busho.2796

Father Busho.2796

I have to agree with this. Even though the incentive from Allie is good it won’t give very good feedback since this does not happen on specific servers/timezones/places. It happens EVERYTIME and ANYWHERE (regardless of borderlands/EB) where an overwhelming amount of players collide. Overwhelming is in terms of actual server CPU performance. So even if the fight is in SM or in some remote camp in a borderland THE WHOLE MAP will have skill lag (unable to cast skills apart from #1, condis not clearing when they end duration, endurance not regening, stomp delay). Screen freezes and dc’s are only indirectly tied to skill lag.

So Allie, this is a pure server side engine issue on all servers (probably even PvE!). If you truly wish to improve the situation, you should redirect these concerns to whoever is in charge of your engine optimization…. They are probably well aware of it already but.. meh.

Band Of Royal Daggers [BORD]
Aurora Glade
ALL IS VAIN :(

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

I have to agree with this. Even though the incentive from Allie is good it won’t give very good feedback since this does not happen on specific servers/timezones/places. It happens EVERYTIME and ANYWHERE (regardless of borderlands/EB) where an overwhelming amount of players collide.

Which anyone, that actually plays WvW knew about since day 1, only the devs are suddenly surprised. So this “incentive” imo is just dust in the eyes again.

in WvW

Posted by: Zoria.1392

Zoria.1392

1. Skills stop working. I press the key but nothing happens. It is nto the normal lag where they will flash. Just nothing happens. On an engineer I can equip a kit but not use any of the skills. Regular wepaon skills do not work either. I also can not revive a player but I can way point.

2. Yak’s Bend in World vs World

3. I don’t know

4. I don’t know

5. For me it isn’t at the peak of battle when most players are alive. It is usually toward the end when the revives start. BUT— it continues long after the battle and no matter where I go on the map. Even if I waypoint and go somewhere alone, nothing will work.

6. Approximately 50

in WvW

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Worst lag i have ever experienced in WvW—-ever! Use savage leap, I actually jumped backwards with nothing targeted—rush—just sort of stutters, but at least its traveling in the rite direction. The right hand skill bar is completely useless as NOTHING works, during massive zerg battles. Before it was tolerable, even funny at some points, but now it seems to have gone off the Richter scale, especially in EB.

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Was hoping they had fixed it- but nope, still the same unplayable lagfest as soon as maps get full.

It gets old really fast when regen warriors can just stand there waving at everyone and watching everything in front of them die, with anyone playing other classes (except guardian) that actually need to use skills being completely useless due to not being able to cast a single skill.

Total fail by Anet (no doubt earn an infraction point for telling the truth again).

Oh well, a certain other game has early access now, and if this is the best ANet can do, some people will leave.

Season 2 should be called LagFest2 or Embarassment2.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Alexey.3624

Alexey.3624

All hate this helllags !!! need fix it !

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I think the only way it will be fixed is if they upgrade their servers. You see, it takes money to make money and I’m sure they’ve made enough money on gem sales 10x over to upgrade their systems.

I that if they don’t take the route of upgrading their servers, people will inevitably leave and their cash flow will run dry. Listen to the players and upgrade everything, well keep the cash flow coming.

in WvW

Posted by: Captain Shinypants.1987

Captain Shinypants.1987

For the love of god this has being going on since you started and suddenly when you force more players into wvw with your achievements game the complaints about lag in every shape and form rises ten fold you then bring in the yes we think there’s a problem, deja vu exactly the same thing happened last season……

Rubber banding when running from place to place in general. Skill lag when in a zerg 20 seconds and longer to use any skill. 10 seconds and longer when trying to solo camps and a few of us to take towers or just duel.
Gandara
no
no
when the map is full ie queues, doesnt matter if im in a zerg or trying to take camps, towers the only difference is the length of skill lag.

Get your act together.

in WvW

Posted by: Anjhouli.7049

Anjhouli.7049

- Heavy skillags during primetime, sometimes even when not involved in a fight, just others fighting at important points (garrison, stonemist and so on..)

What server are you on?
- SFR

- Yes

- yes

- as soon as three parties are fighting somewhere (30vs30vs30 for example), or two zone blobs, sometimes even when the blobs are not huge – for example 35vs 35

in WvW

Posted by: mark.3160

mark.3160

• Skill lag, rubber-banding
  • Server: Far Shiverpeaks
  • In WvW, EB specifically, it seems to apply to everyone
  • Worst lag during big 2 or 3 way zergs in SM
  • Does not seem related to time, but more to number of people
  • Estimated players: between 50 and 150
  • Note: Setting preset is “Best performance” with only “Render sampling” set to native.
  • Apps: Teamspeak running in the background for communication, no additional traffic.
  • I also noticed moments of lag followed by what looked like having quickness applied, in other words, i threw my grenades as fast as i would with quickness or timewarp. After a few seconds it would return to normal.

(edited by mark.3160)

in WvW

Posted by: bewhatever.2390

bewhatever.2390

Skill lag, rubber-banding, etc

Skill lag (no rubber banding for me yet)

What server are you on?

Blackgate

Yes, and interestingly we were all playing from the same house on the same DSL connection behind the same router. We were grouped together, and playing together in a Borderland.

The one person with a hard disk experienced skill lag while the three of us with solid state disks did not.

We always play together, so don’t know.

The more players (or more particle effects) the more likely. Just as in DAoC 10 years ago and Rift 2 years ago, 100 players can be standing (or slowly moving) waiting to start an encounter, without lag, but when combat begins performance collapses.

• For example, when 1 zerg is facing another zerg.
  • If so, can you estimate how many players are in each zerg?

Note to the programmers: as a 35 year veteran of the tech industry who used to write and debug low level code in real time systems, and who as a customer/user tried to chase a similar problem in DAoC a decade ago (before the rules that customers couldn’t look at things like this), it appears to me that this issue is happening client side, because the client is prioritizing something (I would guess loading and unloading spell effect objects) (or possibly loading and unloading textures related to spell effects from the graphics card’s texture cache) ahead of simply draining the queue of location updates coming from the server. While this could be TCP packet drops happening near the server (ie some sort of policing by the router to the internet where the servers are hosted) I think it’s happening client side.

Can we please get some client side counters/instrumentation of events such as fetches of textures from disk, loads of textures to the graphics card, loads and unloads of objects to the client engine, per second? This would go a long ways toward tuning.

If there is a low level action in the client engine which is spin waiting while it goes to disk to get textures to load, that would explain the drastic performance improvement I saw going to solid state disk…and means that the game should perhaps load the entire library of particle effect and player armor textures to memory, so this low level action doesn’t ever block the main client thread waiting on disk

In the case of DAoC a decade ago, my conclusion was that each time a spell was cast, the game called a heavy weight call in the client engine to instantiate the spell effect as a separate object, executed the spell effect, and then called a heavy weight call to remove the spell effect object. This is in my opinion an architectural blunder, because it results in O(n^2) heavy weight calls to instantiate spell effects…on every client. Even if GW2’s limit of 5 affected players or mobs, not counting boss-casted spell effects which land on everyone, makes this O(n), it’s O(n) with a very large coefficient. Sorry for use of programmer jargon.

(edited by bewhatever.2390)

in WvW

Posted by: NiffyinaJiffy.1532

NiffyinaJiffy.1532

Skill lag, rubber-banding, etc.

Skill lag;
Rubber-banding;
Weapon swap lag;
Thieves heart seeker-ing backwards.

What server are you on?
Sorrows Furnace.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes. Prime time and when there are a lot of people on the map, i.e. zergs.

30+

in WvW

Posted by: Peterson.8345

Peterson.8345

Ring of Fire server, but recently moved from Aurora Glade;

here is a channel created specifically for lags of one of my guild mates:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUdqmGLPkhJ3AAJjd-yShflCf-QIllldI

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Devon – Ok boss will do.

- 30mins later –

Along with the massive slow motion movement in most maps right now for WvW, we have locking into the building of many siege – can’t do a thing until and unless we can wp most of the time.

Along with the massive rubber-banding and time-warping – NPCs are jumping all over the place – shooting a dolyak that teleports gives one the impression that they have powers that Anet hasn’t revealed except to the Dolyak…

Along with the blinking of the screen even when not in a zerg, one can easily find oneself dead after the tower you are defending with an arrow cart suddenly and for no reason is just gone – and the few who were there can now magically get to you even with the wall and doors at full health – if one is lucky the building will come back before one is dead.

Issues are multiplying and becoming dire for WvW during the tournament. It impacts scores on all sides – this tournament should be reset until these problems are fixed – again, they do impact the scores.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: iFruit.6190

iFruit.6190

Gosh, this is unplayable!

Details:
- Piken
- Eternal Battlegrounds→ Stonemist castle standoffs (not experienced in borderlands)
- ridiculous lag on skill usage – 4 min and more
- affects everyone
- 30men Piken raid, 60-70 Far Shiverers, hundreds of Gendarites

And yes, we are still holding SM and getting hundreds of bags, no precursors yet.

in WvW

Posted by: RicardoLans.7658

RicardoLans.7658

-Skill lag, rubber banding, weapon lag, animation lag, everything….
-FSP
-No
-No
-Yes SM lordsroom / inner SM fights or when large battles (treeways) are in open field battle.
-lag is starting to occur when fighting 30 vs 30. Getting worse when fighting in the SM lordsroom with 60+ vs 60+ vs 60+ because its a small area to fight. Even disconnections are appearing at this moment and people need to get back into the queue of 50+ players…

Fighting with these numbers are causing lag on each borderland but in EB SM its getting the worse amount of problems…

Commander
Far Shiverpeaks
50K kills WvW