Low dmg ? Kinda lost about this...

in WvW

Posted by: SamuelV.7486

SamuelV.7486

I’ve been playing alot of SPvP as a thief. The thing is, when I roam in WvW (Full berseker exotic gear with some ascended accessories) I feel like my dmg is really low. I got like 13k HP, my dagger hit rarrely crit over 1.2k while in SPvP they crit over 2k… Why? Any leads pls?

Like, my dagger crits for 500 vs a warrior…

in WvW

Posted by: Reavan.8753

Reavan.8753

You are doing something wrong.

I do much more damage in wvw than I do in spvp as a thief.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well wvw warriors probably have at least 1k more toughness.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

SamuelV.7486

Could it be the food? IDK, im using this build : http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Thief_-_D/P_roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

did you move straight from sPvP into WvW? because if you did, sometimes your traits are reset.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

SamuelV.7486

No my traits are fines…

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Maybe you found a really-tankish, 3.2k+ armor warrior who was trying to get back to the zerg?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Tbh, my hits are really low on thief too, even running full zerk (traits on full damage). I can say truthfully that my thief hits less than my warrior and my warrior has 10k health and nearly 1k toughness more than my thief.

Would like to hear if anyone knows how to make it viable.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Could you post your build? Might help us see where the problem is.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Make sure you aren’t using pvp weapons, and make sure you have trinkets on. You don’t need to worry about that in pvp but it could be causing this.

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

I’ve been playing alot of SPvP as a thief. The thing is, when I roam in WvW (Full berseker exotic gear with some ascended accessories) I feel like my dmg is really low. I got like 13k HP, my dagger hit rarrely crit over 1.2k while in SPvP they crit over 2k… Why? Any leads pls?

Like, my dagger crits for 500 vs a warrior…

In spvp most players are zerker or celestial. In wvw you have a lot of players running more defensive builds that focus in large group fights. Also ascended + extra hp/power from guard stacks etc…

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

5 stacks of Applied Fortitude can make all the difference.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

5 stacks of Applied Fortitude can make all the difference.

Applied Fortitude boosts Vitality, not Toughness, so you shouldn’t be hitting for any less no matter how many stacks.

Only thing I can think of is that you’re either missing gear or you have the wrong pieces/set on.

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Maybe you picked the wrong target. Backstab is not a very hard hitting attack, even in full berserker gear. If you backstab a warrior in full PVT ascended gear, with mercy runes on top of that, chances are you are gonna see a ridiculous number. Don’t try to kill these guys: they don’t want to fight out of their zerg, and you’ll just waste your time trying to kill them. Focus elementalists, mesmers, other thieves, necromancers, and any guardian that wields something that doesn’t look like a staff.