Loot Bags to Chests

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

it is easy. Instead of getting a lootbag, you get a currency that you can only buy the lootbags and u buy the lootbags from NPC and open them whenever you want.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

actually picking up your loot does provide a bit of “realism” to the game. As with any battle, you’ve got to remember to loot the bodies.

Because it’s totally realistic for it to drop in front of me when somebody I hit before dies 1500 units away…

I don’t understand how somebody can actually argue against such a change. It’s not a critical one, it has nothing to do with combat balance or any other important game mechanic, it’s purely a quality of life thing. Looks like the people stating that others have to “l2p” think that the tedious annoyance of picking up loot bags is a sign of advanced player skills. Yeah. Right.

Well in that case, you’re right. The bags shouldn’t drop at your feet either. I’m not saying it’s a l2p thing. I’m saying, if that bag is important to you (or worth dying for), then go get it. If it’s not, don’t.

If grabbing loot bags are such an annoyance to everyone, then simply stop grabbing them. For the record, I too have lamented those sparklies lying on the ground around my body…

…for about 2 seconds before I respawn and move on.

You’re missing the point. The loot isn’t the annoyance. Making it a real pain to actually get what you legitimately deserve IS.

I see the point (and the shaft and the hilt); I just don’t agree with it.

“Deserve” is a relative word. If you are able to defeat your opponent, loot him WHERE HE LIES, and pick up the bag, then you “deserve” your loot.

(edited by Shademehr.1397)

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

it is easy. Instead of getting a lootbag, you get a currency that you can only buy the lootbags and u buy the lootbags from NPC and open them whenever you want.

RNG vendor.

Interesting idea actually.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

Agreed. It’s a complicated problem to solve as it touches a lot of broad systems, so I can’t guarantee it will happen soon, but I would very much like for us to alleviate this some way or another.

I just wanted to say that I appreciate this sort of communication GREATLY!

There are tons of great ideas that are thrown out by your customer base too, so its good to see you are at least reading through some of it.

Makes me have a whole lot more hope and faith in the future of the game. I know it gets harder to continue to do this over time, but please keep it up.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Popter.7389

Popter.7389

RNG vendor.

Interesting idea actually.

I agree. Something like this would be really good. It would probably make magic find buffs useless in WvW but I doubt anyone would really be upset about that.

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Agreed. It’s a complicated problem to solve as it touches a lot of broad systems, so I can’t guarantee it will happen soon, but I would very much like for us to alleviate this some way or another.

I just wanted to say that I appreciate this sort of communication GREATLY!

There are tons of great ideas that are thrown out by your customer base too, so its good to see you are at least reading through some of it.

Makes me have a whole lot more hope and faith in the future of the game. I know it gets harder to continue to do this over time, but please keep it up.

I find it amusing when people get so giddy about being told no in a reassuring manner.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

You’re missing the point. The loot isn’t the annoyance. Making it a real pain to actually get what you legitimately deserve IS.

So even though loot now magically floats to your character position after a tag/kill, hitting the f key is now stopping people from getting what they legitimately deserve? interesting, if you could kindly elaborate.

If you die, I really don’t believe you should be entitled to said loot anyways. Not because I am an “elitist” or “pro”, but because it forces you to make that critical decision;

If you want to risk running away from your loot bags, with the thought of getting to them after a “tactic” is completed, you should be aware that you might die and lose your “rewards”

If you want to run around collecting loot while your team is engaged, that’s your prerogative and decision to take yourself out of the battle to collect your rewards.

Ever play Dark Souls? :P
Endless dying, no looting, just rewarding to come out with what you have learned. Same applies for the most part in WvW, the loot isn’t anything to brag about, its all just repair money for the dedicated non-PVE WvW’r.

So by your logic if you kill 20 people…then die before you can pick up your loot bags…you deserve no reward for your efforts and skill? That sounds pretty ridiculous, and shows a desperation to come up with an argument that really doesn’t exist.

The bottom line is that you benefit your team by NOT worrying about your loot in the moment. If you want to be selfish and collect your loot in the middle of a fight…you weaken the whole team. You’re basically rewarded for hurting your team.

That’s broken. Argue it all you want, but it’s broken, end of story.

And don’t do GW2 the disservice of comparing it to Dark Souls. DS is not a MMO. DS also prides itself on punishing players…which is why DS has a very limited scope of interested players.

(edited by Hickeroar.9734)

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

actually picking up your loot does provide a bit of “realism” to the game. As with any battle, you’ve got to remember to loot the bodies.

Because it’s totally realistic for it to drop in front of me when somebody I hit before dies 1500 units away…

I don’t understand how somebody can actually argue against such a change. It’s not a critical one, it has nothing to do with combat balance or any other important game mechanic, it’s purely a quality of life thing. Looks like the people stating that others have to “l2p” think that the tedious annoyance of picking up loot bags is a sign of advanced player skills. Yeah. Right.

Well in that case, you’re right. The bags shouldn’t drop at your feet either. I’m not saying it’s a l2p thing. I’m saying, if that bag is important to you (or worth dying for), then go get it. If it’s not, don’t.

If grabbing loot bags are such an annoyance to everyone, then simply stop grabbing them. For the record, I too have lamented those sparklies lying on the ground around my body…

…for about 2 seconds before I respawn and move on.

I see the point (and the shaft and the hilt); I just don’t agree with it.

“Deserve” is a relative word. If you are able to defeat your opponent, loot him WHERE HE LIES, and pick up the bag, then you “deserve” your loot.

What if you kill someone on the other side of a gate? Or up on a wall? What if your whole goal in your current foray is to remove some of the siege…but you get a kill? Or 10 kills? You have no opportunity to get that loot from the other side of the gate, but you just did your team a great service. Looting corpses is far worse than the idea of having the loot appear on the ground around you.

Also…players release when they die. You can’t loot a corpse that isn’t there.

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

@Cactus;

It is significantly more than I have seen in many (if not most) other MMOs.

I would rather be told “no” than nothing at all. You are obviously free to disagree.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

I think Badges should drop automatically into a Wallet, and that other tokens (eg Dungeon tokens) should do the same. This way, you could choose whether to pick up bags or not, in the safety of knowing your token rewards would still accumulate. PvE tokens (Laurels) and Karma already do this – why are WvW and Dungeon rewards any different?

For example, last night I was on a trebuchet during a push at a keep. In addition to gate/wall damage, the treb killed defenders whenever they came close to the gate or sallied, and a lot of bags were dropping. However, I lost a bunch of them because it was more important to bring down the gate/wall for the team than to leave the treb to pick them up – in fact it would have been selfish to do so. In this case, playing for the team penalized me when it should have rewarded me.

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

(edited by Midnightjade.3520)

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

I’ve seen loot bags barely sticking up out of the ground, sometimes I only see the sparkle. Very easy to miss. Had a few stuck so i couldn’t loot them.

Would very much like to have my loot direct to my inventory or if not possible to do that, have it appear in a chest at spawn.

You could even sell this as a option in the gem store and offer to increase the size through gem purchase like we do with bank and bag spaces.

Hold left control key. The yellow loot bag text is shown then.

But you will forget you are holding it and link random items on chat when clicking your inv!

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Lok.3102

Lok.3102

Just make the loot bags stand out more ArenaNet. Extra sparkly/shiny and a tad larger.

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Apok.1623

Apok.1623

So by your logic if you kill 20 people…then die before you can pick up your loot bags…you deserve no reward for your efforts and skill? That sounds pretty ridiculous, and shows a desperation to come up with an argument that really doesn’t exist.

If I kill 20 people, they would be solo kills, and I’d be picking up loot bags one by one. If “we” killed 20 people in a “raid” and I chose not to loot the bags that were easy mode flown to my feet and instead performed some other tactic i.e) pushing into opposing “raid”, it was my choice to not to take the 1/2 second to loot the bags and continue the push, it’s not like one server has an advantage over the other when looting comes into play, you either take it, or leave it. All are re-attainable if you do not die. If you die, deal with it, no reward for dying, as there shouldn’t be.

The bottom line is that you benefit your team by NOT worrying about your loot in the moment. If you want to be selfish and collect your loot…you weaken the whole team. You’re basically rewarded for hurting your team.

That’s broken. Argue it all you want, but it’s broken, end of story.

There are many things that benefit your team; overall co-ordination, no underdeveloped players sitting on level 2’s, good leadership, good followers, supply runners, supply protectors, etc etc, but taking the half a second to hit a f key when you see a loot bag is so drastically weakening to the whole team it must be stopped! finish your push, live, and get your loot. Broken is subjective to those who can’t react in time. Maybe I am an elitist if so many people are having such a hard time with this, if you are observant this is the farthest thing from being any issue at all.

And don’t do GW2 the disservice of comparing it to Dark Souls. DS is not a MMO. DS also prides itself on punishing players…which is why DS has a very limited scope of interested players.

Aww didn’t think alot of ppl would get the analogy, it’s cool. Disservice being DS is challenging and hard and rewarding via gameplay? with a community that promotes said challenging game play, as opposed to people fighting for looting rights to be automatically injected into there purse after they tagged it once with an arrow and chose to run away from the bag at there feet? ahhh okay.

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

I feel like we’ve reached a point in the industry as a whole that auto looting should just be consider a given. Much like linking items in chat, or using a Trade broker. Of course it doesn’t take much energy to loot, but when the loot button doubles as an interact key for every thing else in combat, its a tedious system that just needs to go away. Let the game give me the loot so I can keep playing already.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

Another issue is the bags, we where told the appearance of the bag represented the quality of loot inside well iv had small chests full of trash loot more times than id like to count.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

This change might put additional burden on servers, and worsen the skill lag. Since instead of a client-side request to open an object on demand, the server will have to grapple with multiple objects (player inventory, loot bag) in real-time, every time a bag gets dropped.

If so, I’d rather have manual looting than more skill lag. Just saying.

Dragonbrand

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

Of course it doesn’t take much energy to loot, but when the loot button doubles as an interact key for every thing else in combat, its a tedious system that just needs to go away.

This I think is key right here.

Too many times I see someone pick up my spare frost bow, only to immediately drop it because they’re constantly spamming ‘f’.

Oh, also, someone mentioned Dark Souls as a counter-point.

In Dark Souls PvP, all rewards are given to the winner directly, and immediately following the kill. Only against AI enemies do you have to loot the bodies, and even then, not all.

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Agree, loot should go directly into Inv.

Will just point out though, I enjoy loot bags at my location a lot more than having to run over corpses in PvE!

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: pixieish.9627

pixieish.9627

I do so wish they changed the system. I’m busy trying to fight, and running to the next fight. I don’t want to prance around a field delicately plucking up glittering bags for my well deserved plunder. If I could have some pet to pick it all up for me I would, since I just know that somewhere in that field of corpses behind me there’s a precursor.

Reiseiji, Guardian, Fabulous Spec
Kaschen, Engi, Nerfed Spec
Devona’s Refugee, recently arrived to F.Aspenwood

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Jikap.6547

Jikap.6547

You could make auto-loot a WvW passive that you have to unlock with a ridiculous price of 200+ rank point thingies?

It would be a pain to unlock, though some dedicated WvW players would still feel like it would be worth it… maybe. >_>

If it’s not possible to make any sort of auto-loot feature, you could maybe have it drastically extend the loot range? or even turn it into some kind of WvW-only utility skill? “pick up x amount of loot within a radius of yyyy” give it a 1 sec cd or something, lol.

Jikap
Elementalist
Ring of Fire

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

I’d like straight to inventory, but I definitely prefer the current model over the PvE one – just think what it’d be like to have to check every body’s death location to get your rewards.

Used to be that way, until shorty after release. They changed it so if your target falls down the cliffs you can still get your loot

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Rajani Isa.6294

Yeah, it’s a terrible system.

But, it’s better than it used to be, you used to have the bag drop at the body not at your location.

I can’t even imagine why this hasn’t been fixed/changed yet.

I can’t help but think of the quote, “The technology isn’t there yet”.

But the software engineer in me can’t help but think that if they can read my players location to spawn it at my feet (Player object access?), why don’t they have access to my players’ inventory to place items there.. it’s quite frustrating indeed.

I honestly would prefer if it was like every other reward system in the game, so when I left WvW for the night I got a nice big glorious chest of loot to deal with and vendor the junk.

“Like every other reward system”? I have to loot all those NPC corpses just like in PvP…

:p

The issue here I think is that the “on kill” reward system can’t drop things directly into your inventory – I can’t think of anything that does without you specifically interacting with it, in fact. The main difference between PVP and PVE is they exchanged the “location” drop of the “item” you interact with (it’s invis in PvE, but the sparkly is tied to it so the corpse “glows”, is my guess, or something along those lines) from the corpse to on you.

As I wrote the above I realized the Baubles actually work without you interacting with them (just running over them) but those are new and it already sounds like the SAB uses some new tech/special rules that other devs would like to use but might cause issues in the open world because of how they were implemented.

EDIT : They possibly could make killing someone grant a special boon in PVP instead of loot, which you’d talk to an NPC and have them erased for loot, but that sounds sloppy if it is even do-able and Anet seems to not like sloppy.

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

To me the best solution is to just have a universal chest in the area you spawn in. All loot goes into that chest and is has to be collected before you leave WvW.

Before I never had a problem up until last night. We were engaged in this mega battle and the ground around me was littered with loot bags. I did not notice them until I was dead as there was far too much AoE going on. The enemies overran us and I could never get back there to retrieve them as it was directly next to an area being guarded. So who knows what I missed out on.

I just chalked this up as a “too bad so sad” instance, but it really is quite annoying when a simple solution is to just send all the loot separate chest.

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Rajani Isa.6294

I just chalked this up as a “too bad so sad” instance, but it really is quite annoying when a simple solution is to just send all the loot separate chest.

Simple to decide? Yes. To implement? That’s when it gets tricky.

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

And the first time someone DC’s or there is a build update and wvw shuts down or the server crashes and you didn’t get a chance to empty your chest you lose all the loot you accumulated since the last time you checked it. (Nothing persists after log off, couldn’t expect this magical chest to be any different).

AR

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: IzHaN.4823

IzHaN.4823

They could implement the RIFT system. It happens with events/pvp. When you kill someone or you defeat an event. You’re presented with a chest to the right of your screen which contains all the drop you’re getting from those events/players you killed. Then all you have to do is after you’re done, got your bags ready, empty, etc, you just can click the chest and collect everything. It would be much easier that way.

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

DeadlySynz.3471

And the first time someone DC’s or there is a build update and wvw shuts down or the server crashes and you didn’t get a chance to empty your chest you lose all the loot you accumulated since the last time you checked it. (Nothing persists after log off, couldn’t expect this magical chest to be any different).

Likewise if you have to log out suddenly, it should just spawn you back at your servers start location (not outside of that), then proceed to empty the chest. Your loot would never disappear.

If you have to log out, were kicked out due to a build, DC, lag out etc.. log back on and you spawn back at the servers spawn point (where your chest is).

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

DeadlySynz.3471

Likewise if you have to log out suddenly, it should just spawn you back at your servers start location (not outside of that), then proceed to empty the chest. Your loot would never disappear.

If you have to log out, were kicked out due to a build, DC, lag out etc.. log back on and you spawn back at the servers spawn point (where your chest is). Or at the very least, place the chest somewhere in your home city and loot it from there.

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Also, when killing Dolyaks, a chest with slab of meat in it as reward is considered trolling.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Catisa.6507

you missed the whole part of ‘nothing persists’ . Nothing in the game currently persists are logout (forced or voluntary). DC in a dungeon when boss is looted, no loot. DC when a fractal finishes? no loot for you. Sell something to a vendor, logout, come back online and there is nothing that can be bought back. Get DC’d in middle of zerg v zerg battle, log back in all your lootbags are gone.
That’s just the way it works. Assuming that it would be easy or even possible to make a persistent chest is based on nothing but wishful thinking. Besides if the chest persisted whats to stop someone from using it as a bank and only taking things out as needed? Does it have a limit to how much it can hold? Where would the overflow go? Its never as simple as ‘do it’.

AR

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

DeadlySynz.3471

you missed the whole part of ‘nothing persists’ . Nothing in the game currently persists are logout (forced or voluntary). DC in a dungeon when boss is looted, no loot. DC when a fractal finishes? no loot for you. Sell something to a vendor, logout, come back online and there is nothing that can be bought back. Get DC’d in middle of zerg v zerg battle, log back in all your lootbags are gone.
That’s just the way it works. Assuming that it would be easy or even possible to make a persistent chest is based on nothing but wishful thinking. Besides if the chest persisted whats to stop someone from using it as a bank and only taking things out as needed? Does it have a limit to how much it can hold? Where would the overflow go? Its never as simple as ‘do it’.

It is easy to implement as they already have the coding to do so. We have a bank/stash do we not? That persists through logging in and out, so there is no reason why a separate loot chest can’t be placed somewhere either inside or outside of WvW for the same purpose.

The solutions are simple to prevent people from using it as a bank:

1) Disallow players from placing items into the chest (only withdrawing)
2) Have a timer on the chest (say 24 hours), where a player either has to pull out all the loot or it disappears.

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Loot bags and chests gained from kills could be alleviated by placing a large chest that is spawned at your servers spawn on the map that you can collect your loot from whenever you please. The chest can open up like a bank-esque system where you can withdraw what you want a discard the rest. The chest does not disappear at log off, but rather is saved in case you need to quickly bail out of WvW. Badges would be treated as currency and instead of taking up a slot in the loot chest, they instead are represented just as gold is in a players personal bank.

Or even simpler, have the badges from kills go straight onto the inventory tab next to karma and laurels automatically, the same way we get XP, Karma and WXP. No bags, chests or anything needed.

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Catisa.6507

badges are only part of the lootbags tho. You don’t want rare or exotic or crafting mats to drop or coin?

AR

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Pukknub.7368

Pukknub.7368

Another issue is the bags, we where told the appearance of the bag represented the quality of loot inside well iv had small chests full of trash loot more times than id like to count.

The dolyaks sometimes drop a wooden chest with nothing or some crap inside it, and 5 supplies. If you have 11-15 supplies, it will decrease to 10 though.

Other than that, I can’t recall getting trash loot from chests.

Pukknub
Proud member of Velocity [VcY]

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

I think a decent method would be something along these lines:

- Each kill scores a point
- Each keep, castle and spawn area has a “scavenger” npc, responsible for looting the battlefield for us
- You can speak to the scavenger NPC to trade all of your points for loot bags
- Loot bags contain the same items as the loot bags which drop now, including bags of loot. Bags within bags, the madness.

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

If I kill 20 people, they would be solo kills, and I’d be picking up loot bags one by one. If “we” killed 20 people in a “raid” and I chose not to loot the bags that were easy mode flown to my feet and instead performed some other tactic i.e) pushing into opposing “raid”, it was my choice to not to take the 1/2 second to loot the bags and continue the push, it’s not like one server has an advantage over the other when looting comes into play, you either take it, or leave it. All are re-attainable if you do not die. If you die, deal with it, no reward for dying, as there shouldn’t be.

Make it a three vs ten, we manage to kill nine before we wipe and shouldn’t be rewarded? Add a few banners or other usable items, you won’t be able to spam F infight to collect loot because it interferes.
Your “arguments” really aren’t working out. Still, there’s no reason to argue against a pure quality of life change that’s not related to combat balancing but only addressing a distraction from actual gameplay.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

I haven’t had much of an issue with this, but I have wondered if I’ve ever left a bag behind… and if that one bag holds a legendary precursor.

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

I’d like straight to inventory, but I definitely prefer the current model over the PvE one – just think what it’d be like to have to check every body’s death location to get your rewards.

Used to be that way, until shorty after release. They changed it so if your target gets pushed down the cliffs you can still get your loot

Fixed for great justice.

Or even simpler, have the badges from kills go straight onto the inventory tab next to karma and laurels automatically, the same way we get XP, Karma and WXP. No bags, chests or anything needed.

And I think this is a grand idea – easy and elegant. Although it’s only a partial solution since it doesn’t address loss of swaggable loot.

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

(edited by Midnightjade.3520)

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

What if you kill someone on the other side of a gate? Or up on a wall? What if your whole goal in your current foray is to remove some of the siege…but you get a kill? Or 10 kills? You have no opportunity to get that loot from the other side of the gate, but you just did your team a great service. Looting corpses is far worse than the idea of having the loot appear on the ground around you.

They are on other side of an unreachable area. An UNREACHABLE area. (at least maybe temporarily). I don’t see why I should be able to kill someone who is on one side of a wall and then have a loot bag magically appear on the other side of a wall. That just doesn’t make sense to me (at least less sense than magic and dragons and talking frogs haha). I still get xp though for the kill, so there is that reward (and the intangible benefit of knowing that I’m helping my team.)

Heck, maybe I’ll play harder so that I stand a better chance of getting behind that gate and collecting my loot.

I get what you’re saying and respect your opinion, but I think we may have to agree to disagree. The more debate I see from various people about having loot magically appear in various places, the more I think the loot should just stay at the corpse and that’s that.

It sounds like I’m in the minority, but such is life.

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: NoobieOne.4167

NoobieOne.4167

They are on other side of an unreachable area. An UNREACHABLE area. (at least maybe temporarily). I don’t see why I should be able to kill someone who is on one side of a wall and then have a loot bag magically appear on the other side of a wall. That just doesn’t make sense to me (at least less sense than magic and dragons and talking frogs haha). I still get xp though for the kill, so there is that reward (and the intangible benefit of knowing that I’m helping my team.)

Heck, maybe I’ll play harder so that I stand a better chance of getting behind that gate and collecting my loot.

I get what you’re saying and respect your opinion, but I think we may have to agree to disagree. The more debate I see from various people about having loot magically appear in various places, the more I think the loot should just stay at the corpse and that’s that.

It sounds like I’m in the minority, but such is life.

If what you are saying happens loot will need a huge buff. For those of us who spend 100% of our time in WvW a good 80-90% of our profits come from what we get in those loot bags and selling it on TP or to merchants Even with this we are not earning much money (we probably earn quite a bit but spend so much on siege+repairs+upgrades that it takes a toll). Pretty much if we were unable to access more of our loot bags (even though now I’m probably only getting about 85% or so if what you want comes into fruition that number will probably drop to 50 or lower) I do not think WvW players will even be able to afford the costs mentioned above. As it is many players are not able to afford to drop the 2-3 gold to upgrade a keep. Personally I am fine with the amount of money dropping being about 1/3 of that a PvE player will gain but what people fail to realize is that we are spending much more than an average pve player will spend.

Noobie One
member of [RISE]

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

or just leave it as it is now where u can choose to pick them up but any that u do miss will spawn at ur feet next time u use waypoint.

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I don’t think that’s possible with their engine and would be overly complicated. There already have been better solutions in this thread.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Loot Bags to Chests

in WvW

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

Since it seems like a technical limitation that will most likely not allow auto adding loot to your inventory, I think the best suggestion I have seen in this thread is to make the (F) key search a much larger area, so if you are running and loot spawns you don’t have to stop and run back to pick it up, this would allow for looting a large area around you on the fly. This would also keep combat from being stop and move around to loot to just keep going. You would still have to press F, but it would be much nicer if the F search covered a large area around you.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW